Status
Not open for further replies.
Temple of the Fellowship:
Lower City

Azrael froze for a moment, his eyes widening. Were these strangers.... actually working together? It was a nice change, to say the least. Most days he could hardly get the Captain to stand in line. But now, with their lives on the line, a handful of strangers from different worlds and faiths had come together. They had bought themselves a small advantage. They had to push it.
"Keep him down!!" Azrael cried as he swung his flaming blade back over his shoulder. The Demon was pinned beneath the blade of Omnimon, frozen by CFW Magic and riddled with lead by Maddie and the Captain. Azrael forced all thoughts of retreat from his mind. The Agent of the Bat placed his blade atop of Braves, their flames mixing, growing, dancing.
View attachment 4441

"NOW!"
As CFW Brave and Azrael charged the pinned demon, the strength of their weapons combined. They tore a wounded through the beasts heart large enough that no mortal magics could save it. It tried to use its last breaths on one final scream, but nothing but a splutter came out. With a heaving groan, the creature stumbled back from the pair's blade and onto its back. Defeated.

"We... did it..." Azrael muttered, taking a moment to breathe against a fallen pillar. His eyes fell to Team Stay. "You killed it. We never would have been able to damn that thing if it wasn't for---"

He laughed.

"Who the Hell are you guys?"

"I misjudged you..." The Captain smirked, removing his mask. "And that's something that doesn't happen every day. Consider it a compliment."
The Captain outstretched his robotic right hand.
View attachment 4447

"The name's Eli White. The pleasure's all mine."

"I warned you, my children. I warned you that your actions have will have consequences. What you have done today... this 'good'... shall bring death tomorrow... You have set events in motion. Events that I cannot fully foresee. Tomorrow's blood will be on your hands."

@Crow @York @amwexia @Takumi @amwexia @TeamStay

Upper City

View attachment 4449
"Oh, I like you..." Blackheart hissed, cracking his white mask from his face. Two blazing eyes scalded Eliphas' flesh. With a wave of his hand, Blackheart burned the bodies between himself as Eliphas to cinders, including Izana's. "All fire and bluster... let us do away with these distractions and duel like men..."

The demon rolled his wrists and brandished his blade. He slowly lumbered towards Eliphas and the remaining Chosen.

"Dance with me, you Pious Fools. Dance with me!"

"Do you want me to save you, Beast?" The Goddess' stare grew cold. "Do you want me take yet more responsibilities from you? Do you want me to hold your hand? Baby you?"

The Goddess placed her hands on Mother's temples and closed her eyes, ignoring to beast's resistance.

"I could change you, 'Mother'. I could fix you with a thought. It would be as easy as flicking a switch. But I'm not in the business of changing minds..." She muttered. "I prefer to open them..."

[BOOM]

2 Minutes ago, a Divergent Timeline
Big Mother's eyes fell to her pale hands. To her long blonde hair. To her flowing robes. She was inside the body of Izana. She was Izana. She looked up to find the hands of her past self reaching down towards her.

"No, Izana. In fact..." Big Mother grabbed 'Izana' by her collar and threw her towards the demons and Blackheart. "It is about time your sham of a vow is tested." A beast usually shows its true colours when its life is on the line.

[CRACK-OOMM]

Blackheart's blade came hurtling down towards the stony street, sending shockwaves across the city. With a crack and a splat, Big Mother's body hit the road. Her legs and head hit the ground not long after

"The first to fall, sent to my realm by one of the Goddess' own... I'm getting a strange sense of Deja Vu..."

Big Mother watched Izana's life flash before her eyes. A life of peace and pleasure. A life of parties and parlours. A life of neutrality. A life of Best-Hair awards. All his fears and dreams. All his pain and joy. It became hers. She became Izana.

After a moment of excruciating pain, Big Mother slipped back into that familiar void. Cold. Alone.

The Goddess reached out to him once again.

Now
"Did you enjoy that little trip though time, 'Mother'?" The Goddess smiled, placing Mother's spirit back inside her body. "Perhaps you'd like to walk in the shoes of one of your other victims? Time means nothing to me. I can dance this dance for all eternity. I could place your soul in a thousand different bodies in a thousand different timelines. And I will, if it help you to understand how small you are. I will let you die by your own had a triillion times over if it helps you to understand see the vile creature you have let yourself become."

@amwexia @Jeremi @amwexia @Yun Lee @Crow @Raynar Saassin @TeamIzana

MADDIE

“Oh shut up you whispery bitch!” Maddie muttered, “You aren’t my mom.”

Her eyes befall the boy who calls himself “Ashe”

He’s kinda cute, she thought.

“I’m Madison Palmer, you can call me Maddie,” Maddie said.

@Crow @York @amwexia @Takumi @Sark @TeamStay

—-///—-///—-///—-

ROMAN

“H-holy shit!” Roman muttered under his breath. “I-I’ll j-just...”

His immense fear struck another bolt at the demons.

@Sark @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Raynar Saassin @Crow @amwexia @Crunch @TeamDeadzana

Azrael froze for a moment, his eyes widening. Were these strangers.... actually working together? It was a nice change, to say the least. Most days he could hardly get the Captain to stand in line. But now, with their lives on the line, a handful of strangers from different worlds and faiths had come together. They had bought themselves a small advantage. They had to push it.
"Keep him down!!" Azrael cried as he swung his flaming blade back over his shoulder. The Demon was pinned beneath the blade of Omnimon, frozen by CFW Magic and riddled with lead by Maddie and the Captain. Azrael forced all thoughts of retreat from his mind. The Agent of the Bat placed his blade atop of Braves, their flames mixing, growing, dancing.
upload_2019-11-30_11-14-37-png.4441

"NOW!"
As CFW Brave and Azrael charged the pinned demon, the strength of their weapons combined. They tore a wounded through the beasts heart large enough that no mortal magics could save it. It tried to use its last breaths on one final scream, but nothing but a splutter came out. With a heaving groan, the creature stumbled back from the pair's blade and onto its back. Defeated.

"We... did it..." Azrael muttered, taking a moment to breathe against a fallen pillar. His eyes fell to Team Stay. "You killed it. We never would have been able to damn that thing if it wasn't for---"

He laughed.

"I misjudged you..." The Captain smirked, removing his mask. "And that's something that doesn't happen every day. Consider it a compliment."
ls-png.4447

"I warned you, my children. I warned you that your actions have will have consequences. What you have done today... this 'good'... shall bring death tomorrow... You have set events in motion. Events that I cannot fully foresee. Tomorrow's blood will be on your hands."

Once the fighting had ended, the so-called Goddess decided to speak to the group about the actions they had caused, and how the blood to come afterwards would be on their hands. This inevitably caused Magic to laugh.

"If this blood is dedicated to Arfoire, then I shall do what must be done. You clearly don't know very much about the ones you have resurrected, "Goddess"."
"My blade goes to Magic and the great Arfoire. While blood is to be shed, the more devoted we are to our cause. I'm sorry if we aren't to your liking, "Goddess" but that is how things work around here."

@Crow @York @amwexia @Takumi @TeamStay

bgh-png.4449

"Oh, I like you..."
Blackheart hissed, cracking his white mask from his face. Two blazing eyes scalded Eliphas' flesh. With a wave of his hand, Blackheart burned the bodies between himself as Eliphas to cinders, including Izana's. "All fire and bluster... let us do away with these distractions and duel like men..."

The demon rolled his wrists and brandished his blade. He slowly lumbered towards Eliphas and the remaining Chosen.

b6c.gif

"Mister Demon? Are you ready for your shot?"
"Compa... Sometimes you scare me. But you're right. Whoever the hell you are, we aren't going to go down that easy!"
"I'm ready, Iffy~!"
"Right. Come on, Compa. Let's go!"

Compa readied her Syringe while IF harnessed her inner magic and unleashed a circle underneath Blackheart which would raise up and deal magical damage towards him! Alongside this attack, Compa drew a love heart in front of her with her Syringe which would become an actual projectile, launching towards Blackheart!

"La Delphinus!"
"Compa Love Heart!~"

@amwexia @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Crow @Crunch @TeamIzana​

Beauregard

" There's always blood on your hands tomorrow. Death is a pretty common thing. Actually, it's the only given thing in life. Death and gods fucking with people to do their bidding. And even if we set an event into motion that you can't foresee, then we can certainly stop it. Fucking up and fixing your shit is just something you learn to do in life. So, we fix tomorrow's problem when it comes and celeberate what happens today."

@Crow @York @amwexia @Takumi @Raynar Saassin @Sark @TeamStay

Jester

Jester had watched in horror at everything that has transpired at first, but snapped out of when Blackheart came for her companions. " We are not your playthings, Blackheart," she replied. " Spiritual Weapon." Jester summoned a giant lollipop with a jagged edge and would attempt to smash Blackheart upside the head with it.

