Side Story The Goddess II: Fate of the Old Gods

Heads. A golden light burned the retinas of Beau and Silque. With the light, came heat. With heat, came agony. Screams filled their lungs. Terror filled their hearts. After one, final, seemingly endless moment of life, the spark of the Goddess that lingered within the pair was extinguished like the light of a candle pinched between two great, golden fingers. With their light stolen, the emerald foundations that held their souls in place came tumbling down.

They saw nothing. They felt nothing. They thought nothing.
Yet behind the silence.
Behind the numbness, behind the void...
They felt a certain longing.
A certain sensation.
If they focused the faint afterglow of his essence...
They could hear the hum of a distant war...
A war that had been raging in the dimming heavens for the past 7 years.
They found themselves drifting towards the site where it had all began.
They found himself Hellbound.
Silque and Beau have fallen. Long live Silque and Beau.
Henry's story will continue with the Old Gods in Chapter 5: The Chaos War.

Tails. A golden light burned the retinas of Jester. With the light, came heat. With heat, came agony. Screams filled their lungs. Terror filled their hearts. After one, final, seemingly endless moment of life, the spark of the Goddess that lingered within the pair was extinguished like the light of a candle pinched between two great, golden fingers. In the absence of the Goddess' light, a vacuum formed. They breathed in deeply. A cold wind flushed through their lungs. With a cough and a splutter, Jester's eyes recovered. Jester had survived. The Goddess hold over them had, at long last, been broken. They were free.

The Goddess raised her hand to deflect Alice's attack. For a being as Divine and Radiant as she, enduring a strike from a flaming knife was as simple as saying the right word, or thinking the right thought. It was simple. Easy. And yet, when she raised her hand to brush aside the Phoenix's strike, no invisible shields came to her aid. No great winds rushed to her defense. There were no fireworks. No miracles. Alice's knife pierced Goddess' hand, pinning his wounded appendage to his forehead. An'Lu'Munus' jaw swung loose. Her eye grey eyelids twitched. As flames crept across her stolen face, sizzling the decaying flesh of the man once called Izana, the supposed deity could only muster an utterance of confusion.

"How...?"

Alice's Lantern burned with a greater vibrancy than it ever had before. It's crimson steel casing smoked and rattled against the Phoenix's side. Despite its rapidly its rapidly raising temperature, the flaming cruicible brought her no pain. Only power. Raging, burning, hateful power.

"HOW?!?"

A snappy retort was brewing in the snarkiest depths of Alice Swayne's mind. Before she could share her much-anticipated comeback, however, a new sensation besieged her; brain freeze. A numb, stabbing pain seized her thoughts, throttling them before they could reach her tongue. Her teeth chattered, her chest grew heavy. In a matter of seconds, an icy prism had encapsulated the Phoenix. The chill extinguished her flames.
Fire had met ice. Alice had met Kolin.
View attachment 10320
"Crimson has been silenced," Kolin remarked with an attitude as cold as the element she commanded. She discarded her bloodstained gloves indifference, and made her way to the Goddess' side. "I encountered resistance. I... dealt with it."

"Ah... Kolin..."
The Goddess wheezed, falling upon her servant's shoulder for support. "I exalt you."

"You're hurt, Mother..."
Kolin fell silent, disbelief consuming her. "She hurt you."

"
It is nothing, my child." The Goddess cooed weekly. "It's only this body, it's only this vessel, it's only Izana. The Chaos War... It demands my full attention. My True Body calls to me once again."

"Of course, Mother. These Wayward Sons... they are unworthy of your attention." The Servant hissed in obedience. "Allow me to tend to your garden. The Chosen and I, we can---"

"Kolin, Kolin, Kolin..." The Goddess hummed. "You honor me. But those who linger here... they're are unworthy of even the least of us. Do not hate them. Pity them. They'll see the error of their ways soon enough. In time, they shall all be Chosen."

"It Shall Be As It Is Willed, Mother."

"Their ranks have been thinned enough. We have gathered their fallen for the battle to come. The Wings of their Rebellion have been clipped--" The Goddess snapped her fingers. Her hold over Flayn and Eli faded. The pair struck the cracked concrete of the Great Hall with an unnerving crack. "We came here for a reason greater than some... senseless slaughter. Leave them be. We're going."

"Of course, Mother..." The Cryomancer knelt before her Lady. "Of course."

"Let this me a lesson to you all..." The Goddess trumpeted, her strength returning. "I am Mistress of Mercy, untouched by malice. Tonight, I grant you your lives..." The Moon returned to its place in orbit. "Tonight, I grant you your freedom. I do so with the knowledge that you will one day choose the chains of servitude I once offered you. I do so with the knowledge you will one day beg for the Order I bring. Until that day comes, go and lick your wounds. Bury your dead. Our paths will cross again soon... I swear it...."

In a flash of emerald, the Goddess and her loyal chosen vanished from view. A chilling silence crept across the hall. The once vibrant and lively hall was now all too quiet and dead. Eli brushed the soot and filth from his jacket.

"Who do we have left...?" He coughed, raising himself up off of the floor with his one, good arm. "Who do we have left, damn it!?"
THE CHAOS WAR
FINALE I/II

View attachment 10321
Beneath the veil of the heavens, there exists a place of wickedness. It's a place of torture and torment, of sin and selfishness. Ruled by the vile and mad, this world is know to most as 'the Earth'. Beneath the crust of that detestable place lies a place fouler still. This place is reserved by those set themselves apart from the masses of evildoers who roam the worlds above. Those who slip down bellow are reprobates. Through their twisted deeds, they have removed themselves from any promises of salvation, sanctity or forgiveness. This place is known to most as Hell, though such a name is scarcely used nowadays. Not since the Chosen came. Not since Big Mother plunged the already mad world into an even deeper state of madness. The Chosen turned Hell into a battlefield. It's endless, dry planes had the yoke of strategic importance thrust upon them. The Home of the Worthless was suddenly invaluable to an unseen faction or two.

To the Goddess, this land is known as the N3, the Third Negative Dimension. The Souls claimed by those loyal the Goddess are damned to the depths of the N1 to live out the rest of their endless existences under the thumb of her heartless Inquisitors. Whilst the dogmatic followers of An'Lu'Munus see a city under the absolute, undefinable rule of the Goddess' Emerald Law as a virgin paradise, those who find themselves unwilling to comply or submit find themselves trapped beneath an iron fist.

Many submit to the law of the N3 out of an insurmountable fear of the horrors that lurk beyond the city's walls. In Mephsito's absence, new powers have risen to fill his vacuum. Beyond the city's walls, Chaos walks, and Chaos kills.

When the Goddess called for her righteous to expand the borders of her Timeless Realm, what pious followers could refuse? It was the Goddess' will; it wasn't their place to question it, only to see it done. Propelled by some twisted sense of manifest destiny, the forces of the Goddess' Crusaders have marched westward against the forces of Hell and their Leader, a creature who's name they dare not mutter.

At the head of this army stands a band of Inquisitor ready to repel all who defy the will of their Lady. Once rebellious and vain, the sinners were forgiven by their Emerald Queen. Their minds were 'fixed'. They were reborn in her grace, loyal, obedient, zealous and good.

But all of that is about to come to an end. Somewhere, out there, in the wild and wondrous multiverse, a knife as been plunged into the forehead of one of the Goddess' mortal hosts. The Emerald Empress is distracted. With her endless intellect drawn away from her war down bellow, its only natural that a soul or two might slip between her fingers.. Its only natural that a soul or two might be set fr---

[BOOM!!!]

Fire and brimstone shatter the ridge before you. Blood and soil splatter across your face. For the first time a century of timeless warfare, you find yourself flinching, hesitating. You cough. You wheeze. You wipe the dirt from your tongue as best you can. You turn to the Crusade to your right for support, for some extra ammunition. He doesn't respond. You turn him over. You barely recognize recognize him beneath the scars and shrapnel that stain his once oh so beautiful face. You let him go. His lip body slides down the hill. Another Crusader takes his place, throwing his shoulder against the bloody stain your comrade had once laid upon. He screams something in you general direction. You stare straight through him.
View attachment 10322
"---! ----! ----!"
He grabs your shoulder. He's trying to shake some sense back into you. Your eyes are still glassy, still hollow. You can barely remember where you are, where you're fighting. Before you can ask the Crusader, another burst of fire shakes the battlefield. A bullet catches your brother in arms. His injury seems slight at first. He barely reacts. Not until its too late. His grip upon you weakens. He falls back into the dirt, his empty eyes pointing skyward, searching for a Goddess who never showed up. His lips flutter into a silent pray. A heart beat later, he's still.

One look in his eyes is all it takes. It all comes flooding back to you. All of it.

