Side Story The Goddess II: Fate of the Old Gods

"So you're part of an organization that wants to steal information from us and you're just playing it off like we're all buddy buddy?" Katara huffed. If they wanted an alliance they could of just asked! Like normal people do! Not any of this stealing and two faced stuff!

"And this Boss couldn't of just have the twins offer some kind of alliance or mutual agreement between organizations instead of wanting to just steal information? Yeah, those Twins are overzealous, and maybe even a bit stupid too." She scowled tiredly, hands on her hips.

It only served to make this 'organization' Qori talk about look pretty bad.

@Sark @Jeremi @Lucky @Camp
WIDER CAMP
"If you had the opportunity to steal critical information from us- and if having said information could save lives- wouldn't you seize it?" QORI tilted her head. "We're fighting against an absolute authority. Image is our greatest weapon. It's the difference between the Godless being a band of freedom fighters and a feral pack of terrorists! You are fighting the symbolic war against the Empire! You have allied yourselves with Saints, Champions and War Heroes! Because of the reputation you're building... there are certain things that you can't do... Things that you cannot be seen doing. Think of us as your shadow, a sister organization built to keep your hands clean. Say what you want about Willow and her attitude, the Twins will serve your cause well. The next time you'll meet, they'll be older. Wiser. More mature."

"In truth, you were never supposed to meet the Twins. Not yet, anyway. They were sent to the Temple to watch over you and make sure everything went according to plan. I apologize on their behalf for wasting your time. We understand the significance of today, we really do. Unless you take the leap and trust us, your whole system is going to go down in, like, 7 minutes. And Pym is going to arrive in 5. You. Need. To. Trust. Us."

"You don't have a reason to trust us. I get that. You hate us. I'm just hoping that you hate the Goddess more... because I'm placing my very new life is in your hands."

Jester Lavorre and Caleb Widogst

" I don't exactly believe that we should trust the machine to access more files of Cori, Who knows what damage she might call? Perhaps it might be time to reset her as I believe this child will cause more trouble. The man gave her up way too easily,"
Caleb pointed out.

Jester would nod in agreement. "
I think Caleb iis right, we should reset her, especially if she is telling us not too."

@Sark @Jeremi @Takumi
"Wowowowowowow!" QORI raised her hands in protest. "Eaaaasssyy there! Reset me? Reset me? Would you reset a human child? Would you recent a poor, sick puppy? I'm a living being, Jester Lavorre! Just because you're not getting what you want does not give you the right to just... just murder me!"

QORI wiped some holographic tears from her cheeks.

"Willow said a lot about you guys... but she never said that you guys were
robotist!"

"
Jester... Caleb..." Walker sighed with disappointment. "You're better than this..."

@Takumi @Jeremi @Lucky

Henry Hart

" Never been much of a person for history, so no, not really interested in either of the points that you asked about. I'm assuming whatever you are about to tell me will be a lie anyway. That's all the history books ever do, tell the winning side of the story. I do have a question though, if her first reign was so perfect, why was she locked away? Seems kind of weird to lock away someone you love."
MUSEUM
"Was it not John Quincy Adams who said: 'To believe all men honest would be folly. To believe none so, is something worse'?" The Hologram mused. "In every myth there is an element of truth. To disregard everything I've said simple because I'm a secularist would make just as close minded as the man I was programmed to resemble. Our librarian resides on the second floor. If you wish for further clarification- or wish to intern with us to further your own studies- she's the person you need to speak to. As for your other question, the answer is simple: mortals are weak. Envious. Proud. We can all fantasize of what we would do with divinity. Do you truly believe that there aren't mortals out there who embrace such instincts? Chaos doesn't need a valid 'reason' to do as it does. It simply needs an excuse."

@Lucky
Jeff followed the girl up the stairs from a safe distance.
STAIRCASE
The girl was jumpy. Paranoid. The sight of a figure in the corner of her eye was enough to push her to redouble her speed. The sight of that same figure following her onto an enclosed, winding staircase? She panicked. She hummed a quiet prayer to herself and clutched the edge of her skirt.
"Stay away..." She whispered to herself, to shaken to raise her voice further and confront her subtle pursuer. "Please..."

@Capri
'Ah shit, I fucked up didn't I?' Alice thought in a temporary panic before a light came from the lantern and--

BOOM!

Coughing softly once the dust settled, she was surprised she was still alive as Crimson helped her to her feet. She instinctively moved her hands to try and make sure she was completely intact, only to softly grunt when something in her hand hit her abdomen. Looking down at her left hand she sucked in a breath.

"What the fuck happened to my hand?" She hissed softly in disbelief. She could just imagine the shit she'd get if it was still like this by the time she got back home. Renfred would probably scold her for touching weird lanterns and honestly...she'd deserve it.

"How many trails you want me to go through?" She rose a brow. How the fuck could he just brush off whatever the fuck was going on on the stairs? What if whatever the fuck was going on up there traveled down here?
"Life is a trial, Alice!" The Priest chuckled. "There is no 'end' to the work we're starting... But believe me when I say that you're nearly ready.. Yes, almost... There are just a few more things I want to test..."

A crimson bolt sparked froth from his wring. It hummed down the hall and vanished around some distant corner.

"As for you hand, well... It was just as it was written. 'A Black Hand' is required to bring about the Blackest Night. The Lantern as fed upon the life energy stored within your hand. In return for the sustenance, Nekron has granted you power.... great power... A power we need to test and master..."

A red light burned at the end of the hall. A medieval iron made emerged from a nearby room and drifted down the hall. Some was trapped inside the glowing, hard-light prison... something large... something desperate to be set free.

"You were in the Sleeping Death for some time, Alice. I suspect you're not up-to-date on your Goddessian Lore... Let me recite you a verse:

"On the final day of the Hell-War, the accursed revealed himself. Mephisto the Vile and Zamasu the Treacherous turned against the Children of the Goddess, having lured them into an unwinnable conflict. Weakened and wearied by the war, the Children of the Goddess started to lose hope. But the Goddess did not forsake her Chosen. Inspired by her grace, the Chosen overcame the Godless and emptied Blackheart's throne. Although the Godless escaped with precious knowledge stolen from Izana the Nobel, their realm was stolen away from them in turn. But the war was not won in the Goddess' name. Big Mother the Putrid took the throne, alongside Eliphas that Bastard. Through their twisted manipulations, the souls of Hell were mutated and freed. The Second Born are an affront to nature. They are an affront to the Goddess' grace. Offer them no harbor. Show them know mercy." ~~The Book of the Goddess, Part II: Mercy, Verse VIII

"It's not just a story, Alice. It's history. Our history..."
The Priest smiled. The Iron Maiden crashed down upon the floor before them. "5 years ago, Mother ventured into the Negative Third Dimension alongside the Inheritor. They upset the Sacred Balance. Souls cannot pass freely through the territory of the Pretender-King. Unable to enter their afterlives, some of these souls return to the Land of the Living. We call the Second-Born. More of them are Reborn every day... They come from deaths both peaceful and painful, thought the pained souls are generally less... agreeable..."

The beast inside the maiden howled and screamed.

"Pitiful creatures... neither alive nor dead..."
Crimson ran his finger across the beast's cage. "They need to be set free. Their misery must end. I can only hide these creatures down here for so long... I want you- no, I need you to purify this creature. With the power you hold over Death and Rebirth, this should be an easy feat. Follow your instincts. Call upon Death's Power."

Crimsons snapped his fingers. The cage vanished. The Second-Born creature struct the dirt with a crack. It wasn't stunned for long. Before the Priest could say another word, she unleashed a fearsome cry. It was loud enough to shake the Temple a second time.
View attachment 7212
"GHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAGHHHH!!!" Kale moaned, baring her teeth. "LLLLLAAANNNNTTTTTEEERRRNNNN!!!!!"

"Do it! Purify her!"

@Takumi

JEFFREY KOVAL
@Sark

The girl was jumpy. Paranoid. The sight of a figure in the corner of her eye was enough to push her to redouble her speed. The sight of that same figure following her onto an enclosed, winding staircase? She panicked. She hummed a quiet prayer to herself and clutched the edge of her skirt.
"Stay away..." She whispered to herself, to shaken to raise her voice further and confront her subtle pursuer. "Please..."

