Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived The Core Systems: Ostra - Wielden Colony

Suddenly, Cass noticed flames and smoke coming from the bridge. She turned to her human-like state and ran towards the fire. It appeared to be a 950 years old relic of a ship, and Cass assumed a crash caused the blaze. She noticed a coeti asking if everyone was alright. Cass spoke her voice barely a whisper over the panicked sailors and rescuers. "Did a collision cause this?" Thinking to herself, Cass thought; Could this be what the Athena was warning me about? Or is it just the start of it all?

Last edited:
"A lot of automatons in here, how old is this ship?" One of the rescue team said quietly, looking around the dingy halls, unnatural magical lighting stemming from each rescuer illuminating the place. "Uyaah..!" One of them flinched, creeped out as an automaton grabbed her leg. "They're not fully inert yet." Another cautioned. "Well yeah, you don't say." Came the heavily sarcastic confirmation.

Meanwhile in the bridge, the two rescuers present there were forced to make a hasty retreat when the metal door buckled, and when it was blown out the door actually smashed right into the Watu captain's rocky body, bouncing off awkwardly before landing on the ground. "Ow." They exclaimed. "Hey, look." The two were now looking up from the runway at the diminutive woman and her glowing gauntlet. The first question to be asked, as was priority: "Are you alright?" Queried the amphibious individual. They were comparatively huge, as they seemed to be a moeti.

Deeper into the ship at the heart of its engine room another automaton sprawled across a console kept letting out a garbled sound as if it tried saying something over and over again. On a steel shelf nearby lie books and ancient texts that could easily be dated back a thousand years. one book in particular had Titania written on it...the same name that is written on the outside of the ship too. For now the ship seemed to be stable and wont explode but it still would be best if they put out the fires.

Back at the bridge Mizumi looked down upon the two people and winced a little as the door slammed full speed into the rocky fella. Jumping out of the corridor chunk that was still attacked to the door frame she used a jet of flames to catch her fell and let he land on the ground gently. It was only after she had approached them she said. "Yes im fine..." She said, looking at the carnage she had caused and shrunk a little knowing that shes in for allot of trouble.

Out in space the crack sparked as cosmic lightning shot out from its edges. the hole was destabilizing and beginning to close but not before an absolutely massive ship would swing by the portal, revealing its full glory. its scale easily rivaled that of the Yamato class. A single launcher pointed in the direction of the colony fired what appeared to be a strike fighter through the portal just moments before it shut in a magnificent display of colors and cosmic lightning.

Last edited:
Cass looked on at the bridge and spotted a figure back away from something. However, it was quite faint and difficult to make out.
Cass looked behind her and noticed more rescuers approaching. She waved them over and spoke to them, "Can someone please explain what's happened?"
Staring at the rescuers intently, Cass waits for a reply, only to be pushed aside so the rescuers could reach the ship. She thinks to herself, If someone doesn't tell me what's happening, I'm going to go over there and find out myself. I don't care how dangerous it is.

The coeti and the watu both looked up at Mizumi but suddenly stopped and turned to the sky. "Quick, get away from that ship!" The coeti said loudly, the sound of their silver-tongue enchantment making their command perfectly understandable. Looks like whoever this person was had pissed someone off! They both moved away quickly, the coeti between them grabbing Cass on their way past. "It's not safe, get running!" They told her swiftly. An explanation would have to wait, and civilians really shouldn't be here anyway. Cass maybe put herself in trouble.

Mizumi too, may be in trouble, but not from the authorities. "Run, kid!" The watu commanded, their voice deep and booming like a heavy drum.

"So the dogs have followed me even through the portal..." She said when the Coeti made her aware of the incoming enemy ship. Turing to fece the sky herself she looked at the strike fighter approach and raised her arm once more aiming at it. Her arm suddenly heating up once more to the point the air itself ignited with a loud pop. "You have done enough harm to Titania as it is now die you bastard!" She yelled out as the searing pain of the heat set in. still the fire spirit kept her safe from any permanent damage.

As she stood there with arm aimed at the incoming vessel it fired a pair of missiles at Mizumi. one veering off to try and hit any witnesses while the other one headed right for Mizumi.

With a pink arcane circle appearing in front of her palm she looked at the pair of missiles incoming. "Oh no you don't." She said with a distant voice as she charged up and quite literally ripped the necessary mana out of her surrounding. Suddenly like lightning she jabbed the circle repeatedly sending much smaller beams than before at the enemy and destroying the missile headed for the rescuers. The beams hitting the opponents ship repeatedly and damaging it beyond functionality. The last missile headed for her got quite literally grabbed by its nose and stopped dead in its tracks as she waited for the thruster to run out of steam.

