The Evrensel Conflict The Evrensel Conflict -- Long Live the Villain

Mr. Wade & Watch

Cult of Personality
As all the villains from the abandoned city teleported away from their fiery deaths, they would be sent to three different locations.

The middle of what appeared to be a courtroom, large in size and filled with antique paintings, statues and even weaponry lined against the walls. Against the grey concrete walls, dark green shades and carpets decorated the room, creating a unnerving atmosphere.

An abandoned weapons facility, holding not just weapons, but those who teleported here would find themselves in front of a massive robotic army, all lined up in single file but turned off and collecting dust. the place hadn't been used in years, but still remained what seemed to be very powerful tools of destruction for people to use.

Finally, another city, but wildly different from the last one. It was actually still alive. It was night time still, but below was a massive population of people, with the building lights glowing through the darkness. If you were an all powerful god like entity or sadistic serial killer, then being in a place with so many victims would be their playground.

Each location is where different villains would be teleported, and it is in these locations that from this confusion and chaos, they will take advantage of it and become kings, gods, or the richest men in history.

Long Live the Villain.

Introduction - Kefka Palazzo, the "God of Magic"

Kefka was in the midst of becoming the ruler of the world he was from, absorbing the power of the Warring Triad which kept the balance of Magic in check in the world. As he was about to start laying his claim to the world, he was immediately absorbed in a bright flash of neon green as he had completely vanished.

latest
latest
latest
latest

"Where did Kefka go?" Terra asked, very confused as to what just happened." "Maybe he teleported somewhere? He did just absorb the statue's power after all." Locke commented, making a understandable suggestion. Maybe he teleported somewhere to begin his reign of terror? "Whatever the case may be, I wanted my opportunity to punch him senseless with a Blitz to end all this madness." Sabin exclaimed, already jumping into a battle stance when Edgar pulled him out of it. "Whatever just happened is a stroke of luck for us. However we must focus on another priority right now, and that's fixing the magic balance."

Meanwhile...

Finally, another city, but wildly different from the last one. It was actually still alive. It was night time still, but below was a massive population of people, with the building lights glowing through the darkness. If you were an all powerful god like entity or sadistic serial killer, then being in a place with so many victims would be their playground.

Kefka had finally arrived at a strangely populated area, sporting tall structures and many people wandering the streets. It was all lively and populated, much like the towns back in his world before he was to begin his reign. After coming to, he got up and immediately shouted about the events that had transpired.

latest

"URRRGH! Why must this happen NOW OF ALL TIMES?! I was just about to success in my greatest scheme to control the world, and now this happened?! Urgh!!!" His rage of course attracted the attention of the locals as they gathered around him, all with confused and questioning faces. "Who is this guy? / He looks really cool and... almost naked? / Hey, put some damn clothes on you freak! / Yeah! You're in public you know, cover yourself better! / And what's with that pair of wings? You some kind of cos-player or something? / More like a freak!" The citizens responded, beginning to mock him as well as question his appearance. "Shut up, you peasants. I am your new-found god, and I will make you all submit before me." "You, a god? Don't make me laugh! / Haha, you are a nothing!" They continued mocking him despite his return threats. As time went on, more and more of the citizenry approached him and joined in on the commenting, rapidly angering him to the point where he had enough.

Kefka now had enough of the citizens and decided to show them his power, and make them suffer for such insolence. He clasped his hands together and began to cast the Ultima spell, spawning forth a ball of energy underneath him as he began to slowly float upwards. "What is this? Some kind of magic trick? / It looks really stupid and lame, it's clearly fake. / Yeah, I could create that with a simple drink bottle." They continued mocking him despite the ever-rising ball of energy. As it started to get bigger, a force could be felt from it as it exploded, causing catastrophic amounts of damage to the ground and causing the citizens to panic, fleeing for their lives like Chocobos in the wild. "Hahaha! Run away you cretins, run away! But I will make my reign known in this world, starting with this city!" Kefka exclaimed loudly as he began casting numerous devastating magic spells which began destroying the city, block after block as all the populace were now aware of his presence. To any that were outside of the city, they would discover...

