Side Story The Goddess II: Fate of the Old Gods

"Then it's settled..." Niles smiled a little. "I get my daughter back, you meet the boss, Yuri goes free. Maybe we'll salvage this mission after all..." Niles reached behind his head and pulled upon the finger of one of the cherubs that had been carved into the heart of the fountain. With a grinding groan, the fountains low began to rotate. The noise was enough to startle some of the celebrants. Niles shooed them away. They didn't need to be told twice. Slowly, the fountain began to descend down a great, secret passage.

"Relax, Alice! You'll get your boyfriend back!" Niles taunted, cupping his hands behind his head. "Just hurry up and get in the fountain! The water's great!"

Nina recoiled as Jester whispered to his. She brought her hands towards her chest and leaned closer towards Alice.
"Creeper..."
"Nina, get away from the strange woman!" Niles demanded. "Just get in the fountain!"

After a few moments of traveling, the walls of the elevator shaft finally parted to reveal a large underground chamber filled with strange technology. Several side tunnels stretched out like arteries from the heart of the room, leading to countless bedrooms and storage closets. The main hall itself seemed to contain and seemingly endless see of server boxes, each glowing with the same crimson light.
View attachment 5959
[Here's where I get off...]

Rei's microphone began to hum and shake. With a final ping it went silent. Cori's blue glow vanished from the mic and returned to the server box sea.

"It's where I get off too," Niles smirked, stepping out of the fountain. "But let's not talk about that..."

"Niles!!" A voice echoed from the base of the great computer screen that loomed at the back of the room. A figure sat upon the chair, observing footage from a series of cameras hidden across Valla. "You're forgetting your manners. If your bungled kidnapping wasn't offensive enough..."

"Look, Boss..."

"No excuses." The Boss replied, gruffly. "After all I gave you, all that intelligence, all those men... and look what you have to show for it..."

"You can't just blame him, Boss!" Nina pleased, pulling against her restraints.

"You're right. You're equally to blame."

"Hey!"

"I've been watching the whole thing. Had you not gotten yourself captured, we could avoided this whole sorry show. I gave you full autonomy with this mission. I told you to bring the Returned to me however you wished... and you chose this... this clumbsy pantomime of a kidnapping. You should be ashamed of yourselves!"

The Boss stepped out of his chair and turned to face the returned. He crossed the room in long, quick strides. He never once removed his cutting green eyes from Niles and Nina.

"We're sorry, Boss..." Niles mumbled. "We screwed up."

"You did." He replied abruptly. "Go fetch Yuri, and pray that your Dragon-God forgives you for your failure.

View attachment 5958
"Once Nina has been release, the two of you will be on wet stone duty."

A smirk slowly stretched across Nina's lips. Niles bowed and vanished down one of the Underground's tunnels.

"I'd apologize for their behavior--" The Boss added, presumably talking to the Returned. He refused to look at them. He returned to his seat at the back of the room and typed a few lines into his computer. Cori's face appeared on the screen. "--But I doubt it would make a difference. They've already brought shame to this organization. I can only hope that I can change your opinion of us."

"Welcome, to the Godless, Brothers and Sisters. Welcome to the Children of Ashes. The War you were fighting 5 years ago was lost. The Secularists were purged. The fortune ones fell in battle. The unfortunate were killed in the Arenas. I have the pleasure of inviting you back into that unwinnable conflict. I trust that you have questions. I'll do my best to answer them. In times like these, I understand that trust can be difficult..."

The Boss kicked his chair around and paced back towards the elevator. His eyes finally met the Returned.

"But I'm asking you to open your minds. You most of all, Alice." A sincere smile danced across the corner of his mouth. It lasted for a second. Not a moment more, not a moment less. After a moments hesitation, he spoke again. "It's been 10 long years... And we've both changed so much. But I'll never forget those eyes. I'll never forget the arms I died in. I'll ever forget the last face I ever saw... It's good to see you again, Alice..."

Eli stifled another smile.
View attachment 5961
"It's... it's good to see you again... Sister..."

@Takumi

As the three riders tore through the undergrowth, most of the ninjas leaped out of their path. Their remaining foes scurried up some nearby trees and continued to pursue the Returned from the treetops.

After a few seconds of riding, a thick gray wave washed over the Returned. A cold, white fog settled over the forest. It was hard to see your hands before you. The woods went silent.

There.

In the distance.

Gunter was hammering his axe against his shield, luring theirs foes towards him. With any luck, you too could follow the sound towards him...

"GHHHHHhhhhhhh...."

The Pale Beast groaned in a strange, forgotten tongue. It remained hidden in the fog. It's bestial cries seemed to gurgle from all angles.

"Iiii wassss tooolllddd tooo llleeettt yyoouuu lliiivveee..." The creature snarled. "III wwaasss toollldd tthhhaattt yooouuu wwweerrreeee imppooorrrtttannnttt.... Sooooo yyyooouuu wwiillll lllliiivveeee... bbuutt yoouuuu wiiiillll noootttt passsss ttthhrrrooougggghhh hhherrreee unnnnhhhaarmmmeddd.... eennnemmmiesss offf Noxxxx....."

@Jeremi @Lucky @Minerva

"He's not my boyfriend." Alice grumbled as she urged Eponine forward into the fountain, giving Niles the same rude gesture she gave Rei.

Once the group met the boss however, Alice blinked for a moment as he teared into both Niles and Nina.

Then he looked at them, and she sucked in a breath and nearly choked.

tumblr_ppllkuj7Cc1tbqin0o7_100.jpg

"No fucking way." She muttered, before letting Nina go and walking over to Eli to look him over. Then she pulled him into a tight hug.

"Holy shit." She muttered, before pulling away. Her eyes narrowed a moment, remembering a time where someone wore the face of a loved one and couldn't help but be almost skeptical for half a second, but it was gone as quickly as it came. This was her Eli no doubt about it.

SMACK!

In an instant her hand shot up to smack Eli in the back of the head. She had a lot of shit to say to him, and couldn't even find the words to say it. Running on adrenaline with no sleep after being drunk a few hours before didn't help either, and she was pretty sure her brain short circuited a second.

b9c22a9644f370c110c843123ba739ed96b249c9.jpg

"Brat how the fuck...you...damn right I have a bunch of questions!" She huffed. She totally didn't have tears in her eyes. Nope, not at all.

"You owe me a drink and a good night's sleep." She spoke with an upward twitch of her lips into a small smile, a flash of amusement in her eyes.

ee7cca64e1c809483ccc59988ecc6de507276f87.jpg

"It's good to see you too, little bro." She added quietly, crossing her arms. It felt weird, being reunited after ten years when the last memory she had was him dying in her arms. That memory haunted her since, and seeing him here now felt unreal. This was a lot to take in. Ten years was a long damn time. She half expected something to go wrong, in all honesty.

@Sark @Everyone

Last edited:
No doubt to the relief of everyone involved, Rei had gotten dressed again once they went underground. This boss...so he was Alice's brother? Didn't exactly look younger than her, but after dealing with Ramuda, looks really could be deceiving. At least his mic was all his own again.