The pilot of this vessel did its best to avoid the beams and seemed to be doing very well until it got nicked by a beam near the engines and from there it all went downhill. With no way left to fight the pilot was forced to crash land only 20 meters away from where Mizumi was...Even failing at crushing Mizumi with the falling ship the pilot had.
a2acwWU.png

Enemy strike fighter.

Cass wrestled away from the rescuer and says firmly, "I'm going to help. The Athena spoke to me." She runs toward a vacant ship and hops inside. An automaton is sitting in the piolet's seat. It asks Cass, "Where to miss?" She replies, "The bridge, I plan on helping the passengers on board the burning ship." The automaton says, "That's a dangerous destination ma'am but I admire your bravery. Please take a seat." Cass'opeia obeys the automaton and takes a seat on the bed behind the piolet's seat. She thinks to herself as the ship takes off, Don't worry passengers of the burning ship, I'm coming.

"Stupid child, STOP!!" The Watu lost their temper, stopping the transport dead in it's tracks almost as soon as it cleared the ground. "Automaton, turn the ship around and get that kid to somewhere safe, NOW." They ordered angrily. With a military vessel nearby even though it seemed the girl in the ship was a Hyadn and thus able to take it down - the situation still needed assessment before anyone other than rescuers or maybe Hyadn could be allowed nearby. Even while this happened, others of the rescue team were ordering civilians away from the area and erecting barriers to physically prevent entry.

Meanwhile the coeti looked on in awe as the Hyadn crippled the ship and caught it's ordnance. They had seen a Hyadn in action only once before, and this was incredible..

The cockpit of the crashed fighter got kicked out as a human seeming figure stepped out of it and looked at the missile in Mizumis hands before smirking. "Good bye." The figure said to Mizumi loud enough for the rescuers to hear it before the figure stomped on a button in its cockpit, activating something.

that something made itself apparent as the missile simply exploded in her arms, Making her scream as it sent the girl flying then tumbling across the runway. Titanias tablet falling out of her arms as it slid across the old concrete to the Coetis feet where it lay motionless only glowing with a faint pink energy.

Suddenly, Cass is thrown from the bed as the automaton turns around. She stands abruptly, "What are you doing? I thought I told you to go towards the bridge." The automaton says robotically, "I have received new orders from a safety official. The fire is no longer your concern." Cass spots a pipe on the ground and stomps toward the automaton. She says angrily, "You don't tell me what to do, stupid robot!" With that, Cass'opeia smacks the automaton with the pipe.

The Coeti had since collapsed from the mana drain used by Mizumi to power her attack, and was quietly resting as others came to help them.

The Watu focused hard, causing the taxi to begin moving away from the destroyed main part of the ship. "Automaton, get that young one away from this scene." They commanded loudly, releasing their grip on said taxi so the automaton pilot could obey it's command. "In fact, take her to the starport rescue center." They added. After that, the Watu looked back at Mizmui and now at the person who just emerged and sent Mizumi flying by detonating a weapon on her. "Police are on their way." The Watu told the figure calmly.

The pilot looked in the Watus direction before giving him the middle finger. Then looking back in Mizumis direction he watched the girl stand up on her feet once more while raising a sheathed sword.

Mizumis ears were ringing from the explosion as her vision was still blurry she saw the pilot draw his weapon. and before she knew it he had jumped at her. his jump so powerful it crushed the fighter he was standing upon, apparently he was using some sort of reinforcement spells in combination with strengthening spells. Now having enough time to dodge all she could do was raise her arms above her head and brace for the impact from the weapon.

As the weapon connected with her arms The fix girl let out another yelp as a noticeable shockwave chattered the concrete beneath her and drove her ankle deep into it. Before the pilot could strike again Mizumi blasted off repeated blue fireballs at the pilot who simply knocked them out of the way or dodged them before smashing the girl once again, driving her even deeper into the ground as another shockwave further destroyed the concrete ground beneath them.

In her weakened state and practically out of Mana Mizumi tried once more ripping some from the people around her as she charged up another beam attack only for it to be interrupted and explode in her face as the pilot didn't give her the time to cast any spells and smashed her with his sword again, essentially pile driving her into the ground deep enough that just the head was sticking out while her flames soon dissipated as she lost consciousness.

"And now you will join your precious ship in heaven..." He said as he prepared to deal the killing blow with everything he has.

