Otomos the Crazy

That Which Resides in the Stars Beneath the Land
41229c4cf00958f0a2d39ba3f1253324.jpg

There used to be many different pantheons. The Greeks. The Romans. The Egyptians. The Norse. The Aztec. The Hindu. The Japanese. And many more. Now, with the peace created between them, there is a new pantheon. The Merged.

For many years, the gods and deities of myth and legends were ignorant of each other; only their leaders knew that the others existed. It was meant to stay that way until the Ending of Days. However, it had come to pass that a thought would make its way through their minds. With the world as it was, evil sprouted from the thoughts of humans were bound to create and attract forces that would only bring calamity. What could be done to prevent such a fate from befalling their world? The answer was simple: unite and prepare for the coming threat. One by one, the leaders agreed to meet within the Heavens, and after a discussion, they had agreed to work together.

And so the others came. After the surprise wore off, bonds quickly formed between the pantheons. Hermes and Loki became great friends. Athena and Thoth discussed their studies. Poseidon and Ryujin formed a friendly rivalry. But it was not only bonds of friendship that were created that day. Attraction blossomed between many. There were many more pairings, both likely and unlikely. These romances produced children, raised in secret.

And so, a new pantheon was created. One that would become the bane of the rising evil.

The old world was gone. A new world, governed by new gods, had come. Now it was time... to live out their fate.

...​

Hello! Welcome to The Merged OOC! Here, I will provide you with the Character sheets, rules, and some details about the situation that would be happening within the RP as we go along. Not only that, you can also ask questions, discuss concepts, and plot against me here (otherwise known as discuss some ways you want your characters to interact. Like gathering in a human anime convention, or a tea party, or just generally figuring out a plan that you guys want to do). Before all that, however. There are some rules:

- Old gods may have multiple children, even with multiple partners. (They can be reused)

- There will be plenty of gods and deities that can be used, and I will make a list that names as many that I know of. If you have a god or deity I don't know about, don't be afraid to link a page about them to me.

- Unlike in normal myths, gods aren't just created with their own sphere of control. A Merged inherits their abilities and domain from their parents.

- For obvious reasons the Christian God is off limits as a parent. Angels can be parents, but having one ALMIGHTY as a parent would make things boring.

- Actions that influence the threats in the RP must be run by me first (mainly because obstacles wouldn't be much fun when the characters have complete control over them).

- No killing other Gods. (will be met with severe punishment after a trial)

- Gods are allowed to enter earth without permission.

- A council of the older gods, and one particular Merged deity will be used to rule over the Merged.

- Relationships with Humans are allowed (therefore DemiGods are allowed).

- In some points, you may play as your character's parents. I will indicate when those points are, and that indication will be found here, in the OOC.

-HAVE FUN. That's what RPs are played for, so just do your best to be creative and have fun.

WiP

Birth Name: (This name does involve adding a bit of flair, but that's only because it's supposed to be epic or something. Don't worry. You don't need to come up with it right now to be accepted. It's a work-in-progress.)
Casual Name: (This one is mandatory, but definitely much easier to come up with. This is the name they commonly go by, and can be used as an alias if for any reason you decide for them to mingle amongst mortals...Of course, I might put up an alias part for the CS if the need arises.)
Appearance: (Picture or description. It doesn't matter which you choose, so go wild.)
Deific Parents: (The gods and/or deities that are the biological parents of your character.)
Sphere of Control: (The birthright of your characters, inherited from the parents. Still don't know what it is? Think of it this way. If your character is the child of Hades and Bishamon -however that works-, then they're sphere of control would be over the dead, war, and happiness.)
Personality: (...Yeah, kinda self-explanatory. This is your character's personality. Make them as good, evil, or complicated as you want. Have fun with it.)
Sacred Animal: (The animal that represents the Merged god. They don't necessarily need to be an exact match for their ideals, but there should be some similarities.)
Powers: (Ah...This one. I know how much you all may want to exploit the powers of a god, but remember that these characters are still somewhat new to the deity game. They may be destined to save everything from a coming darkness, but powers and their understanding of those powers come over time and experience. I'm not saying that you should start out small, but I am asking you to bear in mind that they won't be all-powerful...yet. Also, try to relate it to your character's sphere of control.)
Weapon(s): (This is optional. Characters don't necessarily need to have weapons. Not unless they're the offspring of a war god.)
Bio: (A small description of your character's life so far, and maybe even their relationships with their parents, and/or siblings.)
Other: (This is for Miscellaneous information. Stuff like "Enjoys cooking" or "Likes to play videogames", or otherwise just small things that helped you with your character's creation...Or maybe just their theme song. I dunno.)

Lore Bits
  • The first Merged god to come into existence was Cia, the daughter of the Titan Gaia and the Roman god of Transition Janus. Her spheres of control were Miracles, Healing, Portals, and Earth (element), though she has not necessarily mastered them yet. A smart deity, she had found that her powers would need to grow in order to face the threat that was approaching. The fastest way that she had found to do that, was to not use them at all. She refuses to use her powers for anything other than facing the threat. For fear of accidentally using them, she took a vow of silence, and has another Merged interpret her intentions and words through subtle body movement.
  • Though first crafted as an angel's last wish, the Old Gods have deemed it necessary to seal away something of import within a pocket dimension. What is this important thing? It's a secret I'm not sharing just yet...
  • As a precaution, each deity is given one small dimension/plane of existence to create their own little worlds. These worlds are basically the Merged gods' rooms.

Last edited:
Back