The Contest of Mortals [OOC]

WiZ

A cold, dark cell. Shackles, chains and a strange brace around your neck that's flashing green. You wear a hooded robe to hide your face from the rest. Suddenly, out of the corner of your eye you see an opening in the distance. Without hesitation, you rush toward the opening, you can see the light, you can feel the breeze of freedom in your hair. You get out into the light, and your spirit dissolves to ashes. What you are standing in is a Colosseum of immense proportions. In the middle of the Colosseum, you see a giant cyclops dissecting the body of another while applause roar from the crowd.

Jormundgar wins again!
says a cheerful voice.

You notice several other participants stepping into the light of the Colosseum. The crowd is looking at all of you in silence.

Well, it looks like our new contestants have arrived a little early.
the voice laughs, I am Kith Corale, manager of this Colosseum. Welcome to The Contest of Mortals!

The crowd starts cheering furiously. Clearly there was some sort of mistake. You where not meant to be here. This is insane!

Contestants! Reveal yourselves!

Welcome to The Contest of Mortals

Proxima Station, orbiting the planet Alpha Centauri, is a galactic super highway of criminals, smugglersand slave lords alike. Anything goes here, especially when it comes to The Great Centaurian Colosseum. The Colosseum, run by the Centaurian Empire's own Kith Corale is a place alive with thrill and excitement in which contestant, voluntarily or not, fight to the death for prizes of fame and glory.

Rules
In Kith's Colosseum there is only one rule, loser dies.
This tournament will be a mid-tier double elimination event based around Storyteller's Circle's revised edition of the T1 Eden Era rules. These rules are available here.
Abilities
Contestants should not exceed the mid-tier bar for this tournament. Basically, non-prepped abilities can total small vehicles or physically toss them. Since this is a sci-fi setting, magical abilities should be described in a more sci-fi manner (i.e. instead of, say, "throwing a fireball." it should be "converting kinetic energy into thermal energy creating a small ball of flames.")

All contestants are allowed to use up to three abilities (which should be outlined in their Character Sheet). A primary ability (1-2 turn of Prep), an intermediate ability (3-4 Preps) and an ultimate ability (5+ turns of Preps). Special abilities must be interconnected (i.e. no "Fireball" and "Freeze").

Ultimate magical or metahuman abilities are capable of duplicating the power levels of natural disasters such as earthquakes or meteor impacts, but it is expected that reaching such feats would require several rounds of preps, and are the fullest extent of one’s limitations. Any advanced technology must be earned by winning matches, and won't be available at the start.

Races
The Milky Way Galaxy is filled with beings of all shapes and sizes. Some are small and witty, others big and ruthless. Each unique race has their own advantages and disadvantages. Here are some of the most common races seen around Alpha Centauri:
Humans: Just regular humans
Insectoids: Four armed humanoid bugs
Crustaceans: Humanoid creatures with sturdy exoskeletons
Canines: Humanoid wolf like predators
Avians: Humanoid Birds with wings
Tigrees: Humanoid cat beings
Reptilians: Humanoid reptiles
Machines - Metal constructs

Character Sheets
Character sheets of contestants should be posted into this thread for review. You may also PM your character sheet to myself for review/acceptance if you would like to maintain the secrecy of your character selection until after submissions are closed.
Name: (Their name)
Nickname: (A title or alias)
Race: (Any known race or one of your own, be sure to give a clear description if it's one of your own.)
Sex: (M or F or some weird alien gender)
Homeworld: (Just make up a planet name)
Galaxy: Milky Way (leave this)
Description: (Appearance, height, weight and anything else that you deem relevant information)
Abilities: (Three special abilities)
Primary [PREP TIME]: (Description of ability, range, damage, other status effects such as poisoning or bleeding, etc.)
Intermediate [PREP TIME]: (Description of ability, range, damage, other status effects such as poisoning or bleeding, etc.)
Ultimate [PREP TIME]: (Description of ability, range, damage, other status effects such as poisoning or bleeding, etc.)
NOTE: Be mindful that during a match your character sheet will serve as a reference sheet for the judge. You may not use abilities that are not outlined in your character sheet.

Winning
Match winners will be determined by KO. In there is a dispute about a KO or anything, then the matches will be judged by Kith and the loser will be executed.

NOTE: Matches are supposed to be relatively fair, that's why each contestant will start each match fully healed and equipped.

Match Rules Summary:
  • Match Lengths: Unlimited
  • Post Window: 48 hours
  • Failure on the part of a combatant to post within the allotted time frame will result in their opponent being permitted to post a second time to resolve all pending attacks into successes as well as make a new round of actions. One extension per match may be requested for real life emergencies. I reserve the right to refuse an extension if I notice a pattern of extensions every single match. An extension must be requested in this thread before the 48 hour period is up, or before their opponent posts a second time if the 48 hour period has passed. If it's a personal matter, post the request here and PM me the details privately. If a request for an extension has been posted, an opponent may not post until the extension has been granted or rejected
  • Match Winners will be determined by KO
  • Matches without a clear winner will be judged by Kith
  • Damage is healed between matches

Hope I get some interest, post a character if you'd like to participate!
Moderators: Can I get a subforum for this?
If you have any questions make sure to drop a reply :^)

Last edited:
Draco, yea, PM me any questions you have
and Littlemankitten (i like the name) you can of course, that's kind of what I meant when I said cyborg.

Well by sentient vehicle I mean Im thinking about making a literal sentient tank, not a suit or anything, a tracked armored big boy with a big gun (slow as hell of course :p)

Uhhh, sure... just try to make it realistic, ok? Like something out of Terminator.

