We're All Mad Here THE MAD KING - attempt I

TMITM

Megalomaniacal Arbiter
THE MAD KING
Really, what'd you expect?

The two characters would find themselves in a cathedral , a humongous, extremely large cathedral, void-black pillars on either side, beautiful stained-glass windows on either side, showing depictions of the four shards. A church bell sounded in the distance, faintly being heard.
The Man in the Mirror laughed - a genuine laugh of amusement and cynicism.
"O̷h̵,̸ ̶H̵i̵r̸a̶t̷a̷/̷" the Man said, laughing. "Y̸o̵u̷ ̵a̸n̶d̶ ̵I̷ ̶b̴o̷t̶h̸ ̵k̷n̶o̷w̸ ̸t̴h̷a̸t̴ ̷I̸'̶m̴ ̶n̵o̶t̴ ̷o̶n̷e̶ ̵t̶o̷ ̸p̸l̷a̶y̷ ̶b̵y̶ ̷t̴h̵e̵ ̵r̴u̸l̷e̵s̷.̸"
The Man released another peal of insane laughter. He had turned on a dime from a sentimental, sad, brooding character to, now that he saw there wasn't another way, an insane, laughing monster. And oh, boy, was it a sudden change.
The Man spun around with his back to Hirata and opened his arms wide, laughing insanely.
'Y̶o̴u̸'̵r̸e̶ ̴w̷r̴o̶n̷g̶,̶ ̴y̷o̶u̷ ̸k̵n̵o̸w̷,̴", the Man said. "I̶ ̶A̶M̵ ̶T̸H̶E̵ ̵D̸E̴S̸T̸R̷O̷Y̸E̷R̴.̸ I̶ ̵A̶M̴ ̶T̶H̸E̷ ̶H̵U̴N̷T̶E̶R̴.̴ Y̶O̵U̷'̵V̵E̷ ̵F̸O̴R̴G̴O̴T̴T̵E̶N̵ ̸T̵H̴E̶ ̴F̴I̶R̶S̶T̵ ̶R̶U̵L̴E̵ ̵O̵F̴ ̸T̶H̵E̴ ̵H̴U̶N̶T̴,̶ ̸H̸I̸R̸A̷T̵A̶!̶"
The Man turned around and chuckled darkly.
"N̴e̷v̴e̷r̸ ̸a̷t̸t̶a̶c̸k̸ ̴y̵o̷u̷r̶ ̸p̴r̵e̵y̵ ̷u̴n̶t̸i̴l̶ ̷y̸o̸u̷ ̵m̴a̷k̴e̶ ̸s̸u̴r̷e̸ ̸t̵h̷a̷t̵ ̴i̸t̸ ̸i̴s̶ ̵p̷r̵e̴y̸.̶"

Last edited:
@TMITM

(Yes.)

Hirata, now noticing he had a lot more.. Free space, per se, his form began to morph and change. While it didn’t increase his speed or anything of the sort, it did increase his strength and durability by quite a lot, which was always preferable. This massive behemoth Of a creature stood infront of TMITM, hundreds of thousands of Writhing tentacles, with a large open maw at the centre of the creatures body, it hadn’t to be thousands of miles in size. And then it roared. Shattering anything and everything’s ears, including itselfs, it sounded like an amalgamation of screams and screeches rolled into one.

Sam screamed in pain as her eardrums blew out. Shit! Now I can't hear them! She powered on her bracers and shifted into her draconic form.

@Lila Renn @Mistress of Anarchy
The Man in the Mirror rolled his eyes.
"O̸h̴,̵ ̷c̶o̷m̸e̶ ̶o̴n̴,̵ ̸H̴i̷r̸a̵t̸a̷,̷" the Man said, bored.
Ink puddles appeared out of all the pillars and shot out inky tentacles, that were all aimed to skewer the two giant entities - getting bigger just meant that they were easier to hit. A bigger target.
"T̶r̶u̸e̵ ̷f̴o̸r̴m̶ ̶a̸l̵r̵e̴a̷d̵y̵?̶" the Man asked, smiling. "I̵'̸m̸ ̵s̴l̸i̵g̷h̷t̴l̴y̷ ̶d̴i̴s̵a̴p̶p̷o̵i̷n̶t̴e̸d̴.̸"
The Man pulled out his Cane from his sleeve.
".̶.̷.̶s̷l̵i̴g̵h̵t̵l̷y̷.̶"
The Stage lights are shattered.

