Deus Ex Machina The Docks

Algor looks over to the girl Sylvia mentioned and gave her a smile. "Sure. I'd love to show a newbie around. and having to heads lead the charge is always better than one, right?" Algor turns and walks towards Rosanna and holds out his hand. "Hi, my name's Algor. Algor Solvinus. I am the uh *cough**cough*better pilot in this room*cough**cough*,"

Luna - The Docks

Luna looked at Algor's hand for a moment as if it where a a foreign object. Seeming to recover herself, she squeezed it and smiled slightly.
"A pleasure," she said.

Aaron - The Docks
Aaron kept glancing at their surroundings for any trouble. No one was following them, as far as he could tell. He was starting to get ansy. By now word would have spread about what happened to Sol and about Luna's supposed involvement.
There would be people looking; gods or otherwise. The sooner they got Luna hidden away the better.

Lucian Summers - Docks
It took much longer than Lucian would have liked to finally make it to the docks. Even when he didn't have to follow the streets or main paths, the number of people milling about was astonishing, though the light fog in the air was something of a blessing. It made it harder for him to see, but it also made it harder for others to see him. Not that anyone would be looking for someone like him in a time like this...

Lucian spotted the pale, blue light emanating from the mechanic's shop almost immediately as he arrived at the docks, perched precariously on top of a parked carriage near the edge of the platform. He nimbly jumped down from the carriage and onto the street, pulling his mask off and stuffing it into his pocket as he meshed into the rest of the bustling crowd. It had no doubt thinned out from earlier, but it was still plenty busy enough that it was unlikely anyone would remember his face. Lucian moved confidently through the crowd until he finally reached the luminescent shop, which seemed to have drawn more than a couple eyes. A number of people had begun to congregate around the mechanic shop, curious about the lights they had only ever seen in the Moon Level before now.

What idiot thought that would be a good idea?
Lucian thought with irritation. Hiding a fugitive 101: don't draw attention to yourself. Whoever turned on the lights had done the exact opposite. He suppressed a sigh as he opened the door and entered the shop, trying his best to ignore the prying eyes that followed him. Once inside, Lucian immediately closed the door behind him and leaned against it, not entirely trusting that the people outside wouldn't be inclined to follow him. His gaze flicked to the man he didn't recognize, then to the lights, and then to Aaron. Lucian cocked his head slightly, face clear of emotion but eyes intent as if to say 'Really?'

Sylvia West - Ada's Shop

Sylvia was about to make a retort to Algor but was startled by the door to the mechanic's shop swinging open. She let out a yelp and turned to find Lucian, awake and closing the door behind him. She was happy to see him up and about, but he didn't look very happy.

"Luci! Perfect timing, we were just about to head over to the ship. Ada asked me to watch over the shop for her, she'd gotten some bad news, so could you please help show Rosanna to my ship while I lock up? I'll be right behind you." She came a little closer to whisper in his ear. "Sorry we left you at my place. You looked like you needed rest. I would've come back to you, but it was way too crowded. Please don't be mad." She then rushed to the back, more stressed now then usual as she scrambled to figure out how to turn Ada's lights off.

Aaron - The Docks
Aaron smirked and gave his partner an apologetic shrug. He knew Lucian was irritated about being left behind, but it couldn't have been helped. It was Sylvia's idea anyway. "About time you showed up. Sleep well?" he said teasingly.

By instinct, Algor's hand instantly grabs the handle of his sword as soon as he heard the door open. he turns around and his eyes land on a man unfamiliar to him. It wasn't until Sylvia greeted him that Algor let of the hilt of his blade, easing down. Algor walks over to him at the door and holds out his hand the same way he did with Rosanna. "Hey there. I don't think we've ever met before. Name's Algor. Solvinus,"

Lucian Summers - Ada's Shop
Lucian glanced at Algor's sword and then looked at him with an expression that wasn't overtly hostile, but was certainly one of guarded suspicion. Still, he shook his hand all the same. "Lucian," he said simply. He didn't seem like a threat at the moment, but Lucian wasn't about to trust random strangers off the street, especially not today of all days.