@amwexia @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Crow @Crunch @Sark @TeamIzana

8aa634a375ff74511542cb3062132823.png

"Oh, I would hardly consider you to be a 'man', Blackheart. More of an angry hound, gnashing in anger at that which you cannot understand. And yet a hound must follow his instinct, so none can call it foolish for making such a mistake."

"At least you'll have that, if nothing else."

The cold helmet did not react to Blackheart's seething eyes for it's bearer had already seen through the demon's bravado. A deep chuckle exuded from the Inheritor while his body twisted to the side, allowing Compa, IF and Jester to deliver their paltry attacks to the demon's body. It would act as a distraction for Eliphas, as his towering frame moved across the battlefield like an impending storm.

FWOOOOM!

A sharp humming split the air, casting a beam of scorching light that was poised to pierce the demon's thigh. Gripped in Eliphas' other hand was a gunmetal-grey rifle, large enough to require any lesser man to hold it with both hands. The gun appeared ancient and warped, the metal twisted into demented shapes and pieces of the rifle resembling thin layers of breathing skin.

Eliphas pulled the rifle back and surged the rest of his frame forward, winding up his judgment arm and casting the weight upwards, attempting to slam the head of the Crozius into Blackheart's putrid jaw.

@amwexia @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Crow @Lucky @Sark @TeamIzana​

Ashe's joy was dashed as the Goddess spoke to the group. The smile on his face grew slightly strained before it fell away into a nuetral one.

'What do you mean?' he asked, hesitantly. It wasn't right to just let people die. He just...he couldn't, not again. Not after Lonato and the villagers.

He was pulled out of his thoughts by the two...what were they called before, Secularists? He turned to look at them, his gaze curiously going to the mechanical arm of Eli White. He took it and gave it a shake, before his curious gaze went to the man's face.

"Ashe." He kept his introduction simple, besides where he came from didn't matter much here, in the end.

MADDIE

“Oh shut up you whispery bitch!” Maddie muttered, “You aren’t my mom.”

Her eyes befall the boy who calls himself “Ashe”

He’s kinda cute, she thought.

“I’m Madison Palmer, you can call me Maddie,” Maddie said.
Beauregard

" There's always blood on your hands tomorrow. Death is a pretty common thing. Actually, it's the only given thing in life. Death and gods fucking with people to do their bidding. And even if we set an event into motion that you can't foresee, then we can certainly stop it. Fucking up and fixing your shit is just something you learn to do in life. So, we fix tomorrow's problem when it comes and celeberate what happens today."

@Crow @York @amwexia @Takumi @Raynar Saassin @Sark @TeamStay

Once the fighting had ended, the so-called Goddess decided to speak to the group about the actions they had caused, and how the blood to come afterwards would be on their hands. This inevitably caused Magic to laugh.

"If this blood is dedicated to Arfoire, then I shall do what must be done. You clearly don't know very much about the ones you have resurrected, "Goddess"."
"My blade goes to Magic and the great Arfoire. While blood is to be shed, the more devoted we are to our cause. I'm sorry if we aren't to your liking, "Goddess" but that is how things work around here."​
Lower City

"Your callous attitude towards the future unnerves me, my Child..." The Goddess whispered. "We need to safeguard our future. We need to save our Tomorrow. Even as we speak, there are the Godless are gathering. Plotting. I wish I could tell you more, but Izana… Big Mother has murdered Izana. Without him, my connection to the future has grown weak. My visions are growing cloudy. But even as my future shifts, I know this for certain: Eli White is not your friend. Eli White is not to be trusted!"

"Maddie, Ashe, Welcome to the Secularists" Eli smiled, before releasing Ashe's hand. "From the looks of things, Blackheart's children are pulling out. We should be safe to move in soon. We'll be able to recover the bodies and the Sacred Texts before---"

[BOOM]

"What the Hell was that?"

Jester had watched in horror at everything that has transpired at first, but snapped out of when Blackheart came for her companions. " We are not your playthings, Blackheart," she replied. " Spiritual Weapon." Jester summoned a giant lollipop with a jagged edge and would attempt to smash Blackheart upside the head with it.

@amwexia @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Crow @Crunch @Sark @TeamIzana
Upper City

Blackheart let the force of Jester's strike ripple through his skull. He smiled through the lick of pain it brought him. Without hesitation, he caught the jagged weapon with one of his large hands before Jester could draw it back. Using his weapon as an anchor, Blackheart dragged Jester towards his and struck him with a crushing headbutt, the shocking force of which send cracks tumbling across the stones at their feet.

"A pitiful effort. Who's next---?"
Alongside this attack, Compa drew a love heart in front of her with her Syringe which would become an actual projectile, launching towards Blackheart!

"La Delphinus!"
"Compa Love Heart!~"​
Blakcheart sensed Compa's power grow long before the projectile left her syringe. He could smell her attack coming. He lunged towards Jester, his reflexes fast as lighting. He took the boy's head in his hands and threw him towards to incoming projectile.

"I had been promised entertainment---"
IF harnessed her inner magic and unleashed a circle underneath Blackheart which would raise up and deal magical damage towards him!

"La Delphinus!"
"Compa Love Heart!~"

@amwexia @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Crow @Crunch @TeamIzana​
As IF's power surged forth beneath Blackheart, he drew a crest of his own in the sand. A 5 sided star. A shield.

[BOOM]

IF's power collided with his own beneath the city, sending glowing cracks rippling across the stones. Whilst his demonic seal kept La Delphinus at bay, Blackheart slowly stepped free of its blast radius.

"---But you've all done little to keep my boredom at bay... perhaps bleeding you will keep my mind occupied!"
FWOOOOM!

A sharp humming split the air, casting a beam of scorching light that was poised to pierce the demon's thigh. Gripped in Eliphas' other hand was a gunmetal-grey rifle, large enough to require any lesser man to hold it with both hands. The gun appeared ancient and warped, the metal twisted into demented shapes and pieces of the rifle resembling thin layers of breathing skin.

Eliphas pulled the rifle back and surged the rest of his frame forward, winding up his judgment arm and casting the weight upwards, attempting to slam the head of the Crozius into Blackheart's putrid jaw.

@amwexia @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Crow @Lucky @Sark @TeamIzana​
IF's La Delphinus and Silque's Nosferatu blasts had drawn Blackheart's attention away from the rest of the party, leaving the Demon open to Eliphas' attack. Blackheart winced as flames leapt from the fresh wound in his thigh. He spat venom through his teeth and snarled. Slowly, his grimace transformed into a sadistic smile.

"At least one among you has mastered the art of the cheap sho--"

[CRACK]

Eliphas' follow-up strike connected with Blackheart's jaw, his face still softened from Jester's first strike. The force of the blow was enough to send the demon stumbling backwards. For a moment, he lost all compose and took his jaw into his hands. He fell uncharacteristically silent.

Soon, he opened his mouth to say something, but his sentence was cut short by another earth-shaking boom. But this tremor didn't come from a large attack or from the lips of a large demon. It came from the sky.
View attachment 4453
[BOOOM]
Crimson clouds consumed the sky. The wind roared louder and faster than before. The earth continued to shake not relenting for a moment. Thunder cracked. Many of the smaller demons turned around and ran for the hills.

"Well, well, well..." Blackheart spat a stream of black blood into the dirt. "It appears as if we're all out of time..."

She grabbed one of the nearby demons and ripped it in half before tossing the two pieces into the horde. "I will see this through to the end Goddess and if I like what I see...then I will introduce you to another God. Now..." She spoke into the air as she cut a swath through the horde towards the demons master, Blackheart. "Will you try and subjugate me to your will for yet another mindless puppet to add to your followers. Or will you rather have someone genuinely spread your word to the masses? If your goal is only the former then strike me down here and now. If it is the latter then I have your true enemy in front of me that needs to be eliminated. I did, after all, choose to follow you here."
"Izana was important. No. He was more than important. He integral to the Great Plan. His Murder has jeopardised our hopes of salvation. Without his gift, we must find a new means of connecting the present to the future. You presumptuous attitude might have cost us our only chance of knowing what we are up against, you--"

As the skies darkened above her, the Goddess' lips slipped into a gasp.

"No..." She muttered, her eyes fixed on the heavens. "No... we were supposed to have more time... this world was supposed to have more time..."

@Crow @York @amwexia @Takumi @TeamStay​

Lower City

"Your callous attitude towards the future unnerves me, my Child..." The Goddess whispered. "We need to safeguard our future. We need to save our Tomorrow. Even as we speak, there are the Godless are gathering. Plotting. I wish I could tell you more, but Izana… Big Mother has murdered Izana. Without him, my connection to the future has grown weak. My visions are growing cloudy. But even as my future shifts, I know this for certain: Eli White is not your friend. Eli White is not to be trusted!"

"Maddie, Ashe, Welcome to the Secularists" Eli smiled, before releasing Ashe's hand. "From the looks of things, Blackheart's children are pulling out. We should be safe to move in soon. We'll be able to recover the bodies and the Sacred Texts before---"

[BOOM]

Upper City

Blackheart let the force of Jester's strike ripple through his skull. He smiled through the lick of pain it brought him. Without hesitation, he caught the jagged weapon with one of his large hands before Jester could draw it back. Using his weapon as an anchor, Blackheart dragged Jester towards his and struck him with a crushing headbutt, the shocking force of which send cracks tumbling across the stones at their feet.

