Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived The Core Systems: Ostra - Wielden Colony

Bay-ala snickered, cracking her knuckles. “Gentlemen...I think we’re about to enter a profitable business venture...” She said, head snapping to Jamal. “Tiko and Ross. On the line. Tell ‘em to round up their wolves.”

Jamal responded with a sharp head nod, staying outside as the rest of the group entered the bar.

Stone just shook his head, smiling. “Young Kimura....if I die on this journey, I’m making it my soul purpose to haunt you in my after life...”

"So no drinks?" Kyo asked, honestly kind of disappointed. He was looking forward to a nice coffee. However, the knowledge that their business was sealed was very good news indeed. "Maruka, tell the others that we have the support of the Wolfpack." He told the other young noble happily.

He turned to Stone, looking up at him. "Don't act as if I'm in any way forcing you to do this - though you could be a good teacher for Col, he'd probably like you."

“Yes Master...” Maru said with a single bow, turning and heading out the door. God’s, the port was huge... Just looking at it made him a little dizzy. Feeling the weight of a massive feathered beast landing in his shoulders, he grinned, quickly plucking a feather. “That’s for being an ass..”

“The hell? I’m still here to get drunk, bud. And I still want my ships after this is over. We’re gonna get this in writing. I’m a crime boss, not a dip shit.” Bay laughed, already finding a booth to claim.

Stone took his own seat in the booth, his size taking up a good third of the space. “Oh, I’m well aware. Of course, you must I now that you had to tempt me in the first place.” He smiled. “Oh? Someone willing to learn from an old soldier like me? Well...now you’re really twisting my arm, Kimura.”

"You don't need to call me master, bud. Come on, we talked about this." Kyo chided gentle, poking Maru's shoulder. "Even my own familiar is less respectful towards me." He added teasingly.
"Oh, thank god." Kyo realized too late this was a bar - not even a cafe-bar, a straight up bar. In the morning. He'd been up for less than an hour and already he was going to have alcohol. He realized at that point that he was going to need Col to hide the booze aboard his ship if he didn't want the wolf mother drinking it all. "Bay, we both know of crime bosses who ARE dipshits." The androgynous guildmaster retorted.

"Maybe not learn from a soldier. He's a ghost. A polty." It was Mod who told this to Stone.

Bay could only respond in a cackle, smacking the table. “Ain’t that the damn truth!” She waved a hand, calling over a Pinkish Sli’f. “What can I-?” She started.

Bay cut her off swiftly. “Your hardest and most expensive. I’m in the mood to flex what I’ve got. And a few ash trays, if ya don’t mind. Wouldn’t want to dirty your floor.” She said, taking her cigar and flicking the ashes to the ground.

“Just...water will do...” Stone said, sighing. Why did she always have to act like an ass...? “A ghost you say...? Interesting. Tell me more.” He inquired.

Kyo shook his head in shame as he sat himself next to Stone - trusting the giant more than the wolf mother or her son. "I'll just have a cider." He announced calmly. His constitution wasn't quite as high as the average man - an unfortunate side-effect of having such a low biological body weight.

The young man turned to Stone to elaborate. "Col and I were in college together, he got in through a scholarship. His thesis required him to construct a 'unique' magical device. I don't really remember what the others made, I made Theta Fictalbum - these arms of mine; and he was making a phylactery." Of note, was phylacteries were considered extremely hard and risky to make. "He was trying to make one that didn't require an income of souls, just mana. He ended up obliterating his body the first time he tested it and trapped his soul in the phylactery. Thankfully, we worked out how to get it going properly and now his soul can get about...a hundred strides from his phylactery. He's a ghost as he is though - he helps run my Nomad."

The Sli’f made a nodding motion and proceeded on, heading towards the back.

“So Tell me, Noble Boy....where’d you find the cutie with the hood? Battle mage reject? Or just a Mage Corp drop out...?” Bay asked, leaning back as she took another long drag. The low light and heavy smoke gave her a mysteriously alluring appearance, a smug look about her.

