The Exchange Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

tuwéni ★
Forum Moderator: Bulletin Board
Benefactor
— Setting —
Sakowin is an exchange student apart of the Intergalactic Exchange Student Program - a program developed by the United Stellar Coalition, as hopes for the youngest of their species to learn and interact more with one another's planets, local culture, and history. The youngest species to join USC were the Terran Sapients known officially as, "Humanity." Sakowin happens to be one of the few Sapients to be selected to participate in IESP. Essek-13 is selected at random to host Sakowin for the duration of twelve months until the end of the exchange program. Essek-13 is expected to help Sakowin learn more about their planet and everything about their species. The one thing preventing from this happening is Essek-13's planet was never a part of the IESP and Essek-13’s Species were among the few who hated Humanity for the war they raged against them in an attempt to free their slaves and to reinstate freedom across their chain of planets. For this, Essek-13 and Sakowin are at odds with one another. Until Sakowin's placement is fixed, Sakowin is stuck in Essek-13's care and planet until it is officially repaired.

Last edited:
The sound of heeled boots clicked against the sleek surface, the pair belonging to a student who was walking at a brisk pace towards the central part of USC Station. She wasn’t the only one making their way to join up with the various students from distinct parts of the large station, floating in the vastness of space. There was a PA all across the station about the Intergalactic Exchange Student Program, those with a new message from the head of USC were selected to take part in the freshly created program. The student made her way towards the forefront, finding minor difficulty in bypassing her peers as she finally arrived. A large hologram comes to life, showing the face of the Director of USC, though gender unknown, the Director were one of the few species who were glad the Humans got rid of the former system.

“Students of USC U, I am sure you have lingering questions and you may ask them via your EVA. Simply put, we on the board of USC have decided that you will be our first subjects in a proposed solution to learn more about one another’s origins. If you feel as though you would not like to participate, please exit to the left now.” The Director’s beady eyes looked around at the crowd.

Some selected participants left the room. The Director cleared their throat, “Now, those of you who chosen to stay will be given the opportunity to study and learn about your desired planet.” This brought the crowd to murmur among themselves. It intrigued many while a few were still lost. “For a more in-depth version of the proposal, please access your EVAs and check your student portal messages. As of now, once you select your desired planet, your name will be placed in a lottery. A Host will be selected by lottery and with your name attached to the ticket, you will live there and experience first-hand at your desired planet’s home world. If you find yourself placed with a displeasing Host, you may dispute the claim via EVA. We will ping you shortly after this PA and students, please be on your best behavior. For some of you, there will be few of your kind taking part in such a grand event. We look forward to your testimonials once the program has ended. Thank you for sparing time to attend this PA, please return to your classes. Don’t forget to check your EVAs after class.”

The hologram disappears and everyone’s already checking their EVAs. The first one out the door is the same student who made her way towards the front. The trial program intrigued her before it disturbed her lessons. The student would’ve been annoyed if it weren’t from USC, themselves calling for her. Dismissing her useless thoughts, she crossed the platform, above her were transparent ceilings to see to the vast space outside; a bright white, dying star was far from the station and gave them the energy they needed. In the heart of an entire new galaxy, she could call this place home after leaving Terra Citadel back in the Milky Way.

Turning into the station’s own transport station, she waited for the train to come. While doing so, she turned her left palm up, opening it to greet EVA, the blue feminine AI coming alive, “Greetings Ms. Genesis, time has passed to check your biotics and to return to your lessons. You have 22 new messages and 10 missed invoice calls. Would you like to check them now?”

For each student on the station, they each had an EVA installed in their desired hand, a small, harmless chip to slip beneath the skin. Each EVA is uniquely tailored to each student’s personality and interests. Their EVAs voice would only be for their ears only. If onlookers were to see them speaking to their EVA, they could hear no audio.

Sakowin check the time, the train would be arrive shortly, “Check for a message from the Director or pertaining to the exchange program they mentioned.” She retorts.

“Checking… 1 Urgent message from USC. Do you wish to continue?”

