Ame Damnee The Fringe

Wroth
The fringe, in Barracks

Feeling their hands intertwine with each other made the drum in his chest go off again at a quicker and louder tempo to the point Wroth was afraid that Brynhild would hear it. looking at her beautiful face as the window illuminated the two of them, the light seemed to complement everything about her, her eyes, her face, and her smile. The rest of the Barrack seemed like Omnipresent darkness that threatened to swallow everything, yet, Wroth felt that if he had Bryn by his side, he knew that they could overcome the darkness. "Bryn." He drew his face closer to hers, his eyes full of passion and longing for her. Even if Legion were to come out now. Even if he was beaten within an inch of his life. Nothing could stop him from being with her.

Bryn stared into Wroth's eyes as he brought his face closer to hers, placing her hand on his cheek. Without thinking she closed the distance between them, wrapping her arms around his neck as she enjoyed the feeling of the kiss. After a moment, she pulled away, resting her hands on his shoulders and averting her gaze. "S-sorry." she mumbled. She didn't know what had driven her to do that but she didn't mind that it happened. Things just felt right with Wroth.

Wroth
The fringe, in Barracks

Closed his eyes as he felt her soft lips and her arms wrap around his neck, Wroth wanted this moment to last forever. Forgetting about Legion and the orbs, all he cared about right now was Bryn. Which was why it felt wrong when she pulled away from him, turning her gaze elsewhere. A little bit of anger and hurt feelings started to bubble up but was quickly quelled when he heard her mumbled sorry. It was his turn to put his hand on her check standing there surrounded by darkness with only the moon illuminating the two new lovers. "No. You don't have to be sorry. If anything I'm the one who should apologize. These.... Feelings. Are new to me and, I might have just rushed that, we can go at a pace you feel with." Blushing while scratching his cheek with an embarrassed chuckled that was uncommon for him.

Bryn shook her head. "No, it's not that. I just...it's just been a while since..." she said, trailing off. "I once had a lover but he died during a Gladiator fight, I hadn't really search for anyone since then." She looked back at Wroth. "But with these memories, though I still feel like I'm missing some things, I remember you. I remember what must have been seen through Raziel's eyes and I found myself being attracted to what I remember, what I saw. I just worry that these feelings come from the memories or Aditi knows what, but I can't deny that I feel something for you, Wroth." she said, her face as pink as it would go. "It doesn't matter what the pace is to me." It was true. She was not new to fast-paced flings and romances, things that didn't last long only to fade to a memory of what once was, but with Wroth she knew it would not be like that.

Wroth
The fringe, in Barracks

The drum in his chest got louder as he stared into her red eyes that seemed to shine like elegant rubies, finding the pink on her cheeks cute. Smiling playfully. "I find that kinda hard to believe. With looks and fire like yours, you'd have to damn near keep men away with the iron edge of a sword." This was so unlike Wroth. Wroth the dumbass. Wroth the psychotic Daemon who would kill you for looking at him wrong. Wroth, the miserable. Being gentle, caring, and honest about his feelings, hell if any of the bastards at the Tavern saw him now they would swear the drinks were spiked with powerful drugs. Wrapping his arms around her back. "I always felt like I was missing something too, even before I found out about my past. My life was pretty much shit. Always angry and sleep deprived, not really knowing why. Basically, I was a moronic, foul-tempered, drunken, ball of sadness." It was kinda funny looking back at it now. Gods he was a little shit back then. "But now. right now, I want to know about you and... be with you....." He felt so much like a sap, he couldn't have imagined how he must have sounded to her. "Sorry. I'm not used to this so, I might mess up from time to time."

"It's okay, I'll probably fuck up from time to time myself. Honestly, we're not that different. I let my anger fuel me and I'm really sure I could drop you in a drinking competiton." she grinned as she let her arms lock around his neck once more, resting her head on his shoulder. For a moment, she just wanted to ignore the impending doom of what resided inside Wroth, of the orbs, of what could really happen to not just them but Xena and Maric too. She just wanted to enjoy the warmth Wroth was radiating as he held her.

Wroth
The fringe, in Barracks

Snickered at what she said about drinking. "The rest I can buy, but when it comes to drinking we might need to have a match to decide that one. Loser buys the drinks." He held her in his arms wanting nothing more than to feel her warmth on him, he could feel the beating of her heart as her chest pressed against his. They felt like they were beating at the same speed and at the same time, moving his head to look Bryn in the eye, he came in close again for a kiss. Her lips were soft and almost like a sweet candy that he couldn't get enough of. I will always be here for you. Even If I have to brave hells fire and fight the Devil himself

Bryn chuckled at the joke before Wroth kissed her again, instantly leaning into the kiss. She loved how gentle his kisses were, finding it oddly funny how he was usually someone who showcase uncontrollable strength and this kiss should otherwise. Pulling away with a sigh, she looked at Wroth. "As much as I would love to stay like this, it's almost morning." She pulled herself out of Wroth's embrace, taking her hand in his. "We have to keep looking for the orbs. I know of a storage room near the training room, that might be fruitful." she said, hope in her voice.

Wroth
The fringe, in Barracks

Sighing a little sadden that he couldn't continue.... Wait. MORNING!? Looking outside, his jaw dropped at the twilight becoming brighter and brighter. "We've been standing here all night?!" They were standing here, kissing all night? "Fuck." Though Bryn was right, they needed to continue their search and this storage room was the best bet they had right now to finding the orb. "Just show me to the door and I'll be the key." Smirking as he and Bryn made their way.

