Status
Not open for further replies.
Maeve could only chuckle in response as she drew one of her own magic dagers and tossed it up in the air, catching it by the handle. This wench looked like one of Torvald's unfinshed prototypes. No matter. Maeve doubted she would have much to fear.

"Tell me, kitten. Are all those glowsticks supposed to scare me off?"

@Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies

Was this one of the cultists? Certainly she was insane enough to be one. "It's to make it clear you are not welcome here. I don't know what treasure you think some farmer in a small patch of land would have. As it is, I will have to spend a week's wages repairing that window you broke." Alice walked to the front door and held it open. "Leave."

@Gummi Bunnies @Hahli Nuva

"Everybody has something they treasure, kitten..."

Maeve tossed another one of her knives in the air and caught it, before quickly sending the dagger in Alice's direction. If she was fast enough to block or dodge it, things could get interesting.

@Yun Lee

Without moving a muscle, Alice simply blocked the knife with one of her Beam Katanas, causing the metal to melt. "If it's a fight you're after, I'm not giving you one," she said, sounding more annoyed by this whole situation than anything. "You're an intruder and a nuisance, and I just want you off my property."

"Very well, I'll leave..."

Maeve fired Alice a look that clearly said she wasn't leaving. Just before anyhting else couild happen, Maeve triwled two daggers into her hand and said one simple word.

"Goodnight..."

Then everything went black. Alice would see nothing but pitch black darkness in all directions, above and behind her, and nothing else. Not even her own lightsabers could be seen from this darkness and Mave would disappear like she wasn't even there.

@Yun Lee

Oh for the love of... "Will you just leave already?" Alice would wait out the temporary darkness, tapping her foot impatiently.

If Maeve was trying to find anything worth stealing, she wouldn't. Alice had only the barest necessities needed for living and farming. Why she insisted on stealing despite Alice continually telling her she had nothing of worth was anyone's guess.

Maeve indeed was looking around the house, zipping up and down the rooms and halls. As she searched, her enthusiasm died down bit by bit until she stopped, looking at her hands.

What in the Nine Realms was wrong with her?

Maeve stopped in front of a mirror, looking at her own reflection. She didn't see the cunning, brave rouge she once was. Was this what she had been reduced to? Robbing poor farmers in the middle of the night? Maeve couldn't believe her eyes. The young woman looked at Alice, who seemed to not care for her blinding effect (that was fine, it was going to wear off in a few minutes anyways...)

Maeve had made a huge mistake.

She let her fear dictate her actions, and she was lucky Alica was mature enough to not kill her on the spot. She was no better than that king she had defied, the man who had sent her to Avalon would probably be heaping praise on to her for being so 'daring'.

This was not how she did things. She was a thief yes, but she only stole from those that deserved it.

Maeve did not know who or what caused her to leave the battle she had once been in. Was it Fear? Hate? Desperation? That beast was clearly not normal. Maeve could only surmise that the beast had done something to her senses, to throw her off track and distract her from the real threat.

And she played right into his hands. No doubt, the boar wasn't smart enough to do this on his own. Someone or something was behind all of this and she had to find out what.

Maeve then decided to set things right.

After clearing her head, she turned her effects off and Alice could see her again. This time however, Maeve had a different feel. First act of redemption? Sallowing one's pride.

"It seems we've gotten off on ze wrong foot, kitten,."

Close enough.

@Yun Lee

As Maeve returned from her looting, Alice blinked, vision finally returning. It was a cute little trick, she would give the girk that. But Alice hadn't been Rank Two in the UAA to be bested by mere parlor tricks. You'd need demonic entities and coming back from the dead to accomplish that.

"I'm glad you finally caught on." She jabbed her thumb to the door. "Are you done with your little fun now? I have business to attend to and can't play games for much longer."

tumblr_inline_oyfsbbYpwy1vp7dy3_100.jpg

❝ ... ❞ Majima could only watch this go back and forth, having gone and lit himself a smoke to pass the time. A tired breath of cigarette-induced air went out. He didn't have the time for this, as much as he felt the itching need to fight someone or something. ❝ Well, if yall are done bickering and shit, I need to prep up before getting the hell outta here with Makoto. ❞

Tossing his used cig out the window, the eyepatched man stepped towards the bedroom that Makoto was still in, but stopped right before the door. Glancing down at his right arm, he took notice that it was twitching in a strange manner. He knew what that meant.

❝ Fucking hell, out of all the goddamn times, why now? ❞ He cursed, holding back his twitching arm as it began to surround itself in misty shadows. If Alice remembered the traits of that demon boar outside, the boar's demonic steam was almost the same as Majima's shadows.

❝ Sorry if this sounds really stupid but like... I need someone to beat the crap outta me. It's the fastest way to shut up the weird demon instincts I got. ❞ Running out of time and options to reduce his demon instinct-induced rampage, Majima blurted out the short gist of the situation. Probably to keep himself from wrecking havoc within the house, the man threw himself out of the window that Maeve crashed into earlier.

@Yun Lee @Hahli Nuva

Aware that she was running out of time to save Blake, Lapis gave a firm nod for Wyatt to assist her with the healing process. However, despite their best efforts, Blake didn't seem to get any better. In fact, it looked like his condition was only steadily getting worse by the second. Something about this was truly soulcrushing about this, that even after seeing her brother again after what she's done, Lapis couldn't do anything for him this time. He was going to die, and she couldn't prevent it. Just like the last time.