giphy.gif

That the city and surrounding areas were constantly being engulfed in large beams of power as Kefka spared no expensive in eradicating and bringing about destruction to the area. From small area spells to extremely large explosions, the once peaceful city was turning into a area of devastation, chaos and destruction as the citizens were running away in fear. Nearby creatures were either killed or transformed entirely into species of monster, roaming the land and killing any passerby's that came near the area. "My reign is becoming more and more apparent! They chose to mock me and not take my words to heart, and look at what they brought! Destruction, chaos, intimidation, and a clear sign of murder and mayhem! Silly humans, they have no idea the power I possess thanks to the Warring Triad! And to demonstrate, I shall erect my tower! Uwahahahahaha!" Kefka exclaimed with his famous chuckle as he began to use his power to literally bend the ground to his will:

giphy.gif

Using the surrounding mountain-side, he began ripping chunks of it from the ground and pulling it all together into one central structure at the city's central point. Pulling from the mountain, the nearby ground and even several city factories, his tower began forming and towering over the city and the surrounding landscape:

Formally dubbed "Kefka's Tower," This structure was the source of his reign as it was forged from the surrounding lands and destroyed sections of the city, from skyscrapers and even production factories. It towered over the land, going so far as to breach the clouds and still continue to go upwards, spanning a incredible height. At the top of the tower, Kefka had constructed a powerful weapon, known as the Light of Judgement. This was a powerful ray of light which served as Kefka's Judgement towards the surrounding towns and villages, forcing them to submit to his reign. If they chose not to, they would be met with a ray of light that would obliterate their village in a matter of seconds and physically scar the land. Around the base of the tower would now be the remains of a destroyed city, with the roads cracked and pavements shattered, with hints of rubbish scattered around and deadly monsters roaming around it's surface. What was once green and vibrant forests with pleasant creatures roaming around with natural mountains and blue waters, was now...

FinalFantasyVI_KefkaTower.jpg

A complete wasteland. Almost nothing of the city previous was there, the tower had practically taken the mass majority of the city's size, and the land around it clearly resembles being moved and torn to construct what now resides in it's place. Kefka had now arrived at the unknown world, and has now claimed his start on his reign of terror.​

Cal's first reaction to the new green light was: not again.

Seeing how he wasn't landed back home in his hangar, this was completely justified. However, he wasn't alone. Redline was directly in front of him - or, his ship, which has came with him. He turned around in the cockpit. "Guys?"

There was no reply. There was no one in the co-pilot's seat. The cargo hold's camera showed it to be empty, save for a few boxes that was previously there. The others likely got dumped out by that same neon green... Cal wondered what's going on this time.

Someone knocked on his cockpit window. Turning to it, he saw Redline, who made a "come-out-and-we'll-talk" gesture. Cal frowned, but did so, opening the cockpit and climbing out. His questions died on his lips.

Robots. Thousands upon thousands of them, standing in neat formations, all deactivated and collecting dust. They were well-constructed, well-designed, painted in a black-and-red colouring scheme, and practically screamed lethal. Redline looked impassive still, with his mask preventing Cal from discerning his facial expression, but from the clenched fists and barely-contained yet rhythmic trembling, Cal could tell that this man was excited. For what? For these?

Redline turned to him. "Cal, correct?" His voice was deep, with a very subtle layer of electronic resonance that hinted at a voice changer. "And you are good at computers? You're also one of 'em work-for-money mercs, right?"

Cal shrugged. "I guess." ALFRED shifted the suit into combat mode at the first mention of his name, but let off at the second sentence. Both were confused - was Redline trying to be threatening or not?

"I'll make you an offer." Redline waved his arm at the massive facility. "See all this? I want it all activated. Understood. Then brought to serve me. And you, obviously, but I take supreme command over these... no doubt lethal death machines, weapons and technology."

