Side Story The Goddess II: Fate of the Old Gods

"Sounds like a plan, darling," Frost smirked. "As soon as we beat this place, I'll buy you all a round at Riley's. It's the shittiest place in town, but the drinks are cheap, and we'll all be the best looking people in there."

Adam's eyes drifted from Atlantiades' eyes to her hand and back again. A beat. He folded his arms and drifted past her, not giving her so much as a second glance.
"Fine." He snapped, avoiding her stare. He turned his face away from Atreus. "I'll come. I'll keep you alive. Not for you. Not for love. Not for the boy. For my people. They're no doubt suffering in my absence... Clawing each other to pieces without my firm hand..."

His boots clicked down upon the dusty of the Clearing. He assessed his new allies with a cold stare.
"Children, Dragons, Angels and Flaming Men... and of course, the Wizard's pet... This will be interesting... if nothing else..."

DRYLANDS--> FLAMING FOREST
The journey across the silent planes of the Drylands was long and exhausting. The Sun's sting was inescapable. The gritty sand was rough under foot. It seemed to slip away with every step you took. Running was almost impossible. My the time your eyes fell upon something that wasn't a faceless dune, 2 hours had passed.

10 hours remained.

A pillar of smoke scarred the horizon. The Flaming Forest was at last in view.
Its trees were barren and bare. The earth was as dry and rock as the Drylands had been. A few towering, wooden pillars protruded the lifeless hills, the natural gravestones of the trees that had once thrived in long dead land. The Sun's cruel gaze ignited their blackened, flash. Fire crawled across every surface. Smoke scalded your flesh.
View attachment 6431
"Aw-right..." James mumbled to himself. "Judging by that pang in my gut, another 5-ish of us are dead---"
PLAYER ELIMINATED: D'VORAH
FATE: CUT TO RIBBONS BY THE REVERSE FLASH

PLAYER ELIMINATED: ZERO
FATE: DROWNED BY NATHAN

PLAYER ELIMINATED: ROCKET RACOON
FATE: POACHED BY SAGAT IN SELF DEFENSE

PLAYER ELIMINATE: BOOSTER GOLD
FATE: TOSSED BY THE REVERSE FLASH AND CRUSHED BY A TREE

PLAYER ELIMINATED: STRIDER HIRYU
FATE: IMPALED BY THE REVERSE FLASH

"Good news-- we aren't the baddest bitches in town anymore. That Fast-Guy is at the climbing up the leader-board. Let's hope someone puts him in the ground before he comes a-knocking... In other news, welcome to Yellow Team Territory. These bastards have been here about as long as Urien has. Real vets. They've got a hut in the heart of this place. If we want water, we'll have to pay them a tribute or two. Hell, they might want a little something-something just for us cutting through their back yard. Want to avoid that? We're looking at another hour's trek southward into the Wetlands, and another hour north into the Lifelands. I can survive a lil heat. It's up to you what we do next."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Takumi @Capri @Lucky

Atlantiades just shrugged. An ally is an ally no matter how begrudging they were.

JfMqiSY.png

"Well with that settled. It's time for us to head out."

The sun was scorching but Atlantiades had dealt with worse when sunbathing. They had spread out their wings for the others to protect them from the sun.

ziURYJs.png

"Disappointingly we're not all Gods," Atlantiades lamented at James' remark. "I don't believe I wish to interact with anyone else in this place. Because I assume that anyone who has been here for an extended period of time is not out to help out of the grace of their good heart." They flipped their hair. "Perhaps the sweet words of a Goddess of Love would be enough to sway them, but I am not alone and I will not risk the safety of anyone in the group. I will defer to the rest of the group to what path we shall take."

@Sark @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Takumi @Capri @Lucky

"Sounds like a plan, darling," Frost smirked. "As soon as we beat this place, I'll buy you all a round at Riley's. It's the shittiest place in town, but the drinks are cheap, and we'll all be the best looking people in there."

Adam's eyes drifted from Atlantiades' eyes to her hand and back again. A beat. He folded his arms and drifted past her, not giving her so much as a second glance.
"Fine." He snapped, avoiding her stare. He turned his face away from Atreus. "I'll come. I'll keep you alive. Not for you. Not for love. Not for the boy. For my people. They're no doubt suffering in my absence... Clawing each other to pieces without my firm hand..."