"Five years...damn." He wondered if that meant five years back home, too. Hopefully not, since that meant he'd be missing out on the action. Hadn't even gotten to his first Division Battle yet...and here he'd gone through all the effort to set up Osaka against Ikebukuro! Maybe Gill had some sort of time machine or something? If he was even still kicking, that is.

"Half a decade's a long time, friend. Mind filling me in on the key events?"

@Sark @Takumi @Lucky @Capri

Jester Lavorre

" Oh, wait- I remember you.... you were one of the people at the ball, though you look like five years older. I can't say I remember much more about you though. Also, Alice, you have a good looking brother,"
she replied, making sure to sketch him now before she missed the opportunity to capture him. She hadn't done as much sketching when she had been with Beau.

@Sark @Takumi

Henry Hart/ Survivor Danger

" Why is it everything always wants to leave us in some maimed state?"
He asked, as hid body would glow green and his force field would come up to prevent him from getting hit.

@Sark @Jeremi @Minerva

Jester Lavorre

" Oh, wait- I remember you.... you were one of the people at the ball, though you look like five years older. I can't say I remember much more about you though. Also, Alice, you have a good looking brother,"
she replied, making sure to sketch him now before she missed the opportunity to capture him. She hadn't done as much sketching when she had been with Beau.

@Sark @Takumi

" Why is it everything always wants to leave us in some maimed state?"
He asked, as hid body would glow green and his force field would come up to prevent him from getting hit.

@Sark @Jeremi @Minerva

What the hell was she supposed to say to that?

"Uh, thanks? Let's just leave it at that." She replied, a bit stilted and tired. Deciding not to dwell on that any longer than necessary, she shifted her attention to Eli.

"You've been busy, I'm sure you got enough time to fill us in on the basics, yeah?" She asked him.

JEFF KOVAL
@Sark @Takumi @Lucky @Yun Lee

Jeff was so confused. Alice has a brother? He wonders if Alex is here... somewhere... maybe Vince or Evan...

...or HABIT.

“Do you have a name?”

"This is Eli, he was also part of Champions of the Arena." She introduced him to the rest before glancing at the monitor with Cori's face.

"I think Niles' brat mentioned something about knowing about us? I guess Cori gave them the necessary info?" She asked.

@Sark @Yun Lee @Lucky @Capri

In an instant her hand shot up to smack Eli in the back of the head. She had a lot of shit to say to him, and couldn't even find the words to say it. Running on adrenaline with no sleep after being drunk a few hours before didn't help either, and she was pretty sure her brain short circuited a second.

b9c22a9644f370c110c843123ba739ed96b249c9.jpg

"Brat how the fuck...you...damn right I have a bunch of questions!" She huffed. She totally didn't have tears in her eyes. Nope, not at all.

"You owe me a drink and a good night's sleep." She spoke with an upward twitch of her lips into a small smile, a flash of amusement in her eyes.

ee7cca64e1c809483ccc59988ecc6de507276f87.jpg

"It's good to see you too, little bro." She added quietly, crossing her arms. It felt weird, being reunited after ten years when the last memory she had was him dying in her arms. That memory haunted her since, and seeing him here now felt unreal. This was a lot to take in. Ten years was a long damn time. She half expected something to go wrong, in all honesty.

@Sark @Everyone
Eli let Alice hold him for a moment. He didn't hug her back. Perhaps he didn't know how. He simply stood there, stiff and confused. What we he supposed to do? Pat her pack? Alice's Renfred-Punch was God-Send, all things considered.

"I probably deserved that..." Eli muttered, cradling his skull. "I owe you a lot more than a drink, Alice. I owe you more than I could ever repay. As for how I'm here... It's complicated, to say the least..."
No doubt to the relief of everyone involved, Rei had gotten dressed again once they went underground. This boss...so he was Alice's brother? Didn't exactly look younger than her, but after dealing with Ramuda, looks really could be deceiving. At least his mic was all his own again.

"Five years...damn." He wondered if that meant five years back home, too. Hopefully not, since that meant he'd be missing out on the action. Hadn't even gotten to his first Division Battle yet...and here he'd gone through all the effort to set up Osaka against Ikebukuro! Maybe Gill had some sort of time machine or something? If he was even still kicking, that is.

"Half a decade's a long time, friend. Mind filling me in on the key events?"

"Tragically, the Goddess isn't the God of Record Keeping. The history of the Holy War's early days has long since been lost on a sea of rumors, hearsay and propaganda. Luckily for you," Eli chimed. "You're speaking to someone unfortunate enough to have been present for most of it.

"From what I understand, the Goddess captured you during the first stage of her Inquisition. After purging the Fellowship's Wider Council, the Goddess vanished, for a while. Everything was quiet. We were all expecting Luthor to take control of her little Cult, but he never appeared. He vanished shortly after the Goddess' return. I saw an opportunity to secure so assets for the future, so I took it. I tasked CORI with finding some old friends. We reached out to some old friends who were freed in the Fall of the Nether. We made contact with some former Secularists living life on the run. We started gathering weapons. Objects of power. We secured a few safe houses. Outposts. Places to lie low. We knew that once the Goddess returned, her Dark Crusade would start anew. We wanted to be ready."

"A lot of my early efforts proved fruitless. Veranke is MIA. She vanished in a crowd of Goddessians, never to be seen again. Urien's gone, though I doubt anyone will be missing him. I made contact with Azrael for a spell. He went dark a year later. A couple of anonymous sponsors kept us afloat. But we were't going to stay above the waves forever.

"Then... then Seteth reached out to me. He had gathered an army. An incredible army filled with incredible troops. They worshiped him. They all did. My friends and I sponsored his war with the Fellowship. Without a strong leader, the Goddessians couldn't do much to keep his forces at bay. Eventually, he got greedy. He destroyed one too many idols, and he brought the Wrath of the Goddess down upon him. The Seteth's Secularists were trying to harbor peace between two warring kingdoms in this universe. Hoshido and Nohr. They were on the verge of striking up an Alliance with Kana's father. With a united kingdom backing the revolution, the Fellowship wouldn't stand a chance...

"The Goddess wasn't pleased, to say the least. She made a rare public appearance in Nohr to kill Seteth herself. And... Seteth repelled her. He never told me how. His losses were great. The conflict devastated Hoshido. Kana's birth parents died at the Goddess' hands. But... the Goddess was repelled. For the first time since her resurrection, the Secularists were high on hope.

"So the Goddess cheated. The next day Seteth woke up to find his daughter missing. A letter arrived in her place. Seteth never let anybody read it. But whatever it contain broke him. He never picked up his spear again. He released his dragon. Disbanded his army. He fled into the Astral Plane. A few years later, he appeared in New Valla, a nation built my war-orphans. Izana recognized him and welcomed him into the Kingdom. Before he knew it, he was a member of Kana's court. A safe job. Cushy. Far from the Battlefields he was born to tread.

"My contact in the Castle informed me of Seteth's arrival. I tipped off some mutual friends. The Secularist army flocked to New Valla. Some believed that Seteth would one day remember who he truly was-- who he was meant to be. Some just wanted to serve their old leader however they could. I'd say... about 45% of Valla's standing army are personally loyal to Seteth, at this point. Such a shame he won't mobilize them until we rescue his daughter for him.