“Sure, there’s nothing else I have for the next hour. Read me the message.”

The transporter arrived just as her EVA started reading off the message to her. She boarded and found a seat among the few passengers. Genesis noted the few beings who were likely selected for the program too, taking a seat off towards the back of the transporter.

Last edited:
Classes at USC were interesting, but one would miss their planet given time. Bavethjan were not welcome with open arms anywhere that had dealt with their oppression, with reason of course. But a small group of a younger generation of organics had been admitted a few years prior. The non organic Bavethjan had been conctacted, but they had shown zero to no interest in making amends with any organic races. They had their own business with a different organization. The NOLA, Non Organic Lifeforms Alliance.

Essek was in Translators and Non Verbal Languages 2 when the PA was broadcasted, loud and clear. They heard the notifications pooling into their inbox, from the USC, from their EVA, from their group of fellow Bavs... It made them sigh, looking over at one of their siblings that shared a class with them. The annoyance was present in their features as well. Even if they wouldn't be going anywhere, not allowed yet, they could be hosts and welcome non-problematic foreigners into their planet. The handful of chosen races had just either never dealt with them before, or they were fellow ex-colonizers who could sympathise with their situation. Their family hoped for the latter, so they could share their views, which were probably similar anyway.

"Heard the PA?" Asked their sibling, Verras, once the class was over.

"What?, of course... We were sitting right there. Did I look that distracted?" Answered Essek.

"No!, well... maybe. Who do you think we'll get?"

"I'm hoping for the Flavians or Ateresken. The guardians would like them more, but as long as they're enthusiastic about the culture..."

"...It doesn't matter, yes, I know. We all know, and everyone in the group is excited for the news!."

"I don't know if excited is the right word. Nervous, maybe. I'm always nervous."

"You worry too much, Essek."

"Eh..."

"I'll see you tonight in the assigned pool?, I have VI programming next."

"Sure!, see you there Var"

Their classes were over for the cycle anyway, so Essek headed to the virtual simulation areas. It let them build a small, room sized habitat that was friendly to any of the species they could get. Then, sending the compressed VR home would make sure everything was ready for the time they arrived.
The notifications filled their inbox, but they silenced it all. For now, some peace was just what they needed.

Sakowin was looking down at her EVA as she relayed the information to her. Among all the students attending USC U, she—among the humans chosen—would be part of a handful at most. The young student disembarked from the transporter after her stop was announced, only being her and a few other students departing. This level welcomed those who were interested in Sciences and wanted to know how the environment and biology of different species worked. You could say she was literally made to excel in the study of Science. Her parents just didn’t think she would be into Xenobiology.

She looked up at the Xenobiology title scrolling across the top of the door frame. Sakowin wanted to help those unable to help themselves and most importantly, those who couldn’t afford top Doctors to tend to permanent wounds. She was willing enough to learn this far; she hoped it would help those helpless in the future. Taking her usual seat, the Professor walked shortly in after all the students trickled in.

The current subject of interest to her were the water beings of the planet, Bibi. They were able to thrive in both environments off land and underwater. The species of this planet. She hoped to get to know more. A closer inspection of their culture, language, and how they normally operated within their environment she was wishing to look at. She caught herself wondering which of the families on Bibi would be gracious enough to host her and she pondered how she would adjust to their environment, one she would not be familiar with.

One would think that in an era of not only interstellar travel, but colony building, and travelling without end, and more, an academic error such as mistaking two very similar words... wouldn't happen. However, there were two planets that were both, mainly aquatic, and had the same number of letters in their name. Bibi, a pacific, human allied world... and BIBI, a dangerous, colonizer world that was not a human enemy only by the intervention of the whole planetary group. Both had few surface level builds, both had organic inhabitants whose main color palette consisted mainly of blue hues, and both looked the same from an interstellar map. They were located far from each other, though, but still within a same galaxy.

Essek finished arranging the necessities, and sent the file named Flvn_accmmdtn to their friend and supporter Goddev, who was majoring in Interior Design, applied to Interspecies Relations. They'd make sure the colors, design and everything else related to comfort was good enough for the incoming species. Now, next they'd move on to the Ateresken. Hm, lots of ice for this one in particular.