His boots clicked down upon the dusty of the Clearing. He assessed his new allies with a cold stare.
"Children, Dragons, Angels and Flaming Men... and of course, the Wizard's pet... This will be interesting... if nothing else..."

DRYLANDS--> FLAMING FOREST
The journey across the silent planes of the Drylands was long and exhausting. The Sun's sting was inescapable. The gritty sand was rough under foot. It seemed to slip away with every step you took. Running was almost impossible. My the time your eyes fell upon something that wasn't a faceless dune, 2 hours had passed.

10 hours remained.

A pillar of smoke scarred the horizon. The Flaming Forest was at last in view.
Its trees were barren and bare. The earth was as dry and rock as the Drylands had been. A few towering, wooden pillars protruded the lifeless hills, the natural gravestones of the trees that had once thrived in long dead land. The Sun's cruel gaze ignited their blackened, flash. Fire crawled across every surface. Smoke scalded your flesh.
View attachment 6431
"Aw-right..." James mumbled to himself. "Judging by that pang in my gut, another 5-ish of us are dead---"
PLAYER ELIMINATED: D'VORAH
FATE: CUT TO RIBBONS BY THE REVERSE FLASH

PLAYER ELIMINATED: ZERO
FATE: DROWNED BY NATHAN

PLAYER ELIMINATED: ROCKET RACOON
FATE: POACHED BY SAGAT IN SELF DEFENSE

PLAYER ELIMINATE: BOOSTER GOLD
FATE: TOSSED BY THE REVERSE FLASH AND CRUSHED BY A TREE

PLAYER ELIMINATED: STRIDER HIRYU
FATE: IMPALED BY THE REVERSE FLASH

"Good news-- we aren't the baddest bitches in town anymore. That Fast-Guy is at the climbing up the leader-board. Let's hope someone puts him in the ground before he comes a-knocking... In other news, welcome to Yellow Team Territory. These bastards have been here about as long as Urien has. Real vets. They've got a hut in the heart of this place. If we want water, we'll have to pay them a tribute or two. Hell, they might want a little something-something just for us cutting through their back yard. Want to avoid that? We're looking at another hour's trek southward into the Wetlands, and another hour north into the Lifelands. I can survive a lil heat. It's up to you what we do next."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Takumi @Capri @Lucky

The best looking people. For her, she almost doubted it, but couldn't help but chuckle in amusement. As the group prepared to go, she paused momentarily, eyes landing on someone she had noticed earlier but nearly forgotten.

"Little one, come with us." She cooed to Jon Kent, worried. He had simply stood there, and hadn't attacked anyone else so far.

"We will keep you safe." She offered, before watching as the rest began to trek on. With one last glance at the boy, she would turn and follow. He could follow if he wished, or he could stay behind. It didn't leave a good feeling in her mouth if he'd choose the latter.

---​

"I have a few trinkets in my human form. If they don't accept them, then so be it." She huffed. Black Adam's little quip about their group made her roll her eyes. He said he was a King, yes? She was quickly growing to dislike him, but oh her brother would just adore him no doubt. Ugh. If Jon joined them, she'd keep an eye out for him

@Sark @Lucky @Yun Lee @Capri @Jeremi @Minerva @Everyone

The best looking people. For her, she almost doubted it, but couldn't help but chuckle in amusement. As the group prepared to go, she paused momentarily, eyes landing on someone she had noticed earlier but nearly forgotten.

"Little one, come with us." She cooed to Jon Kent, worried. He had simply stood there, and hadn't attacked anyone else so far.

"We will keep you safe." She offered, before watching as the rest began to trek on. With one last glance at the boy, she would turn and follow. He could follow if he wished, or he could stay behind. It didn't leave a good feeling in her mouth if he'd choose the latter.
"Mmmmm 'kay..." Jon hummed, picking himself up from his spot on the floor. "Mom says I'm not supposed to talk to strangers, but uhh... I think this is a special situation..."
View attachment 6454
"So where're we goin'?"
"I have a few trinkets in my human form. If they don't accept them, then so be it." She huffed. Black Adam's little quip about their group made her roll her eyes. He said he was a King, yes? She was quickly growing to dislike him, but oh her brother would just adore him no doubt. Ugh. If Jon joined them, she'd keep an eye out for him
"Disappointingly we're not all Gods," Atlantiades lamented at James' remark. "I don't believe I wish to interact with anyone else in this place. Because I assume that anyone who has been here for an extended period of time is not out to help out of the grace of their good heart." They flipped their hair. "Perhaps the sweet words of a Goddess of Love would be enough to sway them, but I am not alone and I will not risk the safety of anyone in the group. I will defer to the rest of the group to what path we shall take."
View attachment 6456
"We're not looking for trinkets." A voice called out from the heart of the fire. "What good will rings and toys do us here?" The stranger span a great metal bow staff across his shoulder. He rolled his neck from side to side until it make an audible crack. "We've only lasted this long by looking out for our own. By holding on to what we have and protecting our land. If you want to pass through here, you and your friends can go fetch us some food, Frost," The contestant spat. "Bring us some water and we'll happily roll out the welcome mat."

