Ame Damnee The Dunes of Nemesis

M

Meliodas

What was originally the final battleground of an ancient power known as Nemesis lies sand dunes infused with the remnants of magic exuded from the beast. Specters of the fallen roam these dunes attacking any and all who enter their territory.

Magic infused Wraiths

(Credit to jrusso20 & OmniversalRPer)

Anariel
Dunes of Nemesis
Traveling

The archangel drifted almost listlessly through the sands, feet paging the coarse grains without thought. With the threat earlier, she'd allowed her battle fervor to get worked up, only to have nowhere to burn it off when Raziel simply caused the threat to cease being, well, dangerous. Since then, her mood had been alternating between sour and bland.

Looking over at Abraham, she sensed a similar emotional frustration. They were two warriors, peers, and the one thing they were sure they could do had been robbed from them. As she turned her gaze to the other Angel, she couldn't help but scowl.

Abraham - Dunes of Nemesis

Abraham had changed to his hybrid form for easier communication by the time they'd reached the Dunes. The hairs on the end of his fur prickled as he felt the remnants of magic course over his form. He'd heard tales of the ancient creature known as Nemesis, whatever sort of being it was, to leave this much raw magic behind in its destruction must have made it very powerful. It would've been a glorious battle for Anariel and him to partake in. Alas it was not to be, especially not if Raziel kept nullifying all their prey.

He stopped the two angels in their tracks, his nose smelling something foul in the distance. It was a mix of decaying flesh and the unfiltered smell of magic. The Wraith's were coming. The bodies of the damned, their souls fused with such magic. One could call this the purest form of necromancy. There were four of them approaching the group, two from the left, two from the right. "Anariel, take left, I'll take right." He growled as he leapt into the air, closing the distance between himself and the Wraiths in an instant.

They were not completely incorporeal, as the bodies of those whose soul they carried still remained in side. If one were to destroy the body, the magic would have nowhere to be conducted, leaving the soul behind as a tiny will-o-wisp. Destroying bodies happened to be what Abraham did best, as he savagely tore into the tattered remains of the first Wraith. Grabbing body parts and flinging them at his second opponent. Before long the wisp remained as he faced down his other adversary, bones slightly cracked from the impact of its brethren. He knew this specter was no challenge to him and briefly stole a glance to see Anariel's progress.

Raziel, played by Meliodas

Dunes of Nemesis
Raziel had the unfortunate honor of having known Nemesis, some several hundred years ago. As a member of the infamous group, The Harbingers, the Sin of Gluttony was the eater of souls, a force in which it was rumored that even Lucifer struggled to contain. Nemesis’s whereabouts have echoed only in legends told to children in their bed, but it was more than just myth. As far as Terrestria was concerned, the creature had long passed on from the world, with only a select few left knowing if there was even any truth to this at all.

Sensing both Anariel and Abraham's discontent, he hardly did much to intervene as they had their fun. The only thing he didn’t care for was the lack of a proper place to sit back, relax, and take a breather. He wasn’t fond of sand, and the Dunes of Nemesis, in particular, marked the primary reason for that staunch dislike. It was rather sad however that the spirits who roamed the desolate wasteland had not found rest over the many centuries that had passed. Perhaps he could remedy that in due time…

@Luxin, @jrusso20

Anariel
Dunes of Nemesis

With hardly a moment's thought, Anariel followed the call to action, her movements swift and sure. With a single wing beat she closed the gap between the two wraiths and herself, having launched into the air and fallen back to the ground. She sang while airborne, an almost discordant song sounding from between her lips.

Upon impact, a small flash of light surrounded her and a great thump of pressure shot out in all directions, blasting the corporeal forms from the wraiths as the light bathed them. Anariel walked between her two, a hand held out to each one gently. The wisps, now released from the magic that had bound them, swirled around her quickly, leaving lines of light int he air as she blessed their passage to the afterlife. When they faded from view, she wore a smile full of serenity.

She looked at Abraham for a moment, then pouted ever so very slightly. "Go on, bless them into their peace. They deserve it, after being trapped in these harsh lands for so long. You know you have the power to provide a proper burial blessing, Abraham." Her voice was soft, and though she was more distant from him than would be audible, it carried as clearly as if she were beside him.

His glance amused him greatly as he saw Anariel obliterate her two Wraiths in record time. Not wanting to be outdone, he effortlessly ripped the body of the Wraith he had yet to dispatch asunder, leaving behind only a wisp. He stiffened as her words reverberated in his ears, he hadn't given a proper burial blessing since he'd fallen from heaven. To do so would mean letting their souls rise to a power who didn't deserve their worship. He held the wisps in his hands, looking Anariel dead in the eyes as he crushed them in his palms, damning them to hell.

