Side Story The Goddess II: Fate of the Old Gods

Lucky

The Devil You Know
Henry Hart and Jester Lavorre

" I don't think they are going to want to listen to reason from people like us. They probably believe that every word that comes out of our mouth are lies. "


Henry would look over at Alice and noticed that he was glowing green. " Alice, if you do your thing, I have some time to show you something new that I can do to help us.:"

@Sark @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Capri
 

Yun Lee

MC MasterMind
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
Rei smirked as his Hypnosis Mic did its job, taking on those guards pretty damn well. Good to know his time pushing up daisies hadn't made him lose his touch. He readied himself for a second verse, but suddenly found himself thrown back. "Oof...!" He had enough time to adjust himself and the girl with him to make sure he broke her fall. No use letting a pretty face get scarred up. Though damn...was this lady ever gonna wake up?

Either way, Rei took the moments he needed to collect himself, getting up and stretching. From the sounds down the hall, it seemed the worst of it was over...hopefully in their favor. Once he was ready, he collected the woman and walked back to rejoin the group. It might take a while, but he would get there in time.

@Sark @Everyonelol​
 

Takumi

Member of the Yato Club
Henry Hart and Jester Lavorre

" I don't think they are going to want to listen to reason from people like us. They probably believe that every word that comes out of our mouth are lies. "


Henry would look over at Alice and noticed that he was glowing green. " Alice, if you do your thing, I have some time to show you something new that I can do to help us.:"

@Sark @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Capri
"Yeah, noodlehead was pretty quick to assume, and he's already allied with the Goddess. Doubt he'd put his Kingdom at risk since she's benefiting them so much and all that." Alice piped up, glancing to both Jeff and Henry then before back at the Faceless.

"Something new, huh? I'm game." She spoke, glancing away from her target for a moment to return her gaze to Henry with a raised brow.

Rolling her shoulders, if her early shot had work she'd start releasing waves upon waves of heat from her body into the air, eyes narrowed as she eyed the Faceless.

"Since those Faceless, as that King noodlehead called 'em, are blocking most of my view, I can't make sure to get to the younger brother like this, so if what I do next works out...or not, well you have free reign on calling me out if it doesn't work," Alice said as she attempted to light the head of the Faceless she shot at on fire.

To this day she has never fully thought out a plan, but it's worked for her so far so, hopefully, the Faceless would just fall off the side of the bridge to it's death and give them one less thing to worry about!

@Sark @Lucky @Capri @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Everyone
 

Sark

Im-im-impossible!!
He stared down at the top of the Immaculate One's skull, the Crucible still humming in his hand. With a rough kick against the stone, he pushed off the wall, leaving himself free to fall upon the Immaculate One like a bloody green meteor.

The Slayer swung the blade over his head mid-air. Gravity would carry it into the dragon's skull.

The Defending Tunnel
The Immaculate One unleashed a pained screech as its severed arm struck the earth. It was, perhaps, the creature's loudest screech yet. The wounded mercenaries unlucky enough to have fallen at its feet were deafened instantly. With the air around them burning and the senses suddenly failing them, some of them likely believed that they had died and gone to Hell.

The Immaculate One entered a state of Primal Panic. She threw herself back into the walls of the tunnel, flailing around her bloody stump. Her pale wings stretched out wide. With a mighty beat, she formed a wall of wind to keep the Slayer at bay before he could finish his crippled prey.

1585749825684.png
"YOOOOOOOOOOOUUUURRGGHHHHH"
"DDDDARRRRRREEEGGGHHHH?"

The beast has roared-half... spoke? Flames leaped from the Immaculate One's flesh, ignited by the dying spark of the creature's humanity.

It's horns began to glow with crimson flames. With a final screech, the Ancient Dragon charged forth. It's stretched its arms out wide to complete its final gambit. It would smother the Slayer beneath its giant, burning mass or die trying.

@Crunch

"But perhaps you would instead listen to the tale thine sister will reveal, but it's clear you do not truly care if you have joined forces with the vile temptress they call the Goddess!"

@Sark @Capri @Yun Lee @Takumi @Jeremi @Escape
Jeff took a step back and tried to reason with Xander and Leo.

“Azura risked her life for us, if you just let her speak and explain herself she’ll support our story. She’s our cold right now but when she wakes up she’ll tell you,”

@Sark @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Lucky
Henry Hart and Jester Lavorre

" I don't think they are going to want to listen to reason from people like us. They probably believe that every word that comes out of our mouth are lies. "


Henry would look over at Alice and noticed that he was glowing green. " Alice, if you do your thing, I have some time to show you something new that I can do to help us.:"

@Sark @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Capri
Rei smirked as his Hypnosis Mic did its job, taking on those guards pretty damn well. Good to know his time pushing up daisies hadn't made him lose his touch. He readied himself for a second verse, but suddenly found himself thrown back. "Oof...!" He had enough time to adjust himself and the girl with him to make sure he broke her fall. No use letting a pretty face get scarred up. Though damn...was this lady ever gonna wake up?

Either way, Rei took the moments he needed to collect himself, getting up and stretching. From the sounds down the hall, it seemed the worst of it was over...hopefully in their favor. Once he was ready, he collected the woman and walked back to rejoin the group. It might take a while, but he would get there in time.

@Sark @Everyonelol
The Exit Tunnel
"It's no use," Ferdinand muttered as he lightly slapped Azura's cheeks. "She's can barely stay awake."

"It appears as if your sorcery has failed you, Godless." Xander scowled. "But I'll happily listen to Azura's tale... once she is safe back in Nohr, and we are certain that you and your ilk have not polluted her mind with your foul spells."

"Godless..." Odin muttered to himself. "The name is something to be desired, that's for sure..."

"This is just fucking great. This is definitely what I was looking forward to." Alice sarcastically quiped and scowled. They needed to get across, and these idiots just had to be in their way.

What the fuck could she do? Her knife wouldn't be enough and her pyrokinesis wouldn't work on a bridge like this...

Setting her charges down once more, she calmly reached for her gun. The fucking masked orge looking shits were in the way of her shot, but she could get creative.

"This could end a lot of ways, but either one will likely end in a bloody mess." She scoffed softly.



"Anyone got a plan? I'm all ears, otherwise someone's going to get lit up like a candle or end up with a few holes in them. Probably both, if I'm honest." She spoke as she aimed for one of the Faceless' knees and fired, she didn't know if it'd slow the thing down, but it was worth a shot. Pun unintended.

@Sark @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lucky @Everyone
"Yeah, noodlehead was pretty quick to assume, and he's already allied with the Goddess. Doubt he'd put his Kingdom at risk since she's benefiting them so much and all that." Alice piped up, glancing to both Jeff and Henry then before back at the Faceless.