"I'm not here to hurt you, ma'am!" Jeff said, holding out his hands showing he has no weapons, "I'm searching for someone, and when I said her name, you had a reaction. I'm trying to see where you were going, but, y'know, my cover was blown. Do you know anyone by the name of Flayn?"

Caleb Widogast and Jester Lavorre

" Oh yes, speaking of sick puppies, that reminds me. I have something that belongs to you, Jester." He would gently remove the sleeping crimson weasel from his pocket and hand it to Jester.

"Sprinkles! Mommy was so worried about you. I thought the mean Goddess had turned you into a trophy." Sprinkles actively tried to escape Jester's grasp and did so, landed on QORI and would curl up by the robot.

Caleb just titled his head at the strange crying robot.

" We do not have technology such as yourself back home, so I apologize for saying to reset you."

Jester was distracted more so by trying to get her crimson weasel back in hood.

@Sark @Takumi @Capri

Henry Hart

Henry offered aa shrug about the quote. " I'm not sure about the quote and if he even said it. I missed a lot of history classes being a superhero and missed a lot more being trapped on an island for five years. I mean, of course there are some true things, but the truth is often hidden under layers and layers of lies. I'm not disregarding what you are saying, I'm saying that there is no way to tell what is true and what is false. That much is true, but there is something else that is entirely true as well. You have dodged both of the questions that I asked. The answer you gave to my first question was just a blanket of platitudes..... I think I used that word right and the answer to the second dodges the question entirely. Why is it you aren't saying anything meaningful or for that matter honest? Are you perhaps scared?"

@Sark

WIDER CAMP
"If you had the opportunity to steal critical information from us- and if having said information could save lives- wouldn't you seize it?" QORI tilted her head. "We're fighting against an absolute authority. Image is our greatest weapon. It's the difference between the Godless being a band of freedom fighters and a feral pack of terrorists! You are fighting the symbolic war against the Empire! You have allied yourselves with Saints, Champions and War Heroes! Because of the reputation you're building... there are certain things that you can't do... Things that you cannot be seen doing. Think of us as your shadow, a sister organization built to keep your hands clean. Say what you want about Willow and her attitude, the Twins will serve your cause well. The next time you'll meet, they'll be older. Wiser. More mature."

"In truth, you were never supposed to meet the Twins. Not yet, anyway. They were sent to the Temple to watch over you and make sure everything went according to plan. I apologize on their behalf for wasting your time. We understand the significance of today, we really do. Unless you take the leap and trust us, your whole system is going to go down in, like, 7 minutes. And Pym is going to arrive in 5. You. Need. To. Trust. Us."

"You don't have a reason to trust us. I get that. You hate us. I'm just hoping that you hate the Goddess more... because I'm placing my very new life is in your hands."

"Wowowowowowow!"
QORI raised her hands in protest. "Eaaaasssyy there! Reset me? Reset me? Would you reset a human child? Would you recent a poor, sick puppy? I'm a living being, Jester Lavorre! Just because you're not getting what you want does not give you the right to just... just murder me!"

"Willow said a lot about you guys... but she never said that you guys were robotist!"

"
Jester... Caleb..." Walker sighed with disappointment. "You're better than this..."

@Takumi @Jeremi @Lucky

MUSEUM
"Was it not John Quincy Adams who said: 'To believe all men honest would be folly. To believe none so, is something worse'?" The Hologram mused. "In every myth there is an element of truth. To disregard everything I've said simple because I'm a secularist would make just as close minded as the man I was programmed to resemble. Our librarian resides on the second floor. If you wish for further clarification- or wish to intern with us to further your own studies- she's the person you need to speak to. As for your other question, the answer is simple: mortals are weak. Envious. Proud. We can all fantasize of what we would do with divinity. Do you truly believe that there aren't mortals out there who embrace such instincts? Chaos doesn't need a valid 'reason' to do as it does. It simply needs an excuse."

@Lucky

STAIRCASE

@Capri

"Life is a trial, Alice!" The Priest chuckled. "There is no 'end' to the work we're starting... But believe me when I say that you're nearly ready.. Yes, almost... There are just a few more things I want to test..."

A crimson bolt sparked froth from his wring. It hummed down the hall and vanished around some distant corner.

"As for you hand, well... It was just as it was written. 'A Black Hand' is required to bring about the Blackest Night. The Lantern as fed upon the life energy stored within your hand. In return for the sustenance, Nekron has granted you power.... great power... A power we need to test and master..."

A red light burned at the end of the hall. A medieval iron made emerged from a nearby room and drifted down the hall. Some was trapped inside the glowing, hard-light prison... something large... something desperate to be set free.

"You were in the Sleeping Death for some time, Alice. I suspect you're not up-to-date on your Goddessian Lore... Let me recite you a verse:

"On the final day of the Hell-War, the accursed revealed himself. Mephisto the Vile and Zamasu the Treacherous turned against the Children of the Goddess, having lured them into an unwinnable conflict. Weakened and wearied by the war, the Children of the Goddess started to lose hope. But the Goddess did not forsake her Chosen. Inspired by her grace, the Chosen overcame the Godless and emptied Blackheart's throne. Although the Godless escaped with precious knowledge stolen from Izana the Nobel, their realm was stolen away from them in turn. But the war was not won in the Goddess' name. Big Mother the Putrid took the throne, alongside Eliphas that Bastard. Through their twisted manipulations, the souls of Hell were mutated and freed. The Second Born are an affront to nature. They are an affront to the Goddess' grace. Offer them no harbor. Show them know mercy." ~~The Book of the Goddess, Part II: Mercy, Verse VIII

"It's not just a story, Alice. It's history. Our history..." The Priest smiled. The Iron Maiden crashed down upon the floor before them. "5 years ago, Mother ventured into the Negative Third Dimension alongside the Inheritor. They upset the Sacred Balance. Souls cannot pass freely through the territory of the Pretender-King. Unable to enter their afterlives, some of these souls return to the Land of the Living. We call the Second-Born. More of them are Reborn every day... They come from deaths both peaceful and painful, thought the pained souls are generally less... agreeable..."

"Pitiful creatures... neither alive nor dead..." Crimson ran his finger across the beast's cage. "They need to be set free. Their misery must end. I can only hide these creatures down here for so long... I want you- no, I need you to purify this creature. With the power you hold over Death and Rebirth, this should be an easy feat. Follow your instincts. Call upon Death's Power."

Crimsons snapped his fingers. The cage vanished. The Second-Born creature struct the dirt with a crack. It wasn't stunned for long. Before the Priest could say another word, she unleashed a fearsome cry. It was loud enough to shake the Temple a second time.
View attachment 7212
"GHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAGHHHH!!!" Kale moaned, baring her teeth. "LLLLLAAANNNNTTTTTEEERRRNNNN!!!!!"

"Do it! Purify her!"

@Takumi

"Or thou could join forces instead of prancing around in such a clandestine way," Valkyrie clearly had to spank the siblings next time they met. She groaned at Q.O.R.I. and its talk about cruelty. Seems like the children were quick to teach her whinging.

"Thine lamentations should be laid on the feet of your creator, not us for suggesting eliminating you. Walker chiding someone for suggesting caution tells me thou has fallen for her ruse. Thou are as much as a stranger as the children, and thine creator. Roboticist? Nay, thou was handed to us in secret. Thy hold your 'mother' hostage and expect us to trust?"

She sighed, this whole situation had become an utter farce. "Tis a waste of time. With C.O.R.I. lost we risk releasing a wolf into the hen house. Unless thou can follow what information she chooses to view? If thou know what she is looking for then allowing her in..." Valkyrie turned towards Q.O.R.I. "If thou are willing to reveal to us what content it is you seek then thou have nothing to fear. As you say. We are supposed to be allies. Thine new handler needs to understand what that entails."

@Takumi @Sark @Lucky

Last edited:

WIDER CAMP

"Wowowowowowow!"
QORI raised her hands in protest. "Eaaaasssyy there! Reset me? Reset me? Would you reset a human child? Would you recent a poor, sick puppy? I'm a living being, Jester Lavorre! Just because you're not getting what you want does not give you the right to just... just murder me!"