The War in the Arena. The War in Valla. You remember it all.
You remember your death. You remember your failure. Your damnation.
Weapon in hand, you march of the ridge. In the corner of your eye, you see some familiar faces. You see the Gods, alongside whom you had defended Atlantis, alongside whom you had died in Bison's arena. You see the Returned, alongside whom you had cheated death once before, alongside whom you rescued Flayn from the heart of the Empire, alongside whom you had fallen in Valla's Great Hall. They're senses are returning to them too. They're remembering who they are.

They're remembering who's side their on.

You're free from the Goddess' control. You're no longer her slave. You'll fight her war no longer.
The Legions of Hell stand before you. The Legions of the Goddess march behind you.
Alone you stand, trapped between the devil and the deep blue sea.
Fate has left you with naught but one option;
Fight.
The Chaos War has begun.

@Jeremi - Atlantiades
@Jeremi - Valkyrie
@Takumi - Silque
@Lucky - Beau
@Lucky - Shazam
@Capri - Jeff
__________________________________________________________________________________________
In the Land of the Living....
"Run!"
Roy roared, half sprinting, half stumbling away from the clearing. "Run!"
"We are!" Damian spat in response. "We have been, and we are!"
Boots pounded against the underground. Hearts pounded. Lungs heaved. Despite its volume, the symphony of retreat could not drown out the ungodly screech of thousands upon thousands of distant wings. The Horde had already swept through the allies from another time sent to aid Mila. Their attention was now focused, completely, utterly, and unshakably, upon the surviving Gods. Under orders from Gill, Decapre had broken the arena, and with it, the game. Sprinting like a beast, the Doll blazed a purple trail through the woods, a trail which those left alive could follow. Towers of glass tumbled down from the arena's screen ceiling, striking the Gods' path like heaven-sent spears. It was as if Zeus himself had personally come to watch the last of them fall. Inches away from a skewering, the hand of Urien pushed his brother out of death's path with a frustrated grunt. As much as the thought detested him, Urien needed him alive, at least for a little while longer. Despite the agony is brought him, it was this need that provide Urien with an excuse for passivity. It was this excuse that kept him sane.
View attachment 10323
"We need to find shelter!" Roy screamed. "We need to escape the Glass! Escape the Demons!"
"If we wait for so much as a moment, the distance between the Doll and us will widen ever further than it already is!" Urien howled across his psychic wavelength. "If we lose her trail, we're damned! She's our one shot at making it out of this infernal place alive!"
"And if we keep pushing, we'll be lucky if even one of us makes if out of this jungle without a spear of glass through their back!" The Archer wailed. "We need to hide! We can't face the Demons again! We can't!" The confidence that had once inhabited the Archer's voice was gone. His voice cracked. "Bison only releases the Demons when she's looking to purge the arena! When she's looking to purge it of us! We're not supposed to take them on! We're not supposed to fight them!"
"We're not supposed to blow a damn hole in the ceiling either!" Urien roared. "Hell! We're not even supposed to be here! Damn Bison's rules! I shan't die on my knees! I shan't spend another night cowering in some filthy hole, waiting for the Sun, like a child afraid of the dark! Bison dies tonight! Bison dies tonight!!"

Hide. Run. Fight. The choice is yours
Bison dies tonight.

@Takumi @Yun Lee @Minerva @Capri

And so it finally begins.

Is this what Bison had expected? Had he known that leading the Society into his little game wouldn't end well, or had he hoped the brothers would be destroyed before then? Clearly, the man knew nothing of the bond of blood...which is why everything was now falling apart around them all. A volatile, broken Doll had been reborn from the ashes of her beloved sister...perhaps that, then, is Bison's weakness? Physicality is only half of a human being's power. The psyche, the mind and emotions, are factors one must never take out of consideration. Bison is just another on a long list of would-be conquerors that the world has seen and will see time and time again; it's this very balance that keeps the Society alive after every hopeful dictator stops breathing.

But for now, it was imperative to still the fears of their allies in this journey. Though leaving just Urien alive was a possibility, mankind can prove useful when push comes to shove. And push did come to shove quite literally as Urien "saved" Gill, though the Emperor had anticipated the glass on his own. But perhaps it would be best to let Urien feel a bit useful... "I thank you, Urien. Allow me to return the favor." As doon as he spoke, Gill materialized a thick shield of ice above their heads, one meant to protect them as they moved through the onslaught in pursuit of Decapre. "Fear not Bison's attacks. They only seem impossible to beat because we have made him afraid. Stay strong and persevere, and freedom will be within our reach by sunrise."

@Sark @Minerva @Takumi @Capri

55bfaabdb02e04ac0f7c0bd8c1caee0d82c6d9a8.jpg

What was a dragon goddess to do, when in a situation such as this? Mila didn't blink, didn't falter as she ran, straining her senses in the chaos to keep track of Decapre as well as their group all while keeping a steady pace. Her gaze darkened the longer they bickered. Tough choices all around, hm?

"I'd prefer if we tried to stay together." Mila spoke up, a bit dismayed at the whole situation. With the arena falling a part like it was, who could say what would happen to those left behind? For now, she ran, having every intent of seeing Bison's head roll.

Right now though, her main intent was ensuring that none of her own died, she's lost too many who followed under her name, the Earth Mother didn't plan on losing anymore children if she could help it.

@Sark @Minerva @Yun Lee @Capri @Arena

You're free from the Goddess' control. You're no longer her slave. You'll fight her war no longer.
The Legions of Hell stand before you. The Legions of the Goddess march behind you.
Alone you stand, trapped between the devil and the deep blue sea.
Fate has left you with naught but one option;
Fight.
The Chaos War has begun.

And so it did.

Fire and brimstone dominated the battlefield just as the rule of Chaos - the absence of all rule - took the tortured landscape of Hell so long ago. A torrent of screams and agonized, wailing tones rose over the red horizon as if the land itself had come alive to welcome those who still slept - those who did not accept the truth. Hell would open her gates for the beautiful people to come in and take stock of all the sin they've yet to see done unto the world. However, such grand thoughts weren't at the forefront of their minds- of neither the innocent nor the corrupt. To take in the great weight of Hell meant focusing on the little things.

A roar of encouragement among the men who remained, and a rising pain in their lobes, as if someone was driving a stake into their heads. The ground convulsed beneath their steps as the forefront of the Goddess' forces clashed with the roused hordes of Hell. The landscape was one out of a nightmare - the air was scalding and filled with specks of fallen ash and brimstone, and the ground was blood-red in tone, rocky and uneven and formed into jagged spikes and cliffs that rose into the swirling chaotic sky over their heads. In the distance, one could see buildings - darkened Gothic spires of blackened stone standing stark against the red, as if they'd risen from the ground, which bubbled and seemed to warp each time one looked at it. At first, it was stone. Then, it was flesh-like walking on piles of bodies. Then, it was bone. Then, it was stone again.

The stake continued to dig into their minds. Yet, the men of the Goddess had their own breed of madness that couldn't be turned even if the land itself had come alive to pull them into the mire. So the battle lines naturally formed, and those few who'd managed to break free of the Goddess' control found themselves standing right at the tip of her spear into the forces of Hell, where distant shadows of what appeared to be people flung bullets and lasers in their general direction.

Valkyrie would be the first to see the face of just one of her many enemies - a bright lance of red light punches into the ground near her, as the indiscriminate fire from the darker side of the field fell upon her. A plume of red dust sprinkled the dirt around her, and was she to look; she'd see just one man among many.

View attachment 10399

The forces of Hell were men or something shaped into the form of a man. They scavenged their armor and crude, pieced together from remnants of cloth and plating bolted to their forms like it was a part of their skin. Among some of the plating, a sigil of the Emerald Empire was clearly emblazoned in the steel, scratched, defiled, and carved over with the sigil of an eight-pointed star. The soldier that shot at Valkyrie didn't let up, joining at least a dozen more - hundreds, maybe thousands - in the horde that met the Goddess' forces just outside the premises of the distant spires that suggested a castle of some description.

A nearby explosion goes off, raining red dust over the Inquisitors. One of the "renegades" lunged at Valkyrie without so much as a battle cry, his crude gun fastened with a rusty bayonet. A wayward shot from someone behind her lodged into the man's gut, spilling out a torrent of blood into the soil as he collapsed near her, a muffled scream of pain forcing itself out of his mask.

Assuming she didn't move to finish him off, she could hear this one soldier over the chaos of the battle surrounding her. A quiet, muffled tittering noise rose into pained laughter.

"He- nnff-- hee-he he. He ha HA- HA."

The renegade let out a wet cough, rolling over and frantically clutching the underside of his mask before peeling it away, revealing a pallid grey mouth fixated into a bloody, full grin. He bit down, still laughing amidst the grunts and watery gurgles of the blood filling in his lips, his expression fixated on her. He was looking directly at Valkyrie - as if he was laughing at her. The man let his head fall to the ground as his laughter rose into a howling torrent of sound - a screaming cackle that soon spread to the rest of the renegade forces. Even as they continued to fire, and stab, and operate machinery, and die - they laughed.

