Chains of Retribution The Den: Fire and Ashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
as written by Tiko

Desmond circled around the car he had used as cover, but he didn't move to chase after the two fleeing the scene. They already had wounded at hand, and one dead body. There was nothing to gain in stringing a chase out through the streets of Lutetia. He paused to snuffle at Michael's body though, checking that he was indeed, very dead.

Distantly he heard the shout of his name though and he lifted his head to scent the air. He couldn't smell much over the smoke of the burning building though.

Jacques too seemed satisfied with the retreat of the Scions and he began to shed his wolf form.

as written by Faithy

Despite hitting Nazia a couple of times, Aimee couldn’t help but growl in irritation. She was now completely out of bullets, which meant she couldn’t finish filling either female Scion full of holes. Shoving her gun into its holster, she held her wrist against her and hissed softly. Despite being out of bullets and down to one hand, she was still prepared to fight, but when the male who had complimented her eyes suddenly dropped to the ground, she couldn’t help but blink. Her body didn’t relax even when the other two took off running and instead of chasing after them, which would’ve been pointless, she leaned against the wall and once again wiped the blood out of her eyes.

“Fuck…” She was starting to feel woozy, all of her adrenaline exiting her lithe frame rapidly. Forcing herself to keep from passing out, she checked the others, glad that none of them had perished. What started out as a night to get booze had turned into a shitfest quickly and deep done she wasn’t even sure if she made a damn difference or made things worse for them. Sighing, she just remained where she was at, her gaze remaining away from her father, shame evident in her eyes.

as written by Knosis

Chloe lowered her gun and holstered it. She heard her name called, albeit faintly. There were only a few people who knew her name, and one of which she didn't want finding her out and about. "Oi," She called down. "You might wanna check the front. Someone's looking for us."

as written by Lialore

Brendan popped the trunk to his riddled car and looked to the dead body with a grimace. They couldn’t leave it for someone else to find. He started to move towards it, get it out of the way himself – but he stopped at Desmond’s start, followed by Chloe’s call.

As probably the one in the best state, he shouldered the shotgun and studied the scene briefly.

“Get the body in the back, start the car” he said, slamming down the keys on the roof of the car.

He then strode off, rounding the building, his senses strongly against being so close to the burning.

Brendan saw the van first; then Eliza. He held up his arms, rounding the corner and stepping out of the shadows. He jolted to a stop and a huge sigh escaped him at the sight of Bastien.

“No one in. Everyone good. Scion’s turned up. I… I tried ter’ stop it but there was no way. Some of us a bit bloodied, need the center.” He stared into the flames, outlined by the doorframe. “Nothin’ we could do…”

as written by Tiko

Bastien eased visibly as Brendan came into view, but he was still on edge.

"Get everyone in the van," Bastien said. "We got chewed up bad tonight. Nieve didn't make it, and Baron's..." he shook his head. "The cops are going to be crawling all over us tomorrow. We need to hurry."

Meanwhile out back Jacques had finished shifting. He stood up and took Aimee's chin in hand to turn her face enough to get a look at the injuries. There was anger in his eyes, but it was hard to say whether it was at the Scions for injuring her, or her for being so reckless and endangering the pack.

"Maybe the scars will serve as a reminder of why you fucking listen when the pack says go to ground," he growled. "What the fuck where you doing here?"

as written by LuLu6214

Eliza pointed her rifle at the person in the shadows, he came out with his hands up then dropped them. Looking to Bastien she saw he had relaxed and so she dropped the barrel of her rifle before slinging it over her shoulder. The smell of smoke filled the air and began to bother her, she began walking toward the van as Bastien ordered.

as written by Faithy

Her body tensed up as Jacques neared her location. Her chest felt like someone had shoved her in a vice and was tightening it up, but she made no attempt to move away. Instead, she let him turn her face to look at her face, which hurt like hell now that she was no longer all pumped up with adrenaline. Snarling lightly at his words, she jerked her chin out of his hands, her eyes narrowing angrily.

