The Scarletverse The Mythos of Scarlet / Timeline

Teeloffel

Hey you all! In this thread, I will be explaining in detail the various powers, mechanics, artifacts, gods, entities, and what "destiny" means.

I will also be posting a timeline of events here which will coincide with new threads as you make them. Please let me know if you wish to have your roleplay, story, or whatever in the timeline and I will add it. This way it is much easier to see when events have occurred.
-
First I want to start by introducing my character, Moonstar.

Moonstar is what's known as a host or a vessel. Only very specific people can be vessels. Vessels are the human energy that extra-dimensional entities need to have a base form in this reality. Entities are any extradimensional creatures that do not exist in our current reality. The Man In The Mirror, for example, would qualify as an Entity. These creatures usually come with powers for their vessels, such as Moonstar's manipulation of the Void.
Drake Brown also has an entity attached to him, which is why he can use powers such as fire manipulation. This is caused by an artifact, as explained in his character sheet, that was found in the Forge of Prometheus. Artifacts can also carry entities. If the vessel of an entity dies, the body is disposed and the entity (if ready) is released into the world as a formless ghost-type figure, realistically useless without a host. However, if the vessel of an entity loses its mental stability then the entity can control the mind of said person and push their physical form beyond human attributes.

Not all entities are entities that want to manifest on Earth. There are the Beyonders that exist inside a pendant, giving advice to the ones listening. These also exist in the same realm as the Entities, or do they? The Beyonders are part of the same universe as The Scarlet Universe and can, therefore, influence the tides of fate and destiny in a much larger degree than other entities, however they cannot be controlled.
-

Now onto powers:

Powers are physical manifestations of the desire for change. Powers come in many shapes and forms and essentially are endless in their possibilities. Only very few people can claim this inner potential of power, such as people who were traumatized, oppressed, or on the brink of death. The other criteria for having power is the soul of a fighter. These souls have significantly more "guts" than their normal citizen counterparts. They cannot be ripped from the bodies of their vessel, they cannot be as easily controlled or possessed. This is how we identify player characters, which means that every player character has the potential to gain power.

Powers might also have an in-universe explanation if anyone wishes to fill that.

-

Lastly, before the timeline,:

We must remember that The Scarlet Five is set in the future. Technology has advanced far and nukes are not the strongest weapons that we have. I would say that this is closer to a cyberpunk genre roleplay than a modern one, at least in Newport. Weapons, plumbing, transportation, education, and such have all been radically changed. I don't want the magic / occult theme of my character to ruin the mood / setting.
-

The Timeline:

0:
The Universe is created by a lazy creator, who, promptly leaves without creating any governing force (angels etc)

3:
The first Entities arrive in our unprotected universe and form The Void, which lay outside our universes' borders

Year ???
The Beyonders arrive on Earth to lay the four eggs of Skull, Sword, Eye, and Wolf

1000:
The discovery of magic (could be an interesting roleplay, set in the olden days)

1132:
The first power that is proved to not be of magical intention is discovered but shrugged off.

1232:
The day where Fergalious first entered the cave

1373:
Fergalious kills The Bound of the era and disappears into the abyss.

1930:
The year where the Scarletverse discovers how to take advantage of their planet this is also where diversion from our timeline happens.

2000:
The first fusion reactor works and produces enormous results

2017:
Tidal (TTTBS) bought and used The Eye of Cairo for the first time.

2018:
Moonstar's parents die, as well as the "Playground" incident

2027:
The Threads That Bind Us

Year: 2032
The Meeting / The Heist

The Events of TSF

Last edited:
Document E1: On the Powers of Heroes
By:
Dr. Terry Requirem
It has come to our attention that there are a group of individuals that we have named, for all intents and purposes, Heroes. These so-called Heroes have a few unique abilities. Yes, some people have supernatural or mystical abilities, sometimes stemming from Entities, but Heroes are seperate from all of that.
It seems these rare individuals have a subconscious probability manipulation power, very similar to the ones that gift the abilities in question, making the impossible, somehow, possible. They can be very lucky, and at the same time, extremely unlucky.
Heroes are anything but normal.
They are almost always powered individuals, but they are always unusual.
In short, they can control their own destiny.

This world, always and forever, is at the mercy of it's heroes.

Back