The sound of fabric tearing open suddenly flooded the area directly in front of them. The punchline came in.

An untold number of gaping holes tore open the reality surrounding the battlefield, splitting open with a horrible sound and a baleful light that washed over the battlefield. The darkness that occupied these gateways was swiftly banished with flashing bursts of bolter fire. Goddessian soldiers began to scream and crumple in an instant as they realized what had just arrived. The Inquisitors saw the first victims - human bodies were suddenly blown apart like buildings in a hurricane, steaming remains of quivering flesh slumping to the ground as the bullets struck them. Hulking shadows gripped the edge of the portals with armored hands.

View attachment 10402

The silent giants took no time to introduce themselves as the tide of the battle turned in an instant. How many had emerged wasn't immediately apparent. However, the Gods could see most of them immediately near them - as if they were carving a path through the Godess' army for one particular target. A Chaos Marine closest to the Inquisitors sank his chain-axe into the neck of a fleeing soldier, sawing into his shoulder until the screaming stopped. Then, tearing his blade free from the twitching, wide-eyed meat left at his boots, the armored giant lifted his head to Valkyrie - and the rest.

"HE SUMMONS YOU TO HIS COURT. GO."

The giant lifts his armored gauntlet, pointing to the tallest spire in the distance. Then, he turns away, lifting a pistol from his hip and hosing another contingent of fleeing soldiers with indiscriminate gunfire, as several more of the armored hulks appeared by his side, continuing their slaughter. With each passing second, it became more apparent that none of the giants had turned their weapons on the so-called "Inquisitors."

They were left with a choice.

@Jeremi @Takumi @Lucky @Capri @Sark

fcc394e816c67ddbfd03bf0c3c4f370cac60b8cf.png

"..."

From unbearable pain, to finding herself in the middle of two opposing sides once she returned to her senses, Silque was no stranger to war. It felt as if she was pulled from one and thrown into another even if it was across multiple dimensions. She was tired of it. The Cleric watched the death and destruction around her with pursed lips, unsure of who their enemies were in this instance as she held her hands up, glowing and at the ready to cast a spell in an attempt to defend herself and those with her.

"?!"

A sound of confusion came from her at the arrival of the Chaos Marines, hands raising slightly in case she really needed to defend herself and their group from the new arrivals on the battlefield. With the Marine speaking to their group and pointing them to a spire she frowned. It'd probably be best to follow and stick with the group, so she followed after Atlantiades. This whole situation left a bitter taste in her mouth.

@Sark @Crunch @Jeremi @Lucky @Capri

Billy Batson/ Shazam, Henry Hart/ Survivor Danger, and Beauregard Lionette

Billy had noticed that his attacks seemed to be leaving to no impact. So when a strange men said to go forward and that someone was waiting for him- well, who he was to ignore the call? " If this fight is endless, we might as well see who calls us."

Henry and Beau would nod in agreement, reaching the same conclusion and heading towards the spire as quickly as they could.

@Crunch @Takumi @Jeremi @Capri @Sark

Valkyrie looked around incredulously trying to figure out what was going on. It was usually easy to fix situations by stabbing them with her spear but at this point she wasn't quite sure who their true foe really was. "Well met!" Valkyrie shouted over the battlefield spotting others that seemed to be in a similar situation to themselves. "Will thou follow the beasts words?"

Atlantiades stretched their wings. "Ah a Norse woman, well met indeed." They turned their attention towards where the giant had pointed. "I would see why not? Anything is better then where we are at the moment." With that The God of Love flapped their wings and started to make their way towards the spire.

@Crunch @Takumi @Lucky @Capri @Sark
Billy Batson/ Shazam, Henry Hart/ Survivor Danger, and Beauregard Lionette

Billy had noticed that his attacks seemed to be leaving to no impact. So when a strange men said to go forward and that someone was waiting for him- well, who he was to ignore the call? " If this fight is endless, we might as well see who calls us."

Henry and Beau would nod in agreement, reaching the same conclusion and heading towards the spire as quickly as they could.

@Crunch @Takumi @Jeremi @Capri @Sark
"..."

From unbearable pain, to finding herself in the middle of two opposing sides once she returned to her senses, Silque was no stranger to war. It felt as if she was pulled from one and thrown into another even if it was across multiple dimensions. She was tired of it. The Cleric watched the death and destruction around her with pursed lips, unsure of who their enemies were in this instance as she held her hands up, glowing and at the ready to cast a spell in an attempt to defend herself and those with her.

"?!"

A sound of confusion came from her at the arrival of the Chaos Marines, hands raising slightly in case she really needed to defend herself and their group from the new arrivals on the battlefield. With the Marine speaking to their group and pointing them to a spire she frowned. It'd probably be best to follow and stick with the group, so she followed after Atlantiades. This whole situation left a bitter taste in her mouth.

@Sark @Crunch @Jeremi @Lucky @Capri
The silent giants took no time to introduce themselves as the tide of the battle turned in an instant. How many had emerged wasn't immediately apparent. However, the Gods could see most of them immediately near them - as if they were carving a path through the Godess' army for one particular target. A Chaos Marine closest to the Inquisitors sank his chain-axe into the neck of a fleeing soldier, sawing into his shoulder until the screaming stopped. Then, tearing his blade free from the twitching, wide-eyed meat left at his boots, the armored giant lifted his head to Valkyrie - and the rest.

"HE SUMMONS YOU TO HIS COURT. GO."

The giant lifts his armored gauntlet, pointing to the tallest spire in the distance. Then, he turns away, lifting a pistol from his hip and hosing another contingent of fleeing soldiers with indiscriminate gunfire, as several more of the armored hulks appeared by his side, continuing their slaughter. With each passing second, it became more apparent that none of the giants had turned their weapons on the so-called "Inquisitors."

They were left with a choice.
H E L L
The gory storm sent forth by the minions of chaos was matched by an equally valiant defense by the one man too loyal, brave or foolish to turn-tail. The God of War, chained and bound to the will of An'Lu'Munus, had never shown his back to a foe, and his enslavement was not about to alter that fact. His face stained black with the blood of the unholy, Ares yanked his axe from the scalp of another felled demon, a sick Spartan grin dripping from his cheeks. The arrival of these so-called renegades did little to perturb the Goddess' Chosen Commander. They had simply tossed another barrel of gasoline atop blaze of excitement that now burned behind his once hollow eyes. His fingers writhed around the bloody-bandage-bound hilt of favored weapon as his eyes fell upon the portals gurgling open before his frontline. Riddled with glee, the War God turn on the spot. A brief survey of the cowards abandoning their positions behind him was enough to inspire a change of tactics.
View attachment 10422
"Three Blind Mice, Three Blind Mice..." Ares snorted. "See how they run..."
His men had rendered themselves liabilities. He no longer needed them. Worse yet, their commander no longer wanted them; he held no love in his rotted heart for blasphemers, traitors, or turn coats. Redoubling his efforts, he redirect his hate, sharpened it, and sent it hurting towards his foes. The stench of betrayal guided his blades towards the Rebellious Gods. He tossed his axe towards Batson's feet. It's metallic hilt became a lightning rod, channeling the dark-thunder of he had so recklessly tossed towards the Goddess' loyalists down into Hell's depths. With Shazam's thunder neutralized, the God of War charged headstrong through the boy's thunder, his divinity and rage shielding him from its heat. He collected his blade with his left hand. He struck Batson's jaw with his right. With his foe stunned, he planted a firm, final strike upon the Inquisitor's chest; a Spartan Kick.
"This... is... the Negative Third!" The Spartan roared as his foe fell onto his back. His teeth dripping with the bile of hate, he shot a glare towards the Marines. "This is the Goddess' Realm, Scum! Tell the Mongrel you call Master that God of War defends the Holy Land now. Tell him that, should he fail to flee this place... we shall make-certain that he dines in oblivion! Tell him..." Ares froze for a beat, his smile widening. "Forget it. I'll tell him myself!" With a valiant roar, the God of War leapt towards the spire, his weapons drawn and his tongue lusting for blood.

@Jeremi @Takumi @Lucky @Crunch
"We won't die here today." Karinith said, putting her hand on her sword. The plate-armored elf stood proudly, her hair and cape blowing in the breeze. She still retained her High Elven Beauty, with few scars and dirt on her, and a slight ethereal glow, owing to her heightened magic ability.

"If you wish to see the sun, then allow the Moon and Star to guide you to morning." She said to Urien, holding up her ring finger upon which the ring was worn. "Auri-El and Indoril Nerevar are with you tonight. You shall know no fear."

A small smile crept across the elf's usually stone face.

"Tonight, we kill a god."
What was a dragon goddess to do, when in a situation such as this? Mila didn't blink, didn't falter as she ran, straining her senses in the chaos to keep track of Decapre as well as their group all while keeping a steady pace. Her gaze darkened the longer they bickered. Tough choices all around, hm?