Name: Robin Egg Blue Toshi
Nickname: Rajah, Angel
Race: Avian
Sex: Male
Homeworld: Finnary
Galaxy: Milky Way
Description:

Eye Color: Grey
Hair Color: White. It is very straight and bushy, and it goes all the way down to his waist. He tries to tie it up before combat.
Skin Color: White, but with a little paleness. He has wings on his arms.
Height: 5’9
Weight: 112 lbs.
Clothing: He usually wears a white and blue vest with a grey long-sleeve undershirt that has his emblem on its sleeve.
Emblem: A pair of angel wings.
uBs3vUDqpN9HQ_WzGgaJIKPnq7xWmFBGTBJpyOHNXDKGqkOX0NYyBMR14j9vp9FcyOD4U_JEqIfx2wZxCesgtNldMIcVUgdaYl2Vb0keO4TpSVic8eg5EtSrEbqowyfFP00z2_wi

Abilities: He has the Five Universal Amethysts, which all contain ultimate power.
...But we won't be using those.
Rajah has his lance called Feather, and is very proficient with it. The top of Feather can be shot off and used to grapple. He can teleport, but only 200 yards from his original distance. He also has wings on his arms that allow him to fly, making him look like a disfigured angel. He also has the Five Sacred Spells, which he can only use once a battle. Plus, he has the Cyclone Gylite, which allows him to be able to control wind.
Primary: (Prep Time: 1 turn) Feather Lance; He slashes his lance, and feather arrows come out and are aimed at the opponent. After hitting, they cause a little cyclone.
Intermediate: Terror (Prep Time: 2 turns); Rajah wraps the enemy up with Feather and punches them the most he can.
Ultimate: Destiny (Prep Time: 4 turns); Rajah unleashes the Five Sacred Spells at the opponent and fires a ton of comets full of cosmic kinetic energy at the opponent. Upon impact, they cause an inferno to appear around the enemy.

Last edited:
fuck littlemankitten, what the hell is that shit?
When you said rank i didn't think you meant "5 meters of steel armor" tank. Seriously? did you even read the rules of the tournament?
Theres no way i can accept that as is, it's waaaaay to op against literally anything

fuck littlemankitten, what the hell is that shit?
When you said rank i didn't think you meant "5 meters of steel armor" tank. Seriously? did you even read the rules of the tournament?
Theres no way i can accept that as is, it's waaaaay to op against literally anything
haha i tried, I wasn't expecting it to get it but i decided I could try, I'll make a much less OP thing. Its just "I win" buttons are entertaining to me haha.

Reactions: WiZ
And can i use a Gundam
sure, just don't make it really over powered, or impenetrable...

@will30358 It needs some work. The description is fine but stopping time isn't something I want to allow. Maybe he can just paralyze the opponent? Also i need more description as to what exactly are these "five sacred spells"?

5 Sacred Spells: Tear up kinetic energy from alternate worlds and they're transferred to Rajah. These have been heavily nerfed.
Also, replaced time-stop with teleportation.

Serious time!
Name: Svetlana Morokai
Nickname: Dancer
Race: Human
Sex: F
Homeworld: Mingas
Description: Svetlana is a 5'11" Russian descended human. She has a Russian accent and complexion, with black hair and brown eyes. Her limbs are abnormally long for a human however. She has very high agility for a human, able to dodge slower flying objects with relative ease, as well as maneuver through melee situations. However, she carriers no protection, in order to both move quickly and to carry her guns which already weigh her down a good amount. Her guns consist of three weapons, a .45 caliber tungsten shot modified heavy pistol, a doubled barrel incendiary shotgun, and a .50 cal depleted uranium shot anti-material bolt action rifle. Due to her armor (or lack thereof) she relies completely on speed and tactical awareness. She carriers a special pair of boots with small thrusters on them so she can maneuver quicker and reach higher ledges. She has a slight brain enhancement that can allow her to process information 30% faster than a normal person. She carriers a special pair of binoculars that can see in visible, infrared, and ultraviolet light. She also has some smoke grenades.
Abilities: (Three special abilities)
Primary: Pistol [PREP TIME]: 1 turn (Can fire 1-3 rounds). She fires a .45 pistol that has tungsten bullets, but limited ammo per clip (3 rounds)
Intermediate Shotgun [PREP TIME]: 3 turns (single shot) . This doubled barreled shotgun has shells that are laced with a material similar to napalm, the friction of the gun firing causes them to set fire.
Ultimate Anti-material rifle [PREP TIME]: 5 turns. A .50 cal sniper that fires a depleted uranium shot, augments in the sniper allow it to travel mach .8.

Name: Chojin Jackson

Nickname: Gundam

Race: Human

Sex: M

Homeworld: Earth

Appearance: Chojin has Black hair and bule eyes. Chojin wears a green space suit with brown and white armor, blue pants that has white on the sides and continue with green and white with blue at the front. Chojib wears a green space helmet that is visible to see the face and has a Black top that releases of cool down to help him breathe better.View attachment 1056

Abilities: can summon a robot bird called the Life Bird via command (Life Bird onlife)

Primary: a small laster sword that helps him fight then he dosent have his full strength

Intermediate: Life Bird-is a small robot bird that appear when call out by the command (Life Bird onlife) and can combined with Chojin laster sword to form a powerful Cannon

Ultimate: Unicorn Re: 0096-is Chojin alternate form that resembles a unicorn Gundam but only gives him a horn on his head and a laster Shield that help's him focus on defense than attack

Last edited:
Back