Then he walked past Algor and passed Aaron, shooting him a look. "We'll talk later," he muttered to his friend.

Lucian's eyes only had to skim the shop briefly before he saw the back door, which he opened carefully and looked out of. Luckily, it seemed no one had been desperate enough to get in to try the back door, and the way was clear. Then he opened the door fully and stood to the side. "Rosanna?" he said, indicating that she should go first.

Luna - Ada's Shop
The goddess nodded and floated past Lucian and into the dark alley. She paused and turned towards the door to wait for the others.

Aaron - Ada's Shop
Aaron stared quizzically at Lucian. Was he that upset about being left behind? Then he heard the commotion outside. He peered out of one of the grimy windows to discover a crowd of people trying to peer in. What were they looking at? Then it clicked. The lights.

Idiot
. No wonder Lucian was upset. The lights were drawing attention to the shop, which wasn't something they needed when trying to hide a runaway goddess. Mentally kicking himself, he followed Luna outside; avoiding eye contact with Lucian as he passed.

Last edited:
Algor followed then to the back of the shop and and stops at the back door. He turns around to look at the inside of the shop properly, as if trying to get a good picture of the place in his mind. He doesn't usually goes into the shop. It's usually his crew mates that come in here asking for things from Ada. Algor spots Sylvia somewhere in the corner of the back room, doing something rather intricate, from the looks of it. She looks like she's got the hang of things...sort of...

"You need some help with that?" He asks his fellow pilot.

Sylvia West - Ada's Shop

She looked back at Algor and shook her head. "No thanks, I got it. This is Ada's handiwork, pretty sure she wouldn't want anyone but me touching it." She found what looked to be the right cord and pulled, unplugging the lights from the generator. "Welp, I think that did it."

Guiding the group down a few docks, they reached her ship. The Crimson Dutchman. Named such because of the redwood that it was made out of, and how perfectly fit every piece of wood was. She unlocked the doors and let the group inside. They were in the cargo hold, largest space on the ship, mostly empty at this time due to having no deliveries to make. "Make yourself at home, Rosanna. I'll go see if any of the other crew is around." She said as she climbed above deck.

Aaron - The Crimson Dutchman
He kept close to Luna during the short trip to the airship and followed Sylvia and Luna until they reached the doors to the cargo hold.

"I'll keep watch out here." he muttered; leaning up against a stack of crates.

Luna - The Crimson Dutchman
The goddess nodded and glided into the storeroom; tracing her fingers along the grain of the redwood until she reached the far wall where she stopped. She glanced behind her to see if anyone was watching. Not seeing anyone, she held her palms upward and watched as they began to emit a soft white glow. She stared at the light for a few moments then clenched her hands into fists, extinguishing the light.
"I am a coward," she said softly.

Algor simply followed along with the group in silence, keeping to the back of bunch and watching his surroundings. The docks aren't exactly the safest place in town. When they got the red ship that sat idle at it's docking bay, a smile appeared on his face. He recalls the time he tried to sabotage the ship because Sylvia and her crew were getting more jobs then he was. Of course, one of his crew mates stopped him before he could do anything. This was something no one else knew.
Algor sat in silence on the floor until his eyes spot Rosanna and deciding to go instigate a conversation. Algor gets up and walks over to the lady. "Hey there," he starts. "So...What made you want to get into this field of work? I mean, it isn't exactly all that glamourous. And you don't look like someone who'd be interested in these sorts of things. So what made you interested? Just letting you know, if you have any questions, feel free to ask me about it. Definitely don't ask Sylvia," he says to Rosanna, the last sentence in a whisper.

Lucian Summers - Crimson Dutchman
Lucian passed Aaron and entered the ship without giving him so much as a glance. It was probably better to talk to him when he'd had some time to calm his temper. Luna seemed to settle herself in fairly quickly, and though the other man immediately went to go talk to her, Lucian trusted that she knew how to handle herself well enough not to tell him anything he shouldn't know. So he did the next thing that seemed natural to him and followed Sylvia up deck.

