The Imperator's Snippets

better.png

A small concept practice from last night I decided to add to.

Last edited:
The stairs connecting them are cool n.n

They're not quite what I have in mind but I don't have a problem with that :p

I absolutely love the variety in your art! From more abstract/geometric pieces to extremely realistic, while keeping the simplistic and refreshing feel about them. Thank you for sharing!

I absolutely love the variety in your art! From more abstract/geometric pieces to extremely realistic, while keeping the simplistic and refreshing feel about them. Thank you for sharing!
Thank you very much. I try to keep my scenes fairly simplistic, and only use details necessary to convey the desired atmosphere, hence why my color choices are few.

I also want to note that for the kitchen one I used scripts for the meshes, and modified them to fit better (Books, cabinets, doors, etc are from a script.) The other renders don't use premade models, however.

Oh sweet! I am just beginning to come by an appreciation of how much work goes into 3D. What program(s) are you using?

Oh sweet! I am just beginning to come by an appreciation of how much work goes into 3D. What program(s) are you using?
I am using plain ol' Blender. Very versatile, you can do just about anything in it, and free (Though more professional software is better if you want top tier functionality).

The effort in 3d depends on what you are doing, it can range from a day to weeks to months for small projects. I spend a lot of hours on mine, mainly because I learn something new every moment, and I never have a concept fleshed out ahead of time. What you see here are literally just hours of adding details until I am satisfied.

The most painstaking aspect of 3d for me is easily selecting individual vertices when making a mesh. It is inherent fine tuning, no way to really skip that.

I have some new ideas for 3d to try out, so I will likely make something new soon. I have been spending time messing around with old DOS games (Gladiator is sweet), emulation, photo editing, and setting up virtual machines.

I tried Blender for a bit, but while I can modify things that already exist pretty easily, I have trouble setting up the basic shapes. And so many hot keys!

I've done a few things now with Scupltris, but I am really ridiculously new to the world of 3D.

I hope to see more of your stuff as you go!

For the most part, I make my own models. When I don't manually make it from scratch, I make it using a plugin and edit it to what I need. I am still very new to 3d, it is hard as hell, but you just have to not get ahead of yourself.

Blender is amazing, but the hotkeys are ridiculous. Sometimes you learn a new hotkey/menu and it cuts workload in half.

Back