Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived The Core Systems: Ostra - Wielden Colony

"So this is ostra..." Mizumi muttered and now that she remembered when she was making a rift... she did feel a familiar source of energy come from that direction... even through a blind jump Ostra is like a guiding beacon in the inky darkness of space. "Thanks for letting me know jsut where i am... i made a blind jump in this direction really....glad it wasn't some star that pulled me in. However..." She looked at the Watu. "I will not stand my idly if they come."

"Well you were pretty lucky then. I don't think it'd be very good for you to try to fight any time soon, you've burned a lot of mana and you're gonna need time to recuperate all of that even with how quickly you seem to absorb mana." Mizumi was advised, as she was carried away from the scene and off the runway altogether. Obviously this was pretty disruptive to commute which irritated many people, and as Mizumi was taken away the ship was already being deconstructed and taken apart, revealing parts of the ship like a cross section.

Mizumi nodded and tried to relax once again as she was taken away from the crash site.

The big ship truly was like a labyringlh inside. A ship designed over a ship. Its oroginal hull shape visible under all that armor. Old corridors blocked off by newer looking panels while holes were cut in other places as the interior was reworked severeal times over. At the very center of the ship was its massive double decker bus sized rift generator.

The speparated part from the main vessel was its command bridge... That thing turmed out to be a smaller ship of its own and was in near perfect order. It looked like it could easily fly once again after some minor repairs.

As part of the diagnosis of the ship, while the larger part that had clearly been refurbished multiple times was considered too damaged to be kept as a whole and thus was still being disassembled, the smaller bridge part was being hauled away - lifted by several rather huge golems that towered over even Chorda by a fair margin. The rift generator once eventually exposed was also taken. Of course the whole ship was also evaluated for cost - and depending on the circumstances Mizumi may even get some money out of this disaster.

While Mizumi was taken away, the Sli'f that saved her life suddenly popped into view above her, balancing precariously on the stretcher. "Oi, what was that gauntlet you had a little before?" She demanded, while the automatons carrying them both now continued on as if nothing changed.

The scuttling team would also later find that automaton that Titania wanted preserved in a heavily armored yet still half crushed charging room near the rear of the ship. the mainsail engine seems to gave been somehow rammed into the room and crushed half of it...whatever was deeper inside was a pile of scrap now. the automaton in question was quite lucky to have been near the entrance of the room.

Mizumi practically jumped out her skin when she saw a slif suddenly appear above. The fox girl was ready to beat that thing away...that is until she recognized the slif from before as Annie. "The gauntlet?" She asked, thinking for a moment. "Oh you mean platinum shift...you don't want it trust me."

Once the automaton representing Titania was found - the watu had made a pictograph with their Opaline to give reference to the salvage team - a confimation was issued that it was found. One human tried to pick it up but found it to not budge. "Huh, it's like it's rooted in place." She got some help and together they managed to make it barely shift. "No, it's just really heavy. Who's got a feather charm?" The first human asked. "Yeh." Came a reply from one of the others. A small charm made from kukinoki bark with a feather engraved on it. Said charm was placed onto the chest of the statue. "There we go." The group poured some mana into the charm, and then lifted the whole thing up like it weighed barely a tenth of it's original - though still more than a human of the same size. With that, the group carried the automaton outside and to a transport to take it to where Titania could reunite with the body.

Annie chirped, moving about on the stretcher above Mizumi. "You're not very hurt. You're tough!" She complimented happily, using her muscles to replicate a cutely smiling human face. That disappeared. "But oh you see, I very much do want it. That's one of the strongest artifacts I've ever seen, and I've seen some real business."

Mizumi chuckled at that while watching the slif change forms to portray emotions. "Who ever designed this thing....made it with a Hyadn having it in mind....you don't have have the mana to activate it...much less being able to use it." The human girl explained what she knew about platinum shift... even she wasn't aware that it wasn't just a regular tool that she could just use to get power...it had elemental spirits inside of it and those spirits gad no inclination on letting her live and as such were being as wasteful with mana as they possibly could.

Annie visibly wilted at the reveal that Mizumi's weapon was powerful on account of being a Hyadn weapon, her body quivering with disappointment knowing unless she became a Hyadn she'd never be able to utilize such a powerful device. Oh well, she could still make indirect use of the gauntlet if she could get on good standing with Mizumi. She hummed quietly. "How'd you end up getting chased by an automaton anyway? Did you take something that belonged to his master?" She asked, rather bluntly, scanning Mizumi's face to gauge her reaction and more easily decide if she was a liar.

"His master tried to take Titania away from me so i blew up his castle after a simple no didn't suit him and he tried to take her by force." Mizumi replied while hugging onto the tablet tighter, showing that there is no way in hell shed let Titania go. "His master thinks that Titania is his and i stole it from him... i dug her out of a desert dune that had become her tomb."