"Too crowded, hm?" he said once he caught up to her, referencing the reason she'd given for not coming back to the apartment.

Luna - The Crimson Dutcman

Luna stared at the man for a moment; seeming to be at a loss for words. Then she recovered herself. "I wanted to see more of the world," she said simply. She raised an eyebrow. "Why wouldn't I ask Sylvia? She seems perfectly capable."

Sylvia West - The Crimson Dutchman

She had come searching for members of her crew but couldn't find any at the moment. She was hoping that Rennac and Navyra would at least be here, those two were inseparable. But with that failed, she had taken a minute to rest on the deck and look out at the docks. She could barely make out the horizon due to the darkness. Suddenly a voice called out causing her to yelp in surprise, quickly turning to see Lucian.

"By the gods, Lucian! You need to stop sneaking up on me like that." She pouted playfully. Then she processed his question, a sigh escaping her lips. "Yep. The most people I've ever seen in these docks, all begging for a ship to take them to another land. I nearly passed out trying to make it to Ada's shop, I was so frightened." She looked up to the black sky, her body starting to tremble a little. "It's ten times worse in the dark. It's a giant black hole that feels like it's going to devour me whole. I'm scared, Lucian." She looked back to him, her eyes filled with tears. "How do we get the light back?"

Lucian looked startled for a moment, not really expecting that kind of reaction from her. Then he shrugged and stood beside her, stuffing his hands in his pockets as he looked out at the sky. "I don't think there's any point in worrying about something we can't fix. Getting the sun back is a job for the gods, not us; we just do damage control. So... The best you can do is stopping looking at the darkness and focus on something else instead. Not everything that's come out of this is bad. I mean who could have imagined that it was the stars hiding behind the sun all this time? I think that's beautiful in its own right."

Lucian glanced at Sylvia again with a little quirk of a smile.

Sylvia West - Crimson Dutchman

She wiped the tears away from her eyes, her breathing starting to slow again, Lucian's soothing words helping to calm her. "They are very pretty." She said, turning to him, a grateful smile on her face. "Thank you, Lucian. I... I mean, can I focus on you instead?" She asked, a very visible blush appearing on her cheeks. "I just... you make me feel safe, protected. I like that feeling... and I like you... a lot. I have for a while now. So... can I? Keep my focus on you, I mean."

"see more of the world huh? Well, what better way than to get into transportation I guess," Algor jumps on top of a crate and sits down.

"Capable, and that's about it. She's not as good as me though," Algor points to himself proudly. "I'm honestly shocked you went to her in the first place. Fun fact, she's crashed this ship before. And she ALSO had to re-take her piloting test because she failed it the first time. These are all factual truths, mind you," Algor crosses his legs. "Unlike me, I'm a total professional. I can teach you the ropes in the no time,"

Last edited:
Lucian wasn't quite expecting the various emotions he felt when Sylvia said that. Of course he'd known she was interested for a long time - he wasn't that oblivious - but like the rest of his personal life he tended to set it aside to think about at a more convenient time which would probably never come. Now having to face it head on, he felt some strange combination of relief and apprehension. Lucian blew out a quiet breath and looked at the ground.

"Sylvia, I kill people for my job. You might feel safe around me, but you're not. This line of work is dangerous for everyone involved, and I know you chose to be a part of it in the first place, but your job right now is still relatively safe in comparison. But the more you get involved with me, the more likely you are to get caught in the crossfire, and the damage you take probably won't just be from the bad guys." Lucian hesitated to say any more of what had been running through his mind all this time, but he forced himself to push on.

"In order for me to... do what I do, I've had to remove certain parts of my personality. So what you would need, love or affection, I don't think is even there anymore. That side of me is... broken."

Lucian couldn't bring himself to look at Sylvia after that, so he looked out at the stars instead, his jaw clenched. Getting the words out had felt like pulling teeth.

Luna - The Crimson Dutchman
The corner of Luna's mouth raised slightly as she listened to Algor describe his fellow pilot. She nodded.
"I see, I'll be sure to keep that in mind." Then she looked at him quizzicaly. "What ropes?"

Back