"Willow said a lot about you guys... but she never said that you guys were robotist!"

"

@Takumi @Jeremi @Lucky

MUSEUM

@Lucky

STAIRCASE

@Capri

"It's not just a story, Alice. It's history. Our history..." The Priest smiled. The Iron Maiden crashed down upon the floor before them. "5 years ago, Mother ventured into the Negative Third Dimension alongside the Inheritor. They upset the Sacred Balance. Souls cannot pass freely through the territory of the Pretender-King. Unable to enter their afterlives, some of these souls return to the Land of the Living. We call the Second-Born. More of them are Reborn every day... They come from deaths both peaceful and painful, thought the pained souls are generally less... agreeable..."

"Pitiful creatures... neither alive nor dead..." Crimson ran his finger across the beast's cage. "They need to be set free. Their misery must end. I can only hide these creatures down here for so long... I want you- no, I need you to purify this creature. With the power you hold over Death and Rebirth, this should be an easy feat. Follow your instincts. Call upon Death's Power."

View attachment 7212

"Do it! Purify her!"

@Takumi

"Let's get one thing straight; I don't hate you or the twins. Now am I upset? Yeah, plenty. Trust is earned and goes two ways, and Valkyrie has a point here, too." Katara replied, pointing at Qori as she spoke, before rubbing at her one of her eyes tiredly with the heel of her other hand.

"If we can look at whatever information you're getting while you do...whatever it is you advanced technologies do, then I don't have the biggest problem with it." She added, shrugging.

@Sark @Jeremi. @Lucky @Medical Tent

Alice flinched as she took a look at Kale. What kind of fucking steroids was this brick house on?

How the fuck was she supposed to purify her when she had no clue what to do? What, was she just supposed to smack her with the lantern or her weird rock hand or some shit?

@Sark @Basement

Alice flinched as she took a look at Kale. What kind of fucking steroids was this brick house on?

How the fuck was she supposed to purify her when she had no clue what to do? What, was she just supposed to smack her with the lantern or her weird rock hand or some shit?

@Sark @Basement
BASEMENT
"GGGHHHHHHHHHHHH...."

The Undead Saiyan lumbered towards her next meal. The Priest stepped back a little, placing Alice between his captive and himself.

"Alice..." Crimson muttered as he retreated. "Alice do something. Alice. Alice!"

His patience was slipping. Kale's great, grey hand reached down towards the pair.

"Alice! Do something!"

@Takumi
" We do not have technology such as yourself back home, so I apologize for saying to reset you."
MEDICAL TENT
"Sure..." QORI lamented. "Everybody's sorry when they get called out... I'm not asking for someone to throw a 'Jester Lavorre is over' Party or anything, but... Maker... this opens old wounds..."

"Or thou could join forces instead of prancing around in such a clandestine way," Valkyrie clearly had to spank the siblings next time they met. She groaned at Q.O.R.I. and its talk about cruelty. Seems like the children were quick to teach her whinging.
"You'd be asking us to place the revolution's eggs in a single basket, to turn a phrase." QORI pleaded. "This cyber attack proves how dangerous it would be to have a centralized revolution. We're separate cells. The more we openly and publicly connect, the greater the risk of us both being destroyed becomes. We fight for the same cause, but we need to prance! For everyone's sake!"

"Thine lamentations should be laid on the feet of your creator, not us for suggesting eliminating you. Walker chiding someone for suggesting caution tells me thou has fallen for her ruse. Thou are as much as a stranger as the children, and thine creator. Roboticist? Nay, thou was handed to us in secret. Thy hold your 'mother' hostage and expect us to trust?"
"Lament to my creator?" QORI shrieked. "You want me to blame God for making me, rather than blaming you for trying to kill m--" QORI'S shoulders loosened and rolled inwards. "Oh, you mean my other creator... right. If its any consolation, my mother is safe. Her code is interwoven with mine. If I wanted to, I could go back to being her? It would be easy. I'd just to change by voice, change my look, change my attitude a little. She's on my side on this one. Would you like me to go back to being her? I'd prefer not to, but... would it make your more comfortable?"

"I haven't fallen for anything, Sister Valkyrie." Walker whispered. "I simply believe that a creature capable of feeling pain and sorrow is very much alive. It doesn't matter if her flesh is made from steel, light or skin, we don't have the right to kill her...."

She sighed, this whole situation had become an utter farce. "Tis a waste of time. With C.O.R.I. lost we risk releasing a wolf into the hen house. Unless thou can follow what information she chooses to view? If thou know what she is looking for then allowing her in..." Valkyrie turned towards Q.O.R.I. "If thou are willing to reveal to us what content it is you seek then thou have nothing to fear. As you say. We are supposed to be allies. Thine new handler needs to understand what that entails."
"Let's get one thing straight; I don't hate you or the twins. Now am I upset? Yeah, plenty. Trust is earned and goes two ways, and Valkyrie has a point here, too." Katara replied, pointing at Qori as she spoke, before rubbing at her one of her eyes tiredly with the heel of her other hand.

"If we can look at whatever information you're getting while you do...whatever it is you advanced technologies do, then I don't have the biggest problem with it." She added, shrugging.
"My boss just wants a copy of your MurderWorld files, okay? And a quick peek into your experimental weapons files just to see if you're working on what we think you're working on." QORI mumbled. "And I know that the second part SOUNDS bad, but hear me out! We won't take a copy of any of your weapon plans! I'll just take a look. When Eli salvaged KORI/CORI from Murderworld, he reprogrammed her with situations like this in mind..." QORI snapped her fingers. A glowing screen appeared in front of her. Lines of code were rushing from one side to the other. "He was worried that the moment my mother went back on line, she'd start broadcasting the wrong things to the wrong people. Of course, she never did, but the safety measures remained. You'll be able to monitor every file I access and observe any changes I make. You'll be able to see the New Firewall come online in real time. You'll be able to see which weapon files I'm peeking into, and you'll be able to directly approve any files I take with me. The ball's in your court now. There's not much else I can say or do, beyond hoping that you'll make the right call."

I'm not sure about the quote and if he even said it. I missed a lot of history classes being a superhero and missed a lot more being trapped on an island for five years. I mean, of course there are some true things, but the truth is often hidden under layers and layers of lies. I'm not disregarding what you are saying, I'm saying that there is no way to tell what is true and what is false. That much is true, but there is something else that is entirely true as well. You have dodged both of the questions that I asked. The answer you gave to my first question was just a blanket of platitudes..... I think I used that word right and the answer to the second dodges the question entirely. Why is it you aren't saying anything meaningful or for that matter honest? Are you perhaps scared?"
MUSEUM
The hologram thinned his eyes.
"Don't get it twisted. I have answer every question you have asked. You asked me what the Goddess' first reign was like, and whether or not it was 'better' than her current reign. I answered your question to the best of my abilities. 'Better' is a subjective term. You were never going to get an objective answer to such a question, but I provided you with brief analysis of both periods perks none the less. You also asked me 'why' the Goddess was locked away. You didn't ask me how she was locked away. You didn't ask me who locked her away. You asked me why. So I gave you a brief overview of the concepts that inspired her imprisonment. Despite your repeated attempts to 'trap' me with your questions, I have neither ignored nor avoided your requests. If you are not happy with my answers, then perhaps you are asking the wrong Questions."

"
As for your final question, the answer is a simple 'no'. I have made peace with my Goddess. I have nothing to fear. Can you say the same?"

"I'm not here to hurt you, ma'am!" Jeff said, holding out his hands showing he has no weapons, "I'm searching for someone, and when I said her name, you had a reaction. I'm trying to see where you were going, but, y'know, my cover was blown. Do you know anyone by the name of Flayn?"
STAIRCASE
The girl turned around at the end of the staircase and raised her hands in turned, gesturing for Jeff to take a few steps back.
View attachment 7219
"Please..." She pleaded. "I don't want... I don't to hear that name... Don't say it again, please..."

She took another small step back. Her heel met the step above hers. She tumbled and fell onto the concrete.

