The Island of Criminals (LadyAwesome & BookTheif)

LadyAwesome

@BookThief

BIOGRAPHIES:
Name: Raphael (Or Raph to those that know him well.)
Height: 6'4
Appearance: He's tall and broad-shouldered with a slight muscular build due to his constant involvement in a variety of sports. He has forest green eyes, olive skin with a mop of curly brown hair and a strong, set jaw with a determined chin.
Personality: He's stubborn and tends to push people away when he cares about them the most. He can be playful and easy-going, but also really aggressive when given the right situation.
Other: He comes from a fairly wealthy family and has one younger sister. His mom is Spanish and his dad is Greek, so I guess that might give you a better picture of what he looks like.

Name: Annastasia Anderson
Personality: She is reserved, and doesn't care to share her personal life and business with anyone else. She is not rude or snobbish, but she will be the first one to give an honest answer. She is loyal to those who she cares for and will do anything to protect them. She is smart, but hides it, and is friendly and kind once given a chance.
Appearance: here.

BASIC PLOT:
A group of teenagers, varying in ages, wake up stranded on an island that looks to be abandoned. None of them can remember anything, except for their first names and ages. What they don't realize - and what they will soon find out - is that they are all criminals who have been captured and dumped on the island by a mysterious Mr. Z to receive their "justice." They have to work together to figure out who this Mr. Z is, survive his random attacks and stunts, and try to survive the island itself. Will they turn on each other when they finally figure out their crimes? Or will they stick together to get off the island? They better figure it out fast, their lives may just depend on it.

Annastasia laid on the dirt floorbed of the island, her head thumping with pain. She laid there listening to the sounds around her before her eyes fluttered open slowly. She sat up, gripping her head, "What...happened...?" She looked around, standing up slowly on shaky legs. There were trees surrounding her, like she was in some kind of forest. Behind her, she heard the rush of a waterfall - which she would bet ran into a river. In front of her, she noticed the dirt turned into a tan color and became grainy - sand, she thought. There was a beach past the trees, which meant she was probably on an island. But how did she get here? She couldn't remember. As a matter of fact, she couldn't remember anything. "What?" she asked herself, "How is that possible? Why can't I remember?" She felt a tug in her brain, like it was trying to open a door that was bolted shut and wouldn't open. "My name is Annastasia Anderson. I am 17 years old. I live..." she didn't know the answer to that last part. She didn't know why she didn't know, and that scared the crap out of her.

She took a deep breath, calming her nerves. She walked towards the sandy beach ahead of her to scout out the area.

Raphael woke up suddenly with a shooting pain reverberating against his cranium and an aching sensation throughout his entire body. He winced as he sat up on what seemed to be soft sand, holding his head between his hands. The utterly comfused teenager furrowed his brow while intently concentrating on searching through his memories for any recollection of how he got wherever he was and why he was there in the first place. Frustrated at his failure to figure anything out, he stood up and began pacing back and forth a few feet across the beach, massaging his temples. The only sound filling the deserted island were songs of the various exotic birds that inhabited there and the thundering waves hitting against the rocky shore. Raphael gave an irritated growl, deciding he would venture out into the nearby jungle instead of walking around in circles, getting nothing done. He sifted through every memory he had, (which wasn't much), and still couldn't make up a single detail to explain anything.

Annastasia walked through trees onto soft sand. She looked around, her situation sinking in, "Damn. Just water." The ocean assured her that they were more than likely on an island. She was trapped. She couldn't remember anything about how or why she got here. She couldn't even remember her life, oddly enough. This was starting to scare her, and she wasn't sure if she wanted to find other people or not.

Regardless
, she pushed on down the beach. After about 5 or so minutes of walking, she spotted something in the distance. Was that a person? "Hey!" She called out hopefully, "Hey! You there!" She took off running towards the figure. As she grew closer, she realized it was a boy, around her age or a year or so older. She picked up her pace and broke into a run, her heart beating fast, until she reached the boy.

Raphael grunted in annoyance as he pushed away various branches, vines, and large leaves away from his face. He had been walking for what seemed to be hours now and nothing of importance was in sight. Not to mention his apparent complete loss of every memory he had. He paused for a moment, frowning as he thought he could hear a voice. "Nah.." He thought,"I must be tired and too hopeful. Just hearing voices that aren't there." He rubbed his face, back stiffening as soon as he became alert from the sound of approaching footsteps. Raphael whirled around in one quick motion, eyes widening at the sight of the girl he had never seen before.