"Something new, huh? I'm game." She spoke, glancing away from her target for a moment to return her gaze to Henry with a raised brow.

Rolling her shoulders, if her early shot had work she'd start releasing waves upon waves of heat from her body into the air, eyes narrowed as she eyed the Faceless.

"Since those Faceless, as that King noodlehead called 'em, are blocking most of my view, I can't make sure to get to the younger brother like this, so if what I do next works out...or not, well you have free reign on calling me out if it doesn't work," Alice said as she attempted to light the head of the Faceless she shot at on fire.

To this day she has never fully thought out a plan, but it's worked for her so far so, hopefully, the Faceless would just fall off the side of the bridge to it's death and give them one less thing to worry about!
The bullet embedded itself deep in the flesh of the Faceless One's knees, but the gun shot wasn't enough to stop the creatures march. It stumbled for a moment before releasing a smokey breath through its grated mask. A moment later it was back to limping across the bridge. The creature practically ran strait into Alice's fireball. The flames poured through the grates in the beat's helmet. It's mask became a microwave, cooking it from the inside out.

With one final gurgle, it's burning corpse fell backwards.

With one final gurgle, it's burning corpse fell backwards onto the wooded bridge.

"Really? You know that's the only safe way out of here, right? Hence why we tried so hard to get here? No? You don't get it?" Yuri droned. "You know what? Forget I said anything."

The Second Faceless recognized Alice as the source of its brother's pain. It moved forward with startling speed. It desperately tried to reach Alice before the old, dry wood of the bridge caught alight. It wasn't fast enough. It's body burst into flames quicker that the bridge. It to struck the bridge with a thud on its way into the abyss.

The falling Faceless shattered the bridge into splinters. Leo reached out to his brother. Their fingers fumbled.

"Warp!" He howled. The young Dark Magic vanished in a flash. He struck the earth at Alice's feet. He frantically searched for Xander. His eyes locked onto the King who stood confused in the heart of the flames. "Brother!"

Xander's eyes met Leo's.

"Leo?!"

"Warp!" He cried out again. Nothing happened. He tried again, and again and again. His voice trembled more and more with each passing cry. Panic filled his voice.

"Warp! Warp! Warp! Why isn't it working? Warp! Warp!"

Xander flinched. He began sprinting through the fire and smoke. He did his best to reach the Godless before the road fell apart around him. He wasn't fast enough. With one final leap, he lunged for the edge of the bridge. It crumbled away at his fingertips.

Leo rushed to the edge of the cliff.
Leo2.png
"Brother!" He howled, throwing his hand over the ridge. He stared down at his brother in a panic. The King was clinging desperately to the final supporting rung of the bridge. His armor was weighing him down. He winced in pain. He couldn't hold on for much longer. "Take my hand! Please!"
Xand.png
"Even if I could reach you, you're not strong enough, Leo... I won't drag you down here too..." Xander breathed deeply. He spoke with a strange amount of Zen, considering the situation. "I'm proud of you, brother. I've always been so proud of you..."

Crack!!

The wooden beam the King was clinging to began to creak and crumble away. Leo screamed in hopeless terror. It belt a little. The King slipped a few feet further closer to the abyss. Xander closed his eyes tight, fighting his fear the best he could. He slowly opened his eyes and smiled.

"Look at me, Leo. It's all going to be okay..."

"No no no no there's got to be something I can do! Some spell or some-some-anything! I can't just here and watch you--" Leo begged, his eyes red and welling. His head shot around to face the Godless. His eyes met Alice's. "Please, help me! Help him! Please!"


Xander's was suspended several feet bellow the Godless. If they wanted to lend Leo a hand, they would likely need several members to lower themselves over the edge of the cliff. Doing so would be extremely dangerous for all parties involved.

"So our enemies have come to us in their time of need? Now that is interesting. To save them from certain death or save ourselves from the clutches of the Knights? Would they do the same for us, I wonder? Or would their Faceless have thrown us to the dogs, given the chance? Now, this quite the moral conundrum..."

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Lucky @Capri @Jeremi
 

Capri

jellicle clancy
Mentor
Without hesitation, Jeff placed Maddie on the ground and ran over to help Leo pull up Xander.

He could tell by the way the two were speaking that they were only in it for the security. They were only being used for The Goddess’s personal gain.

The Goddess wouldn’t care if Xander plummeted down into the pit below, but Jeff would. Xander is a victim, he is being used, Leo is too.

“Hold on!”

@Sark @EveryoneElse​
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM

The Defending Tunnel
The Immaculate One unleashed a pained screech as its severed arm struck the earth. It was, perhaps, the creature's loudest screech yet. The wounded mercenaries unlucky enough to have fallen at its feet were deafened instantly. With the air around them burning and the senses suddenly failing them, some of them likely believed that they had died and gone to Hell.

The Immaculate One entered a state of Primal Panic. She threw herself back into the walls of the tunnel, flailing around her bloody stump. Her pale wings stretched out wide. With a mighty beat, she formed a wall of wind to keep the Slayer at bay before he could finish his crippled prey.

View attachment 5380
"YOOOOOOOOOOOUUUURRGGHHHHH"
"DDDDARRRRRREEEGGGHHHH?"

The beast has roared-half... spoke? Flames leaped from the Immaculate One's flesh, ignited by the dying spark of the creature's humanity.

It's horns began to glow with crimson flames. With a final screech, the Ancient Dragon charged forth. It's stretched its arms out wide to complete its final gambit. It would smother the Slayer beneath its giant, burning mass or die trying.

@Crunch





The Exit Tunnel
"It's no use," Ferdinand muttered as he lightly slapped Azura's cheeks. "She's can barely stay awake."

"It appears as if your sorcery has failed you, Godless." Xander scowled. "But I'll happily listen to Azura's tale... once she is safe back in Nohr, and we are certain that you and your ilk have not polluted her mind with your foul spells."

"Godless..." Odin muttered to himself. "The name is something to be desired, that's for sure..."



The bullet embedded itself deep in the flesh of the Faceless One's knees, but the gun shot wasn't enough to stop the creatures march. It stumbled for a moment before releasing a smokey breath through its grated mask. A moment later it was back to limping across the bridge. The creature practically ran strait into Alice's fireball. The flames poured through the grates in the beat's helmet. It's mask became a microwave, cooking it from the inside out.

With one final gurgle, it's burning corpse fell backwards.

With one final gurgle, it's burning corpse fell backwards onto the wooded bridge.

"Really? You know that's the only safe way out of here, right? Hence why we tried so hard to get here? No? You don't get it?" Yuri droned. "You know what? Forget I said anything."

