Side Story The Goddess II: Fate of the Old Gods

MAOL-CHALUIM
@Takumi @Minerva @Sark

“Ghhh-!”

Among the 10 stood a man who stood out even among the strange crowd.

View attachment 6708
“Who... who are you people?” the man in the suit grunts. Tears were formulating, the stench of death surrounded him, enveloped him, attempted to take him over.

Turning to the one who called out, Mila's eyes narrowed at the scent of death on him. An unpleasant smell, but one she wasn't unfamiliar with.

"I am Mila, Goddess of Harvest, and Earth Mother to Zofia. Are you injured anywhere?" She asked, hoping that it would calm any fears he may have. The King's Grail looked him over for any outward injuries, as well as to anyone else among the group of confused individuals.

@Sark @Minerva @Capri

One down. Gill had to say, he wouldn't miss Eobard. The man was reckless and self-serving. In truth, his original plan would have been to use him to get to Decapre, whether Cammy lived or died. But perhaps with her staying alive, he had a chance to escape this place. And perhaps with Urien here...

Three to go. Another man on the Blue Team. Another egotistical man, one who would perish or remain here forever, if the key to liberation was through self-improvement. But they could deal with that in the morning, when the cycle started over. "Indeed, we seek refuge," he said, raising Cammy slightly in his arms. "The girl is injured, we need shelter so she may rest and recover."

@Sark
JUNGLE CAMP
"There is no 'recovery' here." Zod replied coldly. "What is broken remains broken. Those who cannot defend themselves are damned to slow, painful deaths. I'm not a doctor, but I've learned a thing or two about medicine from my time on the battlefield." He slowly approached the brothers. "Give her to me. I can cauterize her wounds. The men who ran this camp before me left plenty of splints behind when they fell. You can tell me all about this plan of yours whilst she rests." A smiled slowly stretched out across his face. "My senses are finely attuned. Little escapes the ear of Zod."

@Yun Lee
"Fate is a fickle mistress, I believe the saying goes." Mila chuckled. Though pursed her lips in thought when asked if she had anything to say. What could she say to them to ease their fears and calm them? She could smell Frost even from where she stood, and she wanted to find him and make sure he was alright, but this group before her was just as important too.

"I don't have all the answers, but I intend to help as many as I can in this wretched place, we have a mission to fulfill and need all the help we can get, and hope to help you in turn." Mila spoke up, to both Viper and those who she didn't know the full stories of.

"If we've been destined to meet, then perhaps we're destined to help each other, if you'll allow it. You're welcome to leave and try your hand at getting out without us, I won't stop you." She called to the others before glancing to Karinith, Viper, and Damian.

"James is in the Flaming Forest, I can sense him. He's with the remains of the team there. I'd ask that you stay here, but something tells me that at least one of you won't." She spoke to the three with her arms crossed thoughtfully, but a gleam on her eyes. She was honestly touched they bothered to stick around, leading wasn't necessarily her thing, but if she could fight against Naga she could do her best here against just as cutthroat forces.
“Ghhh-!”

Among the 10 stood a man who stood out even among the strange crowd.

“Who... who are you people?” the man in the suit grunts. Tears were formulating, the stench of death surrounded him, enveloped him, attempted to take him over.
TROPICAL FOREST
"We've stuck with you this long, Mila, we're not turning back now." Viper nodded. "We're in it for the long haul."
"You're stuck with me to." Damian smiled. "Hell or High Water."
"Look... I don't really have anywhere else to go so..." Wally rubbed the back of his neck. "I figure you guys could use an extra pair of hands?"
"Anytime, Wally. Titans Together."
"Wow... you're... not an ass anymore..."
"Yeah? The island changes people." Damian smiled. "Guess I changed for the better."
View attachment 6715
"You think I'm going to sit around on my sandy ass while you guys hit the highway? Not a chance." Roy cracked his neck. "Destiny or not, it's my civic duty to ensure you guys don't go and get yourselves killed on some hair brain escape attempt."
View attachment 6716
"Aye... the Green Team pledges its allegiance to your cause." Thor bowed her head a little. "We'd be honored to fight by your side."
View attachment 6717
"The Purple Team is... skeptical. But we shall offer you assistance... for now..." Noembelu nodded. "We understand the importance of unity in times like these. We know what's at stake. Any plan is better than no plan."

With a nod from Sodam Yat, the last of the Champions were in agreement. The new contestants had flocked to the Old Gods' side. The gathering was looking less like a collection of teams and more like an army. Perhaps they had made assumptions Mila's plan. Perhaps rumors had spread swiftly through the crowd during their brief moments of deliberation. It didn't matter. They were willing to fight for Mila. Their foes wouldn't know what hit them.

"All that remains is to pick a team name..."
Robin chuckled. "I suggest you pick one before Roy starts suggesting them. Hell... I suggest you start appointing lieutenants before he starts telling the 'War for the Multiverse' story again..."

@Takumi @Capri @Minerva
This time Atlantiades didn't give the girl much choice. Swooping in like a prince finding their princess and emitting that powerful light from earlier they'd embrace Karie with a kiss filled with all the good vibes that the Goddess of Love could muster. They didn't quite know how to break the illusion but this was one way to try at least.

@Sark @Lucky
//AFTERLIFE//
//N
3//

For a moment, everything was perfect. The sun shined a little brighter. Distant birds harmonized with angelic choirs. Children of all cultures started to get along. The world was good.
And then Kara slowly pulled away from Atlantiades.
View attachment 6718
"I... I'm good now..." Kara removed her glasses and brushed her hair out of her face. "Thanks... I... thank you. Let's not talk about the whole 'car sales chick' thing every again... okay?"

"She's normal! Hurrah! Hallelujah!"
Gat slowly peeled his forehead from the steering wheel. "Just chuck the alien freak in the back and put your seat-belts on..."

"Alien Freak?" Kara raised an eyebrow. "Really?"

"I'm sorry about my 'friend' here, ma'am. Please. Hop inside out smoking, barely functional vehicle."

Not wanting to argue any longer, Supergirl banished all thoughts of protest with a shake of her head.

"Who are you guys anyway? Anyone got a change of clothes?"

Gat threw his phone back onto the rear seat.

"We're running out of space on this thing. We'll have room for like... one more guy after we grab Black Adam..."

"Adam?" Supergirl snapped. "You guys are working with that maniac?"

"We're not working with him, per se..."
Pierce hummed. "It's more of a case of us trying to hire him to complete a very particular service... thing...Completely different."

"So you're not working with him... but you're actively trying to work with him? This guys bad news. You're biting off more than you can chew here. If he goes rogue, I don't think I can..."

"If you can't kill him, that's all the more reason to go pick him up."
Gat hit the gas. The muscle car starting to grind and groan. With a final creak, it slowly rolled out of the dealership. "Just pick a name already..."

A few new names had appeared on Gat's list.

