This is only for people applying that are accepted. Which race is/are your charecter(s)?

• Gloz

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Krua

• Wali

• Esky

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Undecided/Joke Post.

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Rachel Rider

Smol Turtle Girl
To submit characters please go here: The Gorge Character Creation. Lore and rules will also be there, just look for the OOC threads!

Looking up, all you see are the sandstone walls reaching forever, the sky seemingly engulfed by the rock. Looking down, the deep abyss beckons you to jump and see if there really is solid ground at the bottom of it.
Clinging to the side of the cliff that is the world, creatures of all kinds live and work in the massive city called Ledge. Are there other settlements like this elsewhere? Well, if there are, they aren't worth looking for. Here, four species live and work, for it is all they know. Gloz light up the ramshackle houses and pathways that span the chasm with their bio-luminescence, floating on currents like delicate butterflies with their helium-filled sacks next to the the Krua as they tunnel through the rock, spitting it out to form the ledges on which Wali cultivate the plants which produce the oxygen, food, and water for all the colony as the Esky toil away at strange mechanisms and inventions using resources found in the abyss below. All four must work together to survive in the vertical world of the Gorge. Each one performs a role vital to the city, but there are still divisions among them. But there is one thing that truly brings them all together: The Expeditions. Many base their entire lives on them, heading down into the abyss to find hidden treasures among the crevices. Each one is government-sponsored and requires at least one of each species in order to have even a chance at making it back. And so, our tale begins in the large cave that is home to the Expedition Department, filled with Gloz, Krua, Wali, and Esky all looking for partners to go into the depths for either excitement, fame, or necessity.

I'm planning for this to be Multi-Threaded. Each character must be one of the 4 species, and no, there is no interbreeding. Each has its own unique characteristics (and character sheet). You must have at least 1 character sheet to apply, and I encourage multiple characters of different races. Now, onto what exactly each race does.

These creatures are tall but narrow, hairless and without pupils, so their eyes are all black. They have antennae on their head which replace their ears and nose, and they have mouths. They can be basically any light or pastel color, so no black or dark colors, and that will be the light they emit. Each one emits light in one of three ways: A medium sized powerful beam from their hands, a soft glow that dimly illuminates a large sphere around them, or spores that they produce which go out after a while. They don't have any patterns, and basically look humanoid otherwise. Both male and female Gloz usually only wear garments to cover their nether regions, but some females forgo this and some do have extra clothes. They have a sack on their back, which is mainly transparent unless deflated, which they fill with helium in order to float. They tend to not be very strong and have little sexual dimorphism other than females being slightly bigger (They're insect-like). The average height for males is 6'2, and females are 6'4.
Name:
Race: Gloz
Description:
Personality:
Light type:

They have very lizard-like heads, with snouts and horns, normal eyes, mouth, and have pits for ears. Their hands and feet have strong claws to let them dig easily through the sandstone and climb, and can spit out rock into a quick-dry substance that hardens into a plaster or concrete like substance that is very durable but can have different properties from Krua to Krua. As for color, they tend to be earthy tones, with a pale color for their horns which decorate their body. They usually wear belts which they fill with rocks and other stuff they use often. Males tend to have more horns while females have rough patches that act a bit like armor, and both have tails which vary in length. Otherwise, they're very humanoid with horns going down their spine and dotted on joints strictly. More built for strength, and relatively stout. Both males and females tend to stand around 5'2.
Name:
Race: Krua
Description:
Personality:
Building Material:

Wali: They are slender, with light coats of slick, otter-like fur that grows more around their wrists, ankles, neck, and nether regions. The fur can have various patterns and can be any color you would see on a cat or dog. Their faces are relatively human-like but their ears are like a sheep or goats and their noses are similar to a cat or dogs. They have four fingers instead of five and have small claws to let them climb easier on their hands and feet. They are able to promote seed and plant growth, even in areas where it would seem impossible, though this takes a bit of effort and they can't do it if they aren't healthy enough. The plants are vital for each species, providing clean air, water, and food, and each can foster the growth of one unique plant that can help them out in a way. Males and Females are similar except that females have breasts, which reflects in their clothing. Males and Females stand around 5'7.
Name:
Race: Wali
Description:
Personality:
Plant:

Esky: The most human-like, but with shorter hair and shorter. They are incredibly smart and tinker a lot, relying mostly on their gadgets, which they have about 5 of. They wear clothing Around their abdomen and nether regions, usually with satchels and pockets to carry their numerous inventions. They have to rely mainly on handholds, ropes, and ladders to move down into the Gorge and are thus the slowest in terms of mobility. Their skin is usually darker and can have splotches of lighter or dark tones. The females have breasts but are in general flatter so they can fit easier into small caves and scoot along ledges without smushing them. The Females are shorter than the males, Standing around 4'6 whilst males average 4'9.
Name:
Race: Esky
Description:
Personality:
Gadgets (5):

I will review each one, and accept the ones that follow the guidelines. Descriptions should follow the rules set out for the race. No race has a single temperament, there can be a gloomy Gloz or a bubbly Krua. There are no specific race to race conflicts, most just prefer their own race. Names should be short, and modern names are okay. As for any clothes, they should be simple. There won't be many shoes other than stuff for climbing with Esky, and other than what's specified there's not much else. Clothing is more functional than artistic. There will be a thread for the Expedition Department for characters to hang out in, a booth thread for groups to sign up for an expedition, and threads created for specific expeditions. Each expedition must have at least one of each race, and there cannot be more than 2 people per race in an expedition. Each expedition will have random events and loot created by me. There are some interesting monsters that dwell in the deep which I'll post in a thread if this happens. I'm looking for about 8 people to start, and I'm completely open to more. All characters will start in the Expedition Department, and if your character is on an expedition you can not roleplay as them in the ED. A character can 'leave' the ED, but this will usually just be if you're going to be MIA for a while. There is no day/night cycle, all species don't require sleep (I'm jealous). Welp, that's all. Let's see if this works!

Please, do not joke answer the poll. It's so I can keep track of how many of each race there are so we don't get too many of one.

Last edited:
Name: Gwen Michelle Wilson
Race: Esky
Decription: Her height is 4'6" and weight is 125. She wears a white long-sleeved t-shirt, a blue overalls, white tights that cover her feet,and black knee-high go-go boots with spikes.
Personality: She is very nice and friendly towards everyone. She gets very nervous when you first get to know her better. However, when you start to get to know her better then she will like you and become your friend.
Gadgets: None.

Last edited:
Good, but Esky is spelled wrong. Also, the clothing is a bit too modern. They live in a city on the side of the cliff where most people don't need a lot of clothes, so they're more functional than fashionable. Also, she'd probably just go by Gwen. I'm fine with modern names but this is a much more rugged world where long names don't make sense. I should probably clarify some of those points.

Name: Rozua (r-ow-zoo-ah)
Race: Gloz
Description: Rozua is 6’1 just below average height. He has a small red-ish Brown cloth that looks like a combination of a lion cloth and a pair of short around his waist. He also has a long blue cloth that he wears sort of like a scarf for when it is cold but he doesn’t wear it very often.
Colour:View attachment 1809
Personality: Is usually pretty shy and prefers to keep to himself. He is pretty slow to trust and is extremely paranoid but once you gain his trust he will be by your side for life. When he is with friends he acts like an entirely different person, usually pretty talkative and energetic to the point of being quite annoying.
Light type: Hand glow

A shirt and overalls are good, but they wouldn't be white or pink since white is hard to wash (She'd be digging in holes for treasure) and pink is more unnatural. It's most likely be made out of basic cloth, like cotton or flax. The dyes would be mainly browns reds and blues, from flowers and whatnot, no bright colors.
Beebasaur, your Gloz is great! Accepted. (Go ahead and do the poll)
If you want you can create more characters, though it's not necessary.

Name: Uzi
Description: Standing a bit shorter than average at 5'1, with a chunky and strong body, and a shorter and nubbier tail. Uzi is a beige tone with off-white, ram-like curling horns, her scaly though somewhat soft skin patched with brown, those areas of skin thicker and stronger. Dark, wide eyes give her pudgier face character. Uzi wears basic, hand-stitched clothes of a burgundy cotton mid-thigh body suit, with a leather vest. Her calloused feet and hands easily allow her to dig and climb if needed, rarely needing to wear shoes, nor wanting to.
Personality: Soft and sweet, welcoming to others. Although she prefers to work, she is not anti-social, and prefers to be around others if possible.
Building Material: A much more flexible yet tough material, somewhat a rubber cement.