Sam had no problem seeing in the dark in her draconic form. She quickly flew towards TMITM and tried to break up the fight.

Hirata’s eyes had still remained the same since earlier, everything was going slowly for him. He saw the inky black tentacles slowly tumbling towards him. One of Hirata’s tentacles extended, pulsating with energy before releasing it outwards, a massive explosion of energy, akin to that of a neutron star imploding within itself, His Skin hardening enough so that the explosion didn’t destroy his entire body. However, If neither of them could do the same as he, Hey would both Certainly die, unless, of course, TMITM could teleport out of range in time instead.

@TMITM

Sam's scales prevented her from taking the brunt of the attack, but it was still very powerful. She was blown back 10 feet and knocked into human form.

@Lila Renn @Mistress of Anarchy
The Man laughed. "Y̷o̸u̴'̵r̴e̴.̷.̵.̶ ̷g̵o̶n̴n̷a̶ ̸n̵e̷e̷d̴ ̵m̶o̴r̵e̸ ̸t̶h̷a̷n̶ ̴t̷h̴a̵t̷.̸" he said, laughing.
"W̸o̴w̸,̸" The Man said, after the explosion washed over him and he watched Sam get knocked back. "Y̴o̷u̷'̴r̷e̶ ̴m̷o̷r̷e̷ ̵o̶f̸ ̴a̶ ̵t̸h̷r̴e̴a̶t̷ ̴t̵o̷ ̴e̴a̸c̴h̵ ̵o̶t̴h̶e̷r̷ ̸t̶h̷a̷n̴ ̴y̴o̴u̵ ̵a̴r̴e̷ ̵t̸o̸ ̷m̷e̷.̶ ̶"
The Man took a deep breath.
".̷.̷.̴L̷e̵t̷'̵s̵ ̷t̴r̴y̸ ̴t̵h̷a̸t̵ ̵a̴g̵a̵i̵n̵,̸ ̸s̴h̴a̶l̴l̴ ̶w̴e̴?̷"
This time, the Ink, even for Hirata, would be fast as lightning. He would have to push himself harder than that.
At the same time, the Man in the Mirror raised his cane toward the weakened Sam and through his arm and out of his cane shot black lightning, pure destructive force, a force of hate and malice, a force of entropy.
The Man winks to the applauding audience.

Hirata extended his hand, The ink being partially absorbed to use as his own strength, the other 40% or so of the ink remaining slammed into him, throwing the gigantic behemoth back a couple miles. It’s tentacles wrapped around it, pulling itself apart, so the Celestial inside would be freed.

Hirata appeared behind TMITM, the only way the Man feel him moving would be if The Man could feel reality bending around where Hirata was, then warping behind him, Attempting to slam a punch into the man’s spine. But alas, whenever did Crazily powerful men go at it with normal punches? Never! So of course this punch had the force of a small planet behind it. This wasnt Hiratas full strength though, he didn’t truly know how powerful the man was, He’d just have to gauge his strength for now.

The Man could feel it. He could feel the world bend with power not unlike his own.
The Man simply stepped back, having to abandon his onslaught on Sam, unfortunately, a simple step going back at least six feet in almost an instant, avoiding the punch, his coat shrouding him, the Man also grabbing his hat, not that it would fall off, then with a step back and a one - handed blow with his cane, delivered about the same force back.
In and out. Out and in. Fast as can be.
"W̴a̶n̶n̸a̸ ̴k̵n̷o̷w̸ ̷w̶h̸y̴ ̶I̷ ̴r̷e̴a̵l̸l̶y̶ ̷t̵o̴o̷k̴ ̷y̵o̶u̶ ̵i̵n̵?̴" he began, smiling.
"Y̶o̷u̵ ̸h̸a̴v̶e̵ ̷p̷o̵w̷e̵r̸.̶"
The Man in the Mirror laughs at the comedy unfolding around him.