"
Where was I? Ah. Yes. Whilst Seteth was pretending to be a politician, I was expanding my spy network. We've been a thorn in her side for some time. Perhaps I'm giving my men too much credit. We're gnats flying around her head. But we keep her distracted. We keep her jumping at her shadow. Every shred of power she wastes trying to hunt us down is a shred she can't use on the rest of Multiverse. In a speech to her followers, she called us 'the Godless'. The name stuck. As long as we keep her busy, so long as our name brings hope to the multiverse's downtrodden, I consider that a win.

"But symbolic victories will only carry us so far. Take Nina, for example. She's got spirit. She's one of the lucky ones. She remembers a world before the Goddess. But her children? Her children's children? They won't be so blessed. It's a race against time, friends. The Goddess wishes to crush our spirits. Keep us subservient. She wishes to rule over a fattened, meaningless world. Before my time comes, I want to see her dream dead. I trust you feel the same way.

"As for the world outside of the Goddess' sphere of influence... The multiverse may be large, but the Goddess controls the truth. Her people have being working around the clock to protect her image. They're working pretty hard to keep us isolated. Alone. To the wider world, we're terrorists, extremists opposing a just and noble leader. Even now, the Goddess' Fellowship is lobbying with the Kanzuki Foundation. She's meeting with Pym in a week. She's on the verge of gaining formal recognition. If the Goddessians gain the Fellowship's support, the Goddess won't need to dirty her hands hunting for us down. We'll lose the support of our allies. We'll lose the benefit of the doubt. We'll miss out on our one shot at changing the culture surrounding the Goddess. The Multiverse will band together to hunt us like dogs.

"That's our current situation, Rei. That's what you've missed. You want the highlight reel? Seteth abandoned the cause. The Goddess has his daughter. We need to expose her or kill her if we want our kids to grow up in a world were they don't have to make a pledge to the Emerald Empire before class. The first step to doing that is bringing the Green Haired Bastard back into the fight. Can you see where I'm going with this?"

"I think Niles' brat mentioned something about knowing about us? I guess Cori gave them the necessary info?" She asked.

@Sark @Yun Lee @Lucky @Capri
[At last, some due credit!] Cori snapped. [If it weren't for me, Odin would have never found you in the Sleeping Death. You'd still be floating in that endless void. The Boss and I chose you all for a reason. You can thank me now, or you can send me a gift basket later. Your choice.]
Jester Lavorre

"I'm going to ignore the latter part of the sentence and say 'it's good to see you, Jester'," Eli sighed. "You may not be the most... gritty soldier I've encountered, but your spirit will do wonders for morale. You were one of the first souls to defy the Goddess. Welcome to back to the War against the Emerald Empress, Chosen. We've missed you."

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Capri @Lucky

"This is Eli, he was also part of Champions of the Arena." She introduced him to the rest before glancing at the monitor with Cori's face.

"Well, it's great to meet you, Eli," Jeff said out of cordiality, somewhat relieved that his hunch about Nina was right.

He paid attention to the lecture by Eli, until Cori said something

[At last, some due credit!] Cori snapped. [If it weren't for me, Odin would have never found you in the Sleeping Death. You'd still be floating in that endless void. The Boss and I chose you all for a reason. You can thank me now, or you can send me a gift basket later. Your choice.]

His attention snapped towards the machine.

"Wait... what reason is that?" Jeff asked, genuinely curious as to how someone like him or Rei would be seen as useful in the Godless's eyes.

@Sark @Yun Lee @Takumi @Lucky

Last edited:

Eli let Alice hold him for a moment. He didn't hug her back. Perhaps he didn't know how. He simply stood there, stiff and confused. What we he supposed to do? Pat her pack? Alice's Renfred-Punch was God-Send, all things considered.

"I probably deserved that..." Eli muttered, cradling his skull. "I owe you a lot more than a drink, Alice. I owe you more than I could ever repay. As for how I'm here... It's complicated, to say the least..."

"Tragically, the Goddess isn't the God of Record Keeping. The history of the Holy War's early days has long since been lost on a sea of rumors, hearsay and propaganda. Luckily for you," Eli chimed. "You're speaking to someone unfortunate enough to have been present for most of it.

"From what I understand, the Goddess captured you during the first stage of her Inquisition. After purging the Fellowship's Wider Council, the Goddess vanished, for a while. Everything was quiet. We were all expecting Luthor to take control of her little Cult, but he never appeared. He vanished shortly after the Goddess' return. I saw an opportunity to secure so assets for the future, so I took it. I tasked CORI with finding some old friends. We reached out to some old friends who were freed in the Fall of the Nether. We made contact with some former Secularists living life on the run. We started gathering weapons. Objects of power. We secured a few safe houses. Outposts. Places to lie low. We knew that once the Goddess returned, her Dark Crusade would start anew. We wanted to be ready."

"A lot of my early efforts proved fruitless. Veranke is MIA. She vanished in a crowd of Goddessians, never to be seen again. Urien's gone, though I doubt anyone will be missing him. I made contact with Azrael for a spell. He went dark a year later. A couple of anonymous sponsors kept us afloat. But we were't going to stay above the waves forever.

"Then... then Seteth reached out to me. He had gathered an army. An incredible army filled with incredible troops. They worshiped him. They all did. My friends and I sponsored his war with the Fellowship. Without a strong leader, the Goddessians couldn't do much to keep his forces at bay. Eventually, he got greedy. He destroyed one too many idols, and he brought the Wrath of the Goddess down upon him. The Seteth's Secularists were trying to harbor peace between two warring kingdoms in this universe. Hoshido and Nohr. They were on the verge of striking up an Alliance with Kana's father. With a united kingdom backing the revolution, the Fellowship wouldn't stand a chance...

"The Goddess wasn't pleased, to say the least. She made a rare public appearance in Nohr to kill Seteth herself. And... Seteth repelled her. He never told me how. His losses were great. The conflict devastated Hoshido. Kana's birth parents died at the Goddess' hands. But... the Goddess was repelled. For the first time since her resurrection, the Secularists were high on hope.

"So the Goddess cheated. The next day Seteth woke up to find his daughter missing. A letter arrived in her place. Seteth never let anybody read it. But whatever it contain broke him. He never picked up his spear again. He released his dragon. Disbanded his army. He fled into the Astral Plane. A few years later, he appeared in New Valla, a nation built my war-orphans. Izana recognized him and welcomed him into the Kingdom. Before he knew it, he was a member of Kana's court. A safe job. Cushy. Far from the Battlefields he was born to tread.

"My contact in the Castle informed me of Seteth's arrival. I tipped off some mutual friends. The Secularist army flocked to New Valla. Some believed that Seteth would one day remember who he truly was-- who he was meant to be. Some just wanted to serve their old leader however they could. I'd say... about 45% of Valla's standing army are personally loyal to Seteth, at this point. Such a shame he won't mobilize them until we rescue his daughter for him.

"
Where was I? Ah. Yes. Whilst Seteth was pretending to be a politician, I was expanding my spy network. We've been a thorn in her side for some time. Perhaps I'm giving my men too much credit. We're gnats flying around her head. But we keep her distracted. We keep her jumping at her shadow. Every shred of power she wastes trying to hunt us down is a shred she can't use on the rest of Multiverse. In a speech to her followers, she called us 'the Godless'. The name stuck. As long as we keep her busy, so long as our name brings hope to the multiverse's downtrodden, I consider that a win.

