Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived The Core Systems: Ostra - Wielden Colony

Hinata frowned too, in turn. "You know, Hyadn don't just fight all the time. You guys have any job opportunity you want." He told her. The higher echelons of any career were dominated almost solely by Hyadn; doctors, engineers, you name it. Their advantage was just so vast over "normal" people that it was impossible for them not to dominate the field. Though the knowledge that only he could repair the two suits made him perk up again. "Really, you think so?" He was sure that couldn't be right - but then again, he did fix her ship, and he wasn't sure many others at least in Ostra could manage that..

"Well you did put back together an 960 year old vessel after a crash...and then theres the suit i didnt even know we had. What Titania says. nobody had made these for centuries yet you got it working on the spot." Mizumi reassured Hinata...though while he was right about hyadn dominating the fields shes had nothing but bad experiences from this. So her views on being one were vastly different form others.

"The ship repairs I did were mostly just applying modern technology to it - like strapping a solt crystal to a sword or something; and Titania mostly fixed the suit.." Hinata shortsold himself, looking down in embarrassment for being limelighted and twiddling with his thumbs.

Annie bapped Hinata on the head, a grumpy face lighting up on her suit. "Don't do that to yourself Hinata! If anyone could do what you did then I'd have done it and not wasted a favor." She was right, Annie does not waste favors for small tasks. She was too stingy for that.

Titania was the one who shook her head this time. "No you did fix it. all i did is rewrite he magius engine the rest is you." The automaton told sincerely before Patting him on the shoulder with a smile. "And honestly youre the only person whod i trust letting near me if i needed repairs myself."

Mizumi just nodded at Titanias words and returned to leaning against the wall while sitting in her ever growing blanket of sand.

Hinata smiled softly at the two pilots of their person-sized mechanical suits - neither of which were human. It was an amusing thought but Hinata was mostly focused on their encouraging words. "Thanks, girls." He murmured humbly. His words could barely be heard over everyone else talking in the room - the noise level occasionally dropping when some enchantment came that warned everyone to quiet down.

Annie suddenly looked over to Mizumi. "Mizumi what the fuck?" She demanded loudly, seeing the mess Mizumi was making on the nice soft carpet.

"Hey dont blame me!" Mizumi called out back at Annie before promtly shutting up as some enchantment decided to yell at her instead. "Blame the gauntlet..." She then continued a little while later in a quieter tone.

"Clean it up when you leave then, you made a huge trail of sand everywhere." Annie grumbled. She was being uncharacteristically stern and once she realized she was she had to check herself. "The. Yah, just be less messy." She added, awkwardly.

Hinata giggled at Annie's quirkiness and winked cutely at Mizumi, putting his goggles on to scope out their potential work partners. Something was odd, that he realized...one Chorda had a very distinct signature that meshed with that tall blonde lady who brought them inside. His goggles couldn't put it numerically but the two had some inexplicable similarity.

"Il try but cant give any promisses... Dont really have anywhere i can put the sand in." Mizumi replied and returnednto looking at each individual one by one. She was wondering just when will this stsrt.

"Mizumi you're embarrassing yourself and me too by being near you, get your shit together. Get allllll of that shit, get it together." Annie punctuated her points by moving her "hand" around. She was bent over the tiny Hyadn, frowning heavily on her suit. "Just think of a spell from Tit that can get rid of the sand or something."

Mizumi sighed and waved her hand before suddenly.clenching it into a fist. All of the sand except what she was sitting upon was pulled into a floating ball in fron of her, then crunched down into a small yet very dense ball of rock. Putting it into Annies hand Mizumi said. "there all the sand i could get." the small ball would weigh nearly 70 kilos.

Last edited:
“yes, thank you” Jiang said taking the book from Tachi. Then she simply jumped off the ladder, using her wings to get safely to the ground. With the book in her hands she looked at the girl. Jiang didn’t really understand why the girl looked so frighten. It wasn’t that she was in real danger or anything. “I have wings it’s ok.” she said to the girl while folding her wings back.
Domain breathed a sigh of relief. "That good to know! And sorry. I just have a bad experience with that ladder. I've fallen off a few too many times for comfort..." She explained, eye the ladder as Tachi hopped down as well. He dusted off his paws and rubbed the back of them against Domain's cheek. A habit he had formed as a way of comforting her.
Domain cleared her throat, "Anyway..." She blushed. "Mind if I ask how long you plan on being in town?"​