"I'd prefer if we tried to stay together." Mila spoke up, a bit dismayed at the whole situation. With the arena falling a part like it was, who could say what would happen to those left behind? For now, she ran, having every intent of seeing Bison's head roll.

Right now though, her main intent was ensuring that none of her own died, she's lost too many who followed under her name, the Earth Mother didn't plan on losing anymore children if she could help it.
And so it finally begins.

Is this what Bison had expected? Had he known that leading the Society into his little game wouldn't end well, or had he hoped the brothers would be destroyed before then? Clearly, the man knew nothing of the bond of blood...which is why everything was now falling apart around them all. A volatile, broken Doll had been reborn from the ashes of her beloved sister...perhaps that, then, is Bison's weakness? Physicality is only half of a human being's power. The psyche, the mind and emotions, are factors one must never take out of consideration. Bison is just another on a long list of would-be conquerors that the world has seen and will see time and time again; it's this very balance that keeps the Society alive after every hopeful dictator stops breathing.

But for now, it was imperative to still the fears of their allies in this journey. Though leaving just Urien alive was a possibility, mankind can prove useful when push comes to shove. And push did come to shove quite literally as Urien "saved" Gill, though the Emperor had anticipated the glass on his own. But perhaps it would be best to let Urien feel a bit useful... "I thank you, Urien. Allow me to return the favor." As doon as he spoke, Gill materialized a thick shield of ice above their heads, one meant to protect them as they moved through the onslaught in pursuit of Decapre. "Fear not Bison's attacks. They only seem impossible to beat because we have made him afraid. Stay strong and persevere, and freedom will be within our reach by sunrise."

@Sark @Minerva @Takumi @Capri
A R E N A
"At long last!" Urien growled, his adrenaline spiking. He turned to the Elf baring an expression that could only be described as rabid. "A Champion with the ambition her position demands! Yes... Yes!" Wilfully ignorant of the growing distance between himself and the party's stragglers, Urien refused to slow down, not even for a heartbeat. Tonight, we kill a God. Karinith's words echoed inside his head. He let them drown out any lesser thoughts, any distractions. They became his mantra, his very being. Tonight, we kill a God. "The strong shall persevere--" The Silent One scoffed. "Ha! That we shall... and those who lack our strength, our drive... let them fall by the wayside! Tonight we kill a God!"

Spurred on by his brother's apparent pity, the Society's Vice-President cleared the next boundary in a single great bound, a wave of bark and soil rippling out from beneath his great, heavy steps. His chest heaved. His throat wheezed. The loathsome passions he had swallowed and buried and bottled for years on end had bubbled to the surface once again. For the first time since the Temple fell, since Secularism died, since his tongue was plucked from his mouth, he felt alive!

"Tonight, we kill a---"

"Alright, Alright, We get it..."
A voice sounded over the nearest clearing. The stranger cracked his neck and sighed in satisfaction. "It's all a little... self important, don't you think?" A scoff. He rolls his shoulder. He stretches his bicep. He boxes his shadow. "You've gotta get over yourselves..."
View attachment 10423
"Allow me help you with that..." Ed buried his knuckles in his palm. A smug smile danced in the corner on his cheek. "You'll be easier to get over once you've been knocked down..." The Boxer descended into a fighting stance. "Who wants to go first?"

"It's not too late to run... To live another day..."
Roy muttered through gritted teeth. He boots shuffled back towards Mila. "You've never witnessed an Arena-Purge. You don't know what they are capable of. If Bison's a god, then they're his prophets, his sword and shield. You don't want to fuck with them. Trust me... Please... Don't let history repeat itself... We've lost too much as it is..."

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Minerva

Billy Batson/ Shazam

Billy had noticed the axe hurled towards him and he groaned, knowing that this was about to get stupid. He hadn't even known what Ares could do, but his Shazam weren't the only powers that he had. There was the powers the man named Arcade had given him. Taken a deep breath, he looked over at Ares and would block the fist with his right hand and looked at him, knowing what he wanted to do and he groaned with a look on his face as the man delivered a Spartan kick that he didn't exactly have the chance to block.

"Wow, this is totally new information to me and not something that was drilled into my head when I was in the city before and something I remembered from my past. You know something, Ares, it's kind of funny that you went from being Zeus's bitch to being the Goddess bitch," he replied, as he would grab Ares leg and used the strength Arcade had given him to pull him back before casting some of the fire of Arson on him. " And here, I thought the God of War wasn't a coward, but running from a fight when it hadn't been done yet. I'm more than just my powers- can't say the same for you."

@Sark

Valkyrie readied herself for a fight, but even she realized facing off against Ares wasn't going to get them anywhere. "Lay down your arms, lest you face a Valkyrie of Asgard!" She bellowed towards Ares. "Is thine mine so addled that thou doesn't realize you're backing base villainy?"

Atlantiades meanwhile decided that this was really not something they didn't want to tangle with right now and continued their way towards the spire.

@Sark @Takumi @Lucky @Crunch

G2 FINALE:
G O D P R A Y E R
Falling asleep is harder now. You've seen things. Done things. Whenever you close your eyes, those things infiltrate your dreams. They twist them into nightmares. Neither drink nor medication nor prayer seem to banish them. Those things remain. They haunt. They hurt. War is Hell. A War against the Divine is fouler still.
Between raids and battles and repelled attacks, your fellow soldiers take whatever rest they can get. You just try to keep busy. You're propaganda pieces now. Your allies look to you for guidance, support, inspiration. There's always something you can do to help them fight the good fight. You're always short staffed, despite the chain of small victories your defeat of Izana helped to forge. Every mission costs an allied life or too. Every triumph feels bitter sweet. Success comes slow.
You've built a Rebellion. You've saved a Princess from a Castle. You've killed an Evil Wizard. Your Happy-Ending, however, remains illusive.
It never seems to end.
Until one night, your exhaustion catches up with you. Your strength gives way. Across their Headquarters, each in separate rooms, each performing separate activities, the Returned faint.
The darkness creeps in. The world goes quiet.
Then, a voice.

"We tried."
"We fought and we died."
"Like you."
"Almost like you."
"She brought the fight to us."

"We rallied our best. Gave her Hell in Atlantis."
"And when that didn't work, we gave her Hell in Hell."
"We gave it all we have. All we had."
"But it wasn't enough."
"The Forces of Order have met the Forces of Chaos."
"The Goddess and the Devil itself."
"No matter who wins, we will lose."
"Our Empire has fallen. The Time of the Old Gods has come to an end."
"Our Age, though eternal, feels so short in hindsight. I never expected the Eyes of the Dead to see so clearly."
"We weren't ready for Her. We stood divided, separated by personal squabbles and rivalries."
"But you... you might stand a chance..."
"Meet us in the place where it all began..."
"Where the Emerald Sun first rose..."
"Where a Demon Bled..."
"Where the Gods Now Pray..."
"Together, we might end this..."

"By the Phoenix and the Sword, By the Emerald and the Light..."
"Together, we stand a chance..."

As you awoke, even those among you who have abandoned your faiths felt a spark of... something flickering within them. You knew, despite your doubts, despite your denouncements, that the voices of your Gods had just moved through you. It couldn't have been a dream. It couldn't have been a lie. It was so real.

Atlantiades. Shazam. Gill. The God Emperor. Urien. Mother Mila. So many others.

Their voices echoed within you. Their words became a part of you. You couldn't resist their call. Compelled by faith or curiosity, and against the protests and complaints of Eli, you charted a course. You knew what you had to do. You knew where you had to go. Your journey was swift and direct. Before you knew it, your ship was settling down in a valley a few dozen meters from a wrecked start ship. You landed with a thud. The doors of your ship slipped open. A wave of rain struck your face. Illuminated by flashes of distant thunder, your destination loomed before you.

View attachment 11194
The Tomb of the Goddess. The gardens surrounding the foreboding marble structure are littered with the rusted remains of ships and shields alike from the 'final' battle which had taken place here so many years ago. The Blood of Sinners- both Secularists and Goddessians alike- stains the grasslands. A cold wind whistles through the mausoleum's empty halls. A storm growls overhead. There's not a living soul in sight.
"I swore to myself... on your lives.... I swore I'd never return here..." Ferdinand mumbles to himself, pulling his cloak tightly around his chest. "Too many bad memories. Too raw. Too..."
He swallowed hard. "Come on. We need to find them. If they're here... We need to try..." With a determined march, the Knight makes his way towards the Tomb's great golden doors, still propped open by the Skeleton of a Secularist. "We need to try..."

A choice looms before the Returned and Chosen:
- Were they to Enter the Tomb through the Great Golden Doors which Kolin, Roman, Beau and Mephisto had once ventured?