Cal frowned. "W-"

"What's in it for you? Easy. Money. Technology. Your own personal army. With our combined might, we will subjugate this world. On Earth, there were many who tried - and succeeded - to stop me. But here, I've yet to see anyone with the potential to. Your best bet's with me."

"Right. But how do you suppose that you pay me? We're from different worlds, man. Currencies don't exactly work between different universes."

Redline thought about it. "If all this tech turns out to be better than yours, I'll let you do whatever you want with them - upgrade your ship, armour, take some home - I don't care. If not, then this entire setup will be in vain anyway, and we'd be none the wiser. Plus..." His posture changed to one of relaxation, "don't you like stuff like these?"

That one hit home. He really did.

"Fine. I expect much compensation from you...?"

"Redline." The man extended a hand, which Cal took. His grip was firm. "Alright. We'll explore first, probably find some sort of central control and-"

"Yeah, leave that to me. You sound like you're the strategic genius, you figure out the rest. My job is to turn on the death machines, not to plot on taking over the world." Cal left for the centre of the facility. Redline nodded appreciatively, and followed after him.

"Where am I?" asked the Quarterback of Chaos as he looked at an area that he had suddenly appeared in when he had been working on new technologies for himself. On his wrist was the NFL-R that he used, but it was missing a lot of the apps that he knew he'd need to survive. Really he was not amused as he noticed the area around him had been turned into a waste land and there was a huge tower in the distance. "Okay, new question. What the hell?" asked Warren, as he noticed the rampaging monsters.

Facing them was not on his to do list, but if he was to get any food that he would need to survive here, and the raw materials needed to build himself a base, he'd have to. Still, to do that he'd need a more reliable weapon than the NFL-R. So he was going to have to do some scavenging to get the parts he needed to arm himself to survive in this place. A mental note was made by the Quarterback of Chaos. If he ever found the arrogant prick who had teleported him here, Warren was officially going to murder the individual in the worst way he could imagine.

While he may be a villain, Warren was also someone who valued survival. Step one to survival was getting himself some sort of weapon other than his NFL-R at his disposal. "Note to self. I need to get myself a base as soon as possible, and maybe some form of transportation. Okay, transportation first. And then base. And then army of robot drones made to obey my whims. Before that, I need new weaponry." Warren dissipated the armor made by the NFL-R and looked at himself. Really, he was wearing the orange prison jump suit that he had been when he had betrayed the Guardians.

Deathwing looked around the ancient halls, the silence disturbed by the sound of his body's crackling. He... wasn't sure what exactly had happened. He has been wreaking havoc in the name of the Old Gods, finally able to unleash his plan that had been decades in the making. The world hat shattered beneath his power, and he had arrived at the pathetic kingdom of Stormwind to show them true despair.

Yet, right as he had done so, he found himself here. Shrinking down into his disgusting human form, standing in the centre of the melted remains of the stonework where his claws had touched, he looked around him. It almost reminded him of Lordaeron, except with no undead spawned by that upstart death 'god'. Actually... this planet was not his own. He could feel it, the alienness of it, the slumbering elemental lords that had never been awoken. Had he been teleported? Him?! What puny mortal dared touch the aspect of Death with their filthy magics.

The world around him heaved in response to his anger, the landscape for miles cracking and fluctuating as entire swtahes of it jutted from the land or was swallowed by it. The heat given off by his mortal form was enough to set alite all furnishings within the courtroom, weapons and statues melting as carpets and draped burst into flame.

After a while, his tantrum ceased. The world around him calmed as he did, and the temperature went from Volcanic to tolerable. Shaking his head, he simply reassessed what was happening. While it was not his world, it surely had mortals among it. He would simply break this one as well, and use whatever survivors to find him a way back to Azeroth.