"But symbolic victories will only carry us so far. Take Nina, for example. She's got spirit. She's one of the lucky ones. She remembers a world before the Goddess. But her children? Her children's children? They won't be so blessed. It's a race against time, friends. The Goddess wishes to crush our spirits. Keep us subservient. She wishes to rule over a fattened, meaningless world. Before my time comes, I want to see her dream dead. I trust you feel the same way.

"As for the world outside of the Goddess' sphere of influence... The multiverse may be large, but the Goddess controls the truth. Her people have being working around the clock to protect her image. They're working pretty hard to keep us isolated. Alone. To the wider world, we're terrorists, extremists opposing a just and noble leader. Even now, the Goddess' Fellowship is lobbying with the Kanzuki Foundation. She's meeting with Pym in a week. She's on the verge of gaining formal recognition. If the Goddessians gain the Fellowship's support, the Goddess won't need to dirty her hands hunting for us down. We'll lose the support of our allies. We'll lose the benefit of the doubt. We'll miss out on our one shot at changing the culture surrounding the Goddess. The Multiverse will band together to hunt us like dogs.

"That's our current situation, Rei. That's what you've missed. You want the highlight reel? Seteth abandoned the cause. The Goddess has his daughter. We need to expose her or kill her if we want our kids to grow up in a world were they don't have to make a pledge to the Emerald Empire before class. The first step to doing that is bringing the Green Haired Bastard back into the fight. Can you see where I'm going with this?"

"I'm going to ignore the latter part of the sentence and say 'it's good to see you, Jester'," Eli sighed. "You may not be the most... gritty soldier I've encountered, but your spirit will do wonders for morale. You were one of the first souls to defy the Goddess. Welcome to back to the War against the Emerald Empress, Chosen. We've missed you."

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Capri @Lucky

She wasn't too surprised that he didn't hug her back, that was fine though since he got the over due beat down in the end. A light one, sure, but it is as the principal of the matter.

Damn right he owed her a drink plus some. She could only go off of her familiar with any semblance of sibling interaction, but at least now she had Eli back for that. As long as they were sticking together this time.

Listening to Eli bring up what happened the last five years she crossed her arms.

"Getting him to join us is likely going to be easier said than done, got anything on where his daughter's possibly being held?" She asked after a moment of thought. Even if the Goddess thought to put the girl somewhere no one would think to look, she likely has someone else watching her for her while she's trying to hunt down the Godless, right?

From what she could guess from this information alone, Seteth cared a great deal for his kid, which is something she's not used to. Also, what was this about a fucking dragon?

As Cori spoke, Alice rolled her eyes. She likely wouldn't tell Cori thanks for a long time, if ever.

"You want a pat on the head and a glittery star sticker to show off to all the other boys and girls?" Alice teased Cori in response instead.

@Sark @Capri @Lucky @Yun Lee

"So...we bring back Seteth's little girl, and we take the Goddess down with a united front?" Rei nodded. "Sounds like a plan. Any idea where the kid is?" He kept a neutral expression, keeping his sunglasses on. He didn't want his eyes to betray any emotion that may be riled up from this little story.

"Well, it's great to meet you, Eli," Jeff said out of cordiality, somewhat relieved that his hunch about Nina was right.

He paid attention to the lecture by Eli, until Cori said something

His attention snapped towards the machine.

"Wait... what reason is that?" Jeff asked, genuinely curious as to how someone like him or Rei would be seen as useful in the Godless's eyes.

@Sark @Yun Lee @Takumi @Lucky
[Can’t tell you. Sorry!] Cori chirped. [The Goddess is an incredibly powerful being. If she were to capture you, she’d find a way to break you in a matter of minutes. We can’t risk the Empire finding out about your role in the Grand Plan. Not until we’re ready. Until then, take comfort in the fact that you have a higher purpose. Cori has plans for you!]

“What’s she’s trying to say is that we run things on a need-to-know basis here.” Eli interjected. “For security’s sake. A spark of paranoia never hurt anyone.”
"So...we bring back Seteth's little girl, and we take the Goddess down with a united front?" Rei nodded. "Sounds like a plan. Any idea where the kid is?" He kept a neutral expression, keeping his sunglasses on. He didn't want his eyes to betray any emotion that may be riled up from this little story.

She wasn't too surprised that he didn't hug her back, that was fine though since he got the over due beat down in the end. A light one, sure, but it is as the principal of the matter.

Damn right he owed her a drink plus some. She could only go off of her familiar with any semblance of sibling interaction, but at least now she had Eli back for that. As long as they were sticking together this time.

Listening to Eli bring up what happened the last five years she crossed her arms.

"Getting him to join us is likely going to be easier said than done, got anything on where his daughter's possibly being held?" She asked after a moment of thought. Even if the Goddess thought to put the girl somewhere no one would think to look, she likely has someone else watching her for her while she's trying to hunt down the Godless, right?

From what she could guess from this information alone, Seteth cared a great deal for his kid, which is something she's not used to. Also, what was this about a fucking dragon?

As Cori spoke, Alice rolled her eyes. She likely wouldn't tell Cori thanks for a long time, if ever.

"You want a pat on the head and a glittery star sticker to show off to all the other boys and girls?" Alice teased Cori in response instead.

@Sark @Capri @Lucky @Yun Lee
“We have an idea.” Eli replied, stroking his stubbled chin. “You’re familiar with the place, Rei. Or, more accurately, you knew what it once was.“

The warm glow that Alice had ignited in Eli’s eyes started to fade. His state grew colder. His face looked that little bit more tired. He breathed for slowly and continued to speak.

“Before you agree to join us, I need you to understand this much. If we are to win this war, we must venture into the belly of the beast. We will face unimaginable foes and navigate unnavigable water. In the name of liberty, we must dirty our hands. If we want to rescue Flayn, we must be will to travel to the Deus Imperium, the Capital of the Brave New World. Champions. Chosen. Returned. Are you willing to return to the Temple of the Fellowship of the Faiths?”

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Jeremi @Capri @Lucky @Minerva

[Can’t tell you. Sorry!] Cori chirped. [The Goddess is an incredibly powerful being. If she were to capture you, she’d find a way to break you in a matter of minutes. We can’t risk the Empire finding out about your role in the Grand Plan. Not until we’re ready. Until then, take comfort in the fact that you have a higher purpose. Cori has plans for you!]

“What’s she’s trying to say is that we run things on a need-to-know basis here.” Eli interjected. “For security’s sake. A spark of paranoia never hurt anyone.”

“We have an idea.” Eli replied, stroking his stubbled chin. “You’re familiar with the place, Rei. Or, more accurately, you knew what it once was.“

The warm glow that Alice had ignited in Eli’s eyes started to fade. His state grew colder. His face looked that little bit more tired. He breathed for slowly and continued to speak.

“Before you agree to join us, I need you to understand this much. If we are to win this war, we must venture into the belly of the beast. We will face unimaginable foes and navigate unnavigable water. In the name of liberty, we must dirty our hands. If we want to rescue Flayn, we must be will to travel to the Deus Imperium, the Capital of the Brave New World. Champions. Chosen. Returned. Are you willing to return to the Temple of the Fellowship of the Faiths?”