The Second Faceless recognized Alice as the source of its brother's pain. It moved forward with startling speed. It desperately tried to reach Alice before the old, dry wood of the bridge caught alight. It wasn't fast enough. It's body burst into flames quicker that the bridge. It to struck the bridge with a thud on its way into the abyss.

The falling Faceless shattered the bridge into splinters. Leo reached out to his brother. Their fingers fumbled.

"Warp!" He howled. The young Dark Magic vanished in a flash. He struck the earth at Alice's feet. He frantically searched for Xander. His eyes locked onto the King who stood confused in the heart of the flames. "Brother!"

Xander's eyes met Leo's.

"Leo?!"

"Warp!" He cried out again. Nothing happened. He tried again, and again and again. His voice trembled more and more with each passing cry. Panic filled his voice.

"Warp! Warp! Warp! Why isn't it working? Warp! Warp!"

Xander flinched. He began sprinting through the fire and smoke. He did his best to reach the Godless before the road fell apart around him. He wasn't fast enough. With one final leap, he lunged for the edge of the bridge. It crumbled away at his fingertips.

Leo rushed to the edge of the cliff.
View attachment 5382
"Brother!" He howled, throwing his hand over the ridge. He stared down at his brother in a panic. The King was clinging desperately to the final supporting rung of the bridge. His armor was weighing him down. He winced in pain. He couldn't hold on for much longer. "Take my hand! Please!"
View attachment 5384
"Even if I could reach you, you're not strong enough, Leo... I won't drag you down here too..." Xander breathed deeply. He spoke with a strange amount of Zen, considering the situation. "I'm proud of you, brother. I've always been so proud of you..."

Crack!!

The wooden beam the King was clinging to began to creak and crumble away. Leo screamed in hopeless terror. It belt a little. The King slipped a few feet further closer to the abyss. Xander closed his eyes tight, fighting his fear the best he could. He slowly opened his eyes and smiled.

"Look at me, Leo. It's all going to be okay..."

"No no no no there's got to be something I can do! Some spell or some-some-anything! I can't just here and watch you--" Leo begged, his eyes red and welling. His head shot around to face the Godless. His eyes met Alice's. "Please, help me! Help him! Please!"


Xander's was suspended several feet bellow the Godless. If they wanted to lend Leo a hand, they would likely need several members to lower themselves over the edge of the cliff. Doing so would be extremely dangerous for all parties involved.

"So our enemies have come to us in their time of need? Now that is interesting. To save them from certain death or save ourselves from the clutches of the Knights? Would they do the same for us, I wonder? Or would their Faceless have thrown us to the dogs, given the chance? Now, this quite the moral conundrum..."

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Lucky @Capri @Jeremi
Leo suddenly saw a large dark shadow leap down over him. Valkyrie wasn't going to let a fool end in a fools death like this. She jammed her spear into the cliffside to slow down her descent and if successful once she was close enough to Xander she'd grab unto his cape before pulling him up like she was carrying a babe. "If thine wits are still with you," She remarked. "Grab unto my back and the Valkyrie will save you from death rather than send you to Hel!"

@Sark @Yun Lee @Takumi @Lucky @Capri @Jeremi
 
Last edited:

Takumi

Member of the Yato Club

The Defending Tunnel
The Immaculate One unleashed a pained screech as its severed arm struck the earth. It was, perhaps, the creature's loudest screech yet. The wounded mercenaries unlucky enough to have fallen at its feet were deafened instantly. With the air around them burning and the senses suddenly failing them, some of them likely believed that they had died and gone to Hell.

The Immaculate One entered a state of Primal Panic. She threw herself back into the walls of the tunnel, flailing around her bloody stump. Her pale wings stretched out wide. With a mighty beat, she formed a wall of wind to keep the Slayer at bay before he could finish his crippled prey.

View attachment 5380
"YOOOOOOOOOOOUUUURRGGHHHHH"
"DDDDARRRRRREEEGGGHHHH?"

The beast has roared-half... spoke? Flames leaped from the Immaculate One's flesh, ignited by the dying spark of the creature's humanity.

It's horns began to glow with crimson flames. With a final screech, the Ancient Dragon charged forth. It's stretched its arms out wide to complete its final gambit. It would smother the Slayer beneath its giant, burning mass or die trying.

@Crunch





The Exit Tunnel
"It's no use," Ferdinand muttered as he lightly slapped Azura's cheeks. "She's can barely stay awake."

"It appears as if your sorcery has failed you, Godless." Xander scowled. "But I'll happily listen to Azura's tale... once she is safe back in Nohr, and we are certain that you and your ilk have not polluted her mind with your foul spells."

"Godless..." Odin muttered to himself. "The name is something to be desired, that's for sure..."



The bullet embedded itself deep in the flesh of the Faceless One's knees, but the gun shot wasn't enough to stop the creatures march. It stumbled for a moment before releasing a smokey breath through its grated mask. A moment later it was back to limping across the bridge. The creature practically ran strait into Alice's fireball. The flames poured through the grates in the beat's helmet. It's mask became a microwave, cooking it from the inside out.

With one final gurgle, it's burning corpse fell backwards.

With one final gurgle, it's burning corpse fell backwards onto the wooded bridge.

"Really? You know that's the only safe way out of here, right? Hence why we tried so hard to get here? No? You don't get it?" Yuri droned. "You know what? Forget I said anything."

The Second Faceless recognized Alice as the source of its brother's pain. It moved forward with startling speed. It desperately tried to reach Alice before the old, dry wood of the bridge caught alight. It wasn't fast enough. It's body burst into flames quicker that the bridge. It to struck the bridge with a thud on its way into the abyss.

The falling Faceless shattered the bridge into splinters. Leo reached out to his brother. Their fingers fumbled.

"Warp!" He howled. The young Dark Magic vanished in a flash. He struck the earth at Alice's feet. He frantically searched for Xander. His eyes locked onto the King who stood confused in the heart of the flames. "Brother!"

Xander's eyes met Leo's.

"Leo?!"

"Warp!" He cried out again. Nothing happened. He tried again, and again and again. His voice trembled more and more with each passing cry. Panic filled his voice.

"Warp! Warp! Warp! Why isn't it working? Warp! Warp!"

Xander flinched. He began sprinting through the fire and smoke. He did his best to reach the Godless before the road fell apart around him. He wasn't fast enough. With one final leap, he lunged for the edge of the bridge. It crumbled away at his fingertips.

Leo rushed to the edge of the cliff.
View attachment 5382
"Brother!" He howled, throwing his hand over the ridge. He stared down at his brother in a panic. The King was clinging desperately to the final supporting rung of the bridge. His armor was weighing him down. He winced in pain. He couldn't hold on for much longer. "Take my hand! Please!"
View attachment 5384
"Even if I could reach you, you're not strong enough, Leo... I won't drag you down here too..." Xander breathed deeply. He spoke with a strange amount of Zen, considering the situation. "I'm proud of you, brother. I've always been so proud of you..."