- Or were they to Explore the Gardens further in search of Gods, Traps, Alternate Entrances or Foul Memories, surrounded by the ruined bodies of those who had once dared to oppose Big Mother, Eliphas, Jester and Ashe?

BLACKEST NIGHT
@Capri as Jeffrey Koval (EverymanHYBRID)
@Capri Roman Halliday (OC)
@Crunch as the Doom Slayer (DOOM)
@Jeremi as Valkyrie (Marvel Comics)
@Lucky as Henry Hart (Henry Danger)
@Lucky as Beauregard Lionett (Critical Role)
@Lucky as Jester Lavorre (Critical Role)
@Minerva as Valla (Diablo)
@Takumi as Alice Swayne (Ancient Magus Bride)

@Takumi as Ashe (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)
@Takumi as Silque (Fire Emblem: Echoes)
@Yun Lee as Rei Amayado (Hypnosis Mic)
@Yun Lee as Kolin (Street Fighter)

THE END OF IT ALL
@Sark @Crunch @Jeremi @Takumi @Minerva @Yun Lee

It was never their intentions. Roman, Maddie, Jeff. It was never their intention to become figureheads in a holy war. People fought and died over them. They chanted their names in praise. Worshipped figures of them. Bowed at shrines dedicated to them.

None of them wanted this. None of them. Roman just wanted to see his husband again. Jeff wanted to do what was right. Maddie wanted a purpose, and while she found one, it wasn’t in the war. Rather, it was Ashe.

So when the doors opened, and the cold rain battered their faces, they knew what was to come. Either they die, or she dies.

Roman shivered. Even though he was suited up in armor it didn’t prevent him from being chilled to the bone. Although maybe that was his fear, rather than the temperature. On his back was a battle axe. He was a big man, he would be able to handle such weaponry.

"It’s gonna be okay, Roman," Jeff said, laying an arm on Roman, "You're going to be fine,"

Jeff was also suited in armor, a short sword strapped to his side. They were more to protect himself. He didn't want to fight.

As the group exited the vehicle, Maddie stood near Ashe. "I'm going wherever you're going,"

Roman entered the tomb. He knew this place before.

Jeff explored the gardens. He was much more of a support rather than an actual fighter.​

G2 FINALE:
G O D P R A Y E R
Falling asleep is harder now. You've seen things. Done things. Whenever you close your eyes, those things infiltrate your dreams. They twist them into nightmares. Neither drink nor medication nor prayer seem to banish them. Those things remain. They haunt. They hurt. War is Hell. A War against the Divine is fouler still.
Between raids and battles and repelled attacks, your fellow soldiers take whatever rest they can get. You just try to keep busy. You're propaganda pieces now. Your allies look to you for guidance, support, inspiration. There's always something you can do to help them fight the good fight. You're always short staffed, despite the chain of small victories your defeat of Izana helped to forge. Every mission costs an allied life or too. Every triumph feels bitter sweet. Success comes slow.
You've built a Rebellion. You've saved a Princess from a Castle. You've killed an Evil Wizard. Your Happy-Ending, however, remains illusive.
It never seems to end.
Until one night, your exhaustion catches up with you. Your strength gives way. Across their Headquarters, each in separate rooms, each performing separate activities, the Returned faint.
The darkness creeps in. The world goes quiet.
Then, a voice.

"We tried."
"We fought and we died."
"Like you."
"Almost like you."
"She brought the fight to us."
"We rallied our best. Gave her Hell in Atlantis."
"And when that didn't work, we gave her Hell in Hell."
"We gave it all we have. All we had."
"But it wasn't enough."
"The Forces of Order have met the Forces of Chaos."
"The Goddess and the Devil itself."
"No matter who wins, we will lose."
"Our Empire has fallen. The Time of the Old Gods has come to an end."
"Our Age, though eternal, feels so short in hindsight. I never expected the Eyes of the Dead to see so clearly."
"We weren't ready for Her. We stood divided, separated by personal squabbles and rivalries."
"But you... you might stand a chance..."
"Meet us in the place where it all began..."
"Where the Emerald Sun first rose..."
"Where a Demon Bled..."
"Where the Gods Now Pray..."
"Together, we might end this..."
"By the Phoenix and the Sword, By the Emerald and the Light..."
"Together, we stand a chance..."

As you awoke, even those among you who have abandoned your faiths felt a spark of... something flickering within them. You knew, despite your doubts, despite your denouncements, that the voices of your Gods had just moved through you. It couldn't have been a dream. It couldn't have been a lie. It was so real.

Atlantiades. Shazam. Gill. The God Emperor. Urien. Mother Mila. So many others.

Their voices echoed within you. Their words became a part of you. You couldn't resist their call. Compelled by faith or curiosity, and against the protests and complaints of Eli, you charted a course. You knew what you had to do. You knew where you had to go. Your journey was swift and direct. Before you knew it, your ship was settling down in a valley a few dozen meters from a wrecked start ship. You landed with a thud. The doors of your ship slipped open. A wave of rain struck your face. Illuminated by flashes of distant thunder, your destination loomed before you.

View attachment 11194
The Tomb of the Goddess. The gardens surrounding the foreboding marble structure are littered with the rusted remains of ships and shields alike from the 'final' battle which had taken place here so many years ago. The Blood of Sinners- both Secularists and Goddessians alike- stains the grasslands. A cold wind whistles through the mausoleum's empty halls. A storm growls overhead. There's not a living soul in sight.
"I swore to myself... on your lives.... I swore I'd never return here..." Ferdinand mumbles to himself, pulling his cloak tightly around his chest. "Too many bad memories. Too raw. Too..."
He swallowed hard. "Come on. We need to find them. If they're here... We need to try..." With a determined march, the Knight makes his way towards the Tomb's great golden doors, still propped open by the Skeleton of a Secularist. "We need to try..."

A choice looms before the Returned and Chosen:
- Were they to Enter the Tomb through the Great Golden Doors which Kolin, Roman, Beau and Mephisto had once ventured?

- Or were they to Explore the Gardens further in search of Gods, Traps, Alternate Entrances or Foul Memories, surrounded by the ruined bodies of those who had once dared to oppose Big Mother, Eliphas, Jester and Ashe?

BLACKEST NIGHT
@Capri as Jeffrey Koval (EverymanHYBRID)
@Capri Roman Halliday (OC)
@Crunch as the Doom Slayer (DOOM)
@Jeremi as Valkyrie (Marvel Comics)
@Lucky as Henry Hart (Henry Danger)
@Lucky as Beauregard Lionett (Critical Role)
@Lucky as Jester Lavorre (Critical Role)
@Minerva as Valla (Diablo)
@Takumi as Alice Swayne (Ancient Magus Bride)
@Takumi as Ashe (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)
@Takumi as Silque (Fire Emblem: Echoes)
@Yun Lee as Rei Amayado (Hypnosis Mic)
@Yun Lee as Kolin (Street Fighter)

The first thing Alice had done once she was free of the ice was cut her hair and make a second pouch for the piece of coal she always had on her person as per her contract with Blue Flame. It helped her stay awake when she couldn't sleep, and it took at least a few days to complete the process. Placing the first pouch in the second and securing it closed, she had simply held it in her hands and let it's warmth seep into her palms. Sometimes she'd stare at the damn lantern almost always at her side, pondering what she had been so compelled to say that day that AnLuMunus had taken over Izana. She still didn't know, and she had been too tired to think too hard about it. When her tiredness caught up with her and she eventually collapsed and dreamt, she knew that she had to do something.

Even if Eli protested and complained, he wouldn't stop her. In fact, before they parted he received a grin from her, as tired as it was, and reassurance that they'd see each other around.

b53acb3fd558e8f7fc6d51628a8f9ce2d0d7ee4f.jpg

Now, with the rain hitting her face, she pulled up her hood and headed towards the gardens, wanting to cover all bases.

fcc394e816c67ddbfd03bf0c3c4f370cac60b8cf.png

"..." Silque could understand Ferdinand sentiments, and remained silent as she followed those headed towards the gardens. Silence for the dead, most likely.

THE END OF IT ALL
@Sark @Crunch @Jeremi @Takumi @Minerva @Yun Lee

It was never their intentions. Roman, Maddie, Jeff. It was never their intention to become figureheads in a holy war. People fought and died over them. They chanted their names in praise. Worshipped figures of them. Bowed at shrines dedicated to them.

None of them wanted this. None of them. Roman just wanted to see his husband again. Jeff wanted to do what was right. Maddie wanted a purpose, and while she found one, it wasn’t in the war. Rather, it was Ashe.

So when the doors opened, and the cold rain battered their faces, they knew what was to come. Either they die, or she dies.

Roman shivered. Even though he was suited up in armor it didn’t prevent him from being chilled to the bone. Although maybe that was his fear, rather than the temperature. On his back was a battle axe. He was a big man, he would be able to handle such weaponry.

