The new Humans (Role play)

Alexis was pulled out of her thoughts by the man from before. She eyed him blankly, he was friendly enough and obviously bold from his actions before. "He has such a nice technique, I was just admiring husband way of making delicious foods." She said after a moment. She turned her attention back to the cook. It seems her staring wasn't bothering him. "I have many stories. Why do you ask?" Alexis turned her head to look at him, she had stopped stroking Apep much to the serpant's displeasure. "Do you always strike up a conversation with strangers Mr..." She trailed off, waiting for him to give her his name. She wasn't trying to be rude, Alexis was truly curious. She didn't really talk to strangers that much. Of course if it concerned something important then she did, but any other time she would stay to herself

Dust King - Peseo Waterfront

"Dust King, Miss, Dust King. Traveler and trader across these wonderful and God forsaken lands." Dust replied. "And, for the record, I usually go out of my way to talk to strangers. They're usually pretty interesting, if you take the time to talk to them. You may even make friends with them. And having friends in strange places has saved my life more than once." Dust continued. "A man I knew from Vempeethe once helped me escape from a pride of porcupine cats that had been stalking me all day. Another time, a six year old boy from Tutuko pointed out for me all the local monster dens, in exchange for the promise of sweets when I next returned. Good kid."

Dust shrugged, and sat up on the stool. "But, when I put my tendency for rambling aside," Dust said with a light smile, "I try to talk to interesting strangers. It tends to liven up the day."

"My name is Alexis. This is Apep." When he was introduced Apep just hissed at the stranger and looked away. Alexis looked down and chuckled. She gazed at the strange man called Dust once more. Alexis listened to him ramble silently. When he was done she finally spoke up. "Talking to strangers can get you killed." She pointed out, still waiting on her pork. He was interesting to her. Maybe it was because he happened to be the first person to talk to her in this city. Or maybe because he was brave enough to tap her with Apep around her neck. Whatever it was she decided not to question it.

Alexis tilted her head when he mentioned that he was a traveler and trader. "What is it like? To travel all over?" She asked. Alexis had no idea despite her father traveling all over. Like his daughter he was a man of few words. He didn't talk about his adventures at all. Alexis had gotten used to it so she never asked.

Chojin drove back to the shack as he got off his bike he saw the others there "hey you two" he called out while walking over to them

Jeremy slid several long slices of pork from the end of the skewer onto a tin plate, and heaped a small pile of potatoes on the plate alongside it, and slid it down the bar. "Apologies for the wait. I'll add it to Dust's tab." He said with a wink, before quickly returning to his business, managing the grill, dancing between managing the fire, slicing fruits and vegetables, and serving the gathering patrons with practiced expertise.

Dust rolled his eyes and gave a snort of laughter at the comment. He fished two handgun rounds, bullets being on of the few remaining universal currencies, from his pocket and dropped them into a corroded tin can on the counter with the word 'Tips' scrawled across the front. Upon hearing Alexis' question, Dust slowly began to roll his head back and forth, pondering it. "It's- ah, quite the adventure. Quite a bit of slogging through the mud, muck and mire of the jungle, but the experiences in between make it all worthwhile. You go to amazing places, find crazy things, and meet interesting people. Although sometimes-" He gestured to Alexis and Apep, "the interesting people come to you. Tell me, snakecharmer, what brings you out to the riverlands of Peseo?"

"I could have paid for it..." Alexis replied. She ate some of the pork and her eyes fluttered close. She opened them and turned her penetrating gaze to the cook. "You have a gift." Alexis quickly pulled her food away when Apep tried to sneak a bit. The serpant hissed in annoyance and curled around he neck a little tighter. Alexis merely rolled her eyes and turned her attention back to Dust. "It sounds very pleasant from the way you describe it. You must be a very capeable man to have made it this long. This world is filled with danger after all."

She ate another piece of the delicious pork. She would have to get some to take home with her. Alexis glanced back when she heard someone call out to them, or she assumed that they were calling out to them. She simply raised and eyebrow and turned back to Dust. "I am hardly a snake charmer, I'm sure that Apep finds me to be quite annoying." A small smile appeared on her face, it was gone as soon as it came.

