Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived The Core Systems: Ostra - Wielden Colony

@Raffia Kiryuin
Annie hummed quietly, before slipping into her suit yet again. This time, she hoped she could remain inside for a while. The suit was warm and comfortable.. In any case once she got into the suit completely the little face on it's front looked relieved and relaxed. "So nice.." She said happily, the suit shifting slightly as she wriggled about inside. "Hm, how do I do it." She murmured to herself.

The workshop noticeably shifted momentum, and if they looked out one of the small windows near the floor they may see they had stopped in a nice spot. Hinata's voice again could be heard through the shop. "Destination accomplished~!"

As annie wondered how to do something the suit reacted for her as one of the ancient screens lit up showing what she wanted. A list of allies which was steadily filling up with names that she thought were her allies. "A nice feature of this thing. It can intercept thoughts as commands." Titnaia explained before falling off of the suit when the ship stopped, but with a short burst from the thruster spell prevented her from falling through the floor.

Mizumi being already firmly planted on the floor she didnt even notice the ship stop. its only when hinata announced that they were there is when she looked out one of the windows. "Why do i keep getting this bad feeling i cant shake off..." She murmured and approached the exit

"Oh, that helps nicely." Annie lurched a little when the workshop slowed to a stop, but kept her footing by leaning the suit backwards rather deftly. With a few more thoughts, she entered Hinata, Titania, her ship, Hinata's workshop, and Mizumi all as allies. "Now let's test.." She hummed and went to pick up the huge cannon again to see if she could make it not fire.

Hinata properly stopped and powered down the ship - having since landed it in a huge vacant spot on a boardwalk a few dozen metres above the ground where people were walking.

"Now that they're marked as allies the projectiles wont hurt them. instead they'l pass through if too thick just shatter." Titania Told annie and if she tried just that either shooting at Mizumi or the automaton herself she would see that the projectiles went right through them and shattered against Hinatas workshop without doing any damage. living things though might experience a sudden feeling of cold for a few moments.

Peering out onto the wooden deck mizumi dropped down onto it before taking in a deep breath of air. A trail of sand scattered across the workshop leading towards the exit cast a direct path to where the fox girl had gone off to.

"Killer." Annie lifted the gun and aimed it at Titania. She hummed for a moment, before thinking better of it. "Maybe I'll test it later.." She said calmly. "Shame the projectiles don't pass through thick allies though. Could be rad if I could ally a bunker wall and blast people through it." She reasoned morosely, a caricature of a sad face appearing on the front of her suit. "Anyway, let's go." The workshop lowered a little bit until the step was only an inch above the wood, just a little lower and damage would surely be caused.

Hinata came out of the piloting pod and smiled brightly. "Come on girls, let's get ourselves a job~!" He cheered gaily, gesturing towards the door.

"heyheyheyhey! Not in-" Titania began but let out a relieved sigh when annie decided against testing the gun here. Turning to face Hinata she headed towards him and the exit where Mizumi awaited. "I follow where ever master goes. If she gets a job i shall follow even if they dont hirr me. Directly."

"Well you're a familiar anyway so they can't really reject you." Annie replied casually. "Besides you're arguably as badass as the average Hyadn so they'd totally say yeah." She strode out of the ship, the cannon slung over the shoulder of her suit. She felt top tier gangsta bad ass right now, like the characters in an action movie. Hinata strode out and with his catalyst, turned to the workshop. Lights flashed over the whole thing, warning that it was now alarmed and locked if anyone tried to break in.

"I guess youre right but we shall see what they say." Titania said and this timenit was her turn to be carried as she got up onto the shoulder of the suit. Annoie would notice a bit more weight on one side bit the suit was informing her that it wall fine still.

Mizumi on the ther hand had a pile of sand at her feet, slowly being blown away in the light breeze. She seemed like annipatient kid who couldnt wait to get to the toystore, tapping that foot.

Annie would grin if she could. "This feels AMAZING." She bragged happily. She wondered if this was how those super strong Scrapper Hyadn felt whenever they picked someone up. A totally hot babe on one shoulder, bad ass cannon on the other. She confidently strode behind Mizumi. "Let's go, kiddos~" Hinata walked in front of her as they ended up on the sandy ground. Thankfully it was somewhat brief, and a stone path jutted out, until they were on a proper road heading towards the hotel.

While on sand Mizumi jumped. Up as a small wave of it caught her, seemingly surving on a slab os. Sandstone she moved forwards without even moving a leg. Sje did however have to start walking again when they reached the road.

