Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived The Core Systems: Ostra - Wielden Colony

The space taxi continued along its path, while Cass watched an explosion occur in the distance. However, since it was so far away, it just looked like a flash of light. Almost as if the sun had blinked. This caused the young Sli'f to notice flames. But, since they were so far from the taxi, Cass couldn't be sure of anything.

"Hmm.." The sli'f was upon the elfin figure in a flash, her body clearly quite nimble. "Hmmm...." An exaggeratedly long hum emanated from the creature, before the tablet belonging to the figure was suddenly picked up into the two fleshy hands of the amorphous creature. "Name's Annie, sup." She inspected the tablet that the elfin figure came from. "Your master looks fine, but if she uses much more mana she's gonna go zombie." She explained calmly, moving the tablet every which way.

The watu gently lowered Mizumi onto the ground on her back, for now not interested in platinum shift. He recovered his body and took a solt crystal from one of his limbs, and rested it on Mizumi's chest. It'd revitalize her somewhat, as it was modified to give it's mana to people it was in contact with, slowly.

the moment the tablet got picked up the figure suddenly got flung up into the air. while Annie examined it the projected elfin figure would float about uncontrollably. it was only once the slif was done with examining the completely boring flat and smooth marble like tablet she managed to get a hold of global position tracking to avoid the misalignment again. "i am Titania an roughly 1400 year old Magius engine running on scripted arcane magic." She introduced herself to Annie before

when the Mana crystal touched Mizumi her Platinum shift reacted as it lit up on fire again and nearly instantly drained the entire rock of all of its reserves before returning to the armorium. Meanwhile Mizumi seemed to stir a bit as she began to come back to her senses. "mmmhhh..." She let out a groan but didn't move just yet.

Last edited:
"Titania huh, damn; you're pre-uprising. Do you still have some scripting on the ship or is this all of you?" She asked, now holding the tablet still so that the holograph could keep herself oriented. She was old, moving her about fritzed her positioning a lot more than the modern designs. That was about the limit of what Annie knew about this kind of magitech, she'd have to ask the small human more about it, she could hear out of her periphery that she seemed to be coming to, that's if she wasn't in such a bad way that she'd pass out again. After all she got her ass beat by an automaton that went down on accident, so you could never tell.

"Hm, you're clearly human design, and given your age you'd have to be from Aer, but that's pre-expansion, much less pre-uprising...you must have been from one of the early ships if you've been out of it. Have you been active for the 1200 years, or were you inert?" Depending on the answer, Annie might consider taking her to a magitechnician, or maybe just ask the human more.
---
The Watu rumbled quietly as Mizumi mumbled, moving closer and gently nudging her with a leather digit. "Excuse me, miss? Can you hear me?" He asked softly. As he spoke he called over more rescue forces to get a stretcher for the human to evacuate her.

Suddenly, the automated taxi came to an abrupt halt, stopping right at the scene that Cass has noticed earlier from the village. Grabbing her laser gun, the young sli'f stepped out of the small taxi. She held her gun in a defensive manner, almost as if she was expecting an attack. Spotting another sli'f, Cass stepped forward toward the strange looking object. She had never seen any spacecraft like it. At least, not in their little village. Cass spoke to the nearby sli'f, her voice strong and worried, "Hello, what's happened here?

"Most information about active duty is classified unless master permits such disclosure. All i can tell i was created by a male mage on the planet Aer. after his unfortunate passing i was put into an automaton body similar to what my astral projection is depicting." She explained while a second figure appeared right next to her. An old looking man that appeared to be some sort of a lizardman. "exactly 438 years later i was put into one of the first ships, a Yamato class battle cruiser which was in service for another additional 373 years. I was abandoned on an unknown desert world after all of the ships crew was forcefully evacuated. there i lay dormant until just 5 years ago i was found by Mizumi here" Titania pointed at the human girl who was waking up. That would be all Titania would disclose and would repeat one and the same message if any further questions were asked. [I am afraid i cant do that.]