“I was coming to get some booze, dad. I figured I’d get some and then head back to my apartment to drink. It’s not like I knew Scions would be torching the damn Den. I’m not some helpless child, you know!” She shook her head, knowing that she wasn’t making a very good case for herself. Leaning back against the wall, she closed her eyes to keep the blood from entering them, her healing abilities probably one of the worst among the pack.

“I had a handle on it.” She snapped, spitting blood out of her mouth.

as written by Tiko

"I don't care how old you fucking are," Jacques growled. "When you're told to stay off the streets, you stay off the fucking streets. Same as anyone else in the pack. You're not a child anymore. Act like it before you get someone killed."

as written by Knosis

Chloe had found her way to the edge and started trying to climb back down the pipes. Going down was so much harder than going up. Mid way down, her grip slipped and she landed flat on her back. She hissed as the wind was knocked out of her and she curled up into a ball for a moment.

as written by Faithy

“For your fucking information, father, I distracted one of them from going back to where Chloe, Desmond and Brendan was at, though granted, wasn’t aware they were there at the moment, but still. I was holding my own and had everything under control! I had planned on holing it up like I was told, but was out of booze and wanted more.” Aimee spat more blood out of her mouth and snarled, moving away from her father, though it was becoming more apparent at least to her, that she was in terrible shape.

Part of her, the part that was still that hot-headed teenager despite almost being twenty wanted to walk away from the pack and move back to her apartment even though it was still dangerous, though she knew she would never reach her place in the shape she was in. The other part was worn down from the verbal lashing she was getting from her dad. She deserved it of course, but that didn’t stop her dual emotions from rampaging throughout her body. She also knew how stupid she had been for disobeying her leader’s orders and that more lashings were probably still to come. She very easily could have gotten not just herself killed, but her father and the others as well, but deep down she knew that they would have been attacked regardless of her appearance. It wasn’t like she called out to them or anything to alert the Scions to their presence.

“They would have attacked the others regardless so stop acting like this shit is all my fault. Damn it.” She called back over her shoulder before moving a few paces further away from him, her good hand forming a fist. She really needed to stop talking before she did permanent damage to her face. Not only that, the ground was beginning to move and the spots in front of her eyes was a good indicator that she was going to pass out.

as written by LuLu6214

Eliza got to the van, opening the door she was deep in thought she stood there for a moment, she could hear the commotion, part of her wanted to run "Dammit to hell...they aren't even your pack...*Growl* Too late...I'm in too deep." she blurted out as she tossed the rifle in the car and slammed the door. Turning on her heel she headed back over to Bastien and leaned against the wall silently, waiting to see if there was anything they needed her to do.

as written by Lialore

Brendan nodded gravely. He wasn’t sure if he could handle more bad news just right now; they needed to move, they needed to think.

He returned to the others out back quickly.

“It’s just Bastien. Change of plan. Everyone in the van out front…” he trailed off as he took in the other’s positions with confusion. From Chloe on the floor to the obvious tension between Aimee and Jacques.

“Uh… we good?”

He snagged his keys, rather slowly, eyeing the others with furrowed brows. Now really wasn't the time for more things to go wrong.

as written by Tiko

Chloe's moment of recovery would be disturbed by a wet nose being shoved into her side as Desmond prodded her. It was time to go. The prod turned to a shove and a low growf before he lifted his head up to get a look around.

There was no further sign of trouble, and with the arrival of Bastien it seemed things were winding down. It likely wasn't wise to linger long though.

Meanwhile, Jacques had many more words for Aimee, but they could wait. He settled for a simple biting remark. "Go get in the van."

As Bastien arrived behind Brendan, he took in the scene grimly. Both Bastien and Brendan's cars were riddled with bullet holes and there was a dead body lying on the ground.