"You'd make servants out of us?" Teth-Adam snapped. "Out of me?"
View attachment 6457
"I don't know who your new pal is, Frost..."
A figure in black emerged from the flames. "But his attitude is going to be a problem..."

We're burning time here, The Silent One hissed a telepathic message out to his 'allies'. They're in our way. We outnumber them. We will still outnumber them if they dare fetch their allies. There are no divine creatures here. Our next move is obvious. Lightning crackled across his knuckles. It's all too obvious.

"Goddess of Love?" Atreus looked up towards Atlantiades. "If you think you can sway them..."

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Takumi @Capri @Lucky

"Hold your fire, Urien." Gill finally spoke. "Allow us to try for a nonviolent approach first." He knew, though, what would likely happen. After all...rather than join in the conversation of the masses, he had been watching. Listening. Learning. Actors in a role...roles he had seen before. once upon a time. And he had been able to figure out who he was. and what he needed to do. Watch for smoke and the blue team. Yes...only one thing to do, and that was wait for the right time. Then he would go into the jungle when the time was right. And he knew when that would be.

In truth, this little game was beneath him. The true target here was Bison, and he was not going to let the opportunity to confront him pass him by. The prophecy of their Society would come true yet. The morale gained from slaying him would aid them, turn into propaganda for any remaining gods or resistance. But in order to get there. he needed to play his part. And he had the feeling it would be starting very, very soon.

@Sark @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Takumi @Capri @Lucky

"Mmmmm 'kay..." Jon hummed, picking himself up from his spot on the floor. "Mom says I'm not supposed to talk to strangers, but uhh... I think this is a special situation..."
View attachment 6454
"So where're we goin'?"

View attachment 6456
"We're not looking for trinkets." A voice called out from the heart of the fire. "What good will rings and toys do us here?" The stranger span a great metal bow staff across his shoulder. He rolled his neck from side to side until it make an audible crack. "We've only lasted this long by looking out for our own. By holding on to what we have and protecting our land. If you want to pass through here, you and your friends can go fetch us some food, Frost," The contestant spat. "Bring us some water and we'll happily roll out the welcome mat."

View attachment 6457
A figure in black emerged from the flames. "But his attitude is going to be a problem..."

We're burning time here, The Silent One hissed a telepathic message out to his 'allies'. They're in our way. We outnumber them. We will still outnumber them if they dare fetch their allies. There are no divine creatures here. Our next move is obvious. Lightning crackled across his knuckles. It's all too obvious.

"Goddess of Love?" Atreus looked up towards Atlantiades. "If you think you can sway them..."

"We're going to try and find a way out of here. Hopefully, to get you and our company back home...or somewhere safe." Mila answered Jon simply, pleased that he joined their group. If his home was safe from the Goddess' clutches at least, she'd do her best to return him there. If not... she'd find somewhere safe for him.

When those of the yellow team spoke up, she looked down at them blankly. They wanted them to do the dirty work to pass through, when they could find food themselves. She hummed thoughtfully, though glanced to Urien sharply at his suggestion.

"Resorting to violence so quickly may just waste more of our time." She grumbled. Even with numbers on their side, what if their allies kept interfering with their trek the longer they were trying to pass through their claimed territory? Wouldn't it just drag it out?

Hopefully Atlantiades could persuade them. She'd have offered to grow something edible for them, but given the nature of their surroundings she wasn't sure if it was even wise.

@Sark @Capri @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Lucky

"Hold your fire, Urien." Gill finally spoke. "Allow us to try for a nonviolent approach first." He knew, though, what would likely happen. After all...rather than join in the conversation of the masses, he had been watching. Listening. Learning. Actors in a role...roles he had seen before. once upon a time. And he had been able to figure out who he was. and what he needed to do. Watch for smoke and the blue team. Yes...only one thing to do, and that was wait for the right time. Then he would go into the jungle when the time was right. And he knew when that would be.