Crack!!

The wooden beam the King was clinging to began to creak and crumble away. Leo screamed in hopeless terror. It belt a little. The King slipped a few feet further closer to the abyss. Xander closed his eyes tight, fighting his fear the best he could. He slowly opened his eyes and smiled.

"Look at me, Leo. It's all going to be okay..."

"No no no no there's got to be something I can do! Some spell or some-some-anything! I can't just here and watch you--" Leo begged, his eyes red and welling. His head shot around to face the Godless. His eyes met Alice's. "Please, help me! Help him! Please!"


Xander's was suspended several feet bellow the Godless. If they wanted to lend Leo a hand, they would likely need several members to lower themselves over the edge of the cliff. Doing so would be extremely dangerous for all parties involved.

"So our enemies have come to us in their time of need? Now that is interesting. To save them from certain death or save ourselves from the clutches of the Knights? Would they do the same for us, I wonder? Or would their Faceless have thrown us to the dogs, given the chance? Now, this quite the moral conundrum..."

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Lucky @Capri @Jeremi
Well that fucking backfired. Go figure. With a breath, she stepped back and focused on taking control of the flames again and snuffing them out.

"Listen here pretty boy," Alice said with a twitch of an eyebrow as she glanced to Yuri. "I wasn't expecting the fucking thing to fall back like that, so shut it and let me concentrate on--" she paused when Leo suddenly appeared at her feet, cringing back a moment because what the fuck?

Her eyes met the mage's and, she sighed heavily. She knew that desperation. She knew it all too well and she hated the fact that she did. Shifting from foot to foot she put her gun away without breaking eye contact.

"Okay I'll help, but I can only do so much." She answered, before going to help try and save Xander. Might as well fix the mess she made, and if Leo decided to fuck with them afterwards he'd get a left hook to the face.

"Henry, stay up here and keep an eye out, yeah?" She called, not even looking the young man's way as she went to help Jeff and the rest.

Leo suddenly saw a large dark shadow leap down over him. Valkyrie wasn't going to let a fool end in a fools death like this. She jammed her spear into the cliffside to slow down her descent and if successful once she was close enough to Xander she'd grab unto his cape before pulling him up like she was carrying a babe. "If thine wits are still with you," She remarked. "Grab unto my back and the Valkyrie will save you from death rather than send you to Hel!"

@Sark @Yun Lee @Takumi @Lucky @Capri @Jeremi
On one hand, Alice was pretty glad to have someone like this Valkyrie chick on her side, on the other hand she wasn't sure if the other's strength alone would be enough.

@Sark @Jeremi @Capri @Lucky @Yun Lee @Everyone
 

Lucky

The Devil You Know
Jester Lavorre and Henry Hart
Jester wasn’t about to let someone die on her watch. “
I got a way to help too, spiritual weapon,” she replied, summoning a giant lollipop to pass down. “ We can have him grab onto the stick so less of need to go down,” she replied, passing it down so the first person could use it.

@Takumi @Sark @Jeremi @Capri

“ .... Why is that not the weirdest thing I have ever seen?” Henry mumbled going to help as well.”
 

Sark

Im-im-impossible!!
Without hesitation, Jeff placed Maddie on the ground and ran over to help Leo pull up Xander.

He could tell by the way the two were speaking that they were only in it for the security. They were only being used for The Goddess’s personal gain.

The Goddess wouldn’t care if Xander plummeted down into the pit below, but Jeff would. Xander is a victim, he is being used, Leo is too.

“Hold on!”

@Sark @EveryoneElse
Leo suddenly saw a large dark shadow leap down over him. Valkyrie wasn't going to let a fool end in a fools death like this. She jammed her spear into the cliffside to slow down her descent and if successful once she was close enough to Xander she'd grab unto his cape before pulling him up like she was carrying a babe. "If thine wits are still with you," She remarked. "Grab unto my back and the Valkyrie will save you from death rather than send you to Hel!"

@Sark @Yun Lee @Takumi @Lucky @Capri @Jeremi
"Henry, stay up here and keep an eye out, yeah?" She called, not even looking the young man's way as she went to help Jeff and the rest.
On one hand, Alice was pretty glad to have someone like this Valkyrie chick on her side, on the other hand she wasn't sure if the other's strength alone would be enough.

@Sark @Jeremi @Capri @Lucky @Yun Lee @Everyone
Jester Lavorre and Henry Hart
Jester wasn’t about to let someone die on her watch. “I got a way to help too, spiritual weapon,” she replied, summoning a giant lollipop to pass down. “ We can have him grab onto the stick so less of need to go down,” she replied, passing it down so the first person could use it.

@Takumi @Sark @Jeremi @Capri

“ .... Why is that not the weirdest thing I have ever seen?” Henry mumbled going to help as well.”
The Escape Tunnel
Valkyrie's height alone wasn't enough to bridge the gap between Xander and the ridge. Even with the lollipop, the distance was still too great.

"I can't---reach--!" Xander fatally swung his arm upwards Valk's. Despite his best efforts, he found no success. "I appreciate your valiance, truly, but I--"

Crack!

The beam splintered further. A great jaw-like crack stretched out across heart center of the hot wooden branch. Dark splinters ruptured from its surface. Xander clenched his jaws and did his best to compose himself.

"I can't ask you to die for me!"

Crack!

The beam splintered further.

Leo flocked back to the edge of the cliff.

"Asgardian!" He called, outstretching his hand. "Take my arm! I'll lower you further! We can still save him! Someone needs to climb down there and take her hand! It's the only way to bridge the gap!"

His turned back to the remaining Godless.

"Please! I can't lose him!"

The echo of pounding foot steps rattled forth from a nearby passage way.

"Running out of time..." Yuri sung sarcastically. He laid Odin against and large rock and crackled his knuckles. "I'll do what I can to hold them up. I'll probably get stabbed or something, but please! Take your time. Don't rush."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Takumi @Lucky @Capri
 

Takumi

Member of the Yato Club




The Escape Tunnel
Valkyrie's height alone wasn't enough to bridge the gap between Xander and the ridge. Even with the lollipop, the distance was still too great.

"I can't---reach--!" Xander fatally swung his arm upwards Valk's. Despite his best efforts, he found no success. "I appreciate your valiance, truly, but I--"

Crack!

The beam splintered further. A great jaw-like crack stretched out across heart center of the hot wooden branch. Dark splinters ruptured from its surface. Xander clenched his jaws and did his best to compose himself.