Assessing the situation, Lapis saw that Riesbyfe was going par to par with the ghastly ghoul, and saw that the demonic boar was still focused on her, Blake, Wyatt, and Gran. If Blake was going to die regardless, she rather preferred that he didn't die with this boar attacking them! Leaving Blake with Wyatt, Lapis rushed to craft another crystal sword while facing the boar head-on.

❝ Stay away from them! ❞ Lapis yelled out upon swinging the crystallized blade at the boar's incoming horn attack. She should've expected this, watching the fragile blade shatter upon contact, the crystal shards shattering apart in front of her. There was no time to craft another crystal weapon on the spot, only frozen in place as the boar readied another swing of it's horned tusks. She felt utterly useless here, powerless to stop the disaster in front of her. The desire to keep on fighting in order to protect other people still lingered despite how one-sided everything felt on her end. No doubt that this was the extent of what she could do here. Not even Lambdadelta was around to assist her, assuming that the Witch of Certainty survived her encounter with the executioner.

Closing her eyes, Lapis braced herself for the inevitable. If she were to protect these people with the lack of actual prowess to handle a beast infused with this excessive amount of Wrath, she prepared herself to be the meat shield until she was the only one left here. As long as this demon was present and that Eliza still wandered through the multiverse, Lapis swore to herself that she wouldn't fall even after another death of hers.

She was ready to die in the place of other people. She was ready to die trying to protect others. That was her goal.

But once again, she was refused the chance to die, realizing that the boar's attack was halted by something.

tumblr_pc9fhmi7aE1v3qowuo1_100.jpg

❝ What? ❞ Lapis's eyes widened in shock. No one else halted the boar's assault. That wasn't the case. What stopped the boar from attacking her solely was a sudden burst of magical energy blocking it's tusk, and that all of this magical energy sprouted spontaneously from her lacking left shoulder. She didn't even understand this sudden surge of power coming out of her, but if she had to guess, this was related to her position as the new Witch of Miracles. An overwhelming amount of magical energy consisted of Miracles, it appeared as if she had a flaming bar of magic for a left arm. Inspecting this strange miracle in itself, Lapis noticed that where her newfound magic limb loosely held off one of the boar's tusk, that it's magical energy was actually purging the Wrath's essence with ease!

❝ Alright... I think I have an idea... ❞ She convinced to herself that this was possible now. Before, she was convinced that this fight was impossible, yet she was silently wishing for a miracle. Was this the miracle that she was awaiting for this moment? Thinking back, wasn't her entire existence a miracle? A rather selfish miracle initiated by Bernkastel... and then reinforced by her inability to give up. In that case, she would have to put that Miracle into good use. Placing a hand onto her left shoulder as if to focus in more energy into her magic arm, Lapis took aim at both the boar and the ghoul once she lined up a shot.

tumblr_pc9g62Nw6p1v3qowuo1_100.jpg

❝ This better work... ❞ She muttered to herself moments before she would release all that magic in one go, ❝ FIIIIIIRE!! ❞ A rapid stream of blue aura was launched into the form of a beam, all stemming from Lapis's magic arm. It simply appeared to pass through the boar and ghoul without much effect or reaction. So at first glance, it looked like it did nothing to contribute, but in actuality, this magic wasn't to damage the two beasts in a single burst. Instead, this magically generated beam from Lapis granted a Miracle. The dangerous steam made out of Wrath essence from both threats was wiped clean off of them, removing it's strange properties from those beasts. In short, Lapis granted them a Miracle to be able to fully defeat the demonic boar and ghoul without the Wrath essence interfering and making the task impossible. The method to defeat the threat was possible now due to this Miracle.

❝ I... I purged the Wrath essence just like that... that means these two won't regenerate like crazy anymore... EVERYONE, ATTACK THEM WITH ALL YOU'VE GOT!! ❞ Realizing what she's done by the time her magical beam died down, Lapis signaled for everyone to strike back and take this chance now that they've gotten it. With this new power, she didn't have trouble crafting herself a new reinforced crystal sword, charging in to get a few stabs in.

Due to Lapis's dispelling magic, the ghoul was left without it's charged orb from earlier and the boar couldn't muster up those lightning strikes from earlier. The two beasts were completely open to their combined attacks, especially with the regenerating trait gone!

@Ver @Lucky @York

"Vell, vhatever you say, kitten..."

Maeve noticed Majima's request, and was the first to move, swiftly rushing over and dealing a savage blow across his face with a right hook from her fist. Maeve's striking power had been honed by years of street fighting and her battles with The Magistrate and Paladins. If she could knock a grown man wearing full magic armor out with a few blows, then beating up this man shouldn't have been that difficult, demon powers or not.

Maeve quickly followed that hook up with a powerful kick to his gut, before finishing her combo off with a devestating spinning 360 roundhouse kick.

@Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee

Good. She was gone. Alice was grateful that Majima respected her enough to take the fight outside. But there was one thing Alice needed to make clear. Calling out to Maeve from her broken window, Alice said, "After you fight him, leave. You are not welcome on my property, and if I see you here again, I will call the police." That said, Alice took a step back and looked over the damage done. Maybe there was someone who could fix that cheap for her...until then she could board up the window.

While a fight ensued outside of her house, Alice found some loose boards in her shed, along with hammer and nails, and spent the next twenty minutes boarding the window up and cleaning up the glass. Once done, Alice closed her door and locked it, then went back to check on Makoto. "How are you faring?" she asked the girl.