Last edited:
"N̸o̷w̸,̵ ̶n̷o̷w̵,̶ ̵t̶h̶e̵r̴e̸'̷s̷ ̶n̴o̸ ̸n̵e̵e̴d̸ ̴f̷o̴r̵ ̷n̴a̶m̴e̷-̴c̴a̴l̷l̵i̸n̴g̶.̷.̶.̷" The Man chastized. ".̷.̴.̴y̶o̶u̴ ̵c̶o̷w̷a̵r̷d̴l̴y̸ ̸g̶o̷d̶m̸o̸d̵d̴i̷n̸g̸ ̴p̶e̸i̸c̵e̸ ̴o̷f̷ ̵s̸h̸i̶t̶,̴ ̶h̵i̷d̴i̸n̴g̵ ̷b̴e̶h̸i̶n̴d̴ ̶a̶ ̸f̸r̸a̷i̴l̸,̸ ̴f̵r̸a̷g̵i̵l̴e̸ ̸m̸a̵s̶k̴ ̵o̸f̷ ̵w̷o̸r̴d̶s̵.̵"
"T̵h̸a̷t̷'̷s̷ ̷r̶i̷g̸h̶t̸,̴ ̵I̶ ̷s̸e̵e̶ ̷y̷o̴u̷," the Man said, smiling. "Y̶o̴u̸'̶r̵e̸ ̸p̴a̶t̵h̴e̷t̸i̴c̵.̴"
"N̸o̸w̴,̵ ̵b̶e̸ ̴q̴u̵i̷e̶t̸.̴ ̷T̴h̶e̴ ̸a̶d̵u̸l̵t̵s̶ ̵a̵r̵e̴ ̶t̸a̶l̶k̸i̴n̵g̴.̴"

Hirata tried to not let his emotions get the best of him. He was better than this bastard of a man. He refused to be beaten by this shitshow of a thing. Hirata darted forwards, many times the speed of light, he didn’t need to increase the force of his punch, the sheer speed of which he was moving was enough to do that by itself. Hirata’s energy was encased in the ink that he had absorbed earlier, increasing the physical strength of back his fist.

The Man jumped this time, spinning his cane and putting it away, completely unfazed by the gust of wind that was created when the reality-bender lunged forward.
As the Man in the Mirror jumped over Hirata, he focused his telekinetic power into a single atom; an atom of the hydrogen variety, ensnaring it and forcing it along with his hand, barely a pinprick of light as he spun over Hirata, laughing, and in a single effort, barely a twinge of strength, split the atom.
A huge explosion resulted, the Man in the Mirror using telekinetic walls to channel the amazing amount of force toward Hirata. This wasn't like Hirata's earlier explosion; Hirata's was uncaring, undefferintiating, and in the Man's visage, clumsy. This blast of atomic power was pinpointed, precise, and aimed directly toward Hirata.
"Y̸o̵u̴ ̵h̷a̶v̵e̶ ̸s̴o̵ ̴m̸u̴c̵h̴ ̸p̷o̵t̷e̷n̷t̸i̶a̵l̴,̷" The Man lamented, "I̷ ̶w̴o̴u̸l̷d̷ ̶h̴a̵v̵e̶ ̷t̵r̸a̷i̶n̶e̷d̸ ̵y̵o̷u̵ ̶t̸o̶ ̴b̷e̸ ̸t̸h̷e̴ ̵b̵e̶s̵t̷ ̴y̵o̶u̵ ̶c̴o̷u̴l̶d̷ ̷b̴e̶,̷ ̷a̷n̷d̵ ̴t̸a̸k̵e̵ ̷y̸o̷u̴r̸ ̶r̸i̷g̸h̶t̶f̷u̶l̸ ̷p̵l̵a̸c̷e̷ ̸a̶s̶ ̴m̴y̸ ̸L̴e̸f̶t̶ ̷H̴a̶n̶d̵.̶"
The Man laughed, laughter suddenly ripping through his throat and reaching the world.
"B̶u̸t̸ ̶i̴t̸ ̶s̶e̴e̸m̵s̸ ̴t̸h̶a̸t̶ ̸y̷o̷u̵r̴ ̶p̴r̶i̸d̶e̸ ̵n̶e̴e̸d̸s̴ ̴t̴o̶ ̶b̸e̷ ̵s̸t̸o̵m̷p̵e̷d̷ ̸o̴u̵t̷ ̴f̴i̶r̵s̴t̴.̵"

Sam knew she was powerless in this situation. She wanted to encourage Hirata. With her last breath, she said, "You'll get him. I know you will." She smiled. It was a blissful smile. As if she was dreaming.

Back