Ame Damnee The Fringe

Aman

Dragon Priestess
Benefactor
As you leave the city, the wastelands of Oblitus will come into view. Before that, you are met with a river winding around the outskirts and a big sign brandishing the name 'Abaddon' in freshly painted letters. An old cobblestone bridge crosses the gap between land and water, leading you into the vast wilderness beyond.

Out here, many shaken-up travelers make their way into the city. There is a gate to prevent any wild creatures from breaking in and threatening the townspeople, as well as multiple guards stationed by the entrance to the bridge. One must always state their business before entering and leaving Abaddon. If one is suspected of being an uninvited Warden, Ethereal, or rogue, they will be taken into custody and interrogated on short notice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anariel
The Walls of the City of Sin

Approaching the city

The morning sun shone brightly above her as Anariel soared towards the city she had long despised. Filled with the sinful and those consumed by vice, Abaddon was perhaps the last place she desired to be, and she found it odd that she had been the one chosen to bear the message. She tilted her wings slightly, angling them such that she could bleed off speed yet maintain herself airborne without issue.

It didn't sit well with her to be sent, but she knew it had to be either herself or one of the other Ethereals. Unfortunately, her choice had been to bear the message or partake in the dolorous pageantry that was the funeral in New Eden. As much as it pained her, she had chosen to bear words to her once-enemies.

As she came within view of the city, she noted that it seemed more lively than she would have expected, and that change made her suspicious. It seemed there was to be a celebration in the city, but she couldn't help but wonder if it was at all related to the news. If so, she would likely be walking into the open jaws of the beast itself. A small part of her hoped that might be exactly what it was.

Once a warrior, always a warrior. Putting down the blade was never an option.

After a few minutes more, she landed on the far side of the cobblestone bridge from the gate to the city, folding her wings such that, though uncomfortable, she could walk forward. She, unlike many angels, did not hide her wings. They were her mark of pride. With one hand on the pommel of her sword, the other swinging comfortably at her side, she stepped forward towards the gate.

"I am Anariel, Ethereal of New Eden. I come to bring a message to the Envoys of Abaddon." Her voice rang out, the voice of a battlefield general, clarion in the morning air.

The Fringe,
Gladiators Barracks
Shagrat

Shagrat could hear only the fast thud of his heart as it drowned out all other sounds, sweat began to run down from his forehead to his cheek, he was breathing heavily from many hours of training with his sword, sharpening his senses for the upcoming gladiatorial tournament later on in the day. As he wiped the sweat from his face, he surveyed the room he was in and found the numerous training dummies he had used laying on the ground like dead corpses around him, each one having been cleaved, hacked and slashed as if a ferocious animal had mauled them. As the sound of his pounding heart became less and less, he could once again clearly listen to his surroundings, he could hear his sword clanging as it rubbed off his metal greaves, and himself breathing heavily. Noticing that other then him there was nobody else to be seen, he then chose to leave the room seeking for the Training Master.

Aeriseth
The Gates

After taking her time with the stroll, Aeriseth spotted the large iron gates to the city. And what a wondrous woman standing between them, her golden hair seeming to glow even in this cloudy gray city. The succubus let out a breathy chuckle as she approached, looking Anariel up and down with a lustful gaze. Of course, this wasn't the first time they had met. No, she once knew all of the Ethereals when, at a time, they were united in being Aditi's loyal servants. Or, more like dogs. The fact that they were still bent on being slaves to a goddess like that, one who didn't even involve herself with her own world, it perplexed her. And yet, nonetheless, here was one of her old acquaintances at the gates - as serious and preoccupied with her duties as ever. Surely she would want to return to her 'perfect refuge' soon, New Eden. Too bad she couldn't stay and entertain the succubus.

"Well, well, Anariel. How nice of you to visit. I wasn't expecting any guests from New Eden at our party, but I might not be opposed to it, if you will indulge me." Speaking in her drawn-out, silky voice, The Temptress came closer and put a hand up to the guards who were barring the Ethereal's way. "Now, you guys, play nice. The lady here only came to have a little chat. Tell me, my dear, what could you possibly be requesting the presence of Alexander and I for? Perhaps you'd like to get with both of us?" Rather than joking around, her face showed signs of arousal at the thought. Stoic as always, the guards drew their weapons back and allowed the Songdaughter through. "How dirty! Where is my charming prince, anyway? I might have to go out and get him, but I'm sure he'd love to go along with your plans." She finished her talk, casting her sly gaze upon the other woman, eager to hear what she had to say. They might be enemies in a sense of the word, but oh how she would love to corrupt the pure, ethical archangel. To do such vile, pleasurable things to her. With these thoughts she subtly bit her lip, smiling, waiting for the other Envoy.