"I was transporting cargo." She shrugged her shoulders. "I wouldn't mind coming back to visiting this place for pleasure rather than business. It is so...overwhelming. But in a good way of course." Alexis looked back to Jeremy. "Do you happen to have anything small and alive? Or know of some place where I can find such things. Apep is rather hungry and I would hate to have someone be bitten..."

Dust grew a tad flushed at the complement. Jeremy, who, despite his action, still managed to keep a close eye on the pair, picked up on the detail almost instantly. He grinned ear to ear, and tried, unsuccessfully, to restrain his laughter. "You got him to blush! You got him to blush, god damn! I haven't seen him do that since we were little kids, haha! You've certainly earned your place in my book, miss!" Jeremy said. With some effort, he managed to calm himself and return to his work, barely restraining himself from devolving into a fit of giggles.

Dust, on the other hand, dropped his head onto the heel of his hand to avoid eye contact, unsure whether to laugh or to cry. Eventually, he too giggled hysterically along with Jeremy. "Jesus, Jeremy!" He exclaimed, and dropped his face into his palms.

Turning back to Alexis, Jeremy smiled. "Great food and even better entertainment, I'll be open all week!" He said, clearly pleased with himself.

Bringing his head out of his palms, Dust was still chuckling a bit as he started speaking. "I have had friends, good mentors, and good luck to help me on the way. I take the problems one at a time, and hope for the best."

"And by the way, if you're looking for some rodents for Apep," Jeremy leaned in close, and lowered his voice, "I put out some cage traps for rats in my basement this morning. Stop back 'round dusk, and I should have a few."

Alexis hadn't even noticed Dust's blush until Jeremy mentioned it. She looked closer and smiled slyly at him. She liked to fluster others sometimes. It was amusing and sometimes adorable. "I didn't meant to make you flustered Dust. I was only stating the obvious." She chuckled softly. "I have to admit it strokes my ego to know that I'm the first to make you blush in years." Her eyes twinkled playfully. "Red is a nice color for you."

Alexis once again pulled her pork slice back when Apep tried to get a bite. She looked between the two of them. They were obviously childhood friends. Alexis had a few friends of her own but they acted nothing like this dynamic duo. She was far to reversed for that or maybe she simply hadn't met the right friend yet.

"Maybe talking to strangers isn't that bad. I am certainly enjoying our conversation Dust and Jermey. She looked between the two of them. The young woman turned her attention back to Dust fully. ."You've had many run ins with danger I'm more than sure. Perhaps you could tell me. My father is also a trader but he never talks of his journeys."

Alexis looked at Jeremy and nodded. "We'll come back then. I'm afraid Apep is starting to get a little upset." Said serpant hissed in annoyance and flicked his tongue out at the cook. Alexis sighed and finally gave him a slice of pork to himself.

Last edited:

Dust blew out a long sigh, an wiped his forehead with a kerchief. He sat staring at the dockworkers absently for several moments, rubbing his chin, lost in thought. He sat up slowly, nodding his head back and forth. He cracked his knuckles and stretched his arms before beginning. "Alright, Alexis. I have a story.

"It was two years ago, during the wet season in Vempeethe. My crew, consisting of myself, another eight men, and a few sturdy oxen, generally make a run there before the rains set in, to deliver food, blankets, and some other supplies to help get the village through the wet season. Vempeethe gets a steady supply of food from some of the mushrooms they grow there, but its not enough to make up for the inability to forge the surface when the rains turn the jungle in that area into a complete bog.

"Our crew made it to Vempeethe easily. We generally run the route a few times per year, and the massive pythons that sometimes roam the region usually scare the raiders away. So we made it in good time, with no events, when the storms set in. Now, Vempeethe is in a large valley, and quite a lot of water pools there when it rains. This was the largest rainstorm I had seen in my entire life. The air felt more water than not. We ended up having to ride out the storm in the caves and mines with the locals.