Getting poked seemed to get a response from Mizumi as she finally rolled over and got up to her knees before whatever she had for lunch evacuated her belly. Now allot more awake she did her best to stand up while holding onto the huge watu for support. Looking around she saw so many people around her with fires still raging behind her on the ship. "I-...i can hear you" She said with a slightly slurred voice while still coughing up bits of her lunch.

The rescue team within the ship would be able to recover one semi functional automaton that matched the same image that Titania was depicting herself as. the rest of the ship and remaining automatons that were once part of its crew were in pieces and unrecognizable from any of the surviving books and manuals.

Annie bristled when she heard another speak and noticed another Sli'f, turning fully to speak to them. "Ship crashed. You aren't emergency services, what are you doing here?" She demanded coldly, her outer layer waving about like fur on an agitated cat's tail. She was rightfully suspicious - this one appeared suddenly withtout warning and clearly was not on the ship - which meant she could be a rival or a thief. Then the elfen construct spoke and explained the origin of the ship, which made her hum quietly to herself, kneading the beads inside her body nervously. "Hmm.." She couldn't just take the tablet or else that human girl would come after her. She couldn't grab the human girl too, on account of the Watu. For now she'd have to remain.

The watu meanwhile was still helping Mizumi. "Can you describe your pain right now?" He asked calmly, cradling the prone Mizumi within his constructed limbs while in the distance some other rescuers were coming on an open top ambulance to get help for the injured girl.

The rescue team investigating the ship deliberated on the automatons inside. None of them were people, so they had no further business here and would call the scuttling crew to get the ship cleaned up and recycled. They noticed the out of place automaton which looked a little more human than the others, but would leave that to the salvage team to deal with it.

Cass could tell that the other Sli'f was upset. She replied, "No I'm not, name's Cass. I saw the crash from the village." Cass gently put a hand on the ship. The ship was warm and it nearly burned through her hand. She took her hand off quickly, but as she did, she could sense something. There was something in the ship, something that was metal yet it had a human aura...

The second figure eventually faded as only the elf remained. Suddenly looking at the ship right as Cass touched it. She felt the human like automaton too. It was her avatar body responding to the touch. The spot Cas touched was one of the old airlock control panels. Since that command had to gk thrkugh the avatar body in charge of the ship Cass ended up turning the thing on. With nothing to move the automaton though it would remain motionless there.

"My arm hurts." she replied and moved the limb in question. It was the very same arm that platinum shift was on. She was still feeling ghist pain from the beam spell that always forced the fire spirit inside go into overdrive.

Annie was still focused on the tablet and the holograph that it was projecting. "Wait, ain't you older than Sli'f then? Why ain't you acting like this is weird?" She asked, poking and pressing at the tablet all over it in her attempt to get answers.

The watu rumbled quietly, thinking about what to do next. Some others arrived with a stretcher, and together Mizumi was lifted onto it. "What is your name?" He asked softly, performing basic tests on her eyes to test her reflexes.

The tablet really was like a simple smooth slab of rock in appearance with no buttons or anything to press. without any interface it was even more puzzling how the mage who created Titania was able to program her. "im afraid i cant do that miss." The projection repeated once more.

Mizumi pushed the flashlight ouf of her face. "Ow... that stings.." She muttered annoyedly before looking around to find Titanias tablet and spotted Annie holding it. "Hey ferret give it back!" She called out to the slif that was holding Titania in her hands.

"Aww come on, yeah ya can; just tell me." Annie started moving the tablet around again with the intent of making the hologram of Titania around in an effort to annoy her, as Annie was kinda getting annoyed too. She stopped shaking it when Mizumi called out to her, clutching the tablet close and focusing her attention on the now conscious human. For a moment she considered throwing it at her as hard as she could, but after a moment longer of thought she decided instead to relax and approach her with the tablet outstretched in front of her. "Fine, they'll probably confiscate it off you though." She dropped it on Mizumi's belly and turned to leave when she was stopped by a few bits of levitated matter, courtesy of the gigantic watu. She froze, feeling the massive stone glare against her. "Ahhh..." She turned again with the watu looking what could only be stern, and though she could not frown - she certainly looked like she was.

