Side Story The Goddess II: Fate of the Old Gods

HABIT
@Sark @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Minerva @Lucky

“Your right”
HABIT said, this path of non-violence clearly not working. He pulled out his god-killing gun and fired at Kaine. Whether or not the bullet hit, HABIT teleported behind Damian and fired, attempting to shoot his head.
[BANG]
[WHOOSH]
[BANG]

A shot rang out across the clearing. Silence hung in the air. A beat.

PLAYER ELIMINATED: Kaine Parker
FATE: Shot by HABIT

Damian slowly turned around. His eyes wide in confusion. His ears were still ringing from the sound of the point blank shot. His eyes locked onto HABIT's. His confusion was replaced by burning, unbridled hatred.

Three bloody bullets struck the sand.
"I... I.... I caught 'em!" Jon buffed in relief. "I didn't think I could but..."
View attachment 6495
"Dad was right... faster than... a speeding..." He fell down to the sands at Damian's feet. His hands drifted down to his abdomen. He released a weak laugh. He slowly opened his heavy eyelids. He lifted his head a little to face Kaine. "Sorry I couldn't catch yours too... I tried... I... I just didn't want to see anyone get... hurt... But you'll be okay, right? We'll both be okay..."

Before HABIT could fire another shot, his body was frozen on the shot. He couldn't fight. He couldn't run. He could only sit and stare at the mess he had made.

Damian crouched down beside Jon. He brushed his hair- now wet with blood- out of the boys eyes. He smiled a soft, warm smile.
"Did I do good, Damian?"
"Hey... you recognise me?"
"Yeah..." He sniffed. "Yeah... you got big..."
Damian did his best to smile. His rage had subsided for a moment or two. A different kind of red haze was crawling in from the corner of his eye. His eyes were welling with tears.
"Yeah... I got big... What gave me away?"
"That stupid thing you said about... Thunder-Fingers being a demon... the little you always said stuff like that..."
"Yeah... I did... I still do..."
"I'm... sorry..."
"No, don't y-" He stammered. "Don't your dare..."
"I should've been paying attention... Could have saved that other guy... I was just... playing... like a stupid kid..."
"No... don't say that Jon... After what you just did? You're a man now."
"A Superman..." He whimpered. He closed his eyes. "A Superman..."
"Yes... yes you are..."
"Don't worry, Robin... My friend will keep us safe... she's a dragon and she's..."
"Shhh..." Robin whispered. "It's okay... You don't have to worry about us now..."
"..."
"Jon..."
"Jon?"
"JON!!!!"

The boy's head rolled back onto a bed of sand.

A second crawled by.

Damin ran his hand over the Jon's face, closing his eyes. He tightened his fingers into fists. He bared his teeth. He raised his head towards the skies.

He unleashed a primal scream.
A curse to fate. A curse to the Old Gods. A curse to everyone and everything.

A pulled his sword from sand. He points its tip towards HABIT. He opened his mouth to say something. Nothing came out. He loathing... it had transcended words. To Hell with vows. To Hell with mercy. He marched towards the frozen HABIT with murder in his eyes.

Atreus retreated behind Atlantiades' leg. Adam stayed his hand. The boy's death had slowed even his zealous soul. The death of a child had never held him back before. He had fantasized about the moment Billy's miserable life came to and end. But Jon... he wasn't killed in the name of power. He wasn't killed in the name of order. He had died in the name of death. It was a waste. A sickening waste.

Crimson Viper stared in disbelief. Pictures of her own child ran through her mind. God, she needed to go home. She needed to end this.

"Frost...." She commanded coldly.
View attachment 6497
"Unfreeze him. Unfreeze him and let me fucking kill him."
"It's... It's not me..."
"What do you--!?"
"It's not me. I'm not doing this. I can read minds. Controlling them like this... it's beyond me."
"Bullshit! Stop protecting him!"
"I'm telling you!" Frost snarled. "Its! Not! Me! I want him dead as much as the next guy! I can barely read a mind without physical contact!"
"So the Silent One--"
"I lost contact with him when decided to skip town on us. He's on his own! We're on our own!"

Damian swung his sword against the psychic barrier. It was repelled, as if compelled by some invisible, pseudo-magnetic force. He swung again. And again. And again. All of a sudden, the barrier vanished mid-strike. HABIT fell to the ground, narrowly avoiding a swift decapitation. Viper leaped into the fray. She hammered her foot down upon the boy's gun, burying it in the sand. Her other foot can burning towards HABIT's jaw, fracturing it in a single strike.

"Everything that's coming to you... You deserve it all..." She hissed, cracking her knuckles. "Every bruise, every cut. You've earned it."

"We've got incomin---"

[BOOM]

A blue meteor struck the sands behind the Old Gods. From the heart of the dusty crater, a figure emerged.
View attachment 6499
"Bizzaro not see what you did not do to worstest enemy..." He snarled, meaning the opposite of everything he said. "Bizzaro am happy!" He screamed, furiously. "Bizzaro am very happy with you!!"

A blazing portal opened up beside the lumbering freak. A young girl stepped through is, a flaming sword resting upon her shoulder.
View attachment 6501
"Who did this? Who are they working with? Give me names. I said give me names!!!"

No matter where you were on the island, the passing of two more Champions was felt and acknowledge. You knew who had fallen, by whom, and how.

PLAYER ELIMINATED: Jon Kent/Superboy
FATE: Wounded by HABIT

@Jeremi @Takumi @Capri @Lucky @Yun Lee @Crunch

HABIT
@Sark @Jeremi @Takumi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Crunch

HABIT laughed, he laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed.

His jaw was repaired, all that remained was a bruise.