"We ended up having to practically seal the cave entrances to keep the water out. My men and I worked day and night, setting up sandbags, making wood and earth barricades, and bailing out what we could to help the locals keep the city dry. The rain lessened after a few days, but was still coming down hard. It would have needed to stop raining entirely, and had a few days of sun after that, before we could hope to start moving, and even then, we would have been slogging through waist deep water, and shin deep mud. But luck wasn't on our side, and it kept raining. In the meantime, strange things started to occur."

Dust got quiet, and slowly sipped from his canteen. He stared out at the green-blue river absently, his mind clearly elsewhere. Jeremy worked silently, doing his best to muffle the noises he made as he continued to cook. He was listening intently, having never heard the tale before. The few other patrons at the nearby stools had also begun to listen in, abandoning their conversations, and occasionally whispering to each other in slight murmurs. Dust continued his tale.

"We took the time afterwards, in our brief moments of reprieve, to begin selling our wares. It became apparent, however, as we took inventory, that we had lost one of the ox in the rain as we had entered. It had gotten bogged down, stuck in the mud, and in the rush to safe ourselves, in the confusion and noise of our rush to get to Vempeethe, we had forgotten about it. It damned us.

"Vempeethe, as you know, is entirely underground. A common misconception is that they use torches for their light. They do not. They use lamps. They burn cleaner, provide better light, and arent nearly as cumbersome as wooden torches, which have to be chopped and carefully dried, seasoned and stored for the wet season, which is too much of a hassle. Instead, they simply use oil lamps, despite the expenses. Now, the ox was laden with supplies like all the others, although this one, younger, and on its first trip, was burdened with lighter goods. It had a few blankets and some trinkets we were selling, but it also carried one thing in particular, one thing that damned us. It carried many gallons of kerosene.

"Normally, other traders come and sell kerosene as well, sharing the burden of lighting Vempeethe with us, and keeping the lamps shining throughout the year. Unfortunately, these caravans never came. They were lost in the storm or turned back. The precious oil never came.

"The rain continued for two weeks. And for those two weeks, water continued to seep its way into Vempeethe, despite the city's best efforts. The lower mines were flooded, mining operations ground to a halt, and the lamps flickered out, one by one. The city grew in, hiding away from the dark and the water, huddled around the few fires they had, made from scrapping furniture, and breaking down whatever dry wood they could find, without destroying the wooden supports of the city's tunnel's and bridges.

"On the sixteenth day of the monsoon, as the bonfire began to flicker low, we began hearing screams. People started going missing. At first, we thought they simply fell in the dark, snapped their neck, drowned, or simply got lost. Searching though the cold dark, armed with poor, flickering flashlights, the men and I stumbled upon a body. Or, more accurately, the remains of a body.

"Half eaten, limbs torn from the sockets, intestines strewn about the macabre carnage carelessly, skull smashed open and brain nowhere to be found. Gods, we couldn't even tell what gender they used to be. It was horrifying. It was brutal. It was beyond animalistic.

"From the dark about us we hard shuffling, coming from multiple directions. Shortly after, as we began to look about frantically, we began to hear it, low at first, but rising in volume quickly. Laughter. This dark, maniacal laughter, coming from everywhere around us, echoing in the dark of the caves. I don't even know how to describe it properly. It wasn't human.

"We spent the next day, scrambling our way through the mines, running from... whatever these things were. We didn't know the way back, only that we needed to go up, and try to find the village from there. We lost the people one at a time. Sometimes, they went screaming into the black. Sometimes, they just disappeared. One put the barrel of his shotgun in his mouth and pulled the trigger. When we finally found the low burning bonfire of the village, there were three of us left. The other two broke formation, rushing ahead to the village, leaving me with a flashlight and my ten millimeter. I tripped, stumbled, and fell, spawling out on the cold hard stone. The flashlight went spinning out of my grasp, but I managed my hold on the pistol.

