Open The Most Random Of Powers

Maxxeen

plate of fries
"Jeez, who put that title there?"
"You did, ma'am."
"Ah, right..."

Anyways!

A COMIC-BOOK STYLE UNIVERSE WITH PERSISTENT ONGOING LORE!

"Did that get their attention? I think it did."

~ahem~

What if superpowers but random?

Wait wait, don't go, hear me out!

With most roleplays that involve superpowers, someone chooses the powers a character has, be it the person creating the character or the GM.

I didn't want that for this.

So I decided that it would be fun to create characters with random powers, that no one chooses. And how do we ensure that randomness is there? By using the 'Random Page' feature of the Superpower Wiki of course. As of writing this, it currently has 12,395 pages, which will definitely ensure both randomness and variety.

Of course you won't have to have a character with powers if you don't want to, any sort of character is fine.

Overview

This shall be an EPIC ROLEPLAY (providing it gets enough interest, of course). That means that there will be no one singular plot. You can come up with basically whatever plot you want your characters to be doing, anything from trying to figure out what the heck is going on, to trying to take over a country, and anything in-between.

"That isn't the most coherent explanation."
"Yeah, yeah, I know. But they'll get what I mean. I think. It could be some big thing they do, or it could be some small thing as a simple interaction or trying to form some sort of superhero or supervillain group."

Random powers started appearing in 1607, after Halley's Comet passed and a sizable chunk broke off, landing somewhere in the Nevada desert. The two things had totally no correlation. No connection to each other. At all. The American government says so, so it must be true.

"Uh, is it okay to make that joke?"
"Probably. Let's just go with it."

In lore, these powers just randomly appear, maybe at birth, maybe not. If your character has powers, that is.

When making your character, you can use a variety of ways to choose your character's random powers. Maybe just searching 'powers', maybe using a random power generator. My favorite method is using the 'Random Page' feature of the Superpower Wiki.

"You already mentioned the Superpower Wiki?"
"Ah, right. Oops."
"Stop repeating yourself and talk about the rest of the stuff."
"Okay, okay. Jeez…"

Characters and Rules and… Other?

So, everything I'm putting in this section isn't everything. It's only the basic, most important things. Other things that I think of, or that are brought up, can be added later.

You can have as many characters as you want.

They must be reasonably your own. If you randomly roll spider physiology or something, you are not Spiderman. This is an OC thing, not a fandom thing.

Uh… regular RP stuff? Being reasonable, no godmodding, all that stuff.

Interactions will be able to be closed or open or semi-open/limited. Open would be if anyone can join that particular thread/plot, closed if only certain people can, semi-open/limited if there's restrictions.

"Does that even make sense?"
"Yeah, I think it does. It's another thing where if it doesn't, people can always ask."

Continuity remains consistent throughout the universe.

"What does that even mean?"
"Oh my goodness, stop interrupting me! If you give me the change to write, I'll be able to explain it."

Any major events that happen are assumed to affect all characters. If, uh, America disappears (?)(I don't know) in one plot, America disappears for everyone in the universe.

Plots can be in literally any location. America, England, space, pocket dimensions. As long as it makes sense, I guess.

"..."
"What?"
"Nothing, nothing. Are you missing anything?"
"No. I'm just going to finish this off now."
"Okay…"

If you're interested in this, show your interest.

If you've got any questions, ask your questions.

If you…

I don't know, I should just stop writing now...

I was laughing so hard, reading this. Your writing style is great and I would totally be interested! Count me in :3

:p
Ah, I see that you, too, are cultured in the ways of the superpower wiki.
Count me in!

Brilliant!
Also, I love your cute Bulbasaur avatar! That's my little sister's favorite Pokémon.
Your little sis has good taste! Even if I've had new favorites since my first childhood favorites Bulba will always be #1 :cool:

Your little sis has good taste! Even if I've had new favorites since my first childhood favorites Bulba will always be #1 :cool:

Bulbasaur is definitely one of my top five favorites. My personal favorite favorite, though, is Samurott.

I hadn't noticed that, lol. Skitty is a cool pokemon too. I love how its tail is also a cat toy. It means it can play with its own tail, like a dog.

I made the picture for my avatar a while ago. When I was making lunch one day...

I rolled just for fun and i got this :p

omg I got this XD

Back