Side Story The Goddess II: Fate of the Old Gods

Takumi

Member of the Yato Club
MADDIE PALMER
@Sark @Takumi

“...”

Maddie’s hold on Millie weakened.

She looked towards Alice and Ashe.

Her features softened, a look of rage turned into a look of concern.

Millie was unconscious now, but it didn’t seem that Maddie cared about the rambunctious redhead.

In Maddie’s frozen, emerald heart, a light shone.

The hold the Goddess held on Maddie is seeming to weaken. She looked at Alice with a look that speaks a million words.

Let him go
I don’t want to hurt you
What is happening?
You will die
Let him go
Let him go
Let him go

But most of all, she wasn’t moving an inch.​
Alice glanced to Maddie long enough to get the gist of what she was trying to convey, mouthing her own message to her silently.

[9 3 1 14 20. 9 4 15 14 20 23 1 14 20 20 15 8 21 18 20 25 15 21 5 9 20 8 5 18.]

She hoped her message got through to Maddie, since she didn't seem to want to put her boyfriend or whatever in anymore danger. She could relate to wanting to protect someone you cared for. She had told Renfred she'd do better as a bodyguard and she still had a ways to go in that department. The blonde then returned her gaze to 'Izana' to keep an eye on him for whatever went down next.

@Sark @Capri @Others

Capri

cheesedrew enthusiast
Mentor
MADDIE PALMER
@Sark @Takumi @Everyone

[23-8-1-20 9-19 20-8-9-19? 23-8-25 4-15 9 6-5-5-12 20-8-9-19 23-1-25? 12-5-20 8-9-13 7-15! 12-5-20 8-9-13 7-15! 23-8-25? 23-8-25? 23-8-25 8-9-13!? 23-8-25 8-9-13!?]

Maddie looked like she had no clue what she was saying...

...or that she was speaking in the first place.

But Alice could get the sense she didn’t acknowledge her words.

She looked to be too distressed...​

Sark

Im-im-impossible!!
Maddie, or rather, the brainwashed woman that was once Maddie, made her way towards Nina with murderous intent in her eyes.

Grabbing a handful of Nina’s hair, she slammed the thief’s head down on the table, kneed her in the stomach, and threw her onto the ground.

She grabbed a knife, attempting to stab Nina, but a pair of hands grabbed her ankles and dragged her onto the ground.

“I didn’t expect a hero to be so lame

“Shut up ya fuckin’ hoe!”

“Hoe? That insult is super lame. I know it’s lame, and I’m like two!”

Growling, Maddie lunged at Millie, who grabbed her golf club and smacked her across the face with it.

“You’ll pay for that!!”

Maddie tackled Millie to the ground, the two now struggling on the ground.
Crack
Nina's head struck the table. It wasn't a bang. It wasn't a bonk. It was a gut wrenching, unceremonious crack. The table shattered around the young thief's forehead. Crimson stained the wooden shards that scattered before her flailing form. She didn't respond to the knee Maddie planted in her stomach. She didn't respond to the dragging or tossing. She was limp. Lifeless.
The Might of Goddess raged through her chosen veins. Their strength had increased tenfold upon tenfold. Bones shattered like eggshells. Armor crumbled like wafer.

Roman stomped his way towards Odin and wrapped his hands around his neck, trying to choke him out.
Pop
An ancient incantation lost somewhere inside the sorcerer's throat. Louder than Odin's pain gurgle was the silence that followed his passing. The second stretched on endlessly. Bruises stained the prey's neck. Blood stained the predator's hands. With a flex of the Chosen's fingers, the Godless was forced from his mortal coil.

"That's quite enough."
Having fled to Valla with the rest of the refugees, Jakurai had opted out of getting too involved in the festivities, staying far away from any alcohol. As such, his mind was sharp and focused, and he was quick to activate his Hypnosis Mic. He narrowed his eyes at his target, readying to perform and defuse this situation as quickly as possible.

"Father and daughter, reunited at last,
But a future in danger as foes cling to the past.
Let your emancipation not be in vain,
Rise up, resist, and free yourself, Flayn!"

Jakurai's rap went not on the offensive, but in support of Flayn's psyche. Attempting to use hie healing ability, the doctor hoped to give the young woman resistance in order to free herself from the Goddess' clutches.
“Flayn!” he called out as the Goddess lifted her up into the air.