"Who... who was it that sent you? You are with the Inquisitors, yes? This is a test?" She stammered. "Tell Father Crimson that I passed his latest assessment... My fealty remains with her Imperial Highness... Please... Just don't say that name again..."

@Capri

JEFFREY KOVAL
@Sark

“I’m not an inquisitor, ma’am, nor am I with Father Crimson,”
Jeff said, holding a hand out to the girl in an attempt to help her up, “I’m Jeff, and if you don’t want me to say that girl’s name again I won’t. Promise,”

BASEMENT
"GGGHHHHHHHHHHHH...."

The Undead Saiyan lumbered towards her next meal. The Priest stepped back a little, placing Alice between his captive and himself.

"Alice..." Crimson muttered as he retreated. "Alice do something. Alice. Alice!"

His patience was slipping. Kale's great, grey hand reached down towards the pair.

"Alice! Do something!"

@Takumi

MEDICAL TENT
"Sure..." QORI lamented. "Everybody's sorry when they get called out... I'm not asking for someone to throw a 'Jester Lavorre is over' Party or anything, but... Maker... this opens old wounds..."

"You'd be asking us to place the revolution's eggs in a single basket, to turn a phrase."
QORI pleaded. "This cyber attack proves how dangerous it would be to have a centralized revolution. We're separate cells. The more we openly and publicly connect, the greater the risk of us both being destroyed becomes. We fight for the same cause, but we need to prance! For everyone's sake!"

"Lament to my creator?"
QORI shrieked. "You want me to blame God for making me, rather than blaming you for trying to kill m--" QORI'S shoulders loosened and rolled inwards. "Oh, you mean my other creator... right. If its any consolation, my mother is safe. Her code is interwoven with mine. If I wanted to, I could go back to being her? It would be easy. I'd just to change by voice, change my look, change my attitude a little. She's on my side on this one. Would you like me to go back to being her? I'd prefer not to, but... would it make your more comfortable?"

"I haven't fallen for anything, Sister Valkyrie." Walker whispered. "I simply believe that a creature capable of feeling pain and sorrow is very much alive. It doesn't matter if her flesh is made from steel, light or skin, we don't have the right to kill her...."

"My boss just wants a copy of your MurderWorld files, okay? And a quick peek into your experimental weapons files just to see if you're working on what we think you're working on." QORI mumbled. "And I know that the second part SOUNDS bad, but hear me out! We won't take a copy of any of your weapon plans! I'll just take a look. When Eli salvaged KORI/CORI from Murderworld, he reprogrammed her with situations like this in mind..." QORI snapped her fingers. A glowing screen appeared in front of her. Lines of code were rushing from one side to the other. "He was worried that the moment my mother went back on line, she'd start broadcasting the wrong things to the wrong people. Of course, she never did, but the safety measures remained. You'll be able to monitor every file I access and observe any changes I make. You'll be able to see the New Firewall come online in real time. You'll be able to see which weapon files I'm peeking into, and you'll be able to directly approve any files I take with me. The ball's in your court now. There's not much else I can say or do, beyond hoping that you'll make the right call."

MUSEUM
"Don't get it twisted. I have answer every question you have asked. You asked me what the Goddess' first reign was like, and whether or not it was 'better' than her current reign. I answered your question to the best of my abilities. 'Better' is a subjective term. You were never going to get an objective answer to such a question, but I provided you with brief analysis of both periods perks none the less. You also asked me 'why' the Goddess was locked away. You didn't ask me how she was locked away. You didn't ask me who locked her away. You asked me why. So I gave you a brief overview of the concepts that inspired her imprisonment. Despite your repeated attempts to 'trap' me with your questions, I have neither ignored nor avoided your requests. If you are not happy with my answers, then perhaps you are asking the wrong Questions."

"
As for your final question, the answer is a simple 'no'. I have made peace with my Goddess. I have nothing to fear. Can you say the same?"

STAIRCASE
The girl turned around at the end of the staircase and raised her hands in turned, gesturing for Jeff to take a few steps back.
View attachment 7219
"Please..." She pleaded. "I don't want... I don't to hear that name... Don't say it again, please..."

She took another small step back. Her heel met the step above hers. She tumbled and fell onto the concrete.

"Who... who was it that sent you? You are with the Inquisitors, yes? This is a test?" She stammered. "Tell Father Crimson that I passed his latest assessment... My fealty remains with her Imperial Highness... Please... Just don't say that name again..."

@Capri

Katara nodded slowly as QORI spoke. She'd have to get Walker to give her a run down on what a firewall was compared to the mental image that immediately came to mind, but she was a bit proud of herself to have recognized a word or two she had learned while in the camp.

"Okay." She replied, the tension in her shoulders easing somewhat. She knew she wasn't the one to give the final say, and she was glad she wasn't.

@Sark @Jeremi @Lucky @Medical Tent

Alice moved to the side slightly, before closing in on Kale and placing her left hand against her chest to stop her advance, and maybe, with some concentration, put her at ease somehow. Maybe get her heart beating again if it wasn't, or something along those lines.

@Sark @Basement

BASEMENT
"GGGHHHHHHHHHHHH...."

"Alice! Do something!"

@Takumi

MEDICAL TENT

"You'd be asking us to place the revolution's eggs in a single basket, to turn a phrase."
QORI pleaded. "This cyber attack proves how dangerous it would be to have a centralized revolution. We're separate cells. The more we openly and publicly connect, the greater the risk of us both being destroyed becomes. We fight for the same cause, but we need to prance! For everyone's sake!"

"Lament to my creator?"
QORI shrieked. "You want me to blame God for making me, rather than blaming you for trying to kill m--" QORI'S shoulders loosened and rolled inwards. "Oh, you mean my other creator... right. If its any consolation, my mother is safe. Her code is interwoven with mine. If I wanted to, I could go back to being her? It would be easy. I'd just to change by voice, change my look, change my attitude a little. She's on my side on this one. Would you like me to go back to being her? I'd prefer not to, but... would it make your more comfortable?"

MUSEUM

"

STAIRCASE
View attachment 7219

@Capri

Valkyrie took everything that QORI was saying in. While she didn't have a hard grasp on how computers worked. "Aye, I believe there is no other choice, and trust has to be formed somehow." Her mind grasped unto how the A.I. mentioned she and her 'mother' were linked. "Mayhaps we can get an opportunity to separate you for mother and daughter to exists at the same time." Musings and someone with a much better head on their shoulder had to figure out, but still. She looked at the ones gathered. "Seems like we have come to an agreement? Who shall do the honor?"

@Sark @Takumi @Lucky @Medical Tent

" It would actually be a Caleb Widogast is over party, though I do not know what any of that means. I do know what a party is, but I don't know what a someone is over party is."

"
Would there be cake at the party? I like vanilla and chocolate and strawberry, oh and peach and oh donut cake would be good as well. There are so many different awesome cake options."

@Sark @Takumi @Jeremi @Medical Tent

Henry Hart

Henry ignored that detail as well.

" Maybe it might just be me, but you seem to be incredibly nitpicky on your answers, and I still hold by the fact that you aren't answering them as honestly as possible. Okay, so let me ask some different questions then, especially if you seem o want me to. What was the first period like that made everyone so loyal, what was joyful and happy? For that matter, who locked her away and how was she imprisoned? Follow up, question, was the Goddess always a godesss or was she something before all of this? Nobody I know is born a god, unless they got like connections to some mystical artifact or have like parents as a god. And if you aren't scared of what is happeneing, why are you sweating as if some of the answers you give could kill you?" He asked, not entirely sure what else he could ask that was the right question. There had to be something that he was missing, some other thing that he- actually, now that he thought about it, there was a final question that he wanted to ask.

"Never been much of a believe in gods and goddesses, they don't do much for me. Why is the Goddess so interested in the surviving participants in Arcade's murder game?"