Mizumi took Titania back and hugged it close to her chest. "If they got a deathwish they can try....il tear this rock apart if i have to get her back." Mizumi said to Annie with a serious expression to just get her point across.

Meanwhile Titania just simply gave up on stabilizing her projection and waited out until she was returned to Mizumi. once in safe hands once again Titania returned to normal as she looked at the watu this time. "If you don't mind me asking a favor of you... in the ship charging room on deck 3 near the back there is a still functioning compatible automaton. could you have somebody retrieve it and deliver it to where ever my master is going to be taken?" the elfin hologram asked the rocky alien politely while ignoring what ever Annie and Mizumi were saying.

Annie laughed nervously. "Hey now, don't go pulling it apart, lest you piss off some people you really don't wanna piss off." She warned - though given that absurd display of strength when the ship crashed she wasn't entirely sure that there was someone who could match her. Surely, not in the region at least.

The watu turned their gaze to the hologram Titania, and thought on the request. "Once investigations are complete on the nature of the vessel it will be considered." He said formally. After another moment he rumbled quietly. "I'll tell the others to put the one you mentioned to the side for you though." He said, a little softer and more casually this time.

"Ive already pissed somebody off...whats a couple more?" She said with her own little laugh now that she had Titania back she relaxed while pointing at the crushed pilot automaton. the thing still kept frizzling around...apparently its selfdestruct system failed.

Titania nodded. "Thank you. This specific one looks exactly the same as my astral projection. it was and still is my original body before i was transferred into the ship." Titania explained the importance of this specific automaton. "The ships nature is simple. it was built for combat but over the years of service it was slowly retooled into a long range scouting ship instead. the vessel is roughly 960 years old. you will find captains logs in the auxiliary bridge and other technical info int he engineering decks." Titania gave some information she was allowed to disclose to speed up their investigation.

"Well you're not wrong there." Annie let out a small chirp before slipping over to the busted automaton pilot that she cannonballed into, covering the distance like a shadow, until she was right on top of it. Immediately she began to probe at it, trying to get a way for it to work in any way possible. "Come on, surely you aren't that frail.." She murmured to herself, picking at parts of it's fizzling corpse.

The watu rumbled quietly, then made a motion like a nod. "Alright I'll tell the others. I don't think I can fit on board that ship though - is there anything else you need me to know?" It asked Titania politely. "Is it possible that more of your assailant's...friends, will come through another Breach?" They queried calmly - clearly making no intention to push her.

Soon after Annie left Mizumi returned to cradling Titania while the hologram spoke to the watu. "it is highly unlikely. Master destroyed their rift generator before we escaped. by the time the damage has been repaired out jump traces will be gone or too faint to get a lock on." Titania explained to the rocky alien before the astral projection simply disappeared as Titania had explained all that she was allowed to.

"Oi, robot, you hear me?" She asked, moving it's head around and trying to fiddle with exposed parts that looked important. "Come on, I couldn't hav busted ya that easy!" She was getting a little more rough with it now, starting to lose her patience already. "Come ooonnn." She physically picked it up to get a better go at it.

The watu would have sighed in relief if lungs were a thing, but instead it rumbled and nodded again. "Thank god.." Mizumi and Titania were taken away on the stretcher to get medical attention and the watu thanked them for their help.

The pilot was totally bricked and would need a proper engineer to take a look at him to get any usable info out of that automaton. annies fiddling wouldnt do much good either as an stray ark of electricity zapped the Slif.

Mizumi relaxed on the stretcher as she held Titania. The magius engine was her only true friend at this point in time and loosing that would be disastrous. "Dont worry rocky...if they ever do find a way to here il just vaporize em with my magna beam."

Annie squealed loudly when she was zapped, growling in anger before smashing it over the head with a rock. "Prick!" She quickly moved away, grumbling and sulking to herself. "Stupid, son of a, goddamn.."

"Even as a Hyadn I can't actually endorse you fighting a foreign force off on your own. Don't worry though, you're in Ostra. If anyone comes, the military will have it handled." The watu told Mizumi calmly.

Back