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Jeremi @Capri @Lucky @Minerva

"Eli, I've already dirtied my hands, if I have to dirty them a little more to make things right? I'll do what I need to. I'm already ankle deep, might as well wade a little deeper." Alice replied, serious in tone and sharp in her gaze. She had never fully gotten over Scott's death, but she came to accept it and her involvement in it.

She knew that if one of her own was taken by the Goddess? She'd want them back, one way or another. She just hoped she could help get Flayn back to her father.

@Sark @Yun Lee @Lucky @Capri @Minerva

"Aye!" Valkyrie shouted into the air. "I will extend you the same courtesy! If you do not release us and our comrade!" As she said this she made her way closer to where the sounds from Gunter were emitting. "Thine allies and yourself think mightly highly of your position against common mortals! But I am a Valkyrie and your threats ring hollow!"

She drew both her sword and spear and braced herself. "Now desist with this trickery and show thyself! Lest you are frightened of what will happen to you?"
"I think it's a given that we need to be cautious. Last thing we want to do is attract the beast." He would hold his laser in his hand and watch to see what the monster was doing

" Why is it everything always wants to leave us in some maimed state?" He asked, as hid body would glow green and his force field would come up to prevent him from getting hit.
Gunter's body struck the dirt before the two riders. A stream of blood poured from a wound upon his forehead. He reached up towards Henry and Valkyrie.

"We need to leave..." He croaked. "We need to warn--"

A great, two-toed foot came crunching down upon Gunter's back. The Devourer revealed himself. A seven foot mountain of muscle and meat, Khem Val's colossal figure cast a shadow over both riders.
View attachment 6223
"Yesss.... lettss dooo awaayy with trickkkss..." The Shadow Killer hissed. "Rrrevveaaalll yoouurrr truueee sellvvveesss deeemoonnss..."

In a flash, the beast was upon the riders. With his arms stretched wide, he knocked both Valkyrie and Henry from their horses with a duble clothesline strike. The force behind the blow was enough wind even an Asgardian. Henry's shield might have protected him from the pain of an unexpected meeting with Khem's fist, but the staggering strike was enough to send him and his shield rolling across the undergrowth. Another strike sent the pair's horses running wildly into the fog.

"Cooommmeee..... nnnoooo neeedddd tooo hhiiddeee whhaattt yooouu arreee.... I cannn speeelll thhheee Ggggoodddeeesss onnn youuu alll...." He pointed a clawed finger towards Henry. "OOnnnn youuu moossttt of allll.... youuu.... annnddd the oottthhheerrr onnnneee..."

"We..." Gunter snarled. "We should've never trusted him! Run! Now! Into the city! You need to warn them!"

"I shaallll brreaaakkk yooouu ffiirrssttt...." The creature snorted and scoffed. "Annddd thennn.... annnddd theeennn I willl hunnntt himmm... Yes.. the fleshhhh offfff theee reppaaiiirreeddd onnne.... will taste sweet!!!! Yess... tthee Godddessss finnnaalll ppeetttt willl bbeee miinneee..."

"IIIzzaannnaaaa!!"

"Eli, I've already dirtied my hands, if I have to dirty them a little more to make things right? I'll do what I need to. I'm already ankle deep, might as well wade a little deeper." Alice replied, serious in tone and sharp in her gaze. She had never fully gotten over Scott's death, but she came to accept it and her involvement in it.

She knew that if one of her own was taken by the Goddess? She'd want them back, one way or another. She just hoped she could help get Flayn back to her father.

@Sark @Yun Lee @Lucky @Capri @Minerva
"I never doubted you, Sister." Eli smiled, his hostile shell slipping away. "Not even for a minute. You were always as strong as me. Perhaps, even stronger..."
View attachment 6224
"I must admit, your story has amused me..." Izana smiled. "It has truly tugged at my heart strings... But perhaps it would be easier if you showed us what's been going on in the multiverse."

Eli froze for a moment, taken back by the mage's request.
"Fine." He turned back to his computer. "Cori? Prepare to transport us to the Capital. Put us down in the outskirts. We don't want to make a scene. Not yet, anyway."

[Right away, Boss. Might I remind everyone to keep their arms and legs inside the ride at all times?]

"Let's keep the wit in line, Cori," Eli groaned. Shimmering, golden discs began to glow at the Returned's feet. "You've got transportation calculations to be working on."

[Fine fine fine... I'll get us moving... but remember; the things you're about to see? They can't be unseen. You might make a few bad memories tonight...]

"Don't worry, Cori. I've seen such things before..." Izana added. His voice carried an uncharacteristic emptiness. "And bad memories are all I have left..."

In a flash of gold, the Godless vanished from Valla. As they did so, they couldn't shake the feeling that somewhere, out in the wider multiverse...
The Goddess was laughing...
BLACKEST NIGHT will continue in EPISODE VII: WHERE THE BURNED BOOKS GO
@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Takumi @Capri @Lucky @Minerva

Fate of the Old Gods
CHAOS WAR
EPISODE VI

GODS OF THE ARENA
You wake up.
Your eyelids are heavy. Your cheeks are numb.
You wish to scream, but every word you cry simply crackles away into silence.
You gasp for air, your skin burning under the heat of the magma bellow.
You want to survey your surroundings, but your neck is bound.
All you can see is an endless sky.
Truly, you are a captive audience.

"Rise."

A voice tears through the silence, echoing like a a thunder crack.The woman's voice is shrill, like listening to nails grind along a chalk board. It filled the clearing, its source undetectable.

"You can't kill each other from down there..."

With a rumble and a bubble, the heat along your backs seemed to dissipate. A cool wind caressed your skin. It was as if the lava that had once warmed your skin had been parted, allowing the cool morning air to rush into its vacant lot. A chilling bite replaced the burning sting. Now, the only warmth in the air came from the distant setting sun that loomed in the corner of your eye.

"You're probably wondering where you are. You're probably wondering why you're here. The answer's simple. You defied the Goddess. You've been cast out of the heavens. And now?"

You're eyes adjusted to the change in light. A figure loomed before you, her hands joined behind her back. She scoffed at your suffering.
View attachment 6225
"Now, you're mine," Major Bison smirked. "Mine to play with. Mine to torment. Mine to torture. You'll suffer here, just as this body suffered. You'll bleed, just as this body bled."

She waved her hand. A wave of purple fire washed over you. A moment later, you were laying on your backs, writhing on a bed of cold sand.

"You'll be split into 8 teams. It's better that way. It'll be just like it was before. Just like it was then. But we wont waste time. You'll have 12 hours in which to earn my favor. Fight each other. Kill each other. The 10 souls that prove their worth to me shall be spared. You'll be scouted. Elevated. You'll be welcomed into our fold. And the rest?"

She tightened her fist.

"Those who fail to catch my eye will endure a fate worse than death. Welcome to UnderWorld, Old Gods. Welcome to the rest of your lives. Welcome to the end of your lives."

Bison removed a sword from her belt. It was Poseidon's Sword. Shazam's sword. If the Old Gods wanted their secret weapon back, they'd have to play Bison's game. With flick of her wrist, she cut a hole in reality. Somebody knew how to use the sword.