Unknown World
Ruined City around Kefka's Tower
Widowmaker and Reaper

After another flash of Neon Green light, Widowmaker and Reaper were thrown into another section of the world, once again with Widowmaker falling first, and then Reaper second, causing their first entry conversation to happen once again.

widowmaker-concept.jpg

"Reaper. Get off me. You are sitting on my chest-plate. AGAIN." Came from an annoyed Widowmaker as she pushed him off angrily, again.

reaper-concept.jpg

"Oh, Sorry for that strange green light pulling us both and making me fall on top of you, it won't happen a third time, hahahaha." Reaper laughed halfheartedly as he got up from being pushed into the ground again and immediately began bickering with Widowmaker, again. "What did you do this time, Widowmaker? Surely you are just begging to get shot by me, aren't you?" "Say that again, and I'll make sure that one shot on you is one kill for me." "Hahaha! What's that? I'm sorry I can't hear you over the sound of your anger." Reaper replied mockingly, clearly laughing at Widowmaker. She wasn't exactly having it but she needed Reaper for his skills. "Tch. Whatever you say. Now, where are we this time?" Reaper took a look around and spotted a even more ruined city than the one they were previously in. And a very tall and large tower in the center, or at least it looked like the center. "Hmph. Looks like we got dropped into someone's domain." And as he spoke, several monsters began to engage:
MrmjnQG.png

"Hmph. A welcoming committee. Widowmaker, prepare yourself." "Tch. Don't need to tell me twice." She responded back, switching her Widow's Kiss from Sniper to Assault Mode as both she and Reaper were standing back to back, rotating in a circle as they were killing monsters left and right that began to attack. Who else could drop in on them?

@Hahli Nuva

Unknown World
Abandoned Weapons Factory
Tyber Zann and Urai Fen

Just as they were inside of their ship, a Neon Green light absorbed the two and began to transport them, again, as they were deposited at a entirely new location in the world. As they came to, they discovered that it was a... Abandoned Weapons Factory? Upon closer inspection, there appeared to be a series of deactivated droids in the walls, almost reminiscent of the old Droideka Models he reactivated on Utapou for his empire, the Zann Consortium. This immediately intrigued Tyber and made Urai question him:

"Tyber, I know what you're thinking. You're planning on taking over this Factory, correct?" "Indeed, Urai. Don't you recognise the similarities between this factory and the one we discovered back on Utapau? Imagine if we got this factory up and running again, we could build a base somewhere on this planet and begin our domination, slowly but surely corrupting the planet and bending it to us." "It's an excellent plan Tyber, do you require me to scout out ahead for any control panel?" "As much as I'd like for that to be what you do, Urai, I'd rather you stay with me as we search. We knew it was abandoned in our Universe, but this world is completely unknown. Who knows what we'll find here." "Affirmative. Following your lead Tyber."

Anyone that was already teleported into the Abandoned Weapons Factory could possibly overhear their entrance and conversation, if they chose to listen in.

@Agent Puncake

Ying had always been a believer in magic. Fate, destiny, whatever it was called. MAgic was a gift to her, something her people used to not only better their lives but to help others who couldn't help themselves. Ying, due to her beauty and power, was one of th emost sought after mages in the realm. Her natural prowess with magic and healing made her a valauble asset to the Paladins and their battle against The Magistrate.

This place was not her home. She couldn't remember the last time she woke up in a desolate and bleak landscape, surrounded by darkness and fear. She oculd sense a great evil, something she hadn't felt for a good ten years back home. Outside, she could hear the screams of innocent people as monsters tore them apart, ending their lives as quickly as blowing out an old candle.

Ying quickly found her mirror, rushing outside, only to find two warriors fending off monsters. One was a purple woman using a rifle and the other looked to be the fabled Godslayer himself. It wasn't the mighty spectre Androxus after all. He was a mortal man, but she sensed something different about him. Something dark.

The young mage quickly created an illusion of herself to help ard off th emonsters, blasting any that came her way with light magic.

@Raynar Saassin

As each monster was being obliterated by Reaper's Hellfire Shotguns and Widowmaker's Assault/Sniper Rifle, they couldn't help but chuckle as each rat, Magna Roader and Hill Gigas went down, with the Hill Giga's being slightly tougher to take down. But as they took on monster after monster, they noticed something.

