The Country Side East

"Okay, so more or less what I was expecting," Allie nodded. "For me? It's, uh, unless you've got a good grasp of the concept of gravity, this is gonna be hard to explain. To put it simply, I control one of the forces that holds the universe together. It's not terribly precise so I have to use it carefully, but it's quite potent. Magic that doesn't rely on such mundane laws can completely bypass it though, so I excel in facing and defending from physical attacks."

"It sounds like long range magic is going to give us a lot of trouble, so perhaps we can try to deal with mages in a different way. Perhaps we could form temporary truces, or attack them by surprise. What do you think?" It reminded her of her days playing multiplayer RPGs instead of studying. Jokes on them, she found herself in a situation that she could apply all that time she wasted.

Berserker listened to the mages explanantion, losimg interest rapidly when it seemed like it couldn't be explained in a simple manner. While she was intelligent, the angel wasn't a scholar, and didn't know about the finer points of the universe, nor care much for them. However, when the mage spoke of trickery and deception, the angel grinned, exposing teeth which were perhaps a bit too sharp, a bit too jagged.

"Humans don't change, do you" said, head tilted as she looked at the master with amusement. "But yes, attacking from afar may be where we fall down, lest we do something about it. While it may not be the most honourable course of action, deceiving others may be the best way to go about"

The angel ran one hand along the blade of her weapon, and it faded and lost its glimmer, as if being removed from reality, before she was holding nothing, the sword back to wherever it rested.

"Humans are not as strong as, er, your kind, so we have to make do with what we have: cunning, and the willingness to do awful things to come out on top." The statement felt a little grim coming from Alison, but her earnest-yet-docile attitude colored the statement otherwise. "Come, let's go find someone else, to potentially either attack or befriend. Berserker, if you think they can hurt us from afar, don't attack. Otherwise," Green turned back with a playful grin as she began to walk towards the South.

"Go for the throat if they can't."

The angel seemed displeased with the makes explanation of her own species, some foul memory resurfacing in her mind, reminding her of her home plane, and the bloodbath it had turned into. While she was already of the pulsation that humans were devious creatures, a small part of her was disappointed to hear the species she formerly protected admit its flaws.

She took note of the mage's command, and followed them through the greenery.

"And if we end up 'befriending' them?" She asked, layering the penultimate word with sarcasm. "Will the newfound friendship last for long? Or just until they leave themselves unguarded?"

“Ideally, as long as we can keep up the charade. The best case scenario is that we eliminate everyone else alongside our allies, and then finish them off before they are ready to finally fight us.”

Green stretched her arms up, and around in all directions.

“Id like to hope I’m not as awful as I portray humans to be. I’m only considering such a sinister plan due to the stakes involved. Now, where are the other pairs,” Alison narrowed her eyes towards the horizon, hoping to spot another party.

The angel gave the horizon the most cursory of glances, before looking at the mage with a raised eyebrow. How she could hope to see anything with a pair of mortal eyes was beyond Berserker, but it mattered little: that's what the servant was there for. She gestured in a direction with an arm, one wing mimicking the movement, the great feathered limb casting a shadow on the floor.

"There's something over in that direction" she said matter-of-factly. "Not sure what. You don't have any... monsters in this world do you?" she looked at the mage with curiosity, but she supposed it mattered little. One of the servants may be some horrific beast bound by dark magics alone, or perhaps a Lovecraftian abomination conjured from the darkest depths of someone's insanity.

Back