HABIT grabbed his machete and slashed between the legs of Crimson Viper, before attempting to get up and kill C. Viper with his machete.

"This is more like it..." HABIT said, lunging at Damian with his machete ready to slice him open.

"...hm." Gill noticed the deaths, and looked to Urien. "The child has been slain," he said. He had not known the child personally, but it was a tragedy nonetheless. "I have no doubt that will make things far more difficult for our own side. Time is of the essence, now more than ever. Whatever we do, we must be discreet about it. With a boy's death heavy on the hearts of those on this island still clinging to morality, they will come for those within the flaming forest. Allow them to cause the largest row over their desire for vengeance."

He paused, looking to Urien. An arrogant fool, but his brother even so. And a charismatic man. How would the forces of the Godless respond to his return from the dead? "We have a common enemy, one that threatens our Society and all we've worked for. Kolin I had put my trust in, but we all know the ways of mortals. They are prideful and self-serving, no matter how pious they may be. Things will never return to how they once were before the Goddess arrived. But we have the ability to shape the world into the way we want. This will be our last day on this island. You and I shall escape this place, and we shall eliminate Bison and the Goddess once and for all." A pause. "I wonder, Urien...do you suppose the tongue of a Goddess would count as a holy relic?"

@Sark

Billy Batson/ Shazam

Too much. There was too much happening right now. He couldn’t focus, couldn’t concentrate on anything. Directions. Frost had given them. Three hours and time we ticking by. There was nothing that said he needed to stay with either team. Ally yourself didn’t mean remain with them. Time was precious. He was losing it fast. If he got to the place.... no the spot where he died then he could just as easily get back here with time to spare. Just follow the directions. Breathe. Breathe. Billy bolted to follow the path to the wetlands. The long way.... but it was better. He was better alone. Running was better.... it was all he had ever known

@Sark

"I mean... you could always give it a try?" Jon chirped. "What's the worst than can happen? My mom says that you miss all the shots that you don't take. You never know if you don't try!"

Damian stared blankly at Atlantiades' performance. After a confused, silent moment, he opened his mouth to speak again.
View attachment 6491
"If you had the enough weapons and armor to survive this place, you wouldn't be coming to use for help. You'd just march on through our territory, no questions asked. The only weapons I need are the ones in my hands. More armor would just slow me down. Besides. We've built quite the armory over the years. We don't need any more trophies."

"The last woman I kissed died by my hands..." Kaine muttered.
View attachment 6492
"Touch me and you'll share her fate. It's that simple."

"We're wasting precious time!" Adam growled. "We could have killed them by now!"

"Cripes..."

"You need to more careful when it comes to choosing friends, Frost," Damian slowly drew his sword. He parted his feet and lowered his stance. He kept his eyes fixed on Adam's position. "You've brought the devil to our doorstep!"

Atreus retreated behind Atlantiades. He carefully threaded an arrow through his bow and hid behind Karinith. Crimson rubbed her temples and sighed.

Time was flying.
8 hours and 45 minutes remained.

@Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Capri @Crunch @Lucky

Jon had a point, and for a moment she wondered if it could work, if only for a short time. Maybe it'd help things go by quickly.

"Well, I suppose so. I'll try--" Mila started to reply, but was cut off by the sound of Adam's cries and Damien drawing his weapon. Head lifting, she huffed a sigh as things quickly went downhill.

"Enough of that--" she growled, irritated. She didn't get to finish however. She wanted to eat Adam, but refrained from voicing that thought. As HABIT opened fire, she moved to stand protectively in front of Jon and closer to Frost.

[BANG]
[WHOOSH]
[BANG]

A shot rang out across the clearing. Silence hung in the air. A beat.

PLAYER ELIMINATED: Kaine Parker
FATE: Shot by HABIT

Damian slowly turned around. His eyes wide in confusion. His ears were still ringing from the sound of the point blank shot. His eyes locked onto HABIT's. His confusion was replaced by burning, unbridled hatred.

Three bloody bullets struck the sand.
"I... I.... I caught 'em!" Jon buffed in relief. "I didn't think I could but..."
View attachment 6495
"Dad was right... faster than... a speeding..." He fell down to the sands at Damian's feet. His hands drifted down to his abdomen. He released a weak laugh. He slowly opened his heavy eyelids. He lifted his head a little to face Kaine. "Sorry I couldn't catch yours too... I tried... I... I just didn't want to see anyone get... hurt... But you'll be okay, right? We'll both be okay..."

Before HABIT could fire another shot, his body was frozen on the shot. He couldn't fight. He couldn't run. He could only sit and stare at the mess he had made.

Damian crouched down beside Jon. He brushed his hair- now wet with blood- out of the boys eyes. He smiled a soft, warm smile.
"Did I do good, Damian?"
"Hey... you recognise me?"
"Yeah..." He sniffed. "Yeah... you got big..."
Damian did his best to smile. His rage had subsided for a moment or two. A different kind of red haze was crawling in from the corner of his eye. His eyes were welling with tears.
"Yeah... I got big... What gave me away?"
"That stupid thing you said about... Thunder-Fingers being a demon... the little you always said stuff like that..."
"Yeah... I did... I still do..."
"I'm... sorry..."
"No, don't y-" He stammered. "Don't your dare..."
"I should've been paying attention... Could have saved that other guy... I was just... playing... like a stupid kid..."
"No... don't say that Jon... After what you just did? You're a man now."
"A Superman..." He whimpered. He closed his eyes. "A Superman..."
"Yes... yes you are..."
"Don't worry, Robin... My friend will keep us safe... she's a dragon and she's..."
"Shhh..." Robin whispered. "It's okay... You don't have to worry about us now..."
"..."
"Jon..."
"Jon?"
"JON!!!!"

