Closed The Liberation of Castle Naraz

Dashmiel

Bearly In Charge
Administrator
Nexus GM

The Liberation of Castle Naraz

emilio-rodriguez-castillo.jpg

Down a dried up well in a lightly traveled corner of one of Nexus's many gardens, cries for help have recently begun to be heard. Down the well and through an unstable Rift that's recently opened, lies the world of Anlomar, and the benighted environs of Castle Naraz. A secluded kingdom squatting amidst a valley formed by nigh impassable mountains ringing it, Anlomar is home to a few thousand poor souls and the vampires that predate upon them like livestock. Forced to nearly pointless work, and used as food when convenient, the denizens of Anlomar have to contend with a truly bleak experience. One where even death proves of no comfort, for their corpses are equally bound to the service of Castle Naraz.

Castle Naraz is a mid-sized fortification home to the last remaining scions of the once expansive clan Narazi. Once a powerful clan of vampires renowned their world over for their necromantic ability, the Naraz vampire clan is now reduced to a shell of their former glory. Rumors are however, that their remaining members are preparing a ritual to sacrifice their remaining livestock in exchange for a return to their past glory.

Who will save the poor denizens of Anlomar, and liberate Castle Naraz?

This will be a short(ish) straightforward storyline, basically in the spirit of say, Castlevania. You can expect to beat some skeletons, zombies, weird undead things, and kill some vampires until we all get to go home. Aside from the Nexus roleplay rules, you also have the following consideration: This Rift is intended for modern/urban time-period characters/objects. You may join it with a character with a more anachronistic world view (e.g. Pure fantasy or Sci-Fi) but, any high-tech objects or abilities relying on technology will not make the transition. Ancient magic swords and a gun you can find in a gun shop today are fair game.

Feel free to drop me a link to your character in here, and you can either join directly into the Rift World when it's begun, or we can prepare a pre-Rift entrance in Nexus City.

Max Number of Players: 4

Players/Characters:
Dashmiel (Ragenard Guiscard)
Knosis (Broch Asvaldr)
Faithy (Aimée Chevrier)
Hydrangea (Daniel Vitae)

Last edited:

Kelsey Hayden is who I wanna join as

Kelsey Hayden is who I wanna join as

Can you give me a bit more of an insight into what kind of character Kelsey is?

She is a woman with a gun who’s kinda mysterious...

I know you have a penchant for "everyman" characters in ridiculous circumstances. That can work here, but as the tone of this story is not intended to be a "meta" aware plot, I'll need to know you're going in with a character who's going work with the spirit of things within their limitations.

I know you have a penchant for "everyman" characters in ridiculous circumstances. That can work here, but as the tone of this story is not intended to be a "meta" aware plot, I'll need to know you're going in with a character who's going work with the spirit of things within their limitations.
Gatling gun. If that’s not enough then I’m probably not joining. Apologies if that’s the case.

@Knosis , @Capri , @Hydrangea

Alright, we're all assembled. I'll be setting up the thread and the initial scene setting post sometime later today. You guys can either start directly there or have a Nexus side entrance, at your discretion.

With them shouting through the water, are we assuming this is a request that eventually gets back to the Nexus?

Yes. The door is open for characters to have heard it through the grapevine and eventually gotten curious to go check. For flavor, some would have gotten back to Nexus to share the tale. But because it's not a stable rift, not many are willing to go get trapped in such a backwards place.

@Knosis @Capri @Hydrangea

Feel free to get your entrances up whenever. You can feel free to use any NPCs in the village to flavor your posts as needed. Just keep in mind they're poor serfs. Once we're all in, we can converge IC and get our characters pointed towards the forest for the beginning of the trip to the castle.

Back