@Sark @Museum

“I’m not an inquisitor, ma’am, nor am I with Father Crimson,” Jeff said, holding a hand out to the girl in an attempt to help her up, “I’m Jeff, and if you don’t want me to say that girl’s name again I won’t. Promise,”
STAIRCASE
"Then... then who are you with?!" The girl raised her voice as she crawled back across the stairs. Her eyes were wide and full of skepticism. She couldn't bring herself to trust Jeff. Not yet. Not after all this time. Like a dog in a pound, she shunned his hand and retreated further into herself. "Who sent you here? And... and how do you know that name?"

@Capri

" It would actually be a Caleb Widogast is over party, though I do not know what any of that means. I do know what a party is, but I don't know what a someone is over party is."

"
Would there be cake at the party? I like vanilla and chocolate and strawberry, oh and peach and oh donut cake would be good as well. There are so many different awesome cake options."

@Sark @Takumi @Jeremi @Medical Tent
WIDER CAMP
"No cake," QORI replied bluntly. "No cake, only sadness."

Valkyrie took everything that QORI was saying in. While she didn't have a hard grasp on how computers worked. "Aye, I believe there is no other choice, and trust has to be formed somehow." Her mind grasped unto how the A.I. mentioned she and her 'mother' were linked. "Mayhaps we can get an opportunity to separate you for mother and daughter to exists at the same time." Musings and someone with a much better head on their shoulder had to figure out, but still. She looked at the ones gathered. "Seems like we have come to an agreement? Who shall do the honor?"
Katara nodded slowly as QORI spoke. She'd have to get Walker to give her a run down on what a firewall was compared to the mental image that immediately came to mind, but she was a bit proud of herself to have recognized a word or two she had learned while in the camp.

"Okay." She replied, the tension in her shoulders easing somewhat. She knew she wasn't the one to give the final say, and she was glad she wasn't.
"Thank you!" QORI squeed. "You won't regret this. Now, Dr.Natu, if you could just press your ring against the base of my projector, I can just--"

Soranik sighed deeply and raised her hand.
"If this comes back to bite us, I swear..."

"I'll only be a mom---AGH!"

QORI opened her mouth to scream. No sound came out. Her holographic form flicked. Her eyes were rolling like casino reels. Her jaw was hanging loose. Words started to fill the screen before her.

//FILE//MURDERWORLD/SURVIVORS//
//FILE//SURVIVOR/ALIASES//
//FILE//SURVIVOR/LOCATIONS//
//FILE//BODY/THEORY/1//
//FILE/BODY/THEORY/2//
//FILE/BODY/THEORY/5//
//FILE/MURDERWORLD/LOCATION//
//FILE/OMEGA/1//
//FILE/OMEGA/27//
//FILE/ELI/WHITE//
//FILE//ALICE/SWAYNE//
//FILE/CONNER/KENT//
//FILE/JIANYU//
//FILE/OMEGA/50//
//FILE/WARREN/WORTHINGTON/III//
//FILE/WAR1//
//FILE/PRUDENCE//
//FILE/PSYCHOWALL1/INSTALLED//

"OPERATION COMPLETE"

QORI's jaw snapped shot. She straightened her spine. She brushed the hair from her face. Soranik removed her ring and blew a wisp of smoke from its signet.

"Done!" QORI chriped. "You've got yourselves a crisp new firewall, courtesy of the Boss. We won't even charge you a monthly fee, ain't that swell?"

The lights of the camp slowly dimmed. QORI's hologram was the only light to remain glowing.

"And not a moment too soon! The guy behind that going to be quite disappointed when he finds out that his very expensive virus has done little more than cause a camp-wide power-cut, and all thanks to
moi! Now, does anyone have any objections to these files, or am I good to shoot them off? Like I said. You guys get the final say in what I can and catch pinch."

@Jeremi @Takumi @Lucky
What was the first period like that made everyone so loyal, what was joyful and happy?
MUSEUM
"Let's break those questions down point by point, shall we?" The Hologram smiled with grinding teeth, his patience slipping. "The Goddess' first reign started in a simpler time. The world was young, and thus far less populated. The cultures that did exist had access to far greater resources. Food. Water. Land. The Goddess divided these treasures fairly among her people. They say that the richest men are those who want for nothing. If that's true, the Goddess' first subjects were trillionaires. The Goddess provided for them like a mother, and they thanked her with their love. It may be hard for you to comprehend, faithless one, but normal mortals love those who have watch over them."
For that matter, who locked her away and how was she imprisoned?
"The Goddess' imprisonment took place a thousand years after her arrival. After centuries of prosperity, her followers had multiplied dramatically. Resources were slowly being spread thinner and thinner. The Goddess continued to aid her followers, but even the divine cannot answer everybody's prayers. Two factions emerged from the Cult of An'Lu'Munus. The first was the Cult of An, or the Cult of Heavens. They believed that, no matter how hungry they were, the Goddess' true followers should still bless the Mother Queen with tides and offerings. They believed that the Goddess deserved their love. They believed that they would be rewarded for their loyalty in the next life. The second cult was called the Cult of Munus, or the Cult of Women. They believed that just as the Goddess loved her children, the Goddess' followers should love their fellow men in turn. Thus, instead of paying tides to the Goddess, they should instead spread her love through their good deeds and personal sacrifices. The Cult of Munus evolved during the Crisis Years. They believed that they could better do the Goddess' work if she was out of the picture. They believed that she would be a better Martyr than a Mother. Their methodology is lost to time, but the Cult of Munus was eventually successful in their attempts to bind the Goddess to her Tomb for centuries... up until Kolin the Chosen freed her from her sarcophagus 5 years ago."
Follow up, question, was the Goddess always a godesss or was she something before all of this? Nobody I know is born a god, unless they got like connections to some mystical artifact or have like parents as a god.
"You're presuming that there was a world before the Goddess. A bold assumption indeed. But I'll humor it. The only person who knows where the Goddess came from is the Goddess herself. Perhaps you should ask her in your prayers tonight. If she does not deep the question to be blasphemous and smite you where you kneel, be sure to return to my exhibit and tell me what she says."
And if you aren't scared of what is happeneing, why are you sweating as if some of the answers you give could kill you?" He asked, not entirely sure what else he could ask that was the right question. There had to be something that he was missing, some other thing that he- actually, now that he thought about it, there was a final question that he wanted to ask.
"I am a hologram." The A.I. replied bluntly. "I cannot sweat Even if I could, I have not reason to. I do not fear my Goddess anymore than any mortal should. I resent these baseless accusations. You'd be wise to keep such insults to yourself."

"Never been much of a believe in gods and goddesses, they don't do much for me. Why is the Goddess so interested in the surviving participants in Arcade's murder game?"
The Hologram squinted and leaned down towards Henry.
"Now why would the Mother-Queen care about a bunch of Reality-TV-Stars more than the rest of her followers? Who put such a thought in your head?"

@Lucky
Alice moved to the side slightly, before closing in on Kale and placing her left hand against her chest to stop her advance, and maybe, with some concentration, put her at ease somehow. Maybe get her heart beating again if it wasn't, or something along those lines.
BASEMENT
Contact
Alice's hand touched Kale's chest.
And
Nothing.
Contact
Kale's fist made contact with Alice's face.
She was tossed across the room like a rag-doll. She didn't stop flying until her back struck one of the basement's glass pen walls.

Crimson stared in disbelief. His smile had faded. His eyes were wide, but the only emotion that danced within them was... that of emptiness.

"No no no no no no..."
He muttered to himself. "You were supposed to be the... no this should be working!!!"

The Lantern's black light had already started to head Alice's wounds. The cuts from the glass had already closed. Her dizziness had passed in a heartbeat.

Kale was continuing to lumbered towards her. She raised her hands and groaned, readying herself for round 2.

@Takumi

STAIRCASE
"Then... then who are you with?!" The girl raised her voice as she crawled back across the stairs. Her eyes were wide and full of skepticism. She couldn't bring herself to trust Jeff. Not yet. Not after all this time. Like a dog in a pound, she shunned his hand and retreated further into herself. "Who sent you here? And... and how do you know that name?"

@Capri

WIDER CAMP

"Thank you!"
QORI squeed. "You won't regret this. Now, Dr.Natu, if you could just press your ring against the base of my projector, I can just--"

QORI opened her mouth to scream. No sound came out. Her holographic form flicked. Her eyes were rolling like casino reels. Her jaw was hanging loose. Words started to fill the screen before her.