It wasn't long before they got a link to a private chatgroup with the person that had been assigned to them. The first contact always was anonymous, since the other would already know about your planet. But still, that way more prestigious families, or less accomodated groups were not discriminated against.

By then, Essek had finished the second room and they had sent it to Goddev. Now, a sort of... constricting feeling twisted around their guts, and they stared at the space that would allow them to start a proper conversation. Should they really be the firsts to comment?. Perhaps it was better to wait...

Sakowin went through the rest of her lessons without interruptions. After heading out of her last lesson for the day, she headed back towards her assigned room. On the station, it was required to have a roommate, but with strings pulled, Sakowin was able to get her own room—even if it were small. Though she wouldn’t be left alone for long as a headache was coming her way. One of the junior students, who always bugged her at any chance he could get.

So, when the male sauntered towards her, she held up a hand, “Not today, Cline. I’m busy.” It was a lie. She wasn’t busy tonight, but she would after today.

“But I had a whole—” Cline is interjected by his EVA popping from his palm, telling him to head to his next class.

Sakowin quirked a brow at him, continuing to walk towards her room, which was back in the transporter's direction. The male stopped her by grabbing her forearm, “Please, give me one last chance! I won’t mess it up this time!” He pleaded.

She narrowed her gaze on him, “You mess up this time and you don’t bother me for the rest of the school year.” She brokered a deal.

“Deal!” Cline accepted immediately.

“Saturday evening. I can open a slot then. If you don’t show up down to the T, then you can consider it fallen through.” She added.

The male practically danced as he set a reminder with his EVA and headed off with a ‘thank you!’ and ‘You won’t regret this!’ Sakowin shook her head and joined the flow of students heading towards the transporter. Seems a majority of them were just finishing up their lessons. Once she arrived, her EVA pinged her, causing her to open her left palm. The blue feminine AI took form, sending her an alert about a new chatroom opening up.

What?’ It confused her. Did USC add something else to the fine print, was it added after she read it over? The graduate was getting ready to open the chatroom when the transporter showed up. Closing her palm, she continued to the tram and found a spot near the back. It was near full, like a packed full of sardines. The student re-opened the chatroom again, seeing the chatroom with two other anonymous users. This must’ve been a way to get them to break the ice before getting shipped off to her desired planet.

The transporter was going towards its next direction as she typed in a simple greeting;

Hello.

When that unfamiliar alarm pinged them for a response, Essek was already on their way to the resident Bavethjan common room. It was adjacent to the resting pools, and with some luck the family would be alright with some sleep inducing substances being put in the waters during their resting cycle. Otherwise, Essek wasn't sure they'd be able to sleep. It felt... wrong, to be this nervous. They were more than ready!.

Halfway to the commons, they stopped to get some crispers at a vending machine. These actually used credits... it had been surprising for the Bavethjan, used as they were to have these sort of thing available for free in their own planetary facilities.

Munching on the dried fish and algae cubes, licking the salt off of their fingers, Essek enjoyed a few minutes of silence. The hallways were almost empty, except for the occassional tired soul that didn't even spare them a look. They knew that feeling as well, times when the lot of them, all Bavs had just blindly dragged themselves into the room, taken off their shoes and dropped into the closest pool. But it passed... And so would this. Enough stalling.

Greetings!,
It's my pleasure to finally meet you.
How are things going for you? : : )

Maybe the friendly face was too much...

"Essek!, what are you doing there??, come with us!" It was Verras, and Essek put the chat away and joined them.

Greetings!,
It’s my pleasure to finally meet you.
How are things going for you? : : )

The three little bubbles stopped popping up after they sent the message. Sakowin looked at it, puzzled at the friendly message. All she sent was a simple, ‘Hello,’ and was sent back something beyond her expectations. She pondered what they would look like in person, she saw the different blues they were, and nearly 50% of Bibi were naturally born with gills. The other half walked around on land, looking more humanoid, though sported the same blue palette as their counterparts under the water.