In truth, this little game was beneath him. The true target here was Bison, and he was not going to let the opportunity to confront him pass him by. The prophecy of their Society would come true yet. The morale gained from slaying him would aid them, turn into propaganda for any remaining gods or resistance. But in order to get there. he needed to play his part. And he had the feeling it would be starting very, very soon.
Oh of course! The path of nonviolence! How did I not think of that? Urien spat sarcastically. It's almost as I've been trapped on a giant Murder Island for as long as I can remember! It's almost as if I've been killing for food! Killing for mere seconds of reprieve! The path of nonviolence is a path straight to Hell, Brother! I of all people should know. I've been there. Your high horse can rot.

"Resorting to violence so quickly may just waste more of our time." She grumbled. Even with numbers on their side, what if their allies kept interfering with their trek the longer they were trying to pass through their claimed territory? Wouldn't it just drag it out?
"I mean... I just wanna go home..." Jon pulled his hood over his head. He tugged on its drawstring until his face was completely hidden behind a veil of creased fabric. He 'looked' up towards Mila, his eyes barely peeping through the hole in his hood. "If you're scared, we can go around to forest? I can carry you if you're tired..."

Time was crawling by.
9 and a half hours remained.

@Takumi @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lucky @Capri

Oh of course! The path of nonviolence! How did I not think of that? Urien spat sarcastically. It's almost as I've been trapped on a giant Murder Island for as long as I can remember! It's almost as if I've been killing for food! Killing for mere seconds of reprieve! The path of nonviolence is a path straight to Hell, Brother! I of all people should know. I've been there. Your high horse can rot.

"I mean... I just wanna go home..." Jon pulled his hood over his head. He tugged on its drawstring until his face was completely hidden behind a veil of creased fabric. He 'looked' up towards Mila, his eyes barely peeping through the hole in his hood. "If you're scared, we can go around to forest? I can carry you if you're tired..."

Time was crawling by.
9 and a half hours remained.

@Takumi @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lucky @Capri

One had to wonder why this child was stuck on this island. That, and the other child among their group. Mila's gaze softened as she glanced down to Jon.

"I'm not tired yet, I may be older than I look but I'll let you know if I feel tired. I'm not scared either, not for myself at least." She replied. She doubted the boy could carry her, but she didn't know what he could do.

"If we attempt to go around, how long do you think that would take us?" She asked Frost. It was a possibility, but given their time limit and how much time they'd spent getting here...if Atlantiades' approach didn't work then what then?

@Sark @Jeremi @Lucky @Capri @Yun Lee

One had to wonder why this child was stuck on this island. That, and the other child among their group. Mila's gaze softened as she glanced down to Jon.

"I'm not tired yet, I may be older than I look but I'll let you know if I feel tired. I'm not scared either, not for myself at least." She replied. She doubted the boy could carry her, but she didn't know what he could do.
"'Kay, but don't be scared to asked for help!" Jon smiled- presumably- from beneath his closed hood. He continued to pull on his draw strings, oblivious to the potential dangers before him. "My dad says you can't be scared when it comes to askin' for help. He says only brave people ask for help. And the brave people have to help the people who can't ask for help. Or, at least, that's what I think he said. I can't remember exactly. Cartoons were on when he said it."

"If we attempt to go around, how long do you think that would take us?" She asked Frost. It was a possibility, but given their time limit and how much time they'd spent getting here...if Atlantiades' approach didn't work then what then?
"Ah, geesh, that depends..." Frost rubbed his tired eyes with his thumbs and started to grumble a quick plan to himself. "We'd have to head South into the Wetlands. Unless anyone here can pull a boat outta their ass, we'd have to stick to the shallows... moving a party of this size through that region... we're looking at another hour and a half at least. And that's not including the trek through the Lifelands. If nothing goes wrong down there, we'd still have an hour's walk before we reach the coast, maybe a little longer. Cripes... we'd still have to use their Boardwalk... without that, we'd have to swim out to the cliff and..."

Diamond Patch stroked his chin and grumbled an old, Canadian curse to himself.