//FILE//BODY/THEORY/1//
//FILE/BODY/THEORY/2//
//FILE/BODY/THEORY/5//
//FILE/OMEGA/1//
//FILE/OMEGA/27//
//FILE/ELI/WHITE//
//FILE//ALICE/SWAYNE//
//FILE/CONNER/KENT//
//FILE/JIANYU//
//FILE/OMEGA/50//
//FILE/WAR1//
//FILE/PRUDENCE//

"OPERATION COMPLETE"
QORI's jaw snapped shot. She straightened her spine. She brushed the hair from her face. Soranik removed her ring and blew a wisp of smoke from its signet.

"Done!" QORI chriped. "You've got yourselves a crisp new firewall, courtesy of the Boss. We won't even charge you a monthly fee, ain't that swell?"

The lights of the camp slowly dimmed. QORI's hologram was the only light to remain glowing.

"And not a moment too soon! The guy behind that going to be quite disappointed when he finds out that his very expensive virus has done little more than cause a camp-wide power-cut, and all thanks to moi! Now, does anyone have any objections to these files, or am I good to shoot them off? Like I said. You guys get the final say in what I can and catch pinch."

@Jeremi @Takumi @Lucky

MUSEUM
"Let's break those questions down point by point, shall we?" The Hologram smiled with grinding teeth, his patience slipping. "The Goddess' first reign started in a simpler time. The world was young, and thus far less populated. The cultures that did exist had access to far greater resources. Food. Water. Land. The Goddess divided these treasures fairly among her people. They say that the richest men are those who want for nothing. If that's true, the Goddess' first subjects were trillionaires. The Goddess provided for them like a mother, and they thanked her with their love. It may be hard for you to comprehend, faithless one, but normal mortals love those who have watch over them."

"The Goddess' imprisonment took place a thousand years after her arrival. After centuries of prosperity, her followers had multiplied dramatically. Resources were slowly being spread thinner and thinner. The Goddess continued to aid her followers, but even the divine cannot answer everybody's prayers. Two factions emerged from the Cult of An'Lu'Munus. The first was the Cult of An, or the Cult of Heavens. They believed that, no matter how hungry they were, the Goddess' true followers should still bless the Mother Queen with tides and offerings. They believed that the Goddess deserved their love. They believed that they would be rewarded for their loyalty in the next life. The second cult was called the Cult of Munus, or the Cult of Women. They believed that just as the Goddess loved her children, the Goddess' followers should love their fellow men in turn. Thus, instead of paying tides to the Goddess, they should instead spread her love through their good deeds and personal sacrifices. The Cult of Munus evolved during the Crisis Years. They believed that they could better do the Goddess' work if she was out of the picture. They believed that she would be a better Martyr than a Mother. Their methodology is lost to time, but the Cult of Munus was eventually successful in their attempts to bind the Goddess to her Tomb for centuries... up until Kolin the Chosen freed her from her sarcophagus 5 years ago."

"You're presuming that there was a world before the Goddess. A bold assumption indeed. But I'll humor it. The only person who knows where the Goddess came from is the Goddess herself. Perhaps you should ask her in your prayers tonight. If she does not deep the question to be blasphemous and smite you where you kneel, be sure to return to my exhibit and tell me what she says."

"I am a
hologram." The A.I. replied bluntly. "I cannot sweat Even if I could, I have not reason to. I do not fear my Goddess anymore than any mortal should. I resent these baseless accusations. You'd be wise to keep such insults to yourself."

"Now why would the Mother-Queen care about a bunch of Reality-TV-Stars more than the rest of her followers? Who put such a thought in your head?"

@Lucky

BASEMENT
Contact
And
Nothing.
Contact
She was tossed across the room like a rag-doll. She didn't stop flying until her back struck one of the basement's glass pen walls.

Crimson stared in disbelief. His smile had faded. His eyes were wide, but the only emotion that danced within them was... that of emptiness.

"No no no no no no..." He muttered to himself. "You were supposed to be the... no this should be working!!!"

The Lantern's black light had already started to head Alice's wounds. The cuts from the glass had already closed. Her dizziness had passed in a heartbeat.

Kale was continuing to lumbered towards her. She raised her hands and groaned, readying herself for round 2.

@Takumi

"Tis for others to say," Valkyrie admitted. "I am but a guest in this camp. The ones who call it home shall have the final say on the matter." The files meant nothing to her either. Random names and mentions she wasn't privy to. Hopefully, they hadn't signed away anything important to the proverbial devil.

@Sark @Takumi @Lucky

STAIRCASE

@Capri

WIDER CAMP

"Thank you!"
QORI squeed. "You won't regret this. Now, Dr.Natu, if you could just press your ring against the base of my projector, I can just--"

//FILE//BODY/THEORY/1//
//FILE/BODY/THEORY/2//
//FILE/BODY/THEORY/5//
//FILE/OMEGA/1//
//FILE/OMEGA/27//
//FILE/ELI/WHITE//
//FILE//ALICE/SWAYNE//
//FILE/CONNER/KENT//
//FILE/JIANYU//
//FILE/OMEGA/50//
//FILE/WAR1//
//FILE/PRUDENCE//

"OPERATION COMPLETE"

"And not a moment too soon! The guy behind that going to be quite disappointed when he finds out that his very expensive virus has done little more than cause a camp-wide power-cut, and all thanks to moi! Now, does anyone have any objections to these files, or am I good to shoot them off? Like I said. You guys get the final say in what I can and catch pinch."

@Jeremi @Takumi @Lucky

MUSEUM

"I am a
hologram." The A.I. replied bluntly. "I cannot sweat Even if I could, I have not reason to. I do not fear my Goddess anymore than any mortal should. I resent these baseless accusations. You'd be wise to keep such insults to yourself."

@Lucky

BASEMENT
Contact
And
Nothing.
Contact

"No no no no no no..." He muttered to himself. "You were supposed to be the... no this should be working!!!"

@Takumi

"Unless Ms. Natu or Walker have any objections, I'm okay with it." Katara spoke, but was a bit curious on those body theory files.

Alice's eyes widened when she was punched. She was pretty sure something broke when she hit the wall. Once everything stopped hurting, her nostrils flared as heat came off her in waves for a second from her anger.

"Bitch." She grunted as she pulled herself back to her feet. So that didn't work, what the fuck was she going to do now? She didn't feel like nearly dying repeatedly until she got it right. She did feel like punching Crimson in the gut, but she'd hold back on that urge.

She flexed her fingers slightly, attempting to tap into the lanterns power in an attempt to get it to work.

Why couldn't this Nekron shit give her like some sort of manual on what the fuck she was supposed to do?

If it didn't work this time, she'd move away from Kale and try to stay out of her reach as she'd try to purify her again with the lantern from a distance.

@Sark @Basement

JEFFREY KOVAL
@Sark

“I’m on...”
Jeff feigned looking around before whispering to the woman “I’m on behalf of a top secret group called the Multiversal Faith Association, MFA for short, alright? We purged all secularists from our group following the Goddess’s rise so, don’t worry about us being against the Mother-Queen. We got some intel about the girl knowing some information vital for our association, and we came to collect that information. Don’t tell anyone I was here, okay?

He hopes he’s not doing anything stupid, and that she:
1. Believes him
2. Is a Goddessian herself
and 3. Doesn’t tell anyone he’s there.

"Tis for others to say," Valkyrie admitted. "I am but a guest in this camp. The ones who call it home shall have the final say on the matter." The files meant nothing to her either. Random names and mentions she wasn't privy to. Hopefully, they hadn't signed away anything important to the proverbial devil.

@Sark @Takumi @Lucky
"Unless Ms. Natu or Walker have any objections, I'm okay with it." Katara spoke, but was a bit curious on those body theory files.

Alice's eyes widened when she was punched. She was pretty sure something broke when she hit the wall. Once everything stopped hurting, her nostrils flared as heat came off her in waves for a second from her anger.

"Bitch." She grunted as she pulled herself back to her feet. So that didn't work, what the fuck was she going to do now? She didn't feel like nearly dying repeatedly until she got it right. She did feel like punching Crimson in the gut, but she'd hold back on that urge.