"I can't ask you to die for me!"

Crack!

The beam splintered further.

Leo flocked back to the edge of the cliff.

"Asgardian!" He called, outstretching his hand. "Take my arm! I'll lower you further! We can still save him! Someone needs to climb down there and take her hand! It's the only way to bridge the gap!"

His turned back to the remaining Godless.

"Please! I can't lose him!"

The echo of pounding foot steps rattled forth from a nearby passage way.

"Running out of time..." Yuri sung sarcastically. He laid Odin against and large rock and crackled his knuckles. "I'll do what I can to hold them up. I'll probably get stabbed or something, but please! Take your time. Don't rush."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Takumi @Lucky @Capri
"There's worse ways to go than being stabbed, pretty boy." Alice quipped to Yuri, but Leo's cry quickly got her to snap to attention.

"Damn it." Alice grunted as she quickly tried to climb down and bridge the gap between Valkyrie and Xander so that both would hopefully be able to come back up.

If she fell to her death she was surprisingly calm about it.

@Sark @Capri @Jeremi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Everyone
 
Last edited:

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM




The Escape Tunnel
Valkyrie's height alone wasn't enough to bridge the gap between Xander and the ridge. Even with the lollipop, the distance was still too great.

"I can't---reach--!" Xander fatally swung his arm upwards Valk's. Despite his best efforts, he found no success. "I appreciate your valiance, truly, but I--"

Crack!

The beam splintered further. A great jaw-like crack stretched out across heart center of the hot wooden branch. Dark splinters ruptured from its surface. Xander clenched his jaws and did his best to compose himself.

"I can't ask you to die for me!"

Crack!

The beam splintered further.

Leo flocked back to the edge of the cliff.

"Asgardian!" He called, outstretching his hand. "Take my arm! I'll lower you further! We can still save him! Someone needs to climb down there and take her hand! It's the only way to bridge the gap!"

His turned back to the remaining Godless.

"Please! I can't lose him!"

The echo of pounding foot steps rattled forth from a nearby passage way.

"Running out of time..." Yuri sung sarcastically. He laid Odin against and large rock and crackled his knuckles. "I'll do what I can to hold them up. I'll probably get stabbed or something, but please! Take your time. Don't rush."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Takumi @Lucky @Capri



"If thine lips can administer snark!" Valkyrie shouted up towards the group. "Then thine legs and arms work as well!"

"There's worse ways to go than being stabbed, pretty boy." Alice quipped to Yuri, but Leo's cry quickly got her to snap to attention.

"Damn it." Alice grunted as she quickly tried to climb down and bridge the gap between Valkyrie and Xander so that both would hopefully be able to come back up.

If she fell to her death she was surprisingly calm about it.

@Sark @Capri @Jeremi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Everyone
"Well met!" Valkyrie's face lit up when she saw someone try and come to their rescue. "Lend me your hand so we can aid this fool!"

@Sark @Takumi @Capri @Jeremi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Everyone
 

Crunch

Giga God Crunchmeister

The Defending Tunnel
The Immaculate One unleashed a pained screech as its severed arm struck the earth. It was, perhaps, the creature's loudest screech yet. The wounded mercenaries unlucky enough to have fallen at its feet were deafened instantly. With the air around them burning and the senses suddenly failing them, some of them likely believed that they had died and gone to Hell.

The Immaculate One entered a state of Primal Panic. She threw herself back into the walls of the tunnel, flailing around her bloody stump. Her pale wings stretched out wide. With a mighty beat, she formed a wall of wind to keep the Slayer at bay before he could finish his crippled prey.

View attachment 5380
"YOOOOOOOOOOOUUUURRGGHHHHH"
"DDDDARRRRRREEEGGGHHHH?"

The beast has roared-half... spoke? Flames leaped from the Immaculate One's flesh, ignited by the dying spark of the creature's humanity.

It's horns began to glow with crimson flames. With a final screech, the Ancient Dragon charged forth. It's stretched its arms out wide to complete its final gambit. It would smother the Slayer beneath its giant, burning mass or die trying.

@Crunch

For all his speed and maneuverability, the Slayer couldn't foresee what happened next. A flash storm of wind suddenly blew into the marine's armor and hurling him away from the dragon just as the Crucible was poised to split her head twine. Slamming his back against the stone roof, the marine let out a grunt of pain, barely managing to land on the ground with a tumble into a kneeling position. He craned his neck upwards.

The pretense of beauty and life had long melted off the so-called Immaculate One's body like wax dripping from a candle. Gouts of flame filled the chamber as she let out another ear-splitting shriek, illuminating her unfurled wings in the crumbling embers that now drifted in the air. She threw herself back against the walls, the Slayer craning his neck further upward to spot chunks of stone debris beginning to drop from the ceiling. In spite of the quaking ground and shuddering walls, he grunted again, managing to stand up.

... The structural integrity of the chamber is critical. I advise for immediate evacuation.

The Slayer flinched, spinning around on a dime, double-barrels loaded and aimed. No one was standing there. He tilted his head. Was that... ?

A small, holographic icon appeared in the corner of his eye.

1585766423469.png

VEGA is online. Hello again, Slayer. I apologize for the inconvenience caused by my inactivity. System diagnostics indicate that a data-lite backup of my software has been stored in the Praetor suit. The transition from the Fortress of Doom to your current location resulted in a loss of power. I have been able to restore power to core areas--

The Immaculate One's claw gouged out the ground next to the Slayer's feet, the dragon lunging to take a chomp out of her enemies' upper half. He kicked the heel of his boots, jets sputtering out just enough energy to leap out of the way and land with a stumble. Spinning back around to face the dragon for a moment, the Slayer began to backpedal, another two shells loaded into his shotgun.

BOOM! BOOM!

-- including propulsion systems and vital signs. However, I appear to be locked out from many of my core functions in this hardware. Communication with the Fortress portal network is impossible.

He ran a hand on his ammo pack; only a handful of shells were rolling between his fingers. Snarling something beneath the helmet filter, the Slayer spun around again and started down the tunnel with a blinding sprint. Armor servos whirred as the marine's legs kicked into overdrive, pounding the floor with step after step as he picked up the pace of his dash. Ragged, monstrous breathing loomed behind his head, followed by louder footsteps. The chamber quaked again.

Structural integrity of the tunnel is critical. I strongly advise for immediate evacuation.

He ran, faster and faster, jet boots sputtering out of control in his attempt to avoid another claw strike from the beast that sprinted after him. Just as he blinked, the Slayer's eyes drifted ahead towards a vulnerable spot in the tunnel's ceiling, a large, crumbling crack just big enough to get a baseball stuck into with enough force. A scar from a past battle, perhaps.