Blakcheart sensed Compa's power grow long before the projectile left her syringe. He could smell her attack coming. He lunged towards Jester, his reflexes fast as lighting. He took the boy's head in his hands and threw him towards to incoming projectile.

As IF's power surged forth beneath Blackheart, he drew a crest of his own in the sand. A 5 sided star. A shield.

[BOOM]

IF's power collided with his own beneath the city, sending glowing cracks rippling across the stones. Whilst his demonic seal kept La Delphinus at bay, Blackheart slowly stepped free of its blast radius.

"---But you've all done little to keep my boredom at bay... perhaps bleeding you will keep my mind occupied!"

IF's La Delphinus and Silque's Nosferatu blasts had drawn Blackheart's attention away from the rest of the party, leaving the Demon open to Eliphas' attack. Blackheart winced as flames leapt from the fresh wound in his thigh. He spat venom through his teeth and snarled. Slowly, his grimace transformed into a sadistic smile.

[CRACK]

Eliphas' follow-up strike connected with Blackheart's jaw, his face still softened from Jester's first strike. The force of the blow was enough to send the demon stumbling backwards. For a moment, he lost all compose and took his jaw into his hands. He fell uncharacteristically silent.

Soon, he opened his mouth to say something, but his sentence was cut short by another earth-shaking boom. But this tremor didn't come from a large attack or from the lips of a large demon. It came from the sky.
View attachment 4453
[BOOOM]
Crimson clouds consumed the sky. The wind roared louder and faster than before. The earth continued to shake not relenting for a moment. Thunder cracked. Many of the smaller demons turned around and ran for the hills.

"Well, well, well..." Blackheart spat a stream of black blood into the dirt. "It appears as if we're all out of time..."

"Izana was important. No. He was more than important. He integral to the Great Plan. His Murder has jeopardised our hopes of salvation. Without his gift, we must find a new means of connecting the present to the future. You presumptuous attitude might have cost us our only chance of knowing what we are up against, you--"

"No..." She muttered, her eyes fixed on the heavens. "No... we were supposed to have more time... this world was supposed to have more time..."

The roiling clouds evoked a low and level laugh from Eliphas, who swept the Crozius back to a downwards-facing position and planted the sharp implement into the ground, resting his gauntlets upon the hilt. The weapon savored the blood of the demon whom it had stricken, bolts of pink chaotic energy leaping from its head to the ground. The Dark Apostle calmly stood like a black lighthouse amidst the chaos surrounding him, cape billowing with the winds and feet unmoved by the quaking earth.

It truly was... magnificent.

What a rapturous feeling it is to witness the forces of nature cast an entire world to oblivion. To watch it shudder and collapse, writhing its in final death throes, every soul upon its surface be extinguished in one grand display.... Eliphas could not bring himself to continue fighting. He merely stood and admired the calamity of it all.

"Ah, what a pleasure it is to experience this with you all," Eliphas sneered with some sarcasm in his voice, awakening from his static state and turning around to look at his 'comrades'. "But my works are not yet done. The time to withdraw is now. May Tzeentch expedite my retreat."

Eliphas knew that the Architect of Fate would not will him to die here, for He still needs the Inheritor to carry out their plans.

Without another word (or even a look) spared towards Blackheart, Eliphas began to trudge back towards the rest of the group, practically looking directly at the Goddess as if he knew that she was there, looming around the figure of Big Mother. While chaos consumed this world, he would calmly wait for the 'plot' to carry itself forward.

Lower City

[BOOM]

Upper City

[BOOM]

[CRACK]

View attachment 4453
[BOOOM]

And so Big Mother found out something very important. Despite her powers over time and potentially space...the 'Goddess' was fallible. Her word was not absolute. If he had been so important...no dwelling on that was not important right now. Izana's obnoxious nature was just a superiority complex.

1lgbhcN.png

"Then we perceiver and push on," Big Mother replied back to the 'Goddess'. "I have not survived for millennia by only having one contingency, nor would I believe one such as you would either. Goddess." Meek and submissive was not Big Mother's way, but some times a firm tone of a mother could be enough to shape a new path moving forward.​

The roiling clouds evoked a low and level laugh from Eliphas, who swept the Crozius back to a downwards-facing position and planted the sharp implement into the ground, resting his gauntlets upon the hilt. The weapon savored the blood of the demon whom it had stricken, bolts of pink chaotic energy leaping from its head to the ground. The Dark Apostle calmly stood like a black lighthouse amidst the chaos surrounding him, cape billowing with the winds and feet unmoved by the quaking earth.

It truly was... magnificent.

What a rapturous feeling it is to witness the forces of nature cast an entire world to oblivion. To watch it shudder and collapse, writhing its in final death throes, every soul upon its surface be extinguished in one grand display.... Eliphas could not bring himself to continue fighting. He merely stood and admired the calamity of it all.

"Ah, what a pleasure it is to experience this with you all," Eliphas sneered with some sarcasm in his voice, awakening from his static state and turning around to look at his 'comrades'. "But my works are not yet done. The time to withdraw is now. May Tzeentch expedite my retreat."

Eliphas knew that the Architect of Fate would not will him to die here, for He still needs the Inheritor to carry out their plans.

Without another word (or even a look) spared towards Blackheart, Eliphas began to trudge back towards the rest of the group, practically looking directly at the Goddess as if he knew that she was there, looming around the figure of Big Mother. While chaos consumed this world, he would calmly wait for the 'plot' to carry itself forward.

Suddenly a human in armor was looking straight where the Goddess stood. "It appears we have run out of time, human." Came her reply towards Eliphas who was now receiving a peculiar look from Big Mother.

oLzKqFE.png

"But you seem to have resigned yourself to our predicament. Commendable."
Having said that Big Mother did not budge either. Larger forces were at works. Evidently larger still than the 'Goddess' and while the demoness wished to battle further it seemed that there was not much left to do. "My agent likes to say something that I think screams true. 'Better luck next time'."

[BOOM]

"Your efforts are wasted."

Magic stated as she continued onwards with the group before stopping and looking towards the supposed spirit of the Goddess.

"Safeguard your future? You really believe that we are fighting for your future? I am fighting for the glory of my Goddess; the Deity of Sin. My true goddess will free us all."
"Arfoire will ensure that the children of this generation and many more to come have the pleasure of playing their video games without worrying of large price ranges. Whoever stands in our way shall face our wrath and hers, nothing more and nothing less."
"This Big Mother you speak of knows her boundaries and will not succumb to you, and neither shall we. Izana got more than he bargained for, messing with us, and they got what they deserved."

It would seem that the CFW's spoke their piece. When Eli White exclaimed in shock whatever the hell that explosion was, the CFW's readied for combat, pushing in front of him.

"It would seem those pests want to keep fighting us. Like those Goddess Candidates of ours back home, they are too persistent."
"Ready your blade, my friend---"

Brave exclaimed towards Azrael, who admired his admiration and courage when the two of them teamed up against the large demonic creature they fought earlier.

"We have more opponents to vanquish!"

@Sark @Crow @York @amwexia @Takumi @TeamStay

[BOOM]

"Iffy? It's not working..."
"It's definitely working, Compa. Our new friend has this handled."

Compa and IF stated to each other as Eliphas made his move on Blackheart.

upload_2019-12-4_2-13-18-png.4453

[BOOOM]

"What is this... Iffy?"
"I don't know but it's definitely nothing good..."
"What do we do?"

That was when the 'Goddess' decided to comment.

"Does that mean..."
"I think it means that whatever our chances are to figuring out exactly what's going on have gone down the drain."

This caused IF to stumble forward and address the group.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f76506955464b51574965445057513d3d2d3437352e313531353238333463303237323063303434323637343831363134352e676966

"Whatever's going on here, we just need to band together and work this out. If Izana was the key to the Goddesses's future, then it's up to us to see it through."
"Iffy! That's right. We can all do this together! If you need healing, I'm your nurse!"

@Sark @amwexia @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Crow @Crunch @TeamIzana​

"Ready your blade, my friend---"

Brave exclaimed towards Azrael, who admired his admiration and courage when the two of them teamed up against the large demonic creature they fought earlier.

"We have more opponents to vanquish!"​
Lower City

"It's not the Demons we're worried about," Azrael muttered, doing his best to hide the tinge of anxiety in his voice. He pressed his fingers against the side of his helmet, activating his communicator. "Azrael to the Fellowship. Do you read me? Do you-- Shit! I'm just getting static! White! Any luck?"

"No," Eli removed his fingers from his earpiece. "The Red Sky's blocking our signals. Our signals aren't leaving the planet, let alone the universe. We're on our own."