The boy's head rolled back onto a bed of sand.

A second crawled by.

Damin ran his hand over the Jon's face, closing his eyes. He tightened his fingers into fists. He bared his teeth. He raised his head towards the skies.

He unleashed a primal scream.
A curse to fate. A curse to the Old Gods. A curse to everyone and everything.

A pulled his sword from sand. He points its tip towards HABIT. He opened his mouth to say something. Nothing came out. He loathing... it had transcended words. To Hell with vows. To Hell with mercy. He marched towards the frozen HABIT with murder in his eyes.

Atreus retreated behind Atlantiades' leg. Adam stayed his hand. The boy's death had slowed even his zealous soul. The death of a child had never held him back before. He had fantasized about the moment Billy's miserable life came to and end. But Jon... he wasn't killed in the name of power. He wasn't killed in the name of order. He had died in the name of death. It was a waste. A sickening waste.

Crimson Viper stared in disbelief. Pictures of her own child ran through her mind. God, she needed to go home. She needed to end this.

"Frost...." She commanded coldly.
View attachment 6497
"Unfreeze him. Unfreeze him and let me fucking kill him."
"It's... It's not me..."
"What do you--!?"
"It's not me. I'm not doing this. I can read minds. Controlling them like this... it's beyond me."
"Bullshit! Stop protecting him!"
"I'm telling you!" Frost snarled. "Its! Not! Me! I want him dead as much as the next guy! I can barely read a mind without physical contact!"
"So the Silent One--"
"I lost contact with him when decided to skip town on us. He's on his own! We're on our own!"

Damian swung his sword against the psychic barrier. It was repelled, as if compelled by some invisible, pseudo-magnetic force. He swung again. And again. And again. All of a sudden, the barrier vanished mid-strike. HABIT fell to the ground, narrowly avoiding a swift decapitation. Viper leaped into the fray. She hammered her foot down upon the boy's gun, burying it in the sand. Her other foot can burning towards HABIT's jaw, fracturing it in a single strike.

"Everything that's coming to you... You deserve it all..." She hissed, cracking her knuckles. "Every bruise, every cut. You've earned it."

"We've got incomin---"

[BOOM]

A blue meteor struck the sands behind the Old Gods. From the heart of the dusty crater, a figure emerged.
View attachment 6499
"Bizzaro not see what you did not do to worstest enemy..." He snarled, meaning the opposite of everything he said. "Bizzaro am happy!" He screamed, furiously. "Bizzaro am very happy with you!!"

A blazing portal opened up beside the lumbering freak. A young girl stepped through is, a flaming sword resting upon her shoulder.
View attachment 6501
"Who did this? Who are they working with? Give me names. I said give me names!!!"

No matter where you were on the island, the passing of two more Champions was felt and acknowledge. You knew who had fallen, by whom, and how.

PLAYER ELIMINATED: Jon Kent/Superboy
FATE: Wounded by HABIT

@Jeremi @Takumi @Capri @Lucky @Yun Lee @Crunch

It wasn't enought. She wasn't enough. She felt as if she just lost her own child in the span of a second, and as HABIT was suddenly being pounced on, she didn't even want to stop them.

HABIT, Adam, Major Bison, The Goddess. All of them could burn in the depths of Hell for all she cared. Her eyes practically glowing in her fury as her tail flicked in agitation behind her. She contemplated leaving the HABIT here, but glanced down at Jon's still body. A snarl rumbled in her chest, pained and angry.

Hesitating for a moment, she curled almost protectively over the body as chaos sprung up around them, a low sound of grief eminating from her.

Seeing as HABIT tried to charge for Damien, she moved to swipe at him with her tail to throw him off course and away from the teen.

Her gaze landed on those that remained in the group whether it worked or not.

"I'm ready to move on and get this over with. As much as I'd love to try and tear HABIT apart myself, there's someone else that needs to be taken care of." She spoke coldly, eyes practically glowing in anger. Billy already left, but she wouldn't abandon what was left of their shambles of a 'team' that so far had stayed out of the fray.

@Sark @Jeremi @Minerva @Capri @Lucky

"I mean... you could always give it a try?" Jon chirped. "What's the worst than can happen? My mom says that you miss all the shots that you don't take. You never know if you don't try!"

Damian stared blankly at Atlantiades' performance. After a confused, silent moment, he opened his mouth to speak again.
View attachment 6491
"If you had the enough weapons and armor to survive this place, you wouldn't be coming to use for help. You'd just march on through our territory, no questions asked. The only weapons I need are the ones in my hands. More armor would just slow me down. Besides. We've built quite the armory over the years. We don't need any more trophies."

"The last woman I kissed died by my hands..." Kaine muttered.
View attachment 6492
"Touch me and you'll share her fate. It's that simple."

"We're wasting precious time!" Adam growled. "We could have killed them by now!"

"Cripes..."

"You need to more careful when it comes to choosing friends, Frost," Damian slowly drew his sword. He parted his feet and lowered his stance. He kept his eyes fixed on Adam's position. "You've brought the devil to our doorstep!"

Atreus retreated behind Atlantiades. He carefully threaded an arrow through his bow and hid behind Karinith. Crimson rubbed her temples and sighed.

Time was flying.
8 hours and 45 minutes remained.

@Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Capri @Crunch @Lucky

"You really have been here long." Atlantiades looked nonplussed at the the two. "I only offered in a gesture of good faith. If you don't need them then you don't."

Sensing Atreus behind them the Goddess of Love turned their head around to give him an assuring smile. "Don't worry I won't let any harm befall you or anyone el-" And then chaos erupted around them.