Someone else was also taking them out. But who? It looked magical but nothing like what they've seen. Widowmaker was too focused on keeping herself alive while Reaper see the need to confront whoever was assisting them. Finding the source of the other attacks, Reaper discovered a woman who appeared to be firing some kind of projectile out of something, as he couldn't quite see what. Walking over to the woman, he began to point one of his Hellfire Shotguns towards her while firing at the horde of monsters with the other, shooting the woman quite the look.

SPeDREn.png

"Who are you? This is none of your concern, I have this handled. Unless you'd like to find out what Death looks like when it blossoms, you'd best stay out of my way."

@Hahli Nuva

Ying narrowed her eyes at the man, summoning her illusions to her side. She had faced similar threats like him before. A simple skull mask and gun were not going to deter her.

"I'm not afraid of you! Leave me alone!"

On top of a nearby building, a being watched as Ying wa sbeing confronted. The being drew his magic revolver, infusing it with his power before leaping off of the rooftop and flash stepping in mid air, firing off four shots that killed mosto f the monsters in the area with large energy explosions.

paladins-ying-illusionen-970x500.jpg

@Raynar Saassin

"Hmph." Reaper simply gave off a hmph as she was clearly looking for a fight as she appeared to summon forth illusion clones of herself. Just as she did that however, another horde of monsters began to spawn:

5H6nHjQ.png

"Your silly magic tricks are nothing more than a facade. And these creatures are nothing more than Cannon Fodder. Death walks among you and it's time to Reap." He exclaimed in his deep voice as he began to spawn forth a large amount of shadows underneath him as he began to spin incredibly fast, engulfing the area around him as he began rapidly spraying his Hellfire Shotguns in a bullet-hell style tornado, beginning to annihilate all the monsters around him and using it to attack the woman.

VSOII5V.gif

"DIE! DIE! DIE!"

Meanwhile . . .

Widowmaker was just finishing off the horde of monsters that had attacked them first when all of a sudden, energy shots came from a nearby rooftop as some monsters began exploding in green energy. Widowmaker quickly turned to the source of the gunfire and saw that it was... a Reaper look-a-like? No... Reaper doesn't look green or anything like that.

images

"Tch. Amateur. Let the true sniper show you how it's done." She muttered to herself as she quickly changed her Widow's Kiss from Assault to Sniper Mode and began firing 50% additional power shots towards the hooded man, not letting up once with her aim. "Whoever you are, you're not Reaper. I wonder if you actually know how to aim unlike him."

@Hahli Nuva

Ying shifted back, using her illusions to protect her from Reaper's assault. The man was obviously unhinged in some way. She didn't have time to ponder it. Instead, she used her mirror to fling energy blasts at the beasts, driving them into Reaper's carnage.

Androxus had lived for many millenia. He had come across a great many warriors all proclaiming their power, and he had put down each and every one of them with ease. None had been able to withstand a single shot of his Accursed Arm. The woman that stood before him looked of little interest, though for now he needed information.

5ccf6e7e956084d218e769b6d6a5bba2.jpg

"Move aside, mortal. I am the Godslayer, Androxus. I have come to bring justice to this hive of villainy, and you will not deter me."

@Raynar Saassin

This only caused Widowmaker to laugh at his announcement. To her eyes he looked nothing more than a Reaper Cosplayer, with the mask and the energy aura around him that he probably recoloured so that he wouldn't look 100% like Reaper, and changed the weapon from a Shotgun to a Revolver.

tumblr_o53xydSovS1qcxzu2o5_250.gif

"Hmm. Hmhmhmhm. Amateur. You don't quite look the part~ Looks like I'll have to put you down---" Her retort was cut short however as one of the Monsters that Reaper had slaughtered in his Death Blossom had been slingshotted towards her, causing her to duck quickly. "Reaper! Let's swap places, this guy really seems to want to impersonate you."