"Okay, Okay, Okay..." Azrael removed his helmet and did his best to slow his breathing. In a snap he composed himself, determination burning behind his eyes. They locked onto the CFWs, and did his best to shout over the growing winds. "The demons aren't important. They're crapping themselves right now, just like we are. The Earthquakes. The razor winds. The Red Skies. These are symptoms. Symptoms of a dying universe. They're only supposed to happen when a galaxy is approaching its natural death but..."

"But this world isn't supposed to die for another 2 billion years, give or take."

"Eli's right. The Fellowship has been investigating these 'Cosmic Natural Disasters' for months now. These CNDs are arriving early across the multiverse and we don't know why. All we know is---"

"--Is that once they start, they don't stop." Eli snapped. He threw his rifle-strap over his shoulder and stumbled to his face. He did his best to feel his way through the sea of dust, wooden splinters and dirt the raging winds had whipped up. "We don't have time for this, Azrael! We need to get back to the---"

[KRACK-OOM]

A beam of flaming lighting struck the ground before the Chosen. Its power was enough to send the party soaring backwards across the clearing.

"Here's the bit where I'm supposed to comfort you all and tell you that we're not fucked... But... we're fucked.."

@Raynar Saassin @amwexia @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Crow @Crunch @TeamIzana
"My agent likes to say something that I think screams true. 'Better luck next time'."
Temple of the Fellowship
Upper City

"Ah, such a pity there won't be a next time..." Blackheart chuckled. "Not for you, at least."

The Demon raise his hands. On his command, jittering blue flames and dancing towers of smoke began to leap from the earth around him.

"Give the Goddess my regards. You'll be seeing her again shortly..."

[BOOM]

In a flash of fire and brimstone, Blackheart disappeared, leaving little more than smoking pyre in his wake.

"I thought we had more time... But the Twilight has come for this world too..." The Goddess muttered as she cradled her brow. "I need to make ever second count. You need to listen to me." Her tone grew dire. Her mind reached out to all her chosen, in both Team Izana and Team Stay. "I need you to trust me. Once upon a time, I had the strength to save this world. But not anymore."

"No. I gave up that strength to save you."

"I am not the woman I was the last time the world needed me. I lack my means. My influence."

She tightened her ghostly fist.

"My body. The woman that stands before you? She is a phantom. The shadow of once unimaginably powerful being. A world shaker. A world changer..."

"Like it or not, the Multiverse needs that power again. It needs healing. It needs safeguarding. The Citadel isn't the first world to fall to the Twilight. It wont be the last."

The earth began to shake more violently. The skies grew darker. The lighting roared louder.

"There was so much I wanted to show you. So much I wanted to teach you. Despite your shortcomings... despite your resistance... it's so hard to say goodbye to you, my children. But to save you..."

The Goddess' skin began to glow brighter and brighter. Before long, she had transformed into a shimmering emerald beacon, he shining beams reaching out to touch the handful of souls remaining in the citadel.

"To save you, I'll have to give this world all I have left..."

[CRACK-OOM]

Lighting struck the Citadel, its power shattering the dome of the High Temple as if it were made of glass. The lighting lingered, long after striking the ground. The burning red thunderbolt lingered, chaining the earth to the heavens. Another lighting bolt fell and lingered. Then another. Then another. Gravity seemed to reverse itself. The Chosen felt their stomachs churn as their feet slowly began to drift into the air.

"This is it, My Children. Open your eyes. Drink it all in. The fate that shall before all if my tomb is not found. You have your mission. Find my tomb. Defeat the Devil." Her eyes met Compa's. "Safeguard our Future."

The sky began to fracture and shatter like glass. Shards of sky began to break away and drift towards the city. In their wake, a blinding white light poured. The white void of... nothing.

"Listen to me, Crumbling World!" The Goddess roared. "Listen to me, and kneel! Listen to your Goddess! You may lack the strength to heal you tonight, by I shall restore you some day! All I ask for in return is a scrap of land! Save my Chosen!!!"

A comforting warmth swarmed the Chosen!

"Save! My! Children!"

[BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM]

An explosion.

Then.

Nothing.

The Chosen found themselves floating in an endless white void, clinging to small chunks of stone.

They could only see each other. There was nothing else. Only white, and a faint, emerald glow radiating form their skin. The Goddess was nowhere to be seen. She lingered on as a voice in your ear.

"Find my Tomb. Defeat the Devil. Safeguard our Future."

In the near distance, the Chosen could make out the silhouettes of Team Stay and Secularist fighting force.

"What..." Eli muttered. "What the Hell just happened...? Why aren't we dead?"

Big Mother did not trust this man one bit. Neutrality was a sham, the cowards’ way. Humanity liked to think themselves beyond the laws of order and chaos but their humanity was the reason why they could not ever be fully neutral. The demoness was almost ready to contest Izana’s voice when another explosion echoed through the area.

The Goddess once again whispered into her mind sweet words that Big Mother did not really care one way or another about. Izana’s words, however. “Did you not imply you walked a path of neutrality? What do you care about these ‘friends’ bellow us?” The truth of the matter was that Big Mother didn’t care one way or another if these beings were saved or not. What she did enjoy however was question hypocrisy and holier than thou humans like what Izana was presenting himself as. For the time being, she folded her arms waiting to see what the others in the group had to say.

@Raynar Saassin @amwexia @Yun Lee @Crunch @Lucky @Nightwisher @Crow @Jeremi @Minerva @Takumi @York
Destroyed Council Chamber

View attachment 4420
"Oh, it looks like we have quite the moral conundrum on our hands..." Izana pursed his lips and stroked his chin in thought. "One on hand, I must agree with Roman. The Fellowship's forces are quite capable. Judging by their armour, they're Secularist Enforcers, too. Seth's men. They're fighters for sure...."
View attachment 4421
"Hmmm... They may not be 'my' men, but we can hardly abandon them. We're all part of the Brotherhood of Man! There must be some fine print of the human soul that binds us to help our fellow humans in times like these."
View attachment 4423
"Looks like we're in a pickle! I guess there's only one thing for it: we'll have to split up! If you would like to save our fellow humans from the jaws of those demons, you'll have my blessing! And if you'd like to join me on my journey out of the city, there's no shame in that either!"

Izana clapped his hands and laughed.

"I'd say we've all done some great work today! You can give yourselves a pat on the back! Go Team Izana!"

View attachment 4428
"Stay back, denizens of hell!"
Azrael roared as his flaming blade cleaved another demon in two. He carried the momentum of his overhead strike into a sidewards slash, warding off another demon or two.
View attachment 4429
"I won't say it again!"

Despite his valiant efforts, the sea of demons were slowly closing in on Azrael and his men. Their makeshift barricade of fallen columns and broken carts wasn't enough to keep the forces of Netherworld at bay. They didn't have much time.

"Look! Brother!" One of his remaining men called out, his clipped voice muffled by a black balaclava. "More men!"

"Are you sure they're not demons?"

"I know my demons. They're not demons!"

The solider wrapped his mechanical hand around his rifle and shot a round over the heads of the 'Stay' Team.

"Over here! Get over here!"

@Team Stay @Crow @York @Raynar Saassin @amwexia

"You've made the right choice, My Children... my choice..." The Goddess whispered, he voice soothing you. "It is a pity that the others weren't strong enough... I can only hope that they will listen in time..."

"We're almost at the city's limit!" Izana beamed. "You see, the Fellowship's headquarters was supposed to have a magical shield wrapped around it. It was supposed to prevent magic from being used inside it. I'll never understand why Luthor went to such lengths to protect the city. It all seemed like a lot of effort, especially considering the demons still found a way inside..."

The edge of the city drew nearer and nearer. The city's final gates were in sight.

"Final stretch, ladies and gentlemen! We'll be off-world before you know it! We'll throw you all a lovely festival for you when we get home! It's not every day you come back from the dead r---"

Izana thinned his eyes to get a better look at the figure at the end of the straight. The creature was tall. Dark. A large blade scraped along the stony road as it slowly lumbered towards Team Izana.

"Funny..." Izana muttered. "There weren't any demons here when I arrived... And all the scouts are off fighting the Secularists... so who on earth is this guy..."

"Be warry, my Children! Arm yourselves!"

"Look what we have here..." The Demon muttered. "I can smell Her on you. The Goddess. She steals you from me... then sends you out into the world to do Her bidding? Is there no end to this insult?"
View attachment 4431
"Your souls were promised to me. They are mine. You are mine. I have come to collect!"

@Team Izana @Jeremi @Yun Lee @amwexia

(Undecided- @Crunch @Takumi @Nightwisher @Lucky @Minerva )​

Looks like the two CFW's were to get wrapped up in whatever business the Fellowship were to get into despite having their own agendas and gains. Seeing the commotion happening in the Lower City, the people who called out to the new arrivals would see Magic and Brave rushing into combat despite being shot at.

"All for our goddess, the Deity of Sin!"
"My will resonates with my Blade!"

The two began to combat the Demons that were attacking; with CFW Magic showcasing her immense power with her Scythe while CFW Brave utilised his flaming Sword to slash demons in two like Azrael was doing.

