The Lost and the Found [1x1 Bonnibel]

Veni-Vidi-Respondi

I came, I saw, I responded
Heavenly Father where are you...

They say the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Esabel of the Rain had taken those steps, for land and liege – for here people. The journey had been long, more than a thousand miles - they never told her it ended in this god forsaken desert. Her tongue was swollen, feeling had left her extremities, she wondered bitterly if it was faulty directions that had led her to this moment. She gripped the back of the camel with seized muscles, her heart played a pattern of a dramatic – slow spacious beats, then picking up with a sudden dramatic surge of pace as it struggled to keep her alive. It was like a long haul merchant trying to stay awake at the reins while drifting in and out.

Heavenly Father why are you so far away...

The prayer raised again answered once again only by the scorching heat of the desert sun. She had heard the end of the world was an endless waterfall that made rain for a world below it, our worlds rain came from the land above us, yet she was beginning to think that this desert stretched all they way to Grim's Gate. A vast expanse the drive way the keeper of the dead, she cared not, as long as he had water. Take me through the gates, then up the stairway.

Heavenly father why are you so far away...

Esabel's eyes drifted close as the prayer rose into silence once again, her body was cold for some reason despite the heat – somewhere in the back of her mind she knew it was the end. The only thing that had kept her going this far was her sacred task, to obtain the relic lost, stolen when the prince was murdered – not just the prince... Her friend... She could hear his voice and she knew she had arrived at the gates of heaven. She smiled as she slipped from the camels back and the world.

Back