Sakowin was one of the few who disliked texting, much preferring face-to-face if possible. It seemed a nuisance and words were often misinterpreted through the digital screen. She looked up to see her stop coming up, then back down to the keyboard to reply back with;

I am well, though we haven’t officially met.
USC never mentioned texting in their reports, but I’m not opposed to “breaking the ice” via text.
How are you?

She sent it and close the chat just as the transporter stopped. Being among the few to get off at this station, she disembarked from the tram. Finding herself walking towards her room, which wasn’t far from the transporter. Sakowin found it accommodating that she didn’t have to walk far. Sakowin, though a student of Xenobiology, always gave a distinct impression to those who might spot her. She loved fashion as much as the next, finding it satisfying to match outfits together, which was why many mistook her for being apart of the fashion department.

Inside the room, it was large with the usual accommodating features provided by the station. In her luck, they gave her a room with an enormous window from ceiling-to-floor, giving her a grand view of the white star and the vastness of space. The student discarded her white blazer, slipped off her heeled boots, and made her way to the holo-computer. It lit up with EVA on the transparent hologram coming to life, “Welcome home, Genesis.”

"Want some?" Said Essek to Verras. The latter nodded, and they walked in silence for a bit, with only the crunching and munching to disturb the silence.

"I talked to them"Blurted Essek all of a sudden, making Verras' eyes widen.

"Like Properly?, are they cool??"

"No!, I mean not properly. Apparently the USC organized some sort of chat service"

"Oooh, alright, I like it. So you don't know shite about them yet, then?"

"No, Ver, I don't. But I'll text them now from the pool." Answered Essek, as they finally entered the populated room the Bavethjan all shared.

"Where are they going??" Asked someone else to Verras, seeing Essek march a ways away towards one of the furthest pools.

.-.-.

Eager to oficially meet you
Tomorrow at the cafeteria in the southern part of the station?

The sooner the better anyway, and Essek would rather not spend more time building room maps they wouldn't need at all. They took off their shoes and station uniform, leaving only their undersuit.
It was a relief when they finally jumped into a pool, their gills opening and fluttering as the breathing changed and it got adjusted for the water. Were they good at texting, even?. What race would this alien be?, maybe a Flavian, please let it be a flavian...

"Welcome home, Essek-13" Said their personal EVA, only getting some bubbles in response.
"You have 12 unread messages, 2 evaluations and 9 notifications from the buuble app."
Their favourite time of the cycle, quietly reviewing messages and evaluations on an underwater screen.

The Uni Student poured herself some water, the glass pitcher ringing against the glass cup, the sounds of the water filling it up. She placed it back down, grabbed the two pills from the marble surface and took them, downing them with the water. Sakowin was without flaws in her genetic make-up, but she still took stimulants to increase her focus on her studies. She found it manageable, taking them in intricate douses to not get addicted to them. There was just too much pressure and expectations riding on her.

She lounged onto the white, pristine sofa and flicked on the holo-TV, letting the news program play. The Anchors being of different species spoke into translators that translated into English for her. There was a high jacking of medical supplies on one of the allied planets. The high-jackers being from the one species, BIBI, the ones who fiercely opposed the Humans in their ideals of giving up their colonising ways. On their own home planets, there were regulations in place to make sure slavery wasn’t thriving again. Things might’ve gone awry on one of their chain-linked planets. It made her wonder if BIBI were having a hard time medically.

Then came in the latest invention from the human pharmaceutical company, Genesis. Apparently, they marketed the same DNA editing software they made when she was concocted in a lab back on Terra Citadel. She flipped the channel to some daytime show she didn’t care to actually watch; it provided as background noise.

EVA opened up the chatroom from earlier;

Eager to officially meet you
Tomorrow at the cafeteria in the southern part of the station?