HABIT
@Sark @Jeremi @Takumi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Crunch

HABIT grabbed his machete and slashed between the legs of Crimson Viper, before attempting to get up and kill C. Viper with his machete.

"This is more like it..." HABIT said, lunging at Damian with his machete ready to slice him open.

"Stay behind cover and do not move." Their tone was soothing but it had an authority behind it befitting their stature as Atlantiades spoke to Atreus. To them there was only one way to calm the situation. Down the trouble maker. As Habit was busy with Viper and Damien Atlantiades used Mila's attack to blast off their throne into the air to then slam down feet first unto Habit from above. If successful they'd stand on top of him one foot on his spine and the other on their neck.

@Takumi @Yun Lee @Capri @Crunch @Lucky

FLAMING FOREST
HABIT wasn't fighting kids anymore. He was going toe-to-toe with a pair of trained fighters. One, a trained government agent and street fighter, equipped from head to toe with experimental tech. The other, a trained assassin with the blood of legends flowing through his veins. Viper's heel came crashing down upon the flat face of HABIT's machete as she jumped over his swipe. She pinned it to the earth as she landed, spraying the boy with a stream of fire from her heel for good measure.

"It's not as easy when they're fighting back, is it??"
Crimson screamed as she struck HABIT's freshly-healed jaw with a roundhouse kick. "KID-KILLER!"
Seeing as HABIT tried to charge for Damien, she moved to swipe at him with her tail to throw him off course and away from the teen.
Her gaze landed on those that remained in the group whether it worked or not.
"Stay behind cover and do not move." Their tone was soothing but it had an authority behind it befitting their stature as Atlantiades spoke to Atreus. To them there was only one way to calm the situation. Down the trouble maker. As Habit was busy with Viper and Damien Atlantiades used Mila's attack to blast off their throne into the air to then slam down feet first unto Habit from above. If successful they'd stand on top of him one foot on his spine and the other on their neck.
HABIT
@Sark @Takumi @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Crunch @Lucky

Following both Mila and Atlantiades's attack, HABIT teleported himself to where Damien once was, and Damien to where he once was, so Atlantiades would kill Damien.

Besides, it's not like Atlantiades could actually kill HABIT.
Atreus nodded in response to Atlantiades' commands and fell back, dropping his arrow in the process.

As HABIT- still recovering from Mila and Atlantiade's attacks- appeared before Damian, he would find a sudden stinging pain in his gut. Robin slowly opened his eyes.

"Not the first to try."
He muttered emptily. He twisted his blade into the Demon's stomach. "Not the last."

Wedging his sword like a lever, he tossed HABIT into one of the forest's flaming trees. A mighty fist came crashing down into his rips.

"BIZARRO AM VERY CALM WITH YOU!"
View attachment 6502
"BIZZARO CAN SHOW HOW RELAXED BIZZARO IS! ME AM LOVE YOU!!!"

[BOOM!]

Bizzaro's fist came pounding down upon HABIT's chest.
[BOOM!]
He struck him again.
[BOOM!]
And again. And again. And again. And again.

"ME AM LOVE YOU!!!!"

@Jeremi @Takumi @Capri

HABIT
@Sark @Jeremi @Takumi

Bizarro would soon be doing nothing but punching a flaming tree, as HABIT teleported behind him.

"That all ya got?" HABIT taunted, "FIGHT ME LIKE A MAN!"
Turning at a speed faster than that of a bullet, Bizzaro turned on the post and planted a punch with all the force of a freight train upon HABIT's forehead. Surging forth at the speed of light, a chilling, optic blast roared forth from the creature's eyes. Bizzaro glass-froze the boy's arm before he could teleport away.

"DO TAUNT BIZARRO! BIZARRO LOVE TAUNTS! KEEP TAUNTING BIZARRO!!"

@Jeremi @Takumi @Capri

HABIT
@Sark @Jeremi @Takumi

Before Bizarro would collide with HABIT, he would teleport Bizarro to Crimson Viper's location, causing all the damage that would have been done to HABIT to be done to Crimson Viper.​

HABIT
@Sark @Jeremi @Takumi

Before Bizarro would collide with HABIT, he would teleport Bizarro to Crimson Viper's location, causing all the damage that would have been done to HABIT to be done to Crimson Viper.​

This was a disaster...Atlantiades wasn't quite sure what to do right now. They turned to the others. "While I only planned to leave him strung up for the others to deal with, but right now..." They looked over to Mila specifically as they spoke next. Though they didn't want to just flee. Considering they were the ones who came in with this snake. "What do you want to do?"

@Takumi @Capri @Sark

This was a disaster...Atlantiades wasn't quite sure what to do right now. They turned to the others. "While I only planned to leave him strung up for the others to deal with, but right now..." They looked over to Mila specifically as they spoke next. Though they didn't want to just flee. Considering they were the ones who came in with this snake. "What do you want to do?"

@Takumi @Capri @Sark

"If he wishes to keep fighting, let him." She growled softly, curling up tighter around Jon's body.

"Staying here is pointless, we have a mission to complete, but before that Bison needs to be torn apart." Her voice rumbled like thunder, lip curled and teeth glinting in the light of the flaming trees of the forest.

"I don't want anymore of you putting yourselves in danger trying to stop that reckless child that insists on playing dress up as a god." She spat venomously.

"I doubt we could convince Viper and Damian to fall back, but..." She trailed off, glancing down to Jon yet again. Jon died for Damian, the least she could do was keep the other from dying.

Standing a moment, she tried to pinpoint where Damian was amongst the chaos still standing protectively over Jon.

@Sark @Jeremi @Minerva @Capri

Last edited:
@Takumi @Capri @Sark @Jeremi

"Fucking N'wah!" Karinith shouted. "I'll end this here."