Azrael- Unlucky Hand Cassino
Black Adam- Black Hall Mall Toy Store En Route
Booster Gold- Blue Horn Museum
Hank Henshaw/Cyborg Superman- Black Gate Race Track
Kara Zor-El- Blue Bow Dealership Complete!
Kent Nelson/Dr. Fate- Goldball Bank
Vamp- Ammendium Hotel and Resort
Wally West- Frozen Tongue Gallery

@Lucky @Jeremi

MAOL-CHALUIM
@Takumi @Minerva @Sark

“I’m fine... I just... god... this place,”
Maol-Chaluim says.

“Well... I guess as the only member of the Chartreuse Team here... we’re with you, I guess. I don’t know who the others are...”

Maol-Chaluim steps forward.

“Maol-Chaluim, god of flora. I was dejected, forced to hide after the Goddess took over. I tried running... but... here I am.”

Maol-Chaluim turns to the army that was gathered.

“If you want a name for the team... Mila seems to be the leader, so I suggest ‘The Millites’, but whatever works is fine, I just wanna get the hell out of here,”

Billy Batson/ Shazam

Shouldn’t we have gotten a new car before we left?” He asked, realizing it had probably been a bad idea to go into his Shazam form now that he was back in the car. “Dr Fate seems like a good pick. Maybe we could get someone besides Adam....: we now have two people who he doesn’t get along with in the car. I’m Billy by the way,” he said to Kara.
@Jeremi @Sark

JUNGLE CAMP
"There is no 'recovery' here." Zod replied coldly. "What is broken remains broken. Those who cannot defend themselves are damned to slow, painful deaths. I'm not a doctor, but I've learned a thing or two about medicine from my time on the battlefield." He slowly approached the brothers. "Give her to me. I can cauterize her wounds. The men who ran this camp before me left plenty of splints behind when they fell. You can tell me all about this plan of yours whilst she rests." A smiled slowly stretched out across his face. "My senses are finely attuned. Little escapes the ear of Zod."

@Yun Lee

TROPICAL FOREST
"We've stuck with you this long, Mila, we're not turning back now." Viper nodded. "We're in it for the long haul."
"Look... I don't really have anywhere else to go so..." Wally rubbed the back of his neck. "I figure you guys could use an extra pair of hands?"
"Yeah? The island changes people." Damian smiled. "Guess I changed for the better."
View attachment 6715
"You think I'm going to sit around on my sandy ass while you guys hit the highway? Not a chance." Roy cracked his neck. "Destiny or not, it's my civic duty to ensure you guys don't go and get yourselves killed on some hair brain escape attempt."
View attachment 6716
"Aye... the Green Team pledges its allegiance to your cause." Thor bowed her head a little. "We'd be honored to fight by your side."
View attachment 6717
"The Purple Team is... skeptical. But we shall offer you assistance... for now..." Noembelu nodded. "We understand the importance of unity in times like these. We know what's at stake. Any plan is better than no plan."

With a nod from Sodam Yat, the last of the Champions were in agreement. The new contestants had flocked to the Old Gods' side. The gathering was looking less like a collection of teams and more like an army. Perhaps they had made assumptions Mila's plan. Perhaps rumors had spread swiftly through the crowd during their brief moments of deliberation. It didn't matter. They were willing to fight for Mila. Their foes wouldn't know what hit them.

"All that remains is to pick a team name..." Robin chuckled. "I suggest you pick one before Roy starts suggesting them. Hell... I suggest you start appointing lieutenants before he starts telling the 'War for the Multiverse' story again..."

@Takumi @Capri @Minerva

//AFTERLIFE//
//N
3//

For a moment, everything was perfect. The sun shined a little brighter. Distant birds harmonized with angelic choirs. Children of all cultures started to get along. The world was good.
View attachment 6718
"I... I'm good now..." Kara removed her glasses and brushed her hair out of her face. "Thanks... I... thank you. Let's not talk about the whole 'car sales chick' thing every again... okay?"

"She's normal! Hurrah! Hallelujah!" Gat slowly peeled his forehead from the steering wheel. "Just chuck the alien freak in the back and put your seat-belts on..."

"I'm sorry about my 'friend' here, ma'am. Please. Hop inside out smoking, barely functional vehicle."

Not wanting to argue any longer, Supergirl banished all thoughts of protest with a shake of her head.

"We're running out of space on this thing. We'll have room for like... one more guy after we grab Black Adam..."

"We're not working with him, per se..." Pierce hummed. "It's more of a case of us trying to hire him to complete a very particular service... thing...Completely different."

"So you're not working with him... but you're actively trying to work with him? This guys bad news. You're biting off more than you can chew here. If he goes rogue, I don't think I can..."

"If you can't kill him, that's all the more reason to go pick him up." Gat hit the gas. The muscle car starting to grind and groan. With a final creak, it slowly rolled out of the dealership. "Just pick a name already..."

@Lucky @Jeremi

Atlantiades actually seemed aa bit surprised as they let go. "Oh, it actually worked," They shrugged. It was nice to see something resolve itself peacefully for a change. "You're welcome." As they got back to the car Atlantiades echoed Pierce's statement. "In the war against An'Lu'Munus we need everyone we can get. She is the foe of everyone and she must be destroyed. Adam's strength is needed. As for who should be next. Dr. Fate might be a good choice. I would suggest getting everyone that is powerful before they can be turned to be used against us. I don't believe we'll be able to do this much longer without anyone taking notice."

@Sark @Lucky

JUNGLE CAMP

@Yun Lee

TROPICAL FOREST
View attachment 6715
View attachment 6716
View attachment 6717

"All that remains is to pick a team name..."
Robin chuckled. "I suggest you pick one before Roy starts suggesting them. Hell... I suggest you start appointing lieutenants before he starts telling the 'War for the Multiverse' story again..."

@Takumi @Capri @Minerva

//AFTERLIFE//
//N
3//

View attachment 6718

"She's normal! Hurrah! Hallelujah!"
Gat slowly peeled his forehead from the steering wheel. "Just chuck the alien freak in the back and put your seat-belts on..."

"We're not working with him, per se..."
Pierce hummed. "It's more of a case of us trying to hire him to complete a very particular service... thing...Completely different."

"If you can't kill him, that's all the more reason to go pick him up."
Gat hit the gas. The muscle car starting to grind and groan. With a final creak, it slowly rolled out of the dealership. "Just pick a name already..."

@Lucky @Jeremi

MAOL-CHALUIM
@Takumi @Minerva @Sark

“I’m fine... I just... god... this place,”
Maol-Chaluim says.

“Well... I guess as the only member of the Chartreuse Team here... we’re with you, I guess. I don’t know who the others are...”

“Maol-Chaluim, god of flora. I was dejected, forced to hide after the Goddess took over. I tried running... but... here I am.”

“If you want a name for the team... Mila seems to be the leader, so I suggest ‘The Millites’, but whatever works is fine, I just wanna get the hell out of here,”

"Your help is greatly appreciated, even if we part ways I can only hope it'll be on good terms." Mila replied to Noembelu with a small smile.

"The god of flora...how interesting, to meet another with a similar title." She mused.

Amusement showed on her face as the others spoke up with suggestions on naming their growing army.

"I'm not much on naming, I'm afraid, but The Millites has a nice ring to it." She chuckled.