He didn’t see what happened next.

He couldn’t bear to watch.

Tears began to streak down his cheeks.

He couldn’t do anything, after all, he was powerless.
Words battled against deeds. Whilst Flayn's mind grey stronger, her body grew weaker. Her defenses crumbled. Her skins started to burn with the same furious conviction that now filled her spirit. Emerald sparks leaped from her skin. Sparks fluttered into fireflies. Fireflies blossomed into butterflies. She drew her trembling hands towards her chest. She howled, frightened, furious. A twitch danced upon the cheek of the Goddess' host. A spark of humanity danced in the corner of Izana's hate stained eyes. Just as soon as it had been ignited, it was snuffed out with a twisted cackle.
The afterglow of this heartbeat of weakness remained. The invisible hands which held the Daughter of the Revolution in place seemed to loosened. Filled with the courage to defy, Flayn writhed for all she was worth, her failing strength battling the Goddesses' seemingly endless supply.

"Veranke...forgive me, Izana, but I don't think I can wait, after all." Kolin stood, hands flat on the table. Her icy stare chilled any who locked eyes with her to the bone. "I need to speak with that traitorous witch right this minute...and then learn what I can to destroy the Society once and for all."

A hand rested on the woman's shoulder, a friendly voice was at her ear. "Now, now, Kolin..." Rei smiled as if talking to a lost child, determined to fulfill his task given to him five years ago by Gill. His other hand slowly reached for his mic. "Don't you think you should enjoy the--"

Shnnnk.

"...grk!"

For one of the few times in his life, there was a look of pure shock on the MasterMind's face. He sunk to his knees, his already crimson shirt turning a deeper red as Kolin removed the icy blade encasing her hand from his side. "You...do you think for a second I didn't know Gill was keeping tabs on me? The Church of Sheng Long...we've used that as a dummy religion for centuries. All this spying, this deceit...this is exactly why this Fellowship is a scourge upon us all! Now I WILL go and see Veranke, and no one else will get in my way!"
The night's mead had numbed the minds of the few soldiers left to guard the Castle's Dungeons. There was no need to fight them. The call of the battle was drawing them away from their captives. They charged past Kolin, spears in hand, without a second though. Kolin was their guest, after all. She was their rallying cry. Their inspiration. If the Goddess' own chosen was willing to fight by their sides, how could they lose? If anyone could be trust with the Castle's most precious prisoners, it was he. They trusted her. They loved her.
That was their first mistake.
Kolin stood alone in the heart of the Castle. Two prisoners sat in separate cells at the end of the hall. Father Crimson. Veranke. Each seemingly unaware of the other's presence, left with little to do that count the cracks in the walls. A few steel bars kept her from her targets. An insignificant hurdle to someone of her capabilities.
"So... Izana has revealed himself, hm?" Crimson hummed, not turning to face his supposed 'liberator'. "It's about time. To have a living gun pressed against the revolution's head, and to not use it until now... Oh, how our Goddess works in mysterious ways..." He gestured towards his cell's door. "Do away with... these worldly restraints. Deliver me to Her at last. We have so much to do..."

Vernake's eyes remained closed, her spirit locked in silent meditation.