Doom Guy hummed. Using his running start, the marine tumbled further ahead, creating some distance between himself and the charging dragon while the distance between himself and the crack closed. His shoulder-mounted cannon whirred into position, clicking upward until it was aiming directly above himself at a complete perpendicular angle from his shoulder.

The numbers counted down. 10 meters. 5 meters. 1 meter. Just as the Slayer was exactly beneath the crack, he squeezed a trigger on his gauntlet.

[SHUNK!]

The cannon belched with a pressurized wheeze as something shot out from it. The object, no larger than a baseball, slammed into the crack, the structure around it shuddering slightly but failing to collapse. It found itself tightly snug within the crack for the time being, and the Slayer took only a moment to glance back at the structural wound before sprinting back down the tunnel.

The Immaculate One would have been able to close the distance between herself and her prey with one flap of her wings. The object, too small for her to take notice in her throes of rage, did not dissuade her approach as he belched another geyser of flame into the tunnel depths and sped after the Slayer - blood, and chunks of scaled meat trailing behind her mangled stump of an arm.

If she did not stop her relentless pursuit, then the dragon's head just began to pass beneath the crack. The ringing in her small ears dimmed to barely a tone in the darkness. Pain, fire, the blood spilling from her wound - all a symptom of her single-minded purpose in shredding the mortal who had wronged her so dearly. In this moment of clarity, she could hear something amid the storm of sound and fury.

It sounded like beeping.

Her eye drifted to the ceiling. A red light rapidly flashed at her.

[BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP-!]

BOOOOOOM!

The tunnel released a crumbling, roaring quake as the last of its pillars collapsed in on themselves. The dragon, so tightly encased within the tight tube, had no hope of escape as whole boulders of stone debris instantly began to collapse upon her. Those in the Exit Tunnel may have heard it amid their battle - a distant clap, like someone firing a gun in an open field, followed by a deep and dissatisfied rumble. A muffled roar of anger and pain suddenly cut short.

The Slayer only stopped running when the pounding footsteps behind him ceased. When he turned around, there was no tunnel left to greet him. There was only a giant pile of rock and stone which separated him from whatever remained of the chamber. He could still hear distant crumbling of objects falling apart beyond the cave-in.

The marine slumped against a nearby wall and let out a ragged wheeze, taking in a breath of air for the first time in the past couple of minutes. VEGA's soft voice returned to him.

Structure collapsed. There are no identifiable lifesigns beyond the debris. Though I am unable to determine the source of the monster you encountered, identifiable human lifesigns have been detected in the tunnel opposite of this one. You will likely find a way out of this structure from there.

Staying still for a moment, the Slayer then nodded at no one in particular. He pushed himself off the wall and placed a palm on his shoulder pauldron, rolling his arm to the release of a satisfying pop. The Crucible's crimson light dimmed to nothing as the sword's handle retracted in on itself, and its bearer returned the weapon to his belt.

He turned his gaze to the debris again, staring at it for a few moments. All was silent now. The only sound left on his side of the tunnel was his own breathing.

1585766158048.png

"..."

He frowned beneath his helmet.

Turned away from the stone pile, he began to jog towards the lifesigns detected in the Exit Tunnel.

@Sark
 

Takumi

Member of the Yato Club



"If thine lips can administer snark!" Valkyrie shouted up towards the group. "Then thine legs and arms work as well!"



"Well met!" Valkyrie's face lit up when she saw someone try and come to their rescue. "Lend me your hand so we can aid this fool!"

@Sark @Takumi @Capri @Jeremi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Everyone
"Sure thing." Alice nodded as she kept a strong grip on Valkyrie's hand. She hoped that her own height would make reaching Xander easier, and knew that she'd have the strength to hold onto him should he grab ahold of her hand in time. The question was, however, how long her own strength would last in this instance.

For starters, Xander had armor and was definitely heavier than Chise, and Alice had held onto her while jumping higher than the tree tops upon their first meeting. Granted, she dropped the girl into a lake on purpose seconds later, but that was the past and she needed to focus on the here and now.

Either way the fact of the matter was she was pretty sure she could hold onto King noodlehead long enough for the others to pull them up. At least, she hoped so.

@Sark @Jeremi @Capri @Lucky @Yun Lee @Everyone
 

Lucky

The Devil You Know
Jester Lavorre and Henry Hart

Jester would make sure to be on the ready, getting behind Valkyrie, ready to help distribute the weight and help to pull the idiot king who followed the Goddess up. Henry would be right behind, also working towards doing the same thing.

@Sark @Jeremi @Capri @Takumi @Yun Lee
 

Sark

Im-im-impossible!!
"There's worse ways to go than being stabbed, pretty boy." Alice quipped to Yuri, but Leo's cry quickly got her to snap to attention.

"Damn it." Alice grunted as she quickly tried to climb down and bridge the gap between Valkyrie and Xander so that both would hopefully be able to come back up.

If she fell to her death she was surprisingly calm about it.

@Sark @Capri @Jeremi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Everyone
Exit Tunnel
Yuri threw Alice a parting smile as he disappeared down a nearby tunnel.
Yurap.png
"I like this one, Odin!" His voice echoed. "At least someone here was worth all this trouble. Try not to get killed while I'm gone. Balthus!"

"Hm?"

"You're with me. Come on..."

"If thine lips can administer snark!" Valkyrie shouted up towards the group. "Then thine legs and arms work as well!"

"Well met!" Valkyrie's face lit up when she saw someone try and come to their rescue. "Lend me your hand so we can aid this fool!"
"Sure thing." Alice nodded as she kept a strong grip on Valkyrie's hand. She hoped that her own height would make reaching Xander easier, and knew that she'd have the strength to hold onto him should he grab ahold of her hand in time. The question was, however, how long her own strength would last in this instance.

For starters, Xander had armor and was definitely heavier than Chise, and Alice had held onto her while jumping higher than the tree tops upon their first meeting. Granted, she dropped the girl into a lake on purpose seconds later, but that was the past and she needed to focus on the here and now.

Either way the fact of the matter was she was pretty sure she could hold onto King noodlehead long enough for the others to pull them up. At least, she hoped so.

@Sark @Jeremi @Capri @Lucky @Yun Lee @Everyone
Jester Lavorre and Henry Hart

Jester would make sure to be on the ready, getting behind Valkyrie, ready to help distribute the weight and help to pull the idiot king who followed the Goddess up. Henry would be right behind, also working towards doing the same thing.

@Sark @Jeremi @Capri @Takumi @Yun Lee
Through the efforts of Valk, Jester, Henry and Alice, the Returned has Xander in their grasp. Upon grabbing hold of Xander's came, Alice's suspicions would proven true- Xander was far heavier than he looked, and his armor made his rescue all the more difficult.