Wyatt Halliwell

Wyatt, not quite ready to give up, continued to try to heal Wyatt with one hand while he summoned an explosion magic attack to attack the ghoul and the boar. " Come on Blake, I'm doing the best I can do, but I feel you are going to need to help me," he said.

@Ver @Gummi Bunnies @York

Having thrown himself out the window and landing with a rough thud, the yakuza didn't do much to defend himself the moment he stood up to be met with incoming punches and kicks. Falling to the ground, Majima's body started to generate more of those shadows, allowing him to get back up on his feet again. Much like these shadows had a regenerative property to them.

tumblr_inline_oxij8fNvhC1v1drab_100.jpg

❝ Not half bad... ehehehee... ❞ A shrill laugh came from the man, a devilish smile expressing his crazed delight for what he was about to do. Whatever allowed him to use these shadows around him, it clouded his moral compass, that he desired the feeling to maul something apart. Fetching from his pocket a sheathed weapon, the Mad Dog wasted no time to remove the sheath, tilting his dagger side to side as if admiring the reflective light on the blade's metal.

❝ My turn! ❞ Majima exclaimed once he sped right after Maeve with his knife ready for a quick stab. However, he appeared to have disappeared in front of her, much like an after image. It was hard to tell if that was because he could use his shadows to disappear or that he was simply that fast when moving like this. At the last second, the man reappeared to Maeve's left, his knife merely a few inches away from her neck!

@Hahli Nuva

Makoto brought herself back from her thoughts once she heard Alice enter the room again. For a moment, she grew worried, considering that she heard the window outside the room break. That wasn't much of a good sign, but she had no way of telling.

❝ I'm fine, thank you for asking, Alice. ❞ She nodded once asked about her wellbeing. She wasn't in pain or anything like that, but... The lack of another voice bothered her for a moment.

❝ Uh... where's ... Majima? ❞ Her morbid curiosity got the best out of her, especially with how she took a second to adjust to saying his name. Just thinking that after all these years, she finally referred to him by his name. She couldn't imagine how hard it was for him to find her, let alone help her despite being heavily involved with the underground world of the yakuza. A part of her didn't want to think too hard on certain things, but his sudden absence once again after hearing his voice and name made it impossible for her to not ask this.

@Yun Lee

Unfortunately Blake wasn't much in a state to do much himself, only able to look up at Wyatt with a pained daze in his eyes. Though, it appeared like the healing was finally making progress ever so slowly, doing so after Lapis had unleashed a purifying attack at the boar and ghost moments ago. Maybe the excess aura from her magic was the key to remove the toxic Wrath exposure that Blake had.

@Lucky @Ver @York

Having thrown himself out the window and landing with a rough thud, the yakuza didn't do much to defend himself the moment he stood up to be met with incoming punches and kicks. Falling to the ground, Majima's body started to generate more of those shadows, allowing him to get back up on his feet again. Much like these shadows had a regenerative property to them.

❝ Not half bad... ehehehee... ❞ A shrill laugh came from the man, a devilish smile expressing his crazed delight for what he was about to do. Whatever allowed him to use these shadows around him, it clouded his moral compass, that he desired the feeling to maul something apart. Fetching from his pocket a sheathed weapon, the Mad Dog wasted no time to remove the sheath, tilting his dagger side to side as if admiring the reflective light on the blade's metal.

❝ My turn! ❞ Majima exclaimed once he sped right after Maeve with his knife ready for a quick stab. However, he appeared to have disappeared in front of her, much like an after image. It was hard to tell if that was because he could use his shadows to disappear or that he was simply that fast when moving like this. At the last second, the man reappeared to Maeve's left, his knife merely a few inches away from her neck!

@Hahli Nuva

Maeve proved to be just as fast, slidingback and kicking the arm that held the knife, hoping to disarm Majima. The man was fast, but it was nothing she hadn't seen before. The former Paladin quickly went on the offensive, throwing daggers from her coat at the man as she strafed to his left.

"Vell, somebody's on edge..."

Wyatt Halliwell

Wyatt had honestly lost track of everyone from what he had seen, but he didn't need to be told the boar in the city was dangerous. He was pretty sure he could get in a few attacks to help out. He summoned Excalibur and used his telekinesis to stab the boar in the gut. He quickly realized that he had another attack, channeling one of his less used powers to shrink the boar. " I think introductions can wait for now, we should get rid of the boar first."

@York @Yun Lee @Hahli Nuva @Ver @Gummi Bunnies

Jefferson/ The Mad Hatter, Peter Quill and Chris Halliwell

Jefferson came back with a new tea set and started making it away from the table. " I guess it is pretty normal for me too," he replied.

"
As alright as one can be for landing on a tea set, I'm durable enough. Who are you people?" He asked, running his hand through his hair. Jefferson ignored Quill and continued making his tea.

"
Chris Halliwell."

Asher Falcon

Asher looked over at her and looked at her. " I can try, but I'm really tired, so I might need to be carried at some point," he admitted, though he was really hungry and wanted some food too. He wondered where they could find some.

@Minerva

Kiri

Kiri had heard the weird noise and approached the strange bushes, cautious and holding her dagger close to the bush, looking like she was ready to stab the person.

" I killed people!" Kiri shouted, imitating an unfamiliar voice.