Domain breathed a sigh of relief. "That good to know! And sorry. I just have a bad experience with that ladder. I've fallen off a few too many times for comfort..." She explained, eye the ladder as Tachi hopped down as well. He dusted off his paws and rubbed the back of them against Domain's cheek. A habit he had formed as a way of comforting her.
Domain cleared her throat, "Anyway..." She blushed. "Mind if I ask how long you plan on being in town?"​

Jiang smiled at the girl. ‘I don’t know, I don’t really planned anything. I will leave when, I get bored here. Could be tomorrow, could be over a month. Depends on how big this place is and how much there is to do.” she answered. She indeed never really planned and why should she. She didn’t have an agreement with anybody to be somewhere. So why limiting herself by saying how long she stays somewhere.

"Attention, please~" As Annie took the small rock and squeaked as it hit the floor, up on a white floating platform stood a small, androgynous human with pale skin and fashionable clothing, smiling coolly as he regarded everybody below him. Annie struggled with the ball, beginning to gnaw on it to get the trace minerals she could digest inside - a rock like this was a perfect meal for a Sli'f like her - meanwhile the individual began to speak. "I am Kyo Kimura, it's a pleasure to meet you all~" Kyo grinned wider as he opened his arms up, and his familiar blew a huge cloud of smoke into the air; upon which was projected an image of his face to make it easier to understand him, while his voice was magnified to be effortlessly heard by all. "You all know why you're here. Before we continue, however, we must conduct tryouts, to ensure those of you coming along will be up to scratch for the expedition itself, or will be instead on guard duty, ensuring nobody interferes. With that said, as everybody has a numbered tag, I'd like you all to hold that tightly. You'll be translocated into pairs in designated squares on the floor in preparation for combat tryouts. Should you opt out, you'll be instead translocated to the other side of the room, where you'll be interviewed for other talents." Kyo took a deep breath in and out once he was finished talking, then clapped his hands together and the cloud of smoke dispelled. "Okay, five, four, three, two, one.." And with a flash, everybody was taken to their positions.

Hinata was among those who opted out, and was brought to the opposite side of the room to the cage seen previously. He frowned a little - hoping that Mizumi and Titania would forgive him for opting out of the dangerous bits. He wasn't cut out for that sort of work, really..

Annie, however, was teleported to a square right next to Mizumi and Titania, who both - as they were master and familiar - were transported to a square alongside the Chorda who they may have previously seen from across the room. She was quite large, even for Chorda standards, and had many-jointed magitek limbs in place of front arms. "Hello, looks like we'll be up first. Are you nervous?" The Chorda asked, her voice sounding much like a young female human's - late teens, likely.

Upon the call of attention from somebody she couldn't quite see, so she stood up. Her five sandy tails swishing about and putting even more sand onto the floor around her. Tryouts for combat seemed like a perfect chance to show that the loss against that stupid automaton was just a fluke but she was glad nobody but Annie seemed to know about it. Looking at Titania Mizumis careless attitude suddenly turned serious as she nodded at the automaton. Titania's response was immediate and gave a nod in return. it seemed like the two already had a game plan in mind.

When the Voice began to count down Mizumi raised her left hand as a rocky brown gauntlet materialized itself. As he hit one the world around Mizumi seemed to collapse and then reassemble itself again yet she found herself in a completely different part of the room. Lowering her arm Mizumi looked to her left and spotted Annie who seemed to put on her game face. Looking to her right she spotted a giant ball of fluff...no that wasn't right raising her line of sight a bit she recognized a Chorda. Bloody hell was this one huuuuge! "Pfft nervous? Nope im gonna set the performance bar up so high nobody will be even close to reaching it." She said confidently with Titania nodding in agreement. "It is highly recommended to raise an reinforced managlass barrier around our area."

"Now, since I need to see your full capabilities, but I don't want anyone hurt for the sake of medical expenses, we're going to do this by way of Trance. Anyone unfamiliar raise your hands? Okay good, we'll be using five pairs at a time, so this should take around thirty minutes in total to get finished." He clapped his hands together again, and both Mizumi and the chorda she was with were given slightly modified Opalines. "Don't worry about your familiar, uhh, Mizumi? She'll be in there too thanks to your familiarization." Kyo explained - Mizumi was the only one in the first set with a familiar, so obviously she was the only one relevant. "Same goes for anyone else, of course your familiar will follow you into the Trance." He explained to the crowd in general.