"I found myself face to face with one of the monsters that had been tailing us, and stealing people. It was this hunched over creature, standing nearly seven feet even with the hunch. It walked on two legs, and resembled some sort of terrible, twisted man. It was covered head to toe in lean, black muscle, stark in contrast to the white bones that were visible beneath its sickly, translucent skin. I fired my gun until the clip was empty. I wounded it badly, and ran.

"There's something you have to keep in mind. My gun, this ten millimeter, pre-war handgun, the most reliable weapon I have ever had the fortune of wielding, is powerful. I've taken down everything from rampaging shadow bears with a round to the skull to rampaging river lizards with a shot straight through the shell with this gun. It was loaded with ten millimeter explosive rounds. I fired this gun thirteen times at point blank range. Thirteen times, until it was clicking empty. I dropped every round straight into that thing's chest. I didn't miss.

"It hit the ground heavily, but I could still hear it trying to give off a warped, damaged, laugh as it lay dying on the ground. The amount of damage that thing took and lived through was unreal.

"We recovered the kerosene the next day, gave it to them, and left there as quick as we could. That was the last time I went to Vempeethe. I've been doing runs to Tutuko now, mostly, and rarely Onac."

Dust smiled bitterly. "There are some things out there we can't begin to understand. I can't say I know too much about your father, but sometimes, we prefer not to share all our tales. You encounter things while travelling that you can only hope to survive, and when you do, you try to keep close to you. Just pray you never encounter one of those things." He paused, and kicked at one the his stool's legs with his heel. "I'm sorry. It probably wasn't the story you wanted to hear, but it was what came to mind."

Last edited:
When Dust began his tale Alexis gave him her full attention. She had always wanted to know what the life of a trader was like. When she was a child she would eagerly wait for her father to return in hopes of him finally telling her a story. But alas when he returned from his journeys she was only met with a kiss to the forehead and a hug. Her younger self had been a persistent little thing but her father never cracked. She didn't know that the job of a trader was dangerous or that her papa could end up missing like so many others.

As she grew up Alexis had stopped asking for the stories, accepting that he would never tell. She began to realize that possibly there was a reason why papa didn't talk about his adventures. She had been raised to understand how dangerous the world was after all. She remembered the surprise on his face when she had agreed to transport the cargo. And now that she had thought about it, she could have sworn that she saw fear in his tired eyes.

So as she listened to Dust's tell, completely enthralled by the events in which he had to go through Alexis began to realize just what her father had to go through. Alexis looked at the older man, or she assumed that he was older over. He was so vibrant and jolly despite the horror that he had to go through. She wondered how he could still be so friendly when he had to stay in that cave knowing that something was after him, that the same creature was stealing people and mutilating them beyond recognition, and then meeting the same beast himself.

Without her knowledge a single tear managed to slip down her cheek. Alexis blinked a few times and wiped it away. Sometimes she cursed her mother for her compassion, she had clearly passed it down to her only daughter. "No your tale was not what I was expecting but I don't regret listening. I've always had an inkling of what my papa went through on his trips. It is the reason why I stopped asking. You have given me a greater insight of the danger that comes with his job...and now I want nothing more than to go home and apologize to him...." She sighed sighed and hastily wiped another tear.

Alexis looked away from Dust, not wanting him to her a tears. She stroked Apep's head when he nuzzled her cheek. When she was sure that she was done with the waterworks Alexis looked back to Dust. "Tell me Dust...how do you managed to stay so charming when you have encountered so much horror? How can you still be so friendly? I said before that you are a very capable man but I see now that you are strong and brave as well. But I notice the sadness in your expression as you spoke. The years old pain in your eyes. Tell me why do you continue to do this if it causes so much heartache and fear Dust?"

Dust smiled sympathetically, and sighed. He began to liven up, slowly becoming more animated as he spoke. "When I returned to Peseo, I did two things. The first was reporting the deaths of the ones we had lost. We keep a wall at the guildhouse, and write the names of the dead, and how they died on it, as a way of both remembering them, and reminding us to be careful. I had to report all six names, right in a row. I told them they died in a flood. I couldn't tell them what really happened." Dust shivered, despite the heat. Just thinking about those monsters made his blood run cold.