@York @Gummi Bunnies
Maeve heard what the strange boy said and quickly continued her attack.This thing was huge! Just where did it come from? For now, all she could do was zip around the battlefield at an alarming speed, tossing out knife after knife to keep the thing's attention occupied.

"Zis is no joke! Who made zis thing and vhy is it in the middle of ze damn city!?"

@Ver @Gummi Bunnies @York @Lucky @Yun Lee
Alice nodded at Blake's comments, and did as requested, shooting off beam after beam relentlessly. This was going far faster than anticipated, which was all good. She could check on Makoto right after and make sure she was safe.

@Gummi Bunnies @Hahli Nuva @Lucky @Ver @York
Ries17.png

"Hooh, so if we continue applying pressure to it, we'll be able to wear it down for you, eh?" Riesbyfe responded to Blake, grinning eagerly. As much as she thought to herself how much she enjoyed the peace of Avalon, there was a part in her body that ached for some action, and it seemed like this boar was asking to be the outlet for it, especially if she was able to let loose like this.

To that end, she continued her previous course, circling around the boar to not make herself a still target, all the while performing a barrage of reinforced punches, faster than the most talented natural boxer, her fists thrusting and withdrawing sharply like a machine every second!

@Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @York @Hahli Nuva @Lucky
Out of everyone present, the boar focused it's next attack at Gran, somehow catching on that the boy had some defensive abilities that spread out to everyone else present. As it targeted Gran with an upwards horn swing, Wyatt's attempt to shrink the demonic boar's size was warded off, much like an outside force preventing him from doing so as lingering steam surrounded the beast for a split second.

Due to the combined attacks focused on the monster, those non-descript markings on its back began to light up once more, this time staying like that for a longer window of time. A long enough window for Blake to take the chance!

❝ Alright, this new feature better not backfire on me now! Module A, formation 5! ❞ Blake positioned himself right above the boar's back, projecting with his PWM a large cannon. There was no doubt that he could hit it square on those markings from here, he just needed to pull the trigger. ❝ Gotcha!! ❞

Within seconds, he started to let a heavy hail of energy bullets and blasts pelt down at the boar's back, causing the beast to roar loudly upon being shot from above. Almost like a chain reaction, the present battle damage from everyone else attacking the boar normally began to light up with that steam once more.

❝ ... I would explain why this demon is here, but it's a long story. ❞ Lapis made an offhand comment to Maeve, about to charge in once more with her crystal sword readied. However, she caught wind of what exactly the steam coming out of the boar's wounds were. It wouldn't make sense for anyone else but her, who's faced several creatures summoned by her. How come she didn't realize that this gigantic boar had this as well?! Looking up, she saw that Blake was still firing at it's back, putting two and two together on what he was unintentionally doing.

tumblr_pc32vcSIne1v3qowuo1_100.jpg

❝ Oh god, this is... really bad. ❞ Lapis gasped out once she realized what this creature was for. It wasn't to specifically kill her, not with that essence involved. Clearing her throat, she screamed as loudly as she could, ❝ BLAKE, STOP SHOOTING! THAT'S NOT IT'S WEAK SPOT! ❞

Her voice managing to get to his ears while airborne, Blake was extremely shocked and confused at this development. A part of him was shocked that she was screaming out to him, calling him "Blake." It was like how she usually called out to him back then. However, another part of him was confused by what she meant, that he wasn't actually hitting a weak spot. Stopping his fire, he noticed that the boar wasn't fatigued or incapacitated like he initially thought.

tumblr_inline_p7lmunskcl1sy4uqk_100.png

❝ Wait, what the hell? ❞ He was immediately alarmed that their efforts did the exact opposite to the demonic boar, which looked like it was going to release its excess steam in seconds by how much it was glowing a shade of green. While he had no idea what the deal was with the steam, he started to get himself away from it as fast as he could. On the other hand, Lapis had a vague idea on what was going to happen soon.

❝ EVERYONE, BACK OFF NOW! ❞

Another roar followed suit from the demonic boar, and so did an explosion of malevolent energy from it's body. Just even breathing a hint of this corrupt steam was alike to breathing in polluted smoke, that it would suffocate a normal person in an instant. Under all sorts of stress from this situation growing worse by the second, Lapis forced herself to conjure up a roughly made crystal wall that would keep the sinful steam from rushing out towards herself, the group, and the city, the act of doing so pushing her battered body to its limits. Even if she did so, it was unclear what was happening on Blake's end, his body obscured from view as the abnormal smoke appeared to engulf him completely.

At this rate, it was impossible to get near or even see the beast with all the smoke in the way, the beast's roar echoing out and slowly sounding like something else.

@Ver @Yun Lee @York @Hahli Nuva @Lucky
Alice started coughing, the sudden burst of smoke filling her lungs. She brought herself down from her perch, catching her breath. What was that...? She would rush out of the smoke fast as she could, in order to see where the beast had gone.

@Gummi Bunnies
Wyatt Halliwell

Wyatt acted on instinct and quickly summoned a force field around himself and anyone that was near him to not breath in the toxic fumes. He wasn't sure how long he could hold it. " So, how exactly do we beat this thing?" He asked, looking slightly worried as he wasn't sure how long the force field might hold the smoke off.

@Gummi Bunnies
Maeve used her cloak to become invisible, darting out past the smoke and scaling the closest building to get a bird's eye view. This pig was clearly demonic, and it seemed that nobody in this group knew where it came from or who summoned it.

