The (Not) Cool Zone [open]

Dodoco King

Benefactor
"Keep it moving people, we don't have all day!"

Feeling the nudge of a rifle's stock, Asuka lurched through the gates of Quarantine Zone 94, QZ94 for short. Each was numbered based on its opening order within the state and judging by the cluster of new arrivals, 95 would be opening very soon. She'd heard stories of citizens getting shot if they so much as looked at a patrolman wrong. It didn't matter whether you were infected or not, they could find a reason to pin the blame on you.

Rubbing the bite around her wrist, the white-haired woman fell in line with the other new arrivals bowing to the temperature gun. Those over ninety-nine stepped to the left while everyone else was diverted to the next set of inspections. She let out a sigh as the next officer gestured for her to hand her bag over. Were they going to requisition her supplies in the name of security?

"Hungry guy aren't you?" Catching her bag, Asuka shot the man a glare as she followed the next arrow to the medical hub. It was the last checkpoint before she could settle down but also the most dangerous.

---​

"Were you in close contact with an Infected?"

"Yes."

"Have you been vaccinated?"

"Yes."

"Have you exhibited any other symptoms?"

"No."

Yes.

"Describe the nature of your contact with the Infected."

"Prior to this I was a paramedic so I worked with patients both infected and otherwise. I've had no contact outside of that."

"Have you ever been injured by a patient?"

Asuka paused for a few seconds, her lips pressed into a line. "I was bitten by a patient, but I was vaccinated prior to that." The risk of telling the truth wasn't lost on her. The people managing QZ94 weren't interested in protecting its citizens and the guards patrolling the ward were proof of that. She could see them with their fingers poised around their guns.

The doctor scribbled a few notes on her pad before gesturing for a guard to come over. She seemed to whisper something in his ear before turning back to Asuka and smiling beneath her mask.

"Please follow this gentleman here and he'll lead you inside."

Eyeing the patrolman the woman nodded slowly before following him out of the tent.

Reactions: N0X
Ixonia was walking along with everyone except that everyone was avoiding being very close to her. Who would blame them when there was a huge growling dog who was a bit cantankerous due to how far along in her pregnancy. A very protective breed and this one is fearful of strangers, Irish Wolfhounds can be a formidable foe. In fact, this particular one has ancestry that included direct parentage to the old line of wolf hunters. Yes, wolf hunters. The speed is like other and this particular one is very angile. making quick turns in mid stride.
Ixonia blew a dog whistle which was on a chain around her neck. She used a simple list of commands with the whistle and it was the highest command list she had. There were 4 other command lists she could use depending on the situation.
Ixonia spoke softly to Lady when Lady nudged her hand.

I feel that it might be best to place the leash on your harness. Not that I don't trust you but for my safety and sanity. There is too many people about and I don't like it.

Lady whimpered softly for she was tired and hungry. Ixonia took the retractable leash and hooked it to the harness. A few bits of treats that were left from the last place that had food scraps were given to Lady.

Ixonia followed the female before her and it was finally their turn to get checked. She was nervous for she had walked through the after mist of a puker who attacked another person. Lady pulled Ixonia away so she did not get much on her yet she worried..... just in case like.

Back