"The second thing I did was hide. I holed up in my home, always keeping a light on, rarely leaving the house. I was a nervous wreck." Dust admitted, unashamedly. He gestured to Jeremy. "He was the one who helped me get my life back together. He forced me to work at this restaurant here, just to do something each day. Just getting out and doing things helped, and slowly, over the next couple of months, as I cooked food-"

"Some of the worst food we ever sold, I might add." Jeremy added, with a soft smile.

"Yeah," Dust chuckled, "It was pretty awful." He turned back to Alexis. "I don't know when, but at some point, it just became another memory. Frightening and barely believable, but just another memory. But I couldn't remain a terrible cook forever. The open road called. I started going out, leading caravans again, and I've been doing well ever since." He clapped his hands, rubbed them together and smiled. "And that's the dark side of trading Alexis. The world's a strange place, filled with dark and danger. But there's always something at the end of the road that makes it worthwhile."

"And so that's the story of your ill fated expedition at twenty-one. I have to say, makes me glad I just sit here and 'trade fish bowls to hungry dockworkers,' as you so eloquently put it. In fact, if I didn't know any better, I'd say that my food is that little something at the end of the road." Jeremy laughed, then peered at Dust and raised an eyebrow. "Any other tales of misfortune you need to get off your chest? Gossip is rather good for business, you know. It's our third best seller, behind the pork and fish bowls, of course."

"No, nothing so exotic as the last one." Dust chuckled. "Nothing you couldn't get from any other trader."

"The story is out of the bag now, Dust. And we had a few eavesdroppers listening in." Jeremy shot a few odd glares to some of the other patrons. "I don't think it's going to stay private for too long."

"Let them tell it. It was time for the story to be told." Dust said plainly. He turned back to Alexis. "So what about you? Do you have any stories from... Onac, I'm guessing?" He questioned.

Chojin sat down on a bench and smiled while he took out a lollipop and took off the warper before placing it in his mouth. "Ill like the fish and shrimp please" he ask before he sat down "so you guys in the Hunter Service too" Chojin ask the others.

Last edited:
"Anyone would be a nervous wreck after that. You were face to face with a creature made of nightmares." Alexis said. She finished her food. "And you are a marvelous storyteller Dust. When I come back here perhaps you can tell me more." She smiled at him. "And I've always known that this world was dangerous. My parents made sure that I knew it from a young age." She told him.

Alexis frowned a little. She didn't have any exciting stories to tell. This was her first time out of Onac. Well there was one thing that she could tell him. Alexis got comfortable on her stool. "I'm afraid that my life hasn't been as exciting as yours. This is my first time out of my village in face. And we don't have nearly as much people as the other villages." Alexis crossed one leg over the other. "Oh! Now that you mention it...when I was passing through the forest I came across two people...well one person and something more..." She furrowed her eyebrows. "From a distance they looked like a human but when I got closer the had monkey like features. I had never seen anything so odd before." Alexis realized that her story probably wasn't that exciting to Dust and the others but it was all she could think of.

"Hmm well I could tell you about how I came across Apep. When I was about ten years old my I would follow my brothers around like lost puppies. They were the most amazing people to me at the time. They would sometimes venture to the low part of the jungle, they wouldn't go very far though. One day I managed to convince them to take me with them. And I managed to slip away. While taking a stroll I came across a nest with medium sized eggs inside. The eggs had been tore apart and I could see the baby snakes laying still...they hadn't even had the chance hatch. But then a realized that all of them were destroyed except one. So I did something very foolish, I snatched the egg." Alexis chuckled softly.

"My brothers found me and had been worried to death. After that they never brought me with them again. But I didn't care, I had a new pet to look after anyway. I looked after the egg and made sure that the temperature in its incubator was just right. After Apep hatched I knew that we would be long time friends. We've been together ever since."