@Sark @Crow @York @amwexia @TeamStay​
SnoopySereneDairycow-size_restricted.gif

"TRASCENDANT SWORD!"

A powerful attack was launched towards the Demons. A single slash from a single sword was enough to fell armadas.

"Are you all alright?" Omnimon asks the warriors, "you should all leave to fight another day."

@Sark @Crow @York @Raynar Saassin @amwexia @TeamStay

Dukemon followed Izana, finding little choice.

"I dislike the idea of Omnimon just... doing that. He is the type to go by his own will if he feels that divine intervention is too extreme. But my duties and work take priority over our friendship," Dukemon adds, before they encountered a Demon. Dukemon raises his shield.

lzxzunylsqjqlyqvzktxpnqjevjgroqnewixchdf-350x600.jpg

"You would find it most foolish to face one of Yggdrasil's Royal Knights head-on, let alone with the company of a group. If you are wise, you would scram. If you were wiser, you wouldn't near us to begin with."

@Team Izana @Sark @Crow @Jeremi @Yun Lee @amwexia

ROMAN

“Fuck! Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck!” Roman muttered to himself, noticing the strange demon. He doesn’t have any weapon, or any powers, or any fighting capability.

His hand instinctively reaches through his hair. He combs around, not searching for anything, but he feels like he’s about to tear out some hairs with his nervousness.

“I don’t have a weapon!” Roman mutters to himself.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @amwexia @Sark @TeamIzana

—-///—-///—-///—-

MADDIE

Maddie ran down to the battlefield and grabbed an injured soldier.

“You’re gonna be fine,” Maddie says before hovering her hand above the wound. A large beam of light shined down upon the wound, and soon, it was as good as new!

Maddie continues to help injured soldiers to prevent them from dying. Even if it’s only to spite that whispery bitch because she isn’t her mom.

@Crow @York @Raynar Saassin @amwexia @TeamStay
Upper City

"In your first life, you might have been powerless... but in rebirth, you will find yourself capable of many amazing things..."

As Roman grew more anxious, he feel a wave of power flow through him. The Goddess transformed his emotions into lightning.

"Feel. Turn you passion into a weapon. Stay alive"

"Royal Knights. Gods and Kings. Heroes of every calibre..." Blackheart droned, his eyes fixed on Dukemon. "All suffer within my collection. You would be wise to get on your knees and welcome a swift death. All this.... struggling... it only delays the inevitable."

"Children!"

Blackheart roared.

"Give them Hell!"

[RRREEESSHHH] [REEESSH] [REESSSHH]

Screeching. It came from all angles. Next came the pounding of feet. The scratching of claws. Blackheart's demons had heard his call from across the city. They were closing in. Within moments, white, wrinkled faces and empty black eyes were staring down at them from every alley and rooftop on the street.

"What do you propose...?" Izana whispered. Fight, reason or run? I am more than happy to do the latter..."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @amwexia @Sark @TeamIzana

Lower City

"Thanks for the save," The Soldier muttered, pulling his balaclava from his face. "But if there's anything this mission has taught me, it's that there's always more demons. You've bought us 2 minutes, tops."
View attachment 4437
"C'mon, trooper. 2 minutes is better than no-minutes." Azrael muttered, removing his helmet and wiping the sweat from his brow. "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. These guys saved out butts."

"For now. You'll have to forgive me for wanting to save the fanfare until we're back at base."

"As much as I hate to admit it, the Captain is right." Azrael planted his sword in a grove in the road and turned to face his new arrivals. He offered Omnimon a hand to shake. "We don't have long before their reinforcements arrive. We need to forty our position."

The Captain clicked another magazine into his rifle and lined it up atop the barricade.

"We can't abandon the Citadel yet. We need to collect those bodies. You can--"

[BANG] [BANG] [BANG]

He unleashed a short burst of fire, taking down a straggling demon as it emerged from a distant alley. Another larger demon lumbered into the courtyard a moment later. A wounded solder, now able to fight thanks to Maddie's assistance, limped over towards the edge of their makeshift camp. He picked his crossbow up from the floor, thanked Maddie with a smile, and took a knee. He took aim at the large demon and fired. The bolt struck him dead in the neck, but he kept on marching. The Captain unleashed another round or two into the creature's chest. It didn't slow down. The brute continued to charge.

"Shit! The two minutes you bought us is looking a lot more like 30 seconds. Leave the injured and get in position! We've got a fight on our hands!"
@Crow @York @Raynar Saassin @amwexia @TeamStay​

ROMAN

Roman’s eyes snap back and forth between the crowd of demons, fear perking up inside of him, but that only causes more electricity to crackle between his fingers.

Oh yeah, he has electricity powers now. Powers that are fueled by his emotions.

Dread still creeps up on him, though, and that dread partially comes with the fact that he has no clue how to use his powers.

The other part of this dread is the incoming army of demons headed his way.

Soon, though, lightning flows out of him and strikes these pale creatures.

He stands there and tries to catch his breath, “I-I don’t think we have a choice,” Roman spoke, “I think... I think we have to fight,”

@Sark @Jeremi @Yun Lee @amwexia @TeamIzana

—-///—-///—-///—-

MADDIE

Fun fact, Maddie can’t fight for shit. Having combat abilities would really ruin the whole “heal the world” mission she has.

So, she sticks to the back, healing as many wounded soldiers as possible so they can chip their weight in the fight.

After all, strength in numbers, right?

@Crow @York @Raynar Saassin @amwexia @TeamStay
"You say that we belong to you. I belong to no one but Mother Mila!" Silque spoke up from her place towards the back of the group, while she had wished to help those who would stay and fight, she knew that throwing herself into the heat of battle to heal would eventually wear her down and make her a burden to those around her. And so, she had followed Izana with a heavy heart.

Listening to this Goddess made Silque a bit uneasy, as she was unsure of the true intentions of such a being. She was a follower of Mila, she who had brought Silque up in times of strife and set her on the path to help Alm with the task of ending war between Rigel and Zofia. This path that she had set Silque on now instead, perhaps it is to determine if this new, otherworldly Goddess could be trusted to be considered a sister to Mila? Or perhaps to bring out the truth if she is a fake deity?

Either way, Silque would remain neutral on the matter until she could find a satisfactory answer.

However, this beast before her said things that made her stare at it sharply, staff in hand and ready to cast a spell if needed.

"If we must fight, I will do all I can to keep you safe." Silque tried to assure Izana. She really should of expected a fight to come her way regardless of what she chose, but she braced herself either way.

@Sark @Jeremi @amwexia @Yun Lee @TeamIzana

"Hah!" Ashe thrusted his hand forward, sending a crescent of wind at the lumbering demon as it made it's advance. He had hesitated a moment before joining the group who stayed. It was a tough decision to follow. Leaving people to die a potentially meaningless death? It hurt to think about. After his own death, it...shook him up. For a second he had wondered if he would see Lonato or Christophe, but...

No. Once the Goddess had saved them, brought them back, he had tried to take win her features and remember them. Would she look like what he envisioned Seiros to look like?

Shaking his head to bring himself back to the present, he kept to the back and kept his magic at the ready while his bow remained slung on his shoulder. He tried to keep calm, or as calm as can be in such a situation-having to keep his hands from shaking fr the thoughts that tried to plague him now.

@Sark @amwexia @Raynar Saassin @York @Raynar Saassin @Lower City
"We shall see if your views stay the same soon enough, foul beings," Dukemon's shield glows and shimmers as he defends himself.

9a5585aacc4c93be2fd4373dcf1809a3.gif

"Final Elysian!"

A blast of holy energy shot from the shield, levelling Blackheart's minions before preparing to reach Blackheart himself!

@Sark @Jeremi @Yun Lee @amwexia @Crow @TeamIzana

Omnimon reaches one of his Grey Gauntlet towards Azrael for a handshake.

"It is what I do. I am Omnimon of the Royal Knights, and these are-"

Just then, a lumbering, huge demon appeared.

"I see that some of you are still willing to fight. Then we shall fight together. We should use ranged attacks from multiple directions to confuse our target."

Omnimon then reaches a gauntlet out and summons the

39b79f65afd362c3c8d18ae1ab9d3a21.gif

"SUPREME CANNON!"

With great agility, he would hover and shift his position and aim a powerful cannon shell at the hulking beast - right at the back of its neck!

@Crow @York @Raynar Saassin @amwexia @Takumi @TeamStay​
Upper City

[CRACK-OOMM]
Blackheart's blade came hurtling down towards the stony street, sending shockwaves across the city. With a crack and a splat, Izana's body hit the road. His legs and head hit the road not long after.
View attachment 4438
"This first to fall, sent to my realm by one of the Goddess' own... poetic!"

The Goddess' enraged eyes burned into Mother's spirit.

"What is wrong with you?!" She screamed. "I gave you a new life, and you're using it to kill more of my children? I was wrong to have deemed you worthy of second chance, you heartless creature!"

Blackheart raised his sword to his lips and licked it clean.