"You have 2 minutes to get accustomed to the situation... Then... then you can go kill something. I'll be watching..."

She stepped through the crackling tear and vanished from sight. The doorway closed behind her.

CHAMPIONS OF THE ARENA III: BIZZAROVERSE
View attachment 6226
Number of Survivors: 32 Number of Dead: 98,200 Hours until Extinction: 12 Time: 6:21pm
A Special Anniversary Event

GREEN TEAM
"Gahh! Hyah!" Atreus gasped for air. He pushed himself up on the floor and reached for his bow. The kid was in a frantic, worked up state. He quickly threaded an arrow through his bow and stumbled back across the sand.
View attachment 6227
"Stay back!" He snapped in confusion, pointing his weapon at his own team. "Stay back!"

RED TEAM
The Silent One stayed silent. He stared at Gill with murder dancing in his tired, war ravaged eyes. He couldn't contain his hate. Perhaps the men had met before. Or perhaps they were destined to meet at some point in the future.
View attachment 6228
"... ... ..."
It was almost as if... he was counting down from one hundred and twenty.

You felt something in your pocket. If you didn't have pockets, you'd find it screwed upside your hand. You crumpled the scrap of paper and red the eloquently written message.

Everyone's message was unique, but they all started off with the same few words.

"You're an actor in a play. If you want to get out of here, do as I say."
"Sincerely,"
"A friend."

TEAM LIST-
GREEN TEAM-

Shazam
Neverarine
Atlantiades
Atreus

ORANGE TEAM-
Damian Wayne/Nightwing
James Frost/ Diamond Patch
Barbara Minerva/ Cheetah
Belmod

RED TEAM-
HABIT
The Silent One
Mila
Gill

PURPLE TEAM
D'Vorah
Booster Gold
Cammy White
Kaine Parker

CHARTREUSE TEAM-
Bizzaro
Decapre
Illyana Rasputina

Dick Grayson
BLUE TEAM-
Dru-Zod
Eobard Thawne
Cain Marko/ Juggernaut
Jon Kent

BLACK TEAM-
Black Adam
Rocket Racoon
Sagat
Nathan Summers/ Cable
YELLOW TEAM-
Zero
Strider Hiryu
Crimson Viper
Hank McCoy/Beast

CHAOS WAR Bizzaroverse CAST LIST
@Capri as HABIT (EverymanHYBRID)
I doubt you'll listen to my directions. But I have your best interests in mind.
Avoid travelling alone. Corruption awaits those who walk alone.
@Jeremi as Atlantiades (DC Comics)
You're playing the role of a woman you'll one day meet. Keep the boy safe. Once the Neverarine's mission is complete, head to the wetlands.
Stay away from fire.
@Lucky as Billy Batson/Shazam (DCEU)
Ally yourself with the Black Team. Stick with your allies. You know this land well.
Head to the final resting place. An opportunity is buried there.
@Minerva as Karinith Elsinorin, the the Neverarine (ELDER SCROLLS)
Keep your friends close. Avoid the sea. Once Shazam's mission is complete, lead your team into the Drylands.
Destiny awaits you there.
@Takumi as Mila (Fire Emblem)
Keep your allies sane. A shattered psyche is a weapon like no other.
Watch out for Storms. Keep your eyes on the skies.
@Yun Lee as Gill (Street Figher)
Watch out for smoke. When the time comes, head into the jungle.
Keep your guard up around the Blue team.
Map of Underworld:

Last edited:
HABIT
@Sark @Yun Lee @Takumi
@Red Team

HABIT laughed, he laughed and laughed.

The demon stood and faced his team.

“Well, I’m certain that there’s a penalty for killing people on the same team, so, hello! My name is HABIT, I have killed people, tortured people and I have done other ungodly things, and uh... that’s pretty much it! Let’s have some fun out there, huh?”

GREEN TEAM
"Gahh! Hyah!" Atreus gasped for air. He pushed himself up on the floor and reached for his bow. The kid was in a frantic, worked up state. He quickly threaded an arrow through his bow and stumbled back across the sand.
1589821596903.png

"Stay back!" He snapped in confusion, pointing his weapon at his own team. "Stay back!"

Karinith put her hand on her sword. She looked up to the sky. "Auri-el and Magnus guide me." She said in a small prayer from her lips.

"We do not wish to hurt you, child." Karinith said, stepping forward and getting on her knees. "In fact, it is prudent that we all stick together for the time being."

@Sark @Jeremi @Lucky

Fate of the Old Gods
CHAOS WAR
EPISODE VI

GODS OF THE ARENA
You wake up.

"Rise."

A voice tears through the silence, echoing like a a thunder crack.The woman's voice is shrill, like listening to nails grind along a chalk board. It filled the clearing, its source undetectable.

With a rumble and a bubble, the heat along your backs seemed to dissipate. A cool wind caressed your skin. It was as if the lava that had once warmed your skin had been parted, allowing the cool morning air to rush into its vacant lot. A chilling bite replaced the burning sting. Now, the only warmth in the air came from the distant setting sun that loomed in the corner of your eye.

"You're probably wondering where you are. You're probably wondering why you're here. The answer's simple. You defied the Goddess. You've been cast out of the heavens. And now?"

You're eyes adjusted to the change in light. A figure loomed before you, her hands joined behind her back. She scoffed at your suffering.
View attachment 6225
"Now, you're mine," Major Bison smirked. "Mine to play with. Mine to torment. Mine to torture. You'll suffer here, just as this body suffered. You'll bleed, just as this body bled."

She waved her hand. A wave of purple fire washed over you. A moment later, you were laying on your backs, writhing on a bed of cold sand.

"You'll be split into 8 teams. It's better that way. It'll be just like it was before. Just like it was then. But we wont waste time. You'll have 12 hours in which to earn my favor. Fight each other. Kill each other. The 10 souls that prove their worth to me shall be spared. You'll be scouted. Elevated. You'll be welcomed into our fold. And the rest?"

She tightened her fist.

"Those who fail to catch my eye will endure a fate worse than death. Welcome to UnderWorld, Old Gods. Welcome to the rest of your lives. Welcome to the end of your lives."

Bison removed a sword from her belt. It was Poseidon's Sword. Shazam's sword. If the Old Gods wanted their secret weapon back, they'd have to play Bison's game. With flick of her wrist, she cut a hole in reality. Somebody knew how to use the sword.

"You have 2 minutes to get accustomed to the situation... Then... then you can go kill something. I'll be watching..."

She stepped through the crackling tear and vanished from sight. The doorway closed behind her.

View attachment 6226
Number of Survivors: 32 Number of Dead: 982,000 Hours until Extinction: 12 Time: 6:21pm

GREEN TEAM
View attachment 6227

RED TEAM
The Silent One stayed silent. He stared at Gill with murder dancing in his tired, war ravaged eyes. He couldn't contain his hate. Perhaps the men had met before. Or perhaps they were destined to meet at some point in the future.
View attachment 6228
"... ... ..."

You felt something in your pocket. If you didn't have pockets, you'd find it screwed upside your hand. You crumpled the scrap of paper and red the eloquently written message.

Everyone's message was unique, but they all started off with the same few words.

"Sincerely,"
"A friend."