When Damian mentioned picking Leutenants, she glanced to him. It'd been far too long since she led anyone into battle. Her gaze grew distant a moment, remembering something from years back.

"We can worry about lieutenants later." She concluded, back in the present and ready to do what she could.

@Sark @Capri @Minerva

“I’m fine... I just... god... this place,” Maol-Chaluim says.

"Your help is greatly appreciated, even if we part ways I can only hope it'll be on good terms." Mila replied to Noembelu with a small smile.

"The god of flora...how interesting, to meet another with a similar title." She mused.

Amusement showed on her face as the others spoke up with suggestions on naming their growing army.

"I'm not much on naming, I'm afraid, but The Millites has a nice ring to it." She chuckled.

When Damian mentioned picking Leutenants, she glanced to him. It'd been far too long since she led anyone into battle. Her gaze grew distant a moment, remembering something from years back.

"We can worry about lieutenants later." She concluded, back in the present and ready to do what she could.

@Sark @Capri @Minerva
TROPICAL FOREST
View attachment 6748
"Ahhhhh Milites..." Roy grimaced. "You guys... you guys are giving me Cult-Vibes all of a sudden..."
"Ignore him. He thinks he's funny."
"I am."
"Call it wishful thinking."
"Personally, I would've voted for 'Titans' or 'Roy and the Royettes'. But hey, Milites it is. Come on. Let's hit the road. If we've got a trace on your boy's scent, we better start following it before Wally's smell covers it up."
"What the Hell, man?"
FLAMING FOREST CAMP
With their border guard dead and buried, the Milites were able to venture safely into the Flaming Forest without opposition. The trail was simple and straight, but there was a strange tenseness in the air as the world aside the Forest vanished in a smokey haze. Even Roy lowered his voice. Even Roy lowered his tone when the Forest-Team's headquarters came into view--

A large, multi-room igloo sat among the flames. Cooled by Bizarro's arctic vision, the icy hut refused to collapse. The intense heat barely dampened the frozen tunnel's outer walls.
"This is it, huh?"
View attachment 6749
Slade folded his arms and scowled beneath his helmet. "And our man is inside that? I won't lie... I've seen worse. For a bunch o' guys trapped on a Murder-Island, looks like they've held up well enough..."
"How are we going to handle this, Mila?" Noembelu hummed. "We outnumber these contestants by a fair margin. If we're all present when they come out, it could look like we're trying to puff out our chests... like we're trying to intimidate them..."
View attachment 6752
"What else can we do?" Sodam muttered, his brow tense. "Hide in the bushes? If those guys catch sight of us scurrying about the place, they're gonna think we're plotting an ambush. If we're line up and let them know who they're dealing with--"
"They're gonna be on edge the whole time--"
"Oh, just shut the fuck up Slade--" Roy groaned.
"You got a problem with me, Arsenal?"
"I don't know, maybe the fact that you kill people for a living??"
"Look around, kid. We're on a Murder-Island. Everyone here has--"
"Right, there's a big difference between killing the guy who's running at you with an axe and pulling out a gun and shooting some CEO because his ex-wife has--"
"The outcome's the same either way. How is killing some corrupt exec worse that killing some other guy who wants to get off the island as much as you--"
"Don't twist it, man, I just don't think we should be taking negotiation advice from a mustache twirling super-villain!"
"I'm just trying to--"
"C'mon, Roy, I can vouch for him... sorta..."
"We need all the help we can get here--"
"You need to quiet down. They'll here us."
View attachment 6753
"Please...
" Diana sighed. "Now isn't the time to--"
View attachment 6754
"Please!" Kaluu sneered. "I'd much rather we all aired our grievances now. It's much easier than removing a dagger from your back later..."
"Mila..." Viper gave Mila a desperate, confused look out of the corner of her eye. "Now might be a good time to uhh..."

@Takumi @Capri @Minerva @Crunch @Yun Lee
Billy Batson/ Shazam

“ Shouldn’t we have gotten a new car before we left?” He asked, realizing it had probably been a bad idea to go into his Shazam form now that he was back in the car. “Dr Fate seems like a good pick. Maybe we could get someone besides Adam....: we now have two people who he doesn’t get along with in the car. I’m Billy by the way,” he said to Kara.
//N3//
"Billy?" Kara squinted. "Billy Batson? We've--We've met before. We didn't really speak much but... Murderworld. Ra... how long has it been since-"

"FUCK!" Gat punched the wheel again. "Now you remind me? Now you talk about grabbin' another car? FUCK!" He punched it again. "I'm not turning around now. That place has gotta be swarming with cops... it's a goddamn miracle they haven't caught up with us yet..."

"Yeah... that's... that's kinda weird, isn't it? They must've taken one look at the inquisitor in the back and just fucked right off..."

Atlantiades actually seemed aa bit surprised as they let go. "Oh, it actually worked," They shrugged. It was nice to see something resolve itself peacefully for a change. "You're welcome." As they got back to the car Atlantiades echoed Pierce's statement. "In the war against An'Lu'Munus we need everyone we can get. She is the foe of everyone and she must be destroyed. Adam's strength is needed. As for who should be next. Dr. Fate might be a good choice. I would suggest getting everyone that is powerful before they can be turned to be used against us. I don't believe we'll be able to do this much longer without anyone taking notice."
"An'Lu'Munus..." Kara's brow grew a little tenser. "I recognise that name from the propaganda videos... and the daily prayers... my memories are... hazy? Are you guys feeling that?" Supergirl rubbed her temples. "There's something up with this place. I can't tell if I got into the car 5 seconds ago or 5 years ago..."

"Yeahhhh time down here is a little funked."
Pierce shrugged. "Takes a lil getting used to. Persephone said something about the Dimensions? You'll have to ask her when we get back to base. Short answer is that every second lasts forever, but also doesn't?"

"I'll... just ask Persephone..."

"Good, because I know jack shit about the science."

Kara turned back to Atlantiades.

"Look, I can tell that you're strong just my looking at you, but... even with me and Adam and Billy and Fate, the Goddess is still... the Goddess? I don't think we can fit something strong enough to turn the tides a car like this, not matter how cramped things get. Is there a deeper plan, here? Or are we just going to... try punching her to death, wherever she may be??"

@Jeremi @Lucky

Billy Batson/Shazam

“ Yeah, I wasn’t sure if it was the same you. Multiverse is weird like that. Five years and a few months, give or take reality being rewritten by a madman.... I think. Events of that are a bit hazy for that. Well, there was a sword back in the place we died. Apparently if we hand it off to some mortals, they can kill the Goddess.”

@Jeremi @Sark

"It is a simple plan," Gill replied, offering Cammy to Zod. "Escape this place, take the sword Bison has wrongfully claimed, and destroy the Goddess." He considered Zod carefully. Jon was...Eobard was...did this mean he was...?

