The nameless swordsman and the renowned warrior

She waved her hand towards the camp and then back to the forest. "Did you notice the lack of scouts? Which camp of a War General has no scouts? They expect us."
Like hell they were. Someone must have slipped, some word must have reached them. They had a plan prepared, for sure. Any other soldier would have hopped right into the combat. A trap, obviously. Some sort of special force lined up in the tents. A war was likely to waste lives and the Genera would probably take some of his soldiers as bait.

"They wait for an army or at least a group to attack them," she added and a smirk covered her face. If anyone would have told them that only two people managed to clear a whole camp on their own, the people would have laughed and just kept ongoing. You fear what you don't understand. It was rare to find two horsemen in swordcraft lined up in a two-people army. "So, I say we give them their group."

She summoned the Ninjas, each of them, and counted their heads. Her tongue clicked against her teeth. Too less to attack each side- well, it had to work either way.
"Alright listen, nitwits," Chiyoko instructed, a twig in her hand drawing a larger circle and two smaller ones to the east and south side. The head of the thin branch pointed to the middle first. "This is the camp and I want you to split in half, which would be three in each grouping, and then you will go to these two directions," the twig twisted to the other two. "The first one of you will run a really small circle. And in an army-march like rhythm, I want the rest of you to join. One after one."

She looked them into their eyes. Or at least what was left visible. "Stamp the earth to the ground, scream it to the world and lead the leaving enemies far away." She gulped. More than one body would fall to the ground this morning. "...Then finish their lives. I do not need another bird singing our appearance to another camp. Did I make myself clear?" They nodded as if they shared one body.
Chiyoko sighed and glanced to her partne- to Blueberry. "
We will have a larger struggle with the remaining forces. I hope the maneuver lures the ambush out of their hideouts so we can take them out and then face the general. I want to ask him a few questions before he... joins his comrades." She stared away from him, from the camp. The bare ground beneath her, brown and green, not shredded with scarlet blood and bodies of the death. Her nails dug into the mud beneath her, shook slightly.

"Then we can... fulfill our mission and return."

She'd spoken about killing as if it had no matters or anything. Like, a daily routine. Kill to survive, kill to please other people. Murder innocent lives, destroy families. And yet she had given the orders and spoke about such ill fate as if it was nothing. Horrible. That was what war really was. A good payment but everyone pays their own prices if it is their morals, souls, or own lives.

Back