Valkyrie instinctively pulled her weapons as Izana began his little rant against society and the woes that had befallen him. She was ready to cut him down but it was too late, that damn Goddess materialized herself in this sanctuary. She put herself between Mercedes and their foes. With who their enemies were she decided to not go to the attack unless they were threatened.
Meanwhile, Silque had turned to Valkyrie and cast Nosferatu on the Asgardian while Ashe had turned towards Yuri, and brought his glowing hands up ready to cast a spell. Someone's cup flew through the air and-
Emerald flames danced behind the fog of Nosferatu. The dark smoke began to spiral and surge. What had once started out as a cloud soon contorted itself into a raging bull of a hurricane. Nosferatu no longer called upon the strength of Silque's meaningless Old Gods. No. Her spell called upon the spirit of the Goddess herself. The emerald razor wind tore upon the flesh of the three souls unfortunate enough to stand in its path. Valkyrie. Mercie. Yuri. The smoke moved as if it were possessed. It swarmed its prey. It was crushing. Choking. Yuri futilely called upon some ancient counter-cursed. His Gods didn't respond to his invocation. His demands were going straight to voicemail.
The Old Gods couldn't save them now.
"Let them go! You call Seteth a coward? What does that make you?! Threatening a child's life to try and get your way! You're no Goddess, you're a tyrant! Maybe this is why you were left behind and abandoned! You don't seem to know what real love is!" She cried out angrily.
"Child?" The Goddess scoffed. "Oh, no. Flayn has seem more empires rise and fall than you could possibly imagine. She was there, back in the Age of Sothis. She was there, in the Age of the Fellowship, the Dark Age. Apathy stains her hands like blood, like bile. To have been able to aid the Righteous Cause and to stand idle... It's a vile sin. It's what the Old Gods never realized... They had the power to make Paradise-on-Earth... And yet... they did not. Worry not. I shall not make their mistakes!" With a wave of her hand, she turned water to blood. The seas under Katara's control ignored her call. "A thousand years from now, my children's children will look back upon this day and rejoice. They shall not remember the names and faces of the demons that resisted me... But they shall toast to my victories none the less. The Graves of the Godless shall become our spittons, and your children's children will lead us in our spitting. Raised in the Light of my Truth, they shall see the world for the Glorious Paradise that it shall soon be. You will be forgotten, Godless Katara. The candles the light in your memory shall be snuffed, snuffed like the 'immortal' spirit of your beloved Avatar. This is your last chance to stand on the right side of history. This is your last chance to live a life free from ignorance and suffering. Kneel, child. Heel. You cannot win this fight. You shall not win this war."

"Murderers? You know why Scott isn't here? You know the reason? Cause his death was due to bitches like Arcade thinking it's funny to mess with people's heads and get them to do what he wants, so why don't you stop making it seem like you had the worst pick of the lot out of everyone in the whole Multiverse." She snapped, about ready to verbally tear into him some more as she stood, shoulders squared until it turned out he was under the Goddess' influence.
"Forget about Scott. He matters not." The Goddess smirked, unmoved by Alice's cries. "Soon, all of Hell shall be brought to heel. In its place, a the seeds of a New Afterlife will be sowed: My Afterlife. You'll see him again, your dear Scott Summers. You'll see your mother too. Renfred. All the infidels you have come to love. They will all be there, kneeling before my shrine, changed, reborn, enlightened." The Goddess raised her stolen hand. A bullet slipped from the barrel of Alice's gun and hovered before her, waiting for a command from on high. The Goddess didn't hesitate. She didn't pause. Ashe was expendable. He was flesh. Worldly. Mortal. His soul was already hers for the reaping. She cared not for the fare of his body. With a snap of her commandeered fingers, the bullet changed its course. The led pellet tore a path through Alice's own knee, forcing her to kneel. "I can take you to them, you know. You can be together again. You can be happy. This can all be over. This can all end." A delicate hand was offered to the Phoenix. "Just take my hand. Just trust in Mother. Pass your problems unto Mother, and she'll make the pain go away..."
[23-8-1-20 9-19 20-8-9-19? 23-8-25 4-15 9 6-5-5-12 20-8-9-19 23-1-25? 12-5-20 8-9-13 7-15! 12-5-20 8-9-13 7-15! 23-8-25? 23-8-25? 23-8-25 8-9-13!? 23-8-25 8-9-13!?]

Maddie looked like she had no clue what she was saying...

...or that she was speaking in the first place.

But Alice could get the sense she didn’t acknowledge her words.

She looked to be too distressed...
Alice glanced to Maddie long enough to get the gist of what she was trying to convey, mouthing her own message to her silently.

[9 3 1 14 20. 9 4 15 14 20 23 1 14 20 20 15 8 21 18 20 25 15 21 5 9 20 8 5 18.]

She hoped her message got through to Maddie, since she didn't seem to want to put her boyfriend or whatever in anymore danger. She could relate to wanting to protect someone you cared for. She had told Renfred she'd do better as a bodyguard and she still had a ways to go in that department. The blonde then returned her gaze to 'Izana' to keep an eye on him for whatever went down next.

@Sark @Capri @Others
[22 15 19 - 19 21 14 20 - 14 15 14 - 19 15 12 21 13 ]
@Takumi @Yun Lee @Lucky @Space_Candy @Capri @Jeremi @Crunch