Annie laughed as they almost immediately went back off the sandy spot. It seemed the hotel was by a fake lake or something, the body of water smaller than even the hotel it was next to. Looked like it was just a gimmick for the building itself in fact. Hinata looked to his right - there were a few birds on the lake swimming about on the surface, as well as some amphibious reptiles and mammals.

The small party quickly came up to the hotel itself. Hinata stayed their business and they were shown straight to a room where about a hundred people were gathered of varying ages, most relaxing in chairs and the like. A small space to one side was set out with a thick managlass cage keeping it safe. This; was for tryouts. A huge beautiful blonde woman clad in a white shirt and blue overalls smiled at the newcomers and showed them to some seats. It was before this point that Annie let Titania down to get a seat of her own - though given her and Mizumi’s weights, they probably should stand instead.

Going inside the Hotel and tot he room where the rest of the canditates were Mizumi whistled at the amount of people. "Thats quite a few of em here." She said before going over to the chair shown to her. Unfortunately the thought of her weight came too late as she sat down on the wooden chair only for it to creak ominously before getting crushed under her.

Titania was quick to help Mizumi back up to her feet. "Best not to sit on any more chairs...Their weight threshold is only 5% of your total." Titania informed her master but kept it quiet enough that only those that were less than 5 meters away from her could hear it.

Annie's suit made a face that could only be described as representing incredulity as she hit both girls gently. "Who even talks like that? Wait here, I'm gonna see how long we'll have to wait." The sli'f stood the suit up to go check things out, disappearing quickly from sight.

In the room there seemed to be every race represented; humans were the most numerous but also a good amount of sli'f, some coeti, and two or three chorda - among others.

Hianta sighed as he set his huge mechanical hands to the chair - it didn't take him long to mend the absolutely busted chunks of wood back into it's original shape.

Titania was fast to counter the hit on her head by sending that sideways at Mizumi who let out a small fox like whimper from the double hit. "Not fair..." She said, pouting while her five sandy tails displayed her slight bit of anger. With a sight Mizumi sat down next to the chairs instead on a soft puffy pile of sand she had already accumulated, shortly followed by the automaton who sat down next to Mizumi but made sure to stay out of the sand.

Annie came back a minute later, sighing as she knelt the suit down beside the others. "Here you go, we gotta sign these forms." The forms were fairly standard looking wavers, not really anything special about them. Annie gave Mizumi a pen and Hinata retrieved one of his own. "We'll have to wait here for a little while longer though - apparently some people have been here for hours." She sighed softly. "Thank god we got here close to the time they start. See that cage over there? We're doing tryouts for the Hyadn and tougher non-Hyadn."

"A stroke of good luck i guess" Titania was one to speak as the took the paper both fot herself and Mizumi. Just gliding her palm over the paper was enough for the text to etch into it with black lines. The writing seemed antique some words even using letters that are no longer used in the alphabet and a font that hasbt been even used in books for over a millenia. Despite all that it was still easily readable. Once both forms were filled in just moment after they were given to her, she gave em back to Hinata. "And all done."

Hinata took the page and frowned - he could only barely understand what she was saying here - but whatever, it should be fine. With a quick flash on his opaline he filled out his own form, Annie doing the same. Annie stood again, taking the forms and leaving.

She came back a little while later. "Alright, turns out their boss is coming and he's gonna be doing some screening as well - but the tall lady said you two and I are practically guarenteed. Not sure about you, Hinata, but I'm sure it'll be fine." Hinata smiled happily and theatrically crossed his fingers on both hands. "Wish me luck~!"

Mizumi perked up when Annie announced that they were practically guaranteed. "How come?" She asked confused a bit. Didnt htey have to go through the test first?

"Word about our landing has probably spread out by now." Titania told Mizumi to calm the fox down before she had a chance to flip out. "I do hope Hinata gets taken too."

Annie shook the suit a little as if shaking her head - since the suit didn't have a head. "There aren't many Hy's here, from what I can tell with this suit you're one of like four or five. The rest are just mercenaries." She explained quietly. She didn't want to draw too much attention by saying the word out loud but it didn't matter that much. "Hinata's no guaranteed but I put in a good word for him so he's got a good chance."

Hinata listened with a big smile - he'd wished he was a Hyadn too, but that just wasn't in the fates.

Mizumi could recognise the look in Hinatas face and frowned. "Believe me you don't want this..." She told the engineer who she envied a bit as he got to be normal with no madmen on a dustball chasing him about. Just moments after that she looked at Annie again in that suit of hers. "As far as i know hes really the only one with the skills who can put both you and Titania back together."

Back