"It'll be close to 3 hour journey on land." He stated, raising his voice again. "Maybe another half hour out at sea... and that's if nothing goes wrong. We'd avoid the forest, but it we'd reach the cliff with about 6 hours to spare. If you're confident in your friend's plan, darling, the time limit won't matter, but if things go wrong, we're gonna be pushing it for time. 6 hours ain't much time to set up a secret, safe camp for a dozen people..."

@Takumi @Jeremi @Lucky @Capri @Yun Lee

Billy Batson/ Shazam

Billy paused for a beat. They needed to play their part and a three hour journey just to get to their first destination was long. Odds were that they also would have to come back this way. “ Listen, I would love to have a whole discourse on peace versus violence, but we need to get to the first spot, so we can get through whatever else we need to do to get the sword back to hand off to someone so they can kill the Goddess. I am sure those words mean nothing to you on this island, but we can offer you probably a path out of here if you let us through.”

@Sark @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Takumi @Minerva

In truth, Urien's own impulsive nature was what Gill was looking to avoid, but...Gill looked at his brother, a neutral expression on his face. "Perhaps I can offer a solution to our problems? But I will need the help of someone else here, as well as the help of someone on another team." He looked to his teammates, thinking quietly, beforw setting his attention on HABIT. "Could you please tell me what powers you have at your disposal, my friend?"

@Sark @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Takumi @Capri @Lucky

HABIT
@Sark @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Minerva @Takumi @Lucky

HABIT smiled a wide, toothy, murderous smile, letting out a chuckle of glee as soon as Gill called on him.

“I can uh... shift my location at will rather... suddenly. Some of you call it uh... teleportation. My gun can kill gods, it houses the power of what I call the North Star, which counteracts healing. The same thing can also be applied to my machete and knife.”

He pulls out his machete and waves it around.

“Would you like a demonstration, Red White and Blue?” He says, referring to Gill, “All you have to do is point...”

"'Kay, but don't be scared to asked for help!" Jon smiled- presumably- from beneath his closed hood. He continued to pull on his draw strings, oblivious to the potential dangers before him. "My dad says you can't be scared when it comes to askin' for help. He says only brave people ask for help. And the brave people have to help the people who can't ask for help. Or, at least, that's what I think he said. I can't remember exactly. Cartoons were on when he said it."

"Ah, geesh, that depends..." Frost rubbed his tired eyes with his thumbs and started to grumble a quick plan to himself. "We'd have to head South into the Wetlands. Unless anyone here can pull a boat outta their ass, we'd have to stick to the shallows... moving a party of this size through that region... we're looking at another hour and a half at least. And that's not including the trek through the Lifelands. If nothing goes wrong down there, we'd still have an hour's walk before we reach the coast, maybe a little longer. Cripes... we'd still have to use their Boardwalk... without that, we'd have to swim out to the cliff and..."

Diamond Patch stroked his chin and grumbled an old, Canadian curse to himself.

"It'll be close to 3 hour journey on land." He stated, raising his voice again. "Maybe another half hour out at sea... and that's if nothing goes wrong. We'd avoid the forest, but it we'd reach the cliff with about 6 hours to spare. If you're confident in your friend's plan, darling, the time limit won't matter, but if things go wrong, we're gonna be pushing it for time. 6 hours ain't much time to set up a secret, safe camp for a dozen people..."

@Takumi @Jeremi @Lucky @Capri @Yun Lee

She didn't know what a cartoon was, but Mila nodded all the same. She could understand most of what he said so that's all that really mattered. Even as Jon was oblivious to the dangers around them, Mila stayed alert and ready to protect him and the group as a whole with her entire being.

"I'll make sure to ask you for help, Little One. If you ever need help from me, however, just let me know." She chuckled, though glanced over Jon's head to Frost as he spoke.

"3 hours if nothing goes wrong?" She pondered. That didn't put her mind at ease. Puffing out smoke with a huff, she tilted her head.

"How annoying." She grumbled. From the sounds of things, however, Gill seemed to have some sort of plan, and as HABIT waved around his machete, Mila's head tilted a bit more and her tail laid near Jon in an almost protective half curl. Whatever Gill had in mind, she hoped it would quickly solve their dilemma.

@Sark @Capri @Yun Lee @Lucky @Jeremi @Minerva

Gill smiled as he heard what HABIT said. Though his was a soft and kind smile, in truth it hid something far deeper that only he himself knew. All of it was perfect. More perfect than he could have anticipated. "Yes...a demonstration would be perfect." With one hand...he pointed directly at Urien.