"One down. How many to go?"

On Blackheart's order, his demons began to pour from the rooftops like a white, clawed wave. Dukemon's blast was enough to level one wing of the fighting force, but before he could unleash another blast, the creatures had swarmed his flank. Three of the creatures wrapped themselves around each of Dukemon's lips. Their jagged teeth plunged deep into Duke's armour.

Maddie's lighting arced from one demon to the next, stunning the horde for a moment or two. The lighting was enough to combust the flesh of the nearest demon. The creature exploded, showering the streets in its acidic, indigo blood.

"The rest of you... I placed my faith in you. I placed my love in you... I placed my life in you.... Show me that you are worthy! Show me that I chose right!"

@amwexia @Jeremi @Yun Lee @amwexia @TeamIzana

Lower City

Ashe's wind blast was enough to part the growing horde, clearing a path for Omnimon's Supreme Canon Blast. The creature roared as the blast seared the armour from its chest. It shrieked in pain, and fell to earth. But it didn't stop. The momentum of his charge was enough to send its wounded body scraping across the stones and into the barricade.

"Get dow--"

[BOOM]

The barricade shattered into splitters and tossed the Secularists in all directions. The Captain pulled his baklava back over his face to shield his eyes from the cloud sawdust that was gathering overhead.

"Everyone on me!" He stumbled to his feet and used his rifle as a crunch. "We need to fall back! We need to--"

[BOOOOM]

"GAROOO!!!"
View attachment 4440
The demon cut through the cloud with its claws and snarled. The creature was stunned and disoriented, but very much alive.

With a roar, it's arm came down like a hammer to an anvil, sending shockwaves across the street. The force of the blow was enough to shake the weakened heart of one of the wounded. He died quietly in Maddie's arms.

@Crow @York @Raynar Saassin @amwexia @Takumi @TeamStay​
Dukemon looks towards Izana's corpse, then at the others as he began to be overpowered by hordes of demons gnawing at him. A burst of energy emerged from his body, knocking the demons latched onto him away.

"It would seem that dividing ourselves would not be effective against their numbers. We will have to stick together. Everyone - with me accounting for two units and taking the front - initiate a two-row Phalanx formation!"

Dukemon raises his shield forward as his lance points forth.

"Flee while I keep him off the ground!" Omnimon declares as he conjures the Transcendent Sword once more, ready dive down and stab the demon before rising back upwards into the skies. "I will follow closely soon!"

@Crow @York @amwexia @Takumi @Sark @TeamStay​
Lower City

View attachment 4441
"NOW!"

He laughed.

View attachment 4447

@Crow @York @amwexia @Takumi @amwexia @TeamStay

View attachment 4449
"Oh, I like you..." Blackheart hissed, cracking his white mask from his face. Two blazing eyes scalded Eliphas' flesh. With a wave of his hand, Blackheart burned the bodies between himself as Eliphas to cinders, including Izana's. "All fire and bluster... let us do away with these distractions and duel like men..."

"Do you want me to save you, Beast?" The Goddess' stare grew cold. "Do you want me take yet more responsibilities from you? Do you want me to hold your hand? Baby you?"

The Goddess placed her hands on Mother's temples and closed her eyes, ignoring to beast's resistance.

"I could change you, 'Mother'. I could fix you with a thought. It would be as easy as flicking a switch. But I'm not in the business of changing minds..." She muttered. "I prefer to open them..."

[BOOM]
Big Mother's eyes fell to her pale hands. To her long blonde hair. To her flowing robes. She was inside the body of Izana. She was Izana. She looked up to find the hands of her past self reaching down towards her.

"No, Izana. In fact..." Big Mother grabbed 'Izana' by her collar and threw her towards the demons and Blackheart. "It is about time your sham of a vow is tested." A beast usually shows its true colours when its life is on the line.

[CRACK-OOMM]

Blackheart's blade came hurtling down towards the stony street, sending shockwaves across the city. With a crack and a splat, Big Mother's body hit the road. Her legs and head hit the ground not long after

"The first to fall, sent to my realm by one of the Goddess' own... I'm getting a strange sense of Deja Vu..."

Big Mother watched Izana's life flash before her eyes. A life of peace and pleasure. A life of parties and parlours. A life of neutrality. A life of Best-Hair awards. All his fears and dreams. All his pain and joy. It became hers. She became Izana.

After a moment of excruciating pain, Big Mother slipped back into that familiar void. Cold. Alone.

The Goddess reached out to him once again.

Now
"Did you enjoy that little trip though time, 'Mother'?" The Goddess smiled, placing Mother's spirit back inside her body. "Perhaps you'd like to walk in the shoes of one of your other victims? Time means nothing to me. I can dance this dance for all eternity. I could place your soul in a thousand different bodies in a thousand different timelines. And I will, if it help you to understand how small you are. I will let you die by your own had a triillion times over if it helps you to understand see the vile creature you have let yourself become."

@amwexia @Jeremi @amwexia @Yun Lee @Crow @Raynar Saassin @TeamIzana​
Lower City

[BOOM]

Upper City

[BOOM]

[CRACK]

View attachment 4453
[BOOOM]

Kuro Kyoka (Chloe)
@Crow @Raynar Saassin @amwexia @Takumi @Sark @TeamStay

Demons... Countless demons... There was no way she could fight them to begin with.

But yet, her two digimon. Nyaromon, and Pagumon were still attempting to do so anyways.

"Poison Bubbles!"

"Tail whip!"

And so began their fruitless, but valiant assault. No matter how many times Pagumon would blow poisonous bubbles, spit acid at their opponents, and sometimes even in a desperate attempt, ram them head on with its minuscule body, their enemies refused to yield. And no matter how powerful of a blow Nyaromon struck with it's tail, or how many bubbles it blew at its foes, neither could even scratch the demons that they desperately tried to fend off.

Chloe could only watch in vain, her shouts barely audible above the cacophony of sound.

"Nyaromon!!! Pagumon!!! Stop! Come back! You can't fight them! Not while you're still... Still..." She trailed off, unable to form the rest of her sentence as she desperately tried to plead with her digimon.

"No! We have to..."

"Protect you!"

Came their reply. And then... As Chloe reached out towards them, moving to them in spite of the danger it posed to herself, intending to grab them before they got themselves hurt, she felt her phone vibrate intensely, and then... It emitted a blinding flash of light, enveloping both of her digimon.

An intense feeling coursed through her body. And then... Something she couldn't have fathomed happened before her eyes.

"Pagumon... Evolve!"

"Nyaromon... Evolve!"

Pagumon and Nyaromon suddenly began to grow, limbs forming where there were none, and more animalistic features emerging from their once juvenile bodies.

"Salamon!" "Lopmon!"

JL0Narf.png

She no longer had to look at her phone to recognize her digimon, even in their evolved state.

Watching in awe, she soon realized that the digimon she had once thought would be outmatched had suddenly grown in power.

"Puppy howl!"

"Tiny twister!"

Their attacks were actually affecting the demons! As mundane as they seemed, her digimon had undoubtedly grown up. Throughout all that time she had spent at the Fellowship, why was it now that they had... Digivolved? And more importantly, how did she know that's what happened?

These were questions for later.

While her newly evolved digimon seemed to practically pale in comparison to the sheer power Omnimon wielded, not to mention the powers of the countless others fighting on their side, there was no doubt that her digimon had a chance now... More than ever.

Once the battle was over, her digimon panted, seeming worn out.

"So..."

"Hungry..."

They said. Chloe quickly rushed to them, hugging them tightly, at least until she was snapped back to reality by the words of the Goddess.

"Why? Why is it wrong to save lives?! I... I've always had faith. Faith in... Balance!"

She shouted, the image of that mysterious, winged figure flashing in her mind once more.

It was strange... Why was she following the example of someone, or something she hadn't met? Why was she so adamant about balance, about preventing the scales from tipping, even if it meant she might have been taking a risk in the long term?

Who knows...

But as she slowly looked around for anything she could feed her digimon, listening to what Eli was saying, both Chloe and her digimon were soon distracted by the sudden booming sound that occurred.

"Is... Is this the end?" She asked quietly.

"No! I won't let you die again Chloe!" Salamon shouted.

"I say we should have listened to that Goddess! But it's too late for that now! We'll protect you!" Lopmon chimed in.

Though they were weakened, Chloe's digimon stood valiantly in front of her, in spite of the seemingly insurmountable odds. It was at least a relief to the two digimon, and perhaps Chloe knowing that they had Omnimon there to protect them. But would even his strength be enough for what is to come?

Lower City

"It's not the Demons we're worried about," Azrael muttered, doing his best to hide the tinge of anxiety in his voice. He pressed his fingers against the side of his helmet, activating his communicator. "Azrael to the Fellowship. Do you read me? Do you-- Shit! I'm just getting static! White! Any luck?"

"No," Eli removed his fingers from his earpiece. "The Red Sky's blocking our signals. Our signals aren't leaving the planet, let alone the universe. We're on our own."