Anariel
Within the Gates

Anariel raised a perfect eyebrow at the succubus, her face betraying nothing beyond a slight surprise at the Envoy being there herself, vice sending someone to fetch for her. She shifted her wings somewhat and gripped her sword's pommel a bit tighter.

"Aeriseth, now this is a surprise. No toy trailing in your wake anymore? I had thought your oath to ensure you always had one was unbreakable, or have the millennia altered the rules?" She grinned somewhat, but more in confidence as she stepped between the guards. "As for laying with you, Alexander, or the both of you at once, my answer remains as it did at the end of the war: No. Though, I'll admit that I did think to simply fly straight away to your conclave vice walking the streets. Unfortunately, the nature of my message, which I will share to you all only in confidence. It is not for the ears of your citizens, though I fear that it may not be quite as confidential as I was led to believe."

Despite her crisp way of talking and almost aloof mannerisms, Anariel knew how she looked. It had been a long-standing back and forth between her and the Succubus to end up in bed together, but the archangel had not once relented in the slightest. Unfortunately, the sly comments made in reference to her figure alerted her to the fact that, among the denizens of this city, she would look like the virgin she was, playing at being sexy and doing quite well. Her armor covered her well, but where the armor was missing for ease of motion and comfort, only wispy articles of cloth remained. It did not bother her, and in fact the thought that if she had to fight her enemies may well be distracted by the lack of coverage was a pleasant idea. It would allow her to slay all the more readily if the need arose.

"I am not surprised that Alexander finds it hard to arrive himself, I must admit. He was never one for punctuality. Has he become one with his sedan chair yet, or does he keep mobile enough to ward off the inevitable with his sloth ways?" she asked, tone polite.

Last edited:
Alexander
The Gates of Abaddon

Alexander was not fond of the day time and being bothered during his time of relaxing irritated him quite so. He understood that today was the day of celebration but like every year he only oversaw the nightly times of the festival. However hearing the news from his servant he knew he had no choice but to go to the gates and meet up with the Ethereal because god knows where Lilith was at. Alexander wonder why an Ethereal had come to the city and was the only thing that really warranted his presence and the thought of that made him curious. After he got himself ready he left the clock tower that held the entry to the portal to the Envoy's Room and headed on over towards the gates of Abaddon.

Alexander had chosen to fly over to the gates as it was quicker and it helped avoid the residents that would surely surround him and want to speak to him. Alexander was not much of a social type of person and so he seemed like he did not care to answer anyone which was not necessarily true. As soon as he saw the gates in his sights he also saw a familiar face which made things a little more interesting. For once in her life Lilith actually was where she needed to be and not in some mortal's bed. Alexander landed down gently his enormous white purpleish wings folding in towards the back of the black victorian looking trench coat. His red eyes glanced over at Lillth for a brief second before looking towards the Ethereal known as Anariel with a not so amused look from Alexander. Alexander quickly got to the point knowing full well that Lillth would most likely try to have a pointless flirty conversation that would get them nowhere. "Why are you here?"

@Luxin @Aman

Aeriseth
The Gates

Aeriseth was disappointed at the rejection, but would refrain from trying to force it. They were, after all, evenly matched; and getting into a fight on the day of the festival, possibly tearing the entire city apart? No, she'd think not. Still, it didn't stop the Envoy from looking, and that she did, her eyes roaming Anariel's body hungrily, as if she was doing this purposely to make her uncomfortable. "Suit yourself, but we still have many centuries left to live. Perhaps you'll rethink your decision." She purred, looking to the soldier behind her. If this was a personal matter as the archangel claimed, then it would be best to go somewhere more private. She sent him away with a flick of her wrist. If not for the angels, they would never have much news from the other city. And an Ethereal herself, coming here? It was more pressing than a three-way, certainly.

Letting out a laugh, her golden eyes sparkled sinfully. "As sardonic as ever! I should think that Alexander is on his way now, surely one of his servants has informed him, as they did me." And, she thought to add, I can sense him through the bond between us. Tilting her head over her shoulder, she noticed the said daemon soaring through the air towards them. "Perfect! He's here now. Isn't this nostalgic?" She said mockingly, her tone drawling and amused. "All we need now are Rythe, Uriel, and Abraham. Then we'll be a big, happy family, won't we?"

He landed next to her and she smiled, turning her head to look over at her long-time partner. "Oh, Alex, you don't have to be so grim. Anariel here is our friend." She sent a wink towards the other woman, leaning against Alexander's arm. "The matter is confidential, you see. Not for others to hear. We should take her somewhere more private, don't you think?" Aeriseth rested her arm on his shoulder, grinning as she looked up at him.

Anariel
Within the Gates

The archangel simply gave Alexander a flat look, indicating she knew what he was capable of. Despite the years, he looked as dangerous as he always had, though she wondered how much he'd slipped since the war. She shifted her hands, crossing her arms over her chest, and nodded.