@Sark

TROPICAL FOREST
View attachment 6748
"Ahhhhh Milites..." Roy grimaced. "You guys... you guys are giving me Cult-Vibes all of a sudden..."
"I am."
"Personally, I would've voted for 'Titans' or 'Roy and the Royettes'. But hey, Milites it is. Come on. Let's hit the road. If we've got a trace on your boy's scent, we better start following it before Wally's smell covers it up."
"What the Hell, man?"
FLAMING FOREST CAMP
With their border guard dead and buried, the Milites were able to venture safely into the Flaming Forest without opposition. The trail was simple and straight, but there was a strange tenseness in the air as the world aside the Forest vanished in a smokey haze. Even Roy lowered his voice. Even Roy lowered his tone when the Forest-Team's headquarters came into view--

A large, multi-room igloo sat among the flames. Cooled by Bizarro's arctic vision, the icy hut refused to collapse. The intense heat barely dampened the frozen tunnel's outer walls.
"This is it, huh?"
View attachment 6749
Slade folded his arms and scowled beneath his helmet. "And our man is inside that? I won't lie... I've seen worse. For a bunch o' guys trapped on a Murder-Island, looks like they've held up well enough..."
"How are we going to handle this, Mila?" Noembelu hummed. "We outnumber these contestants by a fair margin. If we're all present when they come out, it could look like we're trying to puff out our chests... like we're trying to intimidate them..."
View attachment 6752
"What else can we do?" Sodam muttered, his brow tense. "Hide in the bushes? If those guys catch sight of us scurrying about the place, they're gonna think we're plotting an ambush. If we're line up and let them know who they're dealing with--"
"Right, there's a big difference between killing the guy who's running at you with an axe and pulling out a gun and shooting some CEO because his ex-wife has--"
"The outcome's the same either way. How is killing some corrupt exec worse that killing some other guy who wants to get off the island as much as you--"
"Don't twist it, man, I just don't think we should be taking negotiation advice from a mustache twirling super-villain!"
"I'm just trying to--"
View attachment 6753
"Please...
View attachment 6754
"Please!" Kaluu sneered. "I'd much rather we all aired our grievances now. It's much easier than removing a dagger from your back later..."
"Mila..." Viper gave Mila a desperate, confused look out of the corner of her eye. "Now might be a good time to uhh..."

//N3//
"Billy?" Kara squinted. "Billy Batson? We've--We've met before. We didn't really speak much but... Murderworld. Ra... how long has it been since-"

"FUCK!" Gat punched the wheel again. "Now you remind me? Now you talk about grabbin' another car? FUCK!" He punched it again. "I'm not turning around now. That place has gotta be swarming with cops... it's a goddamn miracle they haven't caught up with us yet..."

"Yeah... that's... that's kinda weird, isn't it? They must've taken one look at the inquisitor in the back and just fucked right off..."

"An'Lu'Munus..." Kara's brow grew a little tenser. "I recognise that name from the propaganda videos... and the daily prayers... my memories are... hazy? Are you guys feeling that?" Supergirl rubbed her temples. "There's something up with this place. I can't tell if I got into the car 5 seconds ago or 5 years ago..."

"Yeahhhh time down here is a little funked." Pierce shrugged. "Takes a lil getting used to. Persephone said something about the Dimensions? You'll have to ask her when we get back to base. Short answer is that every second lasts forever, but also doesn't?"

"Look, I can tell that you're strong just my looking at you, but... even with me and Adam and Billy and Fate, the Goddess is still... the Goddess? I don't think we can fit something strong enough to turn the tides a car like this, not matter how cramped things get. Is there a deeper plan, here? Or are we just going to... try punching her to death, wherever she may be??"

@Jeremi @Lucky

"No, but I'd like the largest audience imaginable when she is finally snuffed out," Atlantiades replied to Kara in a matter of fact tone. "The matter is to even reach her we'll have to breach Hell to do so. An'Lu'Munus is one thing, an escape is a whole other thing. Perhaps I will add Lord of Hell as one of my titles before this is all over?"

@Sark @Lucky

TROPICAL FOREST
View attachment 6748
"I am."
"What the Hell, man?"
FLAMING FOREST CAMP

"This is it, huh?"
View attachment 6749
View attachment 6752
"I'm just trying to--"
View attachment 6753
"Please...
View attachment 6754

//N3//

"Yeahhhh time down here is a little funked."
Pierce shrugged. "Takes a lil getting used to. Persephone said something about the Dimensions? You'll have to ask her when we get back to base. Short answer is that every second lasts forever, but also doesn't?"

@Jeremi @Lucky

"A cult?" Mila rose a brow. Was that a joke? If it was, it went over her head. She didn't want this to be considered a cult, it wasn't her intention. Besides, she had her own religious followers back in her own world, and that was enough.

"I didn't intend for it to sound that way, but...Roy and the Royettes?" She tilted her head in slight confusion, but also slight amusement. This Roy was kind of funny, at least a little.

As the group pressed forwards and began to bicker, she frowned as she listened to them for a moment. Straightening her posture when Viper spoke to her she gave the other a hand on the shoulder before turning to those gathered.

"Everyone settle down, please. Damian, Viper, and I'll go, see if we can talk with them. Unless someone else wishes to come with us?" She offered, hoping to placate them in some way.

@Sark @Capri @Minerva

"It is a simple plan," Gill replied, offering Cammy to Zod. "Escape this place, take the sword Bison has wrongfully claimed, and destroy the Goddess." He considered Zod carefully. Jon was...Eobard was...did this mean he was...?

@Sark
JUNGLE CAMP
"That's not a goal" Zod hummed, taking Cammy into his arms. He slowly laid her down at the base of his camp. A thin beam of heat vision slowly danced across Cammy's wounds. The Doll squirmed in pain, but the iron palm that covered her mouth kept her from screaming. Zod forced her to lie back down as he finished her work. "Not a plan. There's a difference." Zod hummed, unaffected by the girl's resistance. "Believe me. Everyone here has a goal just like that one... minus the sword, however. Tell me, Gill. How do you plan on achieving this goal? And how does this girl fit into things?"

"Roy and the Royettes?"
FLAMING FOREST
"You hear that, Wally?" Roy threw his head back and chuckled. "That sounds like another vote in favor of 'Roy and the Royettes'!"
"That's... that's definitely not what she meant..."
"Less talking, more tallying!" Roy waggled his finger at Wally, a grin pinned to his lips. "We're going to want a nice fair vote here-- Right now, we're looking at 2 votes to one in favor of 'Roy and the Royettes'!"
"I'm... I'm gonna vote for anything that isn't 'Roy and the Royettes'..."
"Call it selective hearing, but all I heard just now was 'Roy and the Royettes'. That's 3 votes in favor of 'Roy and the Royettes'. Any more votes in favor of--"'
"If he says those 4 words again..." Viper buried her head in her hands. "I'm going to kill him... and them myself, probably... What did I do to deserve this...?"
As the group pressed forwards and began to bicker, she frowned as she listened to them for a moment. Straightening her posture when Viper spoke to her she gave the other a hand on the shoulder before turning to those gathered.

"Everyone settle down, please. Damian, Viper, and I'll go, see if we can talk with them. Unless someone else wishes to come with us?" She offered, hoping to placate them in some way.