"It’s gonna be okay, Roman," Jeff said, laying an arm on Roman, "You're going to be fine,"

Jeff was also suited in armor, a short sword strapped to his side. They were more to protect himself. He didn't want to fight.

As the group exited the vehicle, Maddie stood near Ashe. "I'm going wherever you're going,"

Jeff explored the gardens. He was much more of a support rather than an actual fighter.​

fd0ad1f3c5c36ab8680bc733b739f18f192503a7.jpg

"Please stay close, I want to stick by Ferdinand as well." He replied. The last thing he wanted was for either (or any of their allies really) to get hurt.

With that said, and with bow in hand, he followed after Ferdinand to enter the tomb.

@Sark @Capri @Jeremi @Crunch @Minerva @Yun Lee

fd0ad1f3c5c36ab8680bc733b739f18f192503a7.jpg

"Please stay close, I want to stick by Ferdinand as well." He replied. The last thing he wanted was for either (or any of their allies really) to get hurt.

With that said, and with bow in hand, he followed after Ferdinand to enter the tomb.

@Sark @Capri @Jeremi @Crunch @Minerva @Yun Lee

This place reminded of her of the Westmarch, a large stone region ruled by the religious. As a result, the Demon Hunter loaded up her crossbow and pulled up her hood. She began to trek into the tomb.

She was used to dark, enclosed areas. Ones that most others would dare not tread.​

Valkyrie had nothing to say except letting out an annoying grunt gripping her weapon tight and headed towards the tomb. She had been strung along for long enough. It was time for her to get her hands on something to punch until the problem solved itself.

@Sark @Crunch @Capri @Takumi @Minerva @Yun Lee

Jeff explored the gardens. He was much more of a support rather than an actual fighter.
Now, with the rain hitting her face, she pulled up her hood and headed towards the gardens, wanting to cover all bases.
"..." Silque could understand Ferdinand sentiments, and remained silent as she followed those headed towards the gardens. Silence for the dead, most likely.
T H E - G A R D E N
View attachment 11195
The Garden of the Goddess was cleaner than the rest of the battlefield. Where the rest of the Tomb's trespassers had been evacuated in a sudden burst of the Goddess' magic, leaving their war machines and comrades to rot where they fell, the Gardens appeared to have been cleared by hand. Its grass, whilst overgrown, was unstained by blood or oil. The skeletons of those who had fallen behind the Garden's fence had been carefully lined up from shortest to tallest along the area's furthest wall. Goddessians, Secularists and Demons laid side by side, silent and dignified.

In the center of the Garden, atop a small, stony mound, stood three marble gravestones. The first was taller than its companions. A fistful of dirt obscured its humble engravings. Void of embellishments or golden accents, the humble monument stuck out like a sore thumb against the rest of the Goddess' architecture. The two smaller gravestones appeared to have sustained a greater degree of damage in the 'Final Battle'. Large chunks were missing from their arches. Chips and bullet holes gave the pair a haggard, gaunt appearance. The second and third gravestones were somehow dirtier than the first. It was as if someone had taken special care to desecrate them. A thin blanket of purple silk, now littered with moth and bullet holes, wrapped the trio. A hand woven blanket and a rotten bouquet of handpicked flower sat before each stone.

The corners of the Garden were watched by
four marble statues. The four women were full of beauty, youth and woe. They each cast one hand over their eyes, and directed another towards the flowers at their feet, their fingers outstretched. Clad in togas and priceless golden bands, the statues presented themselves with a certain measure of grace. Each statue possessed a unique fact, none of which quite matched the Goddess they knew. Still. Their faces retained a certain... familiarity.

A
Small Cave sat at the back of the garden, surrounded by a now empty flow patch. The few, crisp plants that remained had long since lost their color. Each lifeless tulip had fallen in the same direction; they all reached towards the three graves in the center of the garden. The cave itself was remarkably shallow. Were the storm overhead not blotting out the Sun, the entirety of the gave might have been visible from the outside. Without an outside light source, however, the caves contents would be hidden from anyone unwilling to step inside it.

@Takumi @Capri

This place reminded of her of the Westmarch, a large stone region ruled by the religious. As a result, the Demon Hunter loaded up her crossbow and pulled up her hood. She began to trek into the tomb.
She was used to dark, enclosed areas. Ones that most others would dare not tread.
Valkyrie had nothing to say except letting out an annoying grunt gripping her weapon tight and headed towards the tomb. She had been strung along for long enough. It was time for her to get her hands on something to punch until the problem solved itself.
T H E - T O M B
View attachment 11196
The Goddess' Tomb was cold. There was no other way to describe it. Even those among you who had dared to venture into the Tomb before couldn't help but note that it somehow seemed even colder than before. Pillars loomed over the party. Foreboding statues of the Multiverse's Self-Proclaimed Mother watched your every step, unblinking. Their faces carried apathetic expressions. The Grandest Statue in the hall stood at its center. It's hand stretched forth, beckoning the Returned to approach her. Behind it stood pair of enormous stone doors. Years ago, these doors had once swung wide, calling for the Goddess' Chosen to march forth into her Sleeping Chamber. Now, however, they remained tightly shut, sealing the corridor to the Goddess' empty coffin.

"Doors like that..." Ferdinand muttered. "They don't close on their own..."

The Great Doors themselves were marked with an all too familiar code:

VI-IX-XIX-XX
-
XV-VI
-
XX-VIII-V

-
XVI-VIII-XV-V-XIV-IX-XXIV
-
XIX-XX-V-XVI
-
VI-XV-XVIII-XX-VIII
-
I-XIV-IV
-
XVI-I-XVIII-XX
-
XIII-V
-
XII-IX-XI-V
-
XX-VIII-V
-
XIX-V-I
-

Ferdinand traced the engraved numerals with his glove and sighed.

"Here we go again... Fist of the Phoenix Step Forth And Part Me Like The Sea.... Is that right?" The Knight muttered to himself. "I don't understand..."

A thin layer of dust coated the floor of the tomb. Aside from footsteps left by the Returned, it sat like freshly fallen snow, pristine and undisturbed. A careful observation of the room's floor would reveal a second, older set of footprints that lead away from the Great Doors and towards two dark staircases that sat at opposite ends of the Grand Chamber.

@Minerva @Capri @Lucky @Takumi @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Crunch

T H E - G A R D E N
View attachment 11195
The Garden of the Goddess was cleaner than the rest of the battlefield. Where the rest of the Tomb's trespassers had been evacuated in a sudden burst of the Goddess' magic, leaving their war machines and comrades to rot where they fell, the Gardens appeared to have been cleared by hand. Its grass, whilst overgrown, was unstained by blood or oil. The skeletons of those who had fallen behind the Garden's fence had been carefully lined up from shortest to tallest along the area's furthest wall. Goddessians, Secularists and Demons laid side by side, silent and dignified.

In the center of the Garden, atop a small, stony mound, stood three marble gravestones. The first was taller than its companions. A fistful of dirt obscured its humble engravings. Void of embellishments or golden accents, the humble monument stuck out like a sore thumb against the rest of the Goddess' architecture. The two smaller gravestones appeared to have sustained a greater degree of damage in the 'Final Battle'. Large chunks were missing from their arches. Chips and bullet holes gave the pair a haggard, gaunt appearance. The second and third gravestones were somehow dirtier than the first. It was as if someone had taken special care to desecrate them. A thin blanket of purple silk, now littered with moth and bullet holes, wrapped the trio. A hand woven blanket and a rotten bouquet of handpicked flower sat before each stone.

The corners of the Garden were watched by
four marble statues. The four women were full of beauty, youth and woe. They each cast one hand over their eyes, and directed another towards the flowers at their feet, their fingers outstretched. Clad in togas and priceless golden bands, the statues presented themselves with a certain measure of grace. Each statue possessed a unique fact, none of which quite matched the Goddess they knew. Still. Their faces retained a certain... familiarity.

A
Small Cave sat at the back of the garden, surrounded by a now empty flow patch. The few, crisp plants that remained had long since lost their color. Each lifeless tulip had fallen in the same direction; they all reached towards the three graves in the center of the garden. The cave itself was remarkably shallow. Were the storm overhead not blotting out the Sun, the entirety of the gave might have been visible from the outside. Without an outside light source, however, the caves contents would be hidden from anyone unwilling to step inside it.

@Takumi @Capri

T H E - T O M B
View attachment 11196
The Goddess' Tomb was cold. There was no other way to describe it. Even those among you who had dared to venture into the Tomb before couldn't help but note that it somehow seemed even colder than before. Pillars loomed over the party. Foreboding statues of the Multiverse's Self-Proclaimed Mother watched your every step, unblinking. Their faces carried apathetic expressions. The Grandest Statue in the hall stood at its center. It's hand stretched forth, beckoning the Returned to approach her. Behind it stood pair of enormous stone doors. Years ago, these doors had once swung wide, calling for the Goddess' Chosen to march forth into her Sleeping Chamber. Now, however, they remained tightly shut, sealing the corridor to the Goddess' empty coffin.