She tossed more Wards towards Mila, Viper, and Damian. She then grabbed the hand of Atreus. "Come on, let's go." She said. "I'll stall him."

She would cast Blizzard, covering the area in snow.​

@Takumi @Capri @Sark @Jeremi

"Fucking N'wah!" Karinith shouted. "I'll end this here."

She tossed more Wards towards Mila, Viper, and Damian. She then grabbed the hand of Atreus. "Come on, let's go." She said. "I'll stall him."

She would cast Blizzard, covering the area in snow.
The relationship between the Mutliverse's Arena's and Magic had always been a complex one. In Murderworld, all the healed armed, and all that harmed healed. Underworld, however, was slightly different. As chosen by some divine hand, Karinith's blizzard roared far louder than it had ever done before. In a flash of white, her icy storm engulfed both the Flaming Forest and the Wetlands in wind and snow. There was nowhere to run. There was nowhere to hide.

A few moments later, a warm northern breeze thawed the air enough for the Flaming Forest to ignite once again. In the haze of smoke and steam, only a single, protected figure remained. Bizarro- a cold blooded creature- stood alone in the tundra. HABIT- frozen and shattered by a deadly fusion of arctic-vision and an all-encompassing frozen storm- laid dead at his feet. Magik, unprotected by one of Karinith's Ward, shared their fate.

PLAYER ELIMINATED: HABIT
FATE: Glass-Frozen by Bizarro and Karinith

PLAYER ELIMINATED: Magik
FATE: Glass-Frozen by Karinith

View attachment 6516
"Bizarro's heart am light..." The Man-Mountain sulked. He approached the shards of Illyana that had settled upon the bed of snow. "Bizarro don't wish he could say hello..." His rubbed his hands over the shards, burring them in the slush. He stood back up to his full height and turned back to the Old Gods.

"They... alive...." He frowned. "Bizarro's worstest enemies... alive..."

GODDESS II// FATE OF THE OLD GODS// CHAOS WAR THIS WASN'T SUPPOSED TO--
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CHAMPIONS OF THE ARENA 3: BIZARROVERSE
Chapter 2?: History Rhymes

Number of Survivors: 22 Number of Dead: 98,210 Hours until Extinction: 8 Time: 10:23pm
Bizarro retreated back into the flaming forest, his shoulders slumping and his head hanging low. He still had a friend of two deep in the woods. With protectors gone, the children would need him now more than ever. Without another word, he lumped through the haze and vanished from sight.
View attachment 6518
"I hope you're proud of yourselves," Frost scowled. "Blood on the sand. Blood on the snow. And for what? The want of a tank of water? The want of a chunk of meet. Petty bastards... the lot of you..." He released a long pent-up sigh. There was no use in starting another fight. It was everybody's fault. They were all to blame. Frost sighed and folded his arms. He hunched his back over and marched into Flaming Forest. "I'm done with this. I'm just... done. I thought things were gonna be different. Guess I set my hopes too high. You're on your own. Try not too get anyone else killed."

He vanished in the smog.

"And then there were 7..." Viper hummed to herself as Adam descended from his spot above the storm. "A child, a spy, an assassin, a psychopath, a dragon, a knight and a 'god'..." She dusted the snow from her pant let and made her way back towards the wider party. "Let's go get your friend and get out of here... I'm just... I'm sick of this place..."

Damian cautiously approached Jon's body, careful not to disturb Mila. He knelt down beside the boy, parting the layer of ice that had settled upon his chest. He didn't deserve to be cold. He delicately removed Superboy's cape and wrapped it around his fist. He planted a kiss on his forehead and turned to leave.
He wouldn't waste any more time. No more 'playing it safe'. It was time kill Bison. It was time he escaped the arena.
Too much. There was too much happening right now. He couldn’t focus, couldn’t concentrate on anything. Directions. Frost had given them. Three hours and time we ticking by. There was nothing that said he needed to stay with either team. Ally yourself didn’t mean remain with them. Time was precious. He was losing it fast. If he got to the place.... no the spot where he died then he could just as easily get back here with time to spare. Just follow the directions. Breathe. Breathe. Billy bolted to follow the path to the wetlands. The long way.... but it was better. He was better alone. Running was better.... it was all he had ever known
WETLANDS ICELANDS--> LIFELANDS
Even with his great speed, the journey across the Wetlands was still long and arduous. The air itself seemed to weigh Shazam down, making flying impractical, if not impossible. The ground was wet and sticky. His boots got heavier with each passing step. He kept marching slower... slower... slow... The cold storm caught him by surprise. Warmed by the lightning in his veins, Billy was unaffected by the snow and hail. The mud on his foots? It wasn't so lucky. It hardened and stiffened in an instant. It was like walking with cinder-blocks on his feet. The frozen ground was slippery. It was impossible maintain traction.

It wasn't long before the wider party caught up with him. Damian placed himself beneath Shazam's arm and raised him up. Using his sword as a wedge, he steadily helped the hero across the Icelands.

The Ice wasn't melting away any time soon. Time, however, was...
Exhausted and coated in ice and mud, it took Old Gods another 2 and a half hours to reach the coast. The Lifelands- lush and overflowing with life and light- proved to be a different story. It's land was soft underfoot. The air was somehow booth warm and cool at the same time. Unaffected by the storm, the Lifelands provided the Old Gods with some much needed shelter from the elements.

After a further hour of walking, the Old Gods reached the coast. Billy was face to face with an all too familiar scene. A bridge of ice stretched across the open sea, connecting the Lifelands to the Insect Kingdom. It seemed to stop at the base of that fateful cliff he knew all too well. Warmed by the slowly thawing Flaming Forest, the bridge was starting to break apart. With their air still weighing down the team's flyers, the Old Gods were faced with a simple choice-- brave the bridge, swim, or waste even more time constructing a raft.