Sakowin arched a perfectly sculpted eyebrow, ‘Might as well rip off the band-aid.’ She thought as she replied to the anonymous user;

O. K
Noon.

She picked the time after they chose the place. It was a perfect slot for her schedule tomorrow. Sakowin would resume her normal, hectic schedule after the interruption today. She opened her EVA and started going over messages that were of importance and giving terse responses to the ones that were less important. It was a hassle, but would be worth it down the road.

Last edited:
O. K
Noon.

Who typed like that?, It made Essek re-think what race this could be... not Flavians, they didn't do that kind of punctuations ever. It was considered very rude. Perhaps just newcomer of a former allied race.

"Ese, come quick!!" Said Verras, suddenly jumping into their pool and practically dragging them out.

"What the djarded, Ver??, I'm busy!" Complained Essek once they were both out of the pool. In response, their fellow Bavethjan only pointed at the holo-screen that someone had turned on. News of people from their planet attacking a medical facility in a human-allied planet.

"It's no wonder they're having to do that... have you heard how things are in the Vivian sea?. My family are only allowed togo to the collection once a meta-cycle." Said a younger student, Ozzar.

"...Once a meta-cycle?. But their income-" Said Essek, knowing with their economic system in place that was impossible. Bavethjan citizens did not starve under their own law.

"Forget about the income, they... wanted me to come here and succeed. Sacrifices had to be made, and we know humanity will enforce capitalism wherever they go. Some day they'll pay for what they're doing." Said Ozzar, their face contorted into a hiss and a growl.

"But that's not the way. Keep it up like this and they will end us. now they can." Said Essek, knowing Ozzar was right anyway. Humanity was obsessed with charging for everything, and not caring if their people died off. Even medical centers and medical supplies were costly. But slowly,they were being pushed off of BIBI.

"No one will do anything about it until they cross that line. This is djar shite." Said Ozzar then, turning off the holo-screen and jumping into a pool. other six Bavs went in after them, for comfort probably.

Essek folded their arms, looking at Verras. There wasn't a solution in their eyes, of course, but it helped when the other gave them a soft pat on the shoulder. They both, along another few of them, joined Ozzar in their pool. It was packed tonight, it seemed, but there was nothing as comforting as the bubbling of a fellow Bavj besides you while you rested.

Following the next morning, Sakowin was already in her own lab area, testing a theoretical medicinal-liquid that would help seal open wounds on Bibi. She wanted to show off what she could make when her drive was a given to helping their kind. Sakowin had been there since 0500, relying on energy shots—literally—to keep her energy up. Sometimes she disliked being human. Everything wasn’t all too great about being a sapient species from what they called, The Milky Way. Turns out Humanity was a bipedal, walking species that shouldn’t have been able to survive that far out in the cold corner of the galaxy. And yet, here they were, light years outside their hub of where they originated, and dominating a different galaxy now.

Looking into the microscope, she watched as the tiny molecules struggled to attack the invading force. There was a specific type in Bibi’s DNA that resisted against healing properties. In times like now, Sakowin thought it a perfect idea to help them heal faster. Though it was a small kindness she could grant them, it was a step in the right path of reaching towards her ultimate goal; helping those unable to help themselves. Unlike her parents, she wasn’t satisfied with just helping humans upgrade, to defeat diseases of unknown origin, or even to sell it—she wanted to do this more or less, to elicit some feeling of gratitude in her own self. All her life, she’s been told again and again that she wasn’t capable of feeling human emotion or that she was actually just a robot.

Again, the experiment failed. She pulled back from the scope and looked at her EVA, who was watching her the entire time, patiently with a message from the Head of USC again. Sakowin opened up the message;

Dear Ms. Genesis,
Among the participants in the program, you are rare among of the human species to experiment in our proposal. Upon your acceptance, you were automatically added into a lottery. For better experience, this lottery designates you toward your new host family until the end of twelve earth months. Below is where you will be staying. If you find your host family unwelcoming and undesirable of your expectations, please submit a ticket below in the link via your EVA.

Participant #XA22YU706
Desired Planet: BIBI
Host Family Located: Vessekian pools, 13, Bethesdan et Imperious Bavethj ur Impetus, Bode

We thank you again for your participation.