"I would like to request your assistance in teleporting myself and my brother into the jungle, if you may. There is someone there that can assist us in clearing this camp. We will only be gone a short while, but we will return with what we need."

@Sark @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Takumi @Capri @Lucky

HABIT
@Sark @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Takumi @Lucky

"Heheheh... well..."
HABIT said, "I'll do it..."

Without any indication, Urien and Gill's visions both turned slightly purple, and when they blinked, they were in the jungle. HABIT and everyone else was absent.

To the rest of them, it looked like a purple flash had made them disappear.

Before leaving, Gill had said, "Please return us in a half and hour. That is all the time we need." And once in the jungle, he looked to Urien. "There is something we must do," he said, "if we have any hope of escaping this place. I'm sure you remember how the original Arena played out, how one of Bison's Dolls was capable of indescribable power. We were fortunate enough to find such a Doll in our midst, but I am sure you remember how those powers came to be."

The older brother looked to the younger. "To have attacked those within the forest immediately would have invited death we don't need. You and I both know that blood must be spilled in the name of the greater good. For the two of us to escape, we must make a necessary sacrifice. She's here, in the jungle, nursing a broken arm. We find her...and I'm sure you know what we must do."

@Sark @Capri

Billy paused for a beat. They needed to play their part and a three hour journey just to get to their first destination was long. Odds were that they also would have to come back this way. “ Listen, I would love to have a whole discourse on peace versus violence, but we need to get to the first spot, so we can get through whatever else we need to do to get the sword back to hand off to someone so they can kill the Goddess. I am sure those words mean nothing to you on this island, but we can offer you probably a path out of here if you let us through.”
"Take another step and the only sword you'll be getting is the sharp end of mine," The stranger glared. His hand shot to the hilt of his sword. "I've fought Gods before, sure, but I'm more familiar with fighting crazy guys. You can preach about your Goddess all you like, but you can do it from outside our territory. We don't want your madness here."

"You're not the first bunch of bright sparks to come to us with a swell plot to get us out of here alive. You won't be the last." The second stranger crossed his arms. "Play your cards right and you might live long enough to preach another day. We'll take our chances inside. We've lasted this long."

She didn't know what a cartoon was, but Mila nodded all the same. She could understand most of what he said so that's all that really mattered. Even as Jon was oblivious to the dangers around them, Mila stayed alert and ready to protect him and the group as a whole with her entire being.

"I'll make sure to ask you for help, Little One. If you ever need help from me, however, just let me know." She chuckled, though glanced over Jon's head to Frost as he spoke.
"Will do!" Jon shot a quick thumbs-up Mila's way, before going back to playing with his hoodie strings. For the first time in a long while, his mom wasn't around to tell him not to. What she didn't know couldn't hurt her, right? He was going to make the most of his time alone to live it up. He was gonna play with those hoodie strings to his heart's content. "And if you're worried about the others thinking you're not cool because you're askin' for help, don't worry. I'll make sure they're nice. Friends like us have each other's backs."

With a huff, Jon jumped back to sit upon the end of Mila's tail
"3 hours if nothing goes wrong?" She pondered. That didn't put her mind at ease. Puffing out smoke with a huff, she tilted her head.

"How annoying." She grumbled. From the sounds of things, however, Gill seemed to have some sort of plan, and as HABIT waved around his machete, Mila's head tilted a bit more and her tail laid near Jon in an almost protective half curl. Whatever Gill had in mind, she hoped it would quickly solve their dilemma.
"Yeah, it's a pain," Frost grumbled. "But we're only wasting more time by standing about here. It's up to you. Give the word and I'll chart a course."

"I would like to request your assistance in teleporting myself and my brother into the jungle, if you may. There is someone there that can assist us in clearing this camp. We will only be gone a short while, but we will return with what we need."
Don't I get a say in this? Urien snarled. What makes you think that I would want to go with you? After all you've done? After the War? After the Fellowship? After Kolin? My faith in you and your schemes is long gone, broth--
HABIT
@Sark @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Takumi @Lucky

"Heheheh... well..."
HABIT said, "I'll do it..."

Without any indication, Urien and Gill's visions both turned slightly purple, and when they blinked, they were in the jungle. HABIT and everyone else was absent.