Meanwhile . . .

Reaper continued spraying all over the shadows, causing quite the array of chaos despite the woman's attempt to launch more of the incoming monsters towards him. "Hmph. You really think your illusion tricks and launching those monsters at me is going to change anything?" That was when he overheard Widowmaker:

"Reaper! Let's swap places, this guy really seems to want to impersonate you."

This caused Reaper to twitch a little. Someone was daring to look like him? Preposterous! No one could possibly imitate him and get away with it. No one! "Hmph. We'll fight again, woman. For now though, you deal with my Partner." He then released a puff of shadows as he shadowstepped towards the fake, while Widowmaker grappled towards the woman.

Once Widow had grappled towards the girl, she looked her over and gave off a smile while holding her Widow's Kiss in front of her.

bwNjtom.png

"Foolish girl~ You should of heeded Reaper's warning while you had the chance~"

Meanwhile Reaper had successfully Shadowstepped in front of the other and stared him down.

reaper.png

"Hmph. What are you supposed to be? My Doppelganger? You look nothing like me..."

@Hahli Nuva

Ying narrowed her eyes at this new challenger. Was that Kinessa? No... She looked sick, like she had been afflicted by some sort of curse. "I'm not afraid of him or you. I don't know why I'm here, but if I can save just one person it'll be worth it! Step aside or face my power!"

Summoning her Illusions once more, Ying prepared to face Widowmaker in combat. She didn't look like she had a lot of defense options. She seemed fast, judging by how quickly she was able to scale the building. Ying charged her mirror, and prepared to engage her new foe.

Androxus laughed coldly. His eyes flashed green as he scanned Reaper's body.

"We finally meet, Gabriel Reyes. Your misguided attempts to attain your former status and gain revenge on your partner are pathetic. I have gained knowledge of your existence during my time travelling through the realms. You are of no concern to me, mortal. I will give you the same warning I did the woman. Step aside or face true power."

@Raynar Saassin

"Tch. You think that's supposed to intimidate me?" Reaper exclaimed with a chuckle as he tossed his Hellfire Shotguns onto the floor. After doing so, he pulled out a fresh pair and looked at him dead in the eyes.

b77Epzt.png

"Come at me. Let's see just who is the most deadliest close-quarters master. I don't play nice."

Meanwhile

4a447d1ab5cc2e41217ae6a39d13a44d812a978c_hq.gif

"Tch. Silly illusions." Widowmaker commented as she gave a look, preparing her Widow's Kiss. As soon as she finished, she immediately swapped it to Sniper Mode and grappled to a nearby building while also taking aim towards the woman as she fired several shots while scoped in. She was a deadly assailant, and knew exactly how to position herself mid-air for shots, being ever so precise.

@Hahli Nuva

Androxus chuckled, his face unreadable under his mask.

"I warned you...."

The ghostly specter leapt high into the air, arm gathering green magical enery before his revolver spit three large shots of magic ki at Reaper's location.

latest

Ying forced one of her Illusions to tank the hit as she floated into the air. Summoning another Illusion near Widowmaker, she sent her clone to fire upon the purple woman while she warped to the same area, taking cover behind a large metal block to refresh her abilities.

@Raynar Saassin

Ping!

Cal started. On his HUD, a video feed was transferred through the camera of one of his Iris drones, positioned near where he and Redline teleported in. As he watched, the video played again, showing another two green flashes which produced two more humanoid figures. Below it, a list scrolled through.

LIFE SIGNS: DETECTED
WEAPONS: AFFIRMATIVE
THAUMATURGICAL ITEMS: INCONCLUSIVE
THAUMATURGICAL INFLUENCES: AFFIRMATIVE
ONTOLOGICAL INFLUENCES: INCONCLUSIVE
THREAT PRIORITY: ORANGE

"Shit." He started to run deeper into the complex, hoping to find a console or such to activate some of the robots before the newcomers do. On his HUD, the playback was replaced by a live feed, showing the two newcomers conversing - again something about some place far, far away - and proceeding towards Redline and, more importantly, himself.