Head of USC U,
Xuaaz Ueituax

To dispute or file a complaint: https://usc.help.ex/file-claim/

In honesty, Sakowin skimmed the details, missing the acronyms not correlating to the planet she wanted. Instead, she dismissed it and told EVA to put herself on ‘Do Not Disturb’ mode and went back to working on her experiment. Hoping something would come of this before she was to depart from the station.

Last edited:
At the beginning of the next cycle, Essek crawled out of the overpopulated pool as best as they could without waking others. Although they may or may not have elbowed someone's nose on their way out.
Oh, well.

After freshening up and getting properly dressed for an almost normal "Saturday" on the station, they went out to the more recreational areas for a morning run. Sleeping every 18 to 24 hours was... a bother for Bavethjan. Their own cycles were 52 earthen hours long, and they usually rested only for the last 10. But humanity had come in with their 24 hour long cycles, 7 day weeks and 12 months of a year. And everyone else had only been too happy to adapt...
Enough, Ozzar's rant last cycle must have affected them more than they thought. Better to focus on running now.
It was nice, feeling the air rush past their crest and forgetting about everything. Ah, the rush of temporary ignorance that Bavethjan cherished.

It was all over after a dry shower, Essek looked over their messages and then silenced the EVA as they went to the cafeteria for some nourishment. Verras and Goddev where there, so they sat together and chatted amicably about the possibilities their new guest would bring.

Eventually, Goddev had to go do some work, and Essek insisted that Verras should also go. The last thing they needed was to overwhelm or scare away they new guest. Especially if it was a Flavian.

Should they have not muted their EVA, they would have seen the urgent messages from their family as well as the official message from the USC.

To Essek-13
Among the participants in the program, you are but a few of the Bavethjan species to experiment in our proposal. Since you’ve accepted, we dropped your name into a lottery. Below is the designated guest your family will host. Do not worry, we’ve sent specified instructions to your family, but in case of any mistake or any trouble with your guest, we ask that you submit a ticket in the link below to EVA.

Participant #420G18XXV
Host Planet: BIBI
Host Family Located: Vessekian pools, 13, Bethesdan et Imperious Bavethj ur Impetus, Bode

We thank you again for your participation.

Galaxial Relations,
Avecce Nefari

To dispute or file a complaint:
https://usc.help.ex/file-claim/gr-an

As Sakowin was ready to start into the next stage, her EVA appeared from her palm. She may have put her AI on ‘do not disturb’ but her EVA was designed to avoid the control for her medications. The Blue AI started reminding her, “Time for your medications, Genesis. Check your biotics, and an urgent reminder that you set around 1930 hours yesterday: Luncheon w/ Anon #32246. It is 12 PM now.”

She lets out a sigh, waving the EVA away and starts putting her things away. It was a Saturday, sure, but her work was always unfinished. As a Uni Student, she made minor breakthroughs with medical equipment that help her kind, yet she feels compelled to go just beyond the limits set for her. Soon as she finished, she grabbed her white long coat, her ID presented on the right side of her coat. Today, her hair was worn in a high ponytail, her head equipment worn today for her labs. Deciding to keep it on instead, she figured the lunch would be short and sweet. She intended to get to know them more over the program, instead of meeting in her remaining days on the station.

Sakowin sent the chat user a message;

I’ll be wearing the headgear when you spot me.

Maybe it was vague, but either way she didn’t care. The young xenobiology student was ready to devour an entire pelka at this point. The energy shots helped her greatly, and she was wired, though she didn’t express it. Sakowin turned out of the labs and started on her way towards the cafeteria, which was a good ten minutes away, not including the transporter ride. Some other students were already making their way towards the transporter where she joined up behind them. Then, they would depart from the Science floor and be transported to the first floor where the cafeteria resided.