"Doors like that..." Ferdinand muttered. "They don't close on their own..."

The Great Doors themselves were marked with an all too familiar code:

VI-IX-XIX-XX
-
XV-VI
-
XX-VIII-V

-
XVI-VIII-XV-V-XIV-IX-XXIV
-
XIX-XX-V-XVI
-
VI-XV-XVIII-XX-VIII
-
I-XIV-IV
-
XVI-I-XVIII-XX
-
XIII-V
-
XII-IX-XI-V
-
XX-VIII-V
-
XIX-V-I
-

Ferdinand traced the engraved numerals with his glove and sighed.

"Here we go again... Fist of the Phoenix Step Forth And Part Me Like The Sea.... Is that right?" The Knight muttered to himself. "I don't understand..."

A thin layer of dust coated the floor of the tomb. Aside from footsteps left by the Returned, it sat like freshly fallen snow, pristine and undisturbed. A careful observation of the room's floor would reveal a second, older set of footprints that lead away from the Great Doors and towards two dark staircases that sat at opposite ends of the Grand Chamber.

@Minerva @Capri @Lucky @Takumi @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Crunch

"Someone must have sealed them at some point." Ashe replied with a frown. If so, then who and why exactly? For what purpose would sealing the tomb have if the Goddess was roaming freely throughout the Multiverse?

When it came to the rather cryptic message on the door he grew somewhat confused.

"Fist of the Phoenix?" Ashe muttered to himself as he stepped up beside Ferdinand. Did that mean only someone or something specific could get the door to budge? Was it simply a riddle that needed to be solved? Gaze sweeping the cold chambers carefully, they stopped on something.

Upon taking note of a set of footprints along the floor to the staircases, Ashe had grown tense.

"Ferdinand, guys." He called out quietly, motioning to said footprints. Reaching behind him, a small mace he had strapped to his back was removed and handed to Maddie, before he knotched an arrow into the bowstring in case whoever may have been here before them was still present and a potential threat.

@Sark @Capri @Minerva @Jeremi @Tomb

Back in the gardens, Silque went to investigate the graves. It seemed as if the larger one was either more recent, or whoever had been buried here was mire respected than whoever was buried beside them.

Alice went to check out the cave, knife in one hand and a small flame in the other so she could see what may be hidden inside. Maybe the lantern at her hip would provide a bit of extra light as well.

@Sark @Capri @Gardens

Back in the gardens, Silque went to investigate the graves. It seemed as if the larger one was either more recent, or whoever had been buried here was mire respected than whoever was buried beside them.
G A R D E N
A closer inspection of the gravestones revealed a small passage of text sat upon each one. The largest, centermost stone was marked with the word 'An'Kag'. Despite its now crumbling state, the object had clearly been constructed with a notable degree of care. It hadn't been constructed using the Goddess' magic: each stone had been carved, engraved and painted by hand. Beneath the word 'An'Kag', a few further lines had been written by a trembling hand.

An'Kag
Heaven's Mouth. Ever Kind. Ever Loving. Ever Missed.
VII-X

The two smaller stones were marked with similar names and messages.

Ninda'Lu'An

Wine of the Skies. Thou Art Sky-Bound. On My Mind. Heart. Soul. Lips
VII-X

Sag'Kur
King of Countries. Rest In The Earth You Adored. Mother Will Be Here When You Awaken.
XII-X

The mounds of Earth that sat before each gravestone were marked with a small circle of carefully placed stones.

Alice went to check out the cave, knife in one hand and a small flame in the other so she could see what may be hidden inside. Maybe the lantern at her hip would provide a bit of extra light as well.
Illuminated by Alice's fire and the occasion flash of lightning, the contents of the cave stretched out before the Returned. It contained a small, plain altar. Void of the vain spirals that defined the architecture of the rest of the Goddess' Tomb, the altar was little more than a large concrete slap adorned with a tattered velvet sheet. Upon the sheet, however, sat four ornate reliquaries. Decorated with pearls and golden flakes, the small, domed chests were priceless. The canopy of the cave had sheltered the reliquaries from the bombs and storms alike; despite their age, the four reliquaries were pristine, save for the subtle wear-and-tear that left the doors of three of the four reliquaries jammed slightly ajar. An attempt to peer through the cracks in these doors would reveal that each contained a small, identical Crown Carved From Bone. The fourth reliquary's door was closed but unlocked; if the Returned wanted to check inside, all they had to do was unfasten the small latch the held its doors shut.

@Capri @Takumi @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Crunch @Lucky

G A R D E N
A closer inspection of the gravestones revealed a small passage of text sat upon each one. The largest, centermost stone was marked with the word 'An'Kag'. Despite its now crumbling state, the object had clearly been constructed with a notable degree of care. It hadn't been constructed using the Goddess' magic: each stone had been carved, engraved and painted by hand. Beneath the word 'An'Kag', a few further lines had been written by a trembling hand.

An'Kag
Heaven's Mouth. Ever Kind. Ever Loving. Ever Missed.
VII-X

The two smaller stones were marked with similar names and messages.

Ninda'Lu'An

Wine of the Skies. Thou Art Sky-Bound. On My Mind. Heart. Soul. Lips
VII-X

Sag'Kur
King of Countries. Rest In The Earth You Adored. Mother Will Be Here When You Awaken.
XII-X

The mounds of Earth that sat before each gravestone were marked with a small circle of carefully placed stones.

Illuminated by Alice's fire and the occasion flash of lightning, the contents of the cave stretched out before the Returned. It contained a small, plain altar. Void of the vain spirals that defined the architecture of the rest of the Goddess' Tomb, the altar was little more than a large concrete slap adorned with a tattered velvet sheet. Upon the sheet, however, sat
four ornate reliquaries. Decorated with pearls and golden flakes, the small, domed chests were priceless. The canopy of the cave had sheltered the reliquaries from the bombs and storms alike; despite their age, the four reliquaries were pristine, save for the subtle wear-and-tear that left the doors of three of the four reliquaries jammed slightly ajar. An attempt to peer through the cracks in these doors would reveal that each contained a small, identical Crown Carved From Bone. The fourth reliquary's door was closed but unlocked; if the Returned wanted to check inside, all they had to do was unfasten the small latch the held its doors shut.

@Capri @Takumi @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Crunch @Lucky

A look of confusion crossed Silque's face as she tried to study the circles of stones carefully.

---

Meanwhile, in the cave, Alice paused for only a second as she tried to see what was in the reliquaries, puttingher knife away fir now when it appearedthere was no immediate threat. What she saw caused a brow to raise.

What the fuck? Crowns made of bones? It left her confused.

After a moment of hesitation, Alice tried to caerfully take a peek inside the fourth reliquary.

"What the fuck is all of this?" She muttered to herself. Something felt off to her, but she couldn't quite place it. Were these some sort of artifacts related to An'Lu'Munus or something? Or did it have to do with the three graves that she saw before coming in here? If so then why were four here?

@Sark @Capri @Everyone @Gardens

ROMAN HALLIDAY & MADDIE PALMER
@Sark @Minerva @Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crunch

"Wait..." Roman said, "What if... fist of the phoenix... a phoenix rose from the dead, right?"

Roman turned to the group, in front of the doors.

"If you remember... we died on that day... and... I remember, at one point I had... electrical powers that... An'Lu'Munus gave to me..."

Roman turned to the doors, "I think this door might be... for us... for those who were quote-on-quote chosen,"

Meanwhile, Maddie followed Ashe, wary of everything around her.

JEFF KOVAL
@Sark @Takumi

Jeff found the familiarity of the statues rather... strange, so he inspected the four statues of the women.​

Beau and Jester

It had been a long time since either of them had ever been not fighting, but it was more than enough. It was enough that they were still together and worked as a team. Growing closer over time and when it came time to go back to where it all started, it seemed that there were choices and both the tiefling and the monk agreed that the answers came from the tomb

" That does make a lost of sense, Roman. Since we were chosen, perhaps- wait- part me like the sea, I don't understand," Jester said, trying to think of what it might mean.

" I might have an idea," Beau replied as she released a fury of Beaus on the wall, giving a mighty punch.

@Sark @Minerva @Takumi @Capri @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Crunch @Tomb

Henry "Survivor Danger Hart and Caleb Widogast

Henry didn't know what this place meant to everyone as he had not been one of the Chosen. He had survived an island and that was about it. He still didn't even understand how that had happened. He would follow Alice into the cave as it seemed the safest as he knew no one else. " I don't know what to make of this."

Caleb would look at the statues.

@Sark @Capri @Takumi @Gardens

Beau and Jester

It had been a long time since either of them had ever been not fighting, but it was more than enough. It was enough that they were still together and worked as a team. Growing closer over time and when it came time to go back to where it all started, it seemed that there were choices and both the tiefling and the monk agreed that the answers came from the tomb

" That does make a lost of sense, Roman. Since we were chosen, perhaps- wait- part me like the sea, I don't understand," Jester said, trying to think of what it might mean.