"Aeriseth here is correct. I am not at liberty to discuss what brings me here in the open. I would request that we move elsewhere, and soon. I suspect that before too long, one of your citizens will grow bold enough to forget my wings and do something...regrettable. I do not, for now, desire to start conflict between us, though I would not mind, perhaps in the future, a polite bout of sparring to keep up my capabilities. I find the lower order of angels is unable to keep up in combat, try as they might." She smiled, the memory of their fights from ages past still fresh. The look soured briefly, however, as she remembered the toll it had taken on his lesser kin. "Then again, you would know all about how easy they were to best."

Without much thought to the action, the Ethereal brought her lower wings around her front, using them like a skirt to cover herself from the waist down in the front, and folding the other pair in such a way as to cover everything from behind. If there was one thing she did not desire, it was to have to go through with her implied threat. Well, not at the moment, at least. Given the opportunity and with fair reason, she would have shed the blood of Abaddon's citizens without hesitation, and there would be few who would hold her back from it. Now, however, was not the time.

Aeriseth
The Gates

The Temptress nodded as she listened to Anariel, the ever-present smirk upon her lips never dwindling. With a sigh, she pouted and brushed locks of pale blonde hair from her face. "How boring, to discuss something so dull. I'd rather be in my manor right now." Thinking of her toys, she shrugged her shoulders and tilted her head, her horns sticking out from the sides distinctly. They were a pride and joy of hers; a showcase of who and what she truly was. A daemon. "Buuut, if you insist. I know just where to go. And I'll gladly spar with you, my sweet." Seeing her face sour, it filled Aeriseth with nothing but complacency and happiness. The suffering of others could be so enchanting.

"Obviously we won't tread through the festivities, so, allow me." With that said, she raised her hands into the air and created a portal in front of them; a swirling vortex of pink and purple shades. Turning her head to the guards at the gates behind them, she waved her hand. "Back to your duties, men. See to every traveler that comes through here, okay?" She then glanced over at Alexander, tugging on his arm playfully. "Well, come on, my prince~ Let's see what this is all about." Beckoning the two of them after her, the succubus walked up to the portal and put her hand up to it. Seeing it phase through, she continued to walk forward until she was completely engulfed by the portal made of her aura. Since they were in the city, Abaddon, she could easily move around through small portals without attracting the citizen's attention.

The destination was set to the Temple of Reverence, a room deep within the walls where they could properly discuss what the archangel had come to tell them.

Alexander
Gates of Abaddon

Aside from the playful jokes from Lillith it seemed the conversation would have to wait until they were alone with Anariel. Lillith then leaned against his arm and he knew this was bound to happen. She was going to try and mess around with him again which only made the morning even more tiring. She then rested her arm upon his shoulder looking at him he looked back at her briefly with a serious look as if to tell her not now. Alexander did not enjoy her messing around with him like he was one of her many toys but this is how Lillith was and sometimes he wished she would go back to the way she use to be.

After listening to Anariel he smirked slightly at one of her comments but did not say a word. It was nice to know that Anariel still remembered how strong he was but did he really care to fight her even in an sparring event? He would be lying if he didn't find that statement amusing and the chance to fight against her was always a possibility in the future. Lillith left Alexander's side and made a portal for them to take to a location that would suit their conversational needs and Alexander hoped whatever news it was it was worth him coming out here in the daytime. Then the portal appeared before them and he simply nodded to the men who guarded the gate before Lillith tugged on his arm playfully and calling him her's. "I am not your prince" he said quietly in a strict tone obviously not in the mood to play around but when has he ever been in the mood for Lillith's shenanigans? Lillith was the first to walk through her portal and then he motioned for Anariel to go in as he did not want to have his back turned to her and then finally he followed suit and stepped into the portal.

Training Master
Gladiators Barracks

There was many tunnels that led to the arena but also different rooms and tunnels from one barrack to another. Some of the barracks had enough room to fit in a training room while others housed a living quarters for the warriors that donated their time and hard work for the sake of glory in the Arena. There was also a lot of slaves that ended up here on false promises of freedom if they survived the intense battles that waited for them. For whatever reason these fighters were here the training master was here to make sure they had a fighting chance.

The room the training master was in was a medium sized training room with training dummies and was filled with warriors from time to time who needed guidance from the training master herself. The room also had practice swords that would not cause harm to the warriors who wished to spar with one another. She oversaw every warrior who asked for her help and she made sure to help any warrior who wanted to survive the harsh arena. She was currently pacing back and forth keeping a close eye on the gladiators that were currently training to see if any of them needed to work on their form. She noticed one of the warriors having a tough time and helped him adjust his stance to make it easier for him to swing his sword he thanked her and she moved back to where she was at so she could see all the contenders who were getting ready for the battle that would take place later in the day.