@Jeremi @Takumi @Lucky
"...hm." Gill noticed the deaths, and looked to Urien. "The child has been slain," he said. He had not known the child personally, but it was a tragedy nonetheless. "I have no doubt that will make things far more difficult for our own side. Time is of the essence, now more than ever. Whatever we do, we must be discreet about it. With a boy's death heavy on the hearts of those on this island still clinging to morality, they will come for those within the flaming forest. Allow them to cause the largest row over their desire for vengeance."

He paused, looking to Urien. An arrogant fool, but his brother even so. And a charismatic man. How would the forces of the Godless respond to his return from the dead? "We have a common enemy, one that threatens our Society and all we've worked for. Kolin I had put my trust in, but we all know the ways of mortals. They are prideful and self-serving, no matter how pious they may be. Things will never return to how they once were before the Goddess arrived. But we have the ability to shape the world into the way we want. This will be our last day on this island. You and I shall escape this place, and we shall eliminate Bison and the Goddess once and for all." A pause. "I wonder, Urien...do you suppose the tongue of a Goddess would count as a holy relic?"

@Sark
JUNGLE--> WATERFALL
A common foe isn't enough to make us brothers again, Gill...
Urien growled, avoiding his brother's eye as they traced the trail of blood. I'm not part of the ignorant masses you so easily sway. You cannot win my faith with honey coated words and bold promises. I've heard such claims before. I've made such claims before. I didn't believe them then. I don't believe them now. Don't give me false-hope, Emperor. That high is the last thing need now...

Still. Gill's words had stirred something within the Silent One. Perhaps he simply enjoyed having his ego stroked. He hadn't surrounded himself with sycophants for far long. He had forgotten what it felt like to be recognized as separate from the 'proud', 'self-serving' masses. A smile curled beneath his scarf.

Fine. He huffed through his teeth. I'll humor you. Many would regard the tongue of a Goddess to be something beyond a Holy Relic. The flesh of a so-called 'Living God'... What are you planning, Gill?"

"
Yes, what is the plan?" A taunting voice called over the roar of the river. As the mouth of the waterfall emerged from between between the trees, a figure- coated in blood and dirt- threw his arms wide. A wounded figure laid at his feet on the other side of the riverbank. Her eyes were wide and glassy, but Cammy White was breathing.
View attachment 6519
"Care to share it with the class? I'm sure we're all dying to find out what you and your lovely friends out East are planning!" The Reverse Flash kicked Cammy's ribs again for good measure. "Go on. Speak up. You have a captive audience!"

@Yun Lee
TIME REMAINING: 4 hours 30 minutes remaining!
***​

The relationship between the Mutliverse's Arena's and Magic had always been a complex one. In Murderworld, all the healed armed, and all that harmed healed. Underworld, however, was slightly different. As chosen by some divine hand, Karinith's blizzard roared far louder than it had ever done before. In a flash of white, her icy storm engulfed both the Flaming Forest and the Wetlands in wind and snow. There was nowhere to run. There was nowhere to hide.

A few moments later, a warm northern breeze thawed the air enough for the Flaming Forest to ignite once again. In the haze of smoke and steam, only a single, protected figure remained. Bizarro- a cold blooded creature- stood alone in the tundra. HABIT- frozen and shattered by a deadly fusion of arctic-vision and an all-encompassing frozen storm- laid dead at his feet. Magik, unprotected by one of Karinith's Ward, shared their fate.

View attachment 6516
"Bizarro's heart am light..." The Man-Mountain sulked. He approached the shards of Illyana that had settled upon the bed of snow. "Bizarro don't wish he could say hello..." His rubbed his hands over the shards, burring them in the slush. He stood back up to his full height and turned back to the Old Gods.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Number of Survivors: 22 Number of Dead: 98,210 Hours until Extinction: 8 Time: 10:23pm
Bizarro retreated back into the flaming forest, his shoulders slumping and his head hanging low. He still had a friend of two deep in the woods. With protectors gone, the children would need him now more than ever. Without another word, he lumped through the haze and vanished from sight.
View attachment 6518
"I hope you're proud of yourselves," Frost scowled. "Blood on the sand. Blood on the snow. And for what? The want of a tank of water? The want of a chunk of meet. Petty bastards... the lot of you..." He released a long pent-up sigh. There was no use in starting another fight. It was everybody's fault. They were all to blame. Frost sighed and folded his arms. He hunched his back over and marched into Flaming Forest. "I'm done with this. I'm just... done. I thought things were gonna be different. Guess I set my hopes too high. You're on your own. Try not too get anyone else killed."

He vanished in the smog.

"And then there were 7..." Viper hummed to herself as Adam descended from his spot above the storm. "A child, a spy, an assassin, a psychopath, a dragon, a knight and a 'god'..." She dusted the snow from her pant let and made her way back towards the wider party. "Let's go get your friend and get out of here... I'm just... I'm sick of this place..."

Damian cautiously approached Jon's body, careful not to disturb Mila. He knelt down beside the boy, parting the layer of ice that had settled upon his chest. He didn't deserve to be cold. He delicately removed Superboy's cape and wrapped it around his fist. He planted a kiss on his forehead and turned to leave.
He wouldn't waste any more time. No more 'playing it safe'. It was time kill Bison. It was time he escaped the arena.

Even with his great speed, the journey across the Wetlands was still long and arduous. The air itself seemed to weigh Shazam down, making flying impractical, if not impossible. The ground was wet and sticky. His boots got heavier with each passing step. He kept marching slower... slower... slow... The cold storm caught him by surprise. Warmed by the lightning in his veins, Billy was unaffected by the snow and hail. The mud on his foots? It wasn't so lucky. It hardened and stiffened in an instant. It was like walking with cinder-blocks on his feet. The frozen ground was slippery. It was impossible maintain traction.