“Hm, what was this masters name?” Annie asked curiously, given that it was a desert she was in that kind of narrowed it down at least - but there were thousands of deserts known so not really...

“Where’d you get the gauntlet from? Same place?” The Sli’f gently prodded the wounded looking arm, tickly little cilia feeling the injured skin carefully.

"Dont know his name really... he never said it. but its a desert world not just a small patch of lang that's a desert." Mizumi explained to the slif who was really asking far too many questions. Looking ah her burn arm as Annie prodded at it, making her pull it away from her. "This thing?...i really dont know. it just simply came up and appeared out of nowhere one day."

"Well there aren't too many sandballs about. Cheers, luv." With that, Annie slinked away off the stretcher and vanished. She had other business to conduct, after all. And thus Mizumi was left alone, carried off into the back of an ambulance. "Alright, you're being taken to a hospital. We'll run some checks on you and you'll be free to go, okay?" The paramedic told her reassuringly.

Mizumi nodded and relaxed however she was wary around the paramedic. she still dodnt really know if she was in safe hands or in a place thats actually safe from that bastard...but for now all that matters is that he never got Titania.

Mizumi was swiftly brought around to a hospital and brought into a nice comfy hospital bed, and shortly after a few nurses came to scan her for injuries and illnesses. All that came up was a few bruises and abrasions, along with a sprain in the arm that had the gauntlet, and some head trauma from being smashed into the ground. All of these were swiftly dealt with using a few healing spells and before she knew it she was being debriefed and discharged.

And waiting with a big white sign saying "Mizumi" in big writing was..

after a few checkups and a fit from Mizumi for the doctors touching her arm that still felt like it was on fire after using the magna beam spell she finally got out of the hospital. Saying thanks to the doctors that got her back up and running she left the building and was immediately met by a giant sign with her name on it. going to the person tho had the sign she set out an internal sigh. "Yes?" She asked.

None other than the annoying Sli'f from before, right next to the limp form of Titania's physical automaton body resting on a completely busted trolley - though given that a Magius Engine had control of it, couldn't really be considered an automaton. "I come bearing gifts, my merry midget Mizumi~!" The Sli'f called, doing her own impression of a smug grin. On the chest of Titania's body was the feather charm used to make her light. It wore off shortly after arriving at the destination and the trolley she was resting on broke from the added weight on it. Oh well, at least it was at it's destination.

The human fox girl stopped in front of the Slif Annie. "You know you ain't much bigger than me either." She said to her while looking at the gifts. it was Titania's body, which made her happy. "thank you for bringing that here." Mizumi said once more while she began drawing an arcane circle int he air just above Titania. green lines of energy lingered in the air as they formed the circle before solidifying into a recognizable spell...

the spell once more lightening the automaton let Mizumi simply flip it around and found the thing instead of being lightened it simply floated as if gravity didn't exist for it. "that wasn't supposed to happen..." She muttered and looked at her arcane circle...of course she had the glyphs drawn backwards again. "Oh well this works too." She spoke while pushing out the automatons ancient tattered clothing and pulling open a panel at her back. sliding int he tablet and putting the panel back on. Just 20 seconds later Titania would begin moving around as she struggled to comprehend just what was happening. she was ground but was floating as if she was in space.

“Yeah I do it out of choice, you’re just short.” Annie snapped back. “Cost me like a whole damn Oro to get this for you and even then they only gave it to me cuz I told them I saved you.” The added, implying that now Mizumi HEAVILY owed her, by bringing up two favours she’d done.

She watched the spell to make Titania light enough to move about, feeling immediately jealous of the power that a Hyadn has at their disposal, and watched Titania get into her body as well. The automaton must be amazingly strong to keep itself moving about so easily, and as ancient as she seemed to be she was somehow so functional still.. It’s design reminded her of chorda magitech in its humble simplicity but ALSO humans with its practicality.

Last edited:
Mizumi straightened out Titania and lowered her down to the ground before reachinf oner to the still active arcane circle. Hovering her hand over it for a moment she suddenly crushed it, thus stopping the spell dead in its tracks.

“An entire Oro? How did you end up spending so much?" she asked with a bit of a worried and half suspicious look towards Annie. Just what was that slif planning?

Meanwhile Titania landed heavily on her feet and stretched out. "So nice to be able to move again..." said the elfin looking automaton.

"Well they didn't want to give it to me, had to pay the pricks off." Annie explained casually, stretching herself every which way to help flexibility, watching Titania clunk to the ground calmly. "What the hell is that body made of? I've boosted bronze statues that weighed less than you."

"I'll bet you're hungry. Wanna grab a bite?" She asked Mizumi casually. "Or would you rather do something else?" Either way it was clear that Mizumi wasn't going to shake this Sli'f any time soon. There were only a few reasons why someone like Annie would be after someone like Mizumi.

Back