"Okay, Okay, Okay..." Azrael removed his helmet and did his best to slow his breathing. In a snap he composed himself, determination burning behind his eyes. They locked onto the CFWs, and did his best to shout over the growing winds. "The demons aren't important. They're crapping themselves right now, just like we are. The Earthquakes. The razor winds. The Red Skies. These are symptoms. Symptoms of a dying universe. They're only supposed to happen when a galaxy is approaching its natural death but..."

"But this world isn't supposed to die for another 2 billion years, give or take."

"Eli's right. The Fellowship has been investigating these 'Cosmic Natural Disasters' for months now. These CNDs are arriving early across the multiverse and we don't know why. All we know is---"

"--Is that once they start, they don't stop." Eli snapped. He threw his rifle-strap over his shoulder and stumbled to his face. He did his best to feel his way through the sea of dust, wooden splinters and dirt the raging winds had whipped up. "We don't have time for this, Azrael! We need to get back to the---"

[KRACK-OOM]

A beam of flaming lighting struck the ground before the Chosen. Its power was enough to send the party soaring backwards across the clearing.

"Here's the bit where I'm supposed to comfort you all and tell you that we're not fucked... But... we're fucked.."

Temple of the Fellowship
Upper City

"Ah, such a pity there won't be a next time..." Blackheart chuckled. "Not for you, at least."

The Demon raise his hands. On his command, jittering blue flames and dancing towers of smoke began to leap from the earth around him.

[BOOM]

In a flash of fire and brimstone, Blackheart disappeared, leaving little more than smoking pyre in his wake.

"I thought we had more time... But the Twilight has come for this world too..." The Goddess muttered as she cradled her brow. "I need to make ever second count. You need to listen to me." Her tone grew dire. Her mind reached out to all her chosen, in both Team Izana and Team Stay. "I need you to trust me. Once upon a time, I had the strength to save this world. But not anymore."

"I am not the woman I was the last time the world needed me. I lack my means. My influence."

"My body. The woman that stands before you? She is a phantom. The shadow of once unimaginably powerful being. A world shaker. A world changer..."

"Like it or not, the Multiverse needs that power again. It needs healing. It needs safeguarding. The Citadel isn't the first world to fall to the Twilight. It wont be the last."

The earth began to shake more violently. The skies grew darker. The lighting roared louder.

"There was so much I wanted to show you. So much I wanted to teach you. Despite your shortcomings... despite your resistance... it's so hard to say goodbye to you, my children. But to save you..."

The Goddess' skin began to glow brighter and brighter. Before long, she had transformed into a shimmering emerald beacon, he shining beams reaching out to touch the handful of souls remaining in the citadel.

[CRACK-OOM]

Lighting struck the Citadel, its power shattering the dome of the High Temple as if it were made of glass. The lighting lingered, long after striking the ground. The burning red thunderbolt lingered, chaining the earth to the heavens. Another lighting bolt fell and lingered. Then another. Then another. Gravity seemed to reverse itself. The Chosen felt their stomachs churn as their feet slowly began to drift into the air.

"This is it, My Children. Open your eyes. Drink it all in. The fate that shall before all if my tomb is not found. You have your mission. Find my tomb. Defeat the Devil." Her eyes met Compa's. "Safeguard our Future."

The sky began to fracture and shatter like glass. Shards of sky began to break away and drift towards the city. In their wake, a blinding white light poured. The white void of... nothing.

"Listen to me, Crumbling World!" The Goddess roared. "Listen to me, and kneel! Listen to your Goddess! You may lack the strength to heal you tonight, by I shall restore you some day! All I ask for in return is a scrap of land! Save my Chosen!!!"

"Save! My! Children!"

An explosion.

Then.

Nothing.

The Chosen found themselves floating in an endless white void, clinging to small chunks of stone.

They could only see each other. There was nothing else. Only white, and a faint, emerald glow radiating form their skin. The Goddess was nowhere to be seen. She lingered on as a voice in your ear.

In the near distance, the Chosen could make out the silhouettes of Team Stay and Secularist fighting force.

"Because the Goddess willed it so,"
Came Big Mother mothers reply to Eli. "Our benefactor has laid out a plan for us. One that certainly has me intrigued." More and more things started to fall into place. Though Big Mother thought to herself what good the Goddess had regarding her vagueness earlier. Was this not far easier to take care of the situation now that the group had an inkling on what they'd do next? She was not a true believer yet, but Big Mother realized that perhaps it was time to actually listen to this would be Goddess if for no other reason than to save herself?

ROMAN

Roman stood on his rock in the void, panicking.

He was worried, worried about his lover, his husband, Lovis.

“W-what the...” Roman muttered. Tears started to form in his eyes.

He looked at his glowing green skin and began to cry. He doesn’t want to find the tomb, he doesn’t want to defeat the devil, he doesn’t want to safeguard the future. He wants to go home, he wants to spend his remaining days with Lovis and die with him.

He is happy that this goddess saved his life, but he’s bad at the whole life-saving thing himself. He’s no hero. He’s a human.

All of these other people who are there with him... they’re probably so much more talented at the whole “safeguard the universe” thing. He just wants to plant trees.

“I don’t want to fight...” Roman muttered. His sadness causing electricity to spark between his fingers, but not enough to cause an outburst

—-///—-///—-///—-

MADDIE

“I’m not trusting that stupid hoe who calls herself ‘Goddess’ at all!” Maddie declares.

She looks around the whiteness that is the void she stands in, seeing everyone else, and nothing else other than that.

She goes over to Kuro and places a hand on her shoulder.

“You don’t really look all that well...” she says, “are you alright?”

@Raynar Saassin @amwexia @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Crow @Crunch @Sark @York @Takumi

This was always how it was, wasn't it? Only when you were backed into a corner with no options left did you decide to believe what you originally ridiculed. We should have listened. The Goddess willed it so. What good did any of this do now? She had sacrificed herself for them, these bastards who didn't deserve resurrection in the first place. From the bottom of her heart, Kolon hated each and every person here. Those who didn't listen. Those who mocked. Those who caused all of this.

But she would play nice, for now. You had to unfortunately ally with dogs to see the will of God done. And she would do so in this instance, as well. "Find the Tomb and defeat the Devil..." she repeated. "In order to do that, we will need to find a way out of this nothingness, won't we?"

@Sark @Jeremi @amwexia @Raynar Saassin @Crunch @Takumi @Crow @York @Lucky

[CRACK-OOM]

"Save! My! Children!"

An explosion.

Then.

Nothing.

"Um... Iffy? Is the Goddess...?"
"I don't know Compa... But what I do know is that we've been reunited with the other grou---"
"If it isn't the two brats."

IF was cut off as when the CFW's made out the silhouettes as IF and Compa, with IF getting angry.

"You. You're supposed to be dead, and far away from us. What are you doing here?!"
"It would appear that we have been united, forced to clean up after this Goddess's mess. How unsightly."
"While I do not like working with Arfoire's enemies, our path here has been set. Temporary alliances must be made to ensure survival."
"There is NO WAY I'm teaming up with the likes of you! After all the mess you caused all of Gamindustri, reviving the Deity of Sin just to try to destroy all of us!"

"Because the Goddess willed it so," Came Big Mother mothers reply to Eli. "Our benefactor has laid out a plan for us. One that certainly has me intrigued." More and more things started to fall into place. Though Big Mother thought to herself what good the Goddess had regarding her vagueness earlier. Was this not far easier to take care of the situation now that the group had an inkling on what they'd do next? She was not a true believer yet, but Big Mother realized that perhaps it was time to actually listen to this would be Goddess if for no other reason than to save herself?

"So you're the one who killed that Izana. The fool got what was coming to him."

He looked at his glowing green skin and began to cry. He doesn’t want to find the tomb, he doesn’t want to defeat the devil, he doesn’t want to safeguard the future. He wants to go home, he wants to spend his remaining days with Lovis and die with him.

He is happy that this goddess saved his life, but he’s bad at the whole life-saving thing himself. He’s no hero. He’s a human.

All of these other people who are there with him... they’re probably so much more talented at the whole “safeguard the universe” thing. He just wants to plant trees.

“I don’t want to fight...” Roman muttered. His sadness causing electricity to spark between his fingers, but not enough to cause an outburst

Seeing someone upset, Compa wondered over to them with a smile on her face and sweetness in her voice.

0ef8f89ef02ba430b668c922f1da9a9ec74af95d_00.gif

"Don't be sad... We'll all figure this out together! Right? We're all friends here, right?"

@Sark @Jeremi @Takumi @amwexia @Yun Lee @Crunch @York @Crow

This was always how it was, wasn't it? Only when you were backed into a corner with no options left did you decide to believe what you originally ridiculed. We should have listened. The Goddess willed it so. What good did any of this do now? She had sacrificed herself for them, these bastards who didn't deserve resurrection in the first place. From the bottom of her heart, Kolon hated each and every person here. Those who didn't listen. Those who mocked. Those who caused all of this.

