The City That Never Dreams

His newly-found boss started speaking of those who had wanted to go against him and how his influence wasn't particularly big. The corner of the demon's lips jerked upwards into a condescending smirk.

Those who were unfortunate enough to oppose this mafia boss better be prepared for a 'nice friendly' visit from their neighbourhood demon.

"How do I look?"

Being asked such a trivial question, S'levthzee didn't dwell too much on it but observed 'Cyrus's' -as he had written on the contract- movements. The other male's arms were spread out, allowing the cuffs of his suit to fall in a well placed manner on his wrist. Neat, curved and sleek, his boss's suit was well tailored to suit his boss's nice physique. S'levthzee would have to disagree with the orange tie though. What a tacky colour. A nice jawline, smooth slicked back hair; this man was the paragon of power and class.

Realising he had been staring for far too long in such a weird manner, he laughed nervously to get rid of the awkward atmosphere. "You look like an absolute lady killer. Hell, I'd wager you'd even be able to make men fall for you!"

Looking outside towards the new setting he was set in, he glanced as droplets of water ran down the office windows. He glanced at his boss and his eyes darted around the room, finally resting upon an umbrella. Running over and grabbing it, he held the door open and lifted the umbrella into the air; hands poised around the handle and top as if he were about to open it.

"Shall we go, sir?"

Cyrus nodded at S'levthzee, stepping out into the dim light as the demon quickly unfurls the umbrella, protecting him from any sort of rain. Shoes making slight splashing noises from their impact on the wed cobbled ground, the duo make their way towards the docks.

Breathing in Deeply, Cyrus allows just a small grin of a real smile as he feels the wind against his skin, the biting cold of the wind permeating the air and the scent of the rain throughout the city. Oh he did like it when it rained. It seemed to just... wash everything away. Renew the world. Isolate everything down to just yourself. Of course, the feeling was slightly marred by the demon walking beside him, but since the entire reason he was out here involved him, not to mention he was holding the umbrella, Cyrus was fine with it. Tilting his head up, he looks at the clouds before sliding his eyes over to S'levthzee. "Got any questions before we show up uninvited?"

S'levthzee followed Cyrus outside, holding the umbrella up with a certain sense of pride as he watched droplets of water roll down the edges of the umbrella and onto the concrete floor of the streets. It hadn't even been a few minutes and the demon was already shivering from the weather. Stupid human body with its stupid human functions. He would've turned into his true form to warm himself up but decided against it since people would find it unusual to find a large creature made of animals on fire on the streets of, what seemed to him as, an isolated area. Staring intently and adjusting the umbrella ever so often to ensure his boss did not get wet, S'levthzee looked towards his master as he asked if he as any questions.

The humanoid demon sighed, looking at the docks that was just peering over the horizon as they continued walking.

"How many am I allowed to kill? Should I keep anyone alive?"

Cyrus grinned at the demon, smile growing a bit more feral. "As many as you want, but try and keep any that look mildly important alive, as I would so love to know who was behind this." He says as they continue walking down, docks only a few hundred metres away. Walking past a potion shop, he made note to inquire about where they get their products from, can't have anyone supplying resources such as potions freely. Turning back to the road, he and S'levthzee make their way down to the docks.

Arriving after about ten minutes, Cyrus leads S'levthzee towards the general direction of where's he knew the goods were being imported. Crouching behind a couple of crates a small way from the ships, he gazed out at the docks proper. His vision able to pierce the general gloom of the clouds, he noticed workers beginning to step off ships, holding crates as a few more milled about, checking the contents and talking with each other. Turning to S'levthzee, he incline ships head towards them. "Go wild. Spare no-one, even if you suspect they're innocent. Some of these types can be extraordinarily convincing."

Last edited:
Warning: Slight Violence

A large grin formed its way onto the demon's face, his amber eyes sparked with mischief. With an overflowing demeanour of arrogance and excitement, the wide smile on S'levthzee's face began to look monstrously frightening as his canines sharpened and horns grew out.

He stepped into their line of vision.

Looking forward, he clenched his hand into a fist and slammed it against his palm to alert those present at the dock. The workers were silent. They looked towards him from the corner of their eyes and their pupils dilated. Dropping the boxes, a few of them slung out a gun, taking aim towards the demon. Flexing his elongated fingers, S'levthzee dashed forwards abruptly, nails pointing towards the closest to him.

"Give me a hug!"

The target flinched, still holding onto the box. Throwing it forward, he let out a scream as he fell backwards. A bullet flew through the air, its force making others panic and shoot or fall. S'levthzee dodged them easily, they missed by a whole meter. Sidestepping to avoid the box, he lunged forward onto the screaming man, his claw-like fingers dug into the man's abdomen. Blood shot out of the man's body as his screaming slowly turned to silence. The sound of scrambling feet and orders being shouted paled in comparison to the sound of blood gushing out of the corpse that lay on the deck.

