Ame Damnee The Foyer of the Palace

Pupper

The Foyer of the palace is the immediate room in which you find yourself in once you pass through both gates on the bridge and the large doors at the end. The foyer is rather simple, there are several hallways, stairs, and rooms off of it and any person that is not familiar with the palace would easily become lost. The room has several windows but is not lined with them like the throne room is.

Devon Ironsides - Entering the Foyer

As Devon squeezed his way into the Foyer through the hole he made, he noticed the marked door he needed to lure Taran into on the far left of the massive room. "Taran, look at that! Whaddya think is up with that feckin' door? Let's check it out." He said as he led the clueless Taran into his trap. He closed the door behind the two of them so that Minerva and the others wouldn't be able to see the gruesome display.

The room they had ended up in seemed to be a sort of sitting room with chairs assorted here and there. "Strange, why would such a peculiar looking door lead ta somethin' so mundane." Devon wondered aloud, hoping that his feigned ignorance would be enough to fool Taran into letting his guard down. Once Devon was close enough, he stopped time, taking a minute to laugh at Taran's expense and sending fierce blows into his knees, shattering the kneecaps.

As time returned to normal, Devon noted he had two minutes left. "Unless it was a trap!! You feckin' fool! Yer more gullible than I thought fer fallin' into this one. You said skeleton crew Taran, what we saw on that bridge wasn't a feckin' skeleton crew! You've betrayed the underground, and fer that, I sentence you to die." His grin was sadistic and satisfied as he waited for Hyde to appear and deal the finishing blow.

Hyde Bekele
Sitting Room off of the Foyer

The small creature ran across the stone floor, following the two men who had entered the palace and searching for the perfect opportunity to end Taran's life. Ending a life had become nothing more than a job to Hyde but even so, there were certain morals that the man held onto when completing the job. Devon and Taran entered a room, shutting the door behind him. Hyde knew that was where Devon wanted the job to be carried out given his action. The mouse ran toward the door and slinked underneath it only to find a gloating dwarf and a man on his knees. The mouse circled the room as Devon continued his little speech, listening as it ended on a sentence of death and a sadistic grin. A pit had formed in the assassin's stomach; he had a job to complete but how it was to be completed was not what he wanted.

The mouse trailed closer to behind where Taran had fallen, the pain was evident and it was clear to Hyde that his kneecaps had been shattered. The mouse began to change shape behind Taran's fallen body, it grew in size rapidly and the form of a man appeared but the form was not standing, instead, the form was kneeling behind Taran with an arm wrapped in front of him. The figure was dressed in black clothing, his head was down as if purposely not to avoid eye contact with Devon and was covered with his hood. The arm in front of Taran had finally taken its full shape and a knife firmly grasped in Hyde's hand was pressed against the man's neck. In one quick movement, the knife punctured the skin and was dragged across the entirety of Taran's neck in a graceful, yet careful fashion as not to miss any major arteries and ensure that the man's death would be swift. Hyde let his arm suspend in the air outstretched to the side of him, blood dripping from his blade, as Taran's body fell limp against the cold ground. Hyde pulled himself to his feet and took a couple steps back as a pool of blood began to appear beneath the body. The knife he held in his hand vanished into thin air and he raised his head to meet Devon's eyes.

"Death is meant to be quick, painless, and without ridicule. To take another's life is a moment that will forever be stained on your hands, your heart, and your soul. Even the demon's of this world deserve to die with integrity because Death itself, is not glorious and it strips all of which you are away. There is no pride to be had in this... I would never kill a man like this but I told you I would complete the job and now the job is done. You should go before someone finds you with him." Hyde spoke with a blank tone, no hint of emotion in his words nor his eyes. His body shifted once again from the man to the mouse and he scurried out of the room.

Sin of Wrath has fallen. You did well, Hyde.

Devon Ironsides - Sitting room of the Foyer

Devon burst into a fit of laughter as the fear in Taran's eyes turned into a blank, slack jawed stare before he fell at Devon's feet. The look of terror on the traitors face was one that he would cherish for the rest of his days. Even Hyde's sanctimonious preaching about what death should and shouldn't be couldn't sour his mood. Taran was a traitor, and deserved to die like a dog, whether Hyde agreed about it was inconsequential, he did his job in the end.