Like a stream, they trickled out of the transporter to join up with the enormous crowd of people heading into the cafeteria. Species of various kinds were all students here at USC U, and despite Humanity dominating USC—usurping the former Overlords—their kind did not dominate among the species attending USC. In fact, only a few hundred thousand at most attended USC. And Sakowin was immensely popular among her own kind, which had its pros and cons, sure, but she would rather be unknown. Sakowin entered the cafeteria, she was the only wearing headgear from the Xenobiology Department, she only wore it when she was experimenting, which happened only on the weekends. Joining the queue, she ordered her food via the holo-screen and was given instantaneously.

The cafeteria was loud today, everyone was rather excited, likely because it was a weekend. Usually it was more moderately loud, not to the point of her ears hurting. Sakowin would make her way over towards the southern part of the cafeteria, a bombshell waiting for her arrival.

As they waited, Essek read a scientific text on the efficiency some species experienced when their society separated love from procreation. It was interesting to them, their own species being one of the few chosen examples. One of the few that had such practices as well.

It was a few minutes past the time when they read the message. The guest would be wearing headgear. The headgear?. That wasn't very specific.

With mid-schedule time came an abundance of people, in little waves from the transporters that connected the station. From the time the previous message had been sent, the guest had to have just arrived to the cafeteria. And so, Essek placed their reading tablet on the table to their left and turned around to scan the area. No one that could be their guest stood out amongst the crowd, and at least three people were wearing something that could be described as headgear.

They sent another message.

I can't really see you from here but you must have arrived by now. I'm at the back, with a tablet on the table and I'm now lifting my left hand.

They sent, doing exactly that just a few seconds later.

Sakowin’s EVA appeared again, the chatroom coming up with the relayed message. After reading it, she looked beyond her wrist and found a single being raising their left hand. Her heart dropped in her stomach, but her shock quickly died down. Sakowin made her way over and took the seat in front of the…lovely being.

“This is a mistake.” She spoke first. Though she was bitter internally, she didn’t show it externally. The tone in her voice remained neutral. Sakowin brought her EVA back up and found the email again, re-reading the mail from the Head of USC. ‘BIBI? Not Bibi? Shit.

“I’m sure you didn’t expect a Human, but I will get this fixed. Likely an incompetent mistake from an intern or aide.” She bluntly put it. Sakowin was ready to pick her food up and dip out. There was no way she would have lunch with a BIBI.

Essek may or may not have panicked when the human woman sat her ass on the chair in front of theirs. Their brain going into auto-pilot. Which in this case meant the diplomat within themself took over for a bit.

"Wait, wait..." Because they needed a minute to process everything and the implications. Already catching more than one eye, sitting with a human in the middle of the cafeteria. This human, whatever her name was sounde way too calm for this.

"Maybe there's a reason for this. Let's talk about it" Said only because it bought them time. A human was their designated guest by some sick twist of fate. Perhaps... there was a way this could work out. Maybe,there was a reason to it, intentional or not.

While they were speaking, Sakowin went through her sent box and found her application. There were no defining factors, just her name and her desired planet and species she wanted to research. She turned her EVA around on the cubic holo and showed them her application.

“There was no reason. Your species’ name resembles Bibi. They mixed the names up.” She turned her EVA back towards her and shut her down. Sakowin stood and grabbed her food, “You need not worry about this. I will fix it.” Sakowin turned and walked away from them. Not because she wanted to be as far away as she could, but because she really had other things to do. Sakowin normally ate between 10~20 minutes or even took nutrient shots to get what her body needed.

As Human as she was, Sakowin felt more like a robot. Like an AI placed in a flesh prison, but she didn’t mind it. There was little time in between her days to even find a moment to relax or care for herself. Sakowin also had another appointment with the Junior student, Cline, later in the evening. She rather be doing everything in her schedule than waste time talking with a BIBI. She thought eating would be productive, yet it wasn’t.

Sakowin dumped her food in the recycling disposal. It was a unique feature aboard the station. It would make wasted food into fuel or if students wanted, they could give a meal towards those who needed it more—non-perishables, that is. The Senior made her way back out of the cafeteria and towards the transporter. She only had one thing on her mind after meeting the mysterious being; to correct the mistake and finish the project she started early in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back