The adorable thief stood on the roof of the complex, listening closely for the pig's screams to figure out just where it ran off to.

@Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @Ver @York @Yun Lee
Maeve used her cloak to become invisible, darting out past the smoke and scaling the closest building to get a bird's eye view. This pig was clearly demonic, and it seemed that nobody in this group knew where it came from or who summoned it.

The adorable thief stood on the roof of the complex, listening closely for the pig's screams to figure out just where it ran off to.

@Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @Ver @York @Yun Lee
tumblr_pc3irxrMKU1v3qowuo1_100.jpg

❝ Good question actually. Uh... you know what the story behind the Seven Deadly Sins is all about, right? ❞ As much as she wanted to go into the smoke in a rampant search for Blake, Lapis forced herself to stay out of the fumes, using Wyatt's question as a way to not run off at the moment. At this point, she saw it impossible for herself to fight this beast alone, not with what it was fused with. If they knew about it, maybe it'll better their already dangerously slim chances. ❝ Long story short, that demon's been summoned by a piece of shit woman who's taken control of all seven of the Sins' vessels, and that it's been fused with a lot of the essence from the Vessel of Wrath. At this scale of Wrath this boar has... I don't know what to do, since it seems to take in our attacks to do it's own... I've never fought against anything that's been contaminated with this much Wrath before... ❞

Explaining all that she could in the heat of the moment, Lapis spotted that the smoky fumes of Wrath were clearing out, allowing her to break apart the crystal wall to see what was left to deal with. The first thing she took notice of was the collapsed body of Blake, who must've crashed into the ground after being heavily exposed to the excess Wrath essence. She was about to make a mad dash towards him, but she stopped in her tracks once she saw that the boar was still here. Actually, the demonic boar didn't appear to move out of it's original spot at all, but those markings on its back were gone.

And in it's place...

... a skeletal ghost was to be seen sprouting out from the boar's back. Without warning, the towering ghost swung it's bony claws at Lapis, who was the closest, but she was able to jump out of it's way. She had to get to Blake, thinking that he was on the verge of death due to that exposure to the Wrath essence!

❝ BLAKE!! ❞ Not wanting to waste any more time, she started to sprint towards his direction once more. As she did this, the boar stomped at the ground once, sending an electric shockwave at everyone! At the same time, the ghost swung two of it's claws towards Riesbyfe, seeing her as the closests to go for next.

@Hahli Nuva @Lucky @Ver @York @Yun Lee
Maeve watched as the boar revealed itself once more, but it seemed that one of their allies was down and they were being attacked by some sort of skeleton woman.

For now, she decided to stay back and watch from her rooftop. If all of them fell and the demons left the area, she could come and loot their corpses without any remorse! After all, she didn't kill them.

@York @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Ver @Lucky
"Gngh!"

Riesbyfe only just managed to slip away from the ghost, though its claws managed to at least rip through her clothes and create shallow scratches on her arm. Still, it could have been worse. Ghastly as the skeletal ghost's sudden appearance was however, the silver-haired woman was not deterred. After all, such was a common sight when she'd worked at the Church! Demons, ghouls, it was all the same, and even if she didn't have Gamaliel on her, Riesbyfe knew that she'd be a poor excuse of a former knight if she couldn't handle something like this!

Imbuing her gauntlets with even more magical energy, knowing that this was the only way to affect an astral existence such as that, she retaliated swiftly, leaping forward to give herself momentum as she practically performed an uppercut at the ghoul!

@Gummi Bunnies @Hahli Nuva @Yun Lee @York
As Rise...Rez...the white-haired woman seemed to be capable at handling that creature, Alice decided to do something else. "I will be right back!" The former assassin began speeding off back to her home, in order to check on everything. Makoto arriving with a strange girl...the boar attacking shortly after close by...there was no way it was a mere coincidence.

@Gummi Bunnies
The ghastly ghoul let out a loud cry upon being struck by Riesbyfe, though it was evident that it also gave off that same steam that the boar had but to a lesser extent. Thankfully it did not have an excessive regenerative trait like the demonic boar, but it was still a threat to be dealing with. Unlike the boar which used the Wrath essence in a defensive manner as steam, the ghost held its four arms together to guide that Wrathful power into an orb. No doubt it was trying to charge up a focused blast!

During that, Lapis was able to reach Blake, who was deathly pale and barely breathing with empty eyes. As long as he was still alive, she could try something to save him, but the chances were near slim with what was happening near them. Rushing to craft a crystal wall to defend themselves for a short period of time, she tried to tap into that magic she's learned as a Witch.

tumblr_pc7e6xafFG1v3qowuo1_100.jpg

❝ Dammit Blake, stay with me! ❞ Lapis raised her voice as if she were trying to reach him, shakily holding out her hand to cast a healing light over him. All while the crystal wall behind her was slowly crumbling away at the force of the boar's stomps and electricity.

@Ver @Lucky @Hahli Nuva @York

Nothing appeared to be out of place once Alice rushed back inside the house. That was what it seemed to be, until she would enter the bedroom to see that Makoto wasn't alone. Just the sound of the bedroom door opening alerted this other person that was here, and confusing Makoto immensely.

tumblr_inline_owawpmPMXQ1v1mk7r_250.png

❝ A... Alice? ❞ She guessed on who happened to walk in, not at all sounding like she was in distress that another person was here.

tumblr_inline_oxgtbm9JKp1v1drab_100.jpg

❝ ... ❞ The man in question stared straight at Alice without a word, obviously going tense in silence. As if he didn't expect someone to walk in right about now, especially at this time.

