Gods Among Men The Iceberg Lounge

"Wayne's a bleeding heart." The bartender told Aries, "If you have the skills, if you have someone to look after, he'll definitely give you a job." He continued, "In the meantime, have any server experience? We could use someone new. Last guy ended up getting himself in trouble."

"Bat trouble. Decided it was a good idea to start robbing banks in Maryland, and then here when that got too risky." The bartender explained.

"Naw, never worked as a server, but I'm pretty quick to pick things up. I probably could have, but the thought of serving my mates did not sound pleasant to me." Aries shrugged a little before arching a brow. Bat trouble? So the rumors were really true? Well, of course they were true, he saw the news on a daily basis and hadn't been living beneath a rock, but it was still amazing that someone dressed up in a bat costume to fight against the evil in the world.

"Not a bright guy, eh? I'd like to meet the bat sometime, just to shoot the breeze and exchange fighting techniques." Grinning, Aries stretched out, finishing up his whiskey.

"Stick around Gotham City long enough and eventually you see the Bat. Whether or not you're happy to see him depends on your choices." The bartender said, "I'm Dominic, by the way." He finally introduced himself.

"Stop in tomorrow night. Get started on your serving gig. It's mostly taking drink orders for rich assholes and drunk rich assholes."

"Eh, the worse I've done in my life is kill someone who deserved it. That's it, so I doubt we'd meet on bad terms." Grinning a little in an attempt to hide how bitter he was still about his father; not about killing him, but about not saving his mother in time, Aries just shrugged a little. He did manage to snag himself a job and with any luck, he would be able to also work for Wayne. Things were finally looking up for him, finally.

"Great, thanks a bunch, Dominic. I can't remember if I introduced myself, but I'm Aries Cyric. See you tomorrow." Smiling, he slid to his feet and moved towards the door, intent on catching some of the town life before settling in for the night.

Back