"Eliza and I'll stay to clean this up," Bastien said. "You get the rest of them back to Reinhard's. And leave me your keys, I'll move the cars. Also park the van out of sight when you get there. It's stolen."

as written by Knosis

Chloe groaned and slowly rolled over to her hands and knees. "I know.. I know.." She breathed, the light in her eyes fading away like a fish retreating from the surface. She placed a hand on Desmond's back and used him to help get up, pulling her shirt up to reveal where the holster and her gun were hidden in the small of her back. "That's no fun to land on.." She explained.

Still she slowly made her way to the van and climbed into the back. The scent of coppery blood was strong, and she saw the crimson stains on the floor of the van. This night had not been easy for anyone, and she had known it wouldn't. "I'm sorry.." She muttered quietly, although to no one particular. It just felt the right thing to say.

as written by Faithy

It would be foolish to continue to argue and the thought of taking another step sent a wave of nausea through Aimee’s body. Tensing up a little at Jacques command, she started to say something, but just brought her hand up to her face and hissed. She really didn’t want to see just how badly Sasha had mangled her face. Slowly moving to the van, the teen had to pause every once in a while, her vision swimming. By the time she climbed inside and found a spot where she’d hopefully be left alone, she was feeling heavy. Leaning her head back, she grimaced and just passed out, blood continuing to flow from the gashes on her face.

as written by Lialore

“Alright” he said, glad that someone had a plan. He tossed his keys to Bastien. “Call if you need any help.”

As the others began climbing into the van, he hauled himself into the driver’s seat and examined the exposed wires. He started to fiddle with his tongue between his teeth, he was rewarded with some dull lights on the dashboard as he connected the power wires with little trouble. The starter wire, however, gave him a bit of a shock. He cursed and jumped at the spark, but soon got himself together to the sound of the idling van.

Brendan let out a long breath, then twisted to make sure he had everyone.

as written by Tiko

Desmond was quick to join Chloe in the back of the van, which was far roomier than Brendan's car would have been as far as accommodating his rather large bulk. He sniffed at the blood, but the van smelled so thick of the pack that he couldn't be certain whose blood was whose. One thing he could be sure of, there were a lot of injured people back here.

He lay down to avoid getting thrown down during the ride and rested his head on his paws. They wouldn't know how bad it was until they got wherever they were going.

Jacques was the last to enter the van, sliding into the passenger seat where he sat in silence. There was a grim mood about him as they pulled out.

as written by LuLu6214

She nodded to Bastiens plans of delegation as she leaned against the nearest wall. "My rifle is in the van, take care of her won't you...I'll need her back." She called to the group that was getting into the van then she turned to Bastien, the local area looked, more or less, like a war zone. What had she gotten herself into, she silently mouthed to herself...What do we need to do and how much time before the authorities show up? I am assuming they heard the commotion...or at least someone did and reported it." She stood there relaxed and unemotional, occasionally scrunching up her nose in annoyance from the smoke. "It's a shame they targeted this place...(voice trailing off almost inaudible)Whoever they are..."

as written by Tiko

"Come on, we need to clean this place up," Bastien told Eliza. "We have a few hours yet before the police will likely show."

Such was the nature of the more violent areas of the city, that even the police wouldn't answer calls during the night.

"We'll take the body outside the city and burn it," he added as he knelt down to start putting empty shell casings into the pockets of his jacket for now. "Can't do anything about the fire, but we don't want this place looking like a murder scene. We're going to have enough heat from the police come morning as it is. Why don't you go take care of the front."

as written by Script

Meanwhile, as the van pulled away, a sleek shape dropped from the roof of a nearby building onto a storage rack atop it. Seri landed with nary a sound, crouching low and taking hold of the rack.

He didn't know where they were going, but he'd swiftly come to the conclusion that he didn't want to be out in the streets on his own while all this was going on. He was sure his new companions wouldn't mind him hitching a ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back