@Marcsun

The Fringe,
Gladiators Barracks
Shagrat

As Shagrat walked down heading towards the room with the most noise as he could hear things being thrashed about, suspecting that even if the person whom he was looking for was not in that room that he could at least ask around if anybody has seen her. Opening the door and then surveying the area, he found a medium sized training room filled with other gladiators whom have yet to know of his presence as they are currently preoccupied training and practicing for the upcoming tournament but he soon ignored all of them as he finally found the very person he was looking for, whom was currently overlooking the training of the other gladiators.

Walking up to her somewhat hurriedly "Instructor!" he shouted although he didn't have the intention to shout at first due to his belief that she probably wouldn't hear him if he spoke at his normal volume and although it did gain her attention it also garnered the intention of the other gladiators, all eyes now being on him. Shagrat felt rather uncomfortable when everybody was staring at him so he attempted to act as natural as possible so he finally stated what his purpose was for being here in the first place was "I wish to spar" his expression remained grim due to not wishing to look uncomfortable.

After hearing someone call for her she looked toward the direction of the call and saw a frequent contestant of the Arena. She never actually caught his name though but she has seen him around and partake in the Arena battles before. He then declared he wished to challenge her and this was the first time in a long time anyone has challenged her in a mock battle. She smiled at him briefly giving him the okay and walked over to grab two practice swords. After grabbing the swords she walked back to the gladiator and gave him a sword and stepped back to distance herself from her opponent. "Alright I am ready whenever you are" she said preparing herself for battle. She held her sword in front of her with two hands in a defensive position awaiting her opponent's first move.

@Marcsun

The Fringe,
Gladiators Barracks
Shagrat

As Shagrat firmly gripped the wooden training blade with the palm of his hands he then looked up to face his enemy, instantly recognizing that she took a defensive position Shagrat elected to take an offensive stance. Realizing that her guard closes her lower openings making upward slashes difficult but it also meant that she left herself open to downward or horizontal slashes.

Shagrat decides to use a short downward cut with the intention mostly being to deflect the opposing blade enough out of the way to then take a defensive position with both hands in the blade close to him for a short guard so that if she attempts to strike back, he can now more quickly follow up as her now exposed front would leave her vulnerable to a counter thrust.

Last edited:
The taping of a cane can be heard as los enters the room and glances around. Whats up with the silence..- he stops talking after seeing the two about to fight.

The Training Master kept a close eye on the warrior and braced herself for the incoming attack. He came at her and moved his sword downwards to try and catch her off guard but she simply stood her ground and block the incoming downward swing of his sword with hers and then tried to push him off which he then only recovered and tried to guard himself in time for her attack. She swung her sword diagonally and tried to overpower him and make him lose his guard.

The Fringe,
Gladiators Barracks
Shagrat

Shagrat remained calm realizing that the moment both of their swords came into contact that her gaurd would remain steadfast which meant that he would have to prepare for her counterattack after her attempt to push him off balance which due to his size, weight and footwork was unsuccessful. The slight movement of her blade as she swung it allowed Shagrat to quickly reconize that she was aiming for a diagnol strike to overpower him in a contest of strength. Shagrat recognises that at this time he is unable to dodge so for him to block her attack would be the action she expects him too take but instead he aims to have both their swords clash thus making it a real contest of strength which would surely be to his advantage as he swung his blade downwards this time with unbridled strength along with putting his own weight onto the swing as he took a step forward to get the proper footwork in case she attempts to throw him off balance once more.

~Brynhild Nyman-The Fringe, Gladiator Barracks~​
Brynhild had spent the better of her morning in the training room, going non-stop right up until the moment a shout rung across the training room. Glancing up curiously, she noticed someone and the training master in a conversation. Knowing it was none of her business, Brynhild turned back to her training. She lifted her leg for a moment, tapping the top of her foot against the dummy a few times before sending a swift kick to the area reflecting the abdomen. It wobbled from the force of the kick. She kicked it a few more times, before turning her attention to back to Shagrat and the training master, curious about the spar.

~Brynhild Nyman-Fringe, Gladiator Barracks~
Brynhild finished up her training shortly after, quickly heading to clean up. After that and a fresh pair of clothes, walked the halls of the barracks wanting a drink in her system before the day was over. Wasn't much here going on anyways, she thought as she walked. She had a thought to stop by and see if her friend wanted to come along. Changing her course of direction, she headed to said person's room. Once there, she knocked loudly on the door, waiting for a response.​

Los opens the door seeing that it was Brynhild on the other side. "Hey bryn do you need something..?" He quickly looks over her seeing if she was hurt or not.

Back