To the rest of them, it looked like a purple flash had made them disappear.
Before leaving, Gill had said, "Please return us in a half and hour. That is all the time we need." And once in the jungle, he looked to Urien. "There is something we must do," he said, "if we have any hope of escaping this place. I'm sure you remember how the original Arena played out, how one of Bison's Dolls was capable of indescribable power. We were fortunate enough to find such a Doll in our midst, but I am sure you remember how those powers came to be."

The older brother looked to the younger. "To have attacked those within the forest immediately would have invited death we don't need. You and I both know that blood must be spilled in the name of the greater good. For the two of us to escape, we must make a necessary sacrifice. She's here, in the jungle, nursing a broken arm. We find her...and I'm sure you know what we must do."
JUNGLE
Urien listened. He folded his arms and, for the first time since becoming Vice President of the Society, he actually listened.
Perhaps I underestimated you, Brother,
He scoffed. You're not thick skull'd bastard after all... well, at least you're not thick skull'd...

Urien ran his fingers through the dirt. They traced a faint, dry trail of blood.

Someone's been through here... He hummed to himself. They couldn't have gone far. Judging by the Doll's injuries, it's likely that the Speedster's strike pierced her flesh as well as her bone. She'll be searching for shelter. A place to lie low. To set her broken bones...

His eyes traced the scene. They dissected every every tree, leaf and shrub. She closed his eyes. He let his ears guide him. His senses merged into one.

There it is...
A smirk crawled across his silent lips. Can you hear it, brother? A river... a waterfall. A kilometre or so east of here. She'll be heading there. It's the perfect place to clean her wounds. I've studied Shadaloo training material. She won't be biting off more than she can chew... not yet anyway. She'll be waiting until she can reunite with that other Doll... yes... she'll be playing it safe.

But we'll need to be swift... See those burned patches of grass? The Speedster has been through here already... he's looking for an easy kill too... How would you like to play this? Quietly? Or would you rather we smoked her out with a little fire and thunder... like the good old days?

@Yun Lee

View attachment 6454
"So where're we goin'?"

View attachment 6456

View attachment 6457

Atlantiades wasn't really sure what to make of it all but it seemed the man with bulging muscles had a plan. Now if that involved all of them or just him they couldn't say but it seemed that there wouldn't be a fight, at least not yet. As they watched Gill and his brother leave Atlantiades would form a makeshift ornate throne behind them before sitting down.

PKVKxzx.png

"So you request water? Simple enough I suppose, though it would tardy us something fierce. Instead, before we go on your little fetch quest I'd remind you that you have the Goddess of Love in front of you."

b86m1YG.png

"My powers aren't perhaps as strong as they are in my universe, but other than water." They leaned forward a bit on the throne. "I'm sure I can provide either of you some form a favor if you so wish. A weapon to slay your foes? Armor to protect you from this harsh place? A kiss to warm your heart during the cold nights? Ask and I'll see if I can provide it."

"Take another step and the only sword you'll be getting is the sharp end of mine," The stranger glared. His hand shot to the hilt of his sword. "I've fought Gods before, sure, but I'm more familiar with fighting crazy guys. You can preach about your Goddess all you like, but you can do it from outside our territory. We don't want your madness here."

"You're not the first bunch of bright sparks to come to us with a swell plot to get us out of here alive. You won't be the last." The second stranger crossed his arms. "Play your cards right and you might live long enough to preach another day. We'll take our chances inside. We've lasted this long."

"Will do!" Jon shot a quick thumbs-up Mila's way, before going back to playing with his hoodie strings. For the first time in a long while, his mom wasn't around to tell him not to. What she didn't know couldn't hurt her, right? He was going to make the most of his time alone to live it up. He was gonna play with those hoodie strings to his heart's content. "And if you're worried about the others thinking you're not cool because you're askin' for help, don't worry. I'll make sure they're nice. Friends like us have each other's backs."

With a huff, Jon jumped back to sit upon the end of Mila's tail

"Yeah, it's a pain," Frost grumbled. "But we're only wasting more time by standing about here. It's up to you. Give the word and I'll chart a course."

Don't I get a say in this? Urien snarled. What makes you think that I would want to go with you? After all you've done? After the War? After the Fellowship? After Kolin? My faith in you and your schemes is long gone, broth--

JUNGLE
Urien listened. He folded his arms and, for the first time since becoming Vice President of the Society, he actually listened.
Perhaps I underestimated you, Brother,
He scoffed. You're not thick skull'd bastard after all... well, at least you're not thick skull'd...

