Fanfiction The Lost and The Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takumi

Member of the Yato Club
This story takes place during and after the events of Trouble in Paradise, and details some of what Yukine was up to before and after being summoned by Yato towards the end of the event and some time after.

It was far too quiet, and it took Yukine all of two minutes to realize why: Yato wasn't around to loudly complain about one thing or another.

'Maybe he'll show up later…' the blonde thought to himself as he sat at the table of his room at Kofuku's place. He stared down at the half finished page of math homework Hiyori gave him earlier and tried to continue where he left off, but after trying for nearly five minutes he couldn't concentrate.

"Ugh, where is that good for nothing Yato?" He huffed as he stood and grabbed his jacket, making his way downstairs.

"I'll be right back!" He called as he put his shoes on and left without waiting for an answer. He wanted to find that sweaty tracksuit wearing god before it got dark, giving him a few hours to look.

"He probably got sidetracked trying to advertise himself or something." He tried to assure himself as he started down the street. He'd see if that's what the god was doing, and if not he'd check Tenjin's place and see if Yato was there loitering around or bugging Mayu.

If he wasn't there then that'd leave Hiyori's place…unless Yato fell asleep at some old forgotten shrine? No, why would he do that if he could just come to Yukine's room and be an annoying bum there?

He checked bathroom stalls, alleyways, jungle gyms, benches, and at one point some dog's doghouse to see if the god was currently doing some cleaning job. No luck, not even a newly spray painted advertisement of the god's number. So, he went to Tenjin's.

"Ah, Mayu!" Yukine called, breathlessly running up to the older Regalia once he spotted her.

"Have you seen Yato?" He asked, though at the shake of her head felt his shoulders slump. "I thought so, I haven't seen him in a few hours…" he sighed.

"A few hours? He's been gone that long?" Mayu frowned as she brought her hand to her chin. "Have you spoken to Hiyori?" She asked.

"No, not yet. I planned to after seeing if you or Tenjin-sama had seen him." Yukine replied.

"Well, when you do see him let him know that I don't appreciate him making you worry." Mayu said playfully, making Yukine smile a little.

"I will, and thank you." He said, before bowing and leaving.

After a half hour spent trying to find Hiyori, with no luck Yukine came to a stop to rest, it was like the two up and disappeared, and he was really starting to worry now.

Drip.

A nearby water drop formed a ripple in a puddle.

"Oh? A lost little boy, wandering alone? What's wrong?" Came a soft voice that made Yukine tense. They were mocking him. Whirling around, he came face to face with none other than Nora.

Eyes narrowing, Yukine took a step back as he watched the other Regalia, her smile creeping him out.

"I'm not lost, Nora." He spat, before he decided to see if she knew anything--she seemed like she knew something.

"...Have you seen Yato?" He asked begrudgingly, earning a tilt of the head from Nora. He barely noticed how her smile faltered for a second.

"Is dear Yato hiding? Or did he abandon you?" She countered with her own question, avoiding his and watching Yukine closely as his eyes widened.

"He wouldn't abandon me, even after I...he didn't--" he started, though Nora's eyes narrowed.

"No, I suppose he didn't after you blighted him, when he could of revoked your name and replaced you for such an act--" she said almost dismissively, before Yukine bristled and cut her off.

tumblr_nya00pDGnb1rble98o5_250.png

"Replace me with who? You? He wouldn't do that." He spoke, keeping venom out of his voice as he tried to keep his emotions in check, his own eyes narrowing.

Nora gave an amused chuckle, moving to roll her sleeves up. Names covering her arms from multiple gods-one of the very reason she was a Nora and not called a single proper name.

tumblr_nvz7c2z98Z1rykmygo1_500.gif

"The name he gave me is still here, it's only a matter of time before he calls for me instead of you." Nora replied, unphased by being cut off.

"You're wrong!" Yukine cried out. Yato didn't go back to Nora before he made Yukine his weapon, so why would he ever...?

"We'll see, poor lost Yu-ki-ne." Nora chuckled as she taunted and teased him, the sun beginning to set as the phantoms began to grow more active, their whispers beginning to rise from darkened corners and alleyways as eyes began to stare and bore into the spirits not far away.

"We'll see." She hummed, her amusement growing as her smile grew ever so slightly.

Drip.

And as quick as she arrived, she disappeared just as fast. Yukine didn't want to stay in the dark, and decided to return home and continue searching later. Nora's words, however, stuck with him and caused a small seed of doubt to settle in his chest.

"It's only a matter of time before he calls for me instead of you."

"She's wrong." He muttered to himself, tired and frustrated. He knew Yato would call for him, he'd have to if he was in trouble...right?

One more look on the way back had the same result as before: no god or teenage girl in sight.

They didn't leave him, right? They didn't abandon him?

The answer to the burning question in his mind wouldn't come until the moment he stepped into his room, feeling the familiar tug of his name being called--but it felt...different then the other times, but why? It felt weaker, distant, somehow. Yukine wasn't quite sure how it worked in that regard, really.

nrQVE63.gif

In a flash of light, he let himself go to the god's awaiting hand wherever he was. Either way, Yato'd have some explaining to do.

---

After everything was said and done, Yukine decided to write down his experience during their week stay at Isle Delfino. It was...interesting to say the least. Even so, Nora's words...they still stuck with him, even now. But he wouldn't let them get to him. He had just recently became Yato's Blessed Regalia, he wouldn't let Yato be blighted again. Yato wouldn't call for her as a weapon since he had no need to

Instead, he'd use her words to motivate him to become a proper Blessed vessel, even if his god could be a sweaty good for nothing bum sometimes.

Speaking of...

"Yato get off of my bed and go sleep elsewhere." The blonde huffed as he tried to work out a particularly annoying math problem in the homework given to him.

"But Yukinee!" Yato whined like a child, causing the blonde to shake his head.

"You're such a handful! Go bother Hiyori!"

"I can't, she's busy with school!" Yato slumped, before perking up suddenly.

"Yukine, I just got an idea." Yato beamed, and Yukine had a feeling he was going to be annoyed by it regardless.

End.​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back