Akashic Arcana The Day Before - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Xena..." She said with a light tone as the girl rushed towards her. When Xena's tears started to form, the Council President couldn't help but flick the girl's forehead to wake her up from the tears. "I am okay Xena. I wanted to show this to you, it is called Cellular Regeneration. As long as I have mana, I can recover from any injuries. Even those that take me to the brink of death. It has some drawbacks, however. I cannot recover from an intense fire or clean damage to my brain."

She snickers gently before she reached to catch a single tear from Xena with her index finger. "Remember this, Xena. You do not have to hold back against me. When we fight together, I will be your shield, and you will be my spear."

If Xena was still sobbing, Viktoriya would gently step closer towards her Secretary, only to draw her in towards a close embrace. Chest to chest and allowing Xena to rest her chin against Vikki's shoulder. The President's embrace was warm, her body temperature was higher than that of a normal human being, which only made this action more worthwhile. "It's okay Xena, I am fine. Really. And you are stronger than I anticipated. Few people at the Academy could injure me this way."

Xena could feel the President's arms cross at her back as she was drawn even closer into the soothing embrace. And even though Xena couldn't see Vikki's face, it was clear that she was smiling in a tranquil expression, no hatred, spite or regret.

Everything that Vikki said made sense to Xena, but the shock and horror of what she could've potentially done still wracked her body with sobs. As the president brought the sobbing girl into an embrace, Xena couldn't help weakly punching her chest. "You reckless idiot! Do you know how worried I was!? I thought I killed you!!" She screamed into the president's chest as she sobbed. She'd never killed anyone before, even during her duels, she tried to avoid sending her opponents to the hospital. Accidents happened and they were unfortunate, but she never wanted to kill anybody.

Eventually she calmed down enough to reciprocate the hug, it was only after a few seconds of that that she realized what she was doing and quickly broke away, her face bright red and not from the tears. "You don't tell a soul about anything that just happened, got it?" She said, her venom returning but with less seriousness. She wiped away the rest of her tears and gave Vikki a serious expression. "Warn me next time you go this far so I can prepare my heart." She couldn't help but laugh after saying that. "And I thought I was the craziest bitch in this school, you just put me to shame there. You're alright, Vikki." Xena said with a smile, her first real one in years.

Viktoriya still felt numb from the chest pounding, but nonetheless, she didn't flinch. However, at the reaction she got from Xena, it made her own heart calm. "Now you know~ And we'll see Xena... I am certain if you don't do your job, I might leak some hints to the school newspaper." She winked slyly, whether she was joking or not was uncertain, however, this was one of many obstacles they had to face together as a Council body. The new batch of first years will enter tomorrow, and she wondered if this row of first years would be impressive or not.

"Mmm... I'll call the car. I have a good feeling about this year's new students, don't you?" Viktoriya lighted up with a smile, she was genuinely looking forward to the new students, and it is their duty as Council members to greet them properly.

She waited for Xena to catch up, and together, they would head out towards the car. Probably a good rest before another wave of responsibilities comes by the start of the new Academy term.

Xena pouted in a way that was unintentionally adorable before sighing in defeat. "As if I didn't need enough motivation." She joked. As Vikki passed her, she mumbled under her breath "I've got a good feeling too." She briefly watched the President walk away before running to catch up with her. It wasn't the start to the term she was expecting, but somehow, Xena's heart felt lighter knowing that she had a sparring partner, and possibly even a friend going into her final year at Arcadia.

FIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back