Side Story The Grand Hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.
8b73dad435e1707436801a6c7b047576.jpg

How was Ryan not surprised? A soft sigh passed her lips, and the Caster found herself taking a pause before responding. Yeah.... Definitely a good thing that she wasn't like her sisters. Or Larkin. ...Yeah, Larkin's story was one for another day. Right now, though, this was Ryan's. And she was of a much more sweet, gentle, patient, and loving nature than any of her siblings. Or her cousin, at that. So, her response was much more patient and fond.

Even if Gilgamesh's talk of Arthur sparked a small flame of sadness in the young woman.

"I understand that you don't see eye to eye with me, but.. Have you heard the Mortal saying? 'Innocent until proven guilty'?" she asked, pursing her lips slightly. "He hasn't acted devilishly, whether he's 'influenced' me or not. After all, my sister is a Siren - and she's... Well, a much better person than she could be." Sure, she had realized that Ridley wasn't the best person - but it was more than true to say that she was good in comparison to how evil she should have become.

Admittedly, Ryan wasn't sure of just why Kilgrave wanted her giving drinks to some girl, but she didn't have much of a choice. Besides, helping was a good thing... Hopefully. Regardless, as Kilgrave walked away, Ryan flashed Gilgamesh a smile. "See? No tricks or stunt pulled. Maybe he isn't as bad as you think."​

Raven was going to have Rose reply to the man but it appeared a mix of distractions acquired for her attention turned to her friend. "What?" She asked seeming to now ignore the man she sensed a strange feeling of yearning from her white haired companion. Rose looked to her friend. "Well I was curios if there was a place for a girl to get a drink." She replied and gave Raven a smirk. Then sighed. "Or maybe we could dance after this?" She suggested to her blue purple haired team mate. Raven sighed. "Rose your lucky were not at the tower or I would. Ugg" Raven stated then looked back where the man had asked them what it was they wanted. Alas the man was gone. 'hmm something must had came up while we were talking.' She thought to herself trying to explain why he must had left she then looked back to Rose. "Let's go find your drink or dance or whatever." She commented.

xbgNoHk.png

The little performance conducted by Sweet and performed by Mickey had certainly been a big enough source of commotion to draw her attention. The friendly goth had been watching the entire thing from a little drinks table off to the side, near enough that she could smile and clap along to the beat whenever the backup dancers passed, so Mickey didn't need to go far to approach her. Hmm. What a funny little thing to do. She supposed there was a fair bit of irony in the serial killer singling Death out among a crowd, wasn't there? Not that she was letting anything on. She wasn't here to flaunt her position.

"Hello, you two."

She addressed Jezebel in her greeting too, fully conscious of the fact that she had the demi-demoness's attention. She had the right idea, about what she sensed within the pale girl; some light, some dark... and yet mostly neither. She wasn't so much a being of good or evil as she was an aspect of existence itself, something ancient and fundamental, with no preconceptions. Save for a particular fondness of certain British cult films, of course.

Perhaps curiously, she addressed both as though she already knew them-- and indeed, that was the vibe she gave off. Like she was an old friend they just hadn't had the pleasure of meeting yet. She sipped her drink, giving them both a friendly smile.

"Enjoying yourselves? Seems like things've gotten lively already. Can't say I'm too surprised, knowing this lot. Have you ever seen a bunch like this before? All in the one place? What a lark!"

Brad, in the meantime, was still just standing around. He didn't want to approach anyone and didn't look at all approachable, and so he was left to just wonder, again, why he was here.

zPPhtcH.png

"..."​

"Why would I know what you would want with it? Maybe a..." Rita trailed off for a moment, looking away as she tried to think of a reason. "I don't know, maybe you wanted something of mine as a keepsake, you weirdo."

Rita then held up a fist, looking ready to brawl.

w3UooVr.png

"Look, I know I had it on me earlier today, and you're looking like a pretty likely candidate. That key unlocks just about everything, so not anyone can get their grubby hands on one!"​

tumblr_inline_n9p0t0svJc1subh1h.png

Seeing the girl raise her fists for a fight, Hajime knew things were about to go south if things continued to spiral out of control. Without a second though, he stepped between Rita and Saitama, a disapproving scowl on his face, "Or maybe you just dropped it? Honestly, you shouldn't be accusing my friend just because he 'looks' like a likely candidate. Get some proof, kid, or..." He paused a moment, trying to think of what he could say that might make her back down.