Name: Jocra (joe-cr-ah)
Description: he stands around 5’4 and his tail is long and thin along with his fingers. His belt is a dark blue colour and he usually keeps small containers of water in it for when he needs to fix some of his work. He also gathers and stores round stones in his belt to collect. His eyes are a deep crimson colour with slit like pupils and a white sclera. His wears a pair of worn down tan shorts along with fingerless gloves made of a sort of leather material, he wears these to help protect his hands while working.
Colour:View attachment 1810
Horns:View attachment 1811
Personality: Jocra is pretty quiet, not really speaking much but he is not anti-social. He can be very no nonsense at times but usually he is pretty carefree and chill. He enjoys showing off to others which often means showing them his rock collection or things he has sculpted with small bites of his building material. His is normally pretty cautious though if someone he cares about is in trouble he can become reckless and fool hardy.
Building Material:View attachment 1812
It is a purples gray colour with speckles of white and black mixed into it. It acts a good deal like clay but is a lot grainier and harder. It starts out as a very soft sort of goo that becomes tougher and harder when it is worked and kneeded. When exposed to water it becomes soft again, though he has found that when it is heated up it becomes stiff permanently.

Last edited:
Name: Rei
Race: Wali
Description: Rei is slender, even for a Wali, standing around 5'8''. His sleek fur is copper colored except around the wrists, ankles, neck, and pubis where the fur- in a more unkempt state- turns to a more vibrant, rusty hue. His eyes are narrow and almost always glancing around in a perpetual state of suspicion. These eyes, a pale, crystal blue so light that they border on turning white, sit atop high, narrow cheekbones that indent his face. For clothes he dons a pair of torn, dusty grey trousers that are a few inches too short with a bandolier slung across his bare, rust-spotted chest. The makeshift bandolier consists of cloths tied together via plant stems with pockets cut into the cloths at intervals. His feet are covered by cloth footwraps, however, his clawed toes protrude so that he may still utilize them for climbing. Around his neck is another cloth that can be used to cover his face from the nose down.

Personality: Rei is, in one word, roguish. Yet his character cannot be understood through just one word. Getting to know him is like peeling an onion- he has many layers. On the outside he is charismatic and friendly and tends to lighten the mood through jest. This confident, jocular facade is often superficial, however. On the inside he is somewhat troubled. Due to Ledge's reliance on the individuals of each race performing a specific duty, Rei has a strong desire to outdo everyone to earn his place in society, although he would never admit this because he is enfuriated by the idea that he cares about Ledge or anyone in it, believing that he is entirely independent. However, this obsession with achieving superiority has led him to be secretly suspicious of everyone and everything around him. In his mind everyone is potentially plotting against him in order to surpass his accomplishments. Thus everything is a competition and no competition can be won fairly. Rei firmly believes he must do whatever it takes to be the best, but under his deepest, most guarded layer he doubts this and truly cares for the well-being of those who dwell in Ledge.
Plant: Rei's plant is aloe vera which can be used as a food source as the clear "meat" within the leaves is edible as well as for treating wounds, primarily burns.

Last edited:
Awesome! Your Wali is accepted. Though I want to be clear on one thing, each Wali can grow 3 main plants, Heaf (Cleans Air), Seoa (Makes Water, and Vena (Nutritious), just so that point is clear. I've developed the world a lot more since I last edited the Original post, so I'll have an extensive guide once we get the RP actually going. I just wanted to make sure that that was clear.

Awesome! Your Wali is accepted. Though I want to be clear on one thing, each Wali can grow 3 main plants, Heaf (Cleans Air), Seoa (Makes Water, and Vena (Nutritious), just so that point is clear. I've developed the world a lot more since I last edited the Original post, so I'll have an extensive guide once we get the RP actually going. I just wanted to make sure that that was clear.
Thanks! And great, I was a bit confused on the whole plant thing so I just made something up. So I select one of those three?

It's better, but just as a suggestion maybe have to boots modified to be better for climbing. You can still have the aesthetic, just with a bit more functionality.

Back