But she would play nice, for now. You had to unfortunately ally with dogs to see the will of God done. And she would do so in this instance, as well. "Find the Tomb and defeat the Devil..." she repeated. "In order to do that, we will need to find a way out of this nothingness, won't we?"

@Sark @Jeremi @amwexia @Raynar Saassin @Crunch @Takumi @Crow @York @Lucky
ROMAN

—-///—-///—-///—-

MADDIE

“I’m not trusting that stupid hoe who calls herself ‘Goddess’ at all!” Maddie declares.

She looks around the whiteness that is the void she stands in, seeing everyone else, and nothing else other than that.

She goes over to Kuro and places a hand on her shoulder.

“You don’t really look all that well...” she says, “are you alright?”

@Raynar Saassin @amwexia @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Crow @Crunch @Sark @York @Takumi
Lower City

[KRACK-OOM]

Temple of the Fellowship
Upper City

[BOOM]

[CRACK-OOM]

"Save! My! Children!"

An explosion.

Then.

Nothing.

Eliphas' blackened silhouette stood jarringly against the white void, his hands resting on the hilt of the planted Crozius

"All of this was merely consequence for her own idiocy," the Dark Apostle's soothing voice echoed amidst the void, speaking to everyone yet no one in particular. "I can only imagine the sort of worms that worship a so-called 'God' that up and kills itself. It is the ignorant who commit the sin of existing, and the enlightened must pay for it."

His helmet turned downards with a prolonged metallic creak, staring at whoever was closest. "Surely, none of you actually believed the drivel she was spewing? Why, I may be a God myself; I certainly did more good works against the enemy than she did."

Eliphas softly chuckled, the armored hulk tilting his head back up in pondering. "I do so eagerly await her inevitable return, so that she may explain herself before you all. Perhaps then, you will place your faith in true divinity."

"I have a most enticing recommendation, for those interested."
Eliphas withdrawing the flesh-bound book from his belt and flipping it open to his favored passage, quietly humming the verses in some twisted, unknowable tongue. A pointed star with eight points remained plastered on the cover.

Those who stood close enough to hear the Dark Apostle's reading would start to get a slight headache.

@Sark @Jeremi @amwexia @Raynar Saassin @Yun Lee @Takumi @Crow @York @Lucky

"I don't know Compa... But what I do know is that we've been reunited with the other grou---"

IF was cut off as when the CFW's made out the silhouettes as IF and Compa, with IF getting angry.

"You. You're supposed to be dead, and far away from us. What are you doing here?!"
"It would appear that we have been united, forced to clean up after this Goddess's mess. How unsightly."
"While I do not like working with Arfoire's enemies, our path here has been set. Temporary alliances must be made to ensure survival."
"There is NO WAY I'm teaming up with the likes of you! After all the mess you caused all of Gamindustri, reviving the Deity of Sin just to try to destroy all of us!"

Seeing someone upset, Compa wondered over to them with a smile on her face and sweetness in her voice.

"Don't be sad... We'll all figure this out together! Right? We're all friends here, right?"

Roman looked at Compa with a look in his eye. A look that was unreadable. Maybe it was anger at this girl for taking it all so lightly. Maybe it was contempt at this girl for thinking that “don’t be sad” would work. Maybe it was envy at a girl who could trust so easily. Maybe it was all of that, or none of that at all. Maybe it was just a look...

“We met an hour ago,” Roman said, scratching his bearded chin, “I don’t know you, or the Russian, or the tall dude, or the armored dude with the sword, or anyone here at all. We are all just... strangers.”

Like Hel if Roman’s gonna open up to the strange girl, Compa. It would take a lot more for him to open up.

@Raynar Saassin @EveryoneElse

His helmet turned downards with a prolonged metallic creak, staring at whoever was closest. "Surely, none of you actually believed the drivel she was spewing? Why, I may be a God myself; I certainly did more good works against the enemy than she did."

"This 'Goddess' has a lot going for her if she believes that killing herself results in our cooperation."

CFW Magic scoffed towards Eliphas.

"Her sacrifice must be some sort of facade to get us to believe in her plight. To us Felons, it didn't work."
"Arfoire will guide us all down the true path. This pretender to the title of Goddess plays with us like fools while killing herself? Something else is at play here, and I shall smite all that stand before us and the Deity of Sin."
"Hearing you sing Arfoire's praises makes me sick. The first chance I get, I'll taking you both out."
"If your puny Goddesses and their little candidates cannot do it alone, what makes you; a regular human, have even a fraction of the capability to beat us?"
"Urgh..."

@Crunch
Roman looked at Compa with a look in his eye. A look that was unreadable. Maybe it was anger at this girl for taking it all so lightly. Maybe it was contempt at this girl for thinking that “don’t be sad” would work. Maybe it was envy at a girl who could trust so easily. Maybe it was all of that, or none of that at all. Maybe it was just a look...

“We met an hour ago,” Roman said, scratching his bearded chin, “I don’t know you, or the Russian, or the tall dude, or the armored dude with the sword, or anyone here at all. We are all just... strangers.”

Like Hel if Roman’s gonna open up to the strange girl, Compa. It would take a lot more for him to open up.

tumblr_ms0aizop7q1stb6fao1_400.gifv

"Even if we're strangers, you haven't done anything bad to me yet... Why don't we all just relax? I'll treat your wounds all nice and happy like! hehe~"

Compa exclaimed. She seemed to have so much energy despite all the bad things happening around her and all the bad people surrounding her.

"I've dealt with these sort of thing before with Iffy and Nep-Nep. We can't afford to be sad now!"

@amwexia @Sark @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Takumi @Crow @Lucky @York

p9epbB8.png

“You think so?” Big Mother turned her attention towards the speaker. She wasn’t particularly good with names, even her own having been lost to time. Intentionally so. Real names held power after all. “A fool he was yes. A fool that at the end of it never understood his own importance. At least hard enough to fight for it.”

Eliphas' blackened silhouette stood jarringly against the white void, his hands resting on the hilt of the planted Crozius

"All of this was merely consequence for her own idiocy," the Dark Apostle's soothing voice echoed amidst the void, speaking to everyone yet no one in particular. "I can only imagine the sort of worms that worship a so-called 'God' that up and kills itself. It is the ignorant who commit the sin of existing, and the enlightened must pay for it."

Eliphas softly chuckled, the armored hulk tilting his head back up in pondering. "I do so eagerly await her inevitable return, so that she may explain herself before you all. Perhaps then, you will place your faith in true divinity."

"I have a most enticing recommendation, for those interested."
Eliphas withdrawing the flesh-bound book from his belt and flipping it open to his favored passage, quietly humming the verses in some twisted, unknowable tongue. A pointed star with eight points remained plastered on the cover.

Those who stood close enough to hear the Dark Apostle's reading would start to get a slight headache.

Listening to everyone talking bad about the Goddess. “I believe the Goddess thinks she has spoken the truth, but the arrogance forbids her to request help…only order. As it should be from a supposed hire being.”

Big Mother’s size changed again, perhaps to make herself a larger focus as she continued speaking.

ZW1QbYY.png

“She tossed me into the body of Izana for me to feel his pain as he died. A punishment no doubt, and while it didn't have the effect on me that she wanted...I have started to consider our situation more intently after the Goddess suddenly became a lot more humble in her words. Fear is a powerful motivator and she reeked of it to the high heavens.”

She looked around the group to see who was listening. “Whatever the truth is in all of this, I believe we were dead and the ‘Goddess’ brought us back. That means a debt needs to be paid and I refuse to have something like that hanging over me. I intend to find this tomb and confront the Goddess directly and I do not much care what anyone else here is going to do. More fodder is welcome, but not needed.”

p9epbB8.png

“You think so?” Big Mother turned her attention towards the speaker. She wasn’t particularly good with names, even her own having been lost to time. Intentionally so. Real names held power after all. “A fool he was yes. A fool that at the end of it never understood his own importance. At least hard enough to fight for it.”

"It didn't even seem that he was that tough if you dealt with him. Either one of us would of easily taken his life. After all, nothing will stop the will of Arfoire."
"That Izana had some unusual quality about him, but if he were defeated so easily then everything he had thought were wronged. Regardless. This Goddess has forced her fate onto us, and we are unfortunately forced to deal with it."
"And after this is all over? We'll be one step closer to reviving our great Goddess."

@Jeremi

"Even if we're strangers, you haven't done anything bad to me yet... Why don't we all just relax? I'll treat your wounds all nice and happy like! hehe~"

Compa exclaimed. She seemed to have so much energy despite all the bad things happening around her and all the bad people surrounding her.

"I've dealt with these sort of thing before with Iffy and Nep-Nep. We can't afford to be sad now!"

Roman’s unreadable look turns into a look of confusion and anger. Does this girl even know how emotions even work? “We can’t afford to be sad” is just a kind way of saying “suck it up and shut up” in his eyes.

He curls up a little more, and averts his gaze. “I can afford to,” he says, “telling me otherwise is a lost cause,”

@Raynar Saassin @EveryoneElse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back