The Forgotten Ones

Mistress of Anarchy

The Mistress of the Grand Eclipse
@Lucky

The dilapidated house loomed over the three men, the wood rotting and fragile in the late spring dusk. It didn't even seem real to them. The creaking of the small animals scampering inside almost seemed to give it a voice that mockingly laughed at them. This house hadn't been under the ownership of anyone for at least 50 years, and nobody seemed to see it except them and the local schoolchildren. It seemed odd to them that when they had mentioned it to their elders, they laughed it off. It was time to face the fears of generations.

Nicholas Path wasn't even sure how they were going to get him into this house. It didn't seem like the sort of place that a wheelchair would fit into and he didn't want to ask to be carried by his two brothers- it would be demeaning. " Maybe I should just wait outside of the house, you know, it being diffcult for me to move and all."

Michael didn't feel good about Nick's suggestion. It was the exact sort of way someone died in Horror movies, left alone." Maybe I should stay outside with Nick- you know safety in not being alone."

Sebastian hated that Michael was right. They couldn't leave Nick alone- but it didn't feel great to go into the house alone. " Let me see what's inside, maybe if it's safe, I'll tell you two to come in. Hopefully, it will just be one of those things where nothing goes wrong." Sebastian would slowly climb the steps.

@Mistress of Anarchy

@Lucky

Nick didn't know if his eyes were tricking him or not, but it seemed like the door frame was getting wider to accommodate him. The dusk was growing even darker. Something it the vile house seemed to beckon to them, every single one, especially Sebastian.

Nicholas would see that the door frame was getting wider to accommodate him. " That's great..... still can't exactly wheel my chair up those stairs," he replied, as if talking to the air. It wasn't obvious if he was expecting an answer or not.

Michael was silent as he had to wonder if this was like the book. It probably was.... which made him feel even worse. " I don't think we have a choice in the matter, it's going to get dark soon."

Sebastian felt the house was calling to him. " Yup, this is definitely something scary," he mumbled, entering the house despite his resignations that it was a bad idea.

@Mistress of Anarchy

Last edited:
When they entered the house, they all heard something coming down the stairs. The footsteps weren't like a man's but like a woman's. As they approached, the boys filled with dread as to what could be coming.

@Lucky

Nicholas still didn't quite understood how they got the wheelchair had gotten up there, but he didn't like that there was someone coming down. "Should we-?"

Michael didn't answer his brother as he had already ducked into a hiding spot, making a shushing motion.

Sebastian would grab Nicholas and move him to behind the nearest large furniture object, leaving himself out in the open.

@Mistress of Anarchy

Sebastian had been the one who had been out in the open and he looked over at the girl. "Oh, hi, I'm Sebastian. I didn't know anyone lived here. I thought it was abandoned."

Michael stayed hidden as did Nick until the girl replied.

@Mistress of Anarchy

The girl smiled and said, "Oh, sorry. This is my house, and we don't get many visitors." She looked around and added, "Why don't you come with me?"

Sebastian wasn't sure if he was unnerved by the smile or not. "Wait, I didn't come here alone. My brothers came in. We thought this place was abandoned, let me get them and I'll follow you," he said, not giving her a chance to say no. He would wheel Nick out.

Nick would mouth 'Are you sure this is a smart idea?"

He shook his head no as Mike came out from behind the chair. " Sorry, we thought this place was abandoned," he replied.

@Mistress of Anarchy

Back