S'levthzee laughed.

Twisting his head round, he grinned maniacally at the other men present. They reloaded their guns with haste. Sliding towards a group closely packed together, S'levthzee snapped his fingers. A spark ignited and he snickered maniacally. He ran towards them with a flame in his hand, "I'm all fired up!" He shouted.

Only for it to be put out.

Right. It was raining.

Scoffing, S'levthzee watched as they all shot at him at the same time, he ducked with unbelievable speed and tackled the first to shoot at him. Twisting his arm, he grabbed the gun out of the man's hand and used him as a shield for the bullets. His screams did not stop for quite a while. Waiting for the guns to stop shooting, he yawned.

The clicking of empty barrels finally graced his ears.

Throwing the corpse away, S'levthzee lifted his leg above a cowering man whilst simultaneously spiking his tail through someone's abdomen. Lifting the person behind him like a kebab, he kicked down the man in front with his heel and crushed his head with his foot. Violently taking down the men one by one, S'levthzee stopped as the last man visible died with a quick crack of his neck. He sniffed the air.

"I know you're there sir! Please come out!"

His high pitched voice was tinted with a sweet tone, contrasting his bloody form and sharp appendages. A man fell out of a crate, he touched the floor with his forehead and his face was wet with tears.

"Pl-please! Let me go! I- I have a family!" The man begged for his life.

Examining him, S'levthzee smiled as he noticed his attire. Unlike the rest of the dead bodies laying behind him, the man was well dressed. A decently taken care of suit, well ironed and his tie was very obviously tied and fixed by someone else. The man was in his forties, he was balding and had a rather extensive collection of accessories covering his wrist and neck. A shiny watch; a golden neck accessory- S'levthzee had forgotten what they were called- and a large diamond ring on his finger. Remembering what his boss had said, he turned around to inform him.

"I think I found an important person!"

Strolling casually, making sure to carefully avoid the puddles of blood seeping out from the remains of the workers/henchmen, Cyrus makes his way over towards S'levthzee and the cowering man in the rain. Mildly annoyed at how the rain must be ruining his suit, Cyrus judged that the scare factor was worth the reperations. As he made his way towards the man, his silhouette gradually became clearer for the man, until he was clearly defined, standing silently in the rain not a metre from the man.

The cowering man's eyes widen at the sight of Cyrus. "O-oh god. It's you. I-I'm sorry sir, I-I didn't know! I swe-" he manages to sputter out before Cyrus' shoe slams into his face, an audible crunch coming from his nose as he is forcefully pressed into the ground. Standing over him, Cyrus calmly places the shoe he had used on top of the man's ring hand, idly noting the blood spattered across it and the wasted effort of throng to avoid the corpses, grinding the fingers into the ground.

Withdrawing his gun, he points it at the man's chest, face shadowed as he stares into the man's eyes. "A bullet for every lie. Who is responsible for this?" He says, voice barely sounding over the rain. "I am! I am!" Cringes the man, left hand covering his nose, voice more nasal than usual. "Who sent you?" "No one!" A shot echoes throughout the dock, quickly followed by a roar of pain from the man, who's left hand has shifted from his nose to the side of his body. "WHO SENT YOU?!" Roars Cyrus, facade removed, his face contorted in unimaginable fury. "Jerome! It was Jerome!" Groans the man. "WHY?!" Screams Cyrus, who is now almost completely bent over, face to face with the man, mere inches seperating them. "H-he said you were weak! Losing power! Said it would be simple to get rid of you!" Cries the man, fear now completely eveident on his face.

"Thank you. See? Was it that hard?" Cyrus's pleasantly asks, facade back in place. "T-that's it?" Asks the man. "That's it!" Cyrus grins at him. "S-so I can go?" The man asks, right hand still pinned under Cyrus' shoe. "Sure you can!" Responds Cyrus, a grin forming. But his shoe doesn't budge, nor does he shift from his position in front of the man's face. "M-may I go?" The man asks weakly. Cyrus' grin widens. "No." He says happily, before grabbing the man by the collar, hefting him towards him as he plunges his teeth into the man's collarbone whilst simultaneously firing shot's into his knees. After a minute the screams of pain begin to lesson, and the slight struggles stop in totality after two.

Standing up, Cyrus wipes some stray blood off of his chin with his finger, licking it off a he looks at S'levthzee. "Well, I do think that this was quite successful. What say you that we head back?" He asks happily.

Last edited:
Back