"Hold tight," Ferdinand muttered, laying Azura down beside Odin. The Fortress Knight crouched down beside Jester and Heart and prepared to drag the human ladder back onto solid ground. Lifting the bodies of 3 armored adults proved to be more challenging that it first appeared. "Almost... done...!"

[BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP-!]

BOOOOOOM!
A distant explosion rocked the Exit Tunnel. Abyss was already in ruins when Yuri had arrived all those years ago. After the War with the Empire and the War of the Old Gods, the city had been crippled further. Years of rough weather and neglect had weakened the foundations of the city.

It had once been said that, in order for Garreg Mach to thrive, Abyss must exist. Doom Guy's bomb proved this theory to be true.

Collapsing the Defending Tunnel sent the Goddess Tower crumbling in upon itself. The falling rubble struck the earth. The sudden change of weight collapsed more tunnels. It was a vicious cycle that could be felt throughout the city. The Exit Tunnel was no exception.

The tunnels trembled. Stalactites came tumbling down to the ground.

"Get back!" Wally howled as he barged Ferdinand out of the path of a falling pillar. The chunk of concrete struck the earth behind Henry, Jester and Leo. The shock wave was enough to send the trio tumbling off the edge of the cliff face.

A hand caught Henry's before he could fall any further.

"I've got you!" Odin howled. His body started to slide off the collapsing ledge. "Wait! No! I don't got you! I don't got you!"

"I've got you!" Ferdinand leaped back into action. He caught Odin by his foot. But the weight of the human ladder was immense. Despite Wally's attempts to hold the Knight in place, he too began to slide across the dirt. "Alright... this... isn't good!"

The Human Ladder existed as the following.

Ferdie and Wally
V
Odin
V
Henry
V
Jester
V
Leo
V
Valkyrie
V
Alice
V
Xander

The Returned who made up the higher half of the ladder were enduring a greater degree of strain compared to those at the bottom. If they didn't think of something soon, they would all fall. Odin was already starting to pass out from his injuries.

Perhaps it was time to cut some dead weight.

The sound of clattering steel drifted down from the top of the ridge. Yuri's sword hit the rocks.

"Okay, okay, we'll call it a tie."

"We have you outnumbered 10 to 2. I'd call that a loss."


"Well, if you say so."
Balthus muttered.

"A loss for you, you oaf!"

"Sorry, but we're going to have to take your first answer."

The leader of the gathered Knights placed the tip of his sword to Yuri's throat.

"Imagine the promotion I'll receive if I serve the Goddess the head of the Savage Mockingbird on a silver platter... Just imagine."


Yuri slowly raised his hands. Balthus followed suit.

"Oh recently resurrected friends, if you could wrap up whatever it if you're doing and lend a hand..."

"We're a little busy, Yuri!" Ferdinand grunted. "I'm guessing you're preoccupied too?"

"You could say that..."

The sound of clattering armor floated down from the other side of the now absent bridge. A pack of guards directed their fists towards the human ladder. Emerald lightning crackled across their fingers.

"No! Stop!" A short, blond girl forced her way through the guards. "Stop! That's my brother down there!"

"Elise?" Leo groaned, spent.
Elis.png
"Leo! Are you okay?!"

"Could be worse... Could be better..."

"Elise!"


"Xander? What the heck happened here?!"

"It's... a long story..."


"Now this... isn't quite the predicament we've found ourselves in, isn't it?"


@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Lucky @Capri @Takumi @Minerva
 

Capri

jellicle clancy
Mentor
Jeff, who was also on the human ladder, hung onto Jester's legs.

"Gah!!! Ghhh!!!" Jeff grunted, attempting to keep his grip on them, but his sweaty palms and lack of super-strong muscle strength caused his grip on Jester's legs to loosen a little.

"Xander could DIE if you don't help us! Everyone here could die!! I c-can't hold on... much longer!!"

@Sark @Takumi @Jeremi @Lucky @Yun Lee
 

Sark

Im-im-impossible!!
Jeff, who was also on the human ladder, hung onto Jester's legs.

"Gah!!! Ghhh!!!" Jeff grunted, attempting to keep his grip on them, but his sweaty palms and lack of super-strong muscle strength caused his grip on Jester's legs to loosen a little.

"Xander could DIE if you don't help us! Everyone here could die!! I c-can't hold on... much longer!!"

@Sark @Takumi @Jeremi @Lucky @Yun Lee
"What am I supposed to do?!" Elise shrieked. "Wasn't there supposed to be a bridge here? How did you guys even get over there?!"

"It's a long story..." Leo muttered. "But the short version is... the bridge caught on fire..."

"You set the bridge on fire??!!!"

"It's...
complicated..."

"Well... Camilla is still in talking to that Saint girl, so you'll just have to hang about until she's done!"

"Camilla? How many noble brats can one kingdom have...?" Yuri whispered to himself.

"Hang about?! Really Elise!"

"I'm trying, okay! There's not much I can do from over here! I'm sure Camilla will be back soon just try to--"

"Elise! Act like the adult you are and go get here!"


Elise puffed a wall of air from her nose.

"Fine! Guards!" She huffed. "Tell Princess Camilla that Xander is in trouble and that she needs to get down here real quick... okay?"

One of the guards nodded and turned to sprint.

"Happy, Big Brother? Help is coming!"

"Help for them, a hindrance for us... the last thing we need if for more royals coming for our heads..."

@Takumi @Jeremi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Crunch @Minerva

 

Yun Lee

MC MasterMind
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
"Goddamn...what a horrible time for a family reunion, eh?" Rei had finally caught up to the group, and what a sight this all was. He really should've expected nothing less with all these kids running around, but still.

"Come on now. Is his head really worth the blood of all these people? Of this dear little lady's brother?" The conman wasn't fully sure what situation he'd just walked in on, but he could wing it. "A promotion for taking a life rather than saving one...tsk, tsk. Your priorities are concerning." And dumb as Hell, he thought to himself. If you were going to kill someone, do it when the life of one of your leaders isn't handing in the balance. Fucking amateur.

Hearing another was going to join them, Rei decided to up the chips in their favor. "Listen here. Did anyone ever teach you to use your words? You can't get anything solved with knives and guns." Handing the blonde over to the nearest empty air of hands on his side, he walked over to the ladder, getting a hold of both Wally and Ferdinand to steady them. "I will be happy to bring your brother up safely if it means none of you try to kill us or capture us once we get him back up. No victory, no nothing, we talk things over like adults. We got ourselves a deal?"

@Sark @Takumi @Capri @Lucky @Jeremi
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM

"What am I supposed to do?!" Elise shrieked. "Wasn't there supposed to be a bridge here? How did you guys even get over there?!"