The automaton seems not to have taken any damage and begins rerouting the plane. Cass suddenly becomes incredibly agitated. "Automaton, Who is giving you these orders?" The automaton replies, "A rescue Watu." She steps closer toward the automaton and says "Link me to the Watu." The automaton reluctantly obeys, and Cass yells into the radio. "Listen here, Bro! I am going towards the bridge, and I am helping out the victims. So, you WILL stop directing this automaton. I'm in charge now!" Cass shuts the radio off and instructs the automaton, "Turn this ship around, you are to take me straight to the bridge." The automaton says, "But, I have received orders to take you to the starport rescue center." She stands up, her voice loud and authoritative. "You are no longer talking to that rescue Watu. You take orders from me now, and ONLY me. Is that clear?" The automaton replies, "Yes, ma'am." Cass smiles as she hopes no other interruptions will occur.

“For heavens sake..” The watu grumbled. Whatever, the others would stop her anyway when she reached the bridge. After all it was only a small vessel and probably had nobody inside except more automatons so it’s not like a Sli’f could get themselves hurt. However, that small human girl looked like she might die. “Brutal..” they murmured to themselves, watching uselessly. The only thing they could do was- “HUAH!” Out of nowhere came...what looked like a glass cannonball. Certainly moving as quickly as one.

In fact, barreling directly at the figure currently about to land the killing blow. If they didn’t notice the roughly human sized object it’d slam into them with enough force to knock a car over, but it was transparent and aside from the loud sound it made like a young human woman exerting herself it would likely be difficult to react in time. As it approached in its bullet speed trajectory it seemed to change shape, cooling itself like a spring.

Cass watches the scenery as the automaton driver takes her to her requested destination. She smiles knowing that soon she might be a hero. Soon, she might stop this danger that the Athena had warned her about...

Last edited:
The pilot being an Automaton had sensors dotted all over him as they picked up the incoming object. Recognizing it as a living being all it could do was Brace for the impact that sent the Automaton crashing into the side of the crashed ship where it would remain embedded into the metal. Its sword falling out of its hand it said one last thing. "Mission failure transferring..." Moments after it said those words the automaton exploded, self destructing in a spectacular ball of fire.

As the automaton rocketed into the side of the wreckage the shape stopped, in fact transferring all their momentum into the machine. As they dropped to the ground, a small squeak could be heard as the obvious form of a sli'f became apparent. "Damn, that one was lighter than I thought." They coalesced into a shape like a large weasel, the head of which turned towards Mizumi. "Yo, midget. You got fucked up, huh?" They asked. The head tilted slightly as the finishing touches to the form were completed, now looking like it had fur an everything. The sli'f was now like a strange pink gelatinous ferret.

It looked at the heavily damaged automaton for a moment, before back to Mizumi again. "Huh. How's your head still in tact?" They demanded calmly, their 'fur' bristling slightly.

Mizumi didnt show much of any reactions to her words. Oly her head slumping down forwards as her face met the concrete.

Meanwhile the tablet near the watus feet suddenly lit up as a transparent image of an elfin looking person appeared. While not really being able to interact with the world she was only left with the ability to listen and speak. "Is Master Mizumi alright?" she suddenly asked. "I tried protecting her but i failed..."

"Holy shit-!!!" The watu flung itself away from the hologram as said hologram suddenly appeared. When the fear subsided the telekinesis they had on themselves deactivated and they clunked to the ground like the boulder they were.

The sli'f paused for a moment, then released an odd-sounding laughter like a weird squeaking. "Oi, spectre, this kid's ya master?" They asked, their accent and manner of speech both crude and casual. Mizumi was nudged and prodded by a soft fleshy limb, before it was held close to her nose for a few moments. "Feels like she's alive at least." Moving away, the Sli'f fully turned to the Watu, who was recovering. "Hey, crag! Do ya job!"

"Don't tell me what to do, you little shit!" The Watu did that anyway, at once moving the ground away from Mizumi and lifting her out of it too.

The elfin figure looked a d tilted her head when the watu suddenly jumped like a startled cat. Looking back at the slif that asked her a question Titania would nod. "Yes you could say that... She unearthed me in the desert dunes of a world i do not recognise.

Mizumi didnt seem to be injured much physically but it was ckear that the fox girl was flat out of mana as evidenced by the platinum shift unable to return to her armorium. If they tried to removi it they would find out that it had somegow fused with her arm, making removal impossible without removing her arm with it.

Back