Chojin slowly fall asleep "can you guts help me find a beast soon" he ask before pulling a pic of the beast showing it to them "have you seen this" he asked while placing it down on the table and then silde it foward to them so they can get a better look. "You see i have been called to see if i can grab a DNA sample from the beast and delivered it to a lab so i can get a few bucks to help my boss run his shop" Chojin explain to them while he pulled put a small test tun and a needle to show them "this is what i will use" he said.

Last edited:

Dust listened intently as Alexis spoke. He found her to be quite different than he expected. She wasn't some wide eyed, innocent girl on her first trip in 'the big city.' She had her own view of the world he found found hard to put into words. Not optimism, but not pessimism, either. It was some strange sort of hopeful, curious realism that he struggled to quantify. It was quite charming. He listened, at first, to humor her, but he found himself drawn in by her charm and mannerisms, and before long was listening truly in earnest. It was intriguing to hear the stories that helped to shape who people were.

"So, perhaps not a snake charmer, but a snake tamer." Dust remarked. "Quite the accomplishment, either way. And managing to not only save, but raise him, and at such a young age? Doubly impressive." He said honestly. "I'm sure having Apep as your guardian has helped out more than once. Isn't that right?" He asked the snake, looking into its lidless eyes.

Jeremy, finding himself with some small reprieve from other customers, approached the newcomer. He quickly prepared the order, and not long after passed along a basket of large, pan fried river shrimp and seared fish cutlets. A simple meal, but tastefully prepared and a staple of the Peseo community. Seeing as Alexis and Dust were occupied, Jeremy took it upon himself to entertain the young man.

"Here's your food. Apologies for my friends over there," He gestured to the pair exchanging stories. "they're quite engrossed in each other's company. The man, Dust, is a trader, and the woman, Alexis, is a traveler, and they're both swapping tales of the road at the moment. And, as I'm sure you may have figured out, I'm Jeremy, and I cook food." He said with a mock bow.

"And as for your beast," he said, wiping his hands on an old towel before grabbing the photograph to examine it closer. "I'm afraid I can't tell. The image is quite poor." Jeremy shrugged, and passed the photo back to Chojin. "Cameras just aren't what they used to be. But," he added, "I have to ask, what's your name, and what exactly is the hunter service?"

Apep merely stared at Dust. He flicked his tongue out and looked away, dismissing the human. "I apologize, he's a rather rude serpent. You would think with his above average intelligence he would be nicer." Alexis rolled her eyes. Now it was her turn to blush. She looked away from Dust. The redness was hard to see because of her dark skin but it was there. She didn't find what she did all that impressive.

"I have to admit he has saved me more times than I could count. As a child someone dared to try and kidnap me, at the time Apep had been hiding in my clothes. When I cried out for help he quickly sank his fangs into the woman. She fled and was found dead only a few hours later. She had died while trying to to make it home." Alexis had a faraway look in her eyes. She was remembering all the times that Apep had helped her.

"When I was about to eat a poisonous berry he slapped it out of my hand with his tail and just stared at me as if I was a complete idiot." She chuckled and propped her arm up on the counter. She rested her cheek on her hand.

"He's gotten me an a fair amount of trouble as well. When my mother found out about him she wanted me to get rid of him. I refused of course and told her if he had to go then so did I...dramatic I know. I knew that she wouldn't try to take him, she doesn't like touching serpents or anything scaly. My father was fine with me having him and my brothers didn't really care." She smiled at the memory. Her mother had shrieked when she saw her daughter playing with a snake. It's something that always made Alexis laugh.

"Apep was a bit reckless at first. I remember when suddenly our neighbor's pet went missing....I will neither deny or agree that Apep had any involvement." Alexis tapped the snake on the head. She smiled when he ignored her completely.

Last edited:
Chojin smiled "thanks for the food and the tip" he said before he started to eat his food "you know i caught a lot of monsters before but not this, this is really different from the others you know" Chojin explain before he took another bite into his fish and ate another shrimp.