❝ Um... sir? You got quiet all of a sudden. D... do you know Alice? ❞ She timidly noticed his silence, awkwardly trying to make conversation. It sounded like she was fairly familiar with this man, despite his obviously suspicious appearance.

❝ Nah, don't think we ever met. ❞ He says, narrowing his eye at the former assassin. His hand lingered to the back of his pants pocket, reaching for something.

@Yun Lee
Wyatt Halliwell

" Yeah, I have heard of her. This is partially my fucking fault since she tricked me and some others into helping her under the guise that she was a good person and wasn't a piece of trash. It would make sense that it has something to do with her,"
he said, holding his shield and walking over to Lapis and Blake. " I can help heal him," he said, letting his hands glow and hoping that Lapis would let him heal the boy that she cared about. If she did let him, he would pour as much of his whitelighter power into healing Blake, He had saved his mother from a deadly coma... he hoped that he could do this.

@Ver @Hahli Nuva @Gummi Bunnies @York
tumblr_inline_oyfsbbYpwy1vp7dy3_100.jpg

❝ ... ❞ Majima could only watch this go back and forth, having gone and lit himself a smoke to pass the time. A tired breath of cigarette-induced air went out. He didn't have the time for this, as much as he felt the itching need to fight someone or something. ❝ Well, if yall are done bickering and shit, I need to prep up before getting the hell outta here with Makoto. ❞

Tossing his used cig out the window, the eyepatched man stepped towards the bedroom that Makoto was still in, but stopped right before the door. Glancing down at his right arm, he took notice that it was twitching in a strange manner. He knew what that meant.

❝ Fucking hell, out of all the goddamn times, why now? ❞ He cursed, holding back his twitching arm as it began to surround itself in misty shadows. If Alice remembered the traits of that demon boar outside, the boar's demonic steam was almost the same as Majima's shadows.

❝ Sorry if this sounds really stupid but like... I need someone to beat the crap outta me. It's the fastest way to shut up the weird demon instincts I got. ❞ Running out of time and options to reduce his demon instinct-induced rampage, Majima blurted out the short gist of the situation. Probably to keep himself from wrecking havoc within the house, the man threw himself out of the window that Maeve crashed into earlier.

@Yun Lee @Hahli Nuva

Aware that she was running out of time to save Blake, Lapis gave a firm nod for Wyatt to assist her with the healing process. However, despite their best efforts, Blake didn't seem to get any better. In fact, it looked like his condition was only steadily getting worse by the second. Something about this was truly soulcrushing about this, that even after seeing her brother again after what she's done, Lapis couldn't do anything for him this time. He was going to die, and she couldn't prevent it. Just like the last time.

Assessing the situation, Lapis saw that Riesbyfe was going par to par with the ghastly ghoul, and saw that the demonic boar was still focused on her, Blake, Wyatt, and Gran. If Blake was going to die regardless, she rather preferred that he didn't die with this boar attacking them! Leaving Blake with Wyatt, Lapis rushed to craft another crystal sword while facing the boar head-on.

❝ Stay away from them! ❞ Lapis yelled out upon swinging the crystallized blade at the boar's incoming horn attack. She should've expected this, watching the fragile blade shatter upon contact, the crystal shards shattering apart in front of her. There was no time to craft another crystal weapon on the spot, only frozen in place as the boar readied another swing of it's horned tusks. She felt utterly useless here, powerless to stop the disaster in front of her. The desire to keep on fighting in order to protect other people still lingered despite how one-sided everything felt on her end. No doubt that this was the extent of what she could do here. Not even Lambdadelta was around to assist her, assuming that the Witch of Certainty survived her encounter with the executioner.

Closing her eyes, Lapis braced herself for the inevitable. If she were to protect these people with the lack of actual prowess to handle a beast infused with this excessive amount of Wrath, she prepared herself to be the meat shield until she was the only one left here. As long as this demon was present and that Eliza still wandered through the multiverse, Lapis swore to herself that she wouldn't fall even after another death of hers.

She was ready to die in the place of other people. She was ready to die trying to protect others. That was her goal.

But once again, she was refused the chance to die, realizing that the boar's attack was halted by something.

tumblr_pc9fhmi7aE1v3qowuo1_100.jpg

❝ What? ❞ Lapis's eyes widened in shock. No one else halted the boar's assault. That wasn't the case. What stopped the boar from attacking her solely was a sudden burst of magical energy blocking it's tusk, and that all of this magical energy sprouted spontaneously from her lacking left shoulder. She didn't even understand this sudden surge of power coming out of her, but if she had to guess, this was related to her position as the new Witch of Miracles. An overwhelming amount of magical energy consisted of Miracles, it appeared as if she had a flaming bar of magic for a left arm. Inspecting this strange miracle in itself, Lapis noticed that where her newfound magic limb loosely held off one of the boar's tusk, that it's magical energy was actually purging the Wrath's essence with ease!