It wasn't long before the wider party caught up with him. Damian placed himself beneath Shazam's arm and raised him up. Using his sword as a wedge, he steadily helped the hero across the Icelands.

Exhausted and coated in ice and mud, it took Old Gods another 2 and a half hours to reach the coast. The Lifelands- lush and overflowing with life and light- proved to be a different story. It's land was soft underfoot. The air was somehow booth warm and cool at the same time. Unaffected by the storm, the Lifelands provided the Old Gods with some much needed shelter from the elements.

After a further hour of walking, the Old Gods reached the coast. Billy was face to face with an all too familiar scene. A bridge of ice stretched across the open sea, connecting the Lifelands to the Insect Kingdom. It seemed to stop at the base of that fateful cliff he knew all too well. Warmed by the slowly thawing Flaming Forest, the bridge was starting to break apart. With their air still weighing down the team's flyers, the Old Gods were faced with a simple choice-- brave the bridge, swim, or waste even more time constructing a raft.

@Jeremi @Takumi @Lucky

JUNGLE--> WATERFALL
Urien growled, avoiding his brother's eye as they traced the trail of blood. I'm not part of the ignorant masses you so easily sway. You cannot win my faith with honey coated words and bold promises. I've heard such claims before. I've made such claims before. I didn't believe them then. I don't believe them now. Don't give me false-hope, Emperor. That high is the last thing need now...

Still. Gill's words had stirred something within the Silent One. Perhaps he simply enjoyed having his ego stroked. He hadn't surrounded himself with sycophants for far long. He had forgotten what it felt like to be recognized as separate from the 'proud', 'self-serving' masses. A smile curled beneath his scarf.

Fine. He huffed through his teeth. I'll humor you. Many would regard the tongue of a Goddess to be something beyond a Holy Relic. The flesh of a so-called 'Living God'... What are you planning, Gill?"

"
Yes, what is the plan?" A taunting voice called over the roar of the river. As the mouth of the waterfall emerged from between between the trees, a figure- coated in blood and dirt- threw his arms wide. A wounded figure laid at his feet on the other side of the riverbank. Her eyes were wide and glassy, but Cammy White was breathing.
View attachment 6519
"Care to share it with the class? I'm sure we're all dying to find out what you and your lovely friends out East are planning!" The Reverse Flash kicked Cammy's ribs again for good measure. "Go on. Speak up. You have a captive audience!"

@Yun Lee
***​

This had turned into a real disaster. Atlantiades had hoped that for once carnage and bloodshed wasn't going to follow them but that was foolish of them to think. The journey for them was a quiet and somber one as they did their best to protect Atreus from the elements. As they reached the bridge Atlantiades figured there was one thing to do.

hXFDD5t.png

"We've wasted enough time already," They replied. "I'll attempt the bridge first to see if it's structurally sound. When we know it's safe you'll follow after me." They turned over to Mila. "If it's not too much of a bother, watch over Atreus." With that, the Goddess of Love attempted to brave the bridge alone.​

@Sark @Jeremi @Takumi @Lucky

View attachment 6516

View attachment 6518

He vanished in the smog.

@Jeremi @Takumi @Lucky

JUNGLE--> WATERFALL

"
View attachment 6519

@Yun Lee
***​

As Frost chewed into the group and made his turn to leave, she didn't try to stop him, watching him go almost sadly. She had always been a bit closer to humans than her brother,and it pained her to see them hurt and killed.

Perhaps he'd have called Jon strong, or perhaps he'd have called him a foolish boy who simply died before he could become strong. Either way, it didn't matter what that bastard would've thought. He wasn't here, he wouldn't have completely understood.

Mila eyed Damian as he approached, but simply gave the other a slight now of the head in acknowledgement. She watched his actions, and when he turned to leave, she gently nudged Jon's body before lifting her head.

As the group came to the ice bridge, she eyed it for a moment, thoughtfully. She doubted it could hold her weight, but if they crossed the ice bridge she'd change forms.

This had turned into a real disaster. Atlantiades had hoped that for once carnage and bloodshed wasn't going to follow them but that was foolish of them to think. The journey for them was a quiet and somber one as they did their best to protect Atreus from the elements. As they reached the bridge Atlantiades figured there was one thing to do.

hXFDD5t.png

"We've wasted enough time already," They replied. "I'll attempt the bridge first to see if it's structurally sound. When we know it's safe you'll follow after me." They turned over to Mila. "If it's not too much of a bother, watch over Atreus." With that, the Goddess of Love attempted to brave the bridge alone.​

@Sark @Jeremi @Takumi @Lucky

"I'll watch over him. Be careful." Mila replied. She stood protectively near Atreus, tail half curled around the boy as she spoke.

While Atlantiades went to test the ice bridge, she took a look at the area, watching for any threats that could be near.

@Sark @Jeremi @Minerva @Lucky

"We've wasted enough time already," They replied. "I'll attempt the bridge first to see if it's structurally sound. When we know it's safe you'll follow after me." They turned over to Mila. "If it's not too much of a bother, watch over Atreus." With that, the Goddess of Love attempted to brave the bridge alone.

As Frost chewed into the group and made his turn to leave, she didn't try to stop him, watching him go almost sadly. She had always been a bit closer to humans than her brother,and it pained her to see them hurt and killed.

Perhaps he'd have called Jon strong, or perhaps he'd have called him a foolish boy who simply died before he could become strong. Either way, it didn't matter what that bastard would've thought. He wasn't here, he wouldn't have completely understood.