Annastasia didn't expect the boy to stop and turn so suddenly, and before either of them knew it, she barreled into him, sending them crash landing onto the sandy floor. The rolled a few steps and landed next to each other, Annastasia's cheeks flushing a bright pink, "I. Am. So. Sorry..." She laid on the ground with her eyes shut from embarrassment for a few beats before sitting up and looking to the boy, "Are you okay??"

Raphael let out a strangled yelp as they both collapsed onto the ground. Growling and spitting out a mouthful of what he hoped was just sand, he sat up and brushed himself off beginning to stand. Raphael was always one to remain calm when disaster struck and couldn't understand why the young girl was running around the island as crazily as she was given the circumstances.

Annastasia stood, dusting herself off and cursing at herself for her clumsy manner once again. She looked at the boy and asked again, "Hey, are you okay? I really am sorry. Believe it or not, that does happen to me quite often..."

He scoffed and glanced over at her, his eyes widening a bit before he gave a slight nod,"Yeah..I'm fine. Just...watch where you're going." Raphael began walking in the direction he had been going..or at least where he thought he had been going. Why did this random female have to screw everything up? His brow furrowed as he debated with his instincts informing him that she was only a girl just as confused as he was, and she needed to help.

Annastasia raised an eyebrow, not sure what this guy's problem is. She took a few fast steps to catch up to him, walking by his side, "H-Hey, wait a sec! Where are you going?" She touched his arm lightly, urging him to stop and look at her. Her brown eyes twinkled with adventure, the wind blowing her long blue hair behind her, the smell of fresh hair dye faint in the breeze. "My name is Annastasia. You can call me Stasia for short." She gave a soft, kindly smile to the boy; one that was welcoming and non judgemental.

Raphael grunted in response to her commanding him to stop. He took a few more steps before feeling her fingertips brush against his skin, leaving a warm feeling behind. He turned around hesitantly to look back at her, offering a slight smile with a nod,"Raphael."

Stasia grinned warmly, "Raphael," she rolled the name on her tongue, "Like the artist." She hesitated, a humorous twinkle in her eyes, "and the Ninja Turtle." She took a moment to look him over, take in his features. "It's nice to meet you Raphael." She looked at their surroundings, her smile fading into worry, "Do you know where we are? Or how we got here? I-I can't seem to actually remember..."

Raphael laughed heartily, rolling his eyes in a joking manner," Like I haven't heard that before." He kept his gaze trained on hers, studying for just a moment before responding with a warm grin. "Nice to meet you too." He watched her expression change, her worried emotion oddly enough affecting his own mood. Almost as if he cared about how she felt. "I wish I could answer those questions, but.." He rubbed the back of his head," Sadly I cannot. I don't remember anything either."

"I was afraid of that," she sighed, "Maybe we should look around a bit?" Stasia started walking deeper into the trees, Raphael next to her. She looked around, searching for any sign of other life. They came to a clearing, full of green grass and multi-colored flowers. "It's kind of beautiful," she said with a twinkle in her eyes. They stepped farther into the clearing, Stasia smiling and sniffing the flowers that they pass.

"HEY!" a voice came from somewhere to the of them, hidden in the trees, "HELLO! HELP!" Stasia looked to Raphael, "Did you hear that?" The voice screamed again, "HELP ME!" Stasia didn't hesitate again before taking off in a sprint towards the voice. They ran through trees until they ended up next to a river. Besides the river, there was a pile of leaves that had been scattered with a rope leading upwards. "HEY! H-Help me!" Hanging upside down on the other end of the rope was a guy, who looked about 15 or 16, and was swinging from his ankle.

Stasia suppressed a giggle and walked towards the boy, "Um, hi there. What are you doing up there?"

"Oh, just hanging around. I wanted to get acquainted with my ape ancestors." The boy rolled his eyes, "Would you please get me down?" Stasia nodded, and looked around for the other end of the rope. It was tied to a tree a few trees down from where the boy was hanging. She untied and gently, slowly lowered the boy to the ground.

The boy untied the rope from his ankle and stood up, dusting himself off. "Hey, thanks." He smiled up at the two of them.

"No problem. How did you get up there anyway?"

He shrugged, "No idea. I was walking along, wondering how I got here, and next thing I know, I'm hanging upside down in a tree."

Raphael trudged behind Stasia with a slight disgruntled look as he pushed leaves and branches from his face. He wiped the scattered beads of sweat from his forehead, looking out at the approaching clearing in awe, feeling a new invigorating energy restore him. He glanced over at Stasia, his gaze lingering on her face as he nodded,"Yeah...really is."

His body gave a sudden jolt at the sound of the voice calling out nearby, eyes wide. He bit back his urge to protest against Stasia running off before running behind, looking around for the unknown person who apparently was in danger. He chuckled softly at the sight of the young boy, rubbing his chin, "Seems he's in a bit of a pickle." Raphael stood close by as Stasia assisted him and helped him down.