Urien ran his fingers through the dirt. They traced a faint, dry trail of blood.

Someone's been through here... He hummed to himself. They couldn't have gone far. Judging by the Doll's injuries, it's likely that the Speedster's strike pierced her flesh as well as her bone. She'll be searching for shelter. A place to lie low. To set her broken bones...

His eyes traced the scene. They dissected every every tree, leaf and shrub. She closed his eyes. He let his ears guide him. His senses merged into one.

There it is... A smirk crawled across his silent lips. Can you hear it, brother? A river... a waterfall. A kilometre or so east of here. She'll be heading there. It's the perfect place to clean her wounds. I've studied Shadaloo training material. She won't be biting off more than she can chew... not yet anyway. She'll be waiting until she can reunite with that other Doll... yes... she'll be playing it safe.

But we'll need to be swift... See those burned patches of grass? The Speedster has been through here already... he's looking for an easy kill too... How would you like to play this? Quietly? Or would you rather we smoked her out with a little fire and thunder... like the good old days?

@Yun Lee

A thoughtful look crossed Mila's face at Frost's words.

"While I agree with you that we can't really afford to simply stand here, I want to wait for the others to try their ideas first, and if that fails..." She trailed off, growing slightly frustrated, but keeping it in check. She glanced down at Jon, a chuckle rumbling deep in her chest.

"That's right, we do have each other's backs." She spoke in amusement. Atlantiades spoke earlier of their wish and intent to protect the group as a whole, and Mila shared the Goddess of Love's sentiment.

"It's a shame, if the forest wasn't in the state it's in giving them food wouldn't be much of a problem." Mila sighed, directing her comment to Frost as she spoke.

@Sark @Capri @Lucky @Jeremi @Minerva @Everyone

A thoughtful look crossed Mila's face at Frost's words.

"While I agree with you that we can't really afford to simply stand here, I want to wait for the others to try their ideas first, and if that fails..." She trailed off, growing slightly frustrated, but keeping it in check. She glanced down at Jon, a chuckle rumbling deep in her chest.

"That's right, we do have each other's backs." She spoke in amusement. Atlantiades spoke earlier of their wish and intent to protect the group as a whole, and Mila shared the Goddess of Love's sentiment.

"It's a shame, if the forest wasn't in the state it's in giving them food wouldn't be much of a problem." Mila sighed, directing her comment to Frost as she spoke.
"I mean... you could always give it a try?" Jon chirped. "What's the worst than can happen? My mom says that you miss all the shots that you don't take. You never know if you don't try!"

Atlantiades wasn't really sure what to make of it all but it seemed the man with bulging muscles had a plan. Now if that involved all of them or just him they couldn't say but it seemed that there wouldn't be a fight, at least not yet. As they watched Gill and his brother leave Atlantiades would form a makeshift ornate throne behind them before sitting down.

"So you request water? Simple enough I suppose, though it would tardy us something fierce. Instead, before we go on your little fetch quest I'd remind you that you have the Goddess of Love in front of you."

"My powers aren't perhaps as strong as they are in my universe, but other than water."
They leaned forward a bit on the throne. "I'm sure I can provide either of you some form a favor if you so wish. A weapon to slay your foes? Armor to protect you from this harsh place? A kiss to warm your heart during the cold nights? Ask and I'll see if I can provide it."
Damian stared blankly at Atlantiades' performance. After a confused, silent moment, he opened his mouth to speak again.
View attachment 6491
"If you had the enough weapons and armor to survive this place, you wouldn't be coming to use for help. You'd just march on through our territory, no questions asked. The only weapons I need are the ones in my hands. More armor would just slow me down. Besides. We've built quite the armory over the years. We don't need any more trophies."

"The last woman I kissed died by my hands..." Kaine muttered.
View attachment 6492
"Touch me and you'll share her fate. It's that simple."

"We're wasting precious time!" Adam growled. "We could have killed them by now!"

"Cripes..."

"You need to more careful when it comes to choosing friends, Frost,"
Damian slowly drew his sword. He parted his feet and lowered his stance. He kept his eyes fixed on Adam's position. "You've brought the devil to our doorstep!"

Atreus retreated behind Atlantiades. He carefully threaded an arrow through his bow and hid behind Karinith. Crimson rubbed her temples and sighed.

Time was flying.
8 hours and 45 minutes remained.

@Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Capri @Crunch @Lucky

Back