Mila eyed Damian as he approached, but simply gave the other a slight now of the head in acknowledgement. She watched his actions, and when he turned to leave, she gently nudged Jon's body before lifting her head.

As the group came to the ice bridge, she eyed it for a moment, thoughtfully. She doubted it could hold her weight, but if they crossed the ice bridge she'd change forms.

"I'll watch over him. Be careful." Mila replied. She stood protectively near Atreus, tail half curled around the boy as she spoke.

While Atlantiades went to test the ice bridge, she took a look at the area, watching for any threats that could be near.

@Sark @Jeremi @Minerva @Lucky
ICE BRIDGE
"Careful?" Atreus muttered to himself, unable to hide the concern in his voice. "No... She needs to come back... We need to get her back!"
tenor.gif

"Atlantiades!" The boy howled, sprinting to the edge of the coast. "Atlantiades! Stop you're too h---"

[CRACK]

A great white crack spread out across the first bridge, severing, severing it in two at its halfway point. Throwing caution to the wind, Atreus sprinted onto the drifting bridge. In his eagerness to reach the Old God, he slipped and skidded towards the bridge's end. His fall was enough to crack the bridge some more. By the time he scrambled to his feet, the bridge had drifted apart to form 4 separate pieces.

The first segment clung to the coast beside Viper, Adam, Damian, Mila, Karinith and Billy.

The second was drifting Eastward towards the Horizon. This piece was slowly breaking apart under Atlantiades' weight.

The third was drifting Northwards towards the Insect Kingdom. Atreus was light enough not to break his thin, floating platform, but he was also weak to paddle against the tide. The waves were slowly pushing him further and further away from the Old Gods.

The forth and largest piece remained fixed to the base of the distant cliff. It seemed to be much more durable than its smaller satellites.

A stoic figure watched the Old Gods from the edge of the Insect Kingdom. He arms were folded. His eyes were alive with a crimson glow. With so little time remaining, it was curious that he was wasting so much of it watching the Old Gods.

"What are you waiting for?" Crimson hissed at Adam. "Go help them!"

"Me?" Adam chuckled, a smarmy grin clinging to his face. "No. The Gravity here is... abnormal. To fly is to dive." He pointed to the crackling lightning bolt on his chest. "And only a buffoon would enter the water when he lighting flowing through his veins."

"Fine!" Viper snapped, removing her jacket and gloves. "I'll help. Trust a mortal to do a 'god's' work for him."

"Do not play upon my pride, woman. Go freeze to death." Adam shrugged. "Perhaps you'll get lucky. Perhaps the cold will numb your nerves before gravity drags to you down to the coral."

"You've made your point, Adam..." She grunted.

"Mila..." Damian turned away from their squabbling allied. "What's our next move?"

Time remaining: 4 hours 15 minutes

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Minerva @Crunch @Lucky

ICE BRIDGE
"Careful?" Atreus muttered to himself, unable to hide the concern in his voice. "No... She needs to come back... We need to get her back!"
tenor.gif

"Atlantiades!" The boy howled, sprinting to the edge of the coast. "Atlantiades! Stop you're too h---"

[CRACK]

A great white crack spread out across the first bridge, severing, severing it in two at its halfway point. Throwing caution to the wind, Atreus sprinted onto the drifting bridge. In his eagerness to reach the Old God, he slipped and skidded towards the bridge's end. His fall was enough to crack the bridge some more. By the time he scrambled to his feet, the bridge had drifted apart to form 4 separate pieces.

The first segment clung to the coast beside Viper, Adam, Damian, Mila, Karinith and Billy.

The second was drifting Eastward towards the Horizon. This piece was slowly breaking apart under Atlantiades' weight.

The third was drifting Northwards towards the Insect Kingdom. Atreus was light enough not to break his thin, floating platform, but he was also weak to paddle against the tide. The waves were slowly pushing him further and further away from the Old Gods.

The forth and largest piece remained fixed to the base of the distant cliff. It seemed to be much more durable than its smaller satellites.

A stoic figure watched the Old Gods from the edge of the Insect Kingdom. He arms were folded. His eyes were alive with a crimson glow. With so little time remaining, it was curious that he was wasting so much of it watching the Old Gods.

"What are you waiting for?" Crimson hissed at Adam. "Go help them!"

"Me?" Adam chuckled, a smarmy grin clinging to his face. "No. The Gravity here is... abnormal. To fly is to dive." He pointed to the crackling lightning bolt on his chest. "And only a buffoon would enter the water when he lighting flowing through his veins."

"Fine!" Viper snapped, removing her jacket and gloves. "I'll help. Trust a mortal to do a 'god's' work for him."

"Do not play upon my pride, woman. Go freeze to death." Adam shrugged. "Perhaps you'll get lucky. Perhaps the cold will numb your nerves before gravity drags to you down to the coral."

"You've made your point, Adam..." She grunted.

"Mila..." Damian turned away from their squabbling allied. "What's our next move?"

Time remaining: 4 hours 15 minutes

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Minerva @Crunch @Lucky

Mila was nearly in the water when Damian spoke to her. Frowning, she glanced to Atreus and Atlantiades began to float further and further away.

"I had planned to try and get to the boy myself. I've already failed one, I don't..." She trailed off with a shake of her head, she didn't want to fail another child so soon, if ever. If she died in the process, it didn't matter as long as the rest were safe.

She told Atlantiades she'd look out for the boy, and damnit she would do her best. She told Jon she'd protect him, and he had believed that she'd protect their group, and she'd die trying. Fuck the Goddess and fuck Bison, they were secondary to the group's survival.

@Sark @Lucky @Minerva @Jeremi

Back