He shifted back to his human form and approached the Ethereal. "I may enjoy your company Anariel, but do not mistake my tolerance for weakness. You think you can revert me to my inferior form? You're wasting your time. I am Satan's Wrath, I fight for his glory and to put these insects we created, in their proper place. If you wish for this partnership of ours to remain cordial, I suggest you leave the matter be." At that, he shifts back into wolf form and continues following the tracks.

Anariel
Dunes of Nemesis

The archangel was shocked by how carelessly Abraham dispatched the souls, his casual damnation of them ripping into her psyche. She grimaced and watched him, her eyes narrowing with her anger. She broke into a jog, keeping pace with his larger form almost effortlessly. She would not let him simply walk away after performing such profane acts.

"It wasn't for Aditi that I asked you to, but for them. You had the ability to escape that which you didn't like, and you took it. They were already damned to eternal suffering by being here, and they'd been here for almost as long as either of us has been alive." She jogged out in front of him and then stopped, in his path.

"They deserved their relief, and you ripped that away from them. Their instinct to attack is from the rage and pain they feel from being trapped, not out of malice for the living. You know that, almost as well as I do. I..." She looked away, unable to hold eye contact with him.

"I've missed you, Abraham. Before we came down here, the two of us worked wonders together. I do not seek to reform you into what you were in the Heavens, but I know there's some good in you, just as there is evil in me. Unlike the others we work with, our fates are not so clear, and they never have been. We are the warriors of Light and Dark, Good and Evil, Order and Chaos. Yet here we are, working in tandem. There isn't a thing that I know of short of Satan or Aditi herself who could stand in our way without issue, and in that I revel, but I urge you to reconsider your act."

She shuddered slightly, looking up, unwanted tears slowly trickling down her face as the full breadth of her emotions caught up to her, demolishing her normally stoic visage. "I know you can still rescind your damnation of those souls, and I beg you to do so, for their sake. They do not deserve such cruelty..."

Reactions: Rue

He shifted back to human form as she stepped in his path, he'd always admired Anariel's bravery, and she certainly was brave to stand in his way like this, it would be an insult to her not to meet eye to eye. Her words shocked him, moved him to the core that he had for so many centuries thought was black and lifeless. He was brought back to time before his fall, back when he cared about this world and the life surrounding it, he and Anariel were partners, best friends. If Abraham ever had someone who was as close to him as Alexander and Lilith were to each other, it would be Anariel.

Then that damn day came, when humanity displayed its darker side, he felt hurt, betrayed. Lucifer offered him a chance to pay humanity back for abusing his gifts for them. Lilith and Alexander got to fall together, but when Abraham tried to convince Anariel, she chose to stay, and he fell alone. Now she was here, standing in front of him, tears which even he barely saw from her, were in her eyes, and she was telling him how much she missed him, how she believed there was still good inside of him. The worst part was that she might've been right.

He let out a frustrated yell as he turned back to the spot where he crushed the wisps, holding out his hand, he gently called forth the spirits and lifted them up into the heavens. He looked back at the ethereal, conflict in his eyes. "Make no mistake, I didn't do that for them. I merely did it because I didn't want you pestering me about my nature throughout this whole damn quest." An obvious lie, but he didn't care, he just wanted to keep moving. "Now come on, before I lose the trail." He said taking off.

Anariel
Dunes of Nemesis

Anariel said nothing as he pulled back the spirits and sent them aloft to Heaven, admiring him and seeing who he was now mixing with who she'd known him as. The new Abraham was as proud as ever, but he'd developed a safe place to hold his nature. She wiped her face with a wing absently as the thoughts rolled over. Abraham was stronger at holding his emotions in check than she'd ever been, and he seemed to have become even better at it since the war: the last time she'd seen him. As the thought rolled past, she suddenly felt as if she were back in that last battle.

Blades flashed in every direction, driving each side back and forth in surges.
On the front lines stood two figures battling just one another, a clearing formed around them by fighters not keen on getting too close.
Anariel and Abraham were driving back and forth at each other, a whirlwind of flesh and steel, droplets of blood flying free.
The archangel let out a soft cry as her body limned itself in faint wisps of light before settling back down again. When she recovered, only a moment or two later, she stood as if nothing had happened, and walked over to follow Abraham. Her emotions had seemingly died down to almost nothing as she adopted a serious manner, her blue eyes set on the horizon.

"We do not have much time. Let us make haste."

Back