" I might have an idea," Beau replied as she released a fury of Beaus on the wall, giving a mighty punch.

@Sark @Minerva @Takumi @Capri @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Crunch @Tomb

Henry "Survivor Danger Hart and Caleb Widogast

Henry didn't know what this place meant to everyone as he had not been one of the Chosen. He had survived an island and that was about it. He still didn't even understand how that had happened. He would follow Alice into the cave as it seemed the safest as he knew no one else. " I don't know what to make of this."

Caleb would look at the statues.

@Sark @Capri @Takumi @Gardens

tumblr_ppllkuj7Cc1tbqin0o3_100.jpg

"Neither can I, but we'll figure it out." She replied, glancing to Henry briefly, before back at the reliquary in front of her.

There was a pause before she spoke again.

a7974083d75446237c058fadef25be1356482b16.jpg

"Well, if there's even anything that needs any figuring out. I'm not that smart but I have this feeling that somethings gonna happen, let's just hope it's in our favor." She added.

@Sark @Lucky @Capri @Garden Cave

Valkyrie had drawn her weapons as well as she followed after Ashe. "Let's quietly move forward. Blood will shed once we find our target." She started to slowly stalk towards the left staircase and moved forward.

@Minerva @Capri @Lucky @Takumi @Sark @Yun Lee @Crunch

ROMAN HALLIDAY & MADDIE PALMER
@Sark @Minerva @Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crunch

"Wait..." Roman said, "What if... fist of the phoenix... a phoenix rose from the dead, right?"

"If you remember... we died on that day... and... I remember, at one point I had... electrical powers that... An'Lu'Munus gave to me..."

Roman turned to the doors, "I think this door might be... for us... for those who were quote-on-quote chosen,"

JEFF KOVAL
@Sark @Takumi

Jeff found the familiarity of the statues rather... strange, so he inspected the four statues of the women.​

Ashe, though also wary, gave Maddie a reassuring look over his shoulder. A small smile formed on his lips, as strained as it was. Even if she had trouble using the mace he gave her to protect herself, he'd be by her side.

fea8680f513ecc87532981e6e172c29bf92d4183.jpg

The former Thief was on edge, and in response to Valkyrie he frowned, his lips slowly turning downwards as his brows furrowed. He was so sick of bloodshed, of fighting. He was so tired of it, of war.

This was just a long neverending war, but hopefully they could put an end to it, close the book and never let a sequel be made from history repeating itself to stain the pages in blood, and not ink.

He'd push on for Ferddie and Maddie though, wouldn't let his comrades who passed on, who died trying to reach this tomb...no, no, he wouldn't let their deaths be in vain.

@Sark @Jeremi @Capri @Tomb @Everyone

Meanwhile, in the cave, Alice paused for only a second as she tried to see what was in the reliquaries, puttingher knife away fir now when it appearedthere was no immediate threat. What she saw caused a brow to raise.

What the fuck? Crowns made of bones? It left her confused.

After a moment of hesitation, Alice tried to caerfully take a peek inside the fourth reliquary.

"What the fuck is all of this?" She muttered to herself. Something felt off to her, but she couldn't quite place it. Were these some sort of artifacts related to An'Lu'Munus or something? Or did it have to do with the three graves that she saw before coming in here? If so then why were four here?

@Sark @Capri @Everyone @Gardens
G A R D E N - C A V E
The fourth reliquary opened with a long, pitchy creak. It's hinges were strangers to use. As soon as Alice removed her hand from the door, it fell off of the case in a single, clean motion. What had started out as a quick peek instead revealed the contents of the reliquary to anyone standing in or near the cave.
The case contained three clean, well-maintained items: a small, emerald knife, a pocket watch, and a small glass vial containing a single drop of water. The knife was hot to touch, despite the coolness of its case. The pocket watch appeared to be broken; it ticked backwards, repeating the same few seconds over and over. Other than this peculiarity, the timepiece seemed relatively unremarkable; despite its grand reliquary, the watch itself was undecorated, plain, and silver. The glass vial appeared to be equally 'normal', if any of the Returned still knew what 'normal' was. The droplet was held in place by a small cork stopper which twitched whenever it was touched. It was almost as if the stopped wished to be removed, or if the drop of water wanted to get out.

A look of confusion crossed Silque's face as she tried to study the circles of stones carefully.
The stones appeared to be just that: white stones. The did not appear to be magical, or particularly old, or particularly interesting in any way. They were, however, intentionally arranged. The three stone circles were identical in size and shape. The size of the circles seemed to match the size of the small, bone crowns Alice had found within the reliquaries.

Jeff found the familiarity of the statues rather... strange, so he inspected the four statues of the women.
The statue nearest to Jeff seemed particularly... strange. The more he inspected it, the more interesting it became. Perhaps he had started inspecting in the hopes of working out who it depicted, or what its purpose might have been. But his mind soon started to wander. He found himself marveling at its construction, its beauty, its design. The statue was incredible. Indescribable. Hypnotic. He couldn't help but touch its hand. He couldn't help himself. For a moment, he wasn't himself. He just... had... to... hold her hand...

An electric shock. Pain flooded the boy's system. His legs buckled, and he fell to his knees, his trance broken. By the time he came to his senses, the garden had changed. The statue he had been inspecting had moved. She was no longer content to hide in the garden's corner covering its face. She now stood proud and tall, looming over the three gravestones in the center of the garden, her arms stretched wide. In one hand, the statue now held a long, marble spear. In her other hand, she held a shield in the shape of Jeff's screaming face.
@Takumi @Capri @Lucky @Jeremi @Yun Lee

Valkyrie had drawn her weapons as well as she followed after Ashe. "Let's quietly move forward. Blood will shed once we find our target." She started to slowly stalk towards the left staircase and moved forward.
U P S T A I R S
A long hallway stretched out from the top of the staircase, connecting one side of the castle to the other. A dusty, velvet carpet ran the length of hall, with golden tassels marking its start and send. The hall's stone walls war marked with a series of grand, golden paintings and idols. Each clearly depicted the Goddess tending to her followers. In one, the Goddess, depicted as a glowing, emerald giant, plucked the sun from the sky to grant her subjects fire. In another, she bled onto a field of wheat, bestowing upon her followers the gifts of food, water, and land. In another, she sat upon a great emerald throne, bestowing 'grace' upon four of her most trusted companions. Their identities were impossible to determine; their faces, like the face of the Goddess, had been burned or scraped from each and every painting.
Before Valkyrie could pick one of the many rooms that lined the hallway, however, she felt a sudden, cold wave wash over her. She felt a shiver run down her spine. Her breath turned to fold, and her hairs stoop up on their ends. The color seemed to drain from the room.
"Leave this place..." A voice wheezed. "Go. Begone."

@Jeremi

Beau and Jester

Ashe, though also wary, gave Maddie a reassuring look over his shoulder. A small smile formed on his lips, as strained as it was. Even if she had trouble using the mace he gave her to protect herself, he'd be by her side.

The former Thief was on edge, and in response to Valkyrie he frowned, his lips slowly turning downwards as his brows furrowed. He was so sick of bloodshed, of fighting. He was so tired of it, of war.

This was just a long neverending war, but hopefully they could put an end to it, close the book and never let a sequel be made from history repeating itself to stain the pages in blood, and not ink.

He'd push on for Ferddie and Maddie though, wouldn't let his comrades who passed on, who died trying to reach this tomb...no, no, he wouldn't let their deaths be in vain.
T O M B
Beau's punches never connected the the Tomb's grand inner door. All it took was her balling her fist and drawing it back for the door the rumble to life. With a mighty boom, they swung open with startling speed, as if they were attempting to 'doge' the monk's attack. Roman's instincts were spot on. It was as if the door was waiting for them. The door was almost... excited by the presence.

Behind the door, a long corridor stretched. Its domed ceiling was held aloft by a series of grand marble pillars. Each one was smooth and undecorated. In fact, the whole chamber lacked the Goddess' typical gaudy excess. Everything was sheer, plain, and cold. In the near distance- about 400 meters down the hall- a woman in a white gown knelt before another set of grand doors. These doors were propped slightly open by the foot of another figure. Open hearing the first set of doors open, the woman stumbled to her feet clutching her side. Nervous, and perhaps afraid, she scrambled towards the second set of doors. Before the Returned could react, the woman, now cast in a warm, emerald glow, was desperately pulling the heavy doors in a futile attempt to close them behind her.

@Takumi @Capri @Lucky

Despite her uneasiness and a possible threat looming over her, Valkyrie pushed on. “We are on a mission to slay a beast who has the multiverse in its clutches. What power do you have to command me?” She replied in defiance as she continued forward.

@Sark

Back