As the assassin turned into a mouse and scurried off, Devon took one last moment to admire his and Hyde's handiwork. Removing Gin & Tonic from his hands was a painful experience, he knew from the misshapen, bloody mess that was his hands that he was done fighting in this battle and he'd need a lot of healing to try and fix them. He stopped time once more, slipping out of the room and placing the knuckles within his armor's pouch.

He pulled out the recurve crossbow, Cider, that was slung around his back. Using Cider was much less painful as it only required the use of a finger to pull the trigger. He stood against the wall of the Foyer and aimed at the central staircase, ready to remove any guards that might show up from this world while the underground continues to make their entrance.

Dot Maras- The Foyer
Dot made her way inside, her senses on alert as she dragged Priscilla in with her. Not far from her she felt Devon's energy and rushed to him, her axe steadied on her shoulder. She placed her free hand on his cheek and sighed. "Is everything okay, love? Did everything work out?" she asked as she kept most of her attention on where more guards would come from. "Priscilla, ready that gun Jack gave you, we'll need to have all weapons prepared." she said as she kept her blind gaze floating around the foyer, trying to pick up on other energies.

Jack
The Foyer

Made his way inside, drenched in blood, almost ignoring the Elf and Priscilla he made his way to rest upon a wall. Sheathing both swords and sitting down he slowly got out a medical kit. His movements were lazy, either from exhaustion or from disinterest. But Jack was just bored and possibly a little depressed. True he had killed people savagely before and felt nothing about it later on.... Though when he saw those two brothers, it felt like he was seeing himself and Arty. "Remember." He said abruptly bandaging the arrow hole. "Hold to pull in air, release to fire." Standing up rather fast he kick the leg into the air a couple of times as if to test it. "You are fighting for your life. There is no shame in killing for that."

Priscilla Shaw
Priscilla breathed heavily after the smaller woman, her weakened state making it difficult for her to run for such a long duration, not to mention the fact that her clothes and general equipment were heavier than what she was used to. "Or.. *breathe* you know.. *breathe* I could.. *breathe* block up the entrance?" She suggested, out of breath and working hard to get oxygen to her lungs, the mask making her voice distinctly more creepy, while making her breathing more raspy. "I'm not a murderer, and I'd like to become an adept poison-maker before I get that title" she sighed, pulling out her piece of chalk and tugging off one of the gloves to reveal a slightly sweaty, thin pale hand. "I'm good for something.. You know?" She grumbled, not bothering to listen whether or not they agreed or disagrred and set to work on drawing the circles, but not before tossing the pistol back to the blood-covered Jack, who she was attempting to avoid looking at given his current appearance.

Devon Ironsides - Palace Foyer

As the trio ran into the foyer, Devon spotted a lone guard at the top of the stairs. With a massive grunt of effort, the crossbow fired, hitting the lad in the upper right of his chest. Devon had been aiming for the boys head, but the arrow had sunken so deep that he knew he'd pierced the lung. The boy would be dead within a minute. He turned to fine the elf's hand on his cheek. He gave her a small kiss and a sadistic grin. "I'm fine aside from me feckin' hands, and everythin's been taken care of." He said as he slung Cider back over his shoulder.

He walked over to the area where Priscilla had thrown the pistol and picked it up himself, wincing as pain shot through his hand when it had to move. "Can't reload my damn crossbow with these hands! Word of advice ta all of ye, never hit metal with yer bare feckin' hands. It hurts like shite." He tried to calm himself, forcing the pain out of his mind a little at a time. "Minnie and Hyde went on ahead Dottie. Probably in the throne room. We need ta get there too at some point."

Jack
Foyer

'Everything's has been taken care of.' Jack's eye's narrowed inside his mask as he looked at the Dwarf, knowingly. So, one has fallen to the mishappen hands of a killer... Almost poetic. Deciding to drop the plan of Blackmailing the Dwarf, since he didn't think even this little bastard could have beaten someone as renown as Taran by himself. It would be suicide to even try. With a sigh, he grabbed the elfin war blade that was tied to his right leg. "Hope you know how to use that thing." As much a kill joy as he was, he did find the thought funny when this Dwarf would try to pull the trigger, to have air being sucked in and only fire out a shot that would bruise the skin. "And your words of wisdom have been noted."

