The Country Side West

Ruler held his hands up a bit. "Oi there, missy. No need to get yer panties in a bunch, eh. 'ere I am, tryin' to fix yer situation out of the goodness of me 'eart, and yer sendin' threats of meetin' blades with me." He pressed his lips together. "I doubt that would end well for ye, lady Saber, regardless." His own stormy grey hues met Saber's hard.

"I ain't 'ere to collect you. I'm 'ere to provide a new master, as Miss Allie 'ere has said. Allie, this is Saber. Now for fucks sake, don't be chasin' this 'un off. I ain't providin' you another. I'm pretty sure you know what to do at this point, so I'll leave ya two be." He turned, then at the last moment paused. "Any news on that 8th servant?"

Saber's hand relaxed from her sword, having been assured her fight was not done, and then bent into a deep bow. "My thanks to you Ruler for your help then. Though, I can hardly say I lost the last one by my own fault, sir." She smiled ever so slightly at the spirit, unintimidated by his comment in who would fare better in a fight between them.

At mention of the 8th servant she nodded. " I'm sure by now you know that the name of the master control in the 8th servant is Max Foster who comes from a well-known family it seems. I have the opportunity to speak with archer inside the Library." Her eyes grew distant as she recalled the exact words he had used from her memory.

"In life, he was a half-blood, human mother, but his father was a wraith. Trained with a variety of weapons, and knows magic. No name...and little else besides. What I already knew is he seems to be able to travel unseen another way besides Spiritual Form. I suspect his heritage lets him walk through shadows. He's also visibly armed, last I saw him, with a sword."

With her quote finished, she looked back to ruler with a somewhat apologetic gaze. "I am afraid I know little else so far. Whatever knowledge Valerie may have had is gone as well. All we can do is move forward however."

Turning her attention to the woman behind ruler, the swords woman bowed again. "Mistress, I must ask before we begin that you do not taint my honor and force my sword against the innocent. If this is agreeable, please conduct the ancient rite, so that I may be bound?"

"Yeah yeah sure, I don't really plan on hurting innocent people anyways," Alison offered a nod, and reached out to shake Saber's hand. The mage had little interest in whatever she and Ruler were talking about, but it sounded like there was someone not playing by the rules. Green didn't bother getting worked up about it, assuming somebody else was probably going to catch him first or something.

"I mostly just want you to make sure I don't die, the rest we can make up as we go."

The old man nodded, taking the information. "Very good. It will do me better than what I've 'ad so far. Keep looking for more information and 'elp me capture the bastard before too much longer."

With that he waved over his shoulder and headed out.

A half wraith huh? And a well trained one at that. This did not sit well with Broch. Could it be..?

He hopped on his large motorcycle and brought it roaring back to life, racing back towards the city where there were fights being had at that moment. 6

Lady raised a brow at the casual reply of her supposedly new master and glanced down at the outstretched hand. This was something she took seriously and she wondered the woman would do the same or if she was simply acting non-chalant for nerves. Reaching out with a gloved hand, she grasped Allie’s in a naturally firm handshake before withdrawing. “If that is our agreement then I shall accept your offer.”

That seemed to satisfy ruler and he nodded, mentioning that they would need to capture this wild card servant before too long. “Aye, I will do what I can, Ruler. My thanks again. Good luck.” With that, the spirit was on his bike and gone with a roar down the country lane.

Her blue-green eyes shifted back to Allie and she waited expectantly. “I am prepared to begin the binding. Afterward, I think that a small plan might be in order to go back into town considering Ruler has simply left you in my care. Luckily there should be a garage in the backside of the manor with some appropriate transportation and I do believe a substantial amount of funds left by my previous master. This will be of use.”

Allie's eyes lit up at the mention of free cars and money. "Yeah yeah, let's do all of that, especially the garage part." The brunette's priorities showed their head quite conspicuously. She started shuffling in that direction, trying to more or less drag Lady towards the back of the house. "Let's go, we have like planning and contracts and stuff to do! For a spectacular and foolproof plan, we'll need uh, a budget! Yeah, a budget. With lots of zeroes. Don't want to go into that war unprepared, no-sir."

Lady raised a brow at the woman and stood still, not moving a single inch. The motivations of this one were quite clear and as shallow as they were, she didn't care about them so much as her conditions were obeyed and she met her goal. The woman could have what she wanted beyond that so long as it was innocuous enough. There was one thing Allie was forgetting and it was imperative.

"I will require binding to you before anything else is done. To protect you properly and to stay in this world I will need a mana supply and you need to receive your command seals. This should be our first priority and the rest may follow."

Back