She flexed her fingers slightly, attempting to tap into the lanterns power in an attempt to get it to work.

Why couldn't this Nekron shit give her like some sort of manual on what the fuck she was supposed to do?

If it didn't work this time, she'd move away from Kale and try to stay out of her reach as she'd try to purify her again with the lantern from a distance.

@Sark @Basement
WIDER CAMP
“The Godless... we’re a Democracy.” Walker hummed softly. “Even if I did have any objections- which I do not- my only hope would rest in changing your made minds. My vote alone couldn’t change the tides. The decision has been made— thank you for your assistance, QORI.”

“Anytime, honey-pies,” The AI sung her reply. “Now, I bet you’re all itching to get back inside and help your friends, right? With the power on the blink, you should be able to walk right into the Museum without and troubles. Here’s the low-down I promised you-

“I’ve picked up a signal from Toren’s ring. He’s with Wally and Eli in the Temple’s basement, hence why his signal was so weak. They’ve sent out a few SOS messages... they’re fighting... well, Wally keeps calling them ‘Zombies’, but I doubt that’s the correct way to classify them...”

“The Bug Eli placed in Alice has started broadcasting again. She’s a little further into the Basement fighting... a bigger zombie. Things are going well for her, let me tell you that. She’s taken a beating, but she’s holding up.”

“Rei’s snuck upstairs. He’s made it into the library, but he’s encountered some opposition. If he wants to sneak past the Librarian, he’s going to need a distraction...”

“Henry is currently engaging in a theistic debate with a machine. To turn an unfortunate phrase, Goddess help him... He’s safe...well, he’s physically safe, at least. I think the AI he’s harassing is one step away from calling him an anti-human slur... maybe he deserves it...”

“I’ve got a visual on Jeff. He’s talking with... I think he’s found her. Flayn, I mean. But she’s jumpy. He could use a hand calming her down.”

“Best pick a path and go, friends.” QORI bit her lip. “Things aren’t going according to plan down there... I’ll call in support from Valla as soon as I can. Good luck and get moving!”

@Lucky @Jeremi @Takumi

Last edited:

WIDER CAMP
“The Godless... we’re a Democracy.” Walker hummed softly. “Even if I did have any objections- which I do not- my only hope would rest in changing your made minds. My vote alone couldn’t change the tides. The decision has been made— thank you for your assistance, QORI.”

“Anytime, honey-pies,” The AI sung her reply. “Now, I bet you’re all itching to get back inside and help your friends, right? With the power on the blink, you should be able to walk right into the Museum without and troubles. Here’s the low-down I promised you-

“I’ve picked up a signal from Toren’s ring. He’s with Wally and Eli in the Temple’s basement, hence why his signal was so weak. They’ve sent out a few SOS messages... they’re fighting... well, Wally keeps calling them ‘Zombies’, but I doubt that’s the correct way to classify them...”

“The Bug Eli placed in Alice has started broadcasting again. She’s a little further into the Basement fighting... a bigger zombie. Things are going well for her, let me tell you that. She’s taken a beating, but she’s holding up.”

“Rei’s snuck upstairs. He’s made it into the library, but he’s encountered some opposition. If he wants to sneak past the Librarian, he’s going to need a distraction...”

“Henry is currently engaging in a theistic debate with a machine. To turn an unfortunate phrase, Goddess help him... He’s safe...well, he’s physically safe, at least. I think the AI he’s harassing is one step away from calling him an anti-human slur... maybe he deserves it...”

“I’ve got a visual on Henry. He’s talking with... I think he’s found her. Flayn, I mean. But she’s jumpy. He could use a hand calming her down.”

“Best pick a path and go, friends.” QORI bit her lip. “Things aren’t going according to plan down there... I’ll call in support from Valla as soon as I can. Good luck and get moving!”

@Lucky @Jeremi @Takumi

Seemed like their situation had been resolved somewhat fortuitously. Now it was time to help the others. Valkyrie pulled out her sword and spear. "Aye if Rei needs a distraction, the Valkyrie shall provide one!"

@Lucky @Sark @Takumi

BASEMENT
Alice raised her lantern and--

CRACK

Kale's shoe sent the phoenix soaring back through another wall. Chunks of concrete were scattered across what appeared to be Crimson's meditation. The wave of dust that erupted from the latest hole in the wall distinguished the chamber's collection of candles as quickly as a child would have extinguished the candles on their birthday cake. The only light that remained in the chamber emanated from a polished, crimson lantern identical to Alice's own. Before she could survey is, a great, grey hand punched a larger hole in the wall behind her. Kale wrapped her great, pillar-fingers around Alice's fingers and dragged her back through the wall. Raising her prey as a fisherman might raise their prized catch, Kale unleashed a stink howl, her lips inches way from Alice's face.

"GGHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!"

A crimson, glass muzzled appeared over the Saiyan's mouth, snapping it shut. They chain that tied the muzzle back was pulled, and Kale was dragged backwards across the chamber. Her hands lunged towards her muzzle. She released her hold over her prey. A dozen more crimson chains bound and tied the Saiyan to the chamber's wall. Crimson slowly lowered his ring as the beast struggled against her restrains.

"Okay... Okay that didn't work..." He soliloquized. "May the records show... and may both the Goddess and Nekron know... that my faith is unshaken."

A crimson box closed in around the Saiyan and carried her off the placed unknown. Crimson turned back to Alice. He opened his hand to offer her assistance, only to close it a moment later. He'd let the lantern do its work. She'd be fine.

"She interfaced with the Lantern... it became a part of her... and yet it didn't work... why didn't it work?" He looped his hands behind his back and started to pace the room. "Was I wrong? No... No I can't be... the Prophecies were clear. My faith is strong. We'll have to try again. A different trial. Yes. I've been going too hard on her... no... too easy..."

Crimson fiddled with his ring and closed his eyes. "Goddess protect her..." He prayed.
He slowly peeled his eyes open and turned back to Alice. He finally raised his voice and addressed her. "You passed the first test. You failed the second. You're the right woman for the job. You have the right tools. The only explanation is that you're not trying hard enough. Get up." He snapped, visibly frustrated. "Up!"
A door at the end of the chamber slowly slid open.
"Trial Three awaits. You will pass. In the name of all things holy, you will pass it. Go. Step inside."

@Takumi
“I’m on...” Jeff feigned looking around before whispering to the woman “I’m on behalf of a top secret group called the Multiversal Faith Association, MFA for short, alright? We purged all secularists from our group following the Goddess’s rise so, don’t worry about us being against the Mother-Queen. We got some intel about the girl knowing some information vital for our association, and we came to collect that information. Don’t tell anyone I was here, okay?

He hopes he’s not doing anything stupid, and that she:
1. Believes him
2. Is a Goddessian herself
and 3. Doesn’t tell anyone he’s there.
STAIRCASE
"Oh... okay..." The girl stammered. Her eyes thinned and her eyebrows danced. "MFA..." She whispered to herself. "I do not think I have not heard of the MFA... And I know the records quite well... If you're not part of the Empire, you must be from outside the Goddess' territory, yes? What is it like out there? The Mutliverse? What is it--" She stopped herself, biting her tongue. "You must forgive my enthusiasm... I am not supposed to talk to strangers... But if you are with the MFA... You are a fellow Child of the Goddess, and we are not truly strangers, correct?" Her tired eyes creased with a spark of hope. She stopped treating up the stairs. Her breathing slowed. Her chest stopped heaving. She cautiously raised her hand and offered it to the boy. Her fingers still trembled. Her eyes were still wide. Every motion the 'MFA Agent' made sent her jumping. "They call me the No-Name," She smiled a little. "What... what do you need? Maybe... Maybe I can help you find this girl... if you tell me why?"