❝ Alright... I think I have an idea... ❞ She convinced to herself that this was possible now. Before, she was convinced that this fight was impossible, yet she was silently wishing for a miracle. Was this the miracle that she was awaiting for this moment? Thinking back, wasn't her entire existence a miracle? A rather selfish miracle initiated by Bernkastel... and then reinforced by her inability to give up. In that case, she would have to put that Miracle into good use. Placing a hand onto her left shoulder as if to focus in more energy into her magic arm, Lapis took aim at both the boar and the ghoul once she lined up a shot.

tumblr_pc9g62Nw6p1v3qowuo1_100.jpg

❝ This better work... ❞ She muttered to herself moments before she would release all that magic in one go, ❝ FIIIIIIRE!! ❞ A rapid stream of blue aura was launched into the form of a beam, all stemming from Lapis's magic arm. It simply appeared to pass through the boar and ghoul without much effect or reaction. So at first glance, it looked like it did nothing to contribute, but in actuality, this magic wasn't to damage the two beasts in a single burst. Instead, this magically generated beam from Lapis granted a Miracle. The dangerous steam made out of Wrath essence from both threats was wiped clean off of them, removing it's strange properties from those beasts. In short, Lapis granted them a Miracle to be able to fully defeat the demonic boar and ghoul without the Wrath essence interfering and making the task impossible. The method to defeat the threat was possible now due to this Miracle.

❝ I... I purged the Wrath essence just like that... that means these two won't regenerate like crazy anymore... EVERYONE, ATTACK THEM WITH ALL YOU'VE GOT!! ❞ Realizing what she's done by the time her magical beam died down, Lapis signaled for everyone to strike back and take this chance now that they've gotten it. With this new power, she didn't have trouble crafting herself a new reinforced crystal sword, charging in to get a few stabs in.

Due to Lapis's dispelling magic, the ghoul was left without it's charged orb from earlier and the boar couldn't muster up those lightning strikes from earlier. The two beasts were completely open to their combined attacks, especially with the regenerating trait gone!

@Ver @Lucky @York

@Hahli Nuva

Makoto brought herself back from her thoughts once she heard Alice enter the room again. For a moment, she grew worried, considering that she heard the window outside the room break. That wasn't much of a good sign, but she had no way of telling.

❝ I'm fine, thank you for asking, Alice. ❞ She nodded once asked about her wellbeing. She wasn't in pain or anything like that, but... The lack of another voice bothered her for a moment.

❝ Uh... where's ... Majima? ❞ Her morbid curiosity got the best out of her, especially with how she took a second to adjust to saying his name. Just thinking that after all these years, she finally referred to him by his name. She couldn't imagine how hard it was for him to find her, let alone help her despite being heavily involved with the underground world of the yakuza. A part of her didn't want to think too hard on certain things, but his sudden absence once again after hearing his voice and name made it impossible for her to not ask this.

@Yun Lee

Unfortunately Blake wasn't much in a state to do much himself, only able to look up at Wyatt with a pained daze in his eyes. Though, it appeared like the healing was finally making progress ever so slowly, doing so after Lapis had unleashed a purifying attack at the boar and ghost moments ago. Maybe the excess aura from her magic was the key to remove the toxic Wrath exposure that Blake had.

@Lucky @Ver @York
Gran
@Ver @Lucky @Hahli Nuva @Gummi Bunnies

Gran had been focused on protecting his allies... But his defensive aura from his "phalanx" was slowly but surely dissipating...

Slowly, but steadily, shield raised... He advanced forwards, his body glowing as he began to build up something, poising his sword as he prepared to unleash some kind of charge attack on both the boar and the ghost simultaneousy... He just needed a little more time...

???
@Gummi Bunnies @Lucky

The noise seemed to stop, and the ears receded into the bush... How peculiar...​

Ries19.png

"Return to the abyss from whence you came, fiend! Raaaaaaaagh!"

Feeling a wave of electrifying (not literally) adrenaline come over her, probably playing a part in strengthening her further, Riesbyfe felt bold enough to pick up the boar's entire body with her bare hands, metal fingers digging into the beast's flesh tightly as she stumbled lightly, but found her footing.

She knew she couldn't maintain her position for this long, barely even able to lift the entire beast off the ground, but once she did, the former shield maiden made her move, clumsily but still effectively (she hoped) throwing it right at the ghoul with the hopes of taking them both down like a hard slam!

@Gummi Bunnies @York @Lucky

Wyatt Halliwell
Wyatt sighed and looked down. There was nothing worse then seeing the pained and dazed expression in Blake's eyes. It never got easier when it cam to healing people. It seemed that slow exposure was helping to heal her brother. " Hey, your excess aura is helping in healing your brother," he said, continuing to work on his own healing as he told Lapis this. He was bad with names, but he hoped that she got that.
@Ver @Gummi Bunnies @York

Kiri
Kiri looked over at the bushes and then looked down to see what it was what that she intimidated away, still holding her dagger in case it was hostile.
@York @Gummi Bunnies

"Majima is..." How do you even describe what happened out there without sounding like a lunatic? "...taking care of something outside. I doubt he will take long."

Alice took a seat on the bed, by Makoto. Now that they had some alone time that wasn't occupied by otherwordly demons or insane thieves, maybe she could learn more about this girl and what was going on. "That girl who brought you here...do you know her at all?"

@Gummi Bunnies

Majima was forced to back away the moment his knife-wielding arm was kicked, keeping a tight grip on the bladed weapon as he skidded backwards into a halt. It was a legitimate adrenaline rush for him, given that the last time he was able to fight like this without holding back was a good enough time ago. He knew that this was wrong to go this far, but his demon instincts told him otherwise. Much like withdrawal, his need to fight as if this were a life or death situation overcame his humane restraint.