TEAM LIST-
GREEN TEAM-

Shazam
Neverarine
Atlantiades
Atreus

ORANGE TEAM-
Damian Wayne/Nightwing
Barbara Minerva/ Cheetah
Belmod

RED TEAM-
HABIT
The Silent One
Mila
Gill

PURPLE TEAM
D'Vorah
Booster Gold
Cammy White
Kaine Parker

CHARTREUSE TEAM-
Bizzaro
Decapre
Illyana Rasputina

Dick Grayson
BLUE TEAM-
Dru-Zod
Eobard Throne
Cain Marko/ Juggernaut
Jon Kent

BLACK TEAM-
Black Adam
Rocket Racoon
Sagat
Nathan Summers/ Cable
YELLOW TEAM-
Zero
Strider Hiryu
Crimson Viper
Hank McCoy/Beast

You're playing the role of a woman you'll one day meet. Keep the boy safe. Once the Neverarine's mission is complete, head to the wetlands.
Stay away from fire.
Ally yourself with the Black Team. Stick with your allies. You know this land well.
Keep your friends close. Avoid the sea. Once Shazam's mission is complete, lead your team into the Drylands.
Map of Underworld:

Karinith put her hand on her sword. She looked up to the sky. "Auri-el and Magnus guide me." She said in a small prayer from her lips.

"We do not wish to hurt you, child." Karinith said, stepping forward and getting on her knees. "In fact, it is prudent that we all stick together for the time being."

@Sark @Jeremi @Lucky

"No," Atlantiades replied.

CVw0mIy.png

"Unlike the bitch, some call the Goddess. There are still Gods with some tact." They then looked to the rest of the gathered group. "I hope we're in agreement that we aren't giving that shrill woman anything she wants? Agreed? Agreed. So!" They looked around and sighed. "What are we going to do next?"

@Sark @Lucky

Billy Batson/ Shazam

It didn't take more than five seconds for Billy to realize where they were. It had taken him a moment to process these things, but he had a feeling he knew what the woman they planned to entertain was. " She died here, I know this place better than most and we don't plan on hurting you kid. I know where she wants me to go...… but it's a long story. We'll need to walk and talk because there are some things that you all still don't know about me."

@Sark @Minerva @Jeremi

Last edited:
Fate of the Old Gods
CHAOS WAR
EPISODE VI

GODS OF THE ARENA
You wake up.

"Rise."

View attachment 6225

She tightened her fist.

View attachment 6226
Number of Survivors: 32 Number of Dead: 982,000 Hours until Extinction: 12 Time: 6:21pm

GREEN TEAM
View attachment 6227

RED TEAM
View attachment 6228
"... ... ..."

"Sincerely,"
"A friend."

TEAM LIST-
GREEN TEAM-

Shazam
Neverarine
Atlantiades
Atreus

ORANGE TEAM-
Damian Wayne/Nightwing
Barbara Minerva/ Cheetah
Belmod

RED TEAM-
HABIT
The Silent One
Mila
Gill

PURPLE TEAM
D'Vorah
Booster Gold
Cammy White
Kaine Parker

CHARTREUSE TEAM-
Bizzaro
Decapre
Illyana Rasputina

Dick Grayson
BLUE TEAM-
Dru-Zod
Eobard Throne
Cain Marko/ Juggernaut
Jon Kent

BLACK TEAM-
Black Adam
Rocket Racoon
Sagat
Nathan Summers/ Cable
YELLOW TEAM-
Zero
Strider Hiryu
Crimson Viper
Hank McCoy/Beast

Stay away from fire.
Map of Underworld:

ec44c1e2396a77b681aa6d33771a6482a7dc921f.jpg

"I dunno about being stronger, but we'll see." Alice muttered as she shrugged and scratched at the back of her head. She felt a swell of pride in the fact that he thought so highly of her at least.

When Izana spoke, her brows furrowed and a frown graced her features, resisting the urge to say something to him about it.

@Sark

---​

Mila hissed in irritation, tongue flicking out of her mouth for a moment. There wasn't much to be done about that Bison now. She had the damn sword.

c132a423f8cf964bd067d747a43eabbc229d62aa.jpg

Mila blinked down at the message. What did they mean about being an actor in a play? Hm, watch out for storms, keep her eyes to the sky and...keep her allies sane? She only knew two of the others on her 'team' relatively well and one of them was...

ff42a2e3cef2c0ee4744c73177239280ec212a2c.jpg

"..."

HABIT.

He might be a problem to 'keep sane' unless someone else on their 'team' was going to lose it. She wasn't impressed by the situation they found themselves in currently.

HABIT
@Sark @Yun Lee @Takumi
@Red Team

“Well, I’m certain that there’s a penalty for killing people on the same team, so, hello! My name is HABIT, I have killed people, tortured people and I have done other ungodly things, and uh... that’s pretty much it! Let’s have some fun out there, huh?”

A low rumbling grumble emitted from deep in her chest, but she glanced to their remaining Team as her tail flicked behind her a moment.

"I am Mila, Goddess of Harvest. Earth Goddess, whichever title matters little to me, since I have many." She hummed, before eyeing the Silent One with a tilt of her head. Did he have a problem with Gill? She wondered why that was.

@Sark @Capri @Yun Lee

Bison...in the body of Jianyu's sister, no less. It was a blessing that he didn't go for the younger, Gill noted, as he watched Bison use the sword. If he was that powerful in a vessel that lacked Psycho Power...it only reaffirmed that Gill needed to find that girl at all costs.

But that had to wait. He read his message, before clenching his fist around it and burning it to cinders. Beware the blue team. Watch for smoke. Venture to the jungle when the time is right. Easy enough. He was going to be one of the ten survivors, because he wouldn't waste his time on foolish squabbling. This game would not end how Bison hoped it would.

It was about this time when he noticed the stranger on their side. No...not a stranger. A stranger doesn't look at you like that. Those eyes were not the eyes of a stranger. Gill knew full well who this man was. It was best to get pretenses out of the way now, before he decided to go off and lose more than what he had. "I am Gill," he said, crossing his arms as he looked at his team. "Emperor of the Society, Messiah of mankind." He then looked to the stranger. "I suppose you are unable to introduce yourself, so I shall do so for you."

View attachment 6230

"This is the President of my Society. Former High Councillor of the Fellowship of Faiths. This is Urien, my brother."

@Sark @Capri @Takumi

HABIT
@Sark @Yun Lee @Takumi
@Red Team

ec44c1e2396a77b681aa6d33771a6482a7dc921f.jpg

"I dunno about being stronger, but we'll see." Alice muttered as she shrugged and scratched at the back of her head. She felt a swell of pride in the fact that he thought so highly of her at least.

When Izana spoke, her brows furrowed and a frown graced her features, resisting the urge to say something to him about it.

@Sark

---

Mila hissed in irritation, tongue flicking out of her mouth for a moment. There wasn't much to be done about that Bison now. She had the damn sword.

c132a423f8cf964bd067d747a43eabbc229d62aa.jpg

Mila blinked down at the message. What did they mean about being an actor in a play? Hm, watch out for storms, keep her eyes to the sky and...keep her allies sane? She only knew two of the others on her 'team' relatively well and one of them was...

ff42a2e3cef2c0ee4744c73177239280ec212a2c.jpg

"..."