Brynhild Nyman- Fringe, Storage Room
Bryn chuckled at Wroth as the made their way to the storage room. Once there, there was a metal door that was locked by a chain blocking their access. Dropping the hold she had on Wroth's hand, she grabbed the chain in her hands and pulled it off the door, straining a little as she wasn't fully recovered from earlier events. Pulling the chain away from the door sucessfully, she moved away from the door to let Wroth do his thing. "Try to not have the door knocked inward. The room isn't as big as the barracks." she said with a grin.

Wroth
The fringe, in Barracks

Cracking his knuckles as he smiled proudly. "Hey, I don't just knock them down." Seconds later the door had a large hole punched through it splitting it down the middle almost perfectly, seems like Wroth was getting better at controlling his strength again. slowly walking into the dark room, looking left to right Wroth noticed three things, one was that this room was rather narrow with a long hallway full of shelves and manikins, two was that luckily everything seemed organized and out in the open so finding the orb shouldn't be too much of a hassle despite how much equipment was littering the shelves and the armor being displayed on wooden manikins.... Though the third thing he noticed or more actually realized is that, he had no idea what the orb looked like, Wroth frowned at this cursing his random and bipolar memory. "Hate to ask. But do you know what the Orb looks like?"

Bryn shook her head as she walked into the room. "I couldn't tell you." she said with a sigh as she snapped her fingers, making her fox-fire appear on her fingertips for better lighting in the dark room. Once done, she scanned the shelves with her eyes. "Maybe we're looking for a jewel kind of object?" she guessed as she moved to a shelf that had nothing but swords on it. She moved the swords around, trying to see if anything was underneath them.

Wroth
The fringe, in Barracks

As Brynhild was checking the swords, Wroth inspected the shields, the orb might have been crafted into one of the shields or in some armor or even a sword. going through each shield the sound of metal clinking and clanking with each one he threw on the floor. The sigh of fruitless effort, it wasn't until long all the shields were on the ground in a pile that was as tall as the man who stacked it.

Rubbing the bridge of his nose in annoyance, Wroth turn towards some manikins that wore armors of warriors. Dried blood stains could be seen on a majority of the collection many were decorated with countless symbols and gems, this was going to take forever. Though just as soon as he thought that he would have to spend another 2 hours looking through worthless shit. A bright red stone started glowing in the chest piece of scaled silver armor, pulsing with power and emitting a low flame Wroth figured he found what they were looking for.

"Found it!" Reaching for the orb of bright red flames, he instantly felt hopeful about this whole thing..... And at the same time, he also felt despair. Hesitating really starting to think about what he was doing, Legion was the only family he had, couldn't there be another way to save everyone, including Legion?

Bryn rushed over towards Wroth at his words a smile on her face. "You did it!" she said excitedly, as she eyed the chestplate and felt the power coming from the orb. "We really don't need the chest plate though." she muttered as she brought her fox fire closer to the piece of armour that he was holding. "Let me see that thing."

Wroth
The fringe, in Barracks

Looking at the chest plate with sorrowful eyes..... NO! This was insane! He didn't even remember his brother and what he has heard and felt from him didn't exactly make this Legion out to be anything other than a rabid dog that needed to be put down. Yet his hands were shaking so bad that it felt like the chest piece would fall out of his hands. "T-Take. It." His voice had pain and regret in it.

Last edited:
Bryn looked up at Wroth with a worried expression, as she took the chestplate. Making quick work of the armour which was now nothing but a melted lump on the ground, courtesy of her foxfire, she pocketed the orb and took Wroth's hands into her own. "What's wrong?" she asked, placing her free hand on his cheek to look at him better.

Wroth
The fringe, in Barracks

Flinched at Brynhild's touch, he grabbed her hand hard at first, but then soften his grip as he looked her in the eyes. "It's silly, isn't it? Despite not remembering what we were like, despite his cruel sense of humor at others expense, and even despite him being a danger to me and everyone that lives in this world..... It hurts. The thought of having to kill him hurts, hurts so much more than I thought it would."

Wroth, as he was, could not remember what his brother was like or even logically have any feelings towards Legion besides anger and hatred, yet, he harbored no negative feelings. He loved Legion, Loved him so much. And he felt deep down somewhere in that tempest of bloodlust and rage Legion felt the same towards Wroth..... He couldn't hold it in anymore, he wept. He wept in Brynhild's embrace. "He- He can't he-lp it! I should I- Noticed something was wrong!" Right now he wasn't a harbinger or even Wroth, but a man torn between killing his only brother, or damning the friends and woman he loved.

Last edited:
Brynhild held him as he cried, her heart breaking for him. She could only imagine the torture he was going through in this moment, but could not bring the words to this situation, settling for stroking his hair gently as he wept. "Listen Wroth, I understand that this is hard for you but whether or not Legion can help it, he is still a very large threat. We are the only people who are standing in the way of him and the possible destruction that he could lay upon Abaddon and Aditi knows where else if he was to win." She sighed with a heavy heart. "This has stretched farther than him being your brother or us bing harbingers, we have to stop him at all costs."

Wroth
The fringe, in Barracks

Her words hurt. They hurt because Wroth even with his limited understanding of who he was or the scope of the world. Legion was a threat to everything. Calming down, wiping the tears from his face, eyes still filled with guilt and sorrow but also a understanding of what needed to be done. "We need to take this back to Xena and Maric..... Me and Legion have suffered enough, in a way I also take the blame for not noticing something was wrong." He took Bryn's hand gently. "They're probably at the Sanctary right now."

Bryn nodded in response, rubbing her thumb over the back of his hand. "Let's go then. I don't think I can stand to be here another minute." Forget grabbing her stuff, she could stand in these empty halls, not knowing what happened to her fellow gladiators. She lightly pulled on Wroth's hand as she started to walk towards Maric and Xena's location.

Back