@Sark @Capri @Minerva
Mila's voice had an unexpected affect on the rowdy parties. They lowered their hands. They uncoiled their fists. They slowly turned and walked away from each other, their hatred lingering on only in the corners of each other's eyes.
View attachment 6773
"That was... impressive..." Jane smiled, taken back by the development. "Thine voice could soothe seas and hearts alike. The Mighty Thor shall accompany you, provided our companions can keep it together out here?"

"Full disclosure?" Roy squinted and rubbed his neck. "I probably can't I'll come inside, as long as Slade-y stays outside."

"
Fine by me," Slade shrugged and turned to Sodam Yat. "That ring... if it can magic up a deck of cards, promise you won't cheat?"

"No promises," In a flash of green leaped out of Yat's ring and formed a small table and chairs. He clicked his fingers and conjured up a deck of cards. "Who else wants in?" The crowd of champions slowly huddled around the table.

"Anyone else here play poker?"
"Ahhh... I know go fish?"
"We're not playing go fish, kid."
"Ah... I'll just... watch..."

"I might stay here, Mila."
Viper nodded. "I'm used to baby sitting... I'll do what I can out here and you? You can work your magic in there... If any thing goes south, just give us a call, yeah?"
View attachment 6774
"If you're down a pair of hands..." Liz hummed, picking herself up from the ground. "You can use mine..."
She snapped her fingers. A small fire burned in the palm of her hand. Without another word, she stepped inside the Igloo.
IGLOO
Unsurprisingly, the Igloo was cold. Thor wrapped her cloak around her a little tighter. Robin pulled his hood over his head. Roy cradled his shivering arms, regretting his decision to come along. Even with Liz's fires to warm them, the Igloo's chill was intense and unnatural. The Igloo's halls seemed to wind on forever. They were venturing into a slippery, underground maze, illuminated only by the light from a quiet young girl's hand...

A communal room sat at the end of one of the corridors. Wrapped in bear furs and armed to the teeth, the homeowners were waiting for them.
View attachment 6779
"Me am looking backwards to this..." Bizarro grumbled as he lumbered across the room to loom over his 'guests'. "Me am letting you walk away this time... Me am not going to avenge Person-Spider..."

"Easy, B, easy..."
Frost hushed him quiet. "They wouldn't come back here looking for a fight... They are stupid, but they are not suicidal... So what's the news, Darling?" Frost folded his arms and raised an eyebrow at Mila. "And who the fuck are these guys?"

@Takumi @Capri @Crunch
Billy Batson/Shazam

“ Yeah, I wasn’t sure if it was the same you. Multiverse is weird like that. Five years and a few months, give or take reality being rewritten by a madman.... I think. Events of that are a bit hazy for that. Well, there was a sword back in the place we died. Apparently if we hand it off to some mortals, they can kill the Goddess.”
//N3//
"5 years..." Kara repeated to herself. "The world's changed so quickly... my friends... my family... Rao, they've probably all moved on by now." Something Billy had said took a moment or two to really hit Kara. She slowly raised her head, and with it, an eyebrow. "What's this about a Sword?"
"No, but I'd like the largest audience imaginable when she is finally snuffed out," Atlantiades replied to Kara in a matter of fact tone. "The matter is to even reach her we'll have to breach Hell to do so. An'Lu'Munus is one thing, an escape is a whole other thing. Perhaps I will add Lord of Hell as one of my titles before this is all over?"

@Sark @Lucky

"That's an elaborate way of saying 'we don't have a plan'..."
Kara sighed and stumbled into her seat a little more as the car pulled into the Mall's carpark. "All the back-doors in and out of this realm were sealed off after the first war. People don't just 'leave' the N3. The Goddess' slice of Hell isn't as hellish as the rest of it, but it's a prison nonetheless. They only way 'out' is to die again. If that happens? Your soul gets obliterated. I don't think that would pass for the pulpy escape you have in mind... If you want to rule Hell, you'll have to get in line... and believe me, that line is long..."

"The Marines. The Goddess. The Dark Gods. The Line of Blackheart."
Atreus bowed his head a little. "You'd be hard-pressed to find someone down here who doesn't want to wear that heavy crown... I doubt the Hellions would pass on an opportunity to rule the Negative Third Dimension, would they, Gat?"

"Fuck, I wouldn't say no to an infinite army of demons and an endless supply of real-estate."
Gat smiled, rolling his toothpick between his lips, "Still. There are some among us who'd rather see this dump burned to the ground. Can't really blame them." Johnny pulled upon the hand break and brought the car to a full stop in the middle of the garage. "Everybody out." He snapped. He went to open his door. It simply fell out of its hinges and struck the concrete. "Sounds about right... Whilst you guys are tracking down Adam, I'll go find us a new set of wheels. Oh, and what's the plan with the alien in the trunk? We leaving him inside this thing when I burn it to the ground? Or do you guys want to wake him up and give him the usual prep-talk-slash-make-out-sesh?"

@Jeremi @Lucky

MAOL-CHALUIM
@Sark @Takumi @Crunch

“Hey... uh... I’m Maol-Chaluim, uh... I’m friends with Mila... I... uh... I’m a member of the Chartreuse Team, and I’m the god of flora.”
Mail-Chaluim said in response to Frost. He approached with his hands up in an attempt to say ‘we’re here to negotiate’.

Billy Batson/Shazam

" Yeah, it might have changed a lot or a little. Time is a little bit wibbly wobbly and not consistent throughout the world. Some worlds, you can be gone from somewhere for weeks and it's been only a few minutes, others you can be gone for a few minutes and it's been centuries. Posiedon gave me a sword that apparently is as ancient as the Goddess and if wielded by mortals, can kill her."
Billy paused to think for a second. " Uhhh.... he kind of looks like your cousin.... so maybe you can snap some sense into him." He would lift up the trunk to show Kara who was in it.

@Sark @Takumi

JUNGLE CAMP
"That's not a goal" Zod hummed, taking Cammy into his arms. He slowly laid her down at the base of his camp. A thin beam of heat vision slowly danced across Cammy's wounds. The Doll squirmed in pain, but the iron palm that covered her mouth kept her from screaming. Zod forced her to lie back down as he finished her work. "Not a plan. There's a difference." Zod hummed, unaffected by the girl's resistance. "Believe me. Everyone here has a goal just like that one... minus the sword, however. Tell me, Gill. How do you plan on achieving this goal? And how does this girl fit into things?"

FLAMING FOREST
"You hear that, Wally?" Roy threw his head back and chuckled. "That sounds like another vote in favor of 'Roy and the Royettes'!"
"Less talking, more tallying!" Roy waggled his finger at Wally, a grin pinned to his lips. "We're going to want a nice fair vote here-- Right now, we're looking at 2 votes to one in favor of 'Roy and the Royettes'!"
"Call it selective hearing, but all I heard just now was 'Roy and the Royettes'. That's 3 votes in favor of 'Roy and the Royettes'. Any more votes in favor of--"'
"If he says those 4 words again..." Viper buried her head in her hands. "I'm going to kill him... and them myself, probably... What did I do to deserve this...?"