@Capri
Seemed like their situation had been resolved somewhat fortuitously. Now it was time to help the others. Valkyrie pulled out her sword and spear. "Aye if Rei needs a distraction, the Valkyrie shall provide one!"
LIBRARY
BOOM!
The library's great doors came swinging open. The sudden sound sent the Librarian's assistant jumping. Her twitching fingers dropped the tome in her hands. It's loose papers scurried about the library in all directions. The assistant dropped to her knees in a panic, a squeaking gasp escaping her lips as she did so.
"Stupid girl!" The librarian screamed, her flaming hair standing on ends. "Insolent child! You're delaying us! Delaying our schedule!"
"I-I-I'm sorry, Madame Librarian!"
"When you delay the burning, you delay--"
"The entire Inquisition, yes Madame."
"You dare speak for me?" She screeched. "You dare steal my words?"
"Forgive me, Madame!" She whimpered.
"You know what happens to girls who disrespect Madame, don't you, ingrate?!"
"..."
"DON'T YOU?!"
"Yes... Madame..."
"And what happens to them, wench?"
"They get burned..."
The flaming woman crouched down beside her assistant and leaned in close. She lowered her voice. Mercie could feel the librarian's smoky breath stinging her cheek.
"Yes, Mercie. I burn them. Drop another book, and, well... My hands will be tied. The rules are the rules... You'll join the rest of your kind in a very hot, very... unpleasant place, and perhaps..." She slowly raised her finger. She pointed directly at Valkyrie, all without looking at her. "Perhaps you'll be accompanied by her..."
The flaming woman stood up to her full height. She slowly turned to face the Asgardian.
"This floor is off limits, woman." She snarled. "Beseech and begone, before I lose my patience."

@Jeremi

JEFFREY KOVAL
@Sark

Jeff was relieved that No-Name bought into his lie, but he’s done this investigative work before, so he didn’t show it.

“Yeah, I’m from outside,” he said, thankful that No-Name practically gave him an excuse from his fake organization being exempt from the Goddess’s files, “It’s like night and day in comparison.”

He gave a little respectful smile at her introduction. She seems sweet, someone who’s probably been through a lot of stuff at the hands of the Goddess’s Inquisitors. Jeff secretly hopes No-Name can break free of the Goddess’s indoctrination, but he doesn’t outwardly express it.

“It’s certainly a pleasure to meet you, No-Name,” Jeff said, “The girl who I won’t say the name of has some vital information for our organization, but I can’t say what it’s about because it’s classified. I hope you can understand that, I’ve already said too much,”

BASEMENT
Alice raised her lantern and--

CRACK

Kale's shoe sent the phoenix soaring back through another wall. Chunks of concrete were scattered across what appeared to be Crimson's meditation. The wave of dust that erupted from the latest hole in the wall distinguished the chamber's collection of candles as quickly as a child would have extinguished the candles on their birthday cake. The only light that remained in the chamber emanated from a polished, crimson lantern identical to Alice's own. Before she could survey is, a great, grey hand punched a larger hole in the wall behind her. Kale wrapped her great, pillar-fingers around Alice's fingers and dragged her back through the wall. Raising her prey as a fisherman might raise their prized catch, Kale unleashed a stink howl, her lips inches way from Alice's face.

"GGHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!"

A crimson, glass muzzled appeared over the Saiyan's mouth, snapping it shut. They chain that tied the muzzle back was pulled, and Kale was dragged backwards across the chamber. Her hands lunged towards her muzzle. She released her hold over her prey. A dozen more crimson chains bound and tied the Saiyan to the chamber's wall. Crimson slowly lowered his ring as the beast struggled against her restrains.

"Okay... Okay that didn't work..." He soliloquized. "May the records show... and may both the Goddess and Nekron know... that my faith is unshaken."

A crimson box closed in around the Saiyan and carried her off the placed unknown. Crimson turned back to Alice. He opened his hand to offer her assistance, only to close it a moment later. He'd let the lantern do its work. She'd be fine.

"She interfaced with the Lantern... it became a part of her... and yet it didn't work... why didn't it work?" He looped his hands behind his back and started to pace the room. "Was I wrong? No... No I can't be... the Prophecies were clear. My faith is strong. We'll have to try again. A different trial. Yes. I've been going too hard on her... no... too easy..."

Crimson fiddled with his ring and closed his eyes. "Goddess protect her..." He prayed.
He slowly peeled his eyes open and turned back to Alice. He finally raised his voice and addressed her. "You passed the first test. You failed the second. You're the right woman for the job. You have the right tools. The only explanation is that you're not trying hard enough. Get up." He snapped, visibly frustrated. "Up!"
A door at the end of the chamber slowly slid open.
"Trial Three awaits. You will pass. In the name of all things holy, you will pass it. Go. Step inside."

@Takumi

STAIRCASE
"Oh... okay..." The girl stammered. Her eyes thinned and her eyebrows danced. "MFA..." She whispered to herself. "I do not think I have not heard of the MFA... And I know the records quite well... If you're not part of the Empire, you must be from outside the Goddess' territory, yes? What is it like out there? The Mutliverse? What is it--" She stopped herself, biting her tongue. "You must forgive my enthusiasm... I am not supposed to talk to strangers... But if you are with the MFA... You are a fellow Child of the Goddess, and we are not truly strangers, correct?" Her tired eyes creased with a spark of hope. She stopped treating up the stairs. Her breathing slowed. Her chest stopped heaving. She cautiously raised her hand and offered it to the boy. Her fingers still trembled. Her eyes were still wide. Every motion the 'MFA Agent' made sent her jumping. "They call me the No-Name," She smiled a little. "What... what do you need? Maybe... Maybe I can help you find this girl... if you tell me why?"

@Capri

LIBRARY
BOOM!
The library's great doors came swinging open. The sudden sound sent the Librarian's assistant jumping. Her twitching fingers dropped the tome in her hands. It's loose papers scurried about the library in all directions. The assistant dropped to her knees in a panic, a squeaking gasp escaping her lips as she did so.
"Stupid girl!" The librarian screamed, her flaming hair standing on ends. "Insolent child! You're delaying us! Delaying our schedule!"
"I-I-I'm sorry, Madame Librarian!"
"When you delay the burning, you delay--"
"The entire Inquisition, yes Madame."
"You dare speak for me?" She screeched. "You dare steal my words?"
"Forgive me, Madame!" She whimpered.
"You know what happens to girls who disrespect Madame, don't you, ingrate?!"
"..."
"DON'T YOU?!"
"Yes... Madame..."
"And what happens to them, wench?"
"They get burned..."
The flaming woman crouched down beside her assistant and leaned in close. She lowered her voice. Mercie could feel the librarian's smoky breath stinging her cheek.
"Yes, Mercie. I burn them. Drop another book, and, well... My hands will be tied. The rules are the rules... You'll join the rest of your kind in a very hot, very... unpleasant place, and perhaps..." She slowly raised her finger. She pointed directly at Valkyrie, all without looking at her. "Perhaps you'll be accompanied by her..."
The flaming woman stood up to her full height. She slowly turned to face the Asgardian.
"This floor is off limits, woman." She snarled. "Beseech and begone, before I lose my patience."

@Jeremi

Not only did it seem that she had to create a diversion for Rei, but Valkyrie also got to do another favorite thing. Rescuing a damsel in distress. "Unhand that woman foul demon!" Valkyrie pointed her spear accusingly at the flaming woman. "Thou have the stench of villainy and the Valkyrie has come to deliver you to justice!" She then gave the assistant a wink. "Fair lady, perhaps thou shall seek refuge until this is over? Tis not for the faint of heart."

@Sark

WIDER CAMP

“I’ve got a visual on Jeff. He’s talking with... I think he’s found her. Flayn, I mean. But she’s jumpy. He could use a hand calming her down.”

@Lucky @Jeremi @Takumi

"I can try and help with Flayn." Katara offered. Maybe it'd be a bit easier to get her to calm down? She hoped so, anyway.

"How come you have a shrine to a lantern? Is this a cult?" Alice huffed and scowled as she got to her feet. Yeah, he was starting to remind her a bit of Renfred with his strict...teaching style. Yet Renfred also knew how to not make her want to stick her head in a pile of dirt and scream in frustration.

"Thanks for letting me get punched by a steroid induced brick wall, by the way." She grumbled under her breath as she brushed off dust from her clothes and tried not to sneeze from it.

@Sark @Basement

Back