"It's a long story..." Leo muttered. "But the short version is... the bridge caught on fire..."

"You set the bridge on fire??!!!"

"It's... complicated..."

"Well... Camilla is still in talking to that Saint girl, so you'll just have to hang about until she's done!"

"Camilla? How many noble brats can one kingdom have...?" Yuri whispered to himself.

"Hang about?! Really Elise!"

"I'm trying, okay! There's not much I can do from over here! I'm sure Camilla will be back soon just try to--"

"Elise! Act like the adult you are and go get here!"

Elise puffed a wall of air from her nose.

"Fine! Guards!" She huffed. "Tell Princess Camilla that Xander is in trouble and that she needs to get down here real quick... okay?"

One of the guards nodded and turned to sprint.

"Happy, Big Brother? Help is coming!"

"Help for them, a hindrance for us... the last thing we need if for more royals coming for our heads..."

@Takumi @Jeremi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Crunch @Minerva

While the others were struggling Valkyrie herself didn't seem to be in much distress. "Aye, this human ladder will not hold much longer." Like a babe, Valkyrie pulled up Alice and Xander so that Alice could latch unto Leo's arms.



"My strength will be of more use above! I shall remove myself from this equation and climb up to assist!" As Alice's hand would grasp unto Leo, Valkyrie would let go and grab Dragonfang and hit it into the wall to leave her hanging before she took Geirr into her other hand using her weapons to climb up the side and try and help from above.​

@Sark @Takumi @Jeremi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Crunch @Minerva
 
Last edited:

Takumi

Member of the Yato Club

Exit Tunnel
Yuri threw Alice a parting smile as he disappeared down a nearby tunnel.
View attachment 5394
"I like this one, Odin!" His voice echoed. "At least someone here was worth all this trouble. Try not to get killed while I'm gone. Balthus!"

"Hm?"

"You're with me. Come on..."




Through the efforts of Valk, Jester, Henry and Alice, the Returned has Xander in their grasp. Upon grabbing hold of Xander's came, Alice's suspicions would proven true- Xander was far heavier than he looked, and his armor made his rescue all the more difficult.

"Hold tight," Ferdinand muttered, laying Azura down beside Odin. The Fortress Knight crouched down beside Jester and Heart and prepared to drag the human ladder back onto solid ground. Lifting the bodies of 3 armored adults proved to be more challenging that it first appeared. "Almost... done...!"


A distant explosion rocked the Exit Tunnel. Abyss was already in ruins when Yuri had arrived all those years ago. After the War with the Empire and the War of the Old Gods, the city had been crippled further. Years of rough weather and neglect had weakened the foundations of the city.

It had once been said that, in order for Garreg Mach to thrive, Abyss must exist. Doom Guy's bomb proved this theory to be true.

Collapsing the Defending Tunnel sent the Goddess Tower crumbling in upon itself. The falling rubble struck the earth. The sudden change of weight collapsed more tunnels. It was a vicious cycle that could be felt throughout the city. The Exit Tunnel was no exception.

The tunnels trembled. Stalactites came tumbling down to the ground.

"Get back!" Wally howled as he barged Ferdinand out of the path of a falling pillar. The chunk of concrete struck the earth behind Henry, Jester and Leo. The shock wave was enough to send the trio tumbling off the edge of the cliff face.

A hand caught Henry's before he could fall any further.

"I've got you!" Odin howled. His body started to slide off the collapsing ledge. "Wait! No! I don't got you! I don't got you!"

"I've got you!" Ferdinand leaped back into action. He caught Odin by his foot. But the weight of the human ladder was immense. Despite Wally's attempts to hold the Knight in place, he too began to slide across the dirt. "Alright... this... isn't good!"

The Human Ladder existed as the following.

Ferdie and Wally
V
Odin
V
Henry
V
Jester
V
Leo
V
Valkyrie
V
Alice
V
Xander

The Returned who made up the higher half of the ladder were enduring a greater degree of strain compared to those at the bottom. If they didn't think of something soon, they would all fall. Odin was already starting to pass out from his injuries.

Perhaps it was time to cut some dead weight.

The sound of clattering steel drifted down from the top of the ridge. Yuri's sword hit the rocks.

"Okay, okay, we'll call it a tie."

"We have you outnumbered 10 to 2. I'd call that a loss."

"Well, if you say so." Balthus muttered.

"A loss for you, you oaf!"

"Sorry, but we're going to have to take your first answer."

The leader of the gathered Knights placed the tip of his sword to Yuri's throat.

"Imagine the promotion I'll receive if I serve the Goddess the head of the Savage Mockingbird on a silver platter... Just imagine."

Yuri slowly raised his hands. Balthus followed suit.

"Oh recently resurrected friends, if you could wrap up whatever it if you're doing and lend a hand..."

"We're a little busy, Yuri!" Ferdinand grunted. "I'm guessing you're preoccupied too?"

"You could say that..."

The sound of clattering armor floated down from the other side of the now absent bridge. A pack of guards directed their fists towards the human ladder. Emerald lightning crackled across their fingers.

"No! Stop!" A short, blond girl forced her way through the guards. "Stop! That's my brother down there!"

"Elise?" Leo groaned, spent.
View attachment 5396
"Leo! Are you okay?!"

"Could be worse... Could be better..."

"Elise!"

"Xander? What the heck happened here?!"

"It's... a long story..."

"Now this... isn't quite the predicament we've found ourselves in, isn't it?"


@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Lucky @Capri @Takumi @Minerva


"?" The hell was he smiling for? Was he messing with her? If he was trying to pick a damn fight then he'd better square the fuck up later.

She was sure he didn't want to be her friend, and no one just...liked her. Was this a Chise thing? This seemed like a Chise thing, but with someone who definitely wasn't as nice as Chise.

While the others were struggling Valkyrie herself didn't seem to be in much distress. "Aye, this human ladder will not hold much longer." Like a babe Valkyrie pulled up Alice and Xander so that Alice could latch unto Leo's arms. "My strength will be of more use above! I shall remove myself from this equation and climb up to assist," As Alice's hand would grasp unto Leo, Valkyrie would let go and grab Dragonfang and hit it into the wall to leave her hanging before she took Greir into her other hand using her weapons to climb up the side and try and help from above.

@Sark
@Takumi @Jeremi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Crunch @Minerva
"Uh. Cool, I guess." Alice blinked as she was practically being passed off, brow furrowing deeply as she kept ahold of Xander throughout.

Whoever the fuck this Camilla was, hopefully she moved quickly, because if she died she was gonna come back and haunt someone for damn sure.

@Sark @Jeremi @Lucky @Capri @Yun Lee @Crunch @Minerva @Everyone
 
Top