Deus Ex Machina The Docks

Sylvia West - Crimson Dutchman

She moved towards Lucian, turning him to face her, putting his hands in her own so she could feel a part of him when she spoke. "It is still there, Lucian. I've felt it before. I don't care if it's broken, I want to help you put it back together, no matter the risks. I can handle a bit of damage, as long as I know I'm taking it for you. You're asking me to take care of a god, Lucian, how much more danger could I really be in?" The question was more light hearted, but gave way to seriousness again. "Please, just give us a chance before you lock your heart away. I want to be by your side."

Lucian Summers - Crimson Dutchman
Lucian laughed, "You're even more stubborn than I am. But if that's what you want..." He raised her hand that was clasped in his and kissed it. "I'd be crazy to say no."

Sylvia West and Rennac Navarre - Crimson Dutchman

Sylvia was overjoyed, her heart nearly skipping a beat as Lucian kissed her hands. Unable to contain her emotions, she flung herself into an embrace with him, nuzzling herself into his chest. "Lucian, you don't know how happy that makes me." She said, trying her best not to cry tears of joy.

From the opposite end of the ship, a brown haired man with glasses had watched the whole thing from a distance. Rennac Navarre, the ship's doctor had recently reboarded, having collected various medical supplies after the sun went out, and didn't wish to intrude on the captain's private affairs. However, now that the matter had been settled favorably, he couldn't resist a little teasing. "Ah, young love. Even in the midst of a possible apocalypse, one can still make time for it. Eh, Captain?" He said, making his presence known with a polite bow. "Greetings, I'm Rennac Navarre, chief medical officer of this fine ship. Might I ask your name sir?"

Sylvia jumped in Lucian's arms, giving the newcomer an angry glare before letting out an exasperated sigh. "Gods, Ren. You know I don't like being scared like that." She muttered under her breath.

Reflexively, Lucian hesitated a moment when Sylvia hugged him. This was probably going to take some getting used to. However this time, for perhaps the first time, he genuinely hugged her back. "Second time today. Are you going to make a habit of this?" he asked jokingly.

Lucian had been so focused on his conversation with Sylvia that he hadn't even noticed the other man who was observing them until he said something. At the sudden noise, he immediately let go of Sylvia and instinctively reached for one of the switchblades at his belt before he realized the man wasn't a threat. Say what you want about being a Blade, but it wasn't exactly the kind of job that encouraged a trusting nature. Lucian coughed uncomfortable and crossed his arms. "Lucian Summers," he replied.

Sylvia West and Rennac Navarre - Crimson Dutchman

As Sylvia finally calmed her breathing down after Rennac's surprise, she explained what was going on. "Ren, Lucian and I have cooperated on many business ventures before, and he's asked a favor of me. His cousin Rosanna is a fine navigator, but needs work and a place to live, so I offered her a job and quarters in the hold of the ship. I'll need you, Navi and the others to help her get used to life aboard the Crimson Dutchman. Are we clear?"

The man stood and gave a salute. "As you wish, Captain. I assume she's currently in the hold?" At her nod he gave another smile and a farewell wave. "Then I shall greet her now. Enjoy your time up here, you two. Just be careful, Lucian. Sylvia's quite a handful." He chuckled to himself as he heard Sylvia's complaints follow him down into the hold where he saw the girl he could only assume was Rosanna, and Algor, their competitor, seeming to have a chat.

"Pardon the interruption, but are you Rosanna? Captain West told me the situation, I'm Rennac, Chief Medical Officer and one of your new crewmates. It's a pleasure to meet you." He said with another polite bow. Turning to Algor, he gave a knowing smile. "So, what rumors have you been spreading about my captain this time, Al?"

"no no, I don't mean an actual, physical rope. I meant that figuratively, I meant I could teach you all about anything and everything that is even closely related to this job," Algor jumps off the crate and lands right in front of her. "So what is it you wanna be on this ship anyways? Medic? Engineer? Mechanic? Pilot? Cargo loader?" He says as he walks away with his back to her. He turns his head back to look at her. "You don't seem like someone who gets down and dirty with all the internals of a ship, so I guess mechanic and engineering is out," he turns his body around. "You don't seem built to carry around heavy stuff, so cargo guy is a no go. And this ship already has a pilot and a medic,"

Algor was a bit startled when Rennac appeared out of the blue in the middle of his question but calmed down and gave him full attention. "What rumors? I have no idea what you're talking about," he jumps back up on top of a crate and lets his legs hang free. "So how you've been Ren? Saved any lives lately?"

Last edited:
Luna - The Crimson Dutchman
The goddess flinched at Algor's comment about her build. If she wanted to she could have the build to crush him into a small square. But she restrained herself. "I suppose a pilot." She said smoothly, I know how to navigate." At that moment a man walked in. "A pleasure," she responded politely as she nodded to the newcomer.

Lucian watched Rennac go, looking a bit pensive. "Let's hope Rosanna is a good liar," he mumbled. "I doubt she's used to getting so much attention from people."

Lucian wondered just how long this was going to last for. It wasn't like they could hide the Goddess of the Moon for the rest of their lives, which meant in order for this to be finished they would either have to fail, or the gods needed to hurry up and find who the real culprit was. Unless she really did kill Sol... Lucian pushed the thought away almost as soon as he had it. He couldn't have any doubts about his duty in a situation like this. And technically, it was his job to protect Luna whether she was innocent or not. He wasn't quite sure what to make of that.

Sylvia West - Crimson Dutchman

She gave Lucian a soothing smile. "Relax, Ren isn't one to pry into people's personal lives if they don't want to talk about it. Though this raises a good question. What do we do if or when this whole thing blows over? Rosanna goes back to Caeles, naturally, but what do I tell my crew?" She scratched the back of her head in thought. Seeming at a loss for probable excuses for Rosanna to leave.

Rennac Navarre - Crimson Dutchman

He took a look over the newcomer, she seemed stoic, elegant, not really someone who would fit in on a ship like this, but he knew the captain had reasons for recruiting every crewmember of this ship, so he wouldn't judge. At Algor's comment, he gave a sad nod. "Unfortunately, in the panic that took over the sun level, quite a few civilians got trampled over. I tried to save as many as I could, but for some I got there too late."

Luna - The Crimson Dutchman
"Many more lives would have been lost, had you not taken any action at all." Luna said suddenly. She looked Rennac in the eye. "Take comfort in that." She maintained eye contact for a brief moment. Then looked down to examine something under her fingernails.

Algor expresses a hint of pity at his words, his eyes on him. "well, you did what you could. That's what's important. At a time like this, in the dark happy fun-land outside, can't expect to save everyone. Just do what you can and that's enough," Algor leans back and rests on his arms, his eyes now looking at the ceiling of the ship. "I mean, look at me, I can only dream of doing what you do. My hands are to rough to handle delicate human flesh and what not,"

At hearing Roseanna's words, Algor sits up straight again. "That's the spirit. Rosanna, you got any basic knowledge of medicine? Ren wouldn't teach me,"

Aaron - The Crimson Dutchman
Aaron burst into the room where Sylvia and Lucian were; his face pale. He rushed over to Lucian and whispered something in his ear. Lucian's face immediately changed to concern and nodded. The two assassins spun around and rushed out of the ship at full speed. Aaron paused for a moment to look back to Sylvia.

"There's been an incident. We'll be back." And with that he turned and followed his partner into the dark.

Back