Getting himself to stand up straight, the yakuza saw from the corner of his eye that Maeve was throwing daggers at him, circling around him as she did so. Laughing in an unhinged manner, he went to work on dealing with those thrown knives, deflecting them with his own. When it came to the last that he would have to swipe away, he purposefully blocked it in a way that the redirected dagger would fling itself up above him. Backing up a step or two, Majima performed a kick at the air, managing to line up the tip of his shoe with the handle of the blocked knife. It would be no surprised after this maneuver that Maeve would see one of her thrown daggers flying straight back at her.

tumblr_oz67nauLgo1v3qowuo7_100.png

❝ You've been doing terribly well so far... it's just been a fucking long time since I got to let loose like this, and I ain't sure when I can do this shit again. ❞ Majima was simply having too much fun with this, standing there as he observed his right arm be surrounded by those shadows once more. As if it was reacting this way after having this arm be kicked, it looked like it was healing the possible bruising he could've gotten, and by extension spread those shadows to his knife. It wasn't long until his knife appeared to have darkened electricity sparking through it's blade.

❝ But if I'm not gonna get a big ass gash any time soon, you'll get one instead! ❞ He couldn't himself from saying this as he rushed at Maeve again, knife ready to stab her. Regardless if she dealt with that kicked dagger earlier or not.

@Hahli Nuva

The combined efforts following Lapis's Miracle to severely weaken the two beasts sustained heavy damage to them. In fact, the large ghoul in particular was seen to be fading away after being struck by the thrown boar due to Riesbyfe, meaning that one of the two major threats had been taken care of. On the other hand, the boar was still active despite roughly landing on it's back, exposing its underside!

Lapis was about to act before the boar could do anything else, but stopped herself once she overheard Wyatt behind her. It didn't take her long to decide that her Miracles could save Blake, and that the others could handle the boar from here on. Forcing her crystal sword to shatter, she rushed over to Wyatt and Blake.

tumblr_pcd6epMLN31v3qowuo1_100.jpg

❝ A-Alright! I'll see if I can make this work! ❞ ... and maybe save him just this once. Lapis felt doubtful of herself. It had only been less than ten minutes that she's discovered how to use the magic unique to the Witch of Miracles, and she was pushing herself to use that same magic to save her brother from death. It was nerve-racking, even too good to be true. She wasn't sure if she could pull it off, that she might as well be an indirect cause to another of his deaths. It was a miracle in itself already that he was here in front of her, breathing and all.

Getting herself to raise her magically generated arm over Blake's body, Lapis tapped into that same energy she used to nullify the Wrath that was coming out of the summoned demons here. If she was able to purge that essence away, then she figured that it would do the same to the Wrath infecting her brother. The process was slow, but progress was being made. The deathly pale skin started to regain color, his breathing becoming more in-tune, and his eyes slowly closing as if he were in comfort rather than in pain.

As Lapis was busy with this healing process, she felt a piercing pain from inside her chest, but she forced herself to ignore that sensation. Not now. Not when Blake's life was at stake! She wouldn't realize or notice this at first, but Wyatt would be able to notice that a blue liquid ran down the side of Lapis's head. Almost like...blood in the color of blue.

@Ver @Lucky @York

There was a desire to ask more about Majima's situation, but Makoto refrained from doing that. She felt like that was alike to intruding on his matters, going off of the fact that he's been hiding his identity all this time due to his involvement with the yakuza. It wasn't like she would explain that case to Alice, noticing that she didn't happen to recognize his name and that it wouldn't be necessary to share that detail with her. Though, she found herself being asked by Alice about that girl who brought her here in the first place.

❝ No, I... don't. ❞ Makoto shook her head. ❝ I don't know how long... she's been with me. It's weird, actually. Before I met her, I was resting at my apartment after my work as a nurse... and I woke up to her telling me that we needed to go... ❞ Much like retracing her steps that led up to her being here in the same room as Alice, Makoto recounted how she came to meeting Miyo. That alone implied that Makoto was being moved somewhere, but the reasoning for that was unclear. It didn't look like Makoto was told why she needed to be moved by that woman anyways.

❝ Her name, she told me it was Miyo Takano... and that she was taking me somewhere that was far away... and with someone else too. ❞ She took a moment to pause, trying to remember any other details that she knew about Miyo and this other person. ❝ Right... before I would fall asleep, when we took rests at night, I would hear them talking. I don't understand much about what they were talking about, talking about a Core and an Institute... but I remembered the weird names they called each other... Miyo was called Lambda by this other girl, and Miyo would call the other girl Lapis... ❞

@Yun Lee

Wyatt Halliwell

Wyatt was relieved that he could focus on the boar and combat it now while Lapis healed her brother. He felt horrible that he couldn't do more to help with the healing, but before he went to attack the boar, he decided to make sure nothing happened to Lapis. He knew that sometimes healing took a lot out of a person and he noticed the blood. Wyatt would try to quickly assess where the blood like substance was coming from. " It looks like healing him is causing you to bleed. Just focus on the healing of him and I'll try to make sure you are okay," he said, going to heal wherever he believed was causing the problem. It looked like he was going to need both hands if he wanted to keep up as he was going to call it, this healing trifecta. Hopefully, the others could handle the boar.

@Ver @York @Gummi Bunnies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back