The Embard School of Magicks

She nodded, somewhat reluctantly, before turning to have a whispered conversation with Blue. Some choppy phrases like "the garden", and "maybe tonight" could be heard by the others, but that was about it.

"Anyway," Blue said to the others, "Maybe we should just get to class now? We can leave a note for Sean, or anyone else?"

Sean slipped out of the bed, his eyes groggy and tired. He'd slept long enough though. Getting up from the Starlas bed, he yawned. Then went to put his jacket on.

"Oh, th-thats right I f-forgot about s-sean," Michi fiddled with the cuff of their shirt. "I'm s-sure he'll t-turn up," They said hopefully.

Haji glanced around the hallways before glancing the cluster of students. She went up to them cautiously, hoping that she wasn't wrong. That would be terrible, oh, what if they were in another track and thought that she was teasing them? But this was in the Starla area, at least that was what the signs said. She took a deep breath and approached them. If she was wrong, then she'd just run away or something. Or maybe melt into a puddle. But not talking to people is what got her into this place. She was quite terribly lost and had no clue where the Starla's were meant to be.

"Are you the other Starla's?" She asked. Her hands knocked together rhythmically, and it was clear that she was somewhat uncomfortable with the situation. She was wearing a light gray cloak, and it barely hovered above the ground, concealing all but her hands which peaked out from long sleeves.

"mhm," Michi nodded, letting their hair cover their face. "I'm Michi, th-this is Blue, Tammy and I-iris. We're w-waiting for someone c-called Sean,"

"Yeah. We were just about to go to class down the hall. What's your name, by the way?" Blue smiled at her. "And nice cloak."

Sean flitted outside of the Starlas room. He pushed a hand through his hair, before seeing Michi and Blue, waving, he jogged over to them. "Is this person new..?" He asked curiously.

((i'm dying of wholesomeness overload))

"No," Michi shook their head, lying. They always had a problem, they where practically scared of everything.

"Well." Sean straightened up, "I'm gonna take Michi to the Starlas teacher or whatever his name is." He reached out for her, "You gonna come? Or do you want to stay here with Blue?" He asked Michi.

Sean's heart practically melted at her smile. Then took Michi towards one of the Starlas's classrooms. "Do you like class?" He asked, "I do when they can teach me things. But these teachers can't really teach us more then theory can they? It'll have to do though."

((Michi is non-binary haha))

"I d-dont mind it," Michi moved their hair out of the way of their eyes. "I like m-mathy stuff,"

(Forgot.... HEH._.)

"You do?" He asked surprised, "Oh, I can teach you in somethings if you want. I have a.. Certain.. Degree of knowledge in quantum physics. The rules of the universe and space time- continuum and all that jazz." Sean told them. Then stopped, "We're here." He said, stopping outside of the large wooden door.

((it oki, i've done it plenty of times XD))

"I'm n-nervous," Michi clenched their fists. "But e-excited at the same t-time," They pressed their hand up to the door and headed inside.

(Im so tempted to timeskip rn xD)

Sean opened the door, barely nodding at the teacher, and layed his head on the table after he got into his seat.

((Yep I was going to :) ))

Blue and Tammy followed the others, beckoning to Haji to come too. Once they had all reached the library, the old tortoise grinned.
"Ah, so you finally decided to join us, did you? For now, I'd just like you to start reading this book." He held up a leather-bound tome with the words, 'Starla: A Biography' printed on the front in gold letters, and some smaller text at the bottom. "This book was written by one of the oldest known Starlas, Henry Moord. He documented everything as it happened, right from when he stepped through those front doors, till the day he died. He did, however, write it in a now-dead language, which we call Skirrskript, so the translation may not be entirely accurate. Nevertheless, it is all we have, so we must try our best. Pay special attention to the parts about the "dirt-like substance" he mentions - that is one of the key parts of Star Magick. Now, off you go, read as much as you can in the time."
Tammy groaned, but soon became transfixed with the images the book was putting in her head. The power this man was describing seemed incredible.
"
Read from the start please Tammy. Don't get ahead of yourself," the teacher warned her. She responded with a sigh, but still did as he said.

Haji had frozen when they complimented her cloak and asked for her name. The other Starla's were... friendly? Her parents had said that the other Starla's would likely be super smart and ultra-competitive and told her to only see them as rivals. But maybe, she should give them a chance.

Upon being told that they should read a book, Haji's brow furrowed. She thought the Starla track would be more hands-on. But this was better than nothing, she guessed. She took a copy and started to read before quickly getting bored. Man, this was dry! Reading it was like slogging through a muddy swamp.

"What if we read aloud?" She suggested, in a small voice. "I'm Haji, by the way," Hopefully it would be easier reading aloud. Thought Haji loved books, it was difficult for her to read anything too terribly academic.

Back