"... Or I'll tell Jade that you're threatening guests to cover up your own mistake."

Yeah, that might work.​

Gaster remained still, looking Papyrus up and down. The smile on the man faltered abit as he looked at the blue jacket he had adorned on him. The faint, fragments of memory would be shut out before they could be shown once more. Gaster would give a nod to Papyrus

gaster_face_1_by_arcbuild-d9if6u3.png

NO I AM NOT

I WAS JUST MAKING AN OBSERVATION OF THE EXPERIMENT

YOU SEEM TO BE IN QUITE THE DOUR MOOD

Gaster gave Papyrus a strange look-- not creepy, but a look of concern. He didn't bother to introduce himself or hint at who he was--- or what he is.​

"Hmhmhm is that right? By the way shouldn't a boy like you already be in bed? Auntie Morrigan can sing you a little lullaby if you're having problem sleeping."

"From where I'm from shindigs like this are a normal occurrence." Jezebel replied downing the last of her whiskey, the glass she handed off to Mickey like she expected him to know what to do. "You can call me Jezebel, I'm not quite sure what to call you however."

Rose leading the way noticed someone along the wall feeling Raven may could relate poked her arm. "Hey Rae you wanna go speak to them they seem kind of like us if you know what I mean?" She commented and noticed Raven turn to look then Raven looked back. "Or more like you being I bet you were talking about the armor their near too." She replied in monotone. Rose sighed. "Just come on you didn't say if you wanted to dance and I'm not willing to try and find my mp3." Rose commented. Raven gave a sigh. "Well I was following you anyways..." She replied and finally the two headed over near a girl leaning on the wall. "Hey" Rose greeted.

tumblr_inline_mg8i2jLAtI1qf6dad.png

"I'm good... Just give me a moment."

One moment later.

tumblr_inline_mqm4wkgjoe1s5ig4s.png

"Uh... Not now, Morgan. There's a time and place for those jokes."

Little did he know that Morrigan was likely not joking, though perhaps more attention should be brought to the fact that it looked like Saitama had already forgotten her name just a few moments later.

tumblr_inline_mqm5xiQt1M1s5ig4s.png

When Rita would speak, Saitama would only seem more and more mystified.

"A... keepsake? Why would I want anything from a kid?" He asked, his brow twitching a bit as it seemed that she was quite adamant on putting the blame on him. The backup from Hajime was appreciated, but there was no need.

After all, he was a hero!

tumblr_inline_nq0s9fpZjY1sftfvm_540.png

With that, Saitama would calm himself down and take a breath, before speaking again.

"Anyway, thanks for the help, but I got it covered from here," Saitama would say to Hajime, before looking at Rita again, "Look... How about this? I'll help you look for your key. I didn't steal it or anything, so it really doesn't have anything to do with me, but it's the least I could do for... uh, your excellent service."​

Morrigan just gave him a bemused look. "Such a big boy you are, I bet you can tie your own shoelace and everything!"

Morrigan felt no need to correct him. She sensed that was a pointless endeavor with this guy. "I wasn't joking, darling."

Rita scoffed at Saitama. "Right, and you help me look so that they key gets 'conveniently' found by you. I don't think so." She then gave Hajime a sour grimace. "You weren't even here, so butt out!"

Groaning, Rita turned her back on the group. "Whatever, I'll just try and ask for a new one. If you do have the key, don't you even try getting up to no good with it, you hear?"

MdPK3wo.png

Rita stalked off. She was so done.​

"Yeah...Today's not been the best day" he murmurs, his hand moving to grasp at a patch of the hoodie lightly "I have an important mission once this whole...event...is over"
He doesn't bother to question how he could understand the man, he just seemed to accept that it was something he could naturally do, thinking too much about anything related to the man sent a sharp pain through Papryus' bones, making him feel as though he'd been shocked with electricity, a feeling the skeleton wasn't exactly adjusted to. He avoided too much deep thought on the matter, because no matter how much he felt deep down he knew the man, he never seemed to get any closer to the truth, he couldn't gather anything other than the fact he knew this man from somewhere

"You spoke of an experiment, right? Like...The kind of experiments Alphys does?"​

tumblr_inline_mr6cnfyLEC1qz4rgp.jpg

"O-Oh, right, sorry," Hajime responded quietly, not wanting to step on the hero's toes by continuing to try and help. He even ignored Rita's outburst and Morrigan's teasing, instead wondering if there was anything else to do or if Slavya was still hanging around. Even when there isn't a murder going on, parties just aren't the best place with my luck...