Stasia knit together her eyebrows, confused as to how this boy could get roped like that without other people on the island, "Curiouser and curiouser..." She took a moment to evaluate their surroundings: they were by a river, at the end of which was a small waterfall, flowing gently downwards. She turned back to the boy, a friendly look on her face, "What's your name? I'm Stasia, and this is Raphael," she smiled at Raphael as his name escaped her mouth - a warm, almost tender smile.

"I'm Chase," the boy replied glancing between the two of them, "You haven't seen another girl have you?"

Stasia shook her head, "No, why? Was someone with you?"

Chase's face went from hopeful to confused, "W-Well, I'm not sure exactly. I can't really remember anything before waking up on this island, but I think...I think I have a sister..." He studied the ground, his mind racing intensely, trying to grasp onto the memory that seemed to pushing its way to the fromt of his brain. After a few minutes of Stasia and Raphael staring at Chase staring at the ground, Chase perked up, his eyes hopeful and a smile spreading along his lips, "Yes! That's it! A-A sister! Rose! My older sister! She's here with me. I haven't seen her, but I-I feel..." He shook his head, embarrassed, "This is going to sound crazy, but I can feel her here. Sense her, like I'm supposed to remember her and know that she's here."

Stasia frowned, a look of concern in her eyes, "That's strange. I don't remember anything. I can't even tell you if I have siblings. But you remember her, Rose." She shook her head, utterly perplexed at the entire situation. "I guess we better start looking then..." As soon as the words escaped her mouth, a girl - with long blonde hair that looked to hang just above her bum, and bright green eyes that mirrored Chase's - came sprinting through the trees and barreling towards them. There was a look of fear on her face, and she kept looking behind her, like something was chasing her.

"Rose?" Chase stared at the girl, who looked about 18, in astonishment, "ROSE!" The girl nearly knocked him over as she ran towards Chase, but her face went from fear to relief and she threw her arms around her younger brother, "Chase, thank god you're okay." She held him for a whole minute before releasing him.

Raphael rubbed a hand across the side of his jaw in thought. Definitely was odd that this kid could manage to get himself in that trap all by himself. He gave a slight wave to Chase and smiled, the sound of Stasia mentioning his name gave him a weird, but content feeling.
He quietly stood close by and listened intently, furrowing his brows at the comment Chase made about having a sister. There's another person on this island? How many people are there..and what do we all have in common? He thought for a long while, slightly pacing a few steps before stopping at the distinct sound of someone running close by. He turned his head and spotted a young girl sprinting towards them. He caught her gaze flick backwards and tensed up with slight fear that something was not far behind her.
Raphael glanced over at Stasia uneasily before looking back to see the girl with her arms tightened around Chase. "So.." He started with a voice rugged with nervousness,"you both are related?"

(Hi there, I'm really sorry that I've been MIA so long. I got busy with school and work and what not. But I'm back now, if you're okay with continuing this RP!)

Stasia tilted her head, catching Raphael's tensed gaze. She looked after the girl, Rose, where Raphael had been looking. She thought she saw someone - or something - moving behind the trees, but she couldn't be sure that it wasn't just a gust of wind or a stray animal. She decided not to say anything and turned back to the group.

The girl - Rose - nodded to Raphael, "Yes, we are. I'm Rose. Chase is my little brother." Her face fell, filling with worry, "But that's all I can remember. It was more of a feeling really, rather than a memory. I can't remember growing up together, but I remember the day he was born and holding him in my arms, and that's all. Just that we're siblings." She turned to Chase, "You're alright, aren't you?"

Chase nodded, "I'm fine. I got stuck in a tree, but Stasia and Raphael here helped me down."

Rose relaxed a bit, her eyes filled with gratitude, "Thank you both, for helping him." Stasia smiled softly at Rose, happy to be able to help. Behind them, Stasia heard a couple of sticks break, like someone stepped on them and then retreated back behind a tree. Stasia stiffened, "Did you hear that?" Her voice was a whisper now, so as not to alert anyone, "It sounds like we might have a watcher."

Raphael listened to Rose closely as she spoke, trying to fit every piece of this story and this particular circumstance together. He forrowed his brow in thought before giving a slight smile and nod,"No problem."

He looked over at Stasia and shook his head, he hadn't heard a sound while listening to Rose and Chase speak. Raphael waited patiently for a few seconds, listening closely and his eyes widened as he heard the noises coming from a few yards away. He gathered his courage, which was fairly easily since he was high on adrenaline and walked over to the trees, saying calmly, "Hello? Anyone there? Show yourself."

Back