He let the second drone loose and commanded both to cloak themselves, ordering them to transfer a live feed to his suit, expanding into a full feed whenever the second drone detect their movements, as he himself proceeded deeper into the facility.

Redline, on the other hand, browsed a smaller terminal aimlessly. Whoever worked on it previously either had basically no clearance levels, or each terminal was restricted to the access of certain information. He did not, however, miss the green flashes, and the exchange of the two newcomers. As the proceeded towards the interior, he stepped away from the terminal, purposefully blending himself in with shadows.

"Who goes there?"

@Raynar Saassin

Androxus chuckled, his face unreadable under his mask.

"I warned you...."

The ghostly specter leapt high into the air, arm gathering green magical enery before his revolver spit three large shots of magic ki at Reaper's location.

latest

"Hmph. The way he jumped up and fires his shots reminds me all too well of Akande." Reaper muttered to himself as he jumped to the side to dodge the first shot, then jumped upwards to just barely dodge the second shot, but knew he wasn't quick enough to dodge the third shot so he activated his Wraith Form to disappear in a faint illusion of Shadows as he moved around to get a better angle. Once he went out of Wraith Form, he began slowly walking towards Androxus and began firing his Hellfire Shotguns towards him, sending strong red shells towards him.

giphy.gif

Ying forced one of her Illusions to tank the hit as she floated into the air. Summoning another Illusion near Widowmaker, she sent her clone to fire upon the purple woman while she warped to the same area, taking cover behind a large metal block to refresh her abilities.

Widowmaker continued to fire high-powered shots with her Widow's Kiss as she elegantly grappled from Rooftop to Rooftop around the general area as she hit precise headshots against the illusions that would come her way. To protect herself against the incoming fire, she would quickly change to Assault Mode and fire at the incoming projectiles while continuing to grapple around. She was quite evasive and was determined to hit her shots while dodging the other's shots.

"Step into my parlour like a spider to the fly~" She exclaimed as she taunted Ying to follow her. If she was to follow her, Widowmaker would grapple between two Chimneys and sneakily place a Venom Mine, completely covered by the bricks behind her that would trigger on proximity, causing a cloud of venom to appear.

giphy.gif

@Hahli Nuva

Ping!

Cal started. On his HUD, a video feed was transferred through the camera of one of his Iris drones, positioned near where he and Redline teleported in. As he watched, the video played again, showing another two green flashes which produced two more humanoid figures. Below it, a list scrolled through.

LIFE SIGNS: DETECTED
WEAPONS: AFFIRMATIVE
THAUMATURGICAL ITEMS: INCONCLUSIVE
THAUMATURGICAL INFLUENCES: AFFIRMATIVE
ONTOLOGICAL INFLUENCES: INCONCLUSIVE
THREAT PRIORITY: ORANGE

"Shit." He started to run deeper into the complex, hoping to find a console or such to activate some of the robots before the newcomers do. On his HUD, the playback was replaced by a live feed, showing the two newcomers conversing - again something about some place far, far away - and proceeding towards Redline and, more importantly, himself.

He let the second drone loose and commanded both to cloak themselves, ordering them to transfer a live feed to his suit, expanding into a full feed whenever the second drone detect their movements, as he himself proceeded deeper into the facility.

Redline, on the other hand, browsed a smaller terminal aimlessly. Whoever worked on it previously either had basically no clearance levels, or each terminal was restricted to the access of certain information. He did not, however, miss the green flashes, and the exchange of the two newcomers. As the proceeded towards the interior, he stepped away from the terminal, purposefully blending himself in with shadows.

"Who goes there?"

As the Crime Lord and his faithful companion explored the depths of the Abandoned Weapons Facility, they had thoughts in their minds. Were they being watched? It would seem like it as a voice emerged from nowhere:

"Who goes there?"