Dot quickly moved through her pouch and retrieved a potion that acted as a painkiller and handed it to him before quickly dropping her axe and moving to bandage his hands. "I would do more but we have to get moving to where you said. We're sitting ducks until we do. Guards are coming and they're moving fast so we need to get moving now." she said as she drew her attention to the central staircase. "Let's go now. Priscilla, stay close to Jack or myself, I'll keep an eye on Devon due to his injuries." she said as she finished and grabbed her large axe once more. She didn't respond to their words of passing as she knew that no more time could be wasted as much as it had. She turned her pale eyes to Devon, her own psychotic grin in place. "And I'm glad to see that it was successful, darling."

Dante - Palace Foyer
Dante nimbly slipped in the door just before Dot's apprentice finished drawing her circles on the floor. His clothes had quite a bit of blood on them, but he himself seemed free of any major injuries. The advantage of being an archer; most people didn't have the chance to get close enough to you to do any real damage. His eyes had returned to their normal, honey-colored state now that he wasn't using his powers, and he glanced at Devon and Dot. "Nice to see you two alive," he said simply. His gaze briefly flicked to the other man in the room. He didn't know him, but introductions weren't important right now. Dante stepped around Dot's apprentice and surveyed the room, ignoring the carnage that was already there. "It would be wise to find the armory, I think."

Priscilla Shaw
"Aaaaaand there." She smiled as she finished the rather large circle, covering the entire doorway with numerous intricate lines, almost like a large piece of art. "I draw these a lot." She said briefly before pressing her delicate hand down on the centre. Nothing happened briefly, but after a short period, a soft glow enveloped her hand and the bricks beneath the doorway began slowly grinding their way up, being made from a mixture of bricking and gravel, gaining speed until hitting the top with a loud thunk. "I'm a lot faster with smaller things." She said briefly and almost quietly, realising how mundane her ability seemed while she seemed so proud of it. With a sigh and a small rubbing of the mask's eye pieces, "alright.." she munbled, stalking after the others as they hurried on. She wanted to impress them, but that felt impossible given their line of work, and she was trying her hardest not to attempt murder on some innocent man who probably had a family, maybe even a daughter just like herself. "My life, now starring murderers." She speculated grumpily with that distorted voice of the mask

Last edited:
Devon Ironsides - Foyer

The dwarf quickly downed the potion Dot handed to him, feeling the intense pain in his hands start to fade. He looked over to Jack, "It's got a trigger, means it works just like any other feckin' ranged weapon." He nodded respectfully at Dante as he appeared and brought his attention back to Dot who was finishing up with bandaging his hands. "Thanks, Dottie. Now lets move. Dante find tha armory if ya want then meet us in tha throne room. This way!" Devon said as he led the group off towards the throne room.

Jin Crowley
Foyer of the Empyrean Palace

His heavy boots continued to steadily lumber through the Foyer, heading directly towards the Throne Room, Jin could hear the insurgent's voices echoing from within. Arrogant... While he was joined by both Cryker and the Admiral, there would be no certainty that they would be experienced in battle, he might be alone if anything broke out. Pulling a flask off of his belt, he absently sloshed the liquid before letting it flow out of the glass, forming into a wide cutlass. Brandishing the ancient blade, he motioned towards his companions to be alert, ready for any attack. With that, he moved to enter the massive room.

Jonathan Gold - Entering the Foyer

As Jon led the young Micah through to the foyer, he could hear the battle being waged in the throne room just beyond. Turning to the young lad, he knelt down and whispered to him. "So far so good, now where exactly do we need to go to find this secret weapon?" He asked since the boy would be the one who knew where to go next.

@Monster the Vamelfaer

Micah - Foyer
"Well, he just said it was under the palace, so, basement, I guess?" Micah whispered back. "Unless there's some kind of weird secret passage that he forgot to tell me about, which I wouldn't put past them. It's been kind of a crazy day..."

Jonathan Gold - Foyer

The only place Jon knew of in the basement of the Palace was the treasury. He had to physically keep himself from facepalming. "Who would keep the secret weapon stashed away with all the other valuables!" He whispered, trying his best to keep his voice down. "Alright, we need to head to the Treasury. Follow me, and stay close." He said as he swiftly moved over to the spiral staircase leading down to the Treasury and entered.

Back