Ryan was speaking sense, and she was right... Practically speaking Kilgrave was a piece of human filth, and Gilgamesh could tell that the second he spoke. But it was true this wasn't actual proof but rather instinct. And although the whole requirement for proof wasn't one he often agreed with, it is the philosophy that has led many talent people, so he had to at least respect it. Once Kilgrave departed Gilgamesh retracted Enkidu back into the Gates of Babylon, so that Ryan was free to move about again.

"Hmph! If you wish to endanger yourself like that then fine! But know that by doing so it's not just yourself you are putting in danger", which was probably the closest Gilgamesh was going to get to laying off for now. Then rubbing his temple a bit, stressed by the current situation he figured they'd both be best served dropping the topic. So he said "And to answer your question earlier, I've been busy... Long Story short I've ran into other murder games since the Crimson Moon incident".​

Had Mickey even the slightest idea that he was talking to the physical embodiment of Death, he might have been a bit freaked out. Had she been able to see all of the people he'd killed? That Billy's Mom killed? What about ChromeSkull? Would she want to take revenge for them? Would she want to see him die? How did the process of death really work? Was it all just darkness after you passed on? Or was it more of a business thing? Would he really have died if he hadn't met ChromeSkull when he did? All these questions and more would likely not get an answer as Mickey was blissfully unaware of Didi's true identity. At the most she just looked like she was a groupie for The Cure or some kind of genderbent Eric Draven cosplayer.

Which he wasn't going to knock.

Because the Crow was a fuckin awesome movie.

"I was already having a pretty good time with my pal over there. He's the guy in the fancy black suit and the skull mask. But he ain't much of a talker. Not to be confused with the actual talking skeleton. Which I'm convinced is either a really elaborate Ray Harryhausen prop gone rouge or some Nightmare Before Christmas meets Clash of the Titans shit.. I'm Mickey. Nice to meet ya."

"Huh?"

Mickey was surprised and nearly dropped the glass as Jez handed it off to him. What did she expect from him? To go get a refill like some kind of gentlemen? He was here to mingle, not be the daughter of the devil's murderous errand boy. But he supposed it'd let him pass something on to ChromeSkull as he went to do so.

"I'll be right back, ladies. Just gonna get a quick re-fill for Jez here." With that Mickey quickly made his way off and disappeared into the crowd. Only to reappear next to wherever ChromeSkull was with that drunken chick as he leaned in next to his friend.

"Sup, Chrome? You been enjoying yourself since you fucked off from that wonderful chat I was having?"

BY WONDERFUL CHAT, YOU MEAN YOU GOING ON AND ON ABOUT MOVIES TO A GUY I COULDN'T STAND THE SIGHT OF? BUT YOU DIDN'T COME OVER HERE TO ASK ME HOW I'VE BEEN. THE HELL DID YOU DO NOW, MICKEY?

"Well, after that whole song and dance which I'm sure you saw, being that I was the star and all. I ran into this goth chick and was just going to get a refill for Jez. You want to come back with me?"

EH, MIGHT BE A BETTER USE OF MY TIME THAN HANGING AROUND HERE. SO LONG AS YOU KEEP YOUR KNIFE SHEATHED. ALSO, DID YOU SEE THAT THING LOOKING AT ME?

Mickey was quite confused at just who ChromeSkull was referring to. From Morrigan to that skeleton thing, there was a whole bunch of freaks here.

"I'm afraid you're gonna have to be a little more specific. Who did you mean, exactly?"

THAT SKELETON. HE GLARED AT ME AND THEN SULKED OFF. YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THAT'S ABOUT?

"I dunno. Maybe he just thinks your face is offending or something. I mean your mask-face. Not your real face. You got a mug a mother would die for. Hehehe, get it because Friday the 13th and.."

JUST GET YOUR GODDAMN DRINKS AND GET OUT OF MY FACE.ALREADY DECIDED I'M GONNA MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH ONE OF THOSE BACKUP DANCERS IN YOUR LITTLE 'SHOW' YOU PUT ON.

"..What?! But they look..Just...Like..Oh."

ChromeSkull didn't really feel a response was warranted there.

"Right-o! I'll just be on my way." With that Ghostface quickly moved past ChromeSkull to go and grab a drink to refill Jez's glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back