Taking the opportunity, Urai nodded to Tyber and then disappear as he activated his personal cloaking device, aiming to find the Master Control Unit of the building in order to activate it for their side.

"Ah. You must the automated defence system, yes? I'm fully aware that some abandoned facilities might have an AI installed." Tyber muttered, continuing to walk slowly despite the voice he was hearing. Clutching his right pocket for his weapon, he continued to interact with the voice. "Now I don't know what exactly this world is, but I do know that this factory is my stepping stone to setting up the Zann Consortium once more. Now you'd be best to allow me full access to this facility, or I'll just have to take it."

@Agent Puncake

Meanwhile up in Kefka's Tower . . .

Kefka was minding his own business, sitting up at the top of his Tower observing the destruction he had created. Surrounded by the Light of Judgement's power orbs, he contemplated his next move.

"Uwee hah hah! This is great! Everyone's hopes and dreams... crushed underneath my godlike boot! And they all went down like Chocobos to the Slaughter!" He laughed to himself as he gloated about his destructive response to all those citizens that dared mock him. And look what happened: Kefka's Tower was constructed right in the center of the city, all the citizens that weren't obliterated by his magic were serving him against their will, and any surrounding villages were either doing the same or obliterated by his Judgement. However something was amiss...

There was fighting going on underneath and around the destroyed City that surrounds his Tower, which brought him great amusement as well as torment. Who dared to enter his realm and kill the monsters he worked so hard to create using his godly magic? Blasphemy! Madness! No, Inconceivable! And he was determined to spice things up a little bit...

"Ohohohoh~ Sounds like there's some fighting going on! Excellent! But also rude that they chose to do it on MY domain! Let's spice things up a little!" He exclaimed as he used some of his magic to summon forth a Boss-like creature known as Ultima Weapon. It immediately dropped from the top of his Tower and landed in their general location, causing a powerful shockwave as it declared it's presence.

latest

"My name is Ultima Weapon... I am power both ancient and unrivaled... I do not bleed, for I am but strength given form... Feeble creatures of flesh... Your time is nigh!"

@Hahli Nuva

Redline frowned. AI? He'd forgot all about this possibility - warning Cal is out of the picture, however. One of them went invisible, likely went deeper into the facility to look for whatever Cal is looking for. He'd best buy him some time.

A red hard-light shield sprang up some twenty meters down, blocking the corridor. Redline himself answered Tyber, trying his best to emulate whatever it is that AIs do: "Identification is needed to grant full access to this facility. Please present them."

Cal, meanwhile, glanced back and spotted the shield. His forward drone also pinged him once more, warning him of a cloaked humanoid figure approaching him from the other side of the shield. He hastened his footsteps.

@Raynar Saassin

Tyber saw what appeared to be a portable shield deployed just ahead of him as he found the source of the voice. Giving him a somewhat superior expression on his face, Tyber held his weapon upwards against his shoulder as he spoke.

"You do a very poor Artificial Intelligence impersonation. My defilers pulled off impersonations better then that and they are how I successfully corrupt Planets and bribe my way past Rebel and Imperial Fleets." Tyber exclaimed. "If it's Identification you're after, I sadly do not carry it around. Why else do you think I'm regarded as a Crime Lord, you'd really believe I'd carry ID if I got captured? Not like I'll ever be captured."

Meanwhile Urai continued to slip past them and delve further into the Factory. After constant use of his cloaking device, he's almost perfected the art of stealth as he has assassinated numerous targets for Tyber. He did, however, catch on that he might be encountering a obstacle so he prepared himself for an encounter.

@Agent Puncake

"Crime lord? Imperial Fleets?" Redline nodded. "Of course. You're like me, aren't you? From a universe strange and exotic, pulled into this... hellish place by a green flash?"

Cal, on the other hand, reached what seems to be the control room. Wasting no time, he began to try and open the door, linking into the door's electronic systems while ALFRED did his work. The Vulture detached itself and flew up onto the ceiling, where it hovered silently.

Back