Mila's voice had an unexpected affect on the rowdy parties. They lowered their hands. They uncoiled their fists. They slowly turned and walked away from each other, their hatred lingering on only in the corners of each other's eyes.
View attachment 6773
"That was... impressive..." Jane smiled, taken back by the development. "Thine voice could soothe seas and hearts alike. The Mighty Thor shall accompany you, provided our companions can keep it together out here?"

"Full disclosure?" Roy squinted and rubbed his neck. "I probably can't I'll come inside, as long as Slade-y stays outside."

"
Fine by me," Slade shrugged and turned to Sodam Yat. "That ring... if it can magic up a deck of cards, promise you won't cheat?"

"No promises," In a flash of green leaped out of Yat's ring and formed a small table and chairs. He clicked his fingers and conjured up a deck of cards. "Who else wants in?" The crowd of champions slowly huddled around the table.

"I might stay here, Mila." Viper nodded. "I'm used to baby sitting... I'll do what I can out here and you? You can work your magic in there... If any thing goes south, just give us a call, yeah?"
View attachment 6774
"If you're down a pair of hands..." Liz hummed, picking herself up from the ground. "You can use mine..."
She snapped her fingers. A small fire burned in the palm of her hand. Without another word, she stepped inside the Igloo.
IGLOO
Unsurprisingly, the Igloo was cold. Thor wrapped her cloak around her a little tighter. Robin pulled his hood over his head. Roy cradled his shivering arms, regretting his decision to come along. Even with Liz's fires to warm them, the Igloo's chill was intense and unnatural. The Igloo's halls seemed to wind on forever. They were venturing into a slippery, underground maze, illuminated only by the light from a quiet young girl's hand...

A communal room sat at the end of one of the corridors. Wrapped in bear furs and armed to the teeth, the homeowners were waiting for them.
View attachment 6779
"Me am looking backwards to this..." Bizarro grumbled as he lumbered across the room to loom over his 'guests'. "Me am letting you walk away this time... Me am not going to avenge Person-Spider..."

"Easy, B, easy..." Frost hushed him quiet. "They wouldn't come back here looking for a fight... They are stupid, but they are not suicidal... So what's the news, Darling?" Frost folded his arms and raised an eyebrow at Mila. "And who the fuck are these guys?"

@Takumi @Capri @Crunch

//N3//
"5 years..." Kara repeated to herself. "The world's changed so quickly... my friends... my family... Rao, they've probably all moved on by now." Something Billy had said took a moment or two to really hit Kara. She slowly raised her head, and with it, an eyebrow. "What's this about a Sword?"

Kara sighed and stumbled into her seat a little more as the car pulled into the Mall's carpark. "All the back-doors in and out of this realm were sealed off after the first war. People don't just 'leave' the N3. The Goddess' slice of Hell isn't as hellish as the rest of it, but it's a prison nonetheless. They only way 'out' is to die again. If that happens? Your soul gets obliterated. I don't think that would pass for the pulpy escape you have in mind... If you want to rule Hell, you'll have to get in line... and believe me, that line is long..."

"The Marines. The Goddess. The Dark Gods. The Line of Blackheart." Atreus bowed his head a little. "You'd be hard-pressed to find someone down here who doesn't want to wear that heavy crown... I doubt the Hellions would pass on an opportunity to rule the Negative Third Dimension, would they, Gat?"

"Fuck, I wouldn't say no to an infinite army of demons and an endless supply of real-estate." Gat smiled, rolling his toothpick between his lips, "Still. There are some among us who'd rather see this dump burned to the ground. Can't really blame them." Johnny pulled upon the hand break and brought the car to a full stop in the middle of the garage. "Everybody out." He snapped. He went to open his door. It simply fell out of its hinges and struck the concrete. "Sounds about right... Whilst you guys are tracking down Adam, I'll go find us a new set of wheels. Oh, and what's the plan with the alien in the trunk? We leaving him inside this thing when I burn it to the ground? Or do you guys want to wake him up and give him the usual prep-talk-slash-make-out-sesh?"

@Jeremi @Lucky

That's right, Atlantiades had totally forgotten about the boy stashed in the trunk. "Well might as well give it a try," They remarked getting out of the car. "Perhaps a little more hands-on love will wake him out of his stupor."

@Sark @Lucky

JUNGLE CAMP

FLAMING FOREST

View attachment 6773

"

"I might stay here, Mila."
Viper nodded. "I'm used to baby sitting... I'll do what I can out here and you? You can work your magic in there... If any thing goes south, just give us a call, yeah?"
View attachment 6774
IGLOO

View attachment 6779

"Easy, B, easy..."
Frost hushed him quiet. "They wouldn't come back here looking for a fight... They are stupid, but they are not suicidal... So what's the news, Darling?" Frost folded his arms and raised an eyebrow at Mila. "And who the fuck are these guys?"

@Takumi @Capri @Crunch

//N3//

"The Marines. The Goddess. The Dark Gods. The Line of Blackheart."
Atreus bowed his head a little. "You'd be hard-pressed to find someone down here who doesn't want to wear that heavy crown... I doubt the Hellions would pass on an opportunity to rule the Negative Third Dimension, would they, Gat?"

"Fuck, I wouldn't say no to an infinite army of demons and an endless supply of real-estate."
Gat smiled, rolling his toothpick between his lips, "Still. There are some among us who'd rather see this dump burned to the ground. Can't really blame them." Johnny pulled upon the hand break and brought the car to a full stop in the middle of the garage. "Everybody out." He snapped. He went to open his door. It simply fell out of its hinges and struck the concrete. "Sounds about right... Whilst you guys are tracking down Adam, I'll go find us a new set of wheels. Oh, and what's the plan with the alien in the trunk? We leaving him inside this thing when I burn it to the ground? Or do you guys want to wake him up and give him the usual prep-talk-slash-make-out-sesh?"

@Jeremi @Lucky

28b3199ada440d25e62973a371118b62ad369d93.jpg

Mila giggled softly at Roy's antics, deciding not to correct him on his misunderstanding. She grew pleased that, at the very least, the group didn't come to blows. Thor's comment caused a solemn smile to form on her face.

"I've had some experience in trying to soothe others, I'm at least glad no one's come to blows as of yet." When Viper offered to stay behind, she nodded in her understanding.

As their group entered into the igloo, a trail of smoke left her nose as she attempted to stay warm.

55bfaabdb02e04ac0f7c0bd8c1caee0d82c6d9a8.jpg

"!!"

And as Bizarro approached, she stared him down unflinchingly as he loomed over their group. Her hair fanned out in front of those in her group like wings, protective as it stood on end. Her pupils thinned but she kept a straight posture throughout, despite the threat of potential danger.

6f8ecafb6de3863ba958a299c84bb6b4e7bf540e.jpg

Her gaze went to James as he spoke, followed by Moul-Chaluim as her body relaxed slightly, hair lowering as she did so. She looked Frost over for any wounds momentarily, concerned.

"I'm still coming to grips with it myself, but after encountering a trinket the Goddess left behind, a woman asked me to find you and make sure you, as she put it, 'does something stupid'. A woman named Willow. Not only that, we've ran into different members of different teams, from different times and days...I don't expect you to believe me, or to forgive me. If anything, do know that I'm doing the best I can in the attempt of putting a stop to the Goddess, and putting a stop to Bison is just a step in that direction." She spoke truthfully.