Both Mizumi and Titania would see a big "INITIATE" button on the middle of the Opaline - pressing it would immediately transfer both of them into a dreamscape in the appearance of a jungle, with big crumbling stone buildings all around them. Though it was dark there were also strange parts that made it clearly a dream, such as lava flows running straight through the jungle between them, which somehow didn't set fire to the trees around it. Stage hazards would test their ability to fight under unusual conditions. So Mizumi and Titania would be standing together with the chorda in the distance about twenty meters away, with Mizumi in a form she likely hadn't been in for some time - her default human state with platinum shift deactivated but on her hand.

"We're beginning in ten seconds, make your preparations if any." Kyo's disembodied voice announced calmly.

Mizumi looked at Titania and chuckled a bit. "Did you really expect tests like that to take indoors?" She asked the automaton before getting in her lap and looking at the modified device in her hands. "here goes nothing!." She says and presses the big red button. The next moment she she knew after pressing the button she was standing again next to Titania and she was out of any element too. it was a strange feeling, seeing her true hair and tail colors again. Yet something just didn't feel right..The gauntlet was there but it felt kinda...empty. being first time in trance she just shrugged it off, thinking its normal.

Raising her hand the gauntlet turned rocky and brown as her hair changed to sand once again. meanwhile Titania had an astral projection of a spell prepared to be thrown under Mizumi. "

Mizumi's opponent made similar preparations, the huge magitechnical limbs on the front began to glow with crackling energy, as the ground began to rumble. The chorda coiled herself, getting in position like a cat ready to pounce.

"Begin." Kyo announced. Right after, the chorda began sprinting on all fours, wings outstretched and providing more forward speed. For her size, she was quite fast! The ground rumbled more as she grew closer. "Hit me with everything you've got!" The chorda squawked as she leaped over the lava flow - already preparing a defensive spell for when Mizumi did give everything she had.

[begin]

That was all that Titania needed to hear as she tossed the spell underneath her master. "Experimental spell #43 repulsion field" Titania announced as the spell fired and launched mizumi high into the sky. another spell got launched at mizumis feet by Titania. it was another one of those repulsion fields that now fired mizumi down at the chorda.

Balling up the 500 kilo body Mizumi was hoping to use her body as a meteor and smash into the chorda with all the wight she has. with each repulsion field Titania fired at Mizumi on her way down she sped up more and more to the point even if she missed the giant woman shed still be a threat by destroying the ground itself.

The chorda stopped when the two were launched high into the air by their repulsion spell. "Uh oh." Stacking on a titan strength spell to her already monstrous strength, she braced for impact. There were no real risks in this Trance, so even if this obliterated her it wouldn't be too much of an issue for her in the long run.

And thus, with her various strengths stacking one atop the other, and focusing all of her power into her arms and back, the enormous chorda stood on hind legs and raised her arms up. "Hwoah!" She caught the full force of Mizumi's meteor impact in her bionic arms, though it caused the ground beneath her to crater from the force. "How the hell are you so heavy?" She demanded, her magitek hands smoking and sizzling from the leftover heat generated by the catch. She let Mizumi go and disengaged across the lava flow.

Titania retreated to a safe distance before Mizumi impacted with the chorda and basically obliterated half of the playing field. Still the giant bird was unscathed but this is where Mizumi raised her hand again and this time it turned red and caught on fire. her sandy tails and hair catching on fire as the heat built up. "Now then lets show them my signature move." Titania in preparation raised a managlass barrier around her.

as the heat around the gauntleted arm rose more and more tot he point the flames first went blue then whit and then purple as th air itself ignited with a pop. temperatures in excess of 10k degrees celsius. Several arcane circles appeared around the arm and going up its length, drawing mana in visually noticeable amounts. "Magna beam!" She called out just a split moment before a purple beam shot out towards the chorda. at first sounding like a foghorn but then the pitch increased as the beam narrowed and intensified. even getting hotter than before it now sounded like a jet engine.

Back in the real world things weren't looking that good at all as Mizumi screamed in agony but wasn't waking up from the trance. her gauntlet sparking and shooting jolts of electricity at her and the ground around her. its colors shifting rapidly and those with a good sight for hidden magic could see cozens of spells breaking down. when mizumi used the magnabeam inside the trance is when shit when south fast, with the spells already weakened her mana flowed into the gauntlet like form a firefighters hose. as more and more mana flowed into the gauntlet the rapid shifting of colors and elements rose up her arm and was slowly not only changing her hair and tails like it did but also changing the rest of her body. with each shift a small piece of her was replaced by one of the elements.

Back