The Grimalkin Institute of Magical Learning

Atomic Knight

Bear With Me
The Convergence Series GM
MnVNCY8.png

With the advent of the Coalition's disbanding and a bright new multiverse before them, the MEU had decided to train youth in the various forms of magical arts in order for them to join the organization one day under a new division. The House of Mystery, a building mostly located in universes unknown, has opened its doors in downtown Avalon as a magical school by the name of Grimalkin. Strangely, cats are rather attracted to the place.

All members of the Coven had a say in the school's creation, using their known contacts to set up a prestigious faculty. Though their were professors ready to impart their knowledge of the arcane, most of them had only offered their assistance temporarily. The Coven had wanted the academy to largely be both a space where individuals could voluntarily share what they know and also be a repository of information for those who wished to participate in leading their own education. Due to these being the primary focuses of Grimalkin, the academy was rather lax on what classes students attended or how intensely they chose to study.

Of course, it was far from a space where there were no rules. Many wards were in place to stop students from participating in forbidden arts or harming each other. It was also known that one of the headmasters, Morrigan, was likely to give any student quite the tongue lashing if they ever found themselves on the harsh end of her ire.

It was now the first week of the school's opening and on this particular day, a few locations were open to new students. There was the Grand Library, where a large number of tones and lorebooks could be found. There was the Common Area, where students could gather to rest, or perhaps catch one of their professors for extra questions. In just a little bit, three classes were to start, though students had time to relax and explore before jumping into anything in particular.​

Ugh how had she been talked into this? Dealing with problems on Krakoa and having classes in Strange Academy wasn't enough? Now she had been roped into another teaching job? Illyana Rasputin even known as Magik had been a lot of things, but substitute teach for a multiversal school for magic was probably one of the more odder assignments she had been roped into.

"At least I got a great rate," She mumbled to herself. Next time she was mistaken for another student she was going to drop them into Limbo. Waiting for her first class of the semester to start Magik made her way to the common area to scope out the students. Considering they were from all over the place they'd be more impressive then the Strange Academy kids, right?

@Atomic Knight @Everyone

Sabrina Spellman

Sabrina was not the type to lounge around in a common area. It wasn't her style, even before she had joined this new school. Sure, she could go and try to find her professors, but she doubted that they would be happy to answer questions. She would rather save all her inquires for when she was in the classroom. Sure, she would have to keep their attention while other students tried, but she was used to that.

What Sabrina had really came here to do was to learn more. So she had immediately headed to the Great Library to pour herself into lorebooks and tomes. She would approach the nearest staff member who worked in the library. "
Where would be the best place to start on learning new things?" She asked.

@Atomic Knight @Library

Here came an unruly student not looking her way as she bumped right into Magik from behind. The young woman let out a snort of indignation.

XAaVptY.png

"Man, why is this place so crowded?" she said, looking away from Illyana and crossing her arms. Though she seemed mildly embarrassed, it seemed she was eager to blame her surroundings with her muttering.

@Jeremi @Commons

"That's a good question," the staff member said as she turned to face Sabrina.

ADgCAw9.png

"There are so many new things to learn... you could start just about anywhere." She guided Sabrina over to the nearest bookcase and moved her finger in the air to trace the rows. "This section are largely lorebooks from worlds with deep magical histories. It's known that learning the history of magic can greatly enhance one's understanding of it. Of course..." She gave Sabrina a sly smile. "There are rudimentary spellbooks as well where one could start."

@Lucky @Library

CHONGYUN
@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @CommonArea

A young boy was lounging in the common area. Licking an ice pop, he didn’t seem to have a care in the world that the area surrounding him was freezing cold.

Chongyun, the young boy, was, albeit not immediately obvious, the reason for this drop in temperature. He can’t stand the heat due to “congenital positivity”. Makes him angry and out of control.

But for now it seems like he’s minding his own business.​

Though Chongyun was minding his own business, a little elf creature had invaded his space. The elf stared at the boy, waiting for him to be acknowledged.

oQq1FVh.jpg

"Hey, uh, yeah..." The elf scratched at the back of his neck. "I really haven't wanted to be a bother, but you're kind of really cold. And I mean that in a literal way, not as a comment on your personality. Do you mind moving?"

@Capri @Commons

”Yeah. So crowded,” Magik remarked turning around to give the unknown girl a look over. She seemed to be around her own age which again put her own situation in perspective about being a teacher here rather than a student. “Well if you’re this close I feel it’s customary to give an apple or something to your teacher isn’t it?” Magik playfully handed out her hand waiting for something she was definitely not getting. As she did this Magik looked over to where the freeze boy was. That was probably going to be a handful.

@Atomic Knight @Capri Commons

CHONGYUN
@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Commons

View attachment 9655

“...?”

Chongyun turned to the little elf creature with curiosity, licking his freeze pop. He didn’t seem threatening, but he was unlike anything in Liyue.

Well, he is far from Liyue now.

A polite smile formed on the boy’s face. It seems Chongyun was friendly.

“Sure,” he said, moving to the side so the elf creature could pass.​

"Uh, woah, what?" The girl talking to Magik raised her brow in surprise. After a moment, she started to laugh this off. "Ha, yeah... you know, if I had an apple I would totally give it to you. Yup." She followed Magik's gaze to see the boy and the elf. The girl sighed as she watched the pair of them.