Kyo smirked. "Actually he's my fully fledged honorable Warmage." He told her. "His house and mine share a small bond and he and I in particular - hate our families entirely." He told her. "So, he got a job as my assistant bodyguard."

Incredible... “Quite a thing to have happen...I’d like to meet Col...if he is half as intelegent as you, I’d like to converse with him as well,” Stone said, rubbing his chin.

“Warmage, uh? That’s some big shit...” She said, tapping her fingers against the table. “I know you’re a Kimura...so what’s he? Bildigard? Strütat? Weinstein?” She asked, curious.

Now Kyo had to run two conversations at once - this made things kinda tricky. Oh well.. "Col is more intelligent than me, by a good margin." Kyo told him, a grin on his lips. The grin grew wider when he addressed Bay. "Actually he's Cendril. The heir, specifically."

Stone smirked, nodding more to himself than to Kyo. “I hope that he be one of the first I meet...” he said.

“Cendril....Cendril, Cendril, Cendril....they’re the....Weapon Family, right? Manufacture some firearms and blades and such?” Bay asked, a hint of intrigue about her.

"They're in the top twenty strongest human manufacturers from what I remember." Kyo told Bay calmly, nodding a little. "Maruka seems less interested in business management though. Explains why he's a warmage."

“Serious mess...heard some things about him....his family’s into augmentation and said no thanks to it...that he turned his little brother into a bird...hell, I heard they whipped ‘im. Any of that true, shorty?” Bay asked, idly fidling with the the iron knuckles on her fingers.

"The augmentation, yes. The bird, no. That's Trent - his familiar. They refer to each other like brothers though. The whipping...I don't know - rude to ask." Kyo shrugged nonchalantly.

“Mm...weird...he has some sisters too, yeah? Heard they’re pretty cute...” Bay said, grinning.

The pink Sli’f returned, bearing a tray of the previously requested drinks and trays.

Kyo shrugged. "Never met 'em, wouldn't know." He told Bay calmly. He turned to the Sli'f and smiled his suave smile at them as they accepted the drinks. Was a good morning already. "You'll have to ask him yourself while we're on course. Shouldn't take long - it's in a forgotten world about midway between here and Quetza."

“Huh...and what you say his name was again...?” Bay asked, taking a sip of her drink....before looking into the glass and pounding it back.

Stone looked on, almost disappointed. “Could you be anymore unruly....?”

“As a Matter if fact...” Bay started, a wild grin on her face. She slouched down in her seat slightly.

Stone jumped as if something had shocked or surprised him. His eyes were wide and a blush held on his face.

“Really and truly I can be.” She laughed, sitting back up.

Kyo took a drink of his own when Bay took hers, holding it in his ceramic hand. "His name was Maruka. He's about my age, if that helps."

Kyo didn't have to see what happened to get a good idea of what Bay-ala did. He made not of several members of his guild to keep her away from as he closed his eyes.

“Maruka? Cute name...” Bay mused, almost reflecting. She shook her head and smacked her hand to the table. “Alright, boy, lets get some stuff settled.” She started, the wolf of a business woman springing forth. “I know we’re gonna have the dosh after all this for what I asked, so don’t bother mentioning it. What about our current transportation? How many ships total are going on this nigh suicide mission? We got food for the month or so you’re predicting? And do we have the arms to take down one of those behemoths - one of the small ones you hypothesis exist?”

Kyo smirked at Bay as she stood. In one go he finished his drink of cider and stood with her. "Current transportation is enough ships to carry two hundred and fifty people, some of which small enough to fit through the rift that was created. We have enough food and supply for one month sustaining two hundred people - though the intention is not to stay for very long. As for the armaments - we do have the means to cut through the tentacles but they're extraorinarily tough. My friend in Ostra has also found a Hyadn and Magius engine who seem strong enough to kill or at least wound whatever monstrosity possesses those tentacles."

Back