"You see, Alexis, everyone has a interesting story to tell. I've yet to find a person who doesn't have an interesting tale. It's usually that people either think their tales to be uninteresting, or they don't realize how extraordinary the tale is. What people find to be extraordinary varies from place to place. There are some people from Peseo who have never been outside the city ruins! They have no idea what the great tree of Onec is like, or the misty mountains of Tutuko, or the winding, sprawling caves of Vempeethe." Dust exclaimed, clearly animated. "Hell, there are people who've never been out onto the forest floor! Who've never left the streets of Peseo."

"I feel like you're making a personal attack on me!" Jeremy clasped a hand over his heart, feigning injury and sorry.

"You're a cornerstone of the town, Jeremy!" Dust replied. "You're far too valuable to let fall into the hands of another village!" He turned back to Alexis, and continued. "There are some people from Vempeethe who only ever see the sky a few times a year, and only then, just barely through the forest canopy. In Tutuko, folks long for the sight of 'the big city,' where they can live in a home on flat ground. Everyone, everyone, has a story, a great story about the world, their world. They're special, unique individuals. Everyone. You, me, Jeremy and even the weird kid with the cape." Dust said, jerking a thumb over his shoulder.

Dust sucked in a long breath, winded after his breathless spiel. "Life is beautiful. Everyone and everything in it. It has its ups and downs, but I think it all works out in the end."

Jeremy, meanwhile, resumed talking with the caped teen. "It'll either be a bullet or twelve copper for payment, your choice." Jeremy replied. "But this hunter service. You guys run around, catch monsters, and jab 'em with needles? You're still pretty young. What, fifteen? Sixteen? You should still be in school. And I didn't catch your name, by the way. What is it?"

Alexis found herself smiling with Dust. His joyous nature was infectious. His words couldn't be any truer. Her mother and some of her friends had never seen the forest floor before. "Dust you are by far the most interesting person that I have met. I am glad that I didn't ignore you." Alexis admitted. "Your outlook on life is very charming and refreshing.

She wondered what it was like to travel around. Well she knew because of Dust's tale but maybe she could experience for herself. Alexis was happy with her life but she couldn't help but feel that there was more out there for her.

Alexis looked to Jeremy and smiled slyly. "His cooking is very delicious. Who says that one of us snatches him at night. We would love to have a great cook like him." She teased. The young woman looked at Dust thoughtfully. She stared at him intently before speaking. "Dust...I want to join you on your journeys...don't try to convince me otherwise." She said to him. "I think Apep and I would make a useful addition, we could protect you and the goods that you trade." She crossed her arms over her chest. She looked more confident now.

Secrée wandered quietly along the waterfront of Paseo. A lovely village truly, it was busy and the winding pathways gave her a sense of both ease and worry as she knew she was never quite alone. Carrying a large backpack filled with various of supplies, her back ached as she had not rested for multiple days. She was making a delivery of various metal products to the market however a comforting scent of food caught her attention as she passed the front of what seemed to be a restaurant. Her gloved hand lightly brushed against the wall as she turned back to the entrance way of this friendly building.

Dressed in a short stained gown of sorts that stopped at her thighs, and a darker shade of pants which hugged at her legs. Her long bleached hair rested against her exposed chest, covering one of her pointed ears and leaving the other very noticeable. In a world of mutated freaks she wasn't much different however her battered yet elegant look did make her stand out amongst the crowd. Listening for a moment as she stood in the door way, her glazed over hues desperately looking around. She could see where light was. But only the source of it.

Confident with the positions of those within she walked through to the front. Lifting her humorously large bag off of her own shoulders and placing it down. She could hear a girl and man talking only a pace or two from her. Sitting down at a stool she quietly dug through her satchel and pulled a couple silver coins out. "Could I please get something to eat? Anything warm would be nice." She spoke with a strong accent. Like someone who was from Vempeethe yet had been around to so many places her accent was mixed with those from other regions. One could even say she had a trader's accent. Offering a slight smile as she stared forwards, desperately hoping someone would hear her and reply.

Last edited:
Back