The Dunes of Despair

Ideia and Diana looked at the blind man, then back at the newcomer. "I'll 'get' them some water." Ideia murmured.
"Wait what about me?" Diana asked.
"What about you?"
"She gets water and i don't?"
"She's special." Idea told her.
"I'm special." Diana's chest puffed out.
"Yeah the other kind of special."

Diana's face fell.

Blindfold chuckled softly, hearing their interaction. He sat down cross-legged, waiting.

Someone said water. Kitty was positive she'd heard it. The girl began to make her way around the crater, but didn't exactly look where she was going. Instead, she was looking inside the massive ditch that was slowly filling with sand. There was something shiny in there.

She shook her head. People first.

As Kitty walked up to him, Blindfold smiled and said, "Hello."
He couldn't see her future or past, which again, frustrated him.

Ideia walked towards Kitty, a small canteen in her hands, "Here, take it." Ideia smiled.
"I want waterrr!" Diana whined.
"Shut up."

Diana fell silent, remembering there was another person there.

"I—uh–" Kitty wasn't sure what to say as a canteen was thrust into her hands. She didn't drink right away, as much as she wanted to, but instead answered the one "hello" she had been given.

"Are you alright?" She asked, "Nobody got hurt by that thing?" Kitty jabbed a thumb towards the huge crater behind her.

@TMITM @Lila Renn ((Mentions don't work for edits, I don't think.... :-: ))

Kitty assumed the blindfolded guy was alright, even though he hadn't said anything in response to her question.

"Sand in one's eye could count," she said, turning her attention back to the two girls, "but it's pretty inevitable, being in a desert. Speaking of, how did you guys get out in the middle of nowhere like this?"

" I just... got here. Don't know why, but my powers are limited and my Sight is nonexistent."

Diana smirked, "Told ya."
"Shut up."

Ideia smiled, "Oh us? We walked here but we kinda got lost 'sightseeing' as Diana calls it."
"I thought it was a good idea!" She protested.
"Was it?"
"Well, no, but-"
"But no."

Back