The Goddess' Staff.

Dominic pushed the door open and rolled his eyes. Of course this kid was not going to be any help. "The hell." Grumbling under his breath he shut the door again and wandered into the main room. "I need..." Before he could finish Dominic passed out.

Silvan was right there looking through a couple of vaccines for various disease, there must be a treatment for every kind of virus that exists. He then looked at Dominic for a moment and ran towards him quickly. "Oh, no." he commented to himself. He then proceeded to bring him to an infirmary

Dominic woke up and found himself stating at a ceiling. His atm was spasming and the bone along with the spines protruded grotesquely from the injury. Unfortunately broken bones were no small thing for his race. "I think I'm dying," Dominic moaned. He probably wasn't, but the arm sure hurt.

Silvan looked around for a bit, then he found a manual on Quotian biology, proceeding to read the book very, very quickly. "Well, surgery is the easiest way to fix all that. Is there anyone I can call before I begin preparing the procedure?" He continued to read the book, the words were tiny and the content had a lot

Casting the human a dirty look he hissed, "I think a real surgeon would be start." Another surge of pain went through his arm and he gasped. "Nevermind. Just get it done fast."

"Oh I'm not doing it, she is." Silvan pointed to the alien. This alien had a much more slender suit that fitted her body, her temperature was much more secure. Silvan closed the curtains and got out the necessary instruments to remove any broken pieces of bone.

"Alright, we're going to put you to sleep before we start." the alien said

"What!?" Dominic almost say up in panic when he saw how the human seemed to think that the burning blubber lady was going to help. Despite his attempts the little alien didn't last long till the anesthetic knocked him out.

The procedure was fairly simply, first Dominic's heart would be stopped, so there would be no blood flow, of course that would result in brain damage so his entire body would be cooled down to stop all metabolic reactions. That gave a few hours of surgery until he's dead. The actual surgery basically involved taking every peace of bone that was in his muscles and blood stream, even the microscopic kind. Then when all of the bone pieces, they were put back together, and reattached to the rest of him, perfectly like they were never broken in the first place

Dominic didn't wake up immediately after the procedure. It took nearly an extra hour before he woke and he could still feel the swelling in his arm. It hurt less now that it was back together, but he felt wary. "Why don't you have me in a cast?"

"Try not no move your muscles for today, you're still healing. We'll put on the cast, but we can't risk activating those spikes on your arm." Silvan replied to Dominic. Th procedure was over and everything's back to normal

Dominic winced some when he felt a wrap start around his arm. "Spikes are my protection. Will they be the same?" He couldn't help worrying about that part.

"They're fine, just don't use them for a couple of days, until they're better." The alien responded. The bandages were eventually wrapped around his arm, very tightly to keep the bones in tack

"Ok" the alien mumbled under his breath. He didn't like being all wrapped up, but it was better than losing the spines permanently. "When does the old lady alien get here?"

Silvan shrugged and heard a bit of shatter outside, it sounded like someone walking right into the entire structure. He looked around at the entrance. "Oh, I think they just arrived."

"Mom, I think you're overreacting just a little, the ships have remained mostly inactive. I doubt you're planning anything." the first person said, their footsteps were oddly loud.

"Nonsense, I don't take kindly to any fleet of ships entering just too near to this solar system. I'm preparing a forward assault." the other person responded, this one seemed a lot more older. "Now where's my grandchild?"

(I'm back. Moving and bunches of paperwork stuff had me slowed down and bogged for a while.)

As if the day couldn't get any worse there was suddenly the sound of more aliens and Dominic rolled his eyes. "Seriously you're gonna make an attack when it was just us bringing your stupid thingy back?" His little bottled version of the ship was pointing furiously toward what appeared to be an empty space. "I just brought your ship back and this little thing that supposedly listens to whoever. Should probably program it so that it only listens to you."

(it's cool)

"No, we're not going to attack you, we're talking about something else entirely." the first one said, proceeding to take the staff, it became some cuffs and then a chip was removed from within it.

The second one took the chip and placed it on a table, that deactivated everything and the little ship in the glass just turned into dust, very dusty dust that might be added. "Anything you need for your troubles?" she asked

Since he had come all this way and then they were going to make fun of him to for a very simple assumption Dominic figured he may as well think big. It sounded like they were going to leave it up to him to ask for what he wanted. "Well, I want the technology to make those little ships and stuff." That was about all the bigger he could think for now and it was a great idea so far as he was concerned. Looking from one to another he waited for them to respond. Surely they would be ok if that was all he asked for? Maybe not, considering it was a rather good idea and some great technology.

The second one just tossed him the ship as if it didn't quite matter. There was a lot of similar stuff to have and it didn't take much for one person to figure it out independently. Everyone would realize that 2+2=4 on their own eventually. Usually it's the rate that poses the problem often enough too quick development without proper evolutionary or even cultural adaptation can result in some disaster. "Here, don't blow up your entire species trying to play with it." she warned very casually.

Almost instantly Dominic flared. "My entire species! We're not just some species and you're just stuck on your high throne." They were stuck with their noses in the air and he'd just asked for an influential product and material. Worst of all they tossed it to him like it was garbage of sorts and he started to wonder what else they had that he might want. "Well, is there more that I can take home then?"

Back