"Oh, uh." The elf crossed his arms. "Yeah, this doesn't feel right. This is kind of my space? I sort of scouted it out." He uncrossed his arms and outstretched them to indicate the area around him. "And you're just so cold, even standing there, so I think I actually would like you to leave."

"Elfo, leave the kid alone," the white-haired girl said, rolling her eyes.

"Bean." Elfo snorted as if amused. "What do you expect me to do here? Freeze to death? You know how cold I easily get."

"No, I'm pretty sure that's just the excuse you use to hold me." The girl, evidently named Bean, turned back to Magik. "He and I aren't friends."

@Capri @Jeremi @Commons

“Bean?” Magik asked disbelievingly about the name that the little green gremlin called the girl. Then again ‘Elfo’ wasn’t much better in her ears. “So. Definitely not friends Bean, Elfo.” She looked at both of them. “What are you two doing here? In that what’re your classes?” She hoped they weren’t part of her curriculum.

Five years ago.

That's when everything changed, stagnant Arcadia Bay turned into multiverse chaos. Yet, he didn't regret it.

Grimalkin, the most recent place he found himself in, he walked down one of the long dusty hallways before entering the grand library. It smelt stale- like old books or mothballs. Nathan wasn't really a reader, he just didn't care to stay at the commons- making small talk with strangers he didn't know or care for.

He sat down at one of the tables, his eyes scanned the large room, landing on a blonde woman and-

Elliot?

No, it couldn't be. He walked over to them, dumbfounded. Instead, Nathan was met with a woman, she looked identical to Elliot- her eyes just as cold and piercing. He awkwardly was stood in front of them, speechless.

@Atomic Knight @Lucky @Library

"Can I help you?" asked the librarian, pausing from perusing the books with Sabrina to give Nathan a measured look. She had seemed pleasant with Sabrina but now looked slightly wary. She was finding Nathan's dumbfounded look a bit odd.

@Space_Candy @Lucky @Library

"Okay, now you're just being difficult," Elfo said, giving the boy an unimpressed look. "Why do you need to stay cold? I don't think that's good for anybody."

"Yeah, Bean," the girl said, crossing her arms. "Or, uh, Tiabeanie. I'm actually a princess? Did you know that? Uhh--" She looked away, not meeting Magik's gaze. "I haven't actually settled on a class because I'm not really sure what I'm doing here. A little chunk of Dreamland just happened to magically appear outside of town so my friends and I wandered into here because--"

Bean suddenly stopped and put a hand to her mouth.

"I'm talking way too much."

@Capri @Jeremi @Commons

CHONGYUN
@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Commons

“I have a condition,” Chongyun vaguely said, licking his ice pop before continuing.

“Congenital positivity. Even the slightest bit of heat can cause me to become... manic,”

"Okay, that sounds made up," Elfo said, looking unimpressed.

"You can't just say that, Elfo," Bean said. She thought on that for a moment though and figured it didn't sound very real herself. "Well..."

"Can you prove it?" Elfo asked. "I can light something on fire or whatever."

@Capri @Jeremi @Commons

He wasn't sure when he lost Elliot, he remembered celebrating their win- the kiss they shared that night but, after that not much.

Nathan noticed he was gawking rudely at the two in the library. He muttered out a decline before continuing to look around.

@Atomic Knight @Lucky

Aisha figured to get a head start before classes started today, so of course she would be at the Grand Library. She already made herself comfortable at a desk table and flipping through a book. Occasionally, she would check on her magical pendant for any reactions, before going back to reading her book.

It looks like she was well invested in this kind of studying.

@Atomic Knight @Lucky @Space_Candy @Library

”Magik,” She replied introducing herself. ”And you thought it would be a good idea to just come walking in?” She looked stern for a moment before winking. ”I won’t tell if you won’t.”

Then the talk went to the boy and his weird situation. ”Magic can be screwy and unpredictable,” She remarked to Elfo. ”If a guy says he goes crazy in heat you have to believe them.” Even if it sounded made up the young sorcerer thought to herself.

Elizabeth watched Nathan as he left, though it was not long before someone else in the library tried to get his attention.

"H-Hey!" came the voice of young boy.

57QtMvi.jpg

"Stop that penguin!"

The boy ran up to Nathan and pointed down the row of bookcases, where a blue creature disappeared into one of the rows. It accidentally slammed into one of the bookcases, causing a chain reaction of books to land on Aisha's study space. "He's got my book!"

@Space_Candy @Gummi Bunnies @Library

Bean winked at Magik. "Uh, sure okay. You got it. And I mean, I get what this place is about, so it's not like I'm dumb or something..."

Elfo just crossed his arms. "Yeah, okay. But I'm still kind of cold."

Hehehe...

"Uh..." Elfo sniffed the air. "Anyone smell burning?"

"Kind of smells like someone lit a candy-cane on fire," Bean remarked.

"Yeah, I--" Elfo leaped into the air and yelped. "Someone lit my pants on fire!!"

@Capri @Jeremi @Commons

Back