HABIT.

He might be a problem to 'keep sane' unless someone else on their 'team' was going to lose it. She wasn't impressed by the situation they found themselves in currently.

A low rumbling grumble emitted from deep in her chest, but she glanced to their remaining Team as her tail flicked behind her a moment.

"I am Mila, Goddess of Harvest. Earth Goddess, whichever title matters little to me, since I have many." She hummed, before eyeing the Silent One with a tilt of her head. Did he have a problem with Gill? She wondered why that was.

@Sark @Capri @Yun Lee
Bison...in the body of Jianyu's sister, no less. It was a blessing that he didn't go for the younger, Gill noted, as he watched Bison use the sword. If he was that powerful in a vessel that lacked Psycho Power...it only reaffirmed that Gill needed to find that girl at all costs.

But that had to wait. He read his message, before clenching his fist around it and burning it to cinders. Beware the blue team. Watch for smoke. Venture to the jungle when the time is right. Easy enough. He was going to be one of the ten survivors, because he wouldn't waste his time on foolish squabbling. This game would not end how Bison hoped it would.

It was about this time when he noticed the stranger on their side. No...not a stranger. A stranger doesn't look at you like that. Those eyes were not the eyes of a stranger. Gill knew full well who this man was. It was best to get pretenses out of the way now, before he decided to go off and lose more than what he had. "I am Gill," he said, crossing his arms as he looked at his team. "Emperor of the Society, Messiah of mankind." He then looked to the stranger. "I suppose you are unable to introduce yourself, so I shall do so for you."

"This is the President of my Society. Former High Councillor of the Fellowship of Faiths. This is Urien, my brother."
Years. A voice rumbled from the darkest corners of Gill's mind. A sinister voice. A grumbling voice. Urien's voice. I've been suffering on this rock for years. And now you show your face! Behold! The Savior of Man! He who left his brother to languish whilst he played 'God'! Some Emperor your turned out to be, you perfidious bastard! You are no brother of mine. I will enjoy watching you suffer here. I'll revel in it.

The former High Councillor lowered his scarf, revealing his scarred, still slips.

The agony you have forced upon me shall be re-payed 10 fold. Your toll is paid in blood--

"Easy now, darling," Diamond Patch hummed, removing his finger from his temple.
View attachment 6277
"You and I both know what happened to the last bugger who tried to kill his own teammates. Let's not forget the lessons of old, aye?"

Urien turned his glare towards Frost, no doubt cutting him with a psychic curse. With a sigh, James severed the psychic connection between the three men.

"Sibling rivalries. What can you do?" He grumbled. "Way I see it, I've still got 90 seconds to state my case before you try to blast be with your laser eyes, or whatever you guys have in the way of powers. I might be on the Orange Team, but I'm the only bloke here who can let your know what your brother's thinking. If anyone can stop him from taking the two of you out in a blaze o' glory, it's me. You let me in on whatever it is you First Rounds are inevitably planning and I'll keep a channel open for you two to shake chins. How does that sound?"

HABIT
@Sark @Yun Lee @Takumi
@Red Team

View attachment 6278
"Your head explodes." Viper hummed matter-of-factly as she approached the Red Team. "That's what happens if you kill your own team mates. It's not pretty, trust me. My first day ended with a blood bath. 2 of my team-mates got head-sploded. Still. You get over it. There's your nugget of wisdom for the day; don't punch your friends."

@Capri @Yun Lee @Takumi
Billy Batson/ Shazam

It didn't take more than five seconds for Billy to realize where they were. It had taken him a moment to process these things, but he had a feeling he knew what the woman they planned to entertain was. " She died here, I know this place better than most and we don't plan on hurting you kid. I know where she wants me to go...… but it's a long story. We'll need to walk and talk because there are some things that you all still don't know about me."

@Sark @Minerva @Jeremi
"You wont have chance to talk!" Adam snarled at Billy from across the clearing. "You have the Wisdom of Solomon rattling around that thick skull of yours... and yet you still don't know when to keep your mouth shut."
View attachment 6279
"If you know the lay of this land, child, you'll share this knowledge with the rest of us... in the spirit of friendly competition..." He hissed. "Or perhaps my new friends and I will simply have to force it out of you..."
"No," Atlantiades replied.

CVw0mIy.png

"Unlike the bitch, some call the Goddess. There are still Gods with some tact." They then looked to the rest of the gathered group. "I hope we're in agreement that we aren't giving that shrill woman anything she wants? Agreed? Agreed. So!" They looked around and sighed. "What are we going to do next?"

@Sark @Lucky

@Sark @Jeremi @Lucky
"The Goddess?" Atreus spat, turning his weapon towards Atlantiades. "Which Goddess? Which Goddess are you working for?!" His body was tense and stiff. He only started to loosen up after Karinith lowered herself down to his level. He slowly lowered his bow. He took a small step away from his team, but his guard was a little lower than it had once been. He was a little more at easy. "Okay... Okay I don't want to hurt anybody either... I just... one moment I was with my father... were hunting and I..." His wrist drifted towards his face. His rubbed his eyes and sighed. "It's hard to remember. I'm sorry..."

@Jeremi @Minerva @Lucky
Across the Mutliverse...
The Goddess swung her great hammer. The weighted head of her great weapon sent her remaining foes flying across the ruins of Atlantis. Following her strike through, the now giant Goddess let her hammer's momentum turn her around on the spot. Facing her foes once again, she sent her hammer crashing down upon the waves as if they were an anvil. Emerald Sparks danced across the foam. The Goddess had stopped playing with her food. It was time to clear house.

"Damn... Damn it..." Gohan growled, shifting a stone sheet from his chest. He laid there for a moment, lying in the dirt and dust of a crumbled tower. "An army of Gods... and we can barely wound her... Even now I can sense her power growing... it overflowing. Like an endless spring..." He coughed up a black cloud of soot. "We can't beat her like this... not in a straight fight. Even with fusion, even with both my arms, even if dad was still here... we still wouldn't stand a chance... we need some dirty trick. We need to cheat!"

"We're Gods..." Zamasu spat. "We shouldn't need to cheat. We should be better than this! We are divine!"

"Just... be quiet... for a moment... please..."
Gohan groaned, rubbing his temples. "The Refugees are safe. We don't need to stick around here. We can go, we can lick our wounds... we can form a plan and--"

"With Poseidon dead and his Champion gone were stuck!" The Kai snapped. "Do you think I haven't tried falling back? I am Holy, Saiyan. Instant transmission is nothing to beings like me. But every time I try to retreat I am returned to this very spot. Call it Poseidon's trump card. His spite. He trapped us here with the Goddess! A Goddess powerful enough to be in three places at once!"

"No," Gohan growled. "No there's got to be another way out. There's got to be a way we can--"
View attachment 6280
[BOOOOOM]
An explosion shook the remnants of the tower. Its tattered ceiling came crumbling inwards. Its falling bricks were scattered by a wave of heat and light. A hand stretched forth from the heart of a blinding portal.

"This world will die in precisely 2.86 minutes. Resting the Goddess here if futile. Come. The Battle is lost bar the war can be won yet!"

@Jeremi

Back