Her gaze softened a moment, she took a step forward but didn't try to crowd into either one's space.

"At least consider it, giving your aid? Please?" Mila asked softly.

@Sark @Capri @Minerva

MAOL-CHALUIM
@Sark @Takumi @Crunch

“Hey... uh... I’m Maol-Chaluim, uh... I’m friends with Mila... I... uh... I’m a member of the Chartreuse Team, and I’m the god of flora.”
Mail-Chaluim said in response to Frost. He approached with his hands up in an attempt to say ‘we’re here to negotiate’.
IGLOO
View attachment 6797

"Incorrect." Decapre hummed bluntly from the other-side of the hall. Her eyes were fixed upon one of the chamber's icy walls. A single word from the Doll was enough to send Frost's head spinning on its axis. She hadn't spoken in weeks. Not to the allies she had known for months. Not to the young boy she had taken into her care. Not to even to herself. And yet, there was something about Maol-Chaluim that had stolen her attention away. "We are all that remains of the Chartreuse Team. Rasputina may be dead, but replacements are not summoned until 10pm. You lie. You mock us."

Her gaze went to James as he spoke, followed by Moul-Chaluim as her body relaxed slightly, hair lowering as she did so. She looked Frost over for any wounds momentarily, concerned.

"I'm still coming to grips with it myself, but after encountering a trinket the Goddess left behind, a woman asked me to find you and make sure you, as she put it, 'does something stupid'. A woman named Willow. Not only that, we've ran into different members of different teams, from different times and days...I don't expect you to believe me, or to forgive me. If anything, do know that I'm doing the best I can in the attempt of putting a stop to the Goddess, and putting a stop to Bison is just a step in that direction." She spoke truthfully.

Her gaze softened a moment, she took a step forward but didn't try to crowd into either one's space.

"At least consider it, giving your aid? Please?" Mila asked softly.
"Willow..." Frost repeated to himself. He unfolded his arms. He gestured for Bizarro to stand down. The beast silently heeded his command and retreat to the back of the room. The failed-clone went back to scratching a strange diagram into a patch of ice in the corner. James stepped away from the doorway, allowing the Champions to enter the wider Igloo. "That name doesn't ring any bells."

"None?" Damian squinted. "None at all?"

"Sorry, Darlings, but I know jack."

"Bullshit!" Roy interjected, shoving a finger in Frost's face. "You're holding out on us!"

"Am I?" Diamond Patch looked down upon Roy's finger. "It's not a matter of faith or forgiveness, pal. It's a matter of me not knowing jack. You want to get that thing out my face now, or do I have to cut it off myself?"

Roy complied and began to pace the room.

"Listen, Mila, I know we didn't part ways on the best of terms."
James sighed. "But you don't have to worry about any me doing anything 'stupid'. I've accepted my fate. We're stuck here. I'll happily spend the last of my days down here, outta harms way. The Chartreuse did me a solid when they took me in after a certain somebody killed the brains of their operation. I've been doing what I can to help them out. I'm here 'repaying a debt', if that's what you want to call it." He broke eye contact with Mila and turned away, brushing some flakes of snow from his chin. "There's a kid down here, Mila. The Big Guy, the Doll and I... we want to make sure he makes it out alive. Now, I'm no genius, but I can't of anything stupid about trying to save a life... They've got a plan. It's going to take some work, but it's the only hope that boy's got... If you really want to make amends for... for what happened, we could use your strength."

"Look, Mila said that you were going to do something stupid. Right now, I'm guess that--"

"Kid, do you have any idea how many guys there are out there- in the whole damn multiverse- named 'James Frost'? Do you know how many 'James's there are? I keep getting sent mail addressed to a lizard-lookin' Dictator with the same last-name as me. There are no absolutes, not anymore. You think its possible that this... 'Willow' was talking about
another guy named James?"

@Yun Lee @Capri @Minerva @Crunch
" Yeah, it might have changed a lot or a little. Time is a little bit wibbly wobbly and not consistent throughout the world. Some worlds, you can be gone from somewhere for weeks and it's been only a few minutes, others you can be gone for a few minutes and it's been centuries. Posiedon gave me a sword that apparently is as ancient as the Goddess and if wielded by mortals, can kill her." Billy paused to think for a second. " Uhhh.... he kind of looks like your cousin.... so maybe you can snap some sense into him." He would lift up the trunk to show Kara who was in it.
"Wielded by mortals..." Kara repeated to herself. "Any mortals?" The Kryptonian scowled. "Billy, how could you lose a weapon like that?! That could be the difference between-- and you just lost it? Who has it now? Who has the sword?"
That's right, Atlantiades had totally forgotten about the boy stashed in the trunk. "Well might as well give it a try," They remarked getting out of the car. "Perhaps a little more hands-on love will wake him out of his stupor."
Once the Old Gods had left the car, Pierce kicked the trunk's lock, sending its door swinging open. Still dazed by impact of Gat's hood ornament, Jon slowly pushed himself up and out of the vehicle. He struck the concrete with a crack.

"This... not my cousin..."
Kara thinned her eyes. "There's something familiar about him, but... Kal doesn't have any kids. Not yet anyway. Then again, I've been dead for half a decade, give or take."

Kara crouched down beside the nauseous Inquisitor. She squinted a little more and he slowly struggled to pick himself up.

"He looks like a clone I knew, once upon a time... but it's not him... If that crest on his chest is anything to go by, he thinks he's hailing from the House of El. Consider it a big, red warning sign, Atlantiades. We might be kicking a sleeping bear here..."

@Jeremi @Lucky

MAOL-CHALUIM
@Sark @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crunch

"Uh... how do I say this... We all come from different times,"
Maol-Chaluim says, "I come from... I believe... a different Chartreuse Team than this one, since I don't recognize you... but..."

He turns to Noembelu.

"I-I do recognize you. You were on the Purple Team, right? With uh... I don't know... I forget who... but you were there... I saw you..."

IGLOO
View attachment 6797

"Incorrect." Decapre hummed bluntly from the other-side of the hall. Her eyes were fixed upon one of the chamber's icy walls. A single word from the Doll was enough to send Frost's head spinning on its axis. She hadn't spoken in weeks. Not to the allies she had known for months. Not to the young boy she had taken into her care. Not to even to herself. And yet, there was something about Maol-Chaluim that had stolen her attention away. "We are all that remains of the Chartreuse Team. Rasputina may be dead, but replacements are not summoned until 10pm. You lie. You mock us."

"Willow..." Frost repeated to himself. He unfolded his arms. He gestured for Bizarro to stand down. The beast silently heeded his command and retreat to the back of the room. The failed-clone went back to scratching a strange diagram into a patch of ice in the corner. James stepped away from the doorway, allowing the Champions to enter the wider Igloo. "That name doesn't ring any bells."

"None?" Damian squinted. "None at all?"

"Sorry, Darlings, but I know jack."

"Bullshit!" Roy interjected, shoving a finger in Frost's face. "You're holding out on us!"

"Am I?" Diamond Patch looked down upon Roy's finger. "It's not a matter of faith or forgiveness, pal. It's a matter of me not knowing jack. You want to get that thing out my face now, or do I have to cut it off myself?"

Roy complied and began to pace the room.

"Listen, Mila, I know we didn't part ways on the best of terms."
James sighed. "But you don't have to worry about any me doing anything 'stupid'. I've accepted my fate. We're stuck here. I'll happily spend the last of my days down here, outta harms way. The Chartreuse did me a solid when they took me in after a certain somebody killed the brains of their operation. I've been doing what I can to help them out. I'm here 'repaying a debt', if that's what you want to call it." He broke eye contact with Mila and turned away, brushing some flakes of snow from his chin. "There's a kid down here, Mila. The Big Guy, the Doll and I... we want to make sure he makes it out alive. Now, I'm no genius, but I can't of anything stupid about trying to save a life... They've got a plan. It's going to take some work, but it's the only hope that boy's got... If you really want to make amends for... for what happened, we could use your strength."

"Look, Mila said that you were going to do something stupid. Right now, I'm guess that--"

"Kid, do you have any idea how many guys there are out there- in the whole damn multiverse- named 'James Frost'? Do you know how many 'James's there are? I keep getting sent mail addressed to a lizard-lookin' Dictator with the same last-name as me. There are no absolutes, not anymore. You think its possible that this... 'Willow' was talking about
another guy named James?"

@Yun Lee @Capri @Minerva @Crunch

"Wielded by mortals..." Kara repeated to herself. "Any mortals?" The Kryptonian scowled. "Billy, how could you lose a weapon like that?! That could be the difference between-- and you just lost it? Who has it now? Who has the sword?"

Once the Old Gods had left the car, Pierce kicked the trunk's lock, sending its door swinging open. Still dazed by impact of Gat's hood ornament, Jon slowly pushed himself up and out of the vehicle. He struck the concrete with a crack.

"This... not my cousin..."
Kara thinned her eyes. "There's something familiar about him, but... Kal doesn't have any kids. Not yet anyway. Then again, I've been dead for half a decade, give or take."

Kara crouched down beside the nauseous Inquisitor. She squinted a little more and he slowly struggled to pick himself up.

"He looks like a clone I knew, once upon a time... but it's not him... If that crest on his chest is anything to go by, he thinks he's hailing from the House of El. Consider it a big, red warning sign, Atlantiades. We might be kicking a sleeping bear here..."

@Jeremi @Lucky

Mila frowned, brows furrowed as the others spoke. Gaze flicking between Roy and James for a moment.

"Roy, calm down." She spoke. She crossed her arms in thought for a moment, before watching James as he turned from them.

"She mentioned both you and Jon...she wanted my attention, and yet when I asked how she knew you, she told me there wasn't enough time, but that we'd meet..." She frowned further, bringing her hand to her temple.

"I had assumed you know or knew a Willow, since I had never met a woman like that before..." Her eyes lifted from the ground to James as he began to enter deeper into the igloo.

"Even if you plan to stay here...Bison has something we need, something The Goddess wants and should never get her hands on." She spoke, her voice trailing off in a light growl when she spoke of the Goddess.

She took a moment to think, hesitant for a second when James spoke of another child in the arena.

"...there's another child?" She asked, tail flicking in mild worry. Was the child sick? Were they being kept warm in this igloo?

@Sark @Capri @Minerva

Mila frowned, brows furrowed as the others spoke. Gaze flicking between Roy and James for a moment.

"Roy, calm down." She spoke. She crossed her arms in thought for a moment, before watching James as he turned from them.

"She mentioned both you and Jon...she wanted my attention, and yet when I asked how she knew you, she told me there wasn't enough time, but that we'd meet..." She frowned further, bringing her hand to her temple.

"I had assumed you know or knew a Willow, since I had never met a woman like that before..." Her eyes lifted from the ground to James as he began to enter deeper into the igloo.

"Even if you plan to stay here...Bison has something we need, something The Goddess wants and should never get her hands on." She spoke, her voice trailing off in a light growl when she spoke of the Goddess.

She took a moment to think, hesitant for a second when James spoke of another child in the arena.

"...there's another child?" She asked, tail flicking in mild worry. Was the child sick? Were they being kept warm in this igloo?

@Sark @Capri @Minerva
IGLOO
"Fine!" Roy threw his hands in the air in mock surrender. "I'll go walk it off!" Arsenal crossed the room and threw himself against the icy wall beside Bizarro.

"Stay close!" Bizarro grumbled. "You am not covering Bizarro's work!"

"Fine! Geez!" He slid down the wall a little. "You want to pretend like we're not friends? Fine! We'll pretend we're not friends!"

"Sorry, Darling, but I've never met a Willow. Besides, I don't think my circle of friends overlaps with that of an elementary school student." Frost shrugged. "What did this chick look like, anyway?"

"No, there no child." Bizarro grumbled. "No child. He no at end of hall. He awake."

Roy sighed.
"The Bizarro says that the kids asleep."

"Yeah, Dick's sleeping at the end of the hall."
Frost nodded. "Bizarro's started a fire for him. He's probably the only one here who's got to worry about this chill... Bizarro literally spits fire, Decapre has... her ways, and I'm Canadian. It's best for him to rest while he can. He's 12. Full of energy. Full of life. Wants to push the borders of our turf whenever he gets the chance. At least when he's asleep, we know he's safe."

"This is no place for a child."
Decapre added, matter-of-fact-ly. "I've been looking after him... like someone else looked after me. But he's growing up. He's turning 13. He can't shelter him forever. Can't keep him safe. He doesn't know about what happened to Kaine yet. We want him off the Island before he finds out."

"Kaine was the brains of the outlet."
Frost appraoched Bizarro's drawings. "He had scouted out the Parademon's attack patterns. Developed a plan to get Dick clear of the island for good. Alone, it was a suicide mission... but with you and your friends on side..."

Roy's body tensed up. He kicked himself up off the wall.

"We might have a shot at getting out alive..."

"Are you--"
Roy laughed nervously. "Are you sure, man? Fucking with the Purgers sounds like that... sounds like 'something stupid' to me..."

"If you pledge your forces, Mila, our chances of success will increase substantially. We'll stand a chance. You'd get your sword. We'd get to go home. We would all complete directives."

MAOL-CHALUIM
@Sark @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crunch

"Uh... how do I say this... We all come from different times,"
Maol-Chaluim says, "I come from... I believe... a different Chartreuse Team than this one, since I don't recognize you... but..."

He turns to Noembelu.

"I-I do recognize you. You were on the Purple Team, right? With uh... I don't know... I forget who... but you were there... I saw you..."

"Time travel, huh?"
Frost raised an eyebrow. "You didn't bring the winning lottery numbers back with you, huh? Shame."

"I recognise you in turn, Maol-Chaluim,"
Noembelu nodded. "In time likes, all